(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 240.
#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

I'm planning to put speaker lights in my pro. Any recommendations on them, or are they all pretty much the same?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html

You won’t find a better product. And Doug is the best person for support. Great guy to deal with.

#4102 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

I'm planning to put speaker lights in my pro. Any recommendations on them, or are they all pretty much the same?

www.speakerlightkits.com

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html
You won’t find a better product. And Doug is the best person for support. Great guy to deal with.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

www.speakerlightkits.com

I bought a set of deluxe for my LE. Loved them so much I just ordered deluxe sets for my pros and les

He just got the deluxe sets back in as he was sold out. Deluxe is the way to go

535F6B1F-39AB-499C-BFFD-417266C7F30B (resized).jpeg535F6B1F-39AB-499C-BFFD-417266C7F30B (resized).jpeg
#4104 3 years ago

Deluxe fan here too. I never liked lighting up the whole speaker box, so I’m glad he came up with these.

#4105 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The burned out/failing servo is likely drawing too much power and resetting the Node board. Both are attached to Node 9.
There are too many affected lights to show them all (a LOT are on Node 9, check your manual), but I cut out the LAIR lights section from the chart in the manual because you can see them resetting in your video so it was an easy comparison point. L-A-I-R lights are all attached to Node 9, where the Servo is drawing power, too.
If you unplug the servo from Node 9, your problem will likely resolve unless the node board has been damaged by the servo (which I doubt).
[quoted image]

This makes sense, ty! I really hope there is a solution soon. I appreciate the people trying other servos.

#4106 3 years ago

My balls are getting stuck occasionally in the pizza parlor too. I increased the pitch on my game and it helped, but it isnt 100% . My pinballs are magnetized too. Anyone know if there is a good way to de-magnetize them? The path in the pizza parlor is pretty tight, not sure if a plastic spacer to keep the balls off the metal guides will fit.

#4107 3 years ago

I think balls becoming magnetized are probably causing most of the stuck ball issues. Check and replace as needed. Stay with better grade standard, regular type balls.

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

My balls are getting stuck occasionally in the pizza parlor too. I increased the pitch on my game and it helped, but it isnt 100% . My pinballs are magnetized too. Anyone know if there is a good way to de-magnetize them? The path in the pizza parlor is pretty tight, not sure if a plastic spacer to keep the balls off the metal guides will fit.

Have you used the Titan standard shiny balls? I have yet to hear a report of those becoming magnetized in any game.

#4109 3 years ago

See Chuck's balls above.

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you used the Titan standard shiny balls? I have yet to hear a report of those becoming magnetized in any game.

these have been fine for me in tmnt

#4111 3 years ago

a quick question about Ninja Pizza Multiball. Does the parlor open after team up for a 2nd chance to multiball again?
Now with making more progress i think this happened but wasn't 100% sure what triggered it.
and i could not find anything about it in the rule sheed.

#4112 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

a quick question about Ninja Pizza Multiball. Does the parlor open after team up for a 2nd chance to multiball again?
Now with making more progress i think this happened but wasn't 100% sure what triggered it.
and i could not find anything about it in the rule sheed.

Yes after you play the team up mode you can play ninja pizza multiball And turtle power multiball again after they are qualified.

#4113 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

See Chuck's balls above.

Thanks, but Chuck doesn't need to show me his balls. :p

Anyone have a good link to Titans balls?!

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks, but Chuck doesn't need to show me his balls. :p
Anyone have a good link to Titans balls?!

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

#4115 3 years ago
5B4B17D0-3759-4716-92A4-185256F7BD4C (resized).jpeg5B4B17D0-3759-4716-92A4-185256F7BD4C (resized).jpeg
#4116 3 years ago

Tmnt Pinball meet tmnt arcade....

I thought why not. Replaced that stagnant picture of the lair. Shoot loop so it can't be too much but it's nice just to see.

#4117 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought why not. Replaced that stagnant picture of the lair. Shoot loop so it can't be too much but it's nice just to see.

Very creative! I like how you mixed in different styles from the games and movies while keeping some of the Stern music/sounds intact. Keep up the great work!

#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fun! We’re you able to make changes for the newest code?

#4119 3 years ago

If anyone was wondering about the points awarded at Final Battle, it looks to be: .5m/1.25m/2m/2.75m/3.5m/4.25m/5m/5.75m for each subsequent completed episode and 250k for any not completed mode. So you could be awarded between 2mil amd 25mil depending on how many episodes you completed for starting Final Battle (and keep that 2X pf in mind before starting it)

#4120 3 years ago

OK everyone, good news. I just got done switching out the servo motor on my glider and for the first time since day one, IT WORKS!! I'm going to play it a bit today and make sure it doesn't have any issues. All in all it was an easy swap. All you need is a screwdriver, nut driver, and two tiny zip ties. This was a plug and play part. It took about 20 minutes to do. Have to take both lower rails off (4 nuts) and then 3 screws on the glider mech and it pops off. Then 4 bolts holding the servo down. Cut some zip ties and then put everything back. Under the playfield there is a small circuit board that is wrapped in heat shrink that goes in line with the servo wires that you will reuse. If you are planning on putting some new Titan post rubbers now is a good time since that glider is over two of them. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me...

Here is the part on amazon I used.
https://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32645S-HS-645MG-Torque-Metal/dp/B003T6RSVQ/ref=sr_1_1

Added over 3 years ago:

Ok so this Amazon servo has the wrong rotation. You can get this from servocity.com. You have to ask for the counter clockwise wiring.

#4121 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

OK everyone, good news. I just got done switching out the servo motor on my glider and for the first time since day one, IT WORKS!! I'm going to play it a bit today and make sure it doesn't have any issues. All in all it was an easy swap. All you need is a screwdriver, nut driver, and two tiny zip ties. This was a plug and play part. It took about 20 minutes to do. Have to take both lower rails off (4 nuts) and then 3 screws on the glider mech and it pops off. Then 4 bolts holding the servo down. Cut some zip ties and then put everything back. Under the playfield there is a small circuit board that is wrapped in heat shrink that goes in line with the servo wires that you will reuse. If you are planning on putting some new Titan post rubbers now is a good time since that glider is over two of them. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me...
amazon.com link »

This is great news. Keep us posted about how it holds up.

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Fun! We’re you able to make changes for the newest code?

Not yet. I don't think pinbrowser works

#4123 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

amazon.com link »

Did you reuse the existing arm from the old servo? Or did you use the one that came on the new servo?

Was your glider dead? Or just jittery?

#4124 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Did you reuse the existing arm from the old servo? Or did you use the one that came on the new servo?
Was your glider dead? Or just jittery?

Completely dead. Splines are different on the new servo but it had one that worked

#4125 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Completely dead. Gears are different on the new servo but it had one that worked

It came with a few different gears?

#4126 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Completely dead. Gears are different on the new servo but it had one that worked

ok thanks. mine works, it just jitters around, annoying AF. I bought a similar new servo as yours and also got a set of various arms assuming one would match close enough. I will probably try swapping it in when i replace all the rubber later this week.

#4127 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

It came with a few different gears?

Sorry should have said splines. The new servo comes with new arms. The one on the old servo has different number of Splines so it won’t work

#4128 3 years ago

Besides Titan standard balls what else you guys recommend that dont get magnetized? I tried to buy Titans like suggested but there not in stock.

#4129 3 years ago

Haven’t tried these in years but here’s some:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html

Or these if you like paying $3 a ball haha.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116

PBR might sell them as well.

#4130 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t tried these in years but here’s some:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html
Or these if you like paying $3 a ball haha.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116
PBR might sell them as well.

I still buy a fair amount of PBL and they work great. I also have some Ninja and others but all seem good to me. I just get PBL because I order so much other stuff from them it makes it easy.

#4131 3 years ago

Well this convo started because the ball baron balls appear to become magnetized no matter which type you go with.

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well this convo started because the ball baron balls appear to become magnetized no matter which type you go with.

I went with the PBL balls you recommended, thanks! Grabbed a shaker too.

#4133 3 years ago

Ah, I have PBL balls in my TMNT Pro and they are fine.

#4134 3 years ago

FYI - Looks like this ebay seller has some TMNT Premium Translites available if anyone wanted to change up.

ebay.com link: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro Stern Pinball Game Translite Sign NEW 26x16

#4135 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

FYI - Looks like this ebay seller has some TMNT Premium Translites available if anyone wanted to change up.
ebay.com link » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro Stern Pinball Game Translite Sign New 26x16

How does anyone know if these are genuine or counterfeit?

Rob

#4136 3 years ago

Finally got a few pictures of Krang without the glass...and had a decent game yesterday.

16134D5B-F9BD-43E0-96D8-6F0E6EE1192F.jpeg16134D5B-F9BD-43E0-96D8-6F0E6EE1192F.jpeg2C542FE7-C789-4886-9255-39339419F0F9.jpeg2C542FE7-C789-4886-9255-39339419F0F9.jpegB743801B-CF8D-4839-BCA6-3E5C448B2FB1.jpegB743801B-CF8D-4839-BCA6-3E5C448B2FB1.jpegCA73A0BB-2409-44AB-940D-9D5D98437463.jpegCA73A0BB-2409-44AB-940D-9D5D98437463.jpegDAA38125-0B91-47F7-8EA4-91AE9C92A714.jpegDAA38125-0B91-47F7-8EA4-91AE9C92A714.jpeg
#4137 3 years ago

Turtles has landed!

20201013_144810 (resized).jpg20201013_144810 (resized).jpg
#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally got a few pictures of Krang without the glass...and had a decent game yesterday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

decent game? You bastard. hehe. best Ive done is 45m and 2nd is 31m. Game is hard!

#4139 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How does anyone know if these are genuine or counterfeit?
Rob

I think that’s cointaker

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

decent game? You bastard. hehe. best Ive done is 45m and 2nd is 31m. Game is hard!

This pin definitely tests your reactions because of how fast it is. I think a good way to attack this pin is to find the left ramp, right ramp and pizza parlor shot and once you’re comfortable with those shots the game will open up. If you can finish modes it usually leads to getting decent scores especially if you get to Team Up and Final Battle.

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This pin definitely tests your reactions because of how fast it is. I think a good way to attack this pin is to find the left ramp, right ramp and pizza parlor shot and once you’re comfortable with those shots the game will open up. If you can finish modes it usually leads to getting decent scores especially if you get to Team Up and Final Battle.

Yea Im starting to think I need to ignore 123 foot and weapon modes and just go complete episodes. this way get to team up and open multiball again

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea Im starting to think I need to ignore 123 foot and weapon modes and just go complete episodes. this way get to team up and open multiball again

Training is a pretty important factor if you’re looking for a higher score.

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Training is a pretty important factor if you’re looking for a higher score.

agree. only get it every so often

#4144 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Turtles has landed!
[quoted image]

Oh man, I love DDR Extreme

#4145 3 years ago

So uh has anyone ever seen something like this? My shooter lane has a huge lump of what seems to be clearcoat? It almost looks like wood glue that got clearcoated over... It's significant enough that it causes the ball to hop and occasionally throws the ball into the right side of the lane.

20201013_221202 (resized).jpg20201013_221202 (resized).jpg20201013_233031 (resized).jpg20201013_233031 (resized).jpg
#4146 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

So uh has anyone ever seen something like this? My shooter lane has a huge lump of what seems to be clearcoat? It almost looks like wood glue that got clearcoated over... It's significant enough that it causes the ball to hop and occasionally throws the ball into the right side of the lane.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks more like wood glue that was clearcoated over...but yeah, that's weird.

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would like to work as quality manager at Stern, that job doesn´t seem to come with any obligations

#4148 3 years ago

I reached out to my distributor to see what we can do. Every handful of ball launches the ball either hops and comes rolling back down or hits the sidewall and rolls back down. Fun.

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I reached out to my distributor to see what we can do. Every handful of ball launches the ball either hops and comes rolling back down or hits the sidewall and rolls back down. Fun.

That's a nasty one. Being it's both ugly and especially since it affects play, my guess is Stern will replace it, but most likely with an unpopulated pf. My understanding is it is very difficult if not impossible to get a populated playfield anymore (even though in your case I think it is justified being a play issue). If it were mine, and Stern does send an unpopulated, I think before doing a swap I would attempt chipping off the glue and then brushing some clear over the area. You should be able to get it off if you are careful, but it's hard to say how smooth you can get it and how good the new clear would look and hold up (without some major work). I wouldn't try this before knowing I had a backup though in case it got ugly. Best of luck!

#4150 3 years ago

I'm not sure this has been captured on video before, but last night while streaming my TMNT Premium I had the issue of 4 balls being loaded into the turtle van. It happened multiple times throughout the night. Here's one instance where I reset the game and it immediately loaded 4 balls once it booted up. Reset it again and then it wouldn't empty the 4 out of the van so I had to take the glass off and manually release them. My theory is while in turtle power multiball, once the ball saver runs out it reloads the van, but sometimes while loading if you shoot the right ramp at the same time a ball is being loaded, your shot to the ramp and the loading ball both enter the van...confusing the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/770121929

And here's another instance of the game loading 4 balls during Turtle Power Multiball.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/770130608

Oh, and I've now been waiting 2 months for a replacement glider mech from Stern....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.