(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 240.
#5101 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I see another pink monk product coming to the market! Could you throw a fan in it to keep my beer cool though? Now that would be next level

Oh, god no. I'd like to see this too, but I don't need another product in development right now. I'll be happy to help talk him through the steps and work through the issues, through. I think it would be super cool. Especially if the lights faded in and out instead of blinking on and off with the switch.

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My understanding is there is an episode extra ball after starting 2 episodes and then another extra ball for collect a bunch of pizza slices, not sure how many, maybe around 60ish? Plus another extra ball from the pict-o-pops.
Maybe your pizza slice or episodes extra ball has auto adjusted to a higher number.

Yeah I think that’s what’s happened. Definitely used to get after 2 episodes but routinely get 3 even if I drain through them (completely not on purpose) is the extra ball info in the instant info at all?

#5103 3 years ago

I just want to share my recent trouble shooting episode with my TMNT Premium. I also want to give a big shout out to a real gentleman in the hobby, Vic Ireland aka vireland. As always, he was a big help in making suggestions of where to look to solve the problem. Here is what happened to my game. All of a sudden the game stopped seeing balls entering the Pizza Parlor. If the Parlor filled up with its' 3 ball limit and a fourth one tried to find a spot, the game would pause and then go into ball search mode. In that process, one of the 4 balls would eject but the other 3 remained. Even at game's end or at start up, any balls in the Parlor remained in place. The obvious suspects were magnetized balls and/or bad OPTOS. In fact, they were not at fault. After much trouble shooting we traced the problem back to the switch No. 8 which controls the upper right flipper. We found a cold solder joint there on both the hot lead and the common ground. That resulted in the OPTOS' common ground also being open. Hence, the Parlor did not operate. I guess the moral of the story is that these games are very complex (pinball is easy?? huh??) and the solutions to failures can be quite hard to find but even neophytes like my wife and I can 'do the work when necessary'. I hope this may help someone else if they have a similar problem.

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I just want to share my recent trouble shooting episode with my TMNT Premium.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. My only real issue was the right Battle again light not working because the wires were mixed up but nothing that stopped the game from working as intended. Its always great when the community helps one another out, it helps to overshadow all the bullshit that comes up as well.

#5105 3 years ago

My new TMNT Premium arrives tomorrow. This is my first time having a pin in my home. I am super excited but also a bit nervous I'm going to do something dumb due to my inexperience.

I have tried to ramp up on knowledge, include watching some videos on how to set it up and such. Here is my current thinking on a few aspects. Please let me know what I am missing (perhaps there is a better place on pinside, but some of this might be unique to TMNT, so I thought to start here.)

- I have watched the Stern setup video and plan on using that to help me go through the setup process. Is there anything fundamental missing there?
- I will order a replacement set of pinballs for when the initial ones magnetize - this seems to be a consistent issue for this pin.
- I do not plan to put down a protector, but I am curious if I need to wax right away or if that can wait a bit?
- It seems there is one custom piece for the ramp that people suggest I get to avoid one issue; is there anything else like that that I should definitely get right away?
- I may get the Stern headphone jack attachment to help keep my wife happier. Is there any downside to that?
- I will have the pin in a room with carpet. How much an issue is static electricity when working on the pin? Is grounding via a metal portion of the frame sufficient? (I do some work on PC repair and I've learned some hard lessons on this front.)
- There appears to be a code update that pulls in graphics from the original show, but isn't "official." Should I hold off on anything like that at first?

Is there anything else (apart from have fun!) I should be considering? Am I over-worried here?

Thanks in advance. (And apologies if I am somehow misusing the forum here.)

#5106 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

My new TMNT Premium arrives tomorrow. This is my first time having a pin in my home. I am super excited but also a bit nervous I'm going to do something dumb due to my inexperience.
I have tried to ramp up on knowledge, include watching some videos on how to set it up and such. Here is my current thinking on a few aspects. Please let me know what I am missing (perhaps there is a better place on pinside, but some of this might be unique to TMNT, so I thought to start here.)
- I have watched the Stern setup video and plan on using that to help me go through the setup process. Is there anything fundamental missing there?
- I will order a replacement set of pinballs for when the initial ones magnetize - this seems to be a consistent issue for this pin.
- I do not plan to put down a protector, but I am curious if I need to wax right away or if that can wait a bit?
- It seems there is one custom piece for the ramp that people suggest I get to avoid one issue; is there anything else like that that I should definitely get right away?
- I may get the Stern headphone jack attachment to help keep my wife happier. Is there any downside to that?
- I will have the pin in a room with carpet. How much an issue is static electricity when working on the pin? Is grounding via a metal portion of the frame sufficient? (I do some work on PC repair and I've learned some hard lessons on this front.)
- There appears to be a code update that pulls in graphics from the original show, but isn't "official." Should I hold off on anything like that at first?
Is there anything else (apart from have fun!) I should be considering? Am I over-worried here?

watch this video, its Kyle from marco putting together a TMNT that is really helpful

- I will order a replacement set of pinballs for when the initial ones magnetize - this seems to be a consistent issue for this pin. - some people had no issues with balls magnetizing (including myself) but I installed new ones, not an expensive fix.

- I do not plan to put down a protector, but I am curious if I need to wax right away or if that can wait a bit? turn it on and play, they play them from the factory before they ship them so you are ready to go out of the box.

- It seems there is one custom piece for the ramp that people suggest I get to avoid one issue; is there anything else like that that I should definitely get right away? I just got the plastic piece from Mezel Mods last week. Its not something you have to have but its nice to have those shots register 100% of the time. You may want to look at some replacement rubbers, not only do they look better with some color but they can help slow the ball down a bit. go to Titan for those and balls.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1556
https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-airball-plastic

- I may get the Stern headphone jack attachment to help keep my wife happier. Is there any downside to that? Nope lol.
- I will have the pin in a room with carpet. How much an issue is static electricity when working on the pin? Is grounding via a metal portion of the frame sufficient? (I do some work on PC repair and I've learned some hard lessons on this front.) I have never ran into issues with carpet but i put all my machines on sliders to protect all surfaces.

- There appears to be a code update that pulls in graphics from the original show, but isn't "official." Should I hold off on anything like that at first? I think i updated to the 1987 code on week one. Just make sure you use a new card as the post suggests. Wont hurt anything at all. Just have to swap the cards out and you are back to the original game

#5107 3 years ago

Welcome to the club! You're gonna love it and I hope you have room for your next few pins -- they tend to multiply quick

Quoted from Vermont:

I think the video (and the attached sheet) is pretty good about telling you what you need to know. Take your time and it'll be fine!

Quoted from Vermont:

Order em now -- assume your pinballs will be shot from the get go -- mine went to hell the first night. Make sure you wipe down the balls before putting them in the machine -- they ship oiled, and you don't want the oil in there.

Quoted from Vermont:

Nah, you won't need to wax/clean until you start seeing dirt. Wouldn't worry about that.

Quoted from Vermont:

I don't know if there's a purchasable piece for this yet, but this thread has some examples of what folks have done. You can do this at any time so I wouldn't worry about it. I've noticed the flipper rubber on my upper flipper getting rough (probably from getting whacked at the tip from the right flipper), so if you're buying balls, maybe have some extra flipper rubbers on hand.

Quoted from Vermont:

I haven't had any issues -- I picked up the pinnovators kit that has master and headphone audio control on the outside of the pin and a mute switch. If you don't need those features, pinball life and stern ones should be fine.

Quoted from Vermont:

Standard rules apply, but most of your sensitive electronics are in the backbox. Mine are in a carpeted room too and I just touch ground and minimize static electricity on my person. I think you'll be fine.

Quoted from Vermont:

My suggestion would be to buy an additional class 10 SD card and follow the instructions on that thread about installing that code on its own card. You can swap back and forth by just replacing the card. No issues there.

#5108 3 years ago

One thing I think many new owners do not think about is level and pitch. Get a $20 digital level, or at minimum a small bubble level for left/right and an angle finder for the pitch. Do not trust the bubble that ships on the machine...they are garbage and confuse more than they help. Machines are generally designed for 6.5 deg pitch. Most people like a bit steeper which makes it faster and also easier to catch/cradle the ball. That's ok, but remember if stuff doesn't work right, make sure you eliminate too steep (or shallow) first. You will get slightly different readings in different areas of the playfield due to slight playfield variations, and that's normal. Just try to get a good average and remember a small change can make a big difference in how it plays.

Most important...have fun and enjoy it!

#5109 3 years ago

Thanks so much for all the advice! I really appreciate it.

#5110 3 years ago

Servo Replacement. I know this has been covered, but figured I would share my experience... This is a bulletproof glider servo setup without having to reverse polarity or request counter-clockwise setup from limited vendors (you can substitute the servo for the cheaper ones if desired)… VERY IMPORTANT, there is in-fact a hard stop on the glider and you absolutely have to set the center correctly (probably not default 188 setting) so that far left and far right DO NOT hit that stop. You will notice that the parameters actually change during test if you go from x to y quickly back and forth, so make sure you really let it have it. Mine hit going left at stock when going from L to far L very quickly and repeatedly, and the servo would just continue to whine trying to break past the barrier to the set point. Your servo SHOULD NOT continue to make any noise after it hits max left or right position and the black stop under glider should never actually touch the outside edges. You want the software to limit, not the physical points, that will break your servo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ASE4US/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQVCWL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

20201207_145513 (resized).jpg20201207_145513 (resized).jpg51IJ7Fw3crL._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg51IJ7Fw3crL._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg
#5111 3 years ago

My TMNT Premium is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. As luck would have it, we're doing extensive landscaping work tomorrow which requires many strong men. I assume 5 or 6 large men, two or three on each side could lift the box pall-bearer style from the "truck this side" side and carry it up 6 stairs to my porch from the sidewalk? Anyone tried that technique yet? My fallback is to rent a Powermate stairclimbing dolly from Sunbelt rentals, but I'd prefer the 6 burly men approach since it's less work and cheaper for me. I'll probably give each of the guys a tenner for their help.

EDIT: Please tell me this is not an absolutely insane idea.

#5112 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

My TMNT Premium is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. As luck would have it, we're doing extensive landscaping work tomorrow which requires many strong men. I assume 5 or 6 large men, two or three on each side could lift the box pall-bearer style from the "truck this side" side and carry it up 6 stairs to my porch from the sidewalk? Anyone tried that technique yet? My fallback is to rent a Powermate stairclimbing dolly from Sunbelt rentals, but I'd prefer the 6 burly men approach since it's less work and cheaper for me. I'll probably give each of the guys a tenner for their help.

Assuming they are appropriately burly, four of them will just be in the way.

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One thing I think many new owners do not think about is level and pitch. Get a $20 digital level, or at minimum a small bubble level for left/right and an angle finder for the pitch. Do not trust the bubble that ships on the machine...they are garbage and confuse more than they help. Machines are generally designed for 6.5 deg pitch. Most people like a bit steeper which makes it faster and also easier to catch/cradle the ball. That's ok, but remember if stuff doesn't work right, make sure you eliminate too steep (or shallow) first. You will get slightly different readings in different areas of the playfield due to slight playfield variations, and that's normal. Just try to get a good average and remember a small change can make a big difference in how it plays.
Most important...have fun and enjoy it!

This is great advice. I have had mine for about six months and I am still messing with pitch here and there. Have it around 6.6 or 6.7. I bought a cheap digital level off Amazon. It’s clearly not perfect but much better then the bubble. This game plays mean with a high pitch.

#5114 3 years ago

I find the PinGuy app to be the best. Saves you from having to get up and down a million times to level a machine. It’s a must have

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

If it's just 6 stairs (not 6 flights, lol) any regular old dolly will do (or an appliance dolly with straps). it's not THAT heavy, two people on the bottom can help lift it up each step, top person can guide. I have another friend who has a few stairs up his porch, he just unboxes on the drive way and the two of us just carry it up the steps assembled with the head down.

Good luck and go slow!

#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If it's just 6 stairs (not 6 flights, lol) any regular old dolly will do (or an appliance dolly with straps). it's not THAT heavy, two people on the bottom can help lift it up each step, top person can guide. I have another friend who has a few stairs up his porch, he just unboxes on the drive way and the two of us just carry it up the steps assembled with the head down.
Good luck and go slow!

Thanks. I’ve been dreading the logistics of actually getting the thing into the front door.

#5117 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Thanks. I’ve been dreading the logistics of actually getting the thing into the front door.

Yeah my first game (WOZ) i dolly'd through the front door, that was tough with just my wife and I. From then on I either unbloxed in the garage or on the porch and then just carried it in. If you'd be more comphy with a stair climbing dolly by all means go for it, but if you have enough man power I think using the dolly and having the muscle just help it climb up one stair at a time should work. I feel like picking up the whole box and walking it up the stairs would be more difficult/risky.

#5118 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Keep it in the box. Put a big blanket down on the steps and slide the sucker up. We also wrapped a blanket underneath and over the top like a big nappy and just pulled the blanket ends while people pushed from underneath (behind). That’s how our AFMr made it up 21 stairs with a switchback landing. Beers afterwards.

#5119 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

hopefully my TMNT arrives this month, i am in same boat as yourself

as i was reading through this thread
i have made a note to adjust certain settings
1. Lair Ball save, Adj 24 Ball Save Timer: LAIR to "2"
2. Pitch down to 6.5
3. Adj 15 Lane Change Battle Again to "Yes"
4. dialed down the auto plunge to 170
5. flipper power in the feature adjustment. Put the three at 185.
i didn't writes notes on why, sorry
if anyone has an opinion on these settings, please do comment

not sure if you are planning any mods
but someone in this thread posted their cheap way to mod the white lights in center of playfield
which i plan to do
cheap way i will do this is with gel filters, stuck under the playfield,
although these on Amazon cost a bit more than they do where i am
https://www.amazon.com/FOSOTO-Speedlite-Filters-Compatible-Yongnuo/dp/B01N2G4RBN/ref=sr_1_11

a026417a85505d571383de2af57183ec02706897 (resized).jpega026417a85505d571383de2af57183ec02706897 (resized).jpeg

#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

hopefully my TMNT arrives this month, i am in same boat as yourself
as i was reading through this thread
i have made a note to adjust certain settings
2. Pitch down to 6.5
i didn't writes notes on why, sorry
if anyone has an opinion on these settings, please do comment
not sure if you are planning any mods
but someone in this thread posted their cheap way to mod the white lights in center of playfield
which i plan to do
cheap way i will do this is with gel filters, stuck under the playfield,
although these on Amazon cost a bit more than they do where i am
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

I wouldn't adjust the auto plunge or flippers until you play your game a few times and have reason to. I haven't touched mine and they are perfect as-is. Every machine will be slightly different, so just copy/pasting someone else's power settings will not necessarily be an improvement. Lair Ball Save also may not be needed. I have a decent number of plays on mine already, and so far it hasn't screwed me over yet. (I probably shouldn't have said that... ).

#5121 3 years ago

Any example of a good digital level someone could link on amazon?

I see some that look like little squares (https://www.amazon.com/Calculated-Industries-7434-AccuMASTER-Inclinometer/dp/B0148M7P4O/ref=sr_1_9)
But I'm not sure those are the best to use or to get one of the longer ones for better accuracy. (https://www.amazon.com/Protractor-Neodymium-V-GROOVE-MAGNETIC-Resistant/dp/B07TXJZX7P/ref=sr_1_9)

#5122 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

2. Pitch down to 6.5

1. absolutely do this. you'll still get screwed during MB but there is no need to lose a ball to a bad bounce in single ball play

2. the game plays plenty fast and dangerous at around this pitch. Id suggest starting here and adjusting steeper if need be. I think Im at around 6.7 right now because I felt like some of the shots were more dialed in but thats probably just a placebo effect.

3. I think this should be the default, it makes the battle again feature more active, there are times in MB where I'm actively avoiding using it to save it for when Im down to 2 balls or single ball play. It also boosts the value of picking Michelangelo which I think makes Leo, Raph and Mikey more balance.

4 and 5. I'd personally just see how your game acts. I think i have the lower flippers on default (its huge to the overall fun to be able to backhand both ramps IMO) but my upper flipper dialed down a bit to prevent airballs when rolling over the disk/up the ramp.

in addition, if youre the type of person who will play a lot of games back to back, I cant recommend the pinmonk flipper fans enough! the ability to keep backhanding both ramps in marathon games or a long session cant be understated. They're a bit pricey IMO but the build quality is solid and theyre super effective so it's hard to argue that they arent worth it.

The other thing id suggest is to be aware of how to adjust that stupid pizza disc. Ive been yo-yoing back and forth trying to level it properly and cant get it quite right. The disc has a bit of play (at least mine does) so it makes it hard to adjust both the front and back properly. If its not done right, I start getting airballs when shooting the van, the dimension X targets and the 2X target. But also when shooting the side ramp, and you really want that side ramp shooting smooth.

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Any example of a good digital level someone could link on amazon?
I see some that look like little squares (amazon.com link »)
But I'm not sure those are the best to use or to get one of the longer ones for better accuracy. (amazon.com link »)

I have the one that looks like square one. Makes it nice for fitting in tighter spots. I think I only paid around $20 on it through Amazon. Seems to work well enough. Even used it around the house for a few projects.

#5124 3 years ago

Thanks for the help. I'll probably pick one of the square ones up.

I've noticed that I definitely have been getting some major airballs bouncing off the dimension x and 2X Playfield targets.

I'll have to adjust the spinner it sounds like.

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Servo Replacement. I know this has been covered, but figured I would share my experience... This is a bulletproof glider servo setup without having to reverse polarity or request counter-clockwise setup from limited vendors (you can substitute the servo for the cheaper ones if desired)… VERY IMPORTANT, there is in-fact a hard stop on the glider and you absolutely have to set the center correctly (probably not default 188 setting) so that far left and far right DO NOT hit that stop. You will notice that the parameters actually change during test if you go from x to y quickly back and forth, so make sure you really let it have it. Mine hit going left at stock when going from L to far L very quickly and repeatedly, and the servo would just continue to whine trying to break past the barrier to the set point. Your servo SHOULD NOT continue to make any noise after it hits max left or right position and the black stop under glider should never actually touch the outside edges. You want the software to limit, not the physical points, that will break your servo.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the research, I've put it on an Amazon wishlist called "Fix Stern's TMNT design flaw"

#5126 3 years ago

Thanks for all the support in this thread. I was able to setup my new Premium last night and have enjoyed several hours of play since. It probably took me an hour longer than it should have but I went very slowly to ensure I didn't do anything foolish.

Everything appears to be working great, except the pizza spinner has the loud grindy noise that others mentioned. It is most noticeable before the initial ball launch, but I would assume it is happening all the time when spinning. Someone mentioned there was an official Stern recommendation on how to oil it, but forum searching appears to not land me on the right post. If someone knows the best recommendation, that would be great. I am new to fixing pins, so the more dumbed down the better.

Also, thanks for the recommendations on settings, such as the lair ball save. Is there a document somewhere that detail all the settings? It's clear what most do, but not all of them. Likely just due to my inexperience, but descriptions would be really helpful. Some fun bedtime reading!

Fun note: the 'default' sound level was really loud! My wife very much appreciated me turning that down quite a bit.

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

I have the one that looks like square one. Makes it nice for fitting in tighter spots. I think I only paid around $20 on it through Amazon. Seems to work well enough. Even used it around the house for a few projects.

I'll admit that I installed a pinball leveling app on my phone and used that. It seemed to work pretty well. Worked for both side to side and slope.

#5128 3 years ago

I couldn't get the app to really work. The calibrating is all weird with white text on yellow. Never gave me a measurement.

I end up giving up on it.

Here is the official stern release of the pizza spinner fix. Though I've heard others use lithium grease and took it apart further.

spinner fix 1 (resized).pngspinner fix 1 (resized).pngspinner fix 2 (resized).pngspinner fix 2 (resized).pngspinner fix 3 (resized).pngspinner fix 3 (resized).png
#5129 3 years ago

Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger and ordered a TMNT LE yesterday. It's an early one, #10. I've done some digging on this thread, and couldn't find much in regards to early LE builds. Any particular issues I should look for or expect with this one?

I know as an LE buyer they typically have more quirks then the Premium's that are built after the LE's so I hope I get a good one

#5130 3 years ago

Keep in mind that I do not believe they use the LE numbers in order.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger and ordered a TMNT LE yesterday. It's an early one, #10. I've done some digging on this thread, and couldn't find much in regards to early LE builds. Any particular issues I should look for or expect with this one?
I know as an LE buyer they typically have more quirks then the Premium's that are built after the LE's so I hope I get a good one

Pretty sure all the playfields have been good on the LEs. As far as the art print quality is concerned. But it wouldn't hurt to look.

Here's a list of a few things I can remember from following this thread:

1. Look for is pooling under some posts.

2. The diverter in the back sometimes rubs. So it may need some adjustments.

3. The glider jittering and not working could be a bad servo.

4. Lots of people need to oil the pizza spinner.

I'm sure there are more.

#5132 3 years ago

I have to remove my back box head to get my TMNT through a small door. Does anyone know what size nut socket fits on the hinge nuts? I have a socket set but the biggest socket is still too small.

I ended up ordering an SAE socket set from 3/8 up to 1 1/4", so I'm guessing one of those will do the job. I wish I could just remove the backbox head from the hinge, but the power supply is covering one of the nuts.

EDIT: Seems I can just use a wrench to get the one under the power supply when the head is folded down.

EDIT 2: Hmmm... that is a really tight spot under the head. I'm worried about the ease of reattaching the head. I think taking the hinges off will be easier even though it's counter-intuitive. Anyone done this?

EDIT 3: answering my own question here: The metal cover over the power supply area inside the backbox is easily removed, granting access to the nuts inside the backbox, so I'm going to keep the hinges on the machine and instead remove the four nuts from the inside bottom of the backbox to remove the head.

I have a house full of tools and yet very few open faced wrenches, so I can't play my new TMNT until at least Friday when my new open-faced wrench set arrives in the mail.

#5133 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Everything appears to be working great, except the pizza spinner has the loud grindy noise that others mentioned. It is most noticeable before the initial ball launch, but I would assume it is happening all the time when spinning. Someone mentioned there was an official Stern recommendation on how to oil it, but forum searching appears to not land me on the right post. If someone knows the best recommendation, that would be great. I am new to fixing pins, so the more dumbed down the better.

I would suggest leaving it alone for the time being. I just got my TMNT 2 weeks ago (Nov 6 build), and while the disc was very noisy for the first 50-75 games or so, i now don't hear it at all. (Tron was always noisy, so this is a nice surprise). maybe i'm lucky, but maybe worth the wait.

#5134 3 years ago

Decided to try the 1989 version of Krang. Bought a cheap one off eBay and put a smd fire bulb I had lying around from Comet. I think it matches really well. Almost tempted to not light it up.

DD37A299-69A2-4884-B1CC-CEDB515A0688.gifDD37A299-69A2-4884-B1CC-CEDB515A0688.gif
#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Decided to try the 1989 version of Krang. Bought a cheap one off eBay and put a smd fire bulb I had lying around from Comet. I think it matches really well. Almost tempted to not light it up.[quoted image]

Awesome! How did you wire it? Can you provide more details...love it!

#5136 3 years ago

Anyone looking to oil your pizza spinner, i just used a syringe with a small needle and didnt have to remove the spinner from the game. Might save you some time. It was an instant fix. Also had to take my brand new glider off and tighten the stupid screw on the bottom.. What a pain.....

#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Anyone looking to oil your pizza spinner, i just used a syringe with a small needle and didnt have to remove the spinner from the game. Might save you some time. It was an instant fix. Also had to take my brand new glider off and tighten the stupid screw on the bottom.. What a pain.....

Where/how did you put the oil on that way? I am letting a few more games be played before oiling, as another poster suggested, but it would be great to not have to pull it apart. Right now it's perfectly flat and I'd hate to disrupt that.

#5138 3 years ago

Hey guys, may have missed it somewhere throughout, but has anyone else had issues with the end of ball bonus adding 1 to the end of score? I think it happened after the last update I performed (may have been a couple ago).

#5139 3 years ago

I have all my games powder coated when I get them..just finished up my tmnt and made some custom art blades. So far not caring for this game to much so it might be for sale , I'll give it a few weeks chance though

IMG_20201210_224016 (resized).jpgIMG_20201210_224016 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173325~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173325~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173415 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173415 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173437~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173437~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173443~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201211_173443~2 (resized).jpg
#5140 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Where/how did you put the oil on that way? I am letting a few more games be played before oiling, as another poster suggested, but it would be great to not have to pull it apart. Right now it's perfectly flat and I'd hate to disrupt that.

I just put the play field upright and put some on the arrow and then some on the underside of the top piece right above that hole. Gravity helps a bit. Just rotate it as you oil. Easy peasy

66967681-9880-4044-AECE-D386FC7A2596 (resized).png66967681-9880-4044-AECE-D386FC7A2596 (resized).png

#5141 3 years ago

Here is the official stern release of the pizza spinner fix. Though I've heard others use lithium grease and took it apart further.

I took mine apart and greased the gears. If oiling the nylon washers does the trick, then just stick with that.

It's also important to ensure the pizza wheel is level with the playfield. Use a straight edge like a rule to check.

The only thing I need to do still is make a ramp cover for the center ramp. Sometimes if shot too fast it does not trigger the opto.

Rob

#5142 3 years ago

Putting my pro on the market. Correct playfield and a playfield protector installed before the first ball was played. Shooter lane cliffy as well, looks and plays brand new with none of the potential out-of-box playfield or other issues to worry about. $5500, will donate to pinside if it sells.

#5143 3 years ago

Played 4 player coop with just me instead of the family. Almost got to the final battle. I had multiple team ups which was fun. I really enjoy this pin. Tons of great stuff!

#5144 3 years ago

I just saw the TMNT armor here. Anyone planning on getting it? Would love to see a picture of it on the pin.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-armor

#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I just saw the TMNT armor here. Anyone planning on getting it? Would love to see a picture of it on the pin.
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-armor

Its weird to me that I see more official stern stuff for TMNT on other sites than I do on the actual Stern site. These look amazing and I'd love to see them installed on a game.

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I took mine apart and greased the gears. If oiling the nylon washers does the trick, then just stick with that.
It's also important to ensure the pizza wheel is level with the playfield. Use a straight edge like a rule to check.
The only thing I need to do still is make a ramp cover for the center ramp. Sometimes if shot too fast it does not trigger the opto.
Rob

I noticed my pizza spinner when I apply a little pressure to one side it slides and isn't quite level. Are we measuring the resting position of the spinner? Or do I need to make an adjustment to fix the wobbliness of it?

Quoted from joelbob:

I saw those as well and may pull the trigger down the road.

#5147 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Each to their own. Think they look ordinary. It’ll just cover up ZYs great art. I’ll save the money for the next pin.

#5148 3 years ago

I noticed my pizza spinner when I apply a little pressure to one side it slides and isn't quite level. Are we measuring the resting position of the spinner? Or do I need to make an adjustment to fix the wobbliness of it?

There's probably going to always be a bit of play in it. Just do your best to make sure it's level, otherwise it can cause airballs when balls hit the targets above it.

#5149 3 years ago

That side armor seems like a lot of money for what appears to be vinyl decals over a standard set of lollipop rails. And people say the TOPPER cost too much???

#5150 3 years ago

Two questions. One regarding plunger and one regarding the ball initially entering play.

Question #1:
I have the custom plunger with the katana handle. However, after installing it (and successfully oiling the pizza spinner - thanks for the help!) it was pretty clear it was underpowered for some reason. Balls would barely make it over halfway up.

I did some research and learned it was likely because the plunger was not striking the ball in the center. That was very helpful; it was indeed off to the right a good amount. I tried to adjust via the screws but it was nowhere close to enough to solve it. I folded up some paper and put it between the outside of the machine and the black plunger frame to change the angle. That worked to center it, but it still was not powerful enough.

I can now get the shot to occasionally go all the way around, but most of the time it doesn't. Is there something here I'm missing? The old plunger seemed a bit underpowered as well but it could go around most of the time. And folding up paper seemed pretty hacky.

Note: my slope is right in the recommended range per the bubble on the playfield.

Question #2:
When using the auto-launch, it comes off the ramp with quite a bit of variation/bounce to it, preventing the upper flipper from being able to make a good shot on a significant number of opportunities. Is this just expected for this machine, or should I be adjusting something to make that more consistent?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.