(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 242.
#9401 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thought I’d show proof of the silicon I removed from my TMNT. People go on how they are somehow “cleaner” for the PF to use than Stern stock rubber…..(not to mention my TMNT is now very playable and finally enjoyable).
[quoted image]

That silicone didn't itself disintegrate and become soot/dirt for the balls to spread around, so of course they're cleaner.

#9402 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

If someone that has done the servo replacement for the Glider, I would appreciate it if you could reach out. I installed a new servo, but it still isn't working. I watched the one video on YouTube that I could find, and followed the guide. It moves but when you push left it moves right. Also when it gets to an edge it keeps trying to move. I'm worried it's going to burn up the servo.

I know that I reversed the sevro by swapping the wires.

#9403 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

How many plays on those rubbers?

A few hundred is all.

#9404 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I want this game but all the complains about code really bother me.
I also heavily dislike low scoring games.
Layout and shots are amazing, but the low scoring and unfinished code kill it for me.

Ignore all the hate. There’s a glitch that happen occasionally. I’ve had it happen once in 1000 games. Tmnt is a close 2 to twd for me. This game I feel is Dwight’s best. Final battle is AMAZING! For me a close second to horde! I’ve had alien 3 weeks and had more hang ups.

Yes the scoring is a little on the low side but you’d be missing out on a fantastic game if you gave this one a miss

#9405 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it is almost like every Dwight game never gets finished code.
or am I wrong?

See ghostbusters and the update to game of thrones. This game is finished and is super enjoyable. Got to final battle again today it was awesome

#9406 1 year ago

So it reset on me again at the end of a game. I’m really not sure why. Also the Turtle Power light is on when it shouldn’t be. I could be mistaken but the light should only be on at the beginning of the game if Donatello is picked. Regardless of the turtle I pick the light starts on. The ramp Activates when it should but not sure why the light is on.

Any insight on either of my issues would be greatly appreciated.

#9407 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish I could read the ingredients menu at the start of PPMB. Small white font, light color menu background, getting old and needing new glasses.
Rob

Yeah, it's pretty fast too, that's why I made this:
20220911_112111 (resized).jpg20220911_112111 (resized).jpg
Really helps with strategizing the toppings when you're getting use to it as well. 11 toppings is a lot to memorize.

Quoted from hiker2099:

I joined the club recently and love TMNT. It is doing something weird though. Twice now it has performed a hard reset at the end of a game. Didn’t really bother me since it was at the end of the game but wondering why it happened. Any thoughts?

I've never had this problem but I think I've read about it way back in this forum somewhere. I'd re-seat all of the connectors including the ethernet cables, then also unlock and re-lock the sd card (I've had mine pop out part way before myself but it wouldn't boot properly). If not that, try a new (quality) SD card and burn the rom fresh.
Good luck, I bet it's just a connection.

#9408 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

So it reset on me again at the end of a game. I’m really not sure why. Also the Turtle Power light is on when it shouldn’t be. I could be mistaken but the light should only be on at the beginning of the game if Donatello is picked. Regardless of the turtle I pick the light starts on. The ramp Activates when it should but not sure why the light is on.

Tp is lit when the ramp will quality for advancement toward tpmb. It's blinking when it's ready. Don will blink to start, everyone else will be solid for (4-6?) shots to lite. It's only off after tpmb, and before it's re-lit by 4, 8 eps. and when something gets in the way like the foot 123 attack or other mbs.

#9409 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]
Really helps with strategizing the toppings when you're getting use to it as well. 11 toppings is a lot to memorize.

I've never had this problem but I think I've read about it way back in this forum somewhere. I'd re-seat all of the connectors including the ethernet cables, then also unlock and re-lock the sd card (I've had mine pop out part way before myself but it wouldn't boot properly). If not that, try a new (quality) SD card and burn the rom fresh.

Yo care to sell those cards or share the file that's a great addition

#9410 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]

Really nice! Are you selling these? If not, care to share the file? Thanks!

#9411 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Tp is lit when the ramp will quality for advancement toward tpmb. It's blinking when it's ready. Don will blink to start, everyone else will be solid for (4-6?) shots to lite. It's only off after tpmb, and before it's re-lit by 4, 8 eps. and when something gets in the way like the foot 123 attack or other mbs.

Oh sweet. Thanks. I will try reseating things as well to see if that stops the hard reset.

#9412 1 year ago

Hey everyone - I got a TMNT Premium a few weeks ago and decided to make some mods for it. I posted them over in the mod forum and thought I should post here as well in case anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1428-reflex-mods/07202-tmnt-pipe-mods-for-wire-ramps

there are more pictures in the shop but here are a few to show what they look like on the game.

PipesPlayfield (resized).jpgPipesPlayfield (resized).jpgPipesPlayfield2 (resized).jpgPipesPlayfield2 (resized).jpg
#9413 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]

Awesome Pizza Menu Card! Would you post a high definition copy of it here, so we may make one too?

#9414 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Ignore all the hate. There’s a glitch that happen occasionally. I’ve had it happen once in 1000 games. Tmnt is a close 2 to twd for me. This game I feel is Dwight’s best. Final battle is AMAZING! For me a close second to horde! I’ve had alien 3 weeks and had more hang ups.
Yes the scoring is a little on the low side but you’d be missing out on a fantastic game if you gave this one a miss

The Turtle Power Multiball crash is a huge problem, it’s a game breaking bug that happens at a 1 out of 45 chance. A huge bummer if it happens during a reset of the mode so late in a game. Hopefully it gets fixed one day cause the game is amazing otherwise. We really shouldn’t be recommending it to new people in its current state.

#9415 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

The Turtle Power Multiball crash is a huge problem, it’s a game breaking bug that happens at a 1 out of 45 chance. A huge bummer if it happens during a reset of the mode so late in a game. Hopefully it gets fixed one day cause the game is amazing otherwise. We really shouldn’t be recommending it to new people in its current state.

We have not had that happen on our game since we replaced the SD card and fixed a few other issues.. We had a fair few issues with our game straight out of the box. Our game crashed quite often during Turtle Power multiball and other times as well. Another reason to crash is the servo is faulty on the glider. We found some faulty wiring (cable tied too hard and wires were stripped) and just fixed one thing at a time. Game works great now.

TMNT is an amazing game once it works properly.

#9416 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

The reason the light always stays on is because your node board is bad. I had the same issue and had to buy from Stern a new node board to fix the light issue. Now light only comes on when it should. Think this is the node board number I ordered: 520-8446-00 PCB

Edit: Just confirmed it is the correct number and here is a photo I just took of the exact board you need to replace.

AC78F6CD-8B64-40C5-BD2D-4FC03907362B (resized).jpegAC78F6CD-8B64-40C5-BD2D-4FC03907362B (resized).jpeg
#9417 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The reason the light always stays on is because your node board is bad. I had the same issue and had to buy from Stern a new node board to fix the light issue. Now light only comes on when it should. Think this is the node board number I ordered: 520-8446-00 PCB
Edit: Just confirmed it is the correct number and here is a photo I just took of the exact board you need to replace.
[quoted image]

It doesn’t always stay on. Just starts solid goes off after TPMB happen.

Stern tech said the newest code (1.52) is being buggy with pros that don’t have IC. The hard reset at end of game is because of this. He sent me 1.51 and said I should revert back.

#9418 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Yo care to sell those cards or share the file that's a great addition

Quoted from mikespins:

Really nice! Are you selling these? If not, care to share the file? Thanks!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Awesome Pizza Menu Card! Would you post a high definition copy of it here, so we may make one too?

PM me your email addresses, the file is pretty big. If you like and keep them on your machine, you can always buy me a (PayPal) beer if you feel so obliged.

#9419 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]

That card is awesome

#9420 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]

Necessary! Thanks, brother.

#9421 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

That card is awesome

20220912_101054 (resized).jpg20220912_101054 (resized).jpg
There's actually 2. I'm pretty proud of them, they took me ages. It looks like they have really small font but except for the training perks, the font is around the same size as the original cards.
I'll send them out to you guys later. I just would prefer to do it all at once.
-----
When I was making them a friend said I should ask Dwight what he thought. Especially about the section with how to change the pizza toppings. I was struggling to explain it in few words. My friend actually met him at a board game building workshop in Chicago when he wasn't employed in Pinball (like 15 years ago?). Apparently a really down to earth guy and approachable. My friend after asking if he'd get back into pinball said he got the impression that he thought it's days were over. Thankfully he was wrong. I really think Dwight has brought some euro-style board game knowledge to tmnt. When I was trying to describe how the toppings system works it gave me a real appreciation for it. I guess we're just lucky there isn't a major bug in it too.

#9422 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]
There's actually 2. I'm pretty proud of them, they took me ages. It looks like they have really small font but except for the training perks, the font is around the same size as the original cards.
-----
When I was making them a friend said I should ask Dwight what he thought. Especially about the section with how to change the pizza toppings. I was struggling to explain it in few words. My friend actually met him at a board game building workshop in Chicago when he wasn't employed in Pinball (like 15 years ago?). Apparently a really down to earth guy and approachable. My friend after asking if he'd get back into pinball said he got the impression that he thought it's days were over. Thankfully he was wrong. I really think Dwight has brought some euro-style board game knowledge to tmnt. When I was trying to describe how the toppings system works it gave me a real appreciation for it. I guess we're just lucky there isn't a major bug in it too.

Very cool. These are great and I will happily buy you a beer for your work. PM sent!

#9423 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Hey everyone - I got a TMNT Premium a few weeks ago and decided to make some mods for it. I posted them over in the mod forum and thought I should post here as well in case anyone is interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1428-reflex-mods/07202-tmnt-pipe-mods-for-wire-ramps
there are more pictures in the shop but here are a few to show what they look like on the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

I REALLY like these, but is there any chance of making the ooze a bit more neon?

#9424 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It doesn’t always stay on. Just starts solid goes off after TPMB happen.
Stern tech said the newest code (1.52) is being buggy with pros that don’t have IC. The hard reset at end of game is because of this. He sent me 1.51 and said I should revert back.

That's working correctly, then!
On solid = you can progress to TPMB
Flashing = TPMB ready
Off = can NOT progress to TPMB (due to having already played it; stays off until Team-Up is played)

#9425 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

PM me your email addresses, the file is pretty big. If you like and keep them on your machine, you can always buy me a (PayPal) beer if you feel so obliged.

If anyone has access to a nice printer to print some of these out, could I sweet-talk them into sending me a set?

#9426 1 year ago
Quoted from Collin:

That's working correctly, then!
On solid = you can progress to TPMB
Flashing = TPMB ready
Off = can NOT progress to TPMB (due to having already played it; stays off until Team-Up is played)

Thanks for the confirmation. I feel a ton better

#9427 1 year ago

Emails sent. LMK, if you didn't get one.

Quoted from Collin:

If anyone has access to a nice printer to print some of these out, could I sweet-talk them into sending me a set?

I just used my laser printer with laser printer photo paper. Turned out ok but I know they could be better. If anyone has recommendations for professional printers, in person or online, lmk.

#9428 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I just used my laser printer with laser printer photo paper. Turned out ok but I know they could be better. If anyone has recommendations for professional printers, in person or online, lmk.

I would buy a set.

#9429 1 year ago

I think a couple months back I saw someone working on a plastic cover to prevent fly balls on the right ramp. Did anyone end up selling those? My game definitely needs it!

#9430 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I think a couple months back I saw someone working on a plastic cover to prevent fly balls on the right ramp. Did anyone end up selling those? My game definitely needs it!

Yes. I have several of these made. We are in the process of moving so they are currently boxed up (also why they are not in the marketplace yet). Feel free to send me a PM to remind me and I’ll reach out here in a couple weeks once we are settled. Thanks!

#9431 1 year ago

System J, your cards are excellent.

37521EE8-87E1-4009-901A-19E32C249061 (resized).jpeg37521EE8-87E1-4009-901A-19E32C249061 (resized).jpegCD634E28-0BF1-4029-9B25-D92603CB5F33 (resized).jpegCD634E28-0BF1-4029-9B25-D92603CB5F33 (resized).jpegDF3601C6-CEA2-454D-BC9A-10E2C81EC2AB (resized).jpegDF3601C6-CEA2-454D-BC9A-10E2C81EC2AB (resized).jpeg
#9432 1 year ago

anyone know what the powder coat RAL number is for turtles LE?

#9433 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

System J, your cards are excellent. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Oh wow, what are those larger card holders? They look perfect for these cards.

#9434 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Do you have a PDF of these cards you could share?

#9435 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

Thanks! Oh wow, what are those larger card holders? They look perfect for these cards.

Yes, card holders. I don’t like it when you have to tuck in the corners of the card into the apron.

#9436 1 year ago

Hey y’all. Having an issue when I go to start the game. After the start button is pressed the GI goes dark and the game reboots. Thought it was an SD card issue, so I got a new SD and put a fresh image on it. This worked for a day or so, but now the issue is occurring again. Anyone else have this issue previously?

#9437 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]
-----

That other card is also awesome!! We’ll done! Would love a set too

#9438 1 year ago

What are card holders

#9439 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I've got a Canon photo printer. I'll

Quoted from R_Coles:

Hey y’all. Having an issue when I go to start the game. After the start button is pressed the GI goes dark and the game reboots. Thought it was an SD card issue, so I got a new SD and put a fresh image on it. This worked for a day or so, but now the issue is occurring again. Anyone else have this issue previously?

I was having this issue a while back. I flashed a new card, and was about to install it, but the game just started to work properly again on it's own. Very bizarre. Still have the other SD card ready to go.

#9440 1 year ago

Need help! I installed insider connected on my turtles pro and now it’s freezing every few minutes into a game. Any ideas?

#9441 1 year ago

Maybe fixed… I updated the game to the latest code about a month ago. I think after installing inside or connected today I needed to let it have a power off after the microSD was set up. It played two games now without freezing.

#9442 1 year ago

Yaknow, the leaderboards never seemed like cheaterboards, and I thought I had a decent chance at staying near the top with my 114 million game… till I saw these 10+ billion games… come on

4DA81618-E5F0-416E-AEA1-6BE2758A0462 (resized).jpeg4DA81618-E5F0-416E-AEA1-6BE2758A0462 (resized).jpeg
#9443 1 year ago

61 billion lmao! ok there bud, sure.

93063A64-56E1-4265-AF36-BE03F12BB068 (resized).jpeg93063A64-56E1-4265-AF36-BE03F12BB068 (resized).jpeg
#9444 1 year ago

Holy crap! I thought that said 61 million. ... I was going to post this to gloat, now I'm a bit embarrassed:
20220918_200342 (resized).jpg20220918_200342 (resized).jpg

#9445 1 year ago

Re: My custom TMNT score cards

Emailing everyone separately is more work than I expected. I'm also a bit disappointed at how many people said they'd endorse my alcohol habit and haven't. Or even send a 'thanks' reply for that matter. So change of plans, I'm going to insert a medium res version here. Feel free to print and use it for personal use. If you like it and want a high res. version, you can donate a beer to me via paypal and I'll send it to you (PM me). I'll also keep track of who sent me thanks via paypal (or other trades), and send you any updates to the cards (with say, rule changes) that I do in the future. I may also make a custom premium set if anyone shows interest.

Here's the medium res cards:

TMNT_custom-score-card1-low-res750_System-J (resized).jpgTMNT_custom-score-card1-low-res750_System-J (resized).jpg

TMNT_custom-score-card2-low-res750_System-J (resized).jpgTMNT_custom-score-card2-low-res750_System-J (resized).jpg

I've obviously appropriated Stern's and TMNT artwork for this and am not taking credit for the logos and images that I've used. But I did spend a ton of time thinking, organizing, and re-designing these cards. I'm pretty pleased the way I was able to organize a lot of information into something manageable to read; breaking it up so you can quickly scan to see what information you want at the time. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Added 12 months ago:

There's a PDF printable version of these cards now up on my website:
https://systemjpinball.ca/index.php/2023/04/30/legacy-tmnt-score-cards-free/
They are a bit higher resolution than the ones above and are much easier to print.

#9446 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yaknow, the leaderboards never seemed like cheaterboards, and I thought I had a decent chance at staying near the top with my 114 million game… till I saw these 10+ billion games… come on [quoted image]

And people complained TMNT was a low scoring game

Wait for the multi trillion point games on BM66....

Rob

#9447 1 year ago

Can you play a 4 player co-op game and it count on the leaderboard? They had that issue with the Mando leaderboards

#9448 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

61 billion lmao! ok there bud, sure.
[quoted image]

Check out this thread to see how those scores happened. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-son-and-i-broke-the-tmnt-stern-leaderboard-#post-7143219

#9449 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yaknow, the leaderboards never seemed like cheaterboards, and I thought I had a decent chance at staying near the top with my 114 million game… till I saw these 10+ billion games… come on [quoted image]

that leaderboard is wrong. My score was more like 150 or 160m but I was in 3rd or 4th when I got it. The highest score was 210m or so I believe.

edit: its also wrong in my personal stats, which sucks because now I dont know what my actual best score is.

#9450 1 year ago

I was having this issue a while back. I flashed a new card, and was about to install it, but the game just started to work properly again on it's own. Very bizarre. Still have the other SD card ready to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.