(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5492 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 240.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Mark my words, I will have this game at least ordered by the end of the year. Until then I'll leave this thread alone until I can officially join.
Will be my first pin.

I TOLD YOU I WOULD GET ONE!!! (Maybe I lied about staying away from this thread.)

Picked mine up this weekend from the original owner. Playfield is perfect! No pooling either.

Looks like I will need to oil up the spinner as I can hear a grinding noise on the spinner.

Also when the multiball starts the shaker (I'm assuming) is really, really noisy. Might have to look into adjusting that. My 3 year old daughter loves the art and the video screen animations. But she tells me it's "too noisy" and plugs her ears when the shaker really starts going off when the multiball starts. I don't know if i need to change the weights or what. Just really loud.

This is my first pin and I am beyond pumped to really start getting into it. Thing is kicking my A$$, but it is soooo fun.

#5052 3 years ago

I TOLD YOU I WOULD GET ONE!!! (Maybe I lied about staying away from this thread.)
Picked mine up this weekend from the original owner. Playfield is perfect! No pooling either.
Looks like I will need to oil up the spinner as I can hear a grinding noise on the spinner.
Also when the multiball starts the shaker (I'm assuming) is really, really noisy. Might have to look into adjusting that. My 3 year old daughter loves the art and the video screen animations. But she tells me it's "too noisy" and plugs her ears when the shaker really starts going off when the multiball starts. I don't know if i need to change the weights or what. Just really loud.
This is my first pin and I am beyond pumped to really start getting into it. Thing is kicking my A$$, but it is soooo fun.

I find that putting rubber cabinet bumpers behind the translite helps to minimize the rattle that comes from there during the shaker. Also, if the coin door is rattling during shaker movement, I'll add bumpers between the door and the bracket as well.

Other than that, it is still extremely loud on my machine during pizza multi-ball too. Comically so.

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I find that putting rubber cabinet bumpers behind the translite helps to minimize the rattle that comes from there during the shaker. Also, if the coin door is rattling during shaker movement, I'll add bumpers between the door and the bracket as well.
Other than that, it is still extremely loud on my machine during pizza multi-ball too. Comically so.

I never thought to use those there, brilliant!

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Something like this? https://pu-parts.com/stern-sega-data-east-rubber-bumper-plug-grommet

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Something similar just happened to me as well (pro 1.23 - code from factory build date nov 6), during multiball, game froze on jackpot screen (a ball was in the lair) and 4 other balls flying around, and all playfield lights went out. Then about 30 seconds later, the game rebooted on its own.
I have about 50 -75 games on it total.
hope this gets fixed...

Yes exactly the same issue. Hoping for a fix too in next code.

#5056 3 years ago

Several of us have relayed to Stern that the shaker effect at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball is too severe. Hoping they tone it down in next update or give option to only shut that in a "moderate us" setting. A few folks say they enjoy it, but we have shut our shaker off completely until a fix comes.

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Several of us have relayed to Stern that the shaker effect at start of Ninja Pizza Multiball is too severe. Hoping they tone it down in next update or give option to only shut that in a "moderate us" setting. A few folks say they enjoy it, but we have shut our shaker off completely until a fix comes.

Was wondering if I had a cabinet issue. Installed the same shaker motor in AIQ and its fine, I can hear game audio over the shaker and it isnt too much. My TMNT cabinet sounds like its about to fall apart with the exact same motor.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Basically any kind of rubber or soft shock absorber to stop rattling.

I've also used that black weather stripping foam, like the kind of stuff you can use on standup targets.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Was wondering if I had a cabinet issue. Installed the same shaker motor in AIQ and its fine, I can hear game audio over the shaker and it isnt too much. My TMNT cabinet sounds like its about to fall apart with the exact same motor.

Yeah I actually switched motors from my DP and GOTG which work fine thinking I had a shaker motor problem. It isn't a motor problem but a coding thing. All is fine really until Ninja Multiball!!!

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've also used that black weather stripping foam, like the kind of stuff you can use on standup targets.

This is probably the best option. The rubber stoppers don't have much give in them, so it can be tight getting that translite back on.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah I actually switched motors from my DP and GOTG which work fine thinking I had a shaker motor problem. It isn't a motor problem but a coding thing. All is fine really until Ninja Multiball!!!

I actually really like the start of ninja multiball. Hope it’s fixed with an option. Would hate to have it removed altogether.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I actually really like the start of ninja multiball. Hope it’s fixed with an option. Would hate to have it removed altogether.

Yes I know you and a few others liked it so hopefully they just have an option for users to tone it down or take it out with moderate or min use.

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from JTSCHRO:

Joined the Club! First machine for me and I couldn't be more excited. Ended up finding a Pro showroom model at local distributor. Hadn't played the game prior to purchase but felt confident it was what I wanted from the abundant info available on Pinside. Appreciate everyone's contributions here! After a few days of playing, I'm super happy with my purchase.
[quoted image]

Hells yeah! Now just need to invite me over to play

#5065 3 years ago

Tried filming a couple games, third game in some strange bug/glitch happened on first ball. Van wouldn’t stop loading right off the plunge, played tons of games in the new code,first time this happened. Hopefully they figure it out, it did it twice this game . Fun game,put up gc on that first glitchy ball . Then left Outlane ate all my balls. Enjoy!

#5066 3 years ago

I joined the club earlier this week with a November built TMNT pro. Just wanted to point out that the build quality was great and the playfield is perfect with no pooling or print fade. Also looks like no dimples.

Game plays perfect except ball will fly off ramp shop from the upper flipper. Just so fast!!!

F39272C8-400E-4B1A-A75F-9B6BFD721369 (resized).jpegF39272C8-400E-4B1A-A75F-9B6BFD721369 (resized).jpeg
#5067 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the Marshmallow topping actually does anything? It claims to allow "Unlimited Jackpots" but it doesn't seem to affect Mondo Jackpot or Jackpoto Grande. I know that hitting the pizza targets scores like 25K and there is a jackpot call out related to them but those appear to be unlimited regardless.

I also have a couple questions for you Prem/LE owners. How does the mushroom topping work? The LAIR lane will hold a single ball for some amount of time? Does it double the playfield scoring or anything?

Also, how does the Glider mode work exactly? Is it like the Krang Kombo where the shots will time out if you dont collect the Glider value? Or is it cumulative through out the game? Does the value max out? Can you collect it multiple times after building it up or does it reset? etc.

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Apparently the people who complain about the shaker being to rough haven’t played Ghostbusters the shaker is 2x what turtles shakes it literally shakes your body lol. I personally like the shake effect and n turtles it’s not even bad what’s the point of having a shaker if you want minimum effect. Dwights likes having his games have good shaker effects which I like.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Tried filming a couple games, third game in some strange bug/glitch happened on first ball. Van wouldn’t stop loading right off the plunge, played tons of games in the new code,first time this happened. Hopefully they figure it out, it did it twice this game . Fun game,put up gc on that first glitchy ball . Then left Outlane ate all my balls. Enjoy!

I bet your van diverter is getting wedged open. The diverter will eventually (and quickly) hit the plastic ramp edge so many times that it wears a spot into the plastic. Allowing the metal diverter to wedge itself open and thus all your balls load into the van. It’ll eventually work it’s way shut again due to vibrations.

I fixed my issue by adding a rubber bumper to the top of the coil stop. This gives diverter coil less movement so the diverter doesn’t hit the side of the ramp and get wedged open anymore.

Ever since I added the rubber bumper to the coil stop, my game plays perfectly. No more extra balls in the van. The rubber bumper is just a hard rubber with an adhesive back that you put on the back of your cupboard doors.

E8864939-F3CA-40A6-A516-9F3D2177DDFB.pngE8864939-F3CA-40A6-A516-9F3D2177DDFB.png
#5070 3 years ago

Did a couple of mods today thanks to mezel. Added the ooze canister light and the airball ramp cover, no more issues with the center ramp not registering anymore. Also put some cabinet stops behind the translight on this and my other machines. Def takes a lot of rattle out. I love this machine...

#5071 3 years ago

Finally got to Neutrino Pizza Party! Very cool mode. Love the animations of them playing pinball. Man that training is hard to get through and then hitting each X standup and then the ramp before they time out is tough. Only bummer is it's a timed mode and I think only 30 seconds long, and single ball. Not sure if there is a way to extend the time?

It would have been cool for Neutrino Pizza Party to be a reward for completing a couple pizza eating contests instead (right now that's a little anticlimactic compared tie fighter multiball from the equivalent mode in Star Wars). Then have a training themed reward in its place for getting to training level 3. Maybe it could be some sort of sparring match between the four turtles? It just feels like a nice training themed multiball would be a more appropriate reward for all that work, LOL.

No complaints though...just thinking out loud. Love, love, love this game! It definitely feels like the third in a kick-ass Dwight Sullivan trilogy with GoT and SW. And to me this is hands down Borg's best layout. Just so smooth and satisfying.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not sure if there is a way to extend the time?

Blue shot collects value and resets timer, red shots build blue shot value. The blue shot value maxes out at 6 million, so once you've hit a handful of red shots or if time is getting low, just chase the blue shot. Collected values are actually a bit higher than the values that are displayed.

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Maybe the actuator of the switch needs to be adjusted to be slightly more sensitive?

Yes, thank you good sir! A five second fix bending the actuator suddenly made the 123 foot combo valuable.

#5074 3 years ago

Ok, just had my first freeze-up during gameplay on V1.23. I was in the middle of turtle multiball when the lcd froze and all went silent. Then, the machine rebooted and went back to normal. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue.

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Ok, just had my first freeze-up during gameplay on V1.23. I was in the middle of turtle multiball when the lcd froze and all went silent. Then, the machine rebooted and went back to normal. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue.

You definitely are not. I think I saw at least two recent posts in this thread with this exact same issue.

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

You definitely are not. I think I saw at least two recent posts in this thread with this exact same issue.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the posts.

#5077 3 years ago

About to make an order for some shooter rod rubber tips from Marco. What other random pinball parts should I have on hand?

#5078 3 years ago

I have an odd issue on my TMNT Pro. Sometimes when I hit the left flipper, the apron lights shine on. If I then hit the right flipper it goes off. I haven't been able to video it for when it statically stays on, but I did manage to video the flicker from hitting the left flipper.

Has anyone else seen this phenomenon? It only occasionally happens to me. Usually a restart stops it from happening, but it's just odd.

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I have an odd issue on my TMNT Pro. Sometimes when I hit the left flipper, the apron lights shine on. If I then hit the right flipper it goes off. I haven't been able to video it for when it statically stays on, but I did manage to video the flicker from hitting the left flipper.
Has anyone else seen this phenomenon? It only occasionally happens to me. Usually a restart stops it from happening, but it's just odd.

Is it supposed to flash? The manual says both the apron lights are just part of the GI. The connect to CN15 on the Node 8 board. Check the connector, then follow the wire at pin 2 and 6 to see if there are any loose connectors. Also try wiggling the wire for the LED board in the apron that is intermittent.

It looks like the GI chain has 11 bulbs and 2 apron LED boards. A shorted GI bulb in the chain will do this, too, so if the above doesn't work, remove the bulbs in the chain one at a time and see if the apron lights work again.

#5080 3 years ago

The game shakes like a bastard during ninja pizza multiball with no shaker installed. Disable yours and give it a shot. When the balls are being spun around on the pizza spinner the shit is nuts. A shaker on top of that probably makes it really crazy.

#5081 3 years ago

Made my first pinball 3D print. Ooze canister cup holder. What do you all think

16F3377A-D940-46BF-BEBB-293A10BF0B13 (resized).jpeg16F3377A-D940-46BF-BEBB-293A10BF0B13 (resized).jpeg710BC155-E665-4215-BE6D-8612C4DBF0DE (resized).jpeg710BC155-E665-4215-BE6D-8612C4DBF0DE (resized).jpeg
#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

[quoted image][quoted image]

nice green, like it. Looks very massive.
I guess it took a long time to print?

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

nice green, like it. Looks very massive.
I guess it took a long time to print?

about 17 hours

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Yes me and at least another person have same issue. Always during Turtle Power MB. Happens every 50 or so games (or 25 or 100 who the heck knows!). But have had it happen about 5 times in 3 months.

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Apparently the people who complain about the shaker being to rough haven’t played Ghostbusters the shaker is 2x what turtles shakes it literally shakes your body lol. I personally like the shake effect and n turtles it’s not even bad what’s the point of having a shaker if you want minimum effect. Dwights likes having his games have good shaker effects which I like.

I LOVE shake effects...this effect at Pizza MB start is shaking along with a super loud grinding sound like the machine is being chewed up. Was thinking it was the motor but its not. Anyways, to each their own. An option to disable or tone down would be nice so all can enjoy it how they like.

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, but you need to next-level it. Print an insert in opaque white and another insert in neon green for each of the slots and snap those in. Stick three LEDs in each one. Put a springloaded platform with a switch at the bottom. When you put your drink in, it will depress the platform, activating the switch and turning on the "goo" glow lighting. Remove your drink, lights go off.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I LOVE shake effects...this effect at Pizza MB start is shaking along with a super loud grinding sound like the machine is being chewed up. Was thinking it was the motor but its not. Anyways, to each their own. An option to disable or tone down would be nice so all can enjoy it how they like.

There might be something weird with your shaker. Mine is a great effect and not obnoxiously strong at all. I've had many machines that were much stronger, Deadpool for one, and Star Trek. I would make sure the shaker is screwed down tight, check that there isn't a loose t-nut, etc. I would call the shaker effect average to most other games. I am using a Pinball Life shaker for reference, but I have had official Stern ones before and find them very similar. Do you possibly have a Cointaker Red Tremor? Those are insanely obnoxious, but that isn't the game's fault.

Also if your spinner is making that much noise, you should take it out and oil it. Some noise is normal, but "super loud grinding sound" is not normal. Try a drop of 3-in-1 oil. If you look through this thread there is a pic from Stern that shows where/how to oil properly.

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Same exact thing with mine. Stern shaker. The rest of the game the shaker is amazing. Just when that mutliball starts it seems like my game is going to break. And like I said my daughter has to cover her ears. I find myself prepping her by saying its going to get a little loud for a little bit so it doesn't scare her.

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There might be something weird with your shaker. Mine is a great effect and not obnoxiously strong at all. I've had many machines that were much stronger, Deadpool for one, and Star Trek. I would make sure the shaker is screwed down tight, check that there isn't a loose t-nut, etc. I would call the shaker effect average to most other games. I am using a Pinball Life shaker for reference, but I have had official Stern ones before and find them very similar. Do you possibly have a Cointaker Red Tremor? Those are insanely obnoxious, but that isn't the game's fault.
Also if your spinner is making that much noise, you should take it out and oil it. Some noise is normal, but "super loud grinding sound" is not normal. Try a drop of 3-in-1 oil. If you look through this thread there is a pic from Stern that shows where/how to oil properly.

Thanks. Interesting phenomenon as some having exact issue I am. Its a Pinball Life shaker. Its not the shaker though, I swapped out 2 other shakers from DP and GOTG that work fine in those games, and its the same issue only at NP multiball with those. Its all bolted down and tightened the head screw. Anyways, it's off until changes come...if not, it's still the favorite game in my collection without the shaker!

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks. Interesting phenomenon as some having exact issue I am. Its a Pinball Life shaker. Its not the shaker though, I swapped out 2 other shakers from DP and GOTG that work fine in those games, and its the same issue only at NP multiball with those. Its all bolted down and tightened the head screw. Anyways, it's off until changes come...if not, it's still the favorite game in my collection without the shaker!

That is weird. Mine is absolutely nothing like that and doesn't stand out as abnormal at all. Crazy. Hope you get it sorted out and the pizza multiball start is really well choreographed. Good luck!

#5091 3 years ago

B

Quoted from PinMonk:Nice, but you need to next-level it. Print an insert in opaque white and another insert in neon green for each of the slots and snap those in. Stick three LEDs in each one. Put a springloaded platform with a switch at the bottom. When you put your drink in, it will depress the platform, activating the switch and turning on the "goo" glow lighting. Remove your drink, lights go off.

haha I’m good for a collaboration if you want. We can work out the kinks

#5092 3 years ago

Anyone else have Battle Again carrying over not just from ball to ball, but from game to game? If I end a game with Battle Again lit, then start a new game and choose Leo, it still will keep it lit. So I'm essentially getting the benefit of Mikey AND Leo (or any other turtle).

#5093 3 years ago

That has been brought up as a bug for sure.

Quoted from BrotherSir:

Anyone else have Battle Again carrying over not just from ball to ball, but from game to game? If I end a game with Battle Again lit, then start a new game and choose Leo, it still will keep it lit. So I'm essentially getting the benefit of Mikey AND Leo (or any other turtle).

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

B

haha I’m good for a collaboration if you want. We can work out the kinks

I'll help you out if you get stuck, but it should be a pretty simple design. I imagine the button would be something like this in the bottom, with two stabilizers on the underside at the positions opposite the side pegs for stability. A short spring would raise the button if there was no drink in the holder to disengage the lights. Batteries could be in a compartment under the holder so there are no moisture issues from the drink.
button-animation.gifbutton-animation.gif

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll help you out if you get stuck, but it should be a pretty simple design.

It’s also missing a beer

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

There is a setting already under adjustments for shaker. Maximum, medium, and so forth..

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nice, but you need to next-level it. Print an insert in opaque white and another insert in neon green for each of the slots and snap those in. Stick three LEDs in each one. Put a springloaded platform with a switch at the bottom. When you put your drink in, it will depress the platform, activating the switch and turning on the "goo" glow lighting. Remove your drink, lights go off.

I see another pink monk product coming to the market! Could you throw a fan in it to keep my beer cool though? Now that would be next level

#5098 3 years ago

Struggling to find the extra ball rules! My first hundred or so games I was getting extra ball left right and centre now I’m struggling to even get an extra ball every 10 games. I know they kind of just happen but I thought they happened by completing 2 modes and then other things. What and I missing?

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Struggling to find the extra ball rules! My first hundred or so games I was getting extra ball left right and centre now I’m struggling to even get an extra ball every 10 games. I know they kind of just happen but I thought they happened by completing 2 modes and then other things. What and I missing?

I had a similar problem. The default feature settings stop giving you extra balls after a while if you continually get them. You can turn that off in the settings though so that you can get extra balls the same way every game. Can't quite remember the exact setting name, but it's in there.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Struggling to find the extra ball rules!

My understanding is there is an episode extra ball after starting 2 episodes and then another extra ball for collect a bunch of pizza slices, not sure how many, maybe around 60ish? Plus another extra ball from the pict-o-pops.

Maybe your pizza slice or episodes extra ball has auto adjusted to a higher number.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.