(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 240.
#4301 3 years ago

Sorry. Forgot to paste the link above, so I edited that post. Here's some pics installed.

Titans installed 1 (resized).jpgTitans installed 1 (resized).jpg
Titans installed 2 (resized).jpgTitans installed 2 (resized).jpg

#4302 3 years ago

A few weeks ago I stuck a very thin piece of foam tape to my left inside of playfield at the Outlane. My outlane drains were 783 left, 176 right and like 1200 center. It makes a mild difference, it’s still brutal but seems a lot more fair imo. It’s my game,I’ll do what I want! Lol . Put up 66m last night . 15m higher than previous GC. 2 shots away from final battle.

47072B88-766F-4090-8013-D8E341A111E3 (resized).jpeg47072B88-766F-4090-8013-D8E341A111E3 (resized).jpeg981DC482-DBDD-4F5B-9E93-10E822B1872A (resized).jpeg981DC482-DBDD-4F5B-9E93-10E822B1872A (resized).jpeg

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

A few weeks ago I stuck a very thin piece of foam tape to my left inside of playfield at the Outlane. My outlane drains were 783 left, 176 right and like 1200 center. It makes a mild difference, it’s still brutal but seems a lot more fair imo. It’s my game,I’ll do what I want! . Put up 66m last night . 15m higher than previous GC. 2 shots away from final battle.
[quoted image][quoted image]

thin but probably bouncy so would make a difference. I may consider doing this. thanks and good score.

#4304 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thin but probably bouncy so would make a difference. I may consider doing this. thanks and good score.

A little bounce ya, not as much as I thought which is probably good! But I’ve been able to actually nudge it out once or twice, felt great, and not easy at all. Can’t hurt to try

#4305 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The layout feels like a faster version of Star Trek to me except center ramp and upper flipper flipped to opposite sides. The right ramp is just closer but same layout feel when played side by side. I knew they looked similar layout when i got TMNT but after playing them together Star Trek has to go cause TMNT is just more fun and challenging to me.

Thanks Mr Booms, now I can scratch ST off my list! Nice to know.

#4306 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Here is my list of Titans I ordered, with colors to match PF areas. (See earlier post with photos)
I haven’t tried the low bounce flipper rings, so can’t give an opinion, but would think low bounce might have more control.
[quoted image]

Top man cheers
i will also add this to Titan database for others when i order

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I love the feeling of the low bounce flipper rubbers from Titan. I put them on all my machines now. They make the flippers more controllable and easier to catch the ball. They also slow down the ball if you are hitting one that is coming at you since it sort of cushions it. So overall more controllable and I love the feel a lot better.

Thanks, i was thinking about getting both, but seems Low bounce will be better, waiting for LE coming in December, this is first table and its for the wife, i am in Asia so just trying to get everything i need before hand, took a long time reading through this thread lol

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I used this kit, all green. Was actually a much easier install then I thought. Once you get remove the two wire forms you can access just about everything. I didn't worry about PF color matching. Green everywhere looks great.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1463

Yes that is what i did plan to order, although i didn't see the kit, i now see titan lists them all individually when you search by game....
But after seeing thunderbirds pic the matched colors look great to me
i may get a set of both to see how they look, i will definitely be getting 2 full sets of rubbers so i have full replacements,
are there any rubbers which wear out quicker than others ?
i think some mentioned buying more post rubbers, i assume the thin sterns are what i want not standard, or do they make some difference ?

and can anyone please tell me how many of each size silicone washers are required ?

#4308 3 years ago

Main ones that wear out are slings and flippers I find. But the odd other one will wear out too depending on the game.

Quoted from Yobits:

Thanks, i was thinking about getting both, but seems Low bounce will be better, waiting for LE coming in December, this is first table and its for the wife, i am in Asia so just trying to get everything i need before hand, took a long time reading through this thread lol

Yes that is what i did plan to order, although i didn't see the kit, i now see titan lists them all individually when you search by game....
i may get a set of both to see how they look, i will definitely be getting 2 full sets of rubbers so i have full replacements,
i think some mentioned buying more post rubbers, i assume the thin sterns are what i want not standard, or do they make some difference ?

#4309 3 years ago

Can some give me a little help and take a picture of there node board 9 connection wanna see specially connection 12 & 13 curious on what everyone else has I’m trying to troubleshoot. Thanks in advance

#4310 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Can some give me a little help and take a picture of there node board 9 connection wanna see specially connection 12 & 13 curious on what everyone else has I’m trying to troubleshoot. Thanks in advance

I'm not sure I'll be much help since these are from a pro and nothing is plugged into 12 and 13 but hope it helps

20201023_223332 (resized).jpg20201023_223332 (resized).jpg20201023_223411 (resized).jpg20201023_223411 (resized).jpg

#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I'm not sure I'll be much help since these are from a pro and nothing is plugged into 12 and 13 but hope it helps
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, but I need a premium or a LE I’m assuming there all the same but not sure..

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

According to your error message, your problem is connected to CN15 of Node 9. It's one of the 15 White General Illumination bulbs that have shorted. Yel/Blk wire.

You could try unplugging CN15 (with the power off), then while it's unplugged, power on and see if the error goes away. You'll lose all the top R, G, and W GI while it's unplugged.

#4313 3 years ago

Picking up my pro on Tuesday.. weather permitting. Played it for the first time last week. Great pin. Fast, challenging, and fun. The current owner did the mods right.. speaker lights, mirror blades, glider, slime plastic protectors.. game looks fantastic. Excited to bring it home..

#4314 3 years ago

The stern slim tapered posts wore out earlier on my center ramp and right ramp due to many bricked shots lol, less than 500 games I think. My slings seem to be wearing out a little too, flippers seem fine, but I don’t use the low bounce.

Quoted from Yobits:

and can anyone please tell me how many of each size silicone washers are required ?

#4315 3 years ago

Kenada is a real tool, attempting to cause doubt where there is none about TMNT left outlane. It is not a design flaw at all. If someone wants to make it easier, they can close it down with a double post or side rail button. TMNT will stand the test of time as an awesome design, just like a reversed Star Trek has stood the test of time with a similar right centric setup. Wish everyone would stop listening to Kaneda’s nonsense. He purposely slams Stern any chance he gets in subtle ways. The slam on TMNT is one of them. Such a moron. Remember, Kaneda is the same guy that thought a fan layout, was something the fan’s of pinball would like. He knows so little about pinball and is the reason he never talks about pinball play or design. We all need to stop listening to his constant put down of Stern, Spooky and others.

#4316 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Kenada is a real tool, attempting to cause doubt where there is none about TMNT left outlane. It is not a design flaw at all. If someone wants to make it easier, they can close it down with a double post or side rail button. TMNT will stand the test of time as an awesome design, just like a reversed Star Trek has stood the test of time with a similar right centric setup. Wish everyone would stop listening to Kaneda’s nonsense. He purposely slams Stern any chance he gets in subtle ways. The slam on TMNT is one of them. Such a moron. Remember, Kaneda is the same guy that thought a fan layout, was something the fan’s of pinball would like. He knows so little about pinball and is the reason he never talks about pinball play or design. We all need to stop listening to his constant put down of Stern, Spooky and others.

I'm still trying to understand how he's back doing pinball podcasts again. I thought he was done with it all not so long ago.

#4317 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm still trying to understand how he's back doing pinball podcasts again. I thought he was done with it all not so long ago.

Lol, totally agree, but we know attention seekers like him will always be back bothering pinball again. He can’t resist and never thought he was going away for good. Was so much better in pinball with the likes of his podcast not airing.

He’s obviously trying to shift the narrative away from GNR with its troubles right now.

#4318 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol, totally agree, but we know attention seekers like him will always be back bothering pinball again. He can’t resist and never thought he was going away for good. Was so much better in pinball with the likes of his podcast not airing.

Wasn't it only not airing for a matter of weeks? It seemed like it was back just after I heard he deleted all his stuff and left for good. I do actually feel bad for him. He seems maybe bipolar or suffering from some mental disorder. He has some crazy swings. That can't be fun.

#4319 3 years ago

Well fellas I was able to have a easy fix to my problem with GI issue node board 9. Thanks to pin monk he’s truly a great asset to this community he help me pin point my issue it was a simple fix because of his Guidance .. you rock pin monk

#4320 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

The stern slim tapered posts wore out earlier on my center ramp and right ramp due to many bricked shots lol, less than 500 games I think. My slings seem to be wearing out a little too, flippers seem fine, but I don’t use the low bounce.

thanks i will grab extras for those, maybe some standards too see if it makes any difference, seems will likely order lots of rubbers in advance, no telling what international deliveries or even availability could be like over next few years with all the nonsensical regulations globally atm

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wasn't it only not airing for a matter of weeks?

Maybe he thought people would demand he come back? and when that didnt happen, he had no other option but do it anyway?

#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

So let me get this straight. People are getting rid off a pin which cost them thousands of dollars over a problem that costs $1 to fix? Ok.

#4323 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How do you know he said this, did you listen to his Podcast?

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Well fellas I was able to have a easy fix to my problem with GI issue node board 9. Thanks to pin monk he’s truly a great asset to this community he help me pin point my issue it was a simple fix because of his Guidance .. you rock pin monk

What was the problem?

#4325 3 years ago

Kanedas overall point was the game is too hard for the theme. But I dont know if I agree as this is the original turtles and not the latest iteration of them. The game is very hard and as he said adding a movable post on the left would help.

Im not a great player and tend to move my posts to the easier positions.

Might try the button thing in the left outlane today. Or the foam tape.

#4326 3 years ago

Tried searching didn’t see anything. Kids turned on my premium and getting an upper lock failure. Anyone else had that? Going to take a look this afternoon.

#4327 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What was the problem?

I was getting a error message GI over-surge on board 9 here’s a pic of what was my issue Incase someone comes across the same problem I had to check every GI to shake out the problem. Not actual picture hope it helps.

E16447E7-1D0E-46E7-B229-8519E12B0129 (resized).jpegE16447E7-1D0E-46E7-B229-8519E12B0129 (resized).jpeg
#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I was getting a error message GI over-surge on board 9 here’s a pic of what was my issue Incase someone comes across the same problem I had to check every GI to shake out the problem. Not actual picture hope it helps.[quoted image]

Nice avatar! I used to work with the woman in this picture on a dumb tv show.

#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I was getting a error message GI over-surge on board 9 here’s a pic of what was my issue Incase someone comes across the same problem I had to check every GI to shake out the problem. Not actual picture hope it helps.[quoted image]

Great catch! Nice to have a simple fix to a problem.

#4330 3 years ago

I’ve had too many locked balls that were magnetized in there that cause the coil to not lower. Clear the balls out manually and check for magnetism to see if that is your issue.

Quoted from Gahendo:

Tried searching didn’t see anything. Kids turned on my premium and getting an upper lock failure. Anyone else had that? Going to take a look this afternoon.

#4331 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Nice avatar! I used to work with the woman in this picture on a dumb tv show.

Lol I love that show if it was G4 tv?? Yeah she’s not the best actress but I think she a cutie..

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Lol I love that show if it was G4 tv?? Yeah she’s not the best actress but I think she a cutie..

Yep! Attack of the Show. I was a producer on the show for many years. Tough job, lots of good memories. Met my wife there and now we have two G4 babies.

#4333 3 years ago

Lol.. G4 Babies that’s a good one, unfortunately for me I just had 2 regular babies

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Thanks for posting this. I added it to the topic index in case anyone else runs across the issue.

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

So far LOVING our NIB TMNT Pro. However, I have already had to solder twice with 2 technician alerts. Have had DP and GOTG for 2 years and never a single soldering issue. The TMNT Pro I have clearly had a novice solderer or was just a quick job. Some really poor connection points overall. The game is otherwise great but I am a little disappointed with the quality. I should not have to solder a NIB machine twice in the first week.

#4336 3 years ago

Each Turtle gets their own Titan post rubber in our machine!
Mezel mods glider and mutagen canister are a must!
Also switched to Titan balls and no magnetic ball/lock issues so far.

TMNT-1 (resized).jpgTMNT-1 (resized).jpg

TMNT-3 (resized).jpgTMNT-3 (resized).jpg
#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Each Turtle gets their own Titan post rubber in our machine

Nice. I did that too! I really like look of it. Now I just need to get 2 green poats for beside the thr 2X playfield target.

#4338 3 years ago

Here is a sample video of our Hologram topper. This just has 8 videos, but it comes with about 40 videos. It will be listed in a couple of days. Most of the videos are about 30 seconds, just click 30 seconds forward to see next video.

#4339 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Here is a sample video of our Hologram topper. This just has 8 videos, but it comes with about 40 videos. It will be listed in a couple of days.

Next video, mute the background noise. I thought it was distracting.

#4340 3 years ago

You might want to try the Titan slim post rubbers instead. I think those look like the standard ones, and I've found that they tend to close off the shots a bit too much. Also, they're tapered and will help with airballs (like the original Stern design).

Although, I've also had a lot of issues with the slim posts getting chewed up quickly where they take a lot of direct hits, so this style may last a lot longer.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Each Turtle gets their own Titan post rubber in our machine!
Mezel mods glider and mutagen canister are a must!
Also switched to Titan balls and no magnetic ball/lock issues so far.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

You might want to try the Titan slim post rubbers instead. I think those look like the standard ones, and I've found that they tend to close off the shots a bit too much. Also, they're tapered and will help with airballs (like the original Stern design).
Although, I've also had a lot of issues with the slim posts getting chewed up quickly where they take a lot of direct hits, so this style may last a lot longer.

Every once in a while turn your titan post rubbers a quarter turn and they’ll last a good long time and not get chewed up.

#4342 3 years ago

This not my pumpkin but it sure is cool.

A4E464DC-FED3-4804-9E3C-9FD58D377D21 (resized).jpegA4E464DC-FED3-4804-9E3C-9FD58D377D21 (resized).jpeg
#4343 3 years ago

I seem to have more trouble with the pizza disc spinner sending balls SDTM than I do with the left outlane. I really don't care for disc spinners, and I would probably buy a TMNT if it didn't have one. Id be fine if it only ran at the start of multiball.

#4344 3 years ago

For those who are having trouble with the left outline drains... Have you tried turning down your slingshot coil strength? It can help a lot.

#4345 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I seem to have more trouble with the pizza disc spinner sending balls SDTM than I do with the left outlane.

Frankly, on my LE the disc sending down balls SDTM is no issue whatsoever. Balls lost SDTM are generally due to ricochet from posts (bad aiming / timing). Have you checked, whether your disc is level to the playfield? Maybe this makes a difference.

#4346 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I seem to have more trouble with the pizza disc spinner sending balls SDTM than I do with the left outlane. I really don't care for disc spinners, and I would probably buy a TMNT if it didn't have one. Id be fine if it only ran at the start of multiball.

You have to remember the pro disc only spins one direction which probably the root cause, the premiums and LE spin both ways which I think helps it a lot more.
I personally own a premium I can’t complain about STDM drains on the Contrary it has save me many times.

#4347 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

You have to remember the pro disc only spins one direction which probably the root cause, the premiums and LE spin both ways which I think helps it a lot more.
I personally own a premium I can’t complain about STDM drains on the Contrary it has save me many times.

My Pro spinning disc rarely sends it STDM, I'd start with checking how level the playfield is and/or disc inside the hole.

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

For those who are having trouble with the left outline drains... Have you tried turning down your slingshot coil strength? It can help a lot.

I have my slingshots turned down as low as I can and it hasn't done shit for me. Between this and avengers I'm at my wit's end trying to get these games working.

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have my slingshots turned down as low as I can and it hasn't done shit for me. Between this and avengers I'm at my wit's end trying to get these games working.

Stock rubber or 3rd party?

Have you tried re-gapping your sling switches to make them a little less sensitive?

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stock rubber or 3rd party?
Have you tried re-gapping your sling switches to make them a little less sensitive?

Stock Rubbers and I do not know what regapping is. Apologies very new when it comes to tweaking nib

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.