IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,440 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 449.
#11651 2 years ago

Finally joined the club said bye to GnR & lovin this prem so much more! Having fun modding & tweaking the lighting in this game, really like how sneaking a color changer in behind the left kickout shot did away with the whitewood that kept bugging me

5FF83F0B-3203-4B3C-944B-C32C6D7E05EF (resized).jpeg5FF83F0B-3203-4B3C-944B-C32C6D7E05EF (resized).jpeg839910C8-2178-4394-BFEE-E5D9FCF4003D (resized).jpeg839910C8-2178-4394-BFEE-E5D9FCF4003D (resized).jpegF84001F4-7BA3-4D78-8C25-9FA18C558FD5 (resized).jpegF84001F4-7BA3-4D78-8C25-9FA18C558FD5 (resized).jpegFD70316F-C5D8-4E0E-AF18-705BB264B36F (resized).jpegFD70316F-C5D8-4E0E-AF18-705BB264B36F (resized).jpeg

#11652 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Finally joined the club said bye to GnR & lovin this prem so much more! Having fun modding & tweaking the lighting in this game, really like how sneaking a color changer in behind the left kickout shot did away with the whitewood that kept bugging me
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Im curious about that color changer idea!

#11653 2 years ago

Sure, maybe $5 in parts from Comet, easy and super effective! I used a flex 555 color changer (slow) in a matrix 555 light socket and used a matrix cool white bulb under the plastic behind that left target to power it. There’s just enough room under that plastic to lay the new light/socket in there and place the bulb in the tiny space to the upper left corner of that target then put the plastic back down and it fits snug aiming it at the whitewood, you can see the led here but can’t see the bulb from players angle, the whitewood soaks up the colors perfectly

277956D2-1423-4BEA-A2F3-38F3EFB37FC0 (resized).jpeg277956D2-1423-4BEA-A2F3-38F3EFB37FC0 (resized).jpeg
#11654 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I run alligator clipped speaker wire from the woofer of 2 games to one sub, polk psw 10. I currently have 5 of them hooked in pairs on ten games. Has worked great for me for years. U spend way less, and sounds waaaaaay better, for a decent powered sub split between 2 games than you would wasting money on the “speaker kits” many sell.
A nice powered sub is a audio game changer.

Can you play both games at the same time?

#11655 2 years ago

Just snagged a UV kit on eBay woohoo

#11656 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just snagged a UV kit on eBay woohoo

I still have my UV kit, with no game

I am holding out hope they will run more Premiums in 2022. Probably won't, but I feel like they will decide to announce another run the day after I choose to sell the kit.

#11657 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. I got GnR LE and St LE on same weeked earlier this year. GnR lasted 40 days or
So. ST still going strong. Such a good game

#11658 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Can you play both games at the same time?

Most definitely

#11659 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I am holding out hope they will run more Premiums in 2022.

My advice is to just order a pro from the run in September. They are still available and, in my opinion, there isn’t a huge difference between the pro and premium for Stranger Things. If you do that, you aren’t holding out with false hope and can start enjoying the pin sooner rather than later…or maybe never.

#11660 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

My advice is to just order a pro from the run in September. They are still available and, in my opinion, there isn’t a huge difference between the pro and premium for Stranger Things. If you do that, you aren’t holding out with false hope and can start enjoying the pin sooner rather than later…or maybe never.

But there is a huge difference. The overall experience is much different. Even the swipe a ball completely changes the way you play the game.

I suggest don’t hope for new premiums, just buy other games and hope to find a Le or Premium down the road when prices cool off.

That game you buy until you find the premium, could be STH pro.

#11661 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Yup, you can’t not like the pro if you want a premium. They are the same game. If you love the pro then upgrade if they do happen to do another run.

#11662 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But there is a huge difference. The overall experience is much different. Even the swipe a ball completely changes the way you play the game.

I think that may be true for someone like you, but for the more average player I disagree. The projector is cosmetic. It’s cool but it’s just a projector. The TK lock, at least when I’ve played a premium, didn’t work all that well or at least consistently. The demogorgon shakes I guess but I think it’s hard to tell. Anyway, on a more basic level, I just don’t think the difference between the two is worth the extra dollars for a premium with stranger things. Compare that to AIQ where I think a premium is well worth the extra dollars.

#11663 2 years ago

Yeah you have to have more experience on both to see the the drastic differences. If the pro is good enough that’s huge cause it’s way cheaper and easier to find.

When I go out and compete on the pro, it’s like I’m not even playing the game, because I’m so used to the extras. No soul.

Pro owners. Be absolutely certain you add the powered external sub too. That’s a simple addition that can really boost the experience. And the UV kit of course.

#11664 2 years ago

Anything related to the TK lock can’t be a reason to upgrade since it could never work.

#11665 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anything related to the TK lock can’t be a reason to upgrade since it could never work.

I mean...Mine works 99.95% of the time.

Now, mind you, it sucked ass getting it dialed in to that point

Projector is 75% of the difference, but tk lock is really cool too IMHO.

#11666 2 years ago

I've played a lot of both and the Prem is not a strict upgrade over the Pro. The TK lock is just not good. If I could get a premium for normal price I might buy it to see if I could make it work well enough but I may also turn it off. The pro plays better in my opinion, the projector is very cool and unique.

I never knew the demo moved until I read the matrix again recently, not impressive.

#11667 2 years ago

I upgraded to a premium from a pro and I guess I just don’t see all the hub bub about the projector and the Tk lock is ok after a lot of tweaking but to tell the truth I was fine with my pro with the uv kit and I think most will be also!

#11668 2 years ago

I think if the prem was readily available it would be a no brainer and there would be no debate. But it is what it is so pro is not a bad option right now.

If you could get an aftermarket projector you'd get most of the way there.

#11669 2 years ago

It can’t be understated that the barrier to entry to the premium or LE is extremely steep as far as dialing it in. If your not willing to put hours and hours into getting it to play right, don’t bother trying to find one. It won’t be worth it if everything doesn’t work 100%

At the end of the day the gameplay of this game is solid but not amazing, so the experience around that solid gameplay is what has kept it in my house for this long.

#11670 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It can’t be understated that the barrier to entry to the premium or LE is extremely steep as far as dialing it in. If your not willing to put hours and hours into getting it to play right, don’t bother trying to find one. It won’t be worth it if everything doesn’t work 100%
At the end of the day the gameplay of this game is solid but not amazing, so the experience around that solid gameplay is what has kept it in my house for this long.

Interesting, I really enjoy the gameplay. I have owned almost all modern Sterns and my enjoyment of NST is higher than most the popular recent titles. That's what makes it interesting though, there's a game for everyone.

Edit: Further, if I didn't love it and had an LE you can guarantee I would have turned it into two Pros and cash already.

#11671 2 years ago

It’s a WPC game through and through. Nothing wrong with that, just not the rules/gameplay I would put up there with all time greats like Elwin games, TWD, GOT etc.

#11672 2 years ago

I'm joining the party late, but glad to have fully baked code now on my Pro. My family is very satisfied with this one, and at my price point there is no way I could justify spending the extra Gs for a projector and magnetic lock. Earlier run, everything working great so far out of the box. UV kit ordered.

This is my first spike game, and I was excited to see the service rails and color changing inserts. Pro has stepped up game since my previous which had pegs.

#11673 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm joining the party late, but glad to have fully baked code now on my Pro. My family is very satisfied with this one, and at my price point there is no way I could justify spending the extra Gs for a projector and magnetic lock. Earlier run, everything working great so far out of the box. UV kit ordered.
This is my first spike game, and I was excited to see the service rails and color changing inserts. Pro has stepped up game since my previous which had pegs.

First Pro with RGB inserts was Star Trek, but they didn't keep that going because TWD Pro came later and has none. Service rails came back as standard on Pros starting with Iron Maiden. Very nice to have them back. Apologies, if you knew this stuff.

#11674 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a WPC game through and through. Nothing wrong with that, just not the rules/gameplay I would put up there with all time greats like Elwin games, TWD, GOT etc.

I've owned all these too, and prefer STh to them all. It's the mix of gameplay / theme / difficulty that keeps me coming back again and again. STh Pro has outlasted TWD, GOT, IMDM by a long shot for me.

#11675 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I've owned all these too, and prefer STh to them all. It's the mix of gameplay / theme / difficulty that keeps me coming back again and again. STh Pro has outlasted TWD, GOT, IMDM by a long shot for me.

People wanna complain that Stranger Things is AFM/Medieval mashup, but that's kinda why it's great. We love those games. Brian gave us a mashup of his hits with modern rules and a great theme. And I love the throwback EB animation.

#11676 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

People wanna complain that Stranger Things is AFM/Medieval mashup, but that's kinda why it's great. We love those games. Brian gave us a mashup of his hits with modern rules and a great theme. And I love the throwback EB animation.

I agree. It is also the perfect non pinball players game. Every time I have people over to my house, STh gets played more than all of my other games combined.

#11677 2 years ago

Oh yeah. It complements my collection perfectly. I don’t want all my sterns to be super complex. But if this was my only game, I’d be looking to add to it quickly.

#11678 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I agree. It is also the perfect non pinball players game. Every time I have people over to my house, STh gets played more than all of my other games combined.

Yeah. This is the type of game that gets people into pinball.

#11679 2 years ago

Yeah Premium/LE all the way. Pro is definitely great but the Premium/LE is an experience in and of itself. Its the first game my wife and daughter were literally saying "woah...that is awesome". No other game have they given two shites about TK lock can get dialed in for sure and even if you don't like the magnet, just disable it and it will lock just like the Pro. The choice is nice.

Aside from that, the game overall is the perfect mix of atmosphere, rules, mood lighting, shot feel, difficulty curve for wizard mode(s), humor here and there. Top 10 all time in my opinion.

#11680 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. This is the type of game that gets people into pinball.

I love GOT more as well but even after I explain it to someone new at my house their eyes glaze over.

edit: GOT Pro is an all timer for me.

#11681 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I love GOT more as well but even after I explain it to someone new at my house their eyes glaze over.
edit: GOT Pro is an all timer for me.

Totally. That game wouldn’t be good to have on its own either. Should step it up to the premium. Super awesome with the new code. I’ll never not have GOT. Maybe I’ll go LE in a few years. Haha

#11682 2 years ago

Next week I'll be completing a straight trade for my Stranger Things Pro for an Avenger IQ Pro. I'll finish the attract mode code for the Premium/LE models and make it available to anyone who wants it.

#11683 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Next week I'll be completing a straight trade for my Stranger Things Pro for an Avenger IQ Pro. I'll finish the attract mode code for the Premium/LE models and make it available to anyone who wants it.

Nice

#11684 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I had a similar decision recently and decided to upcycle my guardians into an avengers premium. It's on order to sit next to my St. Now if only it would get built by stern lol.

#11685 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh yeah. It complements my collection perfectly. I don’t want all my sterns to be super complex. But if this was my only game, I’d be looking to add to it quickly.

I would love to find a pin that could stand on its own in my game room…haven’t yet but I’m always looking. The “Swipe a ball” feature is the one and only upgrade/feature from the premium models that I’m a bit jealous of…as a pro owner.

#11686 2 years ago

Yeah it’s impossible to only have one pinball machine imo.

#11687 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I had a similar decision recently and decided to upcycle my guardians into an avengers premium. It's on order to sit next to my St. Now if only it would get built by stern lol.

Have you already sold Guardians? I'm interested if you haven't and are selling.

#11688 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I want the projector. Doesn't change the gameplay, but changes the overall experience. As Chuckwurt said, I will just pick up a used one in a couple of years if they don't do another run.

If i end up never getting one, then so be it. Lots of pins in the sea. I don't like to compromise on my "fun" stuff, I either get what I want or just don't bother. At the very least, I will have a nice UV kit

#11689 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Sure, maybe $5 in parts from Comet, easy and super effective! I used a flex 555 color changer (slow) in a matrix 555 light socket and used a matrix cool white bulb under the plastic behind that left target to power it. There’s just enough room under that plastic to lay the new light/socket in there and place the bulb in the tiny space to the upper left corner of that target then put the plastic back down and it fits snug aiming it at the whitewood, you can see the led here but can’t see the bulb from players angle, the whitewood soaks up the colors perfectly
[quoted image]

I really love how this is looking. It's a great idea to put an LED there. I couldn't really do something like that, though. I'm not skilled enough with sutff like that.
But imagine how awesome this would look with LEDs which reacted to the current mode. It would fit in very nicely.

I got a PRO. I have a mod sticker for the ramp because it bothered me that this is only silver and this is the last piece of my pro that has no color (this is one point that hasn't been said in this recent discussion about the premium: It looks really boring turned off with all the white spaces)
Another thing that hasn't been said is that in the PRO it's way easier to shoot into the left rampd with your back hand. So, in this case the PRO has an advantage in gameplay even. I know a few people who prefer the PRO because of this.

#11690 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Have you already sold Guardians? I'm interested if you haven't and are selling.

Machine is already sold and gone. I do miss it but it was a opportunity I couldn't pass up.

#11691 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is why I don't have people over to my house.

#11692 2 years ago

So Ive played the game maybe 5-6 times so far, I love it.. but I haven't noticed jack crap on the ramps, does it actually project something because I haven't seen anything.

#11693 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So Ive played the game maybe 5-6 times so far, I love it.. but I haven't noticed jack crap on the ramps, does it actually project something because I haven't seen anything.

Xmas lights during single ball play, during some modes that use the ramps, and during multiball. TK multiball. Play in a dark setting to get the most out of the projector images.

#11694 2 years ago

And that's antoher reason for me to prefer to Pro to be honest: You need a somewhat dark room to enjoy the Premium because the projector is not very bright. I'm living in a old building with no good blinds on the windows...
So, the Pro is visually way more enjoyable for people with circumstances like that.

And if you've got some experience with projectors you know that the borghtness will get worse quite quickly over time.

#11695 2 years ago

So after reading many of the posts above figured I'd chime in with my thoughts on the pro vs premium as I have owned both and actually went the other way and downgraded to a Pro. Now before you go what on earth was this guy thinking...... lol here me out....as much as I would like to say the projector adds so much to the atmosphere - it is just.....ok - it is a great 1st attempt at something different but really wasn't quite ready for prime time. The images can be washed out without upgrading the panels to a different screen mod, as was mentioned above, other than the drops and main screen, it is not used much on the ramps and sides and ok on the spinner and stand ups which have a tendency to move and or fall off. The projector also tends to easily get out of focus at times with a shaker even with the pad stopping the focus wheel from moving. The TK lock mech should have been redesigned, no one should spend the amount of time that folks have on "dialing" in this mech - yes it is fun when it works, but even after dialing in unless it is a strong unobstructed shot - it just isn't gonna make it and work 100% - I see folks posting hey mine works 95%, 80%, 60% - should the same expectation be for the flipper mechs to only work that often....lol no 100% is the expectation. Yes of course you can disable it, but then you have already compromised on the premium product due to a feature not working as intended. Ok the third difference is the moving Demogorgon and well.....yup it shakes.......again that's ok but not exactly earth shattering stuff here.... I really do think the pro with uv kit and Cleland mod may be the best bang for your buck and just plain fun. Obviously either game is great as they are the exact same in gameplay shots - you miss nothing on pro vs prem/le. Just my two cents - glad we have two versions to banter about on the internet as either choice is a winner winner chicken dinner!

#11696 2 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

it just isn't gonna make it and work 100% - I see folks posting hey mine works 95%, 80%, 60% - should the same expectation be for the flipper mechs to only work that often....lol no 100% is the expectation.

If it's not 95%+, it's not dialed in. I don't even think about it when I'm playing anymore. Obviously it's ridiculous that it wasn't working well from the factory and required so much effort by the consumer to get working. I think that's part of the reason they're not running prems anymore. Not worth the headache on their side.

#11697 2 years ago

Just spent half a day tweaking on my TK with new cover, workin pretty smooooth. Rod was 2mm too close and a 1/4" too high per factory specs (NIB). Haven't missed a wall lock so far and get to have 3 on the wall! Now if I can just get my shot to the ramp dialed in! 3 of those hours was me manually resetting the cradle and just working on that shot relentlessly lol

But I have a different issue, my ball likes to stall right here just after it gets through the gate in the inner left lane sometimes. Have to tilt to make it continue out of there. Anyone figured out a way to fix this?

20210813_165856 (resized).jpg20210813_165856 (resized).jpg

#11698 2 years ago

Does the gate need to be bent out to eliminate that trap? Mine's never done that.

#11699 2 years ago

Mine does the same thing.

#11700 2 years ago

The TK Lock discussion reminds me of the GOTLE 2-level VUK discussion. I had to play around with my GOTLE’s VUK for a few weeks to make it work right, but it’s been solid for at least 3 years since then. I think the TK lock is pretty badass, but you’re gonna have to work for it when you get the game.

None of this matches the level of masochism it takes to own an Atari Tempest. That game loves to blow chassis transistors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,440 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/234?hl=wildrover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.