20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8870 3 years ago

i have a shooter rod, and a topper on order. now I need a uv kit and a premium/le. heh

#8984 3 years ago

anyone know if stern is going to do another run of ST? Would like a premium. Would also like UV kit which Ive heard wont be run again.....I have the topper and shooter rod, now need a game!

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Try pinballs.com I think Mike has all models.

i havent heard the greatest things about pinballs.com. Have you had a good experience? I wonder why everyone is sold out and then he has all models...

#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I have gotten two games from Mike so far, and both experiences have been positive. They did delivery and set up at my home since I’m in NJ and I’ve had no issues. I have two more games on order there, so I would recommend them.

oh nice. Ill check it out. I really need to find a UV kit too which is going to be difficult.

2 weeks later
#9351 2 years ago

Ok I couldnt find a premium anywhere so I may have just ordered the last NIB LE. Coming Friday. I have the shooter rod already and topper is coming from cointaker. UV kit coming from pinballs.com.

What do I need to know to set this machine up properly to start?

#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Playboy first and see how it goes. Mine wasn’t bad.
I did adjust the demogorgan. Page 65 of this thread. It was easy actually.

playboy= play it? hehe your autofill knows you! Mostly I hear that the TK lock needs adjusting out of the box. So I need to find where that is located in this thread.

#9356 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please make sure to read the whole post. All the PDFs and all the other notes and pictures. Then report back if you have questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

thanks chuck. will see how the game plays and then take a look if needed. cant wait for the game to come(and UV kit to come later). I think zach did a video of uv kit install a while back...

#9427 2 years ago

So my LE is coming next week, but I finally got to play the game today for the first time on location(pro) at Jillys arcade in Ocean City, NJ. Ive heard how hard it is to hit the ball in the demigorgons mouth for months. And I attempted to hit this shot 3 times.......and I put the ball in the mouth all 3 times. 3 for 3 first time ever playing. all from left flipper about mid flipper from craddle. Did the arcade just have it set up at the perfect angle, or is there a way to make this shot easier? if so I want to copy what they did! The bubble was just touching the first top line so Id say it was 6.7/8ish. If theres no perfect setup am I just extremely lucky or am I a god? Im ok/good at pinball but not great. Anyways I cant wait to get my LE later this week.

#9429 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You found one that wasn’t bad out of the box is my guess. It happens. More than likely your game will be next to impossible to make from either flipper when you get it set up. Hopefully I’m wrong. Haha.
Plenty of help to get it playing right though. It’s all in this thread discussed in detail many times.

Hehe thanks

#9431 2 years ago

Well ill also give Jillys arcade some props for having a bunch of machines new and old for 25 cents a play. Fun arcade

#9561 2 years ago

Anyone have any instructions on moving the projector if its just a tad bit off center?

#9563 2 years ago

Thanks. I have a few other issues including the TK lock working about 10% of the time which I know there is a sticky for. But I need help on the shooter lane and this is more of a general stern pinball question. See pics below. The Square metal thing(dunno what its called) that sits above the nipple on the shooter rod is hanging too low by a few mm.(i compared to my other games). This is making the ball not sit flush with the shooter rod and is making the launch using the rod terrible. You can see on the pics the wear on that part as the rod is making contact with that part. Any idea how to adjust that?

20210423_183412167_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183412167_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183414151_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183414151_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS (resized).jpg
#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

can you circle the parts you are referring to? I have no idea of what you are are talking about...

Here you go if that helps. The part is just hanging a fraction too low..

20210423_183414151_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210423_183414151_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS_LI (resized).jpg
#9607 2 years ago

I cant find where to adjust settings for the projector. I need to move the image a bit as its off center. I cant find the setting! Can anyone tell me exactly where to find it?

#9611 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s under diagnostics. Then ST.

Found it. Stinks the projector doesnt stay on while u adjust. Would be a big help.

Also. Right outlane post for difficulty. Do i really need to take the whole plastic return ramp off to adjust it? Mines in hardest position.

#9614 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

How can you adjust without the projector being on!?!?
Pull the white switch on the inside bottom left of coin door when it's open. This will return power to the coils and the projector. Takes about 30-45 seconds but it will come back on.

Im an idiot. Ha! How about right outlane post. I removed bottom 2 screws of return plastic ramp and it bends but not enough for me to get a nut wrench on that from top of playfield

#9657 2 years ago

So how does everyone have their extra balls set up? I just got the game and the default settings give me extra ball opps right away and its super easy. Is it just hitting that left inlane a few times?

#9670 2 years ago

Thanks for advice on EB. I set burn it back extra to 15. Well see how that goes.

#9672 2 years ago

Tk lock. Mine is still around 10% and a backhand has no chance. Is the only thing to check for the “pinching” on the stickied post? Or are there other things to look for? Can anyone post pics of what it should be like and their pitch/flipper power settings?

#9675 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also backhands are not possible even if the lock is working perfectly.

Ok that helps me think that maybe mines not as bad as I think. Mine only works on a really strong flip from the right flipper. Anywhere I can order the updated ramp cover? Or just ask my distributer to provide it?

#9759 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone for helping with the TK diverter assembly. Moving that around wasnt hard at all. Now I think I just need the new ramp cover and stern responded right away and its shipping today.

Is there any special way to get the current cover off? Sorry if Ive missed it in the thread

#9761 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

removing the cover -easily - requires that you lift the PF bringing the back of it outside the cabinet. I posted a picture a few posts earlier on how to do this with clamps...
You might still be able to get there without doing this, but I find this to be utterly complicated... You will eventually need to get to the back of the PF for other reasons so knowing how to lift it up fully was important to me. YMMV.

I assumed the new ramp cover was just a different white material for the left ramp? One that would generate more speed?

#9764 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Same material. Different shape and no riveted deflector to avoid interfering with the ball.

thx. may reach out again when it comes!

#9789 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you think about it, the max amount of times you can use a demo bomb per game is 1. Haha. You can use the swipe a ball an unlimited amount of times per game.

What exactly is “swipe a ball”

Quoted from chuckwurt:

This game is not for the faint of heart when it comes to tweaking/fixing it. That’s for sure.

You aint kidding. Everytime I think I have the tk diverter right I realize im off. Just going to wait until stern sends the new cover then work on it. Thanks for all the links to posts.

Wondering if my distributer can just send someone over to help me because I suck at fixing shit.

#9791 2 years ago

Thanks for that. All i have done so far is mess with the 4 screws holding the diverter assembly in place to try and get it the perfect distance away from the wall. I also checked the height of it as chuck had mentioned. When the cover gets here ill check that out as well

#9834 2 years ago

So I finally have the TK lock at about 70% which is great for me. But when it does reject its always SDTM, also when I go up ramp and dont make it SDTM. I assume theres nothing to be done there and its just part of the risk/reward?

Now that TK lock is working much better and I can hit the Demi shot pretty well im really enjoying this game. Shots feel really smooth when hit. Cant wait for the topper to finish things off.

#9838 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Outside of getting this from 70-100%, I suggest moving the standups inside more so that the ball will hit one on its way back down and send it another direction. Mine never go STDM from weak shots up the ramp that come back down, but I guess I just got lucky.
Make sure your game is pretty steep (my bubble is being cut by the top line) and level.

I originally had mine at 6.8 on your suggestion but brought it down to 6.6 as I thought it would help get up the ramp into the lock. Would being steeper help sdtm drains?

#9844 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. Worth a try. Do the targets first.

Yea ill try that. Will first need to figure out how to do that! Hehe im sure thats one of the more easier adjustments.

#10034 2 years ago

what qualifies 2x scoring?

#10113 2 years ago

chuckwurt just watched your video troubleshooting some of the issues that can be adjusted. I had no idea the saucer was supposed to feed the burn it back loop. So I was able to adjust that and get that going. This will make getting burn it back awards much easier. thanks

#10116 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s supposed to hit the drops. It’s just more fun if it hits the loop.

ha. well I agree and welcome the adjustment.

#10126 2 years ago

holy crap. I was happy I just got my new GC at like 460m.... heh

1 week later
#10395 2 years ago

finally broke the Billion club tonight on my LE. was 250m better than my previous high. So to get to the final showdown do I have to finish total isolation MB 3 times? I struggle to get to it once!

#10418 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you have to light up all the inserts in the middle of the flippers:
5 way combo
Play all demo dog modes
Play all 5 demogorgon modes
Play all the season modes and play the season mini wizard modes
Play TK multiball.

ah thanks. Ive been trying to avoid those middle shots to score well ha.

1 week later
#10621 2 years ago

man I just had an epic ball 1 at about 680m and drained trying to hit the shot to start tk multiball. The damn bonus was like 300 mil. I unlocked 2 extra balls so I was just under 700m with 4 balls to go and my GC score is just under 1.1b. So Im feeling good. Did I beat my GC? NO! I drained the next 2 balls immediately bricking the shot to start TK mb and had lackluster rest. Ugh! Finished at like 890m. Love game but frustrating!

#10744 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nicked the ramp as it was going up...[quoted image]

Yea Ive done that as well on my LE, I think its inevitable...

2 months later
#11657 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Finally joined the club said bye to GnR & lovin this prem so much more! Having fun modding & tweaking the lighting in this game, really like how sneaking a color changer in behind the left kickout shot did away with the whitewood that kept bugging me
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. I got GnR LE and St LE on same weeked earlier this year. GnR lasted 40 days or
So. ST still going strong. Such a good game

#11742 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I've had a deposit on a topper since May. My distributor assures me it will get delivered eventually but says stern doesn't tell them anything until they are about to drop ship it.
Anybody else hearing an actual time estimate?

Im in same boat. Dunno when its coming just know it is coming eventually.

2 months later
#12713 2 years ago

Wierd issue. I cant open my backbox door on my LE? When i got it months ago i had my distrib install uv kit and stuff before delivery so he already had latest code on there. So i never have opened up backbox until my topper arrived today. I went to open the backbox and the key will only turn halfway. Tried another backbox key and same thing. Just seems stuck. Anyone ever have a sticky backbox door?

What to do? Dont want to break the key off in there.

#12715 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wierd issue. I cant open my backbox door on my LE? When i got it months ago i had my distrib install uv kit and stuff before delivery so he already had latest code on there. So i never have opened up backbox until my topper arrived today. I went to open the backbox and the key will only turn halfway. Tried another backbox key and same thing. Just seems stuck. Anyone ever have a sticky backbox door?
What to do? Dont want to break the key off in there.

Nm wow that took a ton of rattling. Seems the latch back there is just off a bit

2 years later
#19341 3 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Help me feel better: who’s in the Stranger Things Lonely Hearts Club (haven’t got their premium or even ship notice)?
(*cough* CoinTaker)

Waiting for mine as well. Shell get it to us dont worry

2 weeks later
#20184 89 days ago

When is stern running all the accessories? I get my game tuesday. If accessories are soon I may wait to play it until i install everything

#20337 86 days ago

Got my premium today(second time owner). Im having an issue thats more general that folks may be able to help with. The let outlane switch seems a bit on and off. I fiddled with it a little bit but its not 100%. What is happening is the game randomly giving me a ball save once in a while randomly which makes me think something else is triggering that left outlane to fire. I think it may be the left sling.

What would I do in this situation? Is it maybe wiring? An adjustment on something else. Here is a pic of that switch.

One more issue is my custom projector settings reset after I spent like 10 mins dialing it in. Anyone else have that happen?

20240103_030314678_iOS (resized).jpg20240103_030314678_iOS (resized).jpg20240103_030315607_iOS (resized).jpg20240103_030315607_iOS (resized).jpg
#20353 85 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks to me like that switch is too tight. Pull glass, put it in switch test mode, pull the white post inside the coin door frame so the switches have power then smack the playfield firmly with an open palm a few places to see if the vibration triggers one or more switches. If it does, adjust those switches so they don't trigger from vibration. In the case of that outlane switch, bend the arm down a bit so it has more room to rise, relieving pressure on the switch trigger where the arm is anchored.

Thanks for this reply. when you say "bend the arm down a bit so it has more room to rise, relieving pressure on the switch trigger where the arm is anchored." do you mean the long flat metal piece which is part of the switch? Like bend that south away from the playfield? Or do you mean the actual rollover thin metal piece?

Have some of your fans coming for this game shortly

#20393 84 days ago

For the bricking issue and cutting the springs. I have a bunch i ordered bc had same issue on bond. I had trouble cutting and making a loop because Im a noob. Heh

Which springs should I order from Marco to get this better? The 265-5003-03 were recommended for Bond but they seem way looser then the reds already on stranger things.

Which should I order?

#20396 84 days ago

PinMonk any chance you can give some tips on best re-making loops on the springs after cutting them? In the pic you showed the new cut spring as flawless loops! How do I best do this? Thanks!

#20406 84 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Heh, I don't know about flawless, but they work!
I just separated two loops down from the cut end, but needlenose pliers in that gap and then bent up 90 degrees.

Oh that makes way more sense than how i tried on bond. I tried to straighten and then bend two loops manually. Im an idiot

#20418 84 days ago

Anyone know off hand what prt number the screws to secure the drop banks on sterns are? As i was cutting the springs I lost one and cant find it for the life of me.

#20421 84 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A #6 1/2" hex head slotted sheet metal screw from ace hardware will work if you're talking about the 4 that hold it to the playfield wood. Hillman 70253 are the ones I use.

Thanks man. Im looking in the manual and cant find it! Also the springs on drops are now working great. And the left outlane switch is now great after bending down the arm a bit. Thanks for all the assistance.

3 weeks later
#20886 62 days ago

I owned an Le when the game came out. Sold it(just before it got insane heh). I have a new run premium and feel like the game is much more drainy than i remember. Especially the left side.

Anyone else feel that way? Sorry i havent read the whole thread.

#20905 61 days ago
Quoted from stompeN:

It’s the hardest game I’ve ever owned that’s for sure(only owned 8 games). I have to play way different than most of my other pins. Prob harder than mando but easier than bksor. I closed the lanes up, lowered the sling power, changed the left eject power, adjusted the left orbit, and auto plunge power. It has def made the game less crazy and drainy for me.

Yea i may turn down slings. I used to be able to get much further in the game on my old one

1 week later
#21028 53 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the spring cut fix is ONLY for targets bricking (not dropping reliably when hit).
If the targets are dropping, but launching an airball back and you've already adjusted flipper power down, the washer(s) fix on the target bank front two screw points closest to the flippers under the playfield is the thing to try.

PinMonk do you mean the screws that attach the target mech to the playfield? Theres 4 of them. Those?

1 week later
#21186 43 days ago

Anyone know what type/size screws for stern lolipop rails? I totally misplaced them when getting powder coated….

#21295 39 days ago

Is this the new run for premium and hows its going to be for all of us? Like sterns official take is you lose IC or buy some 3rd party kit to relocate it?

I have a bunch of the coin door mods for my older spike 2 games, but I feel like that cant be what Stern expects us to do….

4 weeks later
#22070 9 days ago

Agree with the above. On my original LE I adjusted so the vuk would send the ball around burn it back. But with my new premium Ive kept it as is so it hits the drops nicely. It still does burn it back sometimes when the right side is down.

The burn it back is an easy enough shot to get your extra balls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.