(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 240.
#4001 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Just installed a shaker on our TMNT Pro.
I still have to update to the newest code?
Is their much difference in it?

Huge difference. Dwight’s last update is centred around shaker enhancements. Pizza multiball, 123 foot and weapon skills. Do it.

#4002 3 years ago

Most notable difference for me is ninja multiball start.

Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Just installed a shaker on our TMNT Pro.
I still have to update to the newest code?
Is their much difference in it?

#4003 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Done
[quoted image]

any chance you can make a few and make them available on ebay or something? Though I see you are in Austrailia so may not be worth the shipping. I dont have those kind of skills!

#4004 3 years ago

NM. I just ordered some sheets of the polycarb. Ill try making a cardboard stencil and go from there.

#4005 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

NM. I just ordered some sheets of the polycarb. Ill try making a cardboard stencil and go from there.

I can scan both with measurements if you like. I just cut the polycarbonate with scissors. So easy. I have a craft small hole punch to start the holes and use this as a pilot to drill 4mm screw holes. The poly has protective coating on both sides. It’s thin enough that it bends to whatever attachment points you use. Downside is it needs at least 3 attachment points because it is not as thick as the PETG. It is UV resistant so hopefully does not colour. I’ve had one on the front of my turtle power ramp for a few weeks, no scratches and looks as good as the factory made shields.

Give me a hour or so and I will send the templates. I will also report to stern. Maybe they can make them out of PETG going forward.

Rob mentioned earlier that maybe only the pro has this problem. I suspect that as pro owners we don’t have the ball jump out of the left wireform Near the third flipper because our wireform is different than the premium/Le. The end of the diverter seems to be higher at that point.

#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ours works fine so far. If we think it will become an issue, we will just buy a few spares. No big deal. Game rocks! Looking forward to pinnys and tinny s this arvo!

Did you have pizza to go with those tinnies?

#4007 3 years ago

Right ramp shield design

The right post needs to be made higher with a spacer for this to work

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

42C5BA25-88E9-45B4-A14A-F6CEDBB4D8FD (resized).jpeg42C5BA25-88E9-45B4-A14A-F6CEDBB4D8FD (resized).jpeg
#4008 3 years ago

Centre ramp design. I had to trim a little of the front right to fit my krang toy which was mounted with lermods mount. Also the right rear may need a little of it so it does not hit nut to right.

0323D451-99C1-466F-A3EE-B69C271913DE (resized).jpeg0323D451-99C1-466F-A3EE-B69C271913DE (resized).jpeg
#4009 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man I've owned this game since it was available and not 1 issue on my pro. Sorry to hear so many are having problems. Super annoying when paying 7k+.
And yes the game plays fast but it fair imo

The problems aren’t that bad. Chlamydias worse.

#4010 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I can scan both with measurements if you like. I just cut the polycarbonate with scissors. So easy. I have a craft small hole punch to start the holes and use this as a pilot to drill 4mm screw holes. The poly has protective coating on both sides. It’s thin enough that it bends to whatever attachment points you use. Downside is it needs at least 3 attachment points because it is not as thick as the PETG. It is UV resistant so hopefully does not colour. I’ve had one on the front of my turtle power ramp for a few weeks, no scratches and looks as good as the factory made shields.
Give me a hour or so and I will send the templates. I will also report to stern. Maybe they can make them out of PETG going forward.
Rob mentioned earlier that maybe only the pro has this problem. I suspect that as pro owners we don’t have the ball jump out of the left wireform Near the third flipper because our wireform is different than the premium/Le. The end of the diverter seems to be higher at that point.

I have an LE and the center ramp registers only about 50% of time when hitting it with speed. My guess is it needs to be at an exact perfect pitch to avoid this...

#4011 3 years ago

Ok i just spent 2 hours playing the machine and messing with pitch tonight. Re-calibrated pinguy app and got it perfect 6.5 at flippers and level. PROBLEM SOLVED! center ramp is 100% perfect now. So i guess this machine is kind of like deadpool in that it has to be perfectly setup.

Side note. Played co-op by myself for first time. this may actually be my preferred way to play going forward. Was able to complete a bunch of episodes that way. Anyways glad I finally have this thing dialed in. I will admit I got side tracked for a week as I acquired a wonka a week ago and have been binging that....

#4012 3 years ago

For those following, I have a little more information (and questions) regarding the glider function. Working through STERN after about a dozen emails finally suggested that my glider is bad and that I need a warranty replacement thru my distributor. If your glider is acting like how any of the others have described I'd recommend going thru your distributor right away and saving a week of wasted emails.

In any case, I received the .pdf for the glider replacement instructions. At the end there is a section for calibrating the glider. The instructions make it clear that the center position and the center position only is what gets calibrated. Even though the test menu goes through the other four locations, only the center is actually calibrated. If you're having issues with balls getting stuck one way or the other you can try biasing the glider to help. I've found this somewhat useful although my glider is still behaving with issues and doesn't travel far enough to the right (even with bias) to divert from a center ramp to the left flipper.

For those with a working glider mech, can you confirm this - - after playing through the different turtles, I've found on my game that only Michaelangelo and Leonardo can operate the glider IMMEDIATELY when the ball is launched. Hitting the glider button when playing Donatello and Raphael doesn't work right away and only seems to change the diverter after a period of time has gone by (or some sequence that I haven't yet caught on to). The turtles don't call out for different ways they affect the glider. Is this a bug in the code or am I just (un)lucky that for some reason those two turtles consistently behave in the same screwed up way?

#4013 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For those following, I have a little more information (and questions) regarding the glider function. Working through STERN after about a dozen emails finally suggested that my glider is bad and that I need a warranty replacement thru my distributor. If your glider is acting like how any of the others have described I'd recommend going thru your distributor right away and saving a week of wasted emails.
In any case, I received the .pdf for the glider replacement instructions. At the end there is a section for calibrating the glider. The instructions make it clear that the center position and the center position only is what gets calibrated. Even though the test menu goes through the other four locations, only the center is actually calibrated. If you're having issues with balls getting stuck one way or the other you can try biasing the glider to help. I've found this somewhat useful although my glider is still behaving with issues and doesn't travel far enough to the right (even with bias) to divert from a center ramp to the left flipper.
For those with a working glider mech, can you confirm this - - after playing through the different turtles, I've found on my game that only Michaelangelo and Leonardo can operate the glider IMMEDIATELY when the ball is launched. Hitting the glider button when playing Donatello and Raphael doesn't work right away and only seems to change the diverter after a period of time has gone by (or some sequence that I haven't yet caught on to). The turtles don't call out for different ways they affect the glider. Is this a bug in the code or am I just (un)lucky that for some reason those two turtles consistently behave in the same screwed up way?

Yea this has been going on for some time, I have been waiting on a new glider assembly since the week after labor day, as mine quit working completely after i updated the code to 1.21 on day one. I have talked to my buddy that races RC cars about the servos. He said they can be problematic from mostly people playing with the servos before that are installed offsetting the center position and harming them. I'm not sure why they have to send a whole glider assembly, including ramps, instead of just the new servo. I was planning on taking the servo out in the next few days and get the specifics off the motor and see if i can find a replacement that will work. I assume they used the cheapest servo they could find.

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from th3_jaja:

So just an update with my LE..
I haven’t been able to replicate the problem with the van loading more than three balls since I completely emptied the van and rebooted the machine.
It’s like once the machine installed the balls again, problem has been resolved.
Has anyone else done this and had luck? When I went from 1.21 to 1.22 I literally could not do turtle power multi ball without It getting stuck, I’d then take the glass off and just move the balls that were stuck.
It wasn’t until emptying out the van manually that the problem has now gone away. Weird

Funny, I installed 1.22 last week and had a bunch of plays with no issues and then the 4 balls in the van started happening. Also had another issue where all the balls on MB would drain and it still thought it had a ball out somewhere. Would do a ball search and then i would have to turn the game off and on. After the cycle it went back to normal.. I swapped the card back out and went to the 1987 1.21 code.

#4015 3 years ago

My distributor is super backed up with GNR so my Turtles probably won't ship until the end of the week :[. I ordered a bunch of mods, and a new set of legs, lolipop rails, hinges, and a shooter plate so I can get all of that powdercoated by the time it gets here!

#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The other two use the glider to catch their weapon skill shot.

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

The other two use the glider to catch their weapon skill shot.

Sorry, but yes obviously they use the glider to stop their skill shots but that doesnt answer my question if others have found that they cant control their glider with those two characters immediately, regardless of hitting their weapon hurry up shot or not. The glider stopping the ball for whatever reason is independent of any lockdown bar action button.

#4018 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry, but yes obviously they use the glider to stop their skill shots but that doesnt answer my question if others have found that they cant control their glider with those two characters immediately, regardless of hitting their weapon hurry up shot or not. The glider stopping the ball for whatever reason is independent of any lockdown bar action button.

Actually it’s the exact answer to your question, when the weapon hurry up is over/times out you can control it , it’s not independent...

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

so what about previous to code 1.21 when you could change the calibration. If that calibration number was changed to try to fix the problem and that was not it since now we cant get into calibration is what it was changed to now stuck at that set value?

#4020 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I was planning on taking the servo out in the next few days and get the specifics off the motor and see if i can find a replacement that will work. I assume they used the cheapest servo they could find.

When you figure out what servo they used, definitely post.

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you figure out what servo they used, definitely post.

While playing tonight, I noticed something stuck to one of the balls rolling around. It was this sticker, that fell off the servo. Looked up the part number and found one on eBay for 10 bucks.

4B3CA63B-AE34-4727-A4B2-1FED85014D95.png4B3CA63B-AE34-4727-A4B2-1FED85014D95.pngC6C0932A-1130-4B2D-BB5E-C5680842E92A.jpegC6C0932A-1130-4B2D-BB5E-C5680842E92A.jpeg
#4022 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Funny, I installed 1.22 last week and had a bunch of plays with no issues and then the 4 balls in the van started happening. Also had another issue where all the balls on MB would drain and it still thought it had a ball out somewhere. Would do a ball search and then i would have to turn the game off and on. After the cycle it went back to normal.. I swapped the card back out and went to the 1987 1.21 code.

Could you please let Stern know.

The more of us that let them know, the better and faster the issue will get resolved. I love the shaker integration on the new code.

#4023 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

While playing tonight, I noticed something stuck to one of the balls rolling around. It was this sticker, that fell off the servo. Looked up the part number and found one on eBay for 10 bucks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting that!

Less than $6 from chinese suppliers in quantity. Surprise! Stern went ultra-cheap.

Here are the specs for it:
K-power-M1300_specs (resized).jpgK-power-M1300_specs (resized).jpg

Looking at the servo database there aren't a lot of servos in that package size that can put out that kind of torque. There's a $25 one that's like 5mm taller which is probably the best option, but I'm not sure it would fit.

#4024 3 years ago

Be sure to use an Analog servo in its place - fair warning.

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Be sure to use an Analog servo in its place - fair warning.

Yeah, "analog" is an important part of that spec sheet to pay attention to. Other than the aforementioned "cheap" I have no idea why Stern didn't go with a digital servo.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Actually it’s the exact answer to your question, when the weapon hurry up is over/times out you can control it , it’s not independent...

Actually, no, its not. I'm talking about before you even hit a shot with those characters, before any ramp is hit, etc. Playing Leo and Mikey the diverter is controllable as soon as you hit the action button and the ball launches. I'm trying to find out from other people if their games allow Raph and Don to control the diverter immediately as well or if it takes a while and a few shots like it appears on my game. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer...

#4027 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, "analog" is an important part of that spec sheet to pay attention to. Other than the aforementioned "cheap" I have no idea why Stern didn't go with a digital servo.

As long as they both have the same power requirements, don’t they basically do the same thing? I would think they could be swapped digital for analog as long as the additional torque from the digital servo doesn’t cause the whole assembly to fly apart.

#4028 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

As long as they both have the same power requirements, don’t they basically do the same thing? I would think they could be swapped digital for analog as long as the additional torque from the digital servo doesn’t cause the whole assembly to fly apart.

Maybe? I don't know enough about the servo nuts and bolts to say definitively having only a passing familiarity with them. I know that the circuit board converts the power input on digital servos to the needed signal, but not sure if there are other considerations for compatability.

#4029 3 years ago

I still read this thread and I feel like Prem/LE buyers have nothing but problems, especially with the last code update.
EVERY extra mech in this game was reported for not working and are still getting reported- Glider, Turtle Van and Diverter. I am just happy i was able to sell my PRO with no issues, if I would have bought a LE, I couldn't have sold the non working machine... very concerning, because the trust in the resellability is why I am buying NIB games.

#4030 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I still read this thread and I feel like Prem/LE buyers have nothing but problems, especially with the last code update.
EVERY extra mech in this game was reported for not working and are still getting reported- Glider, Turtle Van and Diverter. I am just happy i was able to sell my PRO with no issues, if I would have bought a LE, I couldn't have sold the non working machine... very concerning, because the trust in the resellability is why I am buying NIB games.

I’m not sure whether this is what the premium/Le buyers want to hear. I’m sure it will be resolved. Glad you enjoyed your game. Good luck with your future purchases! Time to move on!

Edit: seriously though, I know you have posted a lot of constructive helpful posts in the past. You have helped me out! But as for us that still have the Game and love it (my enjoyment is increasing the more I play it) we have to report these problems to stern and our distros rather than just discuss it here. The two air shields I posted have been sent to my distro to pass on to Stern. If a fix like a better servo is the solution and enough people let Stern know, than I’m sure they will fix it. As long as enough people whinge to them directly.

#4031 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know in my amh a digital sevro would not work,had to be analog

#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

My only issue was the diverter in the back of the van. I fixed it day one on my LE. The screw fell out. Stern sent me a brand new ramp because it had a mark in it from the diverter plus a stern T-shirt for my troubles. Zero issues since and 500 games later. This is My most played pin ever in our collection. It always has me coming back for one more and the kids love co-op. This pin is super fun.

#4033 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

https://www.islproducts.com/design-notes/servo-motor-fundamentals/

on this website they explain a little the differences between digtial and analog servos. They seem to be different and can not be swapped.

#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for posting that!
Less than $6 from chinese suppliers in quantity. Surprise! Stern went ultra-cheap.
Here are the specs for it:
[quoted image]
Looking at the servo database there aren't a lot of servos in that package size that can put out that kind of torque. There's a $25 one that's like 5mm taller which is probably the best option, but I'm not sure it would fit.

This is the correct part number, I took mine apart this morning. Not sure why the send the whole glider assembly as the motor isn't that hard to remove. I am looking for a good replacement today. Has to be analog and have similar specs to work. I wonder if stern is going to upgrade to a different servo and if it will have to be adjusted in the programming. Normally in RC cars the programming is tweaked by the controller. These are a metal gear servo, without having digital stops it would more than likely strip plastic gears after some use.

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Actually, no, its not. I'm talking about before you even hit a shot with those characters, before any ramp is hit, etc. Playing Leo and Mikey the diverter is controllable as soon as you hit the action button and the ball launches. I'm trying to find out from other people if their games allow Raph and Don to control the diverter immediately as well or if it takes a while and a few shots like it appears on my game. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer...

The reason it "takes a while" is because the game is coded to not allow the diverter to be controlled when it needs the diverted to be in a particular place or ready to move to a particular place, the skill shots for Don and Raph require this, its not about "a few shots" or "taking a while" its coded that way for those characters for the weapon shot. The button will be purple when the game is allowing you to control the glider. So no, the button is not some independent action in the game that always allows you to move the diverter, it also doesn't move around during pizza eating contest, also not a bug.

#4036 3 years ago

This servo (M1300) receives a digital pulse to control the position. The pulse length (between 1ms and 2ms) defines the desired position. The internal circuitry uses feedback (likely a potentiometer in this servo) to automatically control the position based on the supplied pulse. So all you have to do is send a pulse train of the appropriate pulse length and servo will move to the desired position. The good news is that the pulse range (1ms to 2ms) is pretty common for 90 degree sweep servos, so it should be possible to replace the servo with another (hopefully more reliable) model. There are several possible failure modes that could be happening. Often in cheap servos, the potentiometer goes bad and provide faulty feedback, which causes the servo to drive all the way one way or another and eventually burn of the motor or drive circuitry. Sometimes, the drive circuitry just goes bad all on its own. If you produce a pulse outside of the specified range (1m to 2ms) it will drive the motor to the range limits and potentially burn it up as well.

Note: "Servos" and "Servo motors" are two slightly different terminologies. "Servo motors" are any motors that incorporate feedback to control position, speed, acceleration. "Servos" is typically used to refer to cheap consumer grade servo motors that are typically used in RC and robotic hobby projects.

Edit: It looks like this model can actually rotate 180 degrees (~.8ms to ~2.2ms), which is still pretty common range and pulse length. Not sure how much rotation is used in this application though.

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from blackthorne:

This servo (M1300) receives a digital pulse to control the position. The pulse length (between 1ms and 2ms) defines the desired position. The internal circuitry uses feedback (likely a potentiometer in this servo) to automatically control the position based on the supplied pulse. So all you have to do is send a pulse train of the appropriate pulse length and servo will move to the desired position. The good news is that the pulse range (1ms to 2ms) is pretty common for 90 degree sweep servos, so it should be possible to replace the servo with another (hopefully more reliable) model. There are several possible failure modes that could be happening. Often in cheap servos, the potentiometer goes bad and provide faulty feedback, which causes the servo to drive all the way one way or another and eventually burn of the motor or drive circuitry. Sometimes, the drive circuitry just goes bad all on its own. If you produce a pulse outside of the specified range (1m to 2ms) it will drive the motor to the range limits and potentially burn it up as well.
Note: "Servos" and "Servo motors" are two slightly different terminologies. "Servo motors" are any motors that incorporate feedback to control position, speed, acceleration. "Servos" is typically used to refer to cheap consumer grade servo motors that are typically used in RC and robotic hobby projects.
Edit: It looks like this model can actually rotate 180 degrees (~.8ms to ~2.2ms), which is still pretty common range and pulse length. Not sure how much rotation is used in this application though.

This is correct, I just talked to HiTech servos and think I found a decent replacement. The specs are right in line with what the Chinese one is. The guy told me how to test it out. If the motor has a 120 degree field of movement and the bump stops on the glider are less than that he said it can cause the servo to fail. SO the glider at max left or right should move 60 degrees and if the movement only lets it go, to say, 57 degrees over time it can destroy the servo.. He suggested testing the new servo without the glider attached and see the range of the movement then attach and see if it lessens the range. All out its worth a $30 servo than wait on stern to send out one. I wonder if they are redesigning the glider to match the movement or just installing a new servo.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/servos/analog/sport-2/hs-645mg/product

Also I reached back out to stern and got "they are on backorder" message again. I tried to confirm whether it is a design flaw in the glider or just a junk servo. They confirmed it was a new glider assembly but not on the redesign. I ordered a new servo from amazon and it will be here Friday. We will find out... Is there anyone who has received a new glider can check the differences?

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

This is correct, I just talked to HiTech servos and think I found a decent replacement. The specs are right in line with what the Chinese one is. The guy told me how to test it out. If the motor has a 120 degree field of movement and the bump stops on the glider are less than that he said it can cause the servo to fail. SO the glider at max left or right should move 60 degrees and if the movement only lets it go, to say, 57 degrees over time it can destroy the servo.. He suggested testing the new servo without the glider attached and see the range of the movement then attach and see if it lessens the range. All out its worth a $30 servo than wait on stern to send out one. I wonder if they are redesigning the glider to match the movement or just installing a new servo.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/servos/analog/sport-2/hs-645mg/product
Also I reached back out to stern and got "they are on backorder" message again. I tried to confirm whether it is a design flaw in the glider or just a junk servo. They confirmed it was a new glider assembly but not on the redesign. I ordered a new servo from amazon and it will be here Friday. We will find out... Is there anyone who has received a new glider can check the differences?

I have no idea what the glider mechanism looks like (although I have ordered a TMNT premium), but if the servo pushes all the way to a hard stop, that could be the underlying cause of the failure. It is really difficult to push up to (but not past) a hard stop with cheap servos due to variances in their feedback potentiometers, control circuitry, and the digital resolution of the pulse generation of the external microcontroller. If the pulse length is slightly past the hardstop, the servo will continually generate an error signal and push against it while activated, which can quickly lead to failure. When I advise my students in designing servo driven mechanisms, I recommend that they either don't have hardstops, don't operate anywhere close to them, or build in compliance (bendiness) into the mechanism so that the servo itself can push past and reach equilibrium.

Again, I don't have any idea what the TMNT mechanism looks like or how they are controlling it. At the end of the day, it could just be a bad batch of servos.

#4039 3 years ago
Quoted from blackthorne:

I have no idea what the glider mechanism looks like (although I have ordered a TMNT premium), but if the servo pushes all the way to a hard stop, that could be the underlying cause of the failure. It is really difficult to push up to (but not past) a hard stop with cheap servos due to variances in their feedback potentiometers, control circuitry, and the digital resolution of the pulse generation of the external microcontroller. If the pulse length is slightly past the hardstop, the servo will continually generate an error signal and push against it while activated, which can quickly lead to failure. When I advise my students in designing servo driven mechanisms, I recommend that they either don't have hardstops, don't operate anywhere close to them, or build in compliance (bendiness) into the mechanism so that the servo itself can push past and reach equilibrium.
Again, I don't have any idea what the TMNT mechanism looks like or how they are controlling it. At the end of the day, it could just be a bad batch of servos.

After looking at mine again and the diagram on sterns manual page it looks like there are no hard stops on the assembly, it just stops when the servo maxes out so leads me to believe just a bad servo

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: So i looked there is a stop under the glider bar that in fact does hit the sides to stop the glider movement

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

After looking at mine again and the diagram on sterns manual page it looks like there are no hard stops on the assembly, it just stops when the servo maxes out so leads me to believe just a bad servo

I think the bigger issue is if the machine is sending a pulse width that's near or beyond the furthest angle that the servo can achieve. 180 degree servos usually only have about 170 degrees or fewer of actual turning radius. Each servo is going to respond differently to the factory default 'center' pulse width, so I guess at the factory they're setting the center on a servo-by-servo, machine-by-machine basis? Can anyone confirm their 'center' setting matches anyone elses?

Just by looking at the range of motion, it looks like the glider is only turning through about 90 degrees from far left to far right - which shouldn't be an issue unless the servo is mounted in a way that the left or right extreme is near the outer range of the servo. When I've pushed servos to their limits, they tend to jitter quite a bit near their outer range.

For folks that see a jittery glider, does it only jitter when it's positioned to one side and not the other?

#4041 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing completely towards the end of Turtle Power Multiball? It’s happened to me a few times now - just now when I was down to only two balls and hit the right ramp for “add a ball”, then it just completely crashed. I have a pro (not sure if that matters)

3D49A179-9305-4A22-A0E8-BF84CA2BA495 (resized).jpeg3D49A179-9305-4A22-A0E8-BF84CA2BA495 (resized).jpeg
#4042 3 years ago

I've had the freezing during TPMB twice since we've had the machine (Pro). Chalked it up to software quirk since it's happened so infrequently.

#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing completely towards the end of Turtle Power Multiball? It’s happened to me a few times now - just now when I was down to only two balls and hit the right ramp for “add a ball”, then it just completely crashed. I have a pro (not sure if that matters)
[quoted image]

Just happened to me today too. Granted I'm on my 1987 code, I'm glad to see it's not something I borked up.

#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just happened to me today too. Granted I'm on my 1987 code, I'm glad to see it's not something I borked up.

Same with me.

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

[quoted image]

Our LE has done this once. I think it is a firmware issue as our game takes a long time to fire up compared to our other Sterns.

Report it to Stern and your distro.

#4046 3 years ago

I have a Donatello Plastic that I will sell for $50. I also have the Raphael if anyone needs that as well. I went a different route with mods.

20201006_175128 (resized).jpg20201006_175128 (resized).jpg
#4047 3 years ago
Quoted from StarWarsTurtles:

I have a Donatello Plastic that I will sell for $50. I also have the Raphael if anyone needs that as well. I went a different route with mods.
[quoted image]

I recommend saving these and storing them in the goodie bag inside your cabinet. Not having them may diminish your resale value far more than $50.

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

[quoted image]

Happened to my Pro last week once after I updated the code to 1.22. No issues with that prior with 1.21.

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Happened to my Pro last week once after I updated the code to 1.22. No issues with that prior with 1.21.

in total i think i had about 3 or 4 freezes. On both codes 1.21 and 1.22. Entering Multiball seemed to trigger this for me.
But i haven't had it for a long time now.

#4050 3 years ago

I've neglected my TMNT a bit lately, but hope to get back to playing it this weekend. I had some fixing to do on Elvira, but that's all done now.

I've never had any freeze on older code. And I don't have enough time on the latest code....

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.