(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 240.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's weird. I didn't realize PU-parts was just pre-modding RSP-500-48 power supplies and selling the whole thing as a drop-in replacement. That's a very expensive way around a very easy fan replacement. at 7x the cost.

yes you are right. Would have prefered your kit.
but international Postage and opening up a power supply of warranty device, let me decide to try it this way.
well at least now i have a replacement powersupply.
I guess from the work perspective i would say the fan replacement is easier than the replacement of the whole power supply.

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

yes you are right. Would have prefered your kit.
but international Postage and opening up a power supply of warranty device, let me decide to try it this way.
well at least now i have a replacement powersupply.
I guess from the work perspective i would say the fan replacement is easier than the replacement of the whole power supply.

Now that Ministry of Pinball is expanding their Pinmonk selection to almost everything I sell (I have a large restock and expansion going out to them), it should be easier for European customers to get the stuff in Europe faster, and shipping/VAT considered, probably a little cheaper.

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Picked my turtles parts up from my powder coater yesterday! I went with illusion green ice. This is going to look sick!
[quoted image]

Well these parts turned out great!

PXL_20201127_235137451.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201127_235137451.MP (resized).jpg
#5004 3 years ago

Agreed. Looks good. Makes me with I had the green T molding too.

#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

You can change it. Search this thread.

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Looks great! How did you make this? With a vinyl cutter?

plasticbugs - Thanks! Yes, I used a Cricut machine to cut the vinyl.

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well these parts turned out great!
[quoted image]

Green armor looks amazing. I'd like to do the same thing but I think I'll have to buy new armor instead since nowhere here will powder coat.

I also have the premium translite for the pro since I like that one better.

#5008 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

I got a TMNT Pro on Friday and it came with green T moulding already. Did they not before?

#5009 3 years ago

That’s standard on pro.

Quoted from Soulstoner:

I got a TMNT Pro on Friday and it came with green T moulding already. Did they not before?

#5010 3 years ago

Finally unboxed my LE over the weekend and the pizza disc/motor is really noisy, i do remember reading somewhere about adding some grease to the shaft to reduce this noise, does anyone know the post that this was mentioned in?

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Finally unboxed my LE over the weekend and the pizza disc/motor is really noisy, i do remember reading somewhere about adding some grease to the shaft to reduce this noise, does anyone know the post that this was mentioned in?

i just got my Pro friday as well, and while the motor was loud at the beginning, after about 50-75 games or so, it's no longer noisy at all.

#5012 3 years ago

New node board arrived from Stern very quickly. Installed the board and Cowabunga insert lighting problem fixed. Quiet fan on order from Pin Monk. Getting there. Looking forward to getting this all installed and not having a to do list.

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Picked my turtles parts up from my powder coater yesterday! I went with illusion green ice. This is going to look sick!
[quoted image]

Looks good we’re did you guys buy the lollipop side rails from? I seen some at pinball life but they look like if they’re notched out by the button area not sure if those are the ones people order from.

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

New node board arrived from Stern very quickly. Installed the board and Cowabunga insert lighting problem fixed. Quiet fan on order from Pin Monk. Getting there. Looking forward to getting this all installed and not having a to do list.

Was there a part number for the board on your invoice/packing slip? If you update your post with a part number that people can call Stern for to fix the problem, I'll keypost it so people can find it that are having the same problem.

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

The Pro Model has always had Green T Molding but Premium comes with Red. Some Premium owners have swapped the Red for the more appropriate green.

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was there a part number for the board on your invoice/packing slip? If you update your post with a part number that people can call Stern for to fix the problem, I'll keypost it so people can find it that are having the same problem.

520-8446-00A is the part number for the node board with the Cowabunga insert. It's not an updated part as far as I can tell. Same P/N as the old one. No packing slip so I'm going off the printed number on the board.

#5017 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

520-8446-00A is the part number for the node board with the Cowabunga insert. It's not an updated part as far as I can tell. Same P/N as the old one. No packing slip so I'm going off the printed number on the board.

Thanks. Keyposted this.

#5018 3 years ago

So anyone else with Tron and TMNT? Which do you think is Borgs better physical layout ignoring code?

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

i just got my Pro friday as well, and while the motor was loud at the beginning, after about 50-75 games or so, it's no longer noisy at all.

great, thanks for info
cheers

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So anyone else with Tron and TMNT? Which do you think is Borgs better physical layout ignoring code?

While tron just left my collection recently, i can honestly say that with TMNT in the house, i don't miss Tron.

I think TMNT has a better layout.

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have both. However not sure I can give that helpful of an opinion because Tron is probably my favorite pin. Still, here it goes, even though their layouts are very similar the differences are significant enough to make the games feel very different. For example, there is no repeatable upper flipper loop shot on tron. There are more interesting shots on TMNT but Tron's strength is in its "simplicity." I like them both. I still prefer Tron, but I have not put anywhere near the same amount of plays and years in to TMNT yet.

Add to that two completely different rule sets (though you said to ignore code).

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would solidly go with TMNT if not for the lair shot, but with, I think I that takes enough shine off TMNT to be a toss up between the two.

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

I would solidly go with TMNT if not for the lair shot, but with, I think I that takes enough shine off TMNT to be a toss up between the two.

I know this has been asked before, but haven't seen a solid answer, how are people hitting the lair shot consistently?

I'm not one to shy away from tough shots, but I have not been able to find the angle/flipper to hit it on a regular basis. I haven't put a ton of games on it yet, but I'm getting to the point where I just hope I get a lucky bounce to trigger training.

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I know this has been asked before, but haven't seen a solid answer, how are people hitting the lair shot consistently?
I'm not one to shy away from tough shots, but I have not been able to find the angle/flipper to hit it on a regular basis. I haven't put a ton of games on it yet, but I'm getting to the point where I just hope I get a lucky bounce to trigger training.

The cross shot is very difficult, trapping on the left flipper, then a tap to get it rolling and then backhanding is more reliable, I don't think its a great shot for that reason.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Personally, I think it's a very rewarding shot when you can hit it. It's all about timing your left flipper to drop and trap the ball behind it. I can hit it with about 80% accuracy from my right flipper.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Personally, I think it's a very rewarding shot when you can hit it. It's all about timing your left flipper to drop and trap the ball behind it. I can hit it with about 80% accuracy from my right flipper.

I think it's probably my favourite shot on the machine. It's funny, because when the playfield was first revealed, I was worried it was going to be too easy to shoot it. haha

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think it's probably my favourite shot on the machine. It's funny, because when the playfield was first revealed, I was worried it was going to be too easy to shoot it. haha

I wouldn't mind it being slightly easier, but I do like it too. For some reason I can't find it consistently on my machine, but it feels really good to nail it. I am surprised how much harder it is than the Away Team shot on Star Trek being the same concept. And knock on wood, my machine hasn't Borged me yet from that shot (shouldn't have said that out loud!).

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't mind it being slightly easier, but I do like it too. For some reason I can't find it consistently on my machine, but it feels really good to nail it. I am surprised how much harder it is than the Away Team shot on Star Trek being the same concept. And knock on wood, my machine hasn't Borged me yet from that shot (shouldn't have said that out loud!).

haha! I get Borg'd every now and then when it releases, but that's why I turned on a 2 second ball saver when the lair releases.

#5029 3 years ago

I like Tron, but TMNT is superior imo. So many interesting shots, which take time to dial in properly, finding them on the flippers. Think TMNT is Borg’s best layout, even though Tron is fun too. Similar to Tron, think TMNT will be a highly sought after game on the secondary market down the road, if not already.

Lair shot: if I think aim for splitter target upper corner, seem to hit it better from right flipper. Still trying to get timing down on quick flip, roll down shot, backhanding. (That’s a mouthful lol) TMNT is better enjoyed by setting up most shots imo.

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I can usually hit it roughly 40% of the time from the right flipper, for me its all about timing the release of the left flipper so it basically keeps it from bouncing out.

#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I used to always backhand but found that it can be hit consistently from right flipper if you also release the left flipper just as the ball nears the lair to trap it in the lair. If you leave the left flipper up it will almost always bounce out coming from right flipper.

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Looks good we’re did you guys buy the lollipop side rails from? I seen some at pinball life but they look like if they’re notched out by the button area not sure if those are the ones people order from.

Yep, those are the ones! I buy the raw verison so my powder coater doesn't have to strip them.

Wrinkle Coated - https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html
Raw - https://www.pinballlife.com/raw-steel-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

#5033 3 years ago

Stern's official fix for noisy pizza disc spinning motors. Don't know if this file has been posted already.

Spinner motor oil.pdfSpinner motor oil.pdf
#5034 3 years ago

I just got word that my Premium finally shipped if anyone is waiting on one here.

#5035 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips, am now able to hit the shot with the flipper drop technique and not just ignore that mode. Will try backhanding it next.

#5036 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I just got word that my Premium finally shipped if anyone is waiting on one here.

Woot! Hopefully that means mine will be shipping soon too! Would be awesome to have it home for the Xmas holidays!

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Mine is probably on the next run. I've ordered 3 weeks ago...not before February 2021.

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Thanks for the tips, am now able to hit the shot with the flipper drop technique and not just ignore that mode. Will try backhanding it next.

Mine doesn’t bounce out since I put superbands on. I don’t have to release left flipper when aiming from right. Can hit it from left or right flipper. A tricky shot to be sure.

#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

You can watch the following part of this TMNT contest dedicated to the training shot to get some inspiration

#5040 3 years ago

Last night we got the black background on the screen and the ball lock below the van did not release the ball.
I thought this was fixed in code 1.1 ? I run the latest version. Anyone else seen this happening at the latest code ?

#5041 3 years ago

My foot spinner only registers the last couple of spins. Is this the way? (Mandalorian)

Great game, feels like x-men and tron had a baby.

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

My foot spinner only registers the last couple of spins.

Maybe the actuator of the switch needs to be adjusted to be slightly more sensitive?

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine doesn’t bounce out since I put superbands on. I don’t have to release left flipper when aiming from right. Can hit it from left or right flipper. A tricky shot to be sure.

ooohh...sounds great! What are superbands???

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Last night we got the black background on the screen and the ball lock below the van did not release the ball.
I thought this was fixed in code 1.1 ? I run the latest version. Anyone else seen this happening at the latest code ?

I have this happen still. Probably every 50 or 100 plays but always during Turtle Power MB. Has happened 4-5 times total since I got my Pro in Sep. So far just annoying and usually during a good game ):

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I have this happen still. Probably every 50 or 100 plays but always during Turtle Power MB. Has happened 4-5 times total since I got my Pro in Sep. So far just annoying and usually during a good game ):

Something similar just happened to me as well (pro 1.23 - code from factory build date nov 6), during multiball, game froze on jackpot screen (a ball was in the lair) and 4 other balls flying around, and all playfield lights went out. Then about 30 seconds later, the game rebooted on its own.

I have about 50 -75 games on it total.

hope this gets fixed...

#5046 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

ooohh...sounds great! What are superbands???

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/marco-specialties-introduces-super-bands-high-reliability-pinball-flipper-bands-from-jcs-pinball/

Go for the green ones. They behave a bit differently to rubber. I find it does not bounce the ball out of the lair.

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/marco-specialties-introduces-super-bands-high-reliability-pinball-flipper-bands-from-jcs-pinball/
Go for the green ones. They behave a bit differently to rubber. I find it does not bounce the ball out of the lair.

Is this cheating...? asking for a friend.

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Is this cheating...? asking for a friend.

Nope. Just a different feel. You can always swap them back to rubber. They give a bit of grip and allow more precise aiming. Plus they last a long time. I have them on most of my pins now. Remember they’re not permanent. If it makes the lair shot more doable why hesitate to give them a go. Pretty cheap option.

#5049 3 years ago

It is likely a beginner's question but are the small marks that we see on the playfield, with the reflection of the light, normal wear?

InkedPXL_20201202_173639336_LI (resized).jpgInkedPXL_20201202_173639336_LI (resized).jpg
#5050 3 years ago

Those are dimples. Yes, normal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.