IMG_9960 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9940 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9842 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 months ago
IMG_0206 (resized).jpegIMG_0206 (resized).jpegIMG_0205 (resized).jpegIMG_0205 (resized).jpegIMG_0207 (resized).jpegIMG_0207 (resized).jpeg
#2 6 months ago

This looks like it may stir some interest when completed. You should post it on the thread that " Panther city" started. " Jaws mod thread"..

#3 6 months ago

Nice to see you back! Holy crap, earlier tonight when I was playing my Bond, I wished I had your ramp mod that looked so cool in the prototype stage.

But several minutes ago I literally took video of your Rush all-metal ramp mod that transforms the game. I instantly recognized your work when I saw this post and thought someone was ripping you off.

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Nice to see you back! Holy crap, earlier tonight when I was playing my Bond, I wished I had your ramp mod that looked so cool in the prototype stage.
But several minutes ago I literally took video of your Rush all-metal ramp mod that transforms the game. I instantly recognized your work when I saw this post and thought someone was ripping you off.

Thanks. I am really happier on Instagram overall. But, posting mods on pinside helps with google searches. I am ok not selling mods again.. I will, but I am in a postion where I dont need to anymore. I switched to making custom playfields.(see picture). I Just finished the whitewood for back to the future. I Need to figure out what to put on left side middle area????. See picture. I will make the bond mod for you if I get the pro again. I think the shark mod will make sense when its completed and you see it. Working on the cage and tail movement.. thanks for the post.
IMG_9587 (resized).jpegIMG_9587 (resized).jpeg

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

Thanks. I am really happier on Instagram overall. But, posting mods on pinside helps with google searches. I am ok not selling mods again.. I will, but I am in a postion where I dont need to anymore. I switched to making custom playfields.(see picture). I Just finished the whitewood for back to the future. I Need to figure out what to put on left side middle area????. See picture. I will make the bond mod for you if I get the pro again. I think the shark mod will make sense when its completed and you see it. Working on the cage and tail movement.. thanks for the post.
[quoted image]

How about a set of drops, that when is down allows you to loop up around the left side? I do like the large ‘plastic’ covering it so it isn’t so obvious. sorry for the crude photo.

IMG_3874 (resized).jpegIMG_3874 (resized).jpeg
#6 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

How about a set of drops, that when is down allows you to loop up around the left side? I do like the large ‘plastic’ covering it so it isn’t so obvious. sorry for the crude photo.
[quoted image]

There are stand ups below that cover already. I have a delorean coming and will be figuring out the placement of the car and whats around it. Thanks for responce.

#7 5 months ago

Ignore the cheap plastic cap, but I wanted to test the idea of a bobbing barrel. It works! I will improve the idea and the barrel soon. Really was hoping for 3 pop bumpers on jaws just for this mod.

#8 5 months ago

I Just finished the whitewood for back to the future. I Need to figure out what to put on left side middle area????.
[quoted image]

An 88mph speed limit sign Spinner.

#9 5 months ago

Rescaled (smaller cage) and head is linked to cage assembly with a center strut. Again not done, but bench testing video shows servo motor working.

#10 5 months ago

Rescaled (smaller cage) and head is linked to cage assembly with a center strut. Again not done, but bench testing video shows servo motor working.

that is super cool! will you be able to reproduce this? If you do I want it!!

#11 5 months ago

If you can fit this to a jaws you are going to sell quite a lot,now I want a jaws and I think a pro with your mod will be fantastic.

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

that is super cool! will you be able to reproduce this? If you do I want it!!

The cage is easy and I can scale it to a different size as needed. This shark might work, if not I will look for alternative ones. I have the game ordered so its just a waiting game to see it through.

Quoted from rockrand:

If you can fit this to a jaws you are going to sell quite a lot,now I want a jaws and I think a pro with your mod will be fantastic.

Thank you. Once I get the machine it will work itself out. As mentioned above I can scale the cage size easily. The right size shark is the x factor.

I also went obscure and have the same shark (jaws2) getting shocked with scars too. And I have started on a barrel mech concept. Ignore the cheap plastic cap in video i just wanted to see it.

#13 5 months ago

The right size shark is the x factor.

Once you get the sizing and install worked out the articulating shark can be made easily with any of a dozen commercial filaments to withstand and kind of shock, vibration and wear. Shouldn’t be an issue really.

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Once you get the sizing and install worked out the articulating shark can be made easily with any of a dozen commercial filaments to withstand and kind of shock, vibration and wear. Shouldn’t be an issue really.

Once I get the game I will see where I am at. I have a 3d printer, but quick search on thingverse has nothing that looks promising. Have not gone too deep searching for alternatives. Really need the machine. I really respect Stern as a company. I am suprised that a simuliar thought did not occur on their end. The shark destroying the cage is such a big part of the movie. Looking forward to the game as my Sister and I grew up with it on vhs. Cant even guess how many times we watched it. Really shocked King Kong has not sprung up by now.

#15 5 months ago

Once I get the game I will see where I am at. I have a 3d printer, but quick search on thingverse has nothing that looks promising. Have not gone too deep searching for alternatives. Really need the machine. I really respect Stern as a company. I am suprised that a simuliar thought did not occur on their end. The shark destroying the cage is such a big part of the movie. Looking forward to the game as my Sister and I grew up with it on vhs. Cant even guess how many times we watched it. Really shocked King Kong has not sprung up by now.

Or Planet of the Apes...

#16 5 months ago

I Just finished the whitewood for back to the future. I Need to figure out what to put on left side middle area????. See picture.

Single pop.

#18 5 months ago

Got the first of a few different sized sharks today. This one is 1/3 sized down. I will really figure it out when the game gets here. The solid sharks can be cut and drilled with a spring connecting the shark in the body cavity. I might try to cut it to 3 pieces, but I have to find the proper spring. All of this work was in theory and to see if its doable. It is doable! I can make the cage any size. The shark is the variable.

Thanks to stumblor and his co host for the kind words on his youtube video of Jaws. He gave me a moment with my young son as he watched the video with me. I will get this mod sorted and done soon.

IMG_9758 (resized).jpegIMG_9758 (resized).jpegIMG_9759 (resized).jpegIMG_9759 (resized).jpegIMG_9760 (resized).jpegIMG_9760 (resized).jpeg
#19 5 months ago

I found the perfect shark. It looks just like side cabinet shark. The only hiccup is the tail is molded in a curl. I might try to shrink the cage a little more, but this should fit without issues. Its just under 7 inches nose to tail.

IMG_9807 (resized).pngIMG_9807 (resized).pngIMG_9812 (resized).jpegIMG_9812 (resized).jpegIMG_9802 (resized).jpegIMG_9802 (resized).jpegIMG_9804 (resized).jpegIMG_9804 (resized).jpegIMG_9791 (resized).jpegIMG_9791 (resized).jpeg
#20 5 months ago

Version 4. Perfect shark model, resized the cage and used dead pool bobble head mech idea for tail. Still waiting on the machine, but really like this version.

IMG_9821 (resized).jpegIMG_9821 (resized).jpegIMG_9822 (resized).jpegIMG_9822 (resized).jpegIMG_9826 (resized).jpegIMG_9826 (resized).jpeg

#21 5 months ago

Looking good!

#22 5 months ago

Another revision. A center line pivot shaft with remote solenoid. Testing video below. Another cage and this is able to be put together in pieces. Keep improving it. I will add a front strut support, I really need the machine, but this one is looking promising.

IMG_9841 (resized).jpegIMG_9841 (resized).jpegIMG_9842 (resized).jpegIMG_9842 (resized).jpegIMG_9844 (resized).jpegIMG_9844 (resized).jpegIMG_9845 (resized).jpegIMG_9845 (resized).jpeg
#23 5 months ago

Wow ! congrats you're on the right way !!!
What would activate the solenoid ? the Captive ball ?

#24 5 months ago
Quoted from mussinger:

Wow ! congrats you're on the right way !!!
What would activate the solenoid ? the Captive ball ?

Thanks. I need the machine to finalize the trigger.

Really excited and coming soon:
I have designed a drop in Reel that eliminates the horrible veritcal spinner and puts in a standard spinner.. massive improvement. This one rocks!!!

#25 5 months ago

When those eyes roll over white…….

#26 5 months ago

Changed topic title to all 3 mods.
Ignore the fishing reel in video it was concept only. Improving next version, but testing electronics and function video. Thanks Stumbler for the nudge).

Reel:

Spinner:

#27 5 months ago

The reel is coming along. I love the look of stainless steel, but might paint the next one to see the look. Motor is mounted to lower plate and have threaded pipe for spool. I think I will pick up some heavy line and wrap it.
The reel and cage will both be on its own seperate circuit and not tied to anything on the machine. The activation switches will be add ons to the playfield only. I also have a timed pcb board that when triggered spin the reel handle motor for 5 seconds.

IMG_9942 (resized).jpegIMG_9942 (resized).jpegIMG_9940 (resized).jpegIMG_9940 (resized).jpegIMG_9941 (resized).jpegIMG_9941 (resized).jpeg
#28 5 months ago

Bought stainless steel inserts to cover threads. Oofa pricey stuff. Got the triggering board in place and added a switch besides the reel.

IMG_9947 (resized).jpegIMG_9947 (resized).jpegIMG_9948 (resized).jpegIMG_9948 (resized).jpegIMG_9960 (resized).jpegIMG_9960 (resized).jpegIMG_9961 (resized).jpegIMG_9961 (resized).jpegIMG_9962 (resized).jpegIMG_9962 (resized).jpeg

#29 4 months ago

I was charged with damage to another by means of an explosive device as a teenager. (No one got injured). But I literally made a time delayed transfering explosive in my parents garage and just had to see if it worked.
It did. And boy was it noticed.. I eventually had to get a waiver to join the military because of that experiment…
I am having serious flashbacks with making this pinball 12 volt circuit…….
I am a redhead. I am Irish. My father and Uncle went to prison… Expecting a knock on the door….

IMG_9999 (resized).jpegIMG_9999 (resized).jpeg
#30 4 months ago

Working. I will shorten timer tomorrow and dial in the duty cycles. I have a switch that is in the captive ball area that does not affect anything. Its a added bash toy!

#31 4 months ago

I found the sweet spot. 5 seconds and at this frequency. I was also asked about what machine this is being made for. Currently this for the pro model only and replaces the static shark. I would be open to try another version for the other machines, but not sure where it would go on the game. Very limited to right side of playfield would be only option and I am not sure there would be enough interest to do that?

IMG_0009 (resized).jpegIMG_0009 (resized).jpeg
#32 4 months ago

Mounted controlling boards to a polycarbonate board and glued 4 magnets to stick on the back panel. Big benefit to stern using steel, no drilling required! I had to figure out a blocking plastic for just below the cage. It just clicked in my head, Hoopers mask! Waiting on next run of pros to finalize everything. Doing what I can in the meantime….

IMG_0019 (resized).jpegIMG_0019 (resized).jpegIMG_0028 (resized).jpegIMG_0028 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#33 4 months ago

3 weeks later
#34 3 months ago

1 month later
#35 44 days ago

Is this still going? Was extremely promising

#36 44 days ago
Quoted from 20SidedDies:

Is this still going? Was extremely promising

He threw in the towel on it and sold his pro with mod for $6200 I believe. I was tempted!

Probably couldn’t get it down to the right price point.

#37 44 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He threw in the towel on it and sold his pro with mod for $6200 I believe. I was tempted!

There was not enough interest in the mod on pinside or my website to make a run of them. I was very surprised by that.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hi Levi!. I also made the mistake of making a mod that did not eat the ball……..

#38 44 days ago

There was not enough interest in the mod on pinside or my website to make a run of them. I was very surprised by that.

Hi Levi!. I also made the mistake of making a mod that did not eat the ball……..

Your work shows much promise young grasshopper!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 189.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 210.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
PinSteps for Jaws Pre-order!
PinShades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.