(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 240.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

This happens to me also.

Same here and it's boring

#2352 3 years ago

anyone added a shaker to a pro yet? curious if it has much use in the current code.

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone added a shaker to a pro yet? curious if it has much use in the current code.

Im not going for a shaker on this one... dwights usual coding efforts with shakers is passable at best... save some coin is my advice.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I did. Original code did not have much use, but current code it does a lot. I would recommend it.

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yup got mine from Jason too, infact last 4 from him. He has been very good with extra packaging.

That’s true care from a distributor. Amazing.

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I fking love shakers and I put them on any game i can. The shaker integration is straight garbage(at least on this current code). First time ive ever thought about disabling.

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I did. Original code did not have much use, but current code it does a lot. I would recommend it.

Yep, have one from cointaker on mine. It’s pretty active. When the disc is spinning shaker is active, nice effect.

#2358 3 years ago

I'm guessing the hole under the start button is for a tournament button? If this is the case any suggestions on an actual button? I would want a round one to match the start button. I looked around and could only find square shaped ones.

#2359 3 years ago

Anyone have a good resource for rules overview or tutorial? I'm having a hard time focusing on figuring it out on my own. Videos preferred as I find written rules lack some nuance and descriptive insights.

#2360 3 years ago

One of things I love about this game is that the peg in the orbit is player controlled (most of the time). When you hold the left flipper in the peg is down and allows balls to complete the orbit for shots with the upper flipper. Starting multiballs lately find myself frantically allowing some to pass for shots and others to complete the upper lanes for bonus x and to slow down/enter the pops. Allowing it to be player controlled adds a deeper layer to the gameplay and strategy in a frantic game. So good.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a good resource for rules overview or tutorial? I'm having a hard time focusing on figuring it out on my own. Videos preferred as I find written rules lack some nuance and descriptive insights.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet-early-wip/6599

These are the best out there and they are pretty comprehensive (especially the tiltforums post).

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I'm guessing the hole under the start button is for a tournament button? If this is the case any suggestions on an actual button? I would want a round one to match the start button. I looked around and could only find square shaped ones.

I'm putting an external volume control in that hole.

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Awesome! Really appreciate the dedication. It seriously is a perfect fit and must have mod for anyone that grew up playing the arcade/Nintendo games. You have no idea how happy this makes me. Thanks delt31 for all the hard work. Keep us posted

Updated LE/Prem code is ready to go!

#2364 3 years ago

only topper needed

tmnt3 (resized).JPGtmnt3 (resized).JPGtmnt (resized).JPGtmnt (resized).JPGtmnt2 (resized).JPGtmnt2 (resized).JPG
#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

only topper needed [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your machine looks great. Do you have a drain led strip in there. Also where did you get those ramp flasher covers. I think I want to ditch the white as they are too bright. Love the powder coat too. Great work!!!

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Your machine looks great. Do you have a drain led strip in there. Also where did you get those ramp flasher covers. I think I want to ditch the white as they are too bright. Love the powder coat too. Great work!!!

no, no drain led strip, i see not need for it. i bought the flasher covers here in germany https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/flasherkappen/29223/flasherkappe-mini-gruen

you have to cut one side.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

I'm putting an external volume control in that hole.

I was going to grab the headphone jack/volume control that fits in the bill validator slot. I kinda like the idea of a tourney button, I just want a round one

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

nm someone already helped you.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated LE/Prem code is ready to go!

Is there a link for me to download it?

#2370 3 years ago

Pinmonk sells that flasher cover in the US.

Quoted from FNwoz:

#2371 3 years ago

Confirmed that Stern shipped my TMNT Premium to my distributor yesterday, with a current ETA of this Wednesday, Aug 19th.

We're almost there, Premiumers!

dozens (resized).jpgdozens (resized).jpg
#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Confirmed that Stern shipped my TMNT Premium to my distributor yesterday, with a current ETA of this Wednesday, Aug 19th.
We're almost there, Premiumers!
[quoted image]

Premiumers Unite!

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

One of things I love about this game is that the peg in the orbit is player controlled (most of the time). When you hold the left flipper in the peg is down and allows balls to complete the orbit for shots with the upper flipper. Starting multiballs lately find myself frantically allowing some to pass for shots and others to complete the upper lanes for bonus x and to slow down/enter the pops. Allowing it to be player controlled adds a deeper layer to the gameplay and strategy in a frantic game. So good.

Really? That’s cool. Normally it’s only reserved for super skill shots on launch- I’ve never seen it implemented mid game.

#2374 3 years ago

Really debating between a premium vs pro on this title. Van is really cool, but pro seems to offer plenty for a couple thousand less. It’s a dream theme, but Is code deep enough for a 5 pin collection? Seems like it’s been easier for guys to beat the game already.

Going between this and jp2, sw premium, or wait for gnr. Thoughts?

#2375 3 years ago

I'm in the club! Received my Pro yesterday along with side blades and shaker motor. Manufacture date is Aug 4th with 1.11.0 code. The pizza spinner does grind, otherwise smooth as butter and I'm ecstatic. I posted this video of the delivery and setup too

https://twitter.com/NeilDavidCarter/status/1294376402603499521?s=20

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Is there a link for me to download it?

Pm if interested

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Really debating between a premium vs pro on this title. Van is really cool, but pro seems to offer plenty for a couple thousand less. It’s a dream theme, but Is code deep enough for a 5 pin collection? Seems like it’s been easier for guys to beat the game already.

If your looking at a premium or pro then I would wait for GnR to be revealed (that’s if it’s going to be revealed in the next month or 2 max) giving you the most choice before you take the plunge.

No need to rush with pros or premiums Stern will be producing JP3 and TMNT for the next 2-4 years.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Mine doesn’t play easier. I am a decent player who’s been to the Wizard mode on almost every game I’ve owned. I think I must setup my pins more challenging than everyone here because I haven’t gotten to the Wizard mode yet in several hundred plays.

My high score on 1.11 is 45M and I only got to Team Up. That said I’m trying to train up and do April Hurry UPs.

I want to know if anyone has seen Cowabunga because that actually seems impossible.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If your looking at a premium or pro then I would wait for GnR to be revealed (that’s if it’s going to be revealed in the next month or 2 max) giving you the most choice before you take the plunge.
No need to rush with pros or premiums Stern will be producing JP3 and TMNT for the next 2-4 years.

What is this “GnR?” If it’s the next new Stern reveal, I’m quite intrigued!

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

What is this “GnR?” If it’s the next new Stern reveal, I’m quite intrigued!

Guns and Roses. Not announced officially but rumored to be the next JJP title.

#2381 3 years ago

Installed the art blades on my pro. Really adds some extra appeal. They were a bit of a pain to install but worth it.

15B23EC4-D45C-4D28-9D3B-33F2B3AB2864 (resized).jpeg15B23EC4-D45C-4D28-9D3B-33F2B3AB2864 (resized).jpeg55DD5236-F331-4A68-93AC-D0EC30466790 (resized).jpeg55DD5236-F331-4A68-93AC-D0EC30466790 (resized).jpegED6988B2-88AD-411F-9C7C-9D4973D9941E (resized).jpegED6988B2-88AD-411F-9C7C-9D4973D9941E (resized).jpeg
#2382 3 years ago

Looks like my premium will be shipping soon also!!

Excited to join the club

DA3E241F-1E86-431A-B26A-A1EE352E97FF (resized).jpegDA3E241F-1E86-431A-B26A-A1EE352E97FF (resized).jpeg
#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Guns and Roses. Not announced officially but rumored to be the next JJP title.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

You have a couple of different tourney button options. There is the official Stern offering. As you said, it is square and even more off putting is how bulky it is and the way it protrudes out from the cabinet. It's obvious that it was not made for the current cabinets and I'm still hoping they will redesign them to look right on the current cabinet type.

The other option is an aftermarket button sold by someone here on pinside. It is round and looks much more fitting with the current cabinet type. The issue with it is...it doesn't fit and requires that you bore out the tourney button hole in your cabinet to make it fit. It seems a bit pricey too....but what really put me off was the idea of having to bore out the tournet button hole and therefore taking away any chance of going back to the plug or even one of the other aftermarket things you can normally install in that tourney button hole.

So I'm waiting for a more (visually) fitting Stern button or more (physically) fitting aftermarket button.

#2386 3 years ago

would be cool if they did a topper like BK with Shredders head or maybe like the Technodrome or something. or rip and it's like jp

#2387 3 years ago

Cool. I got this. Bought it from someone here on pinside not sure if they still make them. Pinvol I think is the brand.

Screenshot_20200814-111636_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200814-111636_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2388 3 years ago

We were playing 2 against 2 here but we would really like a cooperative mode 2vs2 so 2 people share progress vs 2 other people that share progress (instead of just sharing points)...

#2389 3 years ago

Premiums come out to play-ay! Premiums come out to play-ay!

62F19A9F-3560-4BC4-A18F-914694B9C72B (resized).jpeg62F19A9F-3560-4BC4-A18F-914694B9C72B (resized).jpeg
#2390 3 years ago

I noticed the left outlane seemed to be getting a number of drains. Especially on shots bounced off the April target. I checked audits. 64 left drains vs 19 right. 151 center. 234 balls played.

I added a black rubber drawer stop to the inside left rail as shown. Played a few more games, but I'll have to play a bunch more. It seems to have cut the left drains down from what I can see. ( I had also test bounced a ball into that lane several times by hand before I resumed play )

Looks like it helped. As the side rail is metal it is easy to put on or remove this new "lane bumper". The bumper could have edges trimmed to a circular shape if you're fussy. I hadn't cleaned the face of the bumper either before installing it. I'm sure it can be trimmed and cleaned to look almost factory... If you are annoyed with too many drains on the left outlane this might be worth a try.

left outlane 1 (resized).JPGleft outlane 1 (resized).JPGleft outlane 2 (resized).JPGleft outlane 2 (resized).JPG Added over 4 years ago:

Update : After adding the bumper it has evened out Left and Right drains.

The next 104 balls played - 16 left, 17 right, and 71 center drains.

Looks like this has worked.

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

Cool. I got this. Bought it from someone here on pinside not sure if they still make them. Pinvol I think is the brand.[quoted image]

That's how i had to do the volume in Metallica. I like having the headphone jack and knob but the toggle was the only option for SAM games. But yea you can still buy those. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00

Pinball Life is my go to for just about everything. They sell a cheaper shaker motor that works great.

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

That's how i had to do the volume in Metallica. I like having the headphone jack and knob but the toggle was the only option for SAM games. But yea you can still buy those. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00
Pinball Life is my go to for just about everything. They sell a cheaper shaker motor that works great.

The keyless lock from pinballlife is a cheap $5 alternative to external volume control. Slightly more work to adjust volume, obviously not a good choice with young children.

15975050333167056654212291301422 (resized).jpg15975050333167056654212291301422 (resized).jpg

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The keyless lock from pinballlife is a cheap $5 alternative to external volume control. Slightly more work to adjust volume, obviously not a good choice with young children.
[quoted image]

Disable the interlock switch too so you can do this mid game without losing the flippers.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disable the interlock switch too so you can do this mid game without losing the flippers.

Oh man! Did not realize this was a possibility - is that a setting in utility? Or do you need to adjust wiring?

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

As

As a follow up i want to complete my posting.
I realigned the left orbit for a better upper flipper feed, its perfect now. Caution, just drill new holes into the playfield if you know what you are doi!
The best and easiest thing i did is the airball protector on the right ramp. It is important to screw it on both sides of the ramp so it will stabilize the whole ramp and the Training sign with the switch will not rumble and it cant be hit from flying balls. I can't believe how smooth that ramp feels now, rock solid but like silk. if you build one too, make sure you take material you can bend with hot water (PETG for example), because attachment on the bottom is too high for a straight piece. Do not screw it to the rubber posts that will be too low for fast balls!
Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for the tip of the airballs, i have problem on the right ramp too. A lot of airballs there.
I put something similar there like you have done, it seems to be helping very much

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Oh man! Did not realize this was a possibility - is that a setting in utility? Or do you need to adjust wiring?

Just put a flipper rubber over it. Haha

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2397 3 years ago

Hey folks.
So my glider Mech went on my turtles LE rather Early.
I went to do the update and it said Nodes
1, 8, 9 were out? Or couldn’t find them.
Is this due to the Gloder or something else?

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You have a couple of different tourney button options. There is the official Stern offering. As you said, it is square and even more off putting is how bulky it is and the way it protrudes out from the cabinet. It's obvious that it was not made for the current cabinets and I'm still hoping they will redesign them to look right on the current cabinet type.
The other option is an aftermarket button sold by someone here on pinside. It is round and looks much more fitting with the current cabinet type. The issue with it is...it doesn't fit and requires that you bore out the tourney button hole in your cabinet to make it fit. It seems a bit pricey too....but what really put me off was the idea of having to bore out the tournet button hole and therefore taking away any chance of going back to the plug or even one of the other aftermarket things you can normally install in that tourney button hole.
So I'm waiting for a more (visually) fitting Stern button or more (physically) fitting aftermarket button.

It looks like I'll be waiting as well. Thanks for the reply!

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Hey folks.
So my glider Mech went on my turtles LE rather Early.
I went to do the update and it said Nodes
1, 8, 9 were out? Or couldn’t find them.
Is this due to the Gloder or something else?

Was the coin door open?

#2400 3 years ago

Anyone see this before? What is this “dirt” on my playfield and how could it have gotten on it? The balls were cleaned beforehand.

C0575272-D6F6-46F8-B2C8-B906F777F8CC (resized).jpegC0575272-D6F6-46F8-B2C8-B906F777F8CC (resized).jpegFBC344D1-A3D6-4774-8C80-13DA4331BB07 (resized).jpegFBC344D1-A3D6-4774-8C80-13DA4331BB07 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.