(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 240.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Stock Rubbers and I do not know what regapping is. Apologies very new when it comes to tweaking nib

There are two leaf switches on each sling. Just bend the back leaf of each one a little more away from the front on each one so it takes more of a ball hit on the rubber in front of them to push them together and activate the sling kicker. It will make the slings less active and could help with your issue. Do this with the power off if you're new to this.

#4352 3 years ago

For the people that have received new glider mechs (premium/LE) from Stern, how long did it take for you to get yours? I've been waiting 2 months at this point for my glider mech replacement. My distributor has called Stern multiple times asking for information but all they keep telling him is "we've confirmed your need of a replacement part".

My TMNT Premium has not been fully functional since I unboxed it day one. It's really frustrating.

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For the people that have received new glider mechs (premium/LE) from Stern, how long did it take for you to get yours? I've been waiting 2 months at this point for my glider mech replacement. My distributor has called Stern multiple times asking for information but all they keep telling him is "we've confirmed your need of a replacement part".
My TMNT Premium has not been fully functional since I unboxed it day one. It's really frustrating.

Spend $30 on a better servo and get to playing. Why wait for Stern when the solution's already out there?

#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It was I wanna say like two weeks , but it was very early in production, like July timeframe.

#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spend $30 on a better servo and get to playing. Why wait for Stern when the solution's already out there?

I have no problem doing that. It looks to be a very easy servo swap. It's just the principle I guess. I spent thousands of dollars on a new game, I shouldn't have to spend another $30 to make it operate the intended way.

#4356 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Just buy a sevro like monk said to do,but you are correct,I understand Milissia at cointaker is getting a bit frustrated,I have been waiting months also but don’t care anymore,futaba sevro.

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got a link? I didn't see one in any of the indexed posts.

#4358 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Got a link? I didn't see one in any of the indexed posts.

It's in the topic index now.

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have no problem doing that. It looks to be a very easy servo swap. It's just the principle I guess. I spent thousands of dollars on a new game, I shouldn't have to spend another $30 to make it operate the intended way.

Just depends on what's more important to you, $30 and playing now, or free and waiting 2 months and counting to play at all. It sucks, but, well, Stern.

I'd just pay the $30 now and ask Stern to send me some parts I need (coil stops, etc) to cover the cost I shelled out because they couldn't send me a failed part for 2 months and counting.

#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just depends on what's more important to you, $30 and playing now, or free and waiting 2 months and counting to play at all. It sucks, but, well, Stern.
I'd just pay the $30 now and ask Stern to send me some parts I need (coil stops, etc) to cover the cost I shelled out because they couldn't send me a failed part for 2 months and counting.

My game is playable. I've been having a blast with it even though the glider is unplugged. So if I were to order that new servo, my only question is how do you know if the servo (the part that spins) is centered correctly before actually connecting it to the glider?

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game is playable. I've been having a blast with it even though the glider is unplugged. So if I were to order that new servo, my only question is how do you know if the servo (the part that spins) is centered correctly before actually connecting it to the glider?

I'd PM the person that has already made the swap for that question. Check the topic index for their post. If you document your swap with pics I'll keypost that for others that want to do the same thing.

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

There are servo testing tools you can buy pretty cheaply to center a servo. They each function pretty similarly. You will have to input 5 volts DC to them (either with a bench power supply or you could rig up 3 or 4 AA batteries to power it).

https://www.amazon.com/s

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B8AKJDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

For rigging up batteries in lieu of a proper bench power supply:
https://www.amazon.com/Ogrmar-Switch-Battery-Holder-Leads/dp/B075G8XZLM/ref=sr_1_2

How to center a servo:

#4363 3 years ago

I did the swap,may I ask in the glider test,is right left and left right facing the game also when does the game stop the ball,my new sevro is working but it seems to. Not be stoping the ball when animation is running,

#4364 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I did the swap,may I ask in the glider test,is right left and left right facing the game also when does the game stop the ball,my new sevro is working but it seems to. Not be stoping the ball when animation is running,

The servo should be centered when you receive it. They have a range of 180 degrees maximum, the game might use half of that so it shouldn't need to be perfectly centered. Don’t spin it by hand when you get it. Causes failures. The glider is facing you so it is back wards when you test it. The servo movement is from the programming of the game. I have had no issues with mine since the install. The only adjustment you can make in the menus is where the center starting position is. Everything else goes off that setting

#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I am the same, mines been down since the beginning of Sept and still no word. Only answer I get from stern is they are on backorder. Sucks to have to spend $30 on a brand new game to fix it but to me it was worth getting it to play properly and i guess i will have a whole new glider sitting in a box at some point.

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

The servo should be centered when you receive it. They have a range of 120 degrees, the game might use half of that so it shouldn't need to be perfectly centered. Don’t spin it by hand when you get it. Causes failures. The glider is facing you so it is back wards when you test it. The servo movement is from the programming of the game. I have had no issues with mine since the install. The only adjustment you can make in the menus is where the center starting position is. Everything else goes off that setting

#4367 3 years ago

Hey guys so I was able to get my left outlane under control. Last pressing issue is the amount of sdtm drains and balls halfway getting up the ramp. Can this be fixed by adjusting the pitch?

#4368 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys so I was able to get my left outlane under control. Last pressing issue is the amount of sdtm drains and balls halfway getting up the ramp. Can this be fixed by adjusting the pitch?

what did you end up doing to the left Outlane?

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I am the same, mines been down since the beginning of Sept and still no word. Only answer I get from stern is they are on backorder. Sucks to have to spend $30 on a brand new game to fix it but to me it was worth getting it to play properly and i guess i will have a whole new glider sitting in a box at some point.

Unless they make us return the old glider

#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

what did you end up doing to the left Outlane?

I put a 1/2 inch bumper pad on the left side. You can get a pack at home depot for 3 bucks. It truly is a shame how that left outlane is ruining some many people's enjoyment.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Install the servo motor, then go into diagnostics and make sure glider coil pram (servo) is centered on 188 (factory setting). Then install glider so it’s centered between the two wire forms going north to south. The center adjustment is the only one you can actually make in diagnostics. Since you’ve set it to 188 and centered between the 2 wire forms, all should be good.

#4373 3 years ago

Looking for some help. Im running into an issue with auto-eject.

After the ball save ends during a multiball , the game attempts to fill the turtle van by auto-ejecting balls. They’re only making it halfway up the ramp and fall back in play. It makes the multiball last forever because the van never gets filled (unless I hit the right ramp).

Does anyone know a fix for this? My auto eject setting is set to max.

#4374 3 years ago

My glider was mostly working, but had two issues:

1. It was "glitchy" or "jittery", as in, it would never stay still in one spot. Most of the time it worked but this would sometimes cause balls to not stop there at the glider when they were supposed to.

2. The glider mech itself felt loose/droopy. This would sometimes cause it to get stuck or for the ball to get stuck as it would lock into place and stop moving.

Sadly, the only way to tighten up the assembly is to completely take it apart (which would address #2)

My Distro said that since the diverter still basically worked, they couldnt get another from Stern.. fun.

How complicated could this be? I dinked around with servo's growing up in my RC cars and planes. So I figured I would give it a shot. This is the one I ended up ordering from Amazon. Not sure if I would suggest this one for others due to the issues I had (see below).

20201026_123449 (resized).jpg20201026_123449 (resized).jpg

First thing I had to do was locate where it plugs in underneath. I had to cut away the heat shrink tube to get to the plug, which is basically your standard servo plug you will find on basically any model.

20201026_113507 (resized).jpg20201026_113507 (resized).jpg

This is the original servo from the machine:

20201026_211535 (resized).jpg20201026_211535 (resized).jpg

Taking the glider assembly off itself was actually pretty straight forward. Remove the lower habbitrails, remove the 3 screws on the platform and slide it out (pulling the plugs out from the pops with it). I was able to install the new servo easily. I did move the armature off the old one to the new one (the new one had a different size on it and while it was close, i figured this would mess with the positioning of the glider).

20201026_151414 (resized).jpg20201026_151414 (resized).jpg

Installed the assembly back into the machine, I made sure to tighten things up this time to get rid of the slack/droop. plugged it in and bam.. it worked! but wait, it was moving backwards. In the glider test, moving left made the glider move right, etc. I had everything wired up right. Maybe I ordered the wrong servo? (seems odd tho..)

Did anyone else who did this run into this problem? curious to know.

I figured.. well, a servo is just a DC motor with a potentiometer. I assumed you could reverse the polarity to the motor and swap the leads on either side of the potentiometer and I would be back in business having it turn the correct way.

20201026_192939 (resized).jpg20201026_192939 (resized).jpg

Annoying to do, but it worked!

Both issues are now solved for me. With everything tightened up, there is no droop or slack and the new servo got rid of the weird glitchy/jerky behavior.

#4375 3 years ago

While i was repairing the glider I went ahead and swapped the rubber out for titans. I was going to go purple for the rings and posts and green for the flippers but was recently at a buddies house who had clear rings and I just really liked how the light passed through them. For the posts I went with blue in front of the right ramp and red else where, for whatever reason I just really liked how those colors worked.

There are a few spots left in the back I will swap the first time I do a major shop job on this thing (the damn glider fix just took too much out of me, lol)

20201026_204527 (resized).jpg20201026_204527 (resized).jpg20201026_204551 (resized).jpg20201026_204551 (resized).jpg
#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Looking for some help. Im running into an issue with auto-eject.
After the ball save ends during a multiball , the game attempts to fill the turtle van by auto-ejecting balls. They’re only making it halfway up the ramp and fall back in play. It makes the multiball last forever because the van never gets filled (unless I hit the right ramp).
Does anyone know a fix for this? My auto eject setting is set to max.

If your auto eject is set to the max, check the coil, spring, etc. see if something is binding or keeping it from moving/working smoothly.

#4377 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

They’re only making it halfway up the ramp

Id check that the auto-launch mech is properly aligned and the screws aren't loose. Launched balls could be rattling around after launching.

Also, it may seem counter-intuitive but the launch power could also be TOO high, if the ball gets air when entering the plastic ramp it might rattle around there as well.

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

You have to remember the pro disc only spins one direction which probably the root cause, the premiums and LE spin both ways which I think helps it a lot more.
I personally own a premium I can’t complain about STDM drains on the Contrary it has save me many times.

Hmm..isn’t this solved by just wiring the motor the other way? Get a reverse spin...and less SDTMs?

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

My glider was mostly working, but had two issues:
1. It was "glitchy" or "jittery", as in, it would never stay still in one spot. Most of the time it worked but this would sometimes cause balls to not stop there at the glider when they were supposed to.
2. The glider mech itself felt loose/droopy. This would sometimes cause it to get stuck or for the ball to get stuck as it would lock into place and stop moving.
Sadly, the only way to tighten up the assembly is to completely take it apart (which would address #2)
My Distro said that since the diverter still basically worked, they couldnt get another from Stern.. fun.
How complicated could this be? I dinked around with servo's growing up in my RC cars and planes. So I figured I would give it a shot. This is the one I ended up ordering from Amazon. Not sure if I would suggest this one for others due to the issues I had (see below).
[quoted image]
First thing I had to do was locate where it plugs in underneath. I had to cut away the heat shrink tube to get to the plug, which is basically your standard servo plug you will find on basically any model.
[quoted image]
This is the original servo from the machine:
[quoted image]
Taking the glider assembly off itself was actually pretty straight forward. Remove the lower habbitrails, remove the 3 screws on the platform and slide it out (pulling the plugs out from the pops with it). I was able to install the new servo easily. I did move the armature off the old one to the new one (the new one had a different size on it and while it was close, i figured this would mess with the positioning of the glider).
[quoted image]
Installed the assembly back into the machine, I made sure to tighten things up this time to get rid of the slack/droop. plugged it in and bam.. it worked! but wait, it was moving backwards. In the glider test, moving left made the glider move right, etc. I had everything wired up right. Maybe I ordered the wrong servo? (seems odd tho..)
Did anyone else who did this run into this problem? curious to know.
I figured.. well, a servo is just a DC motor with a potentiometer. I assumed you could reverse the polarity to the motor and swap the leads on either side of the potentiometer and I would be back in business having it turn the correct way.
[quoted image]
Annoying to do, but it worked!
Both issues are now solved for me. With everything tightened up, there is no droop or slack and the new servo got rid of the weird glitchy/jerky behavior.

It's not backwards, the gilder faces you so I would assume it would be opposite. If you are sitting in a car the drivers side is always the left side of the car no matter what direction its facing. So the gilder is facing you which means it would be opposite. Someone with a stock glider should be able to verify this. As for that servo you may have some issues down the road. The 422 you used has plastic gears and the stock one (and the replacement 645 I contacted Hi tech about) has metal. Not sure how that will play on the life of the one you installed but overall a great write up

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

It's not backwards, the gilder faces you so I would assume it would be opposite. If you are sitting in a car the drivers side is always the left side of the car no matter what direction its facing. So the gilder is facing you which means it would be opposite. Someone with a stock glider should be able to verify this. As for that servo you may have some issues down the road. The 422 you used has plastic gears and the stock one (and the replacement 645 I contacted Hi tech about) has metal. Not sure how that will play on the life of the one you installed but overall a great write up

I confirmed the motion was backwards by plugging in both servo's and running through the glider tests. Still dont know why but just happy everything works now. I don't see those plastic gears taking that much of a beating in my use case but yeah, i get it, metal gears would have been preferred. At least I know its a pretty easy swap now in case i switch it out with a different one down the road.

#4381 3 years ago

I confirmed the motion was backwards by plugging in both servo's and running through the glider tests. Still dont know why but just happy everything works now. I don't see those plastic gears taking that much of a beating in my use case but yeah, i get it, metal gears would have been preferred. At least I know its a pretty easy swap now in case i switch it out with a different one down the road.

Awesome, my old servo was inop so I couldnt test that. might be as simple as swapping the two signal wires on the pigtail but not sure. Also looked and there is a thing called a servo signal reverser. Maybe that is what that board is that is plugged into the wiring.....

#4382 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Awesome, my old servo was inop so I couldnt test that. might be as simple as swapping the two signal wires on the pigtail but not sure. Also looked and there is a thing called a servo signal reverser. Maybe that is what that board is that is plugged into the wiring.....

Can you do me a favor to solve my curiosity? can you go into the glider test, when you move it to the left is the glider rotating to the left side (left habitrail)?

#4383 3 years ago

Can you do me a favor to solve my curiosity? can you go into the glider test, when you move it to the left is the glider rotating to the left side (left habitrail)?

Sure i can look at it when i get home. Mine hasnt worked since i got my machine, can you tell me how the glider functions outside of changing diverters? I know there is some type of ball hold or something and you can stack points when the left ramp is flashing purple i think. Anyways if you can tell me the sequence to get the glider to hold the ball for a second i will test that also.

#4384 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Sure i can look at it when i get home. Mine hasnt worked since i got my machine, can you tell me how the glider functions outside of changing diverters? I know there is some type of ball hold or something and you can stack points when the left ramp is flashing purple i think. Anyways if you can tell me the sequence to get the glider to hold the ball for a second i will test that also.

You can build the glider value when that light is lit above the left ramp (and then collect on the right)

But as far as the diverter stopping/holding the ball, the best test would be Raphael's skill shot (left ramp) when you shoot that, the diverter should move to the left side and stop/hold the ball briefly before releasing it.

#4385 3 years ago

This thread has turned into a tmnt issues thread . Sucks, makes our games look like huge failures. I’ve had zero issues with my le and have well over 1000 games played.
Cowabunga issues thread,not so much hype anymore. Ha

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

This thread has turned into a tmnt issues thread . Sucks, makes our games look like huge failures. I’ve had zero issues with my le and have well over 1000 games played.

I don't see it that way. Just owners helping owners. Compared to other modern stern titles (GB comes to mind) I actually feel that Stern TMNT's issues are actually not too bad. Code could use a little more polish and a few tweaks but other than that, I think it's in pretty decent shape.

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

It does kinda feel that way. I'm in the process of getting one. But the amount if things that come up in here does have me a little nervous. Especially with it being my first pin. My lack of knowledge sort of has me a bit worried on if I'll have to fix something right away. But it's a dream theme of mine so there is no other title for me until I have this one first.

But just like with anything, the negative or issues always show up on the forums. The people with no issues aren't going to the forum every day to reiterate that their game is working perfectly.

#4388 3 years ago

I don't see it that way. Just owners helping owners. Compared to other modern stern titles (GB comes to mind) I actually feel that Stern TMNT's issues are actually not too bad. Code could use a little more polish and a few tweaks but other than that, I think it's in pretty decent shape.

I'm with you, glider inop which sucks but other than that no issues for me. A code update for the MB issue and put some decent balls in it just to not have magnetized issues. There were some playfield issues on some early pros which shouldn't happen anymore. I think any machine that has steel ball flying through it bouncing off stuff will always have some problems. Still one of my favorite machines. I would rather work on this machine any day compared to any EM machine haha.

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

It does kinda feel that way. I'm in the process of getting one. But the amount if things that come up in here does have me a little nervous. Especially with it being my first pin. My lack of knowledge sort of has me a bit worried on if I'll have to fix something right away. But it's a dream theme of mine so there is no other title for me until I have this one first.
But just like with anything, the negative or issues always show up on the forums. The people with no issues aren't going to the forum every day to reiterate that their game is working perfectly.

Besides changing the balls to ones that cant get magnetized the Pro model is issue free, for me at least.

#4390 3 years ago

Still happy to report, ZERO issues with my premium and still one of my favorite games of all time.

#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

No mater what title you choose for your first, issues will come up, repairs will be needed. That is just pinball. As long as your willing to learn and occasionally roll your sleeves up to tweak something you'll be fine. It's an awesome hobby to get in to, just space consuming and expensive, lol.

#4392 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:No mater what title you choose for your first, issues will come up, repairs will be needed. That is just pinball. As long as your willing to learn and occasionally roll your sleeves up to tweak something you'll be fine. It's an awesome hobby to get in to, just space consuming and expensive, lol.

and don't forget the supportive threads for issues
here again the circle closes again. i was so much afraid to buy my first pin (Munsters). I had a friend who could help me out. But with the help of pinside i was able to fix everything on my own on the pins.

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I ask also about the new sevro being backwards,left is right and right is left but I plugged in my working orginal sevro and it behaves the same.

#4394 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our distro informed us that Stern are aware of the Van loading issue and will address in the next code update.

Unfortunately, I was wrong indeed! Even with the "receiver board" replaced, the issues has returned on software 1.22 and 4 balls are loaded into the van again (during TP MB and during Pizza MB, if it uses the balls from the van (gummi bear toppings)).

Looking forward to the next software update..

#4395 3 years ago

No mater what title you choose for your first, issues will come up, repairs will be needed. That is just pinball. As long as your willing to learn and occasionally roll your sleeves up to tweak something you'll be fine. It's an awesome hobby to get in to, just space consuming and expensive, lol.

One more reason to go for TMNT: Just today I played my Game of Thrones again and it made me realize how much TMNT has improved my pinball skills in just a few weeks, because it forces you to. GoT is a lot more forgiving on bad aim and random shooting. With my new "Ninja Skillz", I scored 1bn on GoT straight away in my first game after 4 weeks (GC is 3.5bn)

#4396 3 years ago

TMNT is a challenging game but I do feel like I'm improving every time I play it. I have had ZERO issues with my PRO and have no regrets going with it over the Premium/LE.

#4397 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

TMNT is a challenging game but I do feel like I'm improving every time I play it. I have had ZERO issues with my PRO and have no regrets going with it over the Premium/LE.

You ever get a replacement playfield?

#4398 3 years ago

Far right in test points the back of the glider towards the van. Far left toward Krang

#4399 3 years ago

You can build the glider value when that light is lit above the left ramp (and then collect on the right)
But as far as the diverter stopping/holding the ball, the best test would be Raphael's skill shot (left ramp) when you shoot that, the diverter should move to the left side and stop/hold the ball briefly before releasing it.

If that is the case, When i hit the Ralph shot the glider goes to mid right which is the opposite ramp. Looks like the servo is backwards, I will look into options.

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Far right in test points the back of the glider towards the van. Far left toward Krang

Ok, same behavior I saw. So i assume, if you start a game with Raphael and shoot the left ramp, instead of pointing towards the VAN to stop the ball, it will point to Krang instead. Can you confirm? if so then this is the backwards behavior I had to address with my new servo.

Edit: you beat me to the punch, heh. Looks like your servo is acting the same as mine before I modified it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.