IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 359.
#17551 3 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Any videos of gameplay?

no sorry, dont have materials to do it properly & with a minimum of quality needeed nowadays

a friend of mine wanna put some time/money in this, let's see how it goes...
but than, we have already a lot of good streams, to me i really enjoy Karl & Bowen (but of course not only)

#17552 3 months ago

My RUSH got some love today.

Replaced the scoop protector.
Thanks again NinjaCamp you guys Rock.

And replaced the ramp protector rubbers as the left one had cracked and was a matter of time before it fell apart. Lol.
For the rubbers, the ramp had to be removed, which was MUCH easier than I thought.

Now hoping everything works and I can get back to playing my RUSH! lol.
811C2DF8-504B-4F2A-9A1D-DD2DBBD62757 (resized).jpeg811C2DF8-504B-4F2A-9A1D-DD2DBBD62757 (resized).jpeg

#17553 3 months ago

Just got my expression lights. They are not working. Is this picture correct?

IMG_0506 (resized).jpegIMG_0506 (resized).jpeg
#17554 3 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Just got my expression lights. They are not working. Is this picture correct?
[quoted image]

Check out this post, looks like you’re missing a connection on the right side I believe

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/325#post-7719907

#17555 3 months ago

Expression lights working. Now I’m getting a node 1 not found message

#17556 3 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Expression lights working. Now I’m getting a node 1 not found message

Do you have anything plugged into the left connector?

May want to look at post #9191, he has 2 black ethernet cables. Not near mine or I’d compare to see if that’s standard or if Stern picked any ole color.

#17557 3 months ago

Thanks went through the directions on Pinside all is working now. Man those stern directions are horrible.

#17558 3 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Thanks went through the directions on Pinside all is working now. Man those stern directions are horrible.

Glad to hear. The people here in this forum are the best at sharing, kudos to the ones who have helped so many with those light installations. Enjoy the new light show.

#17559 3 months ago

I might've discovered a bug with the software- wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I had "bass" activated- which allows combos during multiball - during Red Barchetta multiball I made one of the 1-2-3 combos (yellow numbers went from 3 back to 1) hit the Time Machine and nothing.

This is the 2nd time this has happened. Going to pay better attention next time / but wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

#17560 3 months ago

You could try with the glass off and just test it.

Maybe the code allows you to register 1,2,3s but you can't collect them until after the MB mode?

#17561 3 months ago

That’s standard behavior, there are some feature adjustments to change it if you like, but default is the 1-2-3s during multiball will score points and add to the jackpot but will not qualify any albums, that has to be done in single ball play (on default settings)

#17562 3 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

That’s standard behavior, there are some feature adjustments to change it if you like, but default is the 1-2-3s during multiball will score points and add to the jackpot but will not qualify any albums, that has to be done in single ball play (on default settings)

I saw that setting but I figured that was to allow combos without activating the bass. I'll mess with it.

Would be nice if the official rule sheet was updated along with the code.

#17563 3 months ago
Quoted from 11strings:

I saw that setting but I figured that was to allow combos without activating the bass. I'll mess with it.
Would be nice if the official rule sheet was updated along with the code.

I think there’s two separate settings, the one you want is “CAN QUALIFY ALBUMS IN MULTIBALL”

#17564 3 months ago

Felt like showing off my custom metal ramps, wireforms and dead-end ramp. Only one of two games with this installed and it really makes the Pro shine.

#17565 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Felt like showing off my custom metal ramps, wireforms and dead-end ramp. Only one of two games with this installed and it really makes the Pro shine.

They look great - did you make them yourself?

#17566 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

They look great - did you make them yourself?

No, a talented Pinsider made them. He's made cool mods for many other games as well. Currently he's making something for Jaws.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-attacking-hoopers-cage-mod#post-7982875

#17567 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

great for sure !

#17568 3 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

great for sure !

Quoted from PoMC:

Difficult to install?

#17569 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh boy, I recall when the fellow making these wireforms and ramps for Rush (Pro) was considering selling them, and I would have purchased them in a heartbeat. I was quite bummed when he didn't get enough interest and gave up on the idea. An awesome pickup for you there though, that's a one of a kind Rush!

#17570 3 months ago
Quoted from Cyclehoarder:

Difficult to install?

Nope. Because I bought his Rush with these already installed.

Swapped playfields into my Rush cabinet since I already had Expression Lights installed. Then sold the other stock Rush.

#17571 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

My RUSH got some love today.
Replaced the scoop protector.
Thanks again NinjaCamp you guys Rock.
And replaced the ramp protector rubbers as the left one had cracked and was a matter of time before it fell apart. Lol.
For the rubbers, the ramp had to be removed, which was MUCH easier than I thought.
Now hoping everything works and I can get back to playing my RUSH! lol.
[quoted image]

I had to replace the ramp protector rubber on the left as well. The crack looked exactly like yours did. I was able to replace it without removing the ramp. It's a little tricky, you just have to gently pry the metal bracket open just enough to remove the rubber without bending it. Part of the bracket penetrates the holes in the rubber which is what makes it tricky.

#17572 3 months ago
Quoted from flofixer:

I had to replace the ramp protector rubber on the left as well. The crack looked exactly like yours did. I was able to replace it without removing the ramp. It's a little tricky, you just have to gently pry the metal bracket open just enough to remove the rubber without bending it. Part of the bracket penetrates the holes in the rubber which is what makes it tricky.

I was surprised how easy it is to remove the ramp assembly. Removing it eliminated my fear of a forever lost microscopic screw.

#17573 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow that's cool! Neat how you pieced it together too! Congrats!

#17574 3 months ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Oh boy, I recall when the fellow making these wireforms and ramps for Rush (Pro) was considering selling them, and I would have purchased them in a heartbeat. I was quite bummed when he didn't get enough interest and gave up on the idea. An awesome pickup for you there though, that's a one of a kind Rush!

I saw another seller of the ramp for the Pro. I have had it in my saved links but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anyone have any experience with this one?
https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/rush-ramp-in-stock

#17575 3 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

I saw another seller of the ramp for the Pro. I have had it in my saved links but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anyone have any experience with this one?

I had that on my Rush before I bought the other Rush with the full metal ramps.

I thought it felt great to shoot. Really super smooth and repeatable to make. Worth it to add a new shot to the game and fair price.

#17576 3 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

You will not be disappointed in this mod! Easy install.

#17577 3 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Great mod and works well. Still dialling everything in to work with my precision flippers though, occasionally the ball falls off just after the scoop. I may have an older version though- mine doesn’t have the gear details on the ball drop.

#17578 3 months ago

Anyone have any ideas how to fix/troubleshoot this issue with the scoops on my replacement playfield? Stern tech support is stumped. Balls get stuck in the top scoop and ball search can't find them. Sometimes 2 balls shoot out the bottom scoop. I can't figure out a pattern. Switch test seems normal (confirmed by Stern). Sometimes I'll also get the mystery award when I shoot a ball into the top scoop.

#17579 3 months ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Great mod and works well. Still dialling everything in to work with my precision flippers though, occasionally the ball falls off just after the scoop. I may have an older version though- mine doesn’t have the gear details on the ball drop.

Great feedback all..thank you! I will probably pull the trigger. Can you elaborate on any issues with precision flippers? I have them on Ac/Dc and was thinking about them for Rush. Just curious about the specifics. Thanks!

#17580 3 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Great feedback all..thank you! I will probably pull the trigger. Can you elaborate on any issues with precision flippers? I have them on Ac/Dc and was thinking about them for Rush. Just curious about the specifics. Thanks!

I've put them on at least 8 games, since the day they were available. Not a single issue. I do prefer the halos over solids tho, and have them on all our games.

#17581 3 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Anyone have any ideas how to fix/troubleshoot this issue with the scoops on my replacement playfield?

I had these kinds of problems, it was the switch not detecting the ball from the upper scoop.

There is a replacement part from Stern to correct the problem, do you have it ?
I've received this part but I solved the problem in other way : I just bended the switch a little bit...
1500 plays since this, no more detection problem !

#17582 3 months ago

Some before-work-no-kids-no-wife-empty-house-yeeted-ball-3-totally-STDM pinball.

IMG_8933 (resized).JPGIMG_8933 (resized).JPG
#17583 3 months ago
Quoted from leeoneil:

I had these kinds of problems, it was the switch not detecting the ball from the upper scoop.
There is a replacement part from Stern to correct the problem, do you have it ?
I've received this part but I solved the problem in other way : I just bended the switch a little bit...
1500 plays since this, no more detection problem !

Thanks. I’ll try the switch bend & see. They haven’t mentioned a replacement part

#17584 3 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. I’ll try the switch bend & see. They haven’t mentioned a replacement part

This one :-

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-8018-00

#17585 3 months ago

I have a stern shooter rod if interested. NIB 130.00 shipped within the US

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#17586 3 months ago

Ask them about the part. Usually they want you to talk to the distributor. The details including part numbers,
directions, and install video are at:

https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/

#17587 3 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Ask them about the part. Usually they want you to talk to the distributor.

I think this is fine advice, but for what it's worth I've contacted Stern...hundreds?...of times and only needed to contact the distributor once. I find it's a needless step 99.9% of the time.

#17588 3 months ago

Hey Folks! I've had this pin for a few months and LOVE it, but im still trying to figure a few things out.

One is the Diverter at the upper ramp... to me it seems like it randomly decides when it wants to change the path or not, but 9 out of 10 times it doesn't seem to do anything. I've seen some say you can change an option to put control of it on the right flipper, but I skimmed through all the options and didn't see it. I've also read some say you can use the action button to change it, but when I press that, nothing happens. (I'm still not sure what this button even does, except for launching the ball, or using "The weapon" which... I'm still not sure the best time to use lol)

Lastly, and possibly related to my diverter problem. I randomly went into the menu to play around with the audio settings, and I saw an error
"Check Switch #58:L Ramp Exit Opto" It's probably been a few weeks since I've done anything under the glass, or was in the menu. So I have no idea what caused this. To make it more stranage, I turned off the machine, and turned it back on the next day and the error was gone.

Any ideas?

#17589 3 months ago
Quoted from Drnick5:

Hey Folks! I've had this pin for a few months and LOVE it, but im still trying to figure a few things out.
One is the Diverter at the upper ramp... to me it seems like it randomly decides when it wants to change the path or not, but 9 out of 10 times it doesn't seem to do anything. I've seen some say you can change an option to put control of it on the right flipper, but I skimmed through all the options and didn't see it. I've also read some say you can use the action button to change it, but when I press that, nothing happens. (I'm still not sure what this button even does, except for launching the ball, or using "The weapon" which... I'm still not sure the best time to use lol)
Lastly, and possibly related to my diverter problem. I randomly went into the menu to play around with the audio settings, and I saw an error
"Check Switch #58:L Ramp Exit Opto" It's probably been a few weeks since I've done anything under the glass, or was in the menu. So I have no idea what caused this. To make it more stranage, I turned off the machine, and turned it back on the next day and the error was gone.
Any ideas?

When you hit the action button you don't see or hear anything "change" on the ramp, but the red flasher on either side of the playfield changes, and when the ball is hit up there it goes to the side that has the flashing red flasher. You probably don't have a problem. The error code can mean you just haven't hit that shot in so many plays, and it will go away after the switch is activated. So again, sounds like you are actually problem free

#17590 3 months ago
Quoted from Drnick5:

Any ideas?

RE: the diverter, look at the flasher domes on the sides of the playfield. That's your indicator which way the diverter will send the ball... generally. If you press the action button you'll see a lightshow sweep the playfield and the opposite dome lit. To see this best to do so during a quiet time, like if you've got the ball held on a flipper. Now the game will assist with the diverter at times, I think when you're int song modes. It will try to direct the ball to the side that has the optimal shot. E.g., say you just started up Villa and hit the left ramp... the diverter would likely be triggered by the game to send the ball down to the left flipper so you could shoot for the first Villa shot on the right ramp. How often the game helps is adjustable in the settings I think.

#17591 3 months ago

Has anyone found an effective way to make the "diversion" from the right ramp to the right flipper better? On my game, it gets hung up every time on the diverter and greatly slows the ball down.

#17592 3 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Has anyone found an effective way to make the "diversion" from the right ramp to the right flipper better? On my game, it gets hung up every time on the diverter and greatly slows the ball down.

It's an abrupt stop and drop, but shouldn't hang. If it goes up the ramp, then hits the diverter and drops, that is normal behavior, from my experience.

#17593 3 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, the fact that that dial on the topper is useless makes me wish I could go back in time and not buy the topper.

I don't understand why they couldn't integrate the topper with the center button so when the needle spins, you can hit the button to try to stop it on the award you want. Pete's sake... you could do that on Scared Stiff thirty years ago! It can't be that difficult.

#17594 3 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

It works reliably and is much more entertaining than the dead-end, IMO. It can be a little tricky to install, but it's worth it. Gives you more time to prepare for the ball to return to the right flipper, too...

#17595 3 months ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

I don't understand why they couldn't integrate the topper with the center button so when the needle spins, you can hit the button to try to stop it on the award you want. Pete's sake... you could do that on Scared Stiff thirty years ago! It can't be that difficult.

I love the Rush topper but the game integration leaves a lot to be desired, especially for $1700.

If I wasn't a crazy Rush fan I wouldn't have bought it.

#17596 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I love the Rush topper but the game integration leaves a lot to be desired, especially for $1700.
If I wasn't a crazy Rush fan I wouldn't have bought it.

I still regret the purchase. I had been hoping software would kick in and make it somewhat interesting, but it seems it will remain an overpriced spinny decoration.

#17597 3 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I still regret the purchase. I had been hoping software would kick in and make it somewhat interesting, but it seems it will remain an overpriced spinny decoration.

It's way overpriced, and yes they got me because I'm a crazy Rush fan, but I like it a lot. There are few pinball toppers that are better, imo. BKSOR, CCR are 2 that I can think of. But I like the album art that has animated lights behind, also that they show the status of the Weapon albums you've collected. The gears are cool and the baclkighting of the gears matches the Expression Light colors. The spinner on the radio dial could be cooler, but it's fine for me. It adds a basic mode "Frenzy" too. Overpriced, but what topper isn't?

#17598 3 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

dont you have some extra coding (mystery) with the topper ?

#17599 3 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

dont you have some extra coding (mystery) with the topper ?

Yes the topper adds a basic countdown mode that increases score for switch hits called "Frenzy." It can also award "Extra Ball," as well as "Millions" a score bump, or "Advance Time Machine" which adds years to your time machine. They all include a basic screen animation and the infamous radio dial needle spins and stops on your prize... or does it? Sometimes the pointer seems out of sync, but I believe there's a calibration? I think this is what most people are bitter about. That and the general fact that Stern software sometimes isn't in sync with the game in general so you may get the Alex Lifeson "Hey, you got an Extra Ball!" Before the needle stops, which definitely takes some away from the presentation. Is that needle supposed to stop in the right place? Thoughts? Whichever of the four you win, that quadrant will light up when the needle stops.

#17600 3 months ago

The topper pointer appears that it can be adjusted by Rush feature adjustments 105 - 108 which I imagine would allow you to adjust where the pointer points for each of the four prizes. So if yours doesn't point properly, check out the related setting and report back. I think mine is pretty close. Btw, there's also an adjustment for how many extra balls the topper can give per game, and the default is 1 (it's #102).

20240127_140422 (resized).jpg20240127_140422 (resized).jpg20240127_140434 (resized).jpg20240127_140434 (resized).jpg20240127_140454 (resized).jpg20240127_140454 (resized).jpg20240127_140508 (resized).jpg20240127_140508 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 17,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/352?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.