(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,092 posts
  • 832 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by korgakoth
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3743 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240427_012808044.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1141 TMNT fresh out-of-the-box Issues and Fixes FAQ Posted by Stosel (3 years ago)

Post #1580 Lights rebooting on the back of the machine - FIX Posted by HookedonPinonics (3 years ago)

Post #2172 playfirlo colour differences Posted by Phatchit (3 years ago)

Post #2390 Left Outlane Fix Posted by NoQuarters (3 years ago)

Post #2457 DIY Krang Mod Instructions Posted by ABE_FLIPS (3 years ago)

Post #4037 Glider Servo DIY replacement Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4120 Link to Amazon product page for replacement servo for glider Posted by PinHead50 (3 years ago)

Post #4327 Sloppy soldering at factory causing overvoltage error - fix Posted by Blackzarak (3 years ago)

Post #4374 Replacing bad glider servo with amazon better one Posted by arcadenerd925 (3 years ago)

Post #4698 Center Ramp non-registering opto fix Posted by spidey (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r_coles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Man o man.... I have been tweaking and tweaking to get this thing to be playable... The cheap drains were horrid... I changed rubbers / removed rubbers / altered settings / ball saves / etc...
I would have games, where two balls - would drain - three times each (two on ball save and one for the final drain) without me even touching the ball.
Launch - into the pops - out - into the slings - *snap*snap* out.... twice..
I lowered the slings to "18" and it finally feels like you can play the game. I also had the rubber donuts off at the top of the outlanes.
Now I have them back on.
Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, for sure, increasing the slope of the playfield seemed to clean some things up for me, specifically some of the cheap drains and also consistency with the inner loop and center ramp. It sounds counterintuitive because the game is already lighting fast and it might just be placebo effect, but something to try if you havent already. I have my playfield bubble set at the the top marker, whereas before it was dead center.

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Soooooo much better!!! Stern came through on this one. Very happy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really nice.

#5780 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I started into this hobby putting Titan's on all my flippers as per most peoples suggestions. Since taking them off and putting stock rubbers back on, my games all have more control and are more likely to make wide orbit shots.
So if you have titans, try taking them off and going back to stock.

My TMNT came with Titans on it and I agree, I do not like them. Waaay too "grippy" for my taste. They're also wildly inconsistent, sometimes the transition from the in lane to the flipper is slowed down so much that it throws my timing off. I have heard the tackiness of them fades after use.

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I believe I have solved my air ball issues. The solution was to re-level the pizza spinner wheel. While it was seemingly level already, I believe even the slightest edge can cause the ball to gain even a little air (off the playfield) and then ricochet upwards when hitting a standup target.
I've played quite a few test balls, shooting the left ramp X targets and no more airballs now. The airballs were also causing issues shooting the pizza parlor.
Rob

Can I ask the method that you used to level it? I started getting airballs and confirmed it was the spinner. I think I have it leveled fairly well now using a straight edge and holding it against the spinner/play field but curious what other people have used.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Any recommendations for soldering irons? They all kinda look the same to me.

Hakko is a quality brand. A little pricey but it’s worth the investment. Very consistent temps. I have the FX888D-23BY.

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think most of the animations are great, the extra ball and replay animations are a couple of the best I've seen, April doesn't really bother me.
Overall I think they did a great job with the animated package.

Agreed, the animations on the modes are good. April doesn't bother me, but I understand why it gets criticized because its a close up of her face and she is talking but her mouth barely moves and it is out of sync (thinking of the Baxter mode).

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I'm debating on my next machine. I either want a TMNT pro or a deadpool pro. I know I'm looking for yes men by coming here and asking, but I'd like your thoughts on this? I hear the game is "hard?" Keep in my I love The Walking Dead and my favorite thing is getting killed in that stupid game.
Are the shots too tight? What makes it difficult?

Ive played about 150 games, not a ton so take the analysis for what its worth. In terms of difficulty I would say that the game in general is very fast, if you are hitting your shots, the flow is amazing. The timing of hitting the center ramp and inner orbit can be difficult with the upper flipper when the ball is traveling extremely fast around the outer orbit, but this seems to just take practice to get used to the timing. The ramp entries are not large, but they arent too tight in my opinion, however, if you brick a shot, the game will punish you for it. This can happen on the left ramp a lot if you miss the entry and hit the dimension x targets which activate the pizza spinner, the ball will hit the spinner and put you out of control. If you aren't clean with the pizza parlor shot, it is susceptible to SDTM drain. Overall I feel like the general play is fast flow mixed with quick catch and shoot gameplay.

The other aspect of the difficulty is reaching the final wizard mode. It requires you to accomplish some specific goals that are pretty challenging, the two that come to mind are max krang combo and triple mondo jackpot. These relate to hitting consecutive inner orbit shots from the upper flipper. They arent impossible and are made easier if you can accomplish them during multi ball (triple mondo has to be completed during MB), but getting them and the other goals done in a single run is going to take some time for me.

#5909 3 years ago
Quoted from Kulky:

I don't understand how getting a high score in this game works. But I know one thing it's not related to progression which I feel is... counter intuitive.
Also has anyone ever. In the world, got to cowabunga mode? Seems stupidly impossible to get too. Can't even find a video on YouTube of anyone ever getting it. Maybe that needs to be relaxed?
I love the way the game feels I just think it needs some tweaking in the rules.

Jackpots during multiball score big points, and if you have pepperoni topping in NPMB it adds +250k to each jackpot. If you can hit a triple mondo jackpot (consecutive shots to the krang loop) it seems to more than double and triple the jackpot score each time. You can relight mondo jackpot if you shoot enough blue (foot clan) shots and subsequently relight super jackpot. Rinse and repeat.

Also, if you are going for score, the training mode becomes more important, each successful training mode will give you certain score multipliers in specific modes depending on the turtle. I know Mikey level 3 or 4 gives you 3x ninja pizza multiball, which is significant.

Yes, cowabunga seems difficult, you can get 3 or 4 of the objectives during a single multiball though...(triple mondo, max krang, 123 foot, weapon hurry up). Reaching final battle is proving difficult for me.

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

KRANG MOD GUIDE (pro model)
I am very proud and i hope you enjoy this mod too, it came out way better than i thought.
Buy this Toy: Neca Donatello vs Krang
[quoted image]
Cut the back of Krang for the LED illumination
Drill a hole in Krangs mechsuit in the size of a LED Socket and hot glue it from the back later. Make sure you do not glue where the LED has to be attached, for a good electrical connection and you can swap LEDs later too. I did use a cold white 8 SMD LED, make sure Krang has enough room in the mechsuit too because of the LED inside. Glue Krangs arms into his mechsuit, so they don't get lost.
The LED connection has to be solderd on the red LED of the Krang insert. So Krang will light up when you shoot the center loop, he does his call outs or the Krang shot Hurry up is running. You can see the two blue heat shrink tubings, those are the cables I cut and where I soldered in the Krang cables too, make sure you don't mix +/- connection. You always can go into LED test in the settings, make sure to press the coin door switch, otherwise the LED test will not work.
[quoted image]
I attached the toy with a cable clamp, just make sure the toys feet don't get under the pop bumper.

Many thanks for the DIY Krang instructions! I followed them exactly as you stated except I used T Taps to splice the wires instead of soldering them.

IMG_7472 (resized).jpgIMG_7472 (resized).jpgIMG_7479 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7479 (1) (resized).jpg
#6001 3 years ago

....so close man....so damn close

5462AA1E-C9BD-408D-A6A5-9E32C93B56FB (resized).jpeg5462AA1E-C9BD-408D-A6A5-9E32C93B56FB (resized).jpeg
#6010 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was just about to say that. You ain't lying! If he's pulling those two off, Final Battle should be no sweat, then on to Cowabunga!
I have hit Final Battle a dozen times or so (can't believe Dwight hasn't fixed the sound bug yet... :/ ). I have only done triple mondo once or twice, and I'm not sure I have ever gotten max Krang. Definitely not in the same game! The side shots are really hard for me to make consistently.

I scuffed way too many modes. My high score in 3 ball play is around 56 million, I’ve come close in that to cowabunga as well but not as close as I was here to having everything and one mode away from final battle.....I just want to see the damn thing

#6011 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

A few days ago I started a 4-player coop game with myself and I got to Cowabunga on ball 2 of player 3! First time ever for me. Too bad I had no idea how the mode worked and proceeded to fudge it on each player lol. I still haven't beaten the team up mode though, the most I've rescued is two turtles. Plenty to work on with this game

On ball 2! That is awesome dude you must have been killing the modes.

Absolutely man, it’s no slouch getting to final battle or cowabunga even in coop. Team up is a difficult little wizard. I’ve only been able to save two turtles as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6012 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

New owner of about a week here. This game is brutal and I love it! I plan to start diving into the rules a little now that my boys and I have smashed around on it a bit and gotten used to it a bit.
Here is a little something from my other hobby/profession celebrating the greatness of the Turtles - https://fb.watch/3Fp7IYF3F4/

Congrats, you’re going to get a lot out of turtles, it’s a very deep and challenging game.

1 month later
#6328 3 years ago

Quick tip: Someone has probably already posted this before but if your backglass is rattling against the back box when nudging just place a couple of felt tabs in the corners. Works like a charm!
DFBC1707-39B9-4E05-97EA-58F1D6D2053F (resized).jpegDFBC1707-39B9-4E05-97EA-58F1D6D2053F (resized).jpeg

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am considering replacing the white flashers under the pizza with orange, yellow or red ones. It seems the Stern flasher is 5 VAC. Will a 13 VAC flasher work as my supplier only has that voltage for sale?

I recently accidentally bought 12V 8smd flasher bulbs and they did not light at all, unfortunately I think you will need the 5v bulbs.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

So what is the shot for the super jackpot during multiball? And or the shots to get to it? Buddy hit one and we missed in all the chaos how and where he got it.

During NPMB you have to hit blue shots to light mondo jackpot (krang loop). Once you collect mondo jackpot it lights super jackpot (lair shot). Similar sequence during TPMB.

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hello guys,
Finally received my NIB TMTN Pro, my very first pin, I'm so happy to join the club!
At first I thought that everything looks fine, but the more I look at it, the more I wonder if I actually do have this PF print quality issue.
When you look from very close, like if you have your nose on the glass, then you do see the printing dots. But from a normal playing distance I would say you don't see them. Have a look at the attached pictures (I have the feeling my phone camera increases this issue compared to what you see real life).
My pin has been produced in july 2020.
What do you guys think??
If this is a PF printing issue, am I supposed to ask my distributor to open a case with Stern? or can I bypass him and open a ticket directly myself? That would be more convenient for me since he is located on the other side of the country.
Also, second doubt: it seems like when the ball goes to the right ramp quite slowly the opto (highlighted in the picture) does not trigger. Is that a normal behavior? If not, do you think I could fix it?
Many thanks a lot for your help & advices beforehand, I'm a bit nervous for this first not-at-all-reasonable purchase!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi! I’d say your print looks decent, yes there is some grain to it up close but I’ve seen worse where there are discernible horizontal/vertical lines in the print....On your second question, that’s not an optical switch, when the ball passes through the wire gate the gate should be depressing the lever on the top of the switch, if it’s not doing that you should adjust the gate so that it depresses the lever. You can test this by going into the diagnostic menu and actuating the switch to ensure it’s functioning properly.

2 weeks later
#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Maybe I'm just dense, but those perk descriptions mean ABOSOLUTELY nothing to me. Bebop equals rocksteady? Rescue any? Okay?

Yeah the descriptions are kind of obtuse...

Bebop = Rocksteady means you can hit either the Bop or rocksteady shot to kill Rocksteady/Bebop during the team up.

Rescue Any means that after you get a number of foot kills you can choose which turtle you rescue instead of the game telling you that you have to rescue Leo for instance...

Return Lane Spots Bad guy means that if you hit the return lane switch it will spot you a foot kill.

One foot kills all means that you only have to hit one foot soldier kill before you can rescue a turtle, otherwise you have to hit like 3 or 4 foot shots before you can rescue a turtle.

Agree that completing modes is very important to making team up easier. If you have one foot kills all and rescue any it makes it much easier.

2 weeks later
#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

So I'm pretty new to pinball and got a NIB TMNT Premium last month. Just recently my upper ball lock (Pizza Parlor ball lock) stopped firing. Did a coil test and you hear a noise but nothing really happens. If I pull the ball lock up manually it will drop during the coil test, but won't go back up. Any suggestions?

Does the plunger inside the coil move freely when you manipulate it manually? The coil bracket could be bent or the plunger could be getting stuck in the coil or on the housing.

3 weeks later
#6687 2 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Just doing my research on pro vs premium because I’m saving to hopefully get one before years end, an just wondering what the lair lock is? Have only played a couple of games on a pro before it broke down on location, an doubt I will ever play a premium unless I owned one. Huge fan of the theme an definitely will be the next pin in our house.

I wonder if maybe this was just typo and he meant Van Lock? I am not aware of any differences in the Lair between premium and Pro but now you have me intrigued.

#6692 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

In Ninja Pizza Multiball, the Premium can hold a ball in the LAIR lane, I'm not sure of the specifics but I believe having the mushroom topping enables it. The premium has a 2nd switch to allow this, so it's definitely something they easily COULD HAVE added to the Pro but it's important to have distinguishing features between Pro and Prem so people have more reasons/justifications to upgrade.

Gotcha, I didn’t know that! It’s not on their official feature list either which is a strange omission.

1 month later
#7006 2 years ago

Unfortunately have to agree with the folks saying no playfield protector. Ive played games that had them on and the gameplay feels much more floaty to me. To each their own though.

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

What playfield wax should I be purchasing that everyone would recommend?</blockquote

What playfield wax should I be purchasing that everyone would recommend?

Any pure carnauba wax is good. Mother’s, meguires, P21S

1 month later
#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Do any of you let the episode timer run down instead of trying to complete the episode to get progress? I was thinking if I just cradle the ball and let the episode timer run, I'd probably have much better odds of getting to team up and maybe even to the final episode (albeit with zero perks).

Team up tends to be really hard if you haven’t successfully completed any modes leading up to that. The perks that you get for completing modes is worth trying to successfully complete them IMO.

#7261 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Having a little issue that I would like to prevent from happening anymore. Any ideas what I should do? Its my first pin, so I'm a little unsure.
Its almost like the insert is sitting slightly higher or lower (hard to tell) than the playfield so its wearing away unfortantly. [quoted image]

Based on what you have circled there, seems like thats the factory mylar (thin protective plastic) to me not the insert itself. Some inserts come from the factory with mylar over them before the playfield is cleared. Seems to be clear coated over on mine but maybe im wrong? The other factory mylar around the pops and pizza disc is not cleared over.

1 year later
#9436 1 year ago

Hey y’all. Having an issue when I go to start the game. After the start button is pressed the GI goes dark and the game reboots. Thought it was an SD card issue, so I got a new SD and put a fresh image on it. This worked for a day or so, but now the issue is occurring again. Anyone else have this issue previously?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r_coles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time?tu=r_coles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.