(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 240.
#6001 3 years ago

....so close man....so damn close

5462AA1E-C9BD-408D-A6A5-9E32C93B56FB (resized).jpeg5462AA1E-C9BD-408D-A6A5-9E32C93B56FB (resized).jpeg
#6002 3 years ago

I know lots of people have had servo issues with the glider, but in scanning peoples issues I am not seeing someone who had the same issue I am currently having. Now matter where I manually move the glider to the game is pushing the glider all the way to the left. Further then I feel like it normally would.

#6003 3 years ago

Anyone have the right ramp reject at the wire? Any kind of entrance projector to prevent it?

#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

....so close man....so damn close [quoted image]

Congrats. You actually completed the hardest parts (Max Krang, Triple Mondo!)! You'll be there soon.

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

4-player co-op?

#6006 3 years ago

New owner of about a week here. This game is brutal and I love it! I plan to start diving into the rules a little now that my boys and I have smashed around on it a bit and gotten used to it a bit.

Here is a little something from my other hobby/profession celebrating the greatness of the Turtles - https://fb.watch/3Fp7IYF3F4/

#6007 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Congrats. You actually completed the hardest parts (Max Krang, Triple Mondo!)! You'll be there soon.

I was just about to say that. You ain't lying! If he's pulling those two off, Final Battle should be no sweat, then on to Cowabunga!

I have hit Final Battle a dozen times or so (can't believe Dwight hasn't fixed the sound bug yet... :/ ). I have only done triple mondo once or twice, and I'm not sure I have ever gotten max Krang. Definitely not in the same game! The side shots are really hard for me to make consistently.

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

A few days ago I started a 4-player coop game with myself and I got to Cowabunga on ball 2 of player 3! First time ever for me. Too bad I had no idea how the mode worked and proceeded to fudge it on each player lol. I still haven't beaten the team up mode though, the most I've rescued is two turtles. Plenty to work on with this game

#6010 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was just about to say that. You ain't lying! If he's pulling those two off, Final Battle should be no sweat, then on to Cowabunga!
I have hit Final Battle a dozen times or so (can't believe Dwight hasn't fixed the sound bug yet... :/ ). I have only done triple mondo once or twice, and I'm not sure I have ever gotten max Krang. Definitely not in the same game! The side shots are really hard for me to make consistently.

I scuffed way too many modes. My high score in 3 ball play is around 56 million, I’ve come close in that to cowabunga as well but not as close as I was here to having everything and one mode away from final battle.....I just want to see the damn thing

#6011 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

A few days ago I started a 4-player coop game with myself and I got to Cowabunga on ball 2 of player 3! First time ever for me. Too bad I had no idea how the mode worked and proceeded to fudge it on each player lol. I still haven't beaten the team up mode though, the most I've rescued is two turtles. Plenty to work on with this game

On ball 2! That is awesome dude you must have been killing the modes.

Absolutely man, it’s no slouch getting to final battle or cowabunga even in coop. Team up is a difficult little wizard. I’ve only been able to save two turtles as well.

#6012 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

New owner of about a week here. This game is brutal and I love it! I plan to start diving into the rules a little now that my boys and I have smashed around on it a bit and gotten used to it a bit.
Here is a little something from my other hobby/profession celebrating the greatness of the Turtles - https://fb.watch/3Fp7IYF3F4/

Congrats, you’re going to get a lot out of turtles, it’s a very deep and challenging game.

#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

On ball 2! That is awesome dude you must have been killing the modes.
Absolutely man, it’s no slouch getting to final battle or cowabunga even in coop. Team up is a difficult little wizard. I’ve only been able to save two turtles as well.

Well the momentum definitely comes and goes. Of all the characters, I was only able to get to cowabunga with two of them since for each character you have to play the wizard modes in order. Pretty sure I drained during team up and final battle on two of the other characters. Guess I'll have to fulfill my promise on the 1987 code and make videos for cowabunga mode now...

#6014 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I know lots of people have had servo issues with the glider, but in scanning peoples issues I am not seeing someone who had the same issue I am currently having. Now matter where I manually move the glider to the game is pushing the glider all the way to the left. Further then I feel like it normally would.

Can you post a video? Hard to visualize this.

#6015 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone have the right ramp reject at the wire? Any kind of entrance projector to prevent it?

some people made a protector like in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/50#post-5800700

i had the same problem, but with the protector it vanished.

#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

some people made a protector like in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/50#post-5800700
i had the same problem, but with the protector it vanished.

I need something like this.
Mine never rejects at the wire but it does seem to make contact with the sign sometimes, enough that I worry about it over time.

#6017 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I need something like this.
Mine never rejects at the wire but it does seem to make contact with the sign sometimes, enough that I worry about it over time.

yes it it stabilizes the ramp also, because it is making a connection on top. and it prevents balls hitting the sign or the wireform in an unusual way.
if you search protector in this thread you can find i think 2-3 solutions posted.

#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

yes it it stabilizes the ramp also, because it is making a connection on top. and it prevents balls hitting the sign or the wireform in an unusual way.
if you search protector in this thread you can find i think 2-3 solutions posted.

I’m pretty hand, but I haven’t made a protector before. What kind of tools and material do I need? I’m getting a lot of rattling rejects on my right ramp

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I’m pretty hand, but I haven’t made a protector before. What kind of tools and material do I need? I’m getting a lot of rattling rejects on my right ramp

i used a fretsaw to cut it out. A driler to make the holes where the screws are coming through.
For planing i used some cardboard first and tried best to fit it in before i transfered it to the clear plastic. I think i used the wrong kind of plastic. Mine is scratching up very fast. Maybe someone else can help you with the right kind of material.

#6020 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

This the sketch i used, but the other protectors are beding up at the ramp entrance and are have it attached to one more screw.
On the design i used there is the danger that the balls will hit the edge and get rejected. For me it's working.

TMNT_Ramp_Guide (resized).jpgTMNT_Ramp_Guide (resized).jpg
#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I've started having some problems with this that I didn't have early on. I've been wondering if something has bent over time.

#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I can easily wind up with 5,600 points on a single ball on this game. However I think the easiest path to start is choosing Donny then leading off with Turtle Power Multiball right out of the gate. It’s tough to dial in shots on this game, and I almost look at that turtle power multiball is practice.

Awesome dude. You’re officially #1 all-time score on pinside for TMNT Premium.... but I’m coming for you!!

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Awesome dude. You’re officially #1 all-time score on pinside for TMNT Premium.... but I’m coming for you!!

It's only a Pro, but go for it! This thing is tough as hell. Like I said, right now, I like to start off with Multiball (if you can bring a mode in, great but not necessary). Gotta warm up. Also whenever Multiball is available TAKE IT. If locks are enabled, take them. TMNT is about survival and hope you get in a groove. I swear I played a 10 minute game just before and finished with like 19,000,000. Felt like 300,000,000. Then I'll play 10 games under 4 million!

#6024 3 years ago

It's only a Pro, but go for it! This thing is tough as hell. Like I said, right now, I like to start off with Multiball (if you can bring a mode in, great but not necessary). Gotta warm up. Also whenever Multiball is available TAKE IT. If locks are enabled, take them. TMNT is about survival and hope you get in a groove. I swear I played a 10 minute game just before and finished with like 19,000,000. Felt like 300,000,000. Then I'll play 10 games under 4 million!

It seems like the key to a great score is getting to the final battle. If and when you get to it don’t forget to light your 2x scoring before you start final battle(left ramp)because you get a good chunk of points for all your modes you played. I like using Raphael and Leo depending on if I’m feeling lucky and want to utilize Leo’s training perk or Ralph’s made start perk. The other thing to keep in mind is extra balls. If you know how to get extra balls you can use them as stepping stones on the way to final battle. This pin is a fun smooth shooter that will punish you if you slip up...love it!

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It seems like the key to a great score is getting to the final battle. If and when you get to it don’t forget to light your 2x scoring before you start final battle(left ramp)because you get a good chunk of points for all your modes you played. I like using Raphael and Leo depending on if I’m feeling lucky and want to utilize Leo’s training perk or Ralph’s made start perk. The other thing to keep in mind is extra balls. If you know how to get extra balls you can use them as stepping stones on the way to final battle. This pin is a fun smooth shooter that will punish you if you slip up...love it!

I don't know. The furthest I got was 2 qualifications away. Playfield multiplier with modes (plus completion) and multi ball jackpots etc. I barely got past Team Up.

#6026 3 years ago

I don't know. The furthest I got was 2 qualifications away. Playfield multiplier with modes (plus completion) and multi ball jackpots etc. I barely got past Team Up.

I need to explore the multiball mode stack strat more but it seems like multiball is a lot of work for not a lot of points. When my score is above 100 million it’s after I have made it to final battle. It also helps to finish all the modes because they give you perks in all the mini wizard modes and it really helps you progress through the wizard modes.

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

it seems like multiball is a lot of work for not a lot of points

It's like this for many games now. Multiballs that are easier to achieve are not going to score as well as something which takes time and effort to earn.

Rob

#6028 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

need to explore the multiball mode stack strat more but it seems like multiball is a lot of work for not a lot of points

Ninja Pizza MB can be pretty valuable if you can get the Octopus topping locked in and also collect a Super Jackpot or two. I think with 2X PF going super jackpots can be worth like 7 or 8 million points. Also, if you get 1 or more fudge topping, it makes it easier to light Mondo JP which, in turn, lights the Super JP.

At least for me, with two balls trapped on the left flipper, I can backhand into the Lair shot like 90% of the time.

One other suggestion, when mb starts aim for the Lair target to get 2X lit. Im no math-magician but I'm pretty sure 2X > 1X.

#6029 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ninja Pizza MB can be pretty valuable if you can get the Octopus topping locked in and also collect a Super Jackpot or two. I think with 2X PF going super jackpots can be worth like 7 or 8 million points. Also, if you get 1 or more fudge topping, it makes it easier to light Mondo JP which, in turn, lights the Super JP.
At least for me, with two balls trapped on the left flipper, I can backhand into the Lair shot like 90% of the time.
One other suggestion, when mb starts aim for the Lair target to get 2X lit. Im no math-magician but I'm pretty sure 2X > 1X.

I’ll definitely give this a try sounds fun. I’ll probably try to add Raphael’s training level 3 perk extra playfield x and try to get the ice cream topping so mondo is lit at the start.

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’ll definitely give this a try sounds fun. I’ll probably try to add Raphael’s training level 3 perk extra playfield x and try to get the ice cream topping so mondo is lit at the start.

better yet, get the chili pepper and have super jackpot start lit.

#6031 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

better yet, get the chili pepper and have super jackpot start lit.

My perfect pizza topping stack would be...ice cream, peppers, octopus, marshmallows, gummy bears. I haven’t played tmnt in a while but now I really want to see if I can build a pizza that can turn into a big payoff.

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

My perfect pizza topping stack would be...ice cream, peppers, octopus, marshmallows, gummy bears.

What exactly does the Marshmallow topping do? I understand it's supposed to be "unlimited jackpots" but what does that actually mean?

#6033 3 years ago

Didn't like any of the offerings out there for flipper toppers, so I've made my own.. Check em out

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#6034 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Didn't like any of the offerings out there for flipper toppers, so I've made my own.. Check em out[quoted image]

I like those more than any of the ones available right now.
Nice!

#6035 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Didn't like any of the offerings out there for flipper toppers, so I've made my own.. Check em out[quoted image]

Good job on the flipper toppers

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

They look like they'd fit great with the black rubbers and official Stern armor!

#6037 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

They look like they'd fit great with the black rubbers and official Stern armor!

I have the official Stern armor and interestingly the graphic is purple on gray. The pictures all make it look black on gray.

#6038 3 years ago

Here they are installed.. and ironically enough I was also installing the side armor today.. maybe i'll redo the toppers with a purple-ish hue?

Liking it though!

IMG_0619 (resized).jpegIMG_0619 (resized).jpeg
#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Here they are installed.. and ironically enough I was also installing the side armor today.. maybe i'll redo the toppers with a purple-ish hue?
Liking it though!
[quoted image]

Those look great!

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Liking it though!
[quoted image]

Nice.

Do you have some sort of sticker around the art at the bottom right and left? Or does that come with the stern armor?

#6041 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Nice.
Do you have some sort of sticker around the art at the bottom right and left? Or does that come with the stern armor?

It's a premium. Those are factory stickers on a lit up metal apron.

#6042 3 years ago

Black shelf is in! Home brew TMNT Topper is almost complete.

1EFBFEC2-CE5C-4B94-BAE2-82340D55D32D (resized).jpeg1EFBFEC2-CE5C-4B94-BAE2-82340D55D32D (resized).jpeg33882B6E-4A7A-4550-A8AE-8E87BCE03B0A (resized).jpeg33882B6E-4A7A-4550-A8AE-8E87BCE03B0A (resized).jpeg751376B9-8E3F-4E44-9B80-10C989CE414C (resized).jpeg751376B9-8E3F-4E44-9B80-10C989CE414C (resized).jpegF5EE3272-901A-46BC-90DA-21675067EBC0 (resized).jpegF5EE3272-901A-46BC-90DA-21675067EBC0 (resized).jpeg
#6043 3 years ago

I’m having trouble with the game loosing track of balls in the lair and wondering if this happening to anyone else. If during a multi-ball I get more than one ball locked in the lair, after the last ball still on the play field drains the lair lock is never released. The game goes searching balls and eventually ends the game without ever actuating the lair lock.

This has happened a few times now. The reason I don’t think it’s a mechanical problem is because
1. Tests of both the lair switches and lair lock work fine
2. During regular play it works fine, ie I can start Leo’s training by locking a ball in the lair and then the lock releases.

But if it is a code issue, I don’t know how everyone isn’t hitting it because it’s game breaking for me. I’ve had to open up the lair twice now to get 2 or 3 balls out.

Any ideas?

#6044 3 years ago

Black shelf is in! Home brew TMNT Topper is almost complete.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kill the pizza boxes and you have an amazing topper

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from cpm_:

I’m having trouble with the game loosing track of balls in the lair and wondering if this happening to anyone else. If during a multi-ball I get more than one ball locked in the lair, after the last ball still on the play field drains the lair lock is never released. The game goes searching balls and eventually ends the game without ever actuating the lair lock.
This has happened a few times now. The reason I don’t think it’s a mechanical problem is because
1. Tests of both the lair switches and lair lock work fine
2. During regular play it works fine, ie I can start Leo’s training by locking a ball in the lair and then the lock releases.
But if it is a code issue, I don’t know how everyone isn’t hitting it because it’s game breaking for me. I’ve had to open up the lair twice now to get 2 or 3 balls out.
Any ideas?

The Lair is only supposed to hold 1 ball, not two (if you have the right topping for that).

I would therefore suspect the second lair switch is intermittent.

Rob

#6046 3 years ago

Who else has had this happen after a game? Two balls unloaded from the pizza parlor. I'm in disbelief. The odds!!!

20210217_203400 (resized).jpg20210217_203400 (resized).jpg

#6047 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The Lair is only supposed to hold 1 ball, not two (if you have the right topping for that).
I would therefore suspect the second lair switch is intermittent.
Rob

Ah I didn’t realize that. So the top lair switch should always cause the first ball to get released?

#6048 3 years ago
Quoted from cpm_:

Ah I didn’t realize that. So the top lair switch should always cause the first ball to get released?

Correct.

Rob

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Who else has had this happen after a game? Two balls unloaded from the pizza parlor. I'm in disbelief. The odds!!!
[quoted image]

are the balls magnetized?

#6050 3 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

are the balls magnetized?

I'm not sure. Haven't had any issues with them getting stuck elsewhere. This is the first time anything like this has happened. I'll pay closer attention on the next game. They are the original balls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.