IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theguyoverthere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6401 1 year ago

For those that want to dive into the rules deeper, in addition to the pdf that gets updated throughout releases, there is also this page that is always evolving as the community adds their own info to it: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409

I particularly like the FAQ section!

#6443 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Holy hell is my game playing fast and brutal.
I may need to lower the sling power again. flipper power already lowered. Put some Titan 2” clear slings in. Maybe I should move to the 2 1/4.
Really tough to get control…but when you can get it going with combo flow it is ridiculous. But the game is playing so hard now.
On 9.3 code; Anyone change any settings for a little more forgiveness?
Some good code though;
Had a ball down the right lane during the beginning ball save…it was moving so fast it somehow bounced back up between the flippers. And the ball save ejected a second ball. Playing a gratis 2 ball. Ball drains…game doesn’t go into end of ball…I am back to single ball to play it out.
There are some times where you do get a trough eject down the middle and the ball save is on but still ends the ball.

There is a “Install Home” option in the utility menu that sets a lot of the game features to be more liberal, you could start with that and then as you are playing if you want to start making it harder you can go through the Rush adjustments and start setting things that aren’t “(factory)” to “(factory)”. For instance there are settings to make multiballs start as 3 ball instead of 2 ball, and settings for the BALL SAVEs on the outlanes to be able to be lit during multiballs allowing for more outlane ball saves.

3 weeks later
#7182 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Is the time machine suppossed to drop the ball straight down to the flippers once in a while? Or is it always suppossed to get thrown behind? Mine gets dropped sdtm sometimes because i take a break for one sec expecting it to get thrown around to
Orbit.
Is there a setting i need to adjust?

On the Pro, whenever the time machine would be down on the premium/LE, the magnet will throw the ball back at you to mimic the bash.
On both models, there is logic for when the ball should go through vs come back at you, based on whether or not side flipper shots are available, or if you just started a mode, or collected a combo jackpot, etc.

The most common case for a premium returning the ball to the flippers is when the ramp is raised from an instrument bonus (lit from completing drop targets), but nothing else is lit there.

In multiball, the time machine magnet should either be off and allow the ball to pass through, or, if there is an award at the time machine it should pull it through.

There is a magnet device test that can test both cases and allow you to adjust some of the timings in diagnostics if necessary

1 month later
#8740 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Just noticed some odd behavior after .98 code update. The spinner arrow occasionally lights purple when it shouldn't be lit at all. Tonight it lit during Tom Sawyer in the first stage while the left orbit was lit. No odd behavior when I test individual LED's. Not sure what to make of it. Only thing I can think to do is download the code again.

Sorry about that not being in the readme, but that is intentional and means that your guitar is active, and all shots to spinner and spinner lane are +1X. Crank that guitar!

1 week later
#8887 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Having an odd problem ever since I did the side scoop switch replacement on my premium. The optos and the switch will both register in switch test, but any ball shot into the side scoop will never credit me for the skill shot, extra ball, or whatever else the side scoop is supposed to award. I have removed the whole mech and tested both the switch and optos thoroughly and they always register 100% with a ball or my finger... but when I put the mech back in, during gameplay, any ball going into the side scoop just gets ejected out the main scoop immediately (even when it's supposed to lock it). Obviously this behavior is cutting into the enjoyment of the game...

Is your up post getting stuck down? That would explain the ball IMMEDIATELY going into the main scoop. Otherwise if the side scoop opto or micro switch were the problem I’d expect it to sit there and ball search.

It won’t register it as a side scoop shot unless it can sit in the multiball device for a while, similar to the dead end VUK or any other scoop / locking device.

2 weeks later
#9309 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I noticed that I never get the Far Cry multiball. Played nearly a hundred games and still have not seen it. Maybe I just suck? I can get the first ball in the scoop and the screen says Far Cry ball one locked. When I hit more balls into either scoop nothing happens. The rule sheet says that putting a ball into either scoop after the first ball is locked will start the multiball. What am I missing?

Each lock on default settings require both green targets plus the right ramp:

Targets, ramp, lock
Targets, ramp, multiball

Feel free to change the settings to your liking, there are all sorts of possible adjustments. Performing the “Install Home” from the utilities menu can be done for friendlier options suitable for a home environment vs. an operator one, and will set some adjustments like removing the ramp requirement for the first far cry, and make far cry and time machine multiballs start with 3 balls instead of two, among other things

#9317 1 year ago

https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulMoralLarkKippa-nhgCXF1MQdSK5qWd

Weapon for La villa is qualified by right ramp to right orbit 1-2 combo before starting the mode. Good luck!

2 weeks later
#9569 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Cool. 2112 mode is finally here! Not that I'm going to be seeing that any time soon. But still, it's something to look forward to.
As far as the other changes go...

Scoring changes: looks like they've adjusted things to make it a little easier to reach certain modes, as well as to get slightly higher scores. I wonder if this will help less-skilled players like me get to 2112? Maybe that's even the intent.
The one thing that does bug me is "Changed the blue planet rules so the side loop and side ramp are their own
separate shots" for the Cygnus X-1: The Voyage mode. Most owners have not installed any of the work-arounds for the faulty design of the inner loop. Personally, I've only tried the felt option so far, and I've been underwhelmed by its effect. Yeah, it slows the ball a little sometimes. But I still get lots of misses on the switch, and now a slow ball sometimes gets stuck up there. Making the side (inner) loop its own shot is making that mode significantly harder, because it could take many many successful attempts at the shot before the machine actually registers it.
It's my opinion Stern should not be making this change, until they have come up with and delivered an official fix for their defect.

So, who's going to install the new code first? Me, I'm going to wait and see whether anyone finds any new bugs that got introduced this time around.

It makes it easier to complete the blue planet actually, before hitting either the side loop or side ramp turned both of them RED.

In other exciting news, the Rush rulesheet has been updated to 1.0 as well! Including the combo album table and other things that match the current game behavior https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

#9572 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

That's awesome about the rule sheet. Thanks for pointing that out!
As for the rule change, I personally find it a lot easier to not hit a shot than to make one.
Previously, I could complete The Voyage by making just the side ramp (along with the other shots). Now I have to make both the side ramp and the inner loop, a shot that rarely registers on my machine.
Having the inner loop turn red didn't matter, because it was unlikely the machine would notice a ball going through that lane anyway (Murphy's Law notwithstanding). And even if it did, once I've made those shots, assuming they weren't the last ones for the blue planet, I could focus on the other shots, and not risk shooting the side ramp or inner loop at all.
So, no...I don't agree that this change makes it easier to complete the blue planet. It definitely makes it harder. The reduction in red shots doesn't come close to balancing out the difficulty in getting the inner loop to be registered now that it's required for completing the mode.

In order to escape the blue planet you need 100% progress, hitting any blue shot gives you more progress, hitting a scoop will turn all shots blue again. No need to hit every shot, and having them separate actually gives you MORE opportunity (one more blue shot to hit)

#9633 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Holy friggin crap you guys! Just landed my highest game to date -- including reaching BOTH The Voyage and Hemispheres! In fact, this was my first time ever reaching Hemispheres, woot! (Thankfully I'd had a little practice at it via the standalone modes so I beat it too.)
It seemed the next goal would be 2112 but I was still fairly far off, only around 2072ish. I continued on, getting song modes and multiballs when I could but it rapidly became clear that I don't actually know what SPECIFICALLY sets up the Time Machine to advance the Time Travel year. Someone will need to explain this or I'll dig out the rulebook. I was at 2089 when my last ball drained.
So here's my new high. Interestingly, my previous high was only 200M lower than this, and I didn't get NEARLY this deep into the game. I must've been crushing the multiballs or something that time.
[quoted image]

Killer! Yeah, you’ll wanna take a peek here on page 14: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

In short: completing modes, doing well in the multiballs, finishing bastille day, racking up 1-2-3 combos all will advance years.

Instant info has a page showing all your years and which ones are still available (it’ll say like Big Money 5/10 which means you can get 5 more years out of big money)

#9634 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

anyone have a simple explanation of what builds the combo jackpot values? I see some values jump to 15-20m real quick and I need to know how

Each time you hit a 1,2, or 3, it scores points and adds those points to the jackpot. If there is a rainbow record on the 1,2,3 shot, then the multiplier will apply so you can quickly rack up some points. Example:

Base award 250k, so hitting the 1 builds 250k, then hitting a 2 will be 500k, the 3 is 750k, for a total of 250k + 500k + 750k = 1.5 mil.

Where it gets interesting is if you hit the shots in a combo (it will be flashing quickly) it will be double, and also if your bass is active it will be double again. Throw that on top of a rainbow record and you can see the example change drastically:

Base value 250k, 3x rainbow on spinner and side loop, with bass active, made in a combo:

Right ramp: 250k
Spinner: 500k x 3 x 2 x 2 = 6 mil
Side loop: 750k x 3 x 2 x 2 = 9 mil

Jackpot: 15,250,000.

And there’s nothing stopping you from hitting that same combo again and keep growing it. Hitting a different combo will of course add a multiplier to the whole jackpot….

#9767 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I never knew this (nor that there was a pattern for albums - I thought it was random!), so thanks!

Yup, they got added in the rulesheet recently as it got updated when 1.0 came out: https://insider.sternpinball.com/documents/16/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

Is there a way to make this the new key post for rulesheet, or edit the current one? It appears to be quite old.

1 week later
#9907 1 year ago

Yup, in the latest rulesheet now, sorry for the confusion

B6309BD0-9946-40C6-86C3-06B32745AFE5 (resized).jpegB6309BD0-9946-40C6-86C3-06B32745AFE5 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10323 1 year ago

Rush seminar was recorded and already uploaded to YouTube!

2 weeks later
#10573 1 year ago

Wow, what are the odds? My tutorial covering this very topic finally finished processing!

#10629 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Wow, what are the odds? My tutorial covering this very topic finally finished processing!

Second video in the series has now fully finished processing (great for watching on a 4k TV!)

2 weeks later
#10840 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Not sure I like that you lose perks at the time machine for losing your ball. Hopefully I can turn off that setting.
I can see losing things like combos because those are easier to get, but perks?

Sorry that was worded weird. The permanent multiball perks are still permanent. The other things like extended timers, easier rush targets go away at the end of ball, and have always gone away.

The change is now you get all of those back any time you upgrade, so when you upgrade on a new ball you’ll get extended timers, easier Rush targets, etc if you had made it that far in the last upgrade.

4 weeks later
#11493 1 year ago

Cygnus Book 1 can’t be started while a planet mode is running, so you’ll have to beat the mode (or drain) to see it once you have it qualified

1 week later
#11775 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright folks, I'm one day and twenty games into my Rush Pro. First off, I think the music of Rush is fine, but I've never been "into them". John Borg is my favorite current designer (goodbye Pat, happy retirement, come back soon!). And, I've played hundreds of pins and owned about a dozen or so. This one is somehow different, but I can't put my finger on it.
Previously, I played maybe ten games on it at a show. That's it. My new mode of buying pins is "I wonder how that will feel playing at home. Let's find out". I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm playing, other than "hit the blinking shots". Yes, I have the Tiltforums rulesheet printed and ready to read...when I yield. Maybe in a week, maybe more. I like to figure things out myself to start, but this one is still quite a mystery to me.
This pin feels GOOD. Like, "I don't understand why it feels -this- good, but it does." Better than any Stern I've played in the last few years. Now, I know I'm high on that New Pin Feeling, but this is different. Despite still not really knowing what I'm doing, everything feels satisfying. Especially the dead-end shot. Why does that shot feel so good? Don't know, don't care. It does. I've played a hundred games on Godzilla and have never felt this good shooting the ball around. And Godzilla is The Greatest Game Ever Made, And Ever Will Be, Amen! (or so I'm told)
So anyways, there's my $.02. I know you all like the game, otherwise you likely wouldn't be on this thread reading these words. I like the game, too. But there's something...different...that I'm especially loving. And as I look up at the 236(!) pages of existing thread, I just remembered this is the first pin that I didn't read the ENTIRE owners thread before buying. Maybe you're all gushing all the time. Maybe this is all old news. Maybe it's my Bourbon Pear Cocktail talking. Whatever it is, I'm happy I discovered this pin. Game on!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Also, all the hearts for Vespula and his links

2 months later
#13426 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Ok I'm so excited. I finally made it into Cignus X-1 book 1! I was at the point where it said to shoot the time machine and I hit it once or maybe twice, but then my balls drained and it said Mission Compromised. Oh well. Got my highest score ever.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It must be your lucky apron hehehe I should start charging for my signature - instantly raise your scores with this one neat trick!

#13476 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Bug.
Scoop eject sdtm in multiball doesn't ball save.

There's an adjustment for that exact scenario, but it is defaulted to OFF since in multiball it's impossible to tell where the ball drained from

#13483 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know having matching colours locked for a song increase the scoring for that coloured song, but does it also increase the value of the shot in terms of completing the song?

The matching colored shots score double points for the mode scoring, and in Working Man yes you’ll get double minutes (progress). If you’re struggling to beat working man save it for later when you have all the wildcards to breeze through, or try and match up the oranges.

1 week later
#13640 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Need some help.
Last week I updated the new code and I keep getting a message for validation failure, update SD card.
So I re-flashed the SD card…zzz… takes forever... Get the same message. Re-flashed another SD card……Same message. Put the new code on a thumb drive and ran that. Same thing.
Game runs fine. SIC hardware is on, but SIC does not work. Internet is fine.
So basically SIC is out- runs fine on all of my other machines. I have not tried installing the older code (IC was working fine on that)
I have Scorbit on this machine, but it is unplugged. What the hell. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Leave the game powered on overnight and it should fix itself by morning, is the advice I’ve been told is the remedy for this type of error message (since you already tried re flashing the code several times)

#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't know if you guys have played 1.11 yet but there seems to be some significant changes to the graphics around the sides, and additions of info to the big screen when you hit combos, The graphics around all the champion awards are all enhanced, it looks like a portal around the albums now when you're selecting what song you want.
And a time machine graphic in the upper right above multiball info...
Even the player 1234 graphics are all different, and if you go into the info screen you can see all the achievements for your player what you've got and what you still need to get... DJ mixer, looks enhanced.. Little slide out information tidbits on the LCD when you get combos, albums, how much each one is worth etc,
Some pretty significant UI changes in my opinion.
Looks nice! Thanks Ray!
Disclaimer: If I'm just oblivious and this stuff is all been there before And I'm just finally noticing it, then feel free to call me on it. Lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

It’s always all been there lol

1 week later
#14021 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Is anyone seeing the 1-2-3 combos being active in multiball? I've been seeing them live and combo-ing during multiball and I believe that should not be possible. Unless this last code update made them active in multiball and I missed that part.

If your bass is “active” (first collect it by completing the drop targets when bass is flashing, then shooting behind the drop targets to activate it), 1-2-3 combos are active during multiball, as the perk of the bass being active means 2x 1-2-3 scoring and it would be not very useful if there were no 1-2-3s to hit

2 weeks later
#14424 11 months ago

Albums flash when you complete 1-2-3 combos and turn solid when you collect them at the time machine.

Any mystery award that isn’t giving out a context sensitive award (activate instruments, extend instrument timer, add a ball) should have a chance of being a topper mystery instead. If you have competition mode on topper mystery won’t be an option.

Otherwise if you still aren’t seeing topper mystery I’d recommend sending a bug report to the bug report email in the READMEs

#14433 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Theguyoverthere
So my friend just had a 6.0b game on my Rush LE with the topper.
Passed Cygnus 1
Passed Cygnus 2
Passed 2112.
Finished 9/10 albums.
The topper never did a thing through his entire game or any other game we played over the last few days.
Please tell us this thing isn’t coded at all yet.
If it does nothing in a 1%’ers 6b game, how is it any fun or add anything to the average player’s experience?

The topper is coded into the game in the exact ways I listed to you, if you aren’t seeing albums light up or the occasional topper mystery award then your topper is not being recognized by the game.

#14452 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Sorry, I should have been more clear - The only thing the topper did during the 6B game was light the albums as he completed combos and turn the gears when the time machine was ready. We have never seen the topper mystery award kicked off nor figured out how to start topper frenzy.
Is there any way you can make the topper award more frequent? Or maybe a setting to allow us to make it more frequent?
Can you tell us the rules to start topper frenzy?

Check that the game is not on competition mode.

Topper frenzy is just one of the possible topper mystery awards

1 month later
#15241 10 months ago

I wish I could take credit but this was all Tim Sexton, shepherding his Rush baby to perfection I did fix that pesky wildcard bug and made more generous add a ball ball saver time so I’ll take a bow for that

1 month later
#15808 9 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I vote rush!![quoted image]

I am a fan of this lineup

4 months later
#17282 4 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Same here. Need to do better along the way. There's a list of what awards years and how many on the tilt forums. Once you complete both books, you can relay everything to try and do better to get more years.

There’s also a list in the Instant Info, showing which tasks correspond to how many max years, and how many years you achieved for example Working Man 5/10 means you earned 5 years, but 5 more years are possible (so if you replayed working man and won, you’d get 5 years).

Hopefully there are enough different paths to get to 2112, and for the modes you don’t NEED to get 80 mil to get 10 years, just gets you them faster (otherwise you’d have to beat them twice).

Don’t sleep on bastille day and multiballs (especially far cry, which leads to one little victory), 123 combos, etc

#17335 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Ray said directly on Tiltforums that the 3x was eliminated. It was sort of in the readme - it says the adjustment for MAX SHOT MULTIPLIER defaults to 2, which would eliminate the 3x, though it didn't say if you could still get it if that adjustment was changed.

I was mistaken when I said that - it was in my mind at the time as something to do to help the runaway scoring issues we were seeing but later found that simply removing the end of ball bonus and hemispheres compounding, along with record boost % resetting was more than enough. I believe the 3x lives on

#17342 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

So how does the "max shot multiplier" adjustment interact with that? Is that only for the rainbows so that the colored shots can still have 3x? Or do the rainbows also get 3x if the colored shots all match, taking precedence over the adjustment? And in either case, what happens when all 6 are rainbows? (I sold my machine or I'd test all this myself)

If a shot is a mode shot, and it’s a rainbow, and you have all the other colors, the mode shot points will be 3x. Any other scoring on that shot for jackpots or combos are capped at the max 2x value.

1 week later
#17399 4 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

so do i (57) and yes, i love DEFENDER !!!
and than, just had my best game, as explained above, playing to go to 2112
but even while having pushed hard the risk/reward in modes, completed book 1 & 2, scoring 5.7B in a 1 hour game, i was only in year 2088
i admit, i'm perplexe...

There are quite a bit of years hiding behind Far Cry Multiball in the One Little Victory Laps. If you’ve never seen One Little Victory, there’s an adjustment “FAR CRY SUPER JACKPOT DIFFICULTY” that will carry your progress between multiballs.

Additionally if you’re maxing on mode years already (which it sounds like you are) it seems you just gotta get further in FreeWill, Headlong Flight, and the Time Machine multiballs. Combos and bastille day years can also add up and shouldn’t be ignored. You can always check in instant info to see which years are available from which features of the game.

You got this

1 month later
#17561 3 months ago

That’s standard behavior, there are some feature adjustments to change it if you like, but default is the 1-2-3s during multiball will score points and add to the jackpot but will not qualify any albums, that has to be done in single ball play (on default settings)

#17563 3 months ago
Quoted from 11strings:

I saw that setting but I figured that was to allow combos without activating the bass. I'll mess with it.
Would be nice if the official rule sheet was updated along with the code.

I think there’s two separate settings, the one you want is “CAN QUALIFY ALBUMS IN MULTIBALL”

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theguyoverthere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=theguyoverthere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.