IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#882 4 years ago

I’m in!

135DF9BB-32FA-42AE-B5B3-083F50EBBFD9 (resized).jpeg135DF9BB-32FA-42AE-B5B3-083F50EBBFD9 (resized).jpeg
#884 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still hoping to get in soon when someone sells their pro to by an LE

Hey, that’s what I did!!

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I have mine set up so the backbox turns off when a ball is in play.

I monkeyed with this a bit - I'm at 20% brightness during a game. Backbox still looks good from a distance, and there's almost no glare on the upper PF.

#1051 4 years ago

Update - my up-post fell out after 110 plays (for those keeping a record). Stern says they have replacements that are better attached, and are sending me one. For now I used 2-part epoxy and it's holding OK.

Also, I'm seeing the dents on the ramp entrances as well - photo attached.

STh4 (resized).jpgSTh4 (resized).jpg
#1189 4 years ago

Curious where everyone ended up setting their outlane posts? Tightest setting seems too easy, and the highest setting is a little rough but not too bad. That's where mine are now, but contemplating putting them right in the middle spot. Anyone mess with this?

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I left them wide open and turned the sling power down a bit. I found that to be a good middle ground.

Cool, thank you.

#1296 4 years ago

Pro owners - here’s a pic of the replacement up-post for the ball lock. Looks like a much better bond between the metal and plastic. Installing tonight.

2F817C48-730A-446E-9C8E-4E4FA457FFF2 (resized).jpeg2F817C48-730A-446E-9C8E-4E4FA457FFF2 (resized).jpegD0273D7B-F7CD-489A-A6EF-F8B1E9531B66 (resized).jpegD0273D7B-F7CD-489A-A6EF-F8B1E9531B66 (resized).jpeg
#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Did Stern send out free? They should send one to all Pro owners.

It was sent free of charge. Give them a call or email and have your S/N ready - they’re happy to work with new owners. I’ve always had great service directly from Stern.

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is this something Stern is sending out for free or did you have to buy it? The one at leagues flew out yesterday during practice. If Stern is giving them out, I'll just tell the operator.

Check my post #1304 - they will send it out as a warranty item, just call with the S/N and they're happy to work with owners.

#1330 4 years ago

Guys, on a positive note - I love the shots on this game, I love the rules so far, I'm such a fan of the show that I love the video/audio clips, and I find it extremely addictive. It definitely has that "one more game" feel to it. I can't wait for a code update, and thinking this is going to be a keeper for quite a while. My only problem right now is that my basement is nice and dark, and would be perfect for a Premium. If anyone is looking for a lightly used Pro, I might make that leap... (Not sure yet, but considering it)

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Big day today for us STH owners! New update hopefully!!!

Can't wait!!!

1 week later
#1900 4 years ago

I love this game. Just played about 10 games. Kicked my ass. Best was about 96MM. Hard to stop playing. Just... one... more... game...

1 week later
#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I made my own out of a metal D20...

That looks sick!

#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm still having an issue with my left flipper sticking.

Make sure you have a credit card thickness clearance between the flipper bat and the bushing. I’ve seen this issue straight from Stern - flippers assembled with no gap.

#2340 4 years ago

Finally got a Total Isolation mode! What a rush!!

E0811E30-5834-46FA-8169-A0B60D0A1512 (resized).jpegE0811E30-5834-46FA-8169-A0B60D0A1512 (resized).jpeg
#2357 4 years ago

Any word on what the "video mode" will be? Every time I get mystery I see that option and wonder...

3 weeks later
#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright hillbillies!!

Tournament again tomorrow!

12pm eastern to 12 am eastern time.

I’ll send out the special initials you’ll need to submit to verify you didn’t get the combos a different day. I’ll release that right before noon tomorrow.

Resetting your scores is not necessary, but I always do it just to start fresh.

Winner gets a Pincinnati t-shirt and if I can find the stickers I’ll send some too.

Good luck!

I will give it a shot this time!

#2886 4 years ago

Can’t even get combo champ yet!!!!! I’ll keep trying!

#2889 4 years ago

I suck, but at least I dressed for the tourney!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2893 4 years ago

Getting better.

#2901 4 years ago

Noooooooooo!!!!

Great score

#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Here you go. I got a couple of magnetic apron covers made up and use the one fitted to match my custom translite.

Are these magnetic apron covers for sale anywhere? What a beautiful mod.

#3026 4 years ago

Maybe a stupid question, but can you be running the Cleland code and update with the stock file from Stern? OR do I have to switch back to the Stern stock SD card and then run the update? I'm so hooked on the Cleland sounds, I really don't want to go back to stock.

2 months later
#4144 3 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Noticed they took out video mode as a option on mystery!! Was hoping they were eventually gunna do something with that and the middle button......

Damn, that's disappointing. I was really hoping for a cool video mode.

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d be shocked if this game doesn’t get a video mode based on prior conversations with EDDY.

I hope you're right.

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But if it doesn’t I couldn’t care less. Video modes are just a goofy novelty to me. It would help fill out the game a bit, but I won’t lose any sleep over it if they don’t put one in.

I’d be more disappointed if they didn’t code in dirty pool than a video mode.

I know you're right, and I would normally agree with you. I've just been hoping to see a video mode with this theme for some reason...

1 week later
#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Anyone have any clue if the center button will ever be used in this game? I loved the silly video modes in Star Wars.

Are there video modes in Star Wars, other than the "navigate the asteroid field" one? I haven't owned SW in a while...

1 week later
#4657 3 years ago

What % are people getting "Bull$@!t mode" as a mystery award? I have probably played 20-30 games since updating to 0.94 and have not been awarded that mode once.

#4660 3 years ago

OK, thanks guys. Haven't had too much time to play lately, but posted a few scores in the 300-400 mil range and was thinking I would have seen it at least once. I'll keep trying!

1 week later
#4810 3 years ago

I adjusted my sling power down to 15. Works great for me, but I also put my outlanes in the center hole.

#4814 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Am I just a very mediocre player or do others agree the game straight out of the factory is very challenging? Do you feel turning down the slings is less "cheating" than moving the outlanes? I heard that Brian Eddy designed the game with the posts in the middle hole yet they shipped in the highest hole. I usually leave all my games default but I'm getting wrecked by side to side action and power drains out the outlanes.

The only reason for having the posts in the highest hole is to shorten game times on location. The middle hole is how Eddy designed it, and that's good for me. I'm a mediocre player as well...

3 weeks later
#4993 3 years ago

chuckwurt - sounds like you know something... Spill the beans!!

#5064 3 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, but... how exactly do you get to Light the Fire wizard mode???

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play all the season 2 modes.

Got it, thank you. Never quite got there...

#5140 3 years ago

Have you taken the flipper assembly apart yet? What did you find?

#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I say replace the coil stops, then start flippin

It's 2 screws to take off the coil stop, inspect it, and diagnose the problem. Let's grab that screwdriver!

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

replaced the coil stop and sleeve.
both flippers are on factory stock 255
I took flipper assembly apart and rebuilt.

Right flipper is weaker and has a hard time getting up the left ramps.

Today the right flipper started sticking in the up position.
Not all the time but when the flipper is being flipped alot.

Just to rule out binding to the bushing - pull up on the right flipper bat and make sure there's a tiny bit of play - it should be able to lift very slightly (about a credit card thickness gap) and fall back down. I've seen very poor flipper performance when the bats were not gapped properly with the bushings.

#5160 3 years ago

Just throwing in my 2 cents - I LOVE THIS GAME. I keep a smaller collection (usually 4 - 6 pins) and I change them out quite regularly. Right now I have Stranger Things, Space Station, Taxi, Comet, and Baby Pacman. Yes Stranger Things is my only modern Stern right now, but I've had plenty over the past few years (IMDN, MET, SW, Aerosmith, AC/DC Pre, GOT Pre, etc.). I've also had lots of the top 90's games to compare (MM, AFM, Shadow, etc.) - check my collection history if you're curious what I've owned (probably no one cares).

There is something about Stranger Things that I love - maybe because I am such a huge fan of the show, but I think more of it is the ruleset and difficulty. Every time I end a game, I want to start another game. I can't say that for many other pins I've owned over the years. I LOVE the cleland code, and keep that updated when I can (still on 0.97) - the 80's music thrown in is very nostalgic for me and enhances the experience for sure. I know I'm in the minority, but for me, Stranger Things is my favorite modern game since LOTR and MET...

1 month later
#5563 3 years ago

New code today or tomorrow?? Can't wait for this update.

1 week later
#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also stern of the union address says new code update soon!

YES!!!!

2 weeks later
#6059 3 years ago

Very close to 1,000 plays (since January) - most of them are mine, and I love the game as much as day 1. I usually flip games fast. There’s something special about this one.

872961D0-1607-49AB-85C1-3FE474FFFE86 (resized).jpeg872961D0-1607-49AB-85C1-3FE474FFFE86 (resized).jpeg
#6061 3 years ago

Lifetime plays are an accurate total, regardless of code updates.

2 weeks later
#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never seen a stern drop target break

Modern Stern, no they don't break. But I've never seen a Striker Xtreme without broken drop targets!!

3 weeks later
#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can get a demo unit pro with full warranty for $5395 shipped from distributor or new premium for $7100 shipped? Thinking pro with $1705 savings. Or wait for a used premium to pop up near me, which doesn’t happen too often in Arizona.

Premiums and LE's look amazing, but I have to say - I have had my Pro since the first of the year and I am thrilled with it. My favorite game in a long time...

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Did you get the UV kit?

I do not have the UV kit, but hear it's absolutely awesome.

#6684 3 years ago

I’m with chuckwurt - my family and I have watched all the seasons multiple times...

2 weeks later
#6910 3 years ago

New code today?? 1.01

2 weeks later
#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hello.. joined the club today.. need some help. I am getting a random ball save. Anyone had that problem. Running the newest Cleland code. Thanks! Awesome game.. loving it.

It has a left lane ball save when “cast of protection” is lit. Is that what you’re getting or something else??

#7288 3 years ago

No!! Mine plays lightning fast. I didn’t put an inclinometer on mine, but it’s cranked up pretty steep (way past the bubble lines) and is just so awesome.

#7289 3 years ago
#7293 3 years ago

Anyone else ever get an insane score on the Upside Down #2? I think I hit all four shots in succession and the total was just under 80 Million! Does that sound right?!?!?!

#7295 3 years ago

Great rules. I have to do that again!

1 month later
#8073 3 years ago

Owned the game for over a year, and just installed the UV kit yesterday. Should have done this sooner - next level awesome!

4AF7FF2A-10B9-4B96-854D-6D39689BC0EA (resized).jpeg4AF7FF2A-10B9-4B96-854D-6D39689BC0EA (resized).jpeg9C7D8295-211A-4C18-A706-9BF1FCBC3923 (resized).jpeg9C7D8295-211A-4C18-A706-9BF1FCBC3923 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Premium all day. I have never played the pro and I’m sure it’s a ton of fun but there’s just so much going on with this projector that I couldn’t imagine staring at stickers. If it’s all I knew I would be more than happy with it.

Pre/LE look amazing, but I've had the Pro since Jan. 2020 and absolutely love it. Still enjoy it today like the day I brought it home - I have over 1,200 games on this (mostly mine)... Installed the UV kit recently, and it's definitely a next-level upgrade.

1 month later
#10092 2 years ago

My best score to date. I was one mode shy of getting to Total Isolation 2.

8751EBD6-B8B1-47FE-B5A7-23938680C4A8 (resized).jpeg8751EBD6-B8B1-47FE-B5A7-23938680C4A8 (resized).jpeg
#10094 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What does you high score name mean? Always interested to hear those stories.

Merely that I am a wizard - Mithrandir is an ancient and lesser known name for the wizard "Gandalf" from Lord of the Rings...

2 weeks later
#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had a 50 million bullshit mode last night. It wasn’t even 2x. Just kept getting add time and had it running for quite a while.

That's bullshit!

#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My favorite bullshit sound bite is drunken Nancy. Haha

NO DOUBT - LOL

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

ok so before I start messing with the left orbit rail

the burn it back shot goes perfectly to my left flipper, very repeatable

however the mystery shot tricker out goes hits my left sling

should I leave it or try to adjust?

In my opinion, you should try to adjust this so it also returns to a flipper. It took some effort, but mine probably is 90% repeatable to the left flipper. I think I had to take the left plastics off, loosen the lane guide screw and bend it out to the right a little bit... Tough to get this to 100% because there is definitely some bouncing as it travels down (coming out of the mystery hold point).

3 weeks later
#11044 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Fixed the awful cabinet artwork on the pro.

I wouldn't say that's "fixed" exactly... LOL

#11155 2 years ago

Can you let us know what shipping company didn't properly protect the head. That's pretty basic and a really bad mistake, in my opinion.

2 weeks later
#11388 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Contemplating picking up a Pro. For those who have owned for at least 6 months, how do you feel about the game as it is now? Long term, does it have lasting appeal? Thanks everyone.

I have owned my Pro since the month it came out (January 2020 iirc). I have probably played the game over 1,000 times myself. It's my favorite modern game, and I still love playing like the day I bought it. This title is an absolute long-term keeper.

#11401 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Look at this quarter hunt score Trent got. Haha

Unbelievable QH score.

1 week later
#11462 2 years ago

I swear I got a Mystery Award of "add time" during a game yesterday, and I wasn't in any mode that was timed. Anyone else notice this glitch? After 1,500 plays this may have been the first time I saw this.

#11465 2 years ago

I could have been in either 2X scoring or Bullshit mode. Thanks!

#11467 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It’s seems like an above average amount of people have the flipper fans on STh. If anyone can comment, does it noticeably help?

Pro owner from day 1 - approx. 1500 plays (mostly by me). I have never needed the fans, and have never had a decline in flipper power. I am a "hit the ball on the fly" type of player though, are VERY RARELY trap a ball on the flipper.

3 weeks later
#11674 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a WPC game through and through. Nothing wrong with that, just not the rules/gameplay I would put up there with all time greats like Elwin games, TWD, GOT etc.

I've owned all these too, and prefer STh to them all. It's the mix of gameplay / theme / difficulty that keeps me coming back again and again. STh Pro has outlasted TWD, GOT, IMDM by a long shot for me.

2 weeks later
#11997 2 years ago

I couldn't resist another Brian Eddy design. LOVING the Mando so far as well...

Mando01 (resized).jpgMando01 (resized).jpg
#12000 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Ditto! Those are the two in my small collection now. Uv kit coming tomorrow, really loving both games and imo, totally different feels

The UV kit is next-level awesomeness. Enjoy!

3 weeks later
#12349 2 years ago

Is that Phew... or F.U. LOL

1 month later
#12745 2 years ago

Had my best game to date (after about 1,700). Finally hit Total Isolation 2 and Demogorgan mode "Can't Stop This" - what a rush!!

HS1 (resized).jpgHS1 (resized).jpgHS2 (resized).jpgHS2 (resized).jpgHS3 (resized).jpgHS3 (resized).jpg
#12754 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t think the day would come, but my LE is sold pending pick up on 12/11. Not taking it to Pincinnati.

Congrats!! How many plays did you end up putting on it?

#12757 2 years ago

Damn, I still have a lot to go!

And don't ever sell your Baby Pacman.

3 weeks later
#12949 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

What about Mandalorian? I'm thinking JP, DP or Mandalorian maybe...

Just my 2 cents - I have Mando Pro right next to my STh Pro, and love them both. The are VERY different games and quite complimentary to each other. I am a huge fan of both the Stranger Things series and Mandalorian series, and theme means a lot to me. Bottom line - you can't go wrong with Mando, great game.

#12962 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Anyone upgrade the spring??

There are lots of factors that can affect ball launch strength. If your custom shooter rod is a bit off from the original geometry, try playing with both the internal spring and the little external spring - there are different sizes / strengths of both of these. You can get several to test from any of the pinball supply places...

#12963 2 years ago

Also, check your alignment. If you replaced the entire housing, your new shooter rod might not be making contact at the exact center of the ball. If you are making off-center contact, it will be a weaker launch for sure.

#12965 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Maybe put some chalk on the shooter rod and see where it hits the ball?

You shouldn't need to do that. A quick look should show you for sure if you're hitting left or right. With the glass off, you should be able to tell if it's hitting around the vertical center.

#12966 2 years ago

Also, if you have any extra shooter springs, take one and stretch it out past its elastic limit - make it about a half inch longer than it was originally. Yes, you will have ruined the spring, but put it back in and try it and that will tell you if your important geometry (the distance between the c-clip and the start of the plunger knob) is wrong. It will also tell you if a stronger (red, purple) shooter spring will help your cause. Another way to figure this out is to remove the new rod and the old rod and measure that distance on both...

1 month later
#13768 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Pro Stern UV kit in marketplace

You're dropping an $800 UV Kit ad in the owner's thread?? OUCH!!

4 months later
#15071 1 year ago

My family and I all love season 4. The debate for us is which is better - season 1 or season 4?... (Still a vote for season 2 as well)

#15072 1 year ago

Oh, and "Yuri Murray Yuri Murray"

1 week later
#15195 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Have owned my Pro a year now ….. still not been to either mini Wizard mode . Reached Total Isolation 2 a few times. Still love the game but beginning to think I’ll never reach the final mode. Anyone else in the same boat as me
I don’t play a great deal tbh , a few games a week at most.

I'm in the same boat. I've had my Pro since they were first released (January 2020) and have only hit TI2 a couple times. I still absolutely love the game, and I'm glad there are other goals to reach.

8 months later
#17289 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello. Anyone know who does the Video Mod. I know Cleland does the Sound Mod. Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure Cleland can give you the code with the updated video as well. PM him.

8 months later
#18899 4 months ago

For the new buyers - I have a Pro from the original run (acquired January, 2020) and still love the game as much as when I first got it. I have over 2,500 plays on it now (mostly mine). You won't be disappointed. It's a keeper.

IMG_0005 (resized).jpgIMG_0005 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=dmieczko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.