(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 240.
#4651 3 years ago

Stern released the making of video for TMNT.

#4652 3 years ago

Wow, $1000 for a plastic topper

I thought twice buying my Maiden topper for $299!

That seems like bargain city now.

#4653 3 years ago

My game kept it's settings overnight this time. Seems really random as to when it decides to forget them. I took the battery out (while the game was turned off) to test the voltage. It measured 2.84v which to me seems fine since it's a 3v battery and therefore shouldn't forget the settings when turned off.

The strange thing is when I put the battery back in and turned the game on, the settings were remembered still. Shouldn't the game have forgotten the settings if I took out the battery while the game was turned off?

#4654 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game kept it's settings overnight this time. Seems really random as to when it decides to forget them. I took the battery out (while the game was turned off) to test the voltage. It measured 2.84v which to me seems fine since it's a 3v battery and therefore shouldn't forget the settings when turned off.
The strange thing is when I put the battery back in and turned the game on, the settings were remembered still. Shouldn't the game have forgotten the settings if I took out the battery while the game was turned off?

I would think the battery would be just for the clock on the board and any MB settings (someone else correct me if I'm wrong) wouldnt the settings just be stored on the CF card? makes me wonder if there is a flakey CF card in there.

#4655 3 years ago

When you change the sd-card the settings are reset. So i would also guess the settings are stored on the sd-card.
I do upgrades with changing the sd-card. Before i do this i save the settings on an usb stick. After i put in the card with new code, i just restore the settings from the usb.

so yes it makes me wonder too and would say it's only for the clock?

#4656 3 years ago

John Borg

IS THE MAN

he mailed my son an autographed LE flyer

That’s top notch class right there

Just had to share

DAFBFABE-79C1-45C5-8E7E-5251CDE2208E (resized).jpegDAFBFABE-79C1-45C5-8E7E-5251CDE2208E (resized).jpeg
#4657 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

John Borg
IS THE MAN
he mailed my son an autographed LE flyer
That’s top notch class right there
Just had to share
[quoted image]

Cool!

#4658 3 years ago

Really wanted the topper, but Stern is big time price gouging and getting away with it. I’m joining all of you that are saying no to $1,000.00 for $40 worth of plastic and LEDs. Until we all say no and let them keep their plastic for these ridiculous scalper prices, they’ll just keep going up. I thought $599 was ridiculous and now they’ve added $400 more to that!?! Crazy times, if this thing sells out. (Seen a distributor claiming sold out, but if you only have 2, that’s easy to sell out.)

#4659 3 years ago

If Mezel Mods can make the Technodrome with a lit up eye for $80 and still make money, it’s unbelievable Stern is charging $1,000.00 for basically the same thing, with 4 pieces of flat plastic turtles and a redundant plastic TMNT logo. LED’s that cost pennies purchased from China in bulk. Stern should feel ashamed for this, trying to take such advantage of us. It is not a good look for the Stern company. Makes one begin to wonder how badly they mark up everything else and I’m a supporter of Stern usually.

A7209DBC-26F6-4968-8895-2F19D6CBE000 (resized).jpegA7209DBC-26F6-4968-8895-2F19D6CBE000 (resized).jpegC2FB9C04-5440-40B2-8167-F0FF234A8E9D (resized).jpegC2FB9C04-5440-40B2-8167-F0FF234A8E9D (resized).jpeg
#4660 3 years ago

It's annoying that so often 123 foot blocks from starting training. It's hard enough to make the lair shot. But, the training light should at least go off during 123 foot, so you at least know nothing happens with the lair shot when you do actually make it in.

#4661 3 years ago

Ordered my technodrome, turtle selector bezel, and canister thingy.. waiting on the pipe mod... having a blast. Family and friends are loving it. As much as we enjoy our Cleland GOTG, tmnt is crazy fun. Other mods include ramp lightning, glider, and trough lightning. Absolute keeper..

#4662 3 years ago

Anyone put one of those mini TVs in their TMNT?

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Great idea!!! Me want one

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I mentioned this a few posts back. I think it is a great idea!

#4665 3 years ago

Arrived this morning looks awesome!

23C3EBC4-9CAA-4E99-BF80-DF30DF3B5F23 (resized).jpeg23C3EBC4-9CAA-4E99-BF80-DF30DF3B5F23 (resized).jpeg
#4666 3 years ago

I need some help. I am about to do a Titan rubber swap and I can’t decide what colors I want to go with. I am also not sure if I should get the low bounce flipper rubber or their standard. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#4667 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Great idea!!! Me want one

Quoted from joelbob:

I mentioned this a few posts back. I think it is a great idea!

Cool well I have one from another game I sold . Friend gave me the mod as a gift so I kept it. need to figure out where to place it and get some video .

#4668 3 years ago

Thinking near the lair , makes sense thematically

#4669 3 years ago

Anybody else having trouble with the lair post coming up to soon and trapping the ball under the plastic?

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else having trouble with the lair post coming up to soon and trapping the ball under the plastic?

only had this happen once or twice but both occasions there were 2 balls int he Lair during a multiball. I had an issue with the Stern factory balls becoming magentized and getting caught up in Pizza Parlor and those 2 times in Lair. Switched to Titan balls. Sounds like you may have a different issue though.

#4671 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I need some help. I am about to do a Titan rubber swap and I can’t decide what colors I want to go with. I am also not sure if I should get the low bounce flipper rubber or their standard. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I gave each turtle a Titan! Did green flippers and did not go low bounce and all is well.

TMNT-3 (resized).jpgTMNT-3 (resized).jpg
#4672 3 years ago

Hello folks,
I am a new user to pinside but have read many topics here in the past few weeks. I have the chance to move early next year to a new house, with some spare room left for my first pin
As a total newbie I am a bit afraid of the speed/brutalness of TMNT as well as of this upper left pin shoot/left lane, but I like the fact that this theme is very family friendly (as soon as my kids are old enough: btw when are they old enough for playing a pinball??) + I love the coop & 2vs2 mode to have more fun with friends.

My question: Those Coop and 2vs2 modes are they kind of exclusive to TMNT or does they exist in any other released pin? If it does, which ones please?

Any advice/comments welcome!
Thanks beforehand

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hello folks,
I am a new user to pinside but have read many topics here in the past few weeks. I have the chance to move early next year to a new house, with some spare room left for my first pin
As a total newbie I am a bit afraid of the speed/brutalness of TMNT as well as of this upper left pin shoot/left lane, but I like the fact that this theme is very family friendly (as soon as my kids are old enough: btw when are they old enough for playing a pinball??) + I love the coop & 2vs2 mode to have more fun with friends.
My question: Those Coop and 2vs2 modes are they kind of exclusive to TMNT or does they exist in any other released pin? If it does, which ones please?
Thanks beforehand

The only other co-op pin I know of is Total Nuclear Annihilation. It’s a GREAT game, but you can’t buy them new anymore. Spooky might be doing another run soon, but TMNT is the only co-op option available New In Box.

#4674 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

only had this happen once or twice but both occasions there were 2 balls int he Lair during a multiball. I had an issue with the Stern factory balls becoming magentized and getting caught up in Pizza Parlor and those 2 times in Lair. Switched to Titan balls. Sounds like you may have a different issue though.

Yeah it's when a single ball is in there. Weird thing is that it holds the post down for a decent amount of time most of the time, but during some sequences (especially starting training) it only holds it down for a split second and pops back up and traps the ball.

#4675 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hello folks,
Thanks beforehand

TMNT is very family friendly. My two-year old loves to push the buttons and hit some balls. My four-year old scores >5mn and loves achieving multiballs (Pizza MB and TP are both regulars for him.) I give him 1-2 more years til he has claimed GC on all our machines

#4676 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hello folks,
Thanks beforehand

TMNT is not a difficult pin imo. It does take a little time to get the shot positions on the flippers. Once you do that, it is quite an easy to moderate game and very family friendly. Best and real only co- op game the way it’s setup out there. TMNT co-op UI type is really a first of its kind and the coder Dwight is quite proud of that fact. His code is quite deep and engaging, so good for HUO.

It’s only fast if you set it up that way. Lower pitch and it’s not that fast. Control the ball by cradling and it’s a moderate shooter. Play a hundred games and you’ll see how easy it becomes. Game of the year imo.

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thinking near the lair , makes sense thematically

I was thinking below the ramp stopper on a Pro machine. The tv is printed right there on the playfield

#4678 3 years ago

I can't remember... Who sells the TV Mod?

#4679 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys, it helps a lot, much appreciated!
I first thought of DP or JP for a first pin, but actually now getting very excited by this one

My older son is only 3 years old but it seems like the wait won't be that long until he can start playing. And I bet for him this is the best theme out of the 3.
Will have to be patient now, and try to spot all the must have mods you guys are talking about until then
Unless there is a BTTF release in the meantime that would make the decision harder ^^

#4680 3 years ago

Joined the club today!!

20201107_134643 (resized).jpg20201107_134643 (resized).jpg
#4681 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hello folks,
Thanks beforehand

jjPotC has a great multiplayer mode. Very pirate-y where you can plunder the other player's riches. But those machines are VERY expensive now, since so few were made.

#4682 3 years ago

node 187 i cant update code any link to explain

#4683 3 years ago
Quoted from dolsontown:

node 187 i cant update code any link to explain

What's the actual error on the screen? Got a pic? Are you sure it was a 7 and not a 9?

#4684 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

i am in the same boat, i was planning on all green until i seen someones pics of matching colours in this thread, i am also getting low bounce and standard for flippers, but plan to install low bounce first, which hopefully makes things a little easier,
here is the image someone posted for multi colour, Titan already has sets listed in DB for all green and Glow in the dark237a75c0680ec1fc2820930e4343fe9ac2005ccc.jpeg (resized).jpg237a75c0680ec1fc2820930e4343fe9ac2005ccc.jpeg (resized).jpg

#4685 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

i am in the same boat, i was planning on all green until i seen someones pics of matching colours in this thread, i am also getting low bounce and standard for flippers, but plan to install low bounce first, which hopefully makes things a little easier,
here is the image someone posted for multi colour, Titan already has sets listed in DB for all green and Glow in the dark[quoted image]

I was going to go with the glow in the dark but Titan is out of the of the post sleeves. Now I will probably just go all green.

#4686 3 years ago

How difficult is it getting to the back rubbers? Do you have to remove all the ramps or can you just get away with just removing the wire forms?

#4687 3 years ago

I’m slowly putting together the components for a TMNT topper. Which of these sounds more appealing?
1. A mouser-centric topper that interacts with the mouser mode and otherwise has lights that match the current mode.
2. A large-ish turtle blimp with leds that correspond to the current mode
3. A communicator that matches the “team up” graphic with a working video screen.

I’m not sure how feasible any of this is until my machine arrives and I have a chance to analyze the data being sent to the topper.

#4688 3 years ago

Could someone please confirm how the diverter actually works on the pro please?
I understand it stops the ball? What makes it released then?
Searched the answer a bit but could find...

#4689 3 years ago

Ok got the TV installed over the . I’d like to make a bracket to angle it up a hair but it works . Thought about putting it where the TV is on the playfield but it will be blocked by the ramps and glider .

DF44B148-7872-49E9-99DB-03523036E372 (resized).jpegDF44B148-7872-49E9-99DB-03523036E372 (resized).jpeg
#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How difficult is it getting to the back rubbers? Do you have to remove all the ramps or can you just get away with just removing the wire forms?

I stopped short of doing the back rubbers for this very reason. Will get those guys when I do my first real shop out. IMHO, you've have to remove the ramps to really get to that stuff, but perhaps others who have done it can chime in.

#4691 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Could someone please confirm how the diverter actually works on the pro please?
I understand it stops the ball? What makes it released then?
Searched the answer a bit but could find...

It's not a diverter on the pro. It simply pulls down to stop the ball while the animation is played on the screen, then lifts to let the ball continue. The ball never changes sides (or diverts). The path stays the same.

#4692 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I’m slowly putting together the components for a TMNT topper. Which of these sounds more appealing?
1. A mouser-centric topper that interacts with the mouser mode and otherwise has lights that match the current mode.
2. A large-ish turtle blimp with leds that correspond to the current mode
3. A communicator that matches the “team up” graphic with a working video screen.
I’m not sure how feasible any of this is until my machine arrives and I have a chance to analyze the data being sent to the topper.

My understanding is that if you could get a node board that is the same generic type that goes in the topper, this should not be too difficult, but you def need the node board IMHO (detecting that node board plugged in the specific jack I believe is how it knows it has a topper)

#4693 3 years ago

Anyone else have this problem after updating?

I turn on the machine, lights come on but no turtles logo. Hangs that way for maybe 30 seconds or so? then the lights go off, almost like its rebooting, then it eventually comes up. So basically 2X the boot time now, really odd. Nothing on the screen gives any clues.

#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Anyone else have this problem after updating?
I turn on the machine, lights come on but no turtles logo. Hangs that way for maybe 30 seconds or so? then the lights go off, almost like its rebooting, then it eventually comes up. So basically 2X the boot time now, really odd. Nothing on the screen gives any clues.

Haven’t noticed but I’ve given up on waiting for stern spike 2s to boot. I switch on either TWD or Ngg And play these or go and mow the lawn while I wait.

#4695 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok got the TV installed over the . I’d like to make a bracket to angle it up a hair but it works . Thought about putting it where the TV is on the playfield but it will be blocked by the ramps and glider .
[quoted image]

Love it! Where did you get the video?

#4696 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Haven’t noticed but I’ve given up on waiting for stern spike 2s to boot. I switch on either TWD or Ngg And play these or go and mow the lawn while I wait.

Loooool!

#4697 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

Looks great! I always wanted a playfield with a tv screen. So cool. I think a larger display would be even better. Nice work!

#4698 3 years ago

Center ramp problem solved!
I was having lots of center ramp shots not registering. I tried tape over half the holes, didn't help. Finally appear to have it fixed by adjusting the position of the optos. Each opto is mounted with 2 screws. I just loosened them and rotated the optos as much as I could so they would better face each other.
16048767685548032217730748771404 (resized).jpg16048767685548032217730748771404 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Okay so after more play, I'm still having fast shots not register. Not sure what to try next.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit 2: Recently it's been registering every shot, so I'll say this is definitely worth trying.

#4699 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Love it! Where did you get the video?

Made it from stuff I found on you tube .

#4700 3 years ago

Anybody know the color of Powdercoating for turtles LE armor??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.