(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 240.
#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Super helpful, thanks. I just ordered an extra node board as a backup so I’ll swap that in when it arrives to test. Was going to order some extra flasher lamps but can’t seem to find them anywhere online. Contacted Stern to see if I can get one via them. :/

Did you order the node 8 "master" board, or just the node sub board that the lights and flasher are on?

Also the flasher in this case is just a LED diode on a board, not a bulb, so that's why you can't find it.

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you order the node 8 "master" board, or just the node sub board that the lights and flasher are on?
Also the flasher in this case is just a LED diode on a board, not a bulb, so that's why you can't find it.

I ordered the “master” board (520-7017-72).

Was looking for this flasher lamp board online with no luck unless I want to pay for international shipping...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-7000-00

Those flasher boards are so simple I doubt that would be the problem. I also don’t see anywhere that the wire is crimped or damaged and would be causing a short. My guess is you’re correct and the node board is the issue.

#4903 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Lol.. nice room. Looks sweet. Baby groot came from fun.com but I think you can buy him elsewhere. Not cheap but got it on sale last Xmas and gets lots of comments. Must have for GOTG owners. I think it was listed as "Neca baby groot"... I think he's 30 inches tall..

Thanks for the heads up!

#4904 3 years ago

Have a strange problem where the 2 lower slingshots have stopped responding. No life in the switch test, but as far as I can see all other switches and lamps working fine. Even the 2 rollover switches in the lanes adjacent are working. Any ideas?

#4905 3 years ago

NIB TMNT Pro paid! can't wait!
Quick question:

- I have heard it's better to buy better balls than the Stern ones. A guy told me they may need to be magnetic because of the pizza. Do you confirm it's best to buy new balls right before the 1st play, and are they standard or need particular ones?

- I am on the fence regarding the PFP. So far I have decided not to buy one but the distributor can still install it for me if I change my mind. Without a PFP and a modern NIB pin, is it better to wax before the 1st play to add a layer of protection? Which novus number? Or something like Carnauba?

Thanks guys!

#4906 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Quick question:
- I have heard it's better to buy better balls than the Stern ones. A guy told me they may need to be magnetic because of the pizza. Do you confirm it's best to buy new balls right before the 1st play, and are they standard or need particular ones?
- I am on the fence regarding the PFP. So far I have decided not to buy one but the distributor can still install it for me if I change my mind. Without a PFP and a modern NIB pin, is it better to wax before the 1st play to add a layer of protection? Which novus number? Or something like Carnauba?
Thanks guys!

for a start the standard balls are ok, but they tend to get magnetized very fast. For some it happend with 50 Games for others it takes much much longer.
i would get replacent balls to have them ready when the stern ones get magnetized. There are special types i think they are called carbon steel and are harder to get magnetized. You will see when the balls do not work anymore. like when they get stuck behind the turtle van, multiball and so on. If something is not working anymore, it's a good time to first replace the balls.

#4907 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

This is a cool idea - was it hard to do?

Moving the Turtle Van is very straightforward. We unscrewed the plastic under the van. Removed the Van from the plastic, drilled a hole in the plastic for the Van’s new front facing position. Re-secured the plastic and van. This reveals a stack of previously hidden B9F3AA16-753F-411C-A7C2-C6677793B0A0 (resized).jpegB9F3AA16-753F-411C-A7C2-C6677793B0A0 (resized).jpegdetail - a great FREE mod for all Pro owners. It looks like a new van!

48AA3741-4F65-4B30-90B3-C893E99A40E3 (resized).jpeg48AA3741-4F65-4B30-90B3-C893E99A40E3 (resized).jpeg3D21C96C-4380-4BAA-A756-166378F43205 (resized).jpeg3D21C96C-4380-4BAA-A756-166378F43205 (resized).jpeg
#4908 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I ordered the “master” board (520-7017-72).
Was looking for this flasher lamp board online with no luck unless I want to pay for international shipping...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-7000-00
Those flasher boards are so simple I doubt that would be the problem. I also don’t see anywhere that the wire is crimped or damaged and would be causing a short. My guess is you’re correct and the node board is the issue.

Drop terry at pinball life an email with that part number for the individual flasher board. He may be able to get them for you and maybe for less than Marco.

#4909 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballVoice:

Moving the Turtle Van is very straightforward. We unscrewed the plastic under the van. Removed the Van from the plastic, drilled a hole in the plastic for the Van’s new front facing position. Re-secured the plastic and van. This reveals a stack of previously hidden [quoted image]detail - a great FREE mod for all Pro owners. It looks like a new van![quoted image][quoted image]

Just wondering if you could use double sided tape rather than drilling new holes.

Edit: thanks again for sharing. Would never have thought to do this. And it looks awesome dude!

#4910 3 years ago

Did anyone figure out how to make the stern shooter rod hit better? Cant seem to get a good solid plunge out of it.

#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just wondering if you could use double sided tape rather than drilling new holes.
Edit: thanks again for sharing. Would never have thought to do this. And it looks awesome dude!

I'd always go for the tape route instead of drilling. I use this tape for tons of mods and it almost seems to be made for pinball machines: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TX8RPNZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_jyNTFbFYQVV71

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Have a strange problem where the 2 lower slingshots have stopped responding. No life in the switch test, but as far as I can see all other switches and lamps working fine. Even the 2 rollover switches in the lanes adjacent are working. Any ideas?

One of my slingshots (not both) stopped working and it was a loose soldering connection under the playfield. I did have a tech alert so if you don't have this it might be different issue. But worth taking a look for loose connections.

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Depending on how good a deal you can get on a pro.. ive seen them range from routed (w/ Shaker and Krang) to 6200 nib i think. Most used seem to sell between 5200-5500 from what I've seen. So you are pretty close to buying a used machine and paying for all the mods. Shaker, side blades, technodrome, and glider will add up plus all the other mods. As the previous post stated, if you like the mods then its pretty much done for u. It sounds loaded.

I love 95% of the mods. Only thing I'd probably remove as of now is the flasher turtle shells. Some I may have eventually added them to the game. Like the shooter rod and mini van.

But I was planning on putting in most of them. Especially the art blades, shaker motor, glider, and mutagen. The time it would have taken me to do them as a complete newbie basically pays for itself if you ask me.

#4914 3 years ago

Got a quick response from Stern on the stuck on Cowabunga flasher. Sounds like this problem is tied to a faulty node 8b board. They’re sending a replacement.

#4915 3 years ago

I was just playing TMNT and realised that Slash's episode name is a Guns N Roses reference: "Welcome to the Concrete Jungle." Not sure if that was obvious to everyone else, but there it is, haha.

#4916 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Did anyone figure out how to make the stern shooter rod hit better? Cant seem to get a good solid plunge out of it.

Not me sent them an email no word .

#4917 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'd always go for the tape route instead of drilling. I use this tape for tons of mods and it almost seems to be made for pinball machines: amazon.com link »

Drink every time they say Alien Tape -

#4918 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Got a quick response from Stern on the stuck on Cowabunga flasher. Sounds like this problem is tied to a faulty node 8b board. They’re sending a replacement.

Thanks for following up with the response from Stern. I keyposted this answer to the dim Cowabunga insert problem.

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I was just playing TMNT and realised that Slash's episode name is a Guns N Roses reference: "Welcome to the Concrete Jungle." Not sure if that was obvious to everyone else, but there it is, haha.

His belt buckle is backwards too

Rob

#4920 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Drink every time they say Alien Tape -

Ha! That's basically the stuff. I didn't know it was an 'as-seen-on-tv' product, that would have deterred me from buying it in the first place.

#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Ha! That's basically the stuff. I didn't know it was an 'as-seen-on-tv' product, that would have deterred me from buying it in the first place.

I’ve been using double sided foam tape for mine but there are issues. My Rocksteady is a tricky location (right orbit) and the foam tape doesn’t have a ton of contact area. Also if I lift the PF, like 3 of my 8 figures fall off. I liked the idea of Alien tape. It looks like it holds better, and even more important, it looks better as it’s clear. White foam tape on a black shooter lane rail sticks out under a figure’s foot.

#4922 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I could never get confirmation this was an issue. I have a Premium and the right side of Cowabunga is always dimly lit. It lights up brighter just fine. But, for instance, on booting the game the right side is dimly lit at all times while no other lights are on. Is this what's happening to you?

#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

I could never get confirmation this was an issue. I have a Premium and the right side of Cowabunga is always dimly lit. It lights up brighter just fine. But, for instance, on booting the game the right side is dimly lit at all times while no other lights are on. Is this what's happening to you?

Exactly my problem.

#4924 3 years ago

Let’s put this thing In tonight. Same junk Chinese servo...

8EAFF796-33E8-4068-892E-C4484D1F75C1 (resized).jpeg8EAFF796-33E8-4068-892E-C4484D1F75C1 (resized).jpeg
#4925 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Let’s put this thing In tonight. Same junk Chinese servo...
[quoted image]

It’s wild that they don’t just send you a new servo instead of the whole assembly.

#4926 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

It’s wild that they don’t just send you a new servo instead of the whole assembly.

I know right...to throw away and keep my aftermarket one lol. Just send me a free shirt and keep it, I will use the servo I bought

#4927 3 years ago

Sorry if this info has been posted previously and I missed it - for those needing or looking to replace the glider servo, a digital variety will work just fine. In other words, the replacement does not need to be analog.

I just installed a HiTec HS-7955TG servo and its working just fine. The benefit of a digital servo (at least this HiTec model and several others), is that they're programmable and its rotation can be reversed via desktop software - instead of having to mess with reversing wires by solder/wire cutting.

It'll cost a few more pennies, and this model is totally overkill for the application, but i got sick of messing with small motor skill stuff. And, I guarantee this little black box will long outlast the machine itself.

#4928 3 years ago

We finally saved all turtles in Team-Up Multiball last night (after hundreds of attempts...it's super challenging!). It felt good to activate Pizza Party! My son was so excited that he got in and then was out in about 2 seconds! But was disappointed that there was no ball save and not a multiball. Would be more of a "party" if you had a little safety net! Just another friendly suggestion for Xaqery

#4929 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

It felt good to activate Pizza Party! My son was so excited that he got in and then was out in about 2 seconds! But was disappointed that there was no ball save and not a multiball

30 seconds of cherrybomb style multiball would be cool. Team up is tough to beat, so it would be cool if you were rewarded with a sure thing.

#4930 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Exactly my problem.

Contacted Stern and they're sending me that same node board. Cool.

Quoted from plasticbugs:

It's easier to install the whole assembly, so I'm glad that's what was sent to me

#4931 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

It's easier to install the whole assembly, so I'm glad that's what was sent to me

Ah, I didn't realize that there was less work in replacing the whole assembly.

#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Pizza disc level? Are you getting airballs from your stand ups? Sorry stumped at what’s happening for you.

I played with the pizza disc and it didn't have an effect.

I reached out to my distributor and he's checking with Stern. If that comes up empty I'll rip the left ramp off and try either bending the rails a bit to try to keep the balls from bouncing straight into each other.

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I played with the pizza disc and it didn't have an effect.
I reached out to my distributor and he's checking with Stern. If that comes up empty I'll rip the left ramp off and try either bending the rails a bit to try to keep the balls from bouncing straight into each other.

Maybe you can see it just by removing the van. Good luck!

Edit: maybe some felt tape might help on the guide as it curves around? Sorry Just guessing now.

#4934 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Ah, I didn't realize that there was less work in replacing the whole assembly.

You have to take the whole assembly out unfortunately to get to the servo mounting hardware. Luckily it's actually really easy to remove.

#4935 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Sorry if this info has been posted previously and I missed it - for those needing or looking to replace the glider servo, a digital variety will work just fine. In other words, the replacement does not need to be analog.
I just installed a HiTec HS-7955TG servo and its working just fine. The benefit of a digital servo (at least this HiTec model and several others), is that they're programmable and its rotation can be reversed via desktop software - instead of having to mess with reversing wires by solder/wire cutting.
It'll cost a few more pennies, and this model is totally overkill for the application, but i got sick of messing with small motor skill stuff. And, I guarantee this little black box will long outlast the machine itself.

Ha! I hadn't even thought of that. thank you for posting this! will be very helpful for the next person who get's tired of waiting for for the cheap-o servo replacement.

#4936 3 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Quick question:
Thanks guys!

Congrats! You will really enjoy it. My son just posted our best game today. Just under 50m. We are still figuring out shots and strategy. Trying to finish modes and get the new multiball from update 1.23. Loving the challenge. Maybe some members can chime in on playfield protectors. Haven't used one. I just recently waxed mine. As for pinballs. I had a problem with the ball release for pizza mutliball. The balls wouldn't roll down. Realized all of them became magnetized so they laid against the metal rail and wouldn't roll forward. Swapped balls and problem solved. Enjoy! Welcome to the club.

#4937 3 years ago

I had Steve at Pinball Refinery powder coat my turtles trim. Cost was $250, I did pay extra to get the premium style side rails.

20201030_194749 (resized).jpg20201030_194749 (resized).jpg20201030_194818 (resized).jpg20201030_194818 (resized).jpg
#4938 3 years ago

Is Raphael the most competitive turtle? I feel like starting with episode lit is pretty massive. I also really like playing as Leonardo, as his skill shot under the top left flipper is so satisfying to make. Plus the boost from training is nice. I play Donatello cause he's my favorite turtle, and starting with turtle power is fun, but I don't think point wise it's always great so early on. Michelangelo I found to be the weakest, as the ball save can be nice, but it doesn't really give a big boost to the points. What are your thoughts on it? Am I missing some stuff with each character? Either way I've been loving this game, a ton of fun, and the shots are tough but challenging. Slowly getting better at it!

#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from Zami77:

Is Raphael the most competitive turtle? I feel like starting with episode lit is pretty massive. I also really like playing as Leonardo, as his skill shot under the top left flipper is so satisfying to make. Plus the boost from training is nice. I play Donatello cause he's my favorite turtle, and starting with turtle power is fun, but I don't think point wise it's always great so early on. Michelangelo I found to be the weakest, as the ball save can be nice, but it doesn't really give a big boost to the points. What are your thoughts on it? Am I missing some stuff with each character? Either way I've been loving this game, a ton of fun, and the shots are tough but challenging. Slowly getting better at it!

If you want to get to the neutrino pizza party mode, Leonardo definitely gives you a head start. Getting those two training modes done early will also add 20% to all of your future points.

When I am playing like crap, I'll grab Michelangelo just so I don't have to potentially worry about an outline drain.

Donatello is good if you want to blow off some steam with a quick multi-ball.

Raphael is my go-to though to try to get to team up more quickly.

#4940 3 years ago

Happy to finally be in the club! Great game. Flows so well! It’s tough, but I wouldn’t say it’s overly mean. No unfair drains from the pizza or lair yet... knock on wood!

I did get unlucky with a grainy playfield. Any word yet on if they are replacing them? It’s annoying but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hassle to replace.

Also...if you take note of the machine next to it, you will see that my username prophecy has finally been fulfilled!

928C659E-ABD4-414A-8AB5-39415E9716F8 (resized).jpeg928C659E-ABD4-414A-8AB5-39415E9716F8 (resized).jpegC6BB6CA9-619D-47E2-922F-584DA0A760DC (resized).jpegC6BB6CA9-619D-47E2-922F-584DA0A760DC (resized).jpeg

#4941 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Happy to finally be in the club! Great game. Flows so well! It’s tough, but I wouldn’t say it’s overly mean. No unfair drains from the pizza or lair yet... knock on wood!
I did get unlucky with a grainy playfield. Any word yet on if they are replacing them? It’s annoying but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hassle to replace. [quoted image][quoted image]

This is the main reason I haven’t bought one. Supposedly they are giving out unpopulated playfields. I am waiting for next run unless the newest release is something of interest.

#4942 3 years ago

Just received my nib tmnt pro , and game isnt working properly. Game freezes after shooting ball lock under van. Do i need to remove the van to fix this? Haven’t played more than 2 games without it freezing on me.

#4943 3 years ago

I keep thinking about getting a pro. If anybody within a few hours of Lincoln Nebraska decides to sell, pm me. Debating between this or comic Star Wars premium.

#4944 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I did get unlucky with a grainy playfield. Any word yet on if they are replacing them? It’s annoying but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hassle to replace.

Definitely get a warranty replacement playfield, if for no other reason than to preserve resale value of the machine down the road even if you never install it and only sell it with a new playfield, you'll get more than just in the condition it's in with no replacement playfield. Pretty clear you're entitled to one with that nasty printing.

#4945 3 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I had Steve at Pinball Refinery powder coat my turtles trim. Cost was $250, I did pay extra to get the premium style side rails.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That would look great on a grand lizard!

#4946 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

If you want to get to the neutrino pizza party mode, Leonardo definitely gives you a head start. Getting those two training modes done early will also add 20% to all of your future points.
When I am playing like crap, I'll grab Michelangelo just so I don't have to potentially worry about an outline drain.
Donatello is good if you want to blow off some steam with a quick multi-ball.
Raphael is my go-to though to try to get to team up more quickly.

Agreed, I think Leo and Raph are the more competitive turtles. All in all, I think they're all pretty fun. I still haven't tried Co-op mode yet, I will soon with my fiancee. I'm still trying to get better in just standard single player mode haha.

#4947 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Maybe you can see it just by removing the van. Good luck!
Edit: maybe some felt tape might help on the guide as it curves around? Sorry Just guessing now.

Thanks, I'm thinking "roughing up" the outer metal rail a bit with tape or foam might help? I'm waiting to hear if Stern has anything to say before I dig in. The area has a plastic covering it, so it'll be tight if I don't rip everything off.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

#4948 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Happy to finally be in the club!

Welcome to the club! We just joined too. We sold our SW Pro for TMNT, which I'm still not sure was a great idea. I might end up with a comic SW someday.

#4949 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Welcome to the club! We just joined too. We sold our SW Pro for TMNT, which I'm still not sure was a great idea. I might end up with a comic SW someday.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. I have tried to convince myself to sell SW with the promise of a comic version "someday", but I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet. Mine just plays so damn good after (very) much tweaking. I've defeated the Emperor quite a few times now so there's really nothing left to do, but I can't quite say I'm done with it yet. Another great, underrated game.

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. I have tried to convince myself to sell SW with the promise of a comic version "someday", but I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet. Mine just plays so damn good after (very) much tweaking. I've defeated the Emperor quite a few times now so there's really nothing left to do, but I can't quite say I'm done with it yet. Another great, underrated game.

Since pinball is not a video game with an ending and the premise of pinball is all about mastering the machine and scoring, are we really ever done with a machine? It is like saying I’ll never play that golf course again, since I reached the eighteenth hole. Lol Think pinball is a sport not a video game with an ending we reach and never play again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.