IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lospugs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9432 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I've tried reading through as many posts as I can and not found the magic. I'm a first time owner and my distributor told me that I should clean and wax it periodically.

What I was trying to find was what best practices may exist for cleaning and waxing. There seems to be a consensus that Carnuba wax is the best, so I've been trying to figure out what is the best cleaner to maintain longevity on the art-work etc of the playing field. I've seen people mention Novus 1 and Novus 2, and others have mentioned anything as long as it's ammonia free it's fine.

I love Rush music, and am happy to have the Rush machine for my basement but with this kind of financial commitment I am nervous to mess things up. I have purchased the Ninjacamp scoops and inner orbit fixes, as well as the dice mod from Gameroom so I'm looking forward to plussing up my pro edition a bit without messing things up altogether.

#9437 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

This should be in a general thread, since it's not Rush specific. There's actually a thread somewhere that discusses this already. I took the notes and threw it on a website: https://flutterduck.com/post/pinball-wizard-1/ (scroll down to the bullet points). You really shouldn't need Novus 2 - it's abrasive and you should be able to clean with just Novus 1. You only use 2 for deep cleaning, which you probably won't need in a home environment.
Hope that helps!

Your post was super helpful, thanks.

Most importantly, in the link you mention Project Pinball which is a really cool charity organization that I've never heard of. I'm in for some raffle tickets!

#9520 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Need some advice.
Couldn’t find anything in the key posts.
I have adjusted and re-adjusted the side scoop,
But can’t seem to get it back to the way it came from factory. Where side scoop ejects would go directly to the top/upper flipper.
Now, they keep ejecting low, not even close to the flipper. I have adjusted the Power settings, doesn’t change trajectory.
I have turned it as much as possible while tightening the screws.
Am I missing something ?
*will try again tomorrow.
Perhaps a fresh look will get me better results lol

What power setting number are you set to now? I had a standoff come loose so I opened it up and tightened it, but required I upped the trajectory a bunch to get it to bounce off the flipper reliably again.

#9539 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Currently set it back to factory 175.
Tried as low as 155 and went as high 207
Didn’t seem to change it much.
Same trajectory but a bit quicker.
what is yours set at ?

I bumped mine to 190 to get rid of the inconsistencies I was seeing with the stock scoop protector etc.

I will say that I saw drastic differences between the numbers, so if you're not seeing a difference I think you have something else mechanically altering the shot out of the scoop.

#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

Great. I was hoping it was my error. I’ll move it and see how it goes. Thanks…

When I first pressed my NC mod today (without looking at the photos) I put it basically where you have it. Luckily my teen that was helping me noticed that it was too far forward.

The "starting" point of the piece is back about mid-triangle arrow light and moves progressively toward the switch.

I just installed the loop set today, as well as the scoop protectors, and I've been hitting the inner loops shot without any misses or other issues.

2 weeks later
#9926 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how are hang ups of the ball rolling back down the shooter lane super slow?

I've got the same mod installed.

I disagree with the notion that it doesn't look good, I think the purple actually looks good in the lane.

I've had it installed for probably 100 plays or so and I don't think we've seen the ball hang on it at all. I also think that it did change the plunge feel slightly, I had to re-tool my skill shot feel to get it consistent again but that only took a few games. I also have the Ninjacamp lane straightener installed a bit further up so it could just be a combination of those two working together that causes the slight slow down of the ball.

#9950 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This would be nice for my route rush, the shooter has mylar from play 0 and it is getting worn. How does it secure down?

Loosen three screws on the black side rail.

Slide it underneath.

Tighten the screws back.

Took me 3-5 minutes tops from start to playing again.

#10041 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

This game is full of surprises - nearly 500 games in and this is definitely a first!
SOMEHOW I bounced a ball from the left flipper, off of something related to the right sling, and right onto the wireform. It wedged against the glass, even!
With coin-door ball save enabled it's a non-issue, just made me laugh

I don't know what coin-door ball save is, but we've had a couple of balls on the upper loop have so much speed they wedge and get stuck under the plastic but never on the wire form and the glass.

That's crazy.

#10043 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Looking for a rush premium in Maryland/DC/Va area. Anyone?

I don't know that they have one in stock, but I bought my NIB Pro from Arcade Game Sales of Maryland on Kent Island. Working with them has been great. Maybe they can help you out.

#10044 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Hey guys,
I hate to say it, but Rush is not better than Godzilla. I was wrong.
They're both great games, and Rush is still Borg's best work which I'm happy to own, but Godzilla is the winner on a couple different aspects and for the number of shots and ball paths.
I still love Rush, but Godzilla eeks out a win here. For those Die Hard Rush fans, including myself as a loyal fan of Rush, the theme is timeless and the game is furiously satisfying, but Godzilla takes it.

I played Godzilla for the first time yesterday, it is by far the best one I tried at the shop.

I'm a Rush fan, so completely biased here, but I think the Rush experience is a much more enjoyable one. I think they both play great, and I'm comparing my Rush Pro to the GZ Premium, but I think the games are equally fun in terms of the shots. Though, if you give GZ the nod on more fun shots if that's your thing, I think it's undeniable (in my obviously biased opinion) that the rest of the experience of call outs, lights, music, sounds, etc is far superior on Rush.

I don't think you'd really feel like you went wrong either way....but I'm a near life-long Rush fan so all other things being equal I think that Rush is more enjoyable.

#10110 1 year ago

Was driving down the street the other day and saw a car with a license plate that simply said "Book One".

I liked the subtlety, no other stickers, magnets, or any other context.

#10125 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Tried increasing and decreasing the power and all shots still down the middle

What were your numbers?

Seems odd to me that both increasing and decreasing the number would result in the same shot. That's definitely not the case on mine.

#10154 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Tried 190-220 - just a difference in how fast it went down the middle. what is yours set at? # 7 main scoop.

Mine is 195 with the Ninjacamp protector.

Have you cleaned, waxed and polished the balls lately? Mine changes drastically after a cleaning versus not clean.

(Late answer due to my not being verified )

1 week later
#10347 1 year ago

Wow, lot's to catch up on here.....5.2 billion? My high score sits at 459 Million. I guess I've got work to do. Regarding the settings people roll with, I just now found the "Home" play setting adjustments. Is there a Stern cheatsheet that explains what the delta is I just applied? Google fu is failing me right now.

More important than the settings though, is I just installed the Pinwoofer Spike 2 kit and WOW. It's so much more of an immersive experience with better sound.

I can't imagine why anyone would put a shaker motor in this machine if you have a good enough sound kit. Using the settings in the Pinwoofer blog on volume 13 I found there was a perfect little vibration from the low frequency notes that keep your hands connected to the game tempo, the callouts are less harsh against the music with the better speakers. It's amazing.

I keep thinking about buying another one, Rush Pro was the first pin I've ever purchased, but I'm really having a hard time feeling like I'll have something that matches the experience with this one.

#10418 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hmm. After you say that, I guess the topper could work sorta like AIQ topper. In AIQ each time you win a gem, it lights the corresponding gem on the topper. That carries from game to game until they're all lit and it starts a special mode. This may be collect each album combo, with progress carrying over multiple games.
edit: maybe the topper mode could be an old school pinball mode like BKSOR. It makes thematic sense with all the time machine stuff.

I think that would be really fun. I've collected 6 albums right now, and am currently the Album champ in my house but nobody in my house is a particularly good player. Our leaderboard top score is 459M for the GC and 309M for #4. It would be fun to have a game mode something or other that was a carryover like that.

1 week later
#10527 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Yeah, the game has a lot going on everywhere. That’s part of the fun and challenge of it.
Thank you for the link—exactly what I was hoping for! There’s so many things he touches on that don’t appear to be documented any place else.

I don't know if I just missed it, but I have watched RayDay's video before, I still don't know what the middle arrow is. The 0/2, and 0/3 by the Rush letters are still a mystery to me what they signify.

#10551 1 year ago

Since the topic is relevant at the moment, I'm a first time owner so I don't quite understand all the details of what I read here.

My question is, I have a Pro. Does the LE/Premium model machine have a controller board that will be used for the expression lights that I don't have? Or is it possible to put in an EL kit into a Pro as well (once they are available).

Or, I guess a third option, does an EL kit come with the controller board that needs to be installed in some way?

#10607 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Have to share, for those of us in the “Under 1B Score Club”, had a great flowing game today, making a lot of combo shots, and hitting trapped ball behind the instruments repeatedly, amongst all the other craziness on the playfield.
I finally broke my 200M threshold, with a 423M score. There was so much going on, for such a long duration, started pondering “can this machine take the abuse all at once?
Again, not to flaunt any huge score, just my personal best on my machine. More than doubled previous scores. Wanted to share with those that understand the excitement
Side note: I’ve been using YYZ for initials, since roughly 1992. Fitting to have it now on this game.

Congrats, my house is in the same echelon-ish. You've got to break 300M to get onto the leaderboard, but I have plenty of games I just quit on ball 2 because I won't be making it above 15M.

#10616 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don’t have the instructions handy. Can someone confirm for me that on the v3 scoop protector if the black spacers are on top of or under the scoop’s metal bracket?
Thx

Mine were on top. From the top down on my machine it was assembled:
Plastic -> Spacer -> Scoop

If I'm understanding what you're asking.

1 week later
#10766 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

After installing the Ninja scoop protector, my main scoop is still shooting the ball straight down the middle 50% of the time. Factory power is 195, and i've tried raising and lowering with no success. Any tips? There isn't much play when re-installing the scoop...Driving me nuts! Thank you!

Mine isn't STDM every time, but it is certainly wildly variable. I have it set just on factory right now, and there isn't any real consistency with it. Sometimes comes out so powerfully that it bounces to the slingshots, sometimes it's a perfect little pass to the left flipper, and sometimes STDM.

The inconsistency started before I put in the Ninja scoop protector, it just didn't get better after it was installed. I do get variance though, if I turn it way up or way down, I can at least see an markedly different trajectory. It also seems to change a lot with the playfield condition for me. After I clean and wax the PF, as well as the balls, it comes up much more cleanly. So maybe waxing the internal metals will give it a cleaner release? Not sure what else could be done there.

#10767 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

Nope I took the stern cliffy and ear muffs off. Really like the way it shoots without the ear muffs.

Pictures?

#10776 1 year ago

I took the advice and tried the 'GNR method', I also manually bent the "ear muffs" out and opened them up slightly. All my inconsistency from the scoop was eliminated.

Thanks for the tip!

1 week later
#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Does anyone know where I can find about a 2 or 3 ft power cable extension,I have a splitter coming from my backbox power supply and need one side to be longer.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=42054

1 week later
#11127 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Speaking of upgrades, who has installed the pin woofer kit and were you happy with it?
Worth the $$?

That's been the best mod that I've installed. Super easy, had them unpacked and installed in about 30 minutes. The difference in sound is stark to say the least. If you're a fan of music, or especially the band, then yes it was very much worth the money.

1 week later
#11293 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Can anyone please share what holes the outlane posts are set in from the factory? I just picked up a used LE and want to be sure. Thank you!

I have a Pro, my outlanes were set to as narrow as possible from the factory.

1 week later
#11545 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

I increased the coil power a bit. Loosening the screws and moving the scoop didn't always give consistent results. Upping the coil power moved it away from SDTM much more effectively.

I think people called it the GNR fix. But adding the washers to one side of the scoop was the key to solving this issue permanently for me.

#11548 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

.... On Rush, it appears that the scoop is part of a much bigger part under the playfield.
Anyway appreciate all of the replies. I'll try my best to improve things how I can.

You don't have to fully remove the scoop, it's really as simple as removing the two screws and inserting the washers. The scoop under the playfield is quite large, but the fix is much simpler.

1 week later
#11720 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Man! Some of these scores you guys are achieving makes me want to go bury my head in the sand! I’m an average player, I think, and I can’t get over 500,000 on this game! Guess I don’t fully understand the rule set?

You definitely are missing something with the game rules.

Skillshots on the plunge are 500k minimum. Time Machine modes minimum scores are something like 250k a piece. Two of those and you've increased your scores by 50-100%!

#11723 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Just went back and read your replies! Yes, good thing I’m not an accountant! I missed some zeros! I cannot seem to score more than 500,000,000.

That seems more like it. That's actually where my household is. We got a Pro in October and our play count is in the thousands (more than 2k I think, with 4 people in the house) and our GC score is 570M, with the next one being something like 510M. I don't consider any of us very skilled at pinball writ large, but I wouldn't consider those low scores either.

#11727 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Also would like to mention

You will get it. Once you get higher up in the points tally, the multipliers are what is key. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a decent boost on a particular mode. The drum solo (difficult shot) function can also rack up some serious points. I remember once (maybe it was an error), but every time I hit the drum pop bumpers, i was getting around 250,000 vs the normal 10,000. Don't know how I got the drum points so high, but it was amazing.

I would also add to this, comparing your scores to anyone else's scores is relatively pointless. Pros play so much differently in certain modes that at face value to me suggests lower scores. The VUK feeding the flipper is a massive scoring advantage due to the ball control. On my Pro in one setting I had built up Spirit of the Radio with rainbow records and boosts to the point that each hit in that shot would give me about 25 million each. I hit it once, and on the down shot out of the dead end just ended up going STDM. I can hit that shot very_ reliably, so on a premium or LE I would have conceivably gotten 125 million in short order completing the mode and moving on to the next. Instead it plunged.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda and all that I get. I'm only using this example to note there is a massive difference in gameplay between the machine types, and then individually scoring can also change due to settings etc.

I take all the comparisons of other people's scores with a grain of salt, and just compare myself against previous versions of me. I am getting better and scoring larger games much more frequently. A billion seems like an impossibility to me as well as it seemed like the universe had to align to get to 590 million, but even in my 590M game I had Headlong Flight and Freewill ready to activate and I actually drained trying to hit the target for Freewill (another major playing difference between the machines).

People thought the 4:00 mile was humanly impossible, right up until Bannister ran it and then all of the sudden multiple people were able to hit the mark. Stick with it, eventually you'll get there is my general feeling.

1 week later
#11861 1 year ago

I tried the Ninjacamp mod kits. The soft plunge corrector has been great, the loop assist piece i had wouldn't stay in place so I had to periodically open the glass and put it back. When it was in place it corrected the missed shots with 100% accuracy. When it wasn't in place, sometimes the ball would get stuck in the lane.

So, I then installed the clear plastic from Gameroom Mods, it also corrects the missed shots with 100% accuracy. It doesn't move, so it's been great.

#11958 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Just remember, it's the distributor that takes a hit when you dispute a CC purchase, not Stern. Although they may not lose money on your game, they will be out anything you spent on shipping and a whole lotta time and effort to recover money from Stern or reselling the machine later.
Sure you can do it, but you'll never get a game from that distro again, and it will have very little impact on Stern.

Talk to your distributor honestly about it, the margins they make on selling a NIB machine from Stern are tiny. Disputing a credit card charge will take the entirety of the purchase from the distributor, and then leave it up to the distributor to claw for the non-margin money back with Stern. It's a_ way to fight it, but probably not as effective or impactful as it seems.

I think you should try and take the case to Judge Judy. They upped their damages payouts to 10k, so that will cover the base price of a premium.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12054 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You lost your nuts. J/k
Which orbit fix is this? (Who made/sold it?)

Game room mods.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic

#12141 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Finally joined the club!! Arrived late yesterday and she is a beauty!! Installed the scoop and subway fix right away. Updated code, which took forever!! We stayed up till midnight before it was done!! A couple of questions.
1. The lockdown bar action button is not working. It’s lit up and blinking but does nothing when pressed. Sensor is lit and everything looks normal.
2. My manual plunge is shit. You have to pull back all of the way…hard just to get out of the shooter lane. It barely makes it. Auto plunge is fine. It will send it all the way around
3. Any suggestions on the audio settings? Especially the music? I looked briefly and and didn’t what some of those settings meant? What’s the best equalizer settings ?
4. Any other special settings I need to consider?
TIA
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Answers
1 - I first thought I was supposed to see mechically that it would move when I hit the button. That is not the case. What happens is the red LEDs on the playfield indicate to which side the diverter will send the ball. The action button manually changes which of those LED side lights are lit up, and it will subsequently send the ball that direction. (Assuming I've understood your question).

3 - There are DIY solutions that work well enough. If you want an easy-to-install in 30 minutes canned solution to make the game sound amazing, buy the Pinwoofer kit.

4 - The only real settings I've tweaked to make the game a bit more fun is I extended the scoop eject 1 second from the default.

I would also suggest taking a minute to see Reyday's tutorial series for Rush. https://www.youtube.com/@raydaypinball/videos

He's got a nice 5 minute intro, to multiple videos explaining each multiball mode etc. Super helpful.

1 week later
#12303 1 year ago

How are these button protectors installed? Do they just get screwed into the side panel directly, do they fit under the rail or something? Having a hard time seeing the installation.

#12304 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'm in the club! Traded my Star Wars for a Rush Pro. Two quick questions:
What are the default outlane positions? Mine has them both all the way down, is that normal?
What's the consensus best way to fix the upper loop switch not registering? Mine has that problem, fast shots almost never register. I see a number of possibilities in the key posts index - is there a group favorite?

There's no such thing as consensus on the upper loop switch.

I have tried both the NC full kit (3 piece bundle) and the gameroom mods plastic protector.

With regard to shot registration, they have been equal. When they are both in the proper place, my shots are registering 100% of the time. I personally don't even see the clear plastic from GM when it's installed, so I actually don't notice it's there.

With NC, I had what appears to be a slightly unique problem in that my piece on the curve of the loop wouldn't stay in place. I'd have to slide the glass down and adjust it back to the location about every 50-100 games or so. It's printed with little clip feet on it that are supposed to prevent that from happening but no matter how I put it on, and how secure it felt when I had it in place, it would start walking around the loop corner toward the switch. As far as I remember, I'm the only one in this thread that has had that experience. Like I said though, when it was in place, it fixed the shot registration problem 100%.

I also can't vote strongly enough for the NC plunge lane piece. That made the skill shot much more reasonable and predictable.

#12312 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

.... I think I also want the NC scoop protector as well -....

Oh, yeah I forgot to mention I also have NC's scoop protector. I also had a later production run Pro that had the scoop stuff in from Stern, but I think on the Pro playfield the Presto purple scoop fix just looks so much better than the metal it's worth the swap.

When I put in my NC scoop protector, I stupidly left the little ear muffs around the sides and just recently took them off. Looks even better than before. Very happy with that mod.

#12321 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Hi, is there a known problem/ fix for the ball going airborne around the right loop and not registering a switch hit?
Thanks!

It happens to me infrequently, so I've never looked for a fix. I'm guessing the Ninjacamp straight pieces would probably be applicable to the right side as well but haven't studied that to be true yet.

4 months later
#15179 10 months ago
Quoted from Kraab:

I love my Rush pinball but I don’t love when the Time Machine shoots the ball directly into the drain with no way to save it. Any advice on if that is preventable somehow?

There is a time machine ball save timer that you can increase to at least not just drain when it spits it out.

I've not messed around with the eject speed to see if it changes the trajectory.

#15204 10 months ago

There are a few different fixes for the shooter lane fixes. Take a look at Ninjacamp's 3d printed rush shooter lane fixes. Gameroom mods has a plastic piece that goes over the top of the switch that helps.

I think there are even some homebrew solutions if you have access to a 3d printer.

#15265 10 months ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

New game start. Targets down.

What are the shots that would pop them up? Right now they are down and nothing I hit on the PF pops them up. The game appears to think they ARE up.

During the normal course of play, all the shots light up with a white arrow to get the targets to reset. It's essentially every ramp and every loop will pop them back up.

#15316 9 months ago

I'm definitely that way with Far Cry, I want that intro to kick it off. Duh Duh Duh!

I almost exclusively play to 2112 and La Villa, I'll sprinkle in Freewill as the backing track as well.

#15339 9 months ago

I'm with you on the "I'll never get to the song modes without significantly altering the game rules".

I just changed over to the Home Install settings, and set a new GC score at 690M. I finished two modes, and played all the multiballs except Red Barchetta and Fly By Night.

I can't imagine surviving long enough to hit the time machine enough times to get the other MBs, especially if I'm trying to hit shots to finish the song modes.

#15342 9 months ago

I wish there was an easily-digestible way to see what each of the pre-defined settings are, but the only significant changes that I've noticed are:
1 - Multiballs are set to 3 instead of 2. I actually find this doesn't help me get further in the game because keeping that third and fourth ball alive really messes up my ability to focus on shots.

2 - Far Cry is easier to trigger. It's target, target, ramp, upper scoop, target, target. You don't have to hit the ramp a second time to activate the far cry ball itself. Given that I actually have only ever gotten One Little Victory multiball two times ever, once on default settings and once on home install, I'm not sure if that's easier or not.

If I get 1LV another time soon, then I'll say it make it easier.

#15344 9 months ago

So close to the 1B club....

900_mil (resized).jpg900_mil (resized).jpg
#15349 9 months ago

LOL, loved that show. Where's my f'ing comma!?!?!?!? One of the great lines written in a show.

#15375 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Roger that! yeah it will take me some time I'm sure. Does NC send instructions on how to go about doing this? Or should I start searching you tube ?

This is the first machine I've ever owned, I had mine in and done in 30-45 minutes. If you have a drill with 1/4" (I think) nut drivers it goes quite quickly. Swapping it out is pretty straightforward, and they do give step by step instructions with images.

The only thing I would say is that it wasn't clear to me that you could take off the little rectangular ear muffs. Take them off, the scoop looks better, and the game plays better without the random STDM rebound off the scoop ear muff.

I have a pro, and I ordered purple from Ninjacamp. I think purple blends into the playfield art beautifully, but get what you think you'll like.

#15506 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Well I heard Geddy yell, NOOOOOOOO!! when I drained on the right side last night . It was great and unexpected.

I'm usually saying the same thing since the game seems to play that one when you've been on a solid roll, so it feels like we're harmonizing.

1 week later
#15642 9 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

All you billion+ players can skip this post: I'm embarrassingly proud of my 541 million high score today while lamely playing through the rule set. Had nearly 400million on the 1st ball but couldn't get close to that allusive billion point club... yeah, someday.

Congrats man, I am also not a member of the 1B club. I did get 950M or so recently. My top 5 scores are all 650M+.

I would highly recommend running on the default home install settings. My average score has been MUCH higher than when on factory default settings on my Pro. Keep pushing, you'll get there eventually.....at least that's what I hope because I keep telling myself the same thing.

2 weeks later
#15970 8 months ago

I'm a Pro owner, and on vacation the other day I found a Premium in an arcade and played it for the first time.

My impressions:
My Pro has the Precision Flip System mod, it's crazy how much of a difference those flippers make.
The Premium is a much easier game to score points and control the ball. Crazy how much the dead end shot changes things for the way I play the game.
The side scoop eject changes the dynamics of the game drastically for what I'm used to.

Secondarily, about 2 months ago I switched over to run the home install setting defaults. It's crazy to me how different the game plays from the defaults, even though there aren't all that many changes from home install that I've noticed except Multiballs.

#16023 8 months ago

I just put in my order for EL to my distributor. He's actually got two in stock as we speak (about to be 1). He told me that he generally holds on to them for customers, but in this case he may be ready to ship to someone. I'll keep the board posted. He also has toppers in stock that he seemed eager to sell as well. DM if you're interested and I will see what he says.

I also just put in an order for a second pin, Rush was my first, so they'll be bringing me a Foo Fighters premium and the EL kit for my Rush Pro. It's the summer of George at my house!

#16043 8 months ago

Got my expression lights in my pro today. Shocking that the installation instructions don't mention anything about the dip switches.....but after having things broken and going through the wiring diagram in the end they show the dip switch requirement and voila!

It's crazy how those things make the game modes so much more immersive. 2112 with the EL going is beautiful to play.

My distributor does have a few toppers if anyone here has been waiting for one to ship. DM me and I'll pass the word.

#16083 8 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I had one large round ferrite core left over.

Same for me. Can't remember the item number, but of all of them they sent, I had one cylindrical gray one as extra.

#16103 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

To all the people who got their EL's did they come with the art blades or did you all have to order those separately? Please tell me they come with.

Mine came with blades.

#16121 8 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The EL Node boards are shipping with all the dip switches off which functions as a Node 8.
And it needs to function as a node 02 according to the sheet for optional expression lights.
You have to set the dip switches to tell the game this or you get a collision error alert because two Node 8 boards exist.
See CRASHJT post here:....

Also worth noting that the instructions DO NOT mention setting dip switches anywhere. But if you look at the wiring diagram on the last page, there is a little arrow pointing at the dip switches that mention the order is OFF-ON-OFF-OFF or 0 - 1 - 0 - 0 (or 2 in binary). That order starts at the bottom of the board (where the RJ45/Ethernet plugs are) as mounted on the side of the cabinet.

Edit to add: If you use this video as a reference, just click the link to start at 2:23 and pause the video. There is a node board with the dip switches correctly set for a visual reference.

#16124 8 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You're kind of correct if you are reading the dip switch bank upside down.....

I'm not kind of right, I am right! I caveated the LSB was on the bottom of the machine......

Funny though that I remember it backward, meaning the on-offs were switched in my brain. I'm at work, no access to the machine so caveat applies to everything I say, just in case I ever run for office nobody can hold me to what I said.

#16179 8 months ago

If you are capable of lifting the weight on your own, taking the playfield out for me was a matter of 3 minutes of time, and one cut zip tie which I replaced. I wouldn't be so intimidated by it.

I would imagine that the ease to put in the EL kit without the playfield in, probably trumps in my mind by a factor of 3 the ability to get the art blades lined up and installed perfectly.

My art blade advice to folks is to start on the small end and work backward. Don't take all the vinyl backing off before you start, just work one section at a time. It went on perfectly, and the side that I started on the small end is picture perfect. The side I started on the big end has about a 1/16th of an inch gap between the art blade and the metal EL insert on the plunger side. It's not really noticeable if you don't know it's there and aren't looking for it, but starting on the small end eliminated it completely.

#16188 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Dumb question and the answer is obvious but the wires a long enough?! Did you have to move anything around underneath to do this?

This depends on how they wrapped the data cable going to to the node board. The only reason I had to snip one zip tie is because the data cable was wrapped around the other wires like a snake, it's the only thing left attached to the cabinet still once you disconnect the other two plastic connectors. I couldn't have done with how mine was assembled.

#16216 8 months ago

I just looked at mine. My previous advice for the art blades was start on the small end and work toward the large, and on the side where I did that the artwork and the blades line up perfectly. Each little wrapped cable matches perfectly. On the other side, it obviously does not, it misses by the 1/16" I'm off.

So, emphasizing that in the above post would make it nearly perfect as far as I can tell.

#16220 8 months ago

There is someone working on a version that has a similar wireform as the rest of the game, as well but I don't know if they are selling them yet. Last I saw it required some other mod to be purchased as well or something.

#16224 8 months ago

I'm really tempted as I played a Premium at an arcade while I was on vacation. That VUK of the Premium really does change the flow of the game in a positive way. I actually don't think the Dead End shot on the Pro is worth the risk quite often, because for me it does not come down to the right flipper in a super controlled way so it can often be disruptive.

Spirit of the Radio and La Villa were much more intuitive to make progress when the ball drops right back on the flipper.

#16282 8 months ago

After chasing the dragon for so many game plays, I finally hit the 1B club.

Home install defaults for settings.
Changed any credit reward to add-a-ball.
(Seems important when talking about scores to delineate what settings were used).

1000003260 (resized).jpeg1000003260 (resized).jpeg
#16283 8 months ago

Drained trying to finish La Villa, with the last multiball (Subdivisions) ready to go in the time machine. Should have forgotten about La Villa and gone for the MB to at least get one of the wizard modes right?

#16285 8 months ago

Well yes, I actually drained hitting the post of the time machine and had it bounce straight down the outlane at a pace faster than I was able to nudge or recover. I was trying to do just that .... but failed miserably.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#16343 7 months ago

I've now got Foo Fighters and Rush side by side. Foo Fighters has tremendous potential I think, but man the Rush experience is so immersive and deep relative to Foo.

I also struggled to get to 1B in Rush, but since buying Foo I have hit it three times, twice today. Maybe it's making me a better player. I can't really imagine ever getting rid of this Rush machine, Foo I could see swapping out for something down the road if the code doesn't get much deeper.

#16372 7 months ago
Quoted from leeoneil:

Another screw flying on the playfield !
And 2 washers !
Again between the bumpers !
This time impossible to locate where it must be.
It looks like the screw we have under the playfield.
I noticed some of them are holding the metal guide, but every one i'm seeing is ok with no missing screw....
I started to unmount lots of things, need to unplug some lights... (the big parts under my "circle ") but everything is ok there....
So, a screw and 2 washers are still missing...

Check the plastics and metal stand-offs above the scoop and the pop bumpers. I periodically have those screws rattle loose and end up on the field like you're saying here.

#16398 7 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Yeah, that has slid way too far up on the metal guide. Possible you may need a piece of double sided tape (I've used Gorilla brand) on the tab that goes on the back side of the guide.

Mine did that as well when I had it installed. I ordered the Gameroom mods plastic piece as well. Installed that, and haven't had a shot not register since it was in so I've never gone back to the NC piece. The NC piece worked great when it was in the correct position though.

#16402 7 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What is the exact company and name for this mod?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic

The Ninjacamp one worked equally well for me in terms of shot accuracy, it just didn't stay in place and I never thought to put double-sided tape to keep it there. I bought both mods at the same time and tried them both, this was the second one I tried and it's been good enough to not swap.

1 week later
#16473 7 months ago

Why not? Truly curious. I have Halographic bats in mine, and I think they are great. The micro-adjustments you can make on direction seems to be slightly helpful if there's a particular shot you struggle hitting you can try to hone it with small adjustments. They also seem to be a lot more efficient, as I had to turn down the power on the flipper coils to slightly slow the ball down. I don't imagine a lower flipper power is bad for the longevity of the mechanism.

I got them because I thought they looked cool, I'm a first time owner (Rush was my first pin) so I tried it on an experiment.

I bought a second set for my NIB Foo Fighters, wherein the micro-adjustment to the left flipper makes the game MUCH more enjoyable because the right ramp shot is comparatively difficult on that machine.

#16476 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've had them in a few games and just not worth the hassle of cutting springs or installing shorter springs and then dialing in the coil strength. I have two Rush pros right now, side by side and the normal flippers play better even with the Precision flippers "dialed in".
They sucked on Led Zeppelin. Made the flippers bounce and flutter even after tweaking or replacing springs.

Either I did it wrong, or maybe we're not talking about quite the same thing (sorry, again, new to the hobby). All I did to install the precision flippers:
1 - Take out a plastic bushing, insert a metal busing in it's place.
2 - Re-attach the spring as it was (had to disconnect it to replace the bushing)
3 - Take the rubber from the stock bat and put it on the new bat
4 - Put the flipper bat on the assembly
5 - (adjust if desired)

What you're talking about does seem like a lot more of a hassle, and I don't think I would have wanted to do it either. My experience was slightly different, or I just did it incorrectly and am not a good enough player/pinball tech to know the difference

#16508 6 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

....and got on a list for the next batch of EL and the topper....

Last I knew my distributor still had a topper or two in stock, https://www.agsarcadegamesales.com/ .

His website says EL are in stock, but I'm not sure if that's up to date since I thought he told me that he had two left in stock when I got mine and had two buyers.

Reach out, he's great.

#16510 6 months ago

I've only gone over 1B a few times now (on home install settings). For me the common denominator has been, can I finish Tom Sawyer on ball 1 without (purposefully or accidentally) stacking a MB. The times where I have done that, I get very high scores, when I don't, not so much.

It doesn't seem sane to think that I should be seeking out TS as my first mode, but it really positively correlates to my highest scores.

#16513 6 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Well, the song modes are all of similar difficulty, they all take 10-20 shots. Tom Sawyer is 12 and on the lower end of that. And in fact it's the lowest of all if you get and use The Weapon for the third phase.
Are you running 1.10 or later code? In earlier versions, completing any song mode made scores go crazy, since you'd end up with 3 rainbow records that all score 4x. That was balanced in 1.10 to one 2x rainbow per song completed.

I don't agree that they are all of similar difficulty, given the specificity required for TS and LVS, I would put them at much harder on average. The fact that you can't throw a multi-ball in and just make progress by default while you're flipping to keep balls alive is a pretty good measuring stick that it's more difficult, for the average to below average player (where I would rate myself).

I think I'm on the latest code, I guess I need to verify. I don't do IC, so I do have to manually update them.

#16522 6 months ago

Yeah, gameplay would be interesting just in figuring out what scoring hacks people move toward to try and get big points versus what is the thing you can do to make the most progress in the game.

I've never made it to any Cygnus modes, the best game I ever played I finished 5 of the 6 song modes (drained trying to finish LVS). My general move is to try to stack MB with Working Man or Limelight. I can reliably finish Big Money and Spirit of the Radio with a single ball. TS and LVS are crapshoots whether I finish them, though in full disclosure, if I get through the 2 LRs and the Dead End, it's nearly a guarantee that I'll finish.

1 week later
#16617 6 months ago

Hey all, the Internet is failing me. I can't figure out how to buy replacement rubber for the slingshots. I went down to play this afternoon after my kid and a bunch of his friends were playing and saw the slingshot rubber just sitting on the playfield. My search on pinball life seems to be too generic, and I can't find anything on the "Rush Specific" parts list.

#16620 6 months ago

Thank you. Found them on titan pinball, harder to find on pinball life.

Manual says 2", so I bought 2 2" and 2 2.25", just to see if the game feels differently with a larger size.

#16623 6 months ago

Nah, better to leave it for posterity. Same way I leave in my grammar mistake by saying "feels differently" rather than "shoots differently". Our AI overlords need to know we're human.

1 week later
#16756 6 months ago

I noticed at least four new call outs, I won't spoil them but they are fun.

#16790 6 months ago

I'd be in for a good wall hanger right next to the pin. Mine is tucked in a nice corner, would look great.

#16804 6 months ago

Post a picture of your setup.

My first guess is you haven't got the dip switches set on the EL node board, I did that as well and had the same symptoms.

#16806 6 months ago

Look at time 2:26, and pause the video. Your dip switches need to be in that same position.

#16813 6 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone with a Pro update their code and now have what sound like Premium callouts? I'm getting a lot of references to the time machine ramp/bridge being up which I don't remember before.

Yes, there's one that specifically says "The portal ramp is down" that seems out of place for the pro.

#16815 6 months ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I hope it's that simple. I didn't see any dip settings in the distruction guide. (Frantically looking for the papers now haha.)

Yeah, look at the last page with the wiring diagram. There's no mention of it in the installation instructions (at least not the set that I got) but the wiring diagram page shows the order of how the switches should be set.

I'm confident it will fix your problem.

1 week later
#17007 5 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

.... On a related note, keep trying to fix the alignment of the scoop for the SDTM problem. For me, it's occasionally loosening the mounting screws and rotating it a hair to get the scoop more inline with the coil under the playfield.

I can't remember exactly what the other pin was, but there was a named fix that I finally used to get mine to nearly 100% compliance. In fact, if I start to shoot STDM, it's an indicator I need to clean the playfield and balls.

I think it was maybe "jaws fix" or "jurassic park fix" or something like that. In essence though, it's adding a single washer under a specific side of the scoop to tilt it a little to the right (as you look down from the top of the playfield).

Maybe someone here with a better memory, and or search skills can find it specifically. The link I was provided had the fix and photos to show how to do it, etc. It's been great.

#17009 5 months ago

Oh, perfect.

With that context, my mediocre search skills can find it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/231#post-7320620

Edit to add:
LOL, a few posts down from that is a post from me saying that it's called the GNR fix. Just putting that here for posterity, maybe I'll remember it this time.

1 week later
#17101 5 months ago

Call Stern support.....that could be the board going out.

#17110 5 months ago

I'm within a solid drive of this Friday's show....just couldn't make it work. Would be great though I think.

1 month later
#17545 3 months ago

For me I had to do the GNR fix (add a washer). Then, as long as my playfield is clean and balls are polished, I'm nearly 100% to the right flipper.

1 week later
#17560 3 months ago

You could try with the glass off and just test it.

Maybe the code allows you to register 1,2,3s but you can't collect them until after the MB mode?

1 week later
#17615 79 days ago

We use polycord in robots all the time. Looks a like it https://superiorbands.com/material-handling/polycord/

Even if it were just playfield rubbers though, it only needs a small amount of torque to spin the mech, so playfield rubbers would likely work just fine.

3 weeks later
#17692 58 days ago

I finally made it to Book 1.

Drained trying to start my last mode (Tom Sawyer). Super fun, 890M book 1. More than doubled my previous GC score, now on to start book 2.

book1 (resized).jpgbook1 (resized).jpg
#17694 56 days ago

Thanks. Frankly, the best part about it is now (I think) I get to play Book1 as one of my song selections. Such a fun riff to get the game moving.

I honestly haven't turned it back on since then, pretty busy time of year for me, but I've been close to Book 1 and 2 about 10 times (either 1 MB, or 1 mode left to complete) but hadn't ever closed the deal before. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get back at it.

#17700 55 days ago

Well, got back at it...and got through Book 2! Drained trying to collect 1-2-3s to get from 2108 to 2112

But by far my best game. Oddly started with two terrible drains, about 50 million to start ball 3.

book2 (resized).jpgbook2 (resized).jpg
#17702 54 days ago

Thanks. I don't know how many plays I have, but I've had the machine for well over a year and I play it what I consider frequently (multiple times a week for 30-60 minutes). This has been a climb to the top of the mountain, and I'm almost there.

Random question for the group, I was thinking/hoping that once you clear Book 1 and Book 2 that the songs would become selectable in the play menu as starting options. Is this fake news? I'm not sure where I got that from, maybe it was just my wishes. That bass riff to start Book 1 is so good....I want to use it.

#17710 52 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If you are using IC, your account when logged in will let you start with Cygnus 1 or 2 songs if you have gotten to them in game (not through selecting them as a mode to start)

I've never registered or logged into IC.....now I'll have to wait another year before I finally get there again.

4 weeks later
#17837 22 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rules question: La Villa Stragianto; where is the verse 7/12 shot? Nothing is lit, purple light vanishes. Thanks in advance.

The upper loop is that one I think.

#17843 21 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

... The upper loop will also spot shots 8-11 if each is shot quickly in succession after 7.
The tough shot to notice for Strangiato is 9, which is the time machine, since that doesn't have an arrow on the playfield.

Does this mean that you can skip the time machine if you just loop them fast on the upper loop? That's good to know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lospugs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=lospugs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.