20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spitfiren8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11179 2 years ago

Just picked up a nice pro from a friend today...really liking it so far

96778D5B-4012-4489-A885-419A96C9358A (resized).jpeg96778D5B-4012-4489-A885-419A96C9358A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11309 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Getting a lot of lip outs from direct shots to the scoop, has anyone tried putting a piece of foam on the metal backstop to deaden the bounce speed a little?

I put a piece of target foam on the backstop and it’s helped alot

#11370 2 years ago

I like the video additions but I wouldnt want to lose clelands mix, his game over track feels like its meant to be there

#11371 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I like the video additions but I wouldnt want to lose clelands mix, his game over track feels like its meant to be there

Also that dubstep doesnt fit the theme in my opinion

#11376 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah, I put that there for me to have some music I enjoy even if it is a remix of the show's theme. You would rarely reach the 1:10 mark of the song when the dub kicks in though. Once you start a mode, upside down, demodog or gorgon, that mode's music starts. Then when you're out of the mode, the main track starts over. You'd have to be having a lousy game to shoot around for over a minute without triggering another mode's music.
I'll sometimes trap up and wait for that part of the song so I can hear it a little when playing.

The videos are awesome, music does tend to be personal taste tho. Id prolly throw what youve done on my game and give it a whirl if it becomes available. The videos with clelands mix would be awesome for those of us that are married to the dialog ending.

#11386 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Personally I like what PoMC did and I was never a fan of the current ending. Wouldn't want to lose Clelands work though on mine. Hope you guys can do a mash up!

I think a mix of cleland’s sound and PoMC’s video would be choice!

#11433 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds good to me. Let me know the best way to share the Pro updated image file to you. I need to edit the Premium/LE images next.
I finished creating a new attract mode/game over slideshow because I wasn't totally happy with my prior one. This makes 3 or 4 slideshows I've made, which is why I rarely release anything I make, since I'm never completely satisfied and keep making changes.
New attract mode slideshow:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fn8zC8315DwUZsQC9
Game over slideshow (same as above) with Twist of Fate song that plays:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FnKZkJeJSevgDYUs9
Cleland's soundtrack code with my attract modes and slideshow. This video shows game over with my slideshow and the track of the kids talking that everyone likes.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mWUs8KrjVF97fkWh6
I also have a stock audio version with only my videos added.

Excited to try this out, nice work

3 weeks later
#11627 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone hooked up an external sub to this machine? How do you do that?

I run alligator clipped speaker wire from the woofer of 2 games to one sub, polk psw 10. I currently have 5 of them hooked in pairs on ten games. Has worked great for me for years. U spend way less, and sounds waaaaaay better, for a decent powered sub split between 2 games than you would wasting money on the “speaker kits” many sell.
A nice powered sub is a audio game changer.

#11628 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds good to me. Let me know the best way to share the Pro updated image file to you. I need to edit the Premium/LE images next.
I finished creating a new attract mode/game over slideshow because I wasn't totally happy with my prior one. This makes 3 or 4 slideshows I've made, which is why I rarely release anything I make, since I'm never completely satisfied and keep making changes.
New attract mode slideshow:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fn8zC8315DwUZsQC9
Game over slideshow (same as above) with Twist of Fate song that plays:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FnKZkJeJSevgDYUs9
Cleland's soundtrack code with my attract modes and slideshow. This video shows game over with my slideshow and the track of the kids talking that everyone likes.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mWUs8KrjVF97fkWh6
I also have a stock audio version with only my videos added.

Is your video code with cleland’s mix available yet? Id love to see your video clips in attract.

#11644 2 years ago

I havent thought to paint anything. I think the uv there is more than enough. I did however add glow rubbers which are pretty cool looking

#11658 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Can you play both games at the same time?

Most definitely

#11683 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Next week I'll be completing a straight trade for my Stranger Things Pro for an Avenger IQ Pro. I'll finish the attract mode code for the Premium/LE models and make it available to anyone who wants it.

Nice

#11737 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I have my pro at a local bar for tournaments etc, lol I put a Tilt Cam on it recently.
[quoted image]

Whats the purpose of a tilt cam?

#11747 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

for players that tilt or double danger before next player, you can wait up to 2mins for tilt to settle. allows you to see what's going on during that waiting period.

Thanks, makes sense now.

#11858 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So today I was bored and my son and I were playing stranger things
And we both discussed that it sucks how the slings had ZERO sound effect
So… after much debating I decided to change that
I inspected the field and noted a 10pt switch up in the pop area just just made a noise and added a few points
Light Bulb !l
I looked at the slings and disconnected the lower switch from the circuit and ran a jumper from the 10 point switch to the lower set of sling switches
So NOW when my sling goes off on each side I have a sound (yes I’m aware a few more points are now awarded but could careless in the overall picture)
I’ll be uploading a video later
I used all alligator clips to make it 100% reversible and cut nothing
Anyways I did it and have no regrets
Worse case if she goes I revert it all back to stock

Interesting…looking forward to your video

#11860 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Here are a few videos explaining what I did better to adding sound for my slings
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Pretty cool

#11881 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hello fam! Long time no see in this thread.
Ever since I got my Stranger Things I wanted wire form ramp returns. I hate Sterns plastic cup returns. Cheap and unaesthetic.
Now! We have a shot. The guy over in the Mando thread (hands down mod of the year IMHO) challenged me to have 10 folks sign up. AND HE'LL MAKE THEM for Stranger Things.
Please! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way/page/8#post-6461367

I cant see how they would work, especially with the uv kit molded to the plastic ramps. Maybe if we could see how he plans to implement them, but i couldn't commit until a viable solution was presented.

1 week later
#11991 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Spacer fix no question

I can hit it easily from the right flipper but its near impossible from the left. Is there a way to fix a hard shot from one flipper without messing up the other?

#11993 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Sure, you just have to make sure that you know whether it's hitting high or low from that flipper. If it's hitting low you need to reduce the height of the demogorgon by replacing the spacer with washers. It is trial and error. In my case it was hitting very low and reducing the demogorgon height by more than half a spacer was the solution. Target the left flipper as the one you're trying to dial in and the right one will follow.
If the demigorgon is hitting high then you need to raise it up. If you have a cell phone with slow mo video that really helps to diagnose what the issue is. Most of the ones I've seen are hitting low and bouncing up and hitting the top of the demigorgan and popping out but I know there are some that hit high. If it is hitting high you want to add washers to the existing spacers.

I may mess with it, its hard because its easy from one flipper and I dont want that to change. Thanks!

#11996 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Take a thin strip of cardboard and tape it across the top of your ramp for a bump up. This will tell you real quick if your demo is high and needs to have the spacer removed. Nice and easy troubleshooting.[quoted image]

Good idea, mine is an early run don’t know if that makes a difference. Ill play with it at some point. Right now very happy with the game, i always wanted an afm but I think STh theme and atmosphere makes for a better experience for me.

#12026 2 years ago

A couple uv kits for sale now in the marketplace, not too crazy on price…
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119797
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120128

#12092 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey y’all! I hate ordering rubbers for games. I always miss something. Does anybody have a nice kit set up on Titan? It’s for the pro, don’t think that matters, but worth mentioning I guess. I really dig the glow flipper rubber I’m seeing. Sweet effect with the UV. How May went all glow, and how many went flipper glow and clear for the rest? All suggestions welcome!
I’d like to also mention I got low bounce flipper rubber for my AIQ, but I can’t seem to hardly get a rollover pass to save my life at times now. I keep them super clean, and my game is set at 6.5 so not sure if I went wrong direction or what. I always get Titan, but that’s my first experience with low bounce.
I would like a kit you guys are super happy with that’s gives STh a factory feel still, if possible. My AIQ is killing me since I changed out the rubbers. Not sure why. Seems so grabby. I just want the ball to come drop out of the return lane and roll over no problem if I hold the flipper up. Is that too much to ask? Ok that’s way off subject. Hahaha.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Titan has the list of the sizes u will need in its game list. sth only has 6 or 7 rubbers so its pretty easy

1 month later
#12583 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s awesome. However… I can’t decide what’s better. The ball being stuck there or the reflection of the back glass on the ramp. Awesome.
Anti-glare glass on the dark STH is awesome if your ever thinking about it. Won’t get amazing photos like that though.

Just turn the backbox brightness setting down for when game is being played. I set mine to 5% on that setting

2 months later
#13234 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I would say GB , STh and BK toppers are Sterns best imo.

GB topper…?!?

A426A5F0-5B10-4D4E-9FCD-8AE5386E92D6 (resized).jpegA426A5F0-5B10-4D4E-9FCD-8AE5386E92D6 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#13766 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Funny you should ask. The UV lighting is so bright and complete, that the playfield looks dark when it goes back to regular play. It makes sense: you basically have UV pinstadiums installed. I’ve been thinking of augmenting the regular GI.

I added one spotlight to illuminate the center of the pf. Just enough light without overpowering the dark mood of the game.

2 months later
#14366 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Feel like I need a ratcheting angled flathead tool to get this screw in/out without severely bending the switch arm. Any other ideas? (I tend to overlook the obvious).
Spinner switch seems dead, and seems like I need to remove the bracket to replace. Tried a 90 degree flathead to no avail to get this second screw out.
[quoted image]

Pop off the switch arm and use a nut driver.

1 month later
#14869 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Can you fill me in? What is your code mod?

862CD6AE-A458-4778-A193-EBA8AB525C6F (resized).jpeg862CD6AE-A458-4778-A193-EBA8AB525C6F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#15384 1 year ago

Mine has a slight clicking or thumping at boot. I wouldnt worry about it.

2 months later
#16067 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

In Diddly's honor, after cleaning my game this week I waxed it for the first time. Things definitely got...Stranger. Ball spin is doing things I haven't seen on this machine, though with how fast the game is on its own I'm finding it amusing.
Twice in a game just now a ball sailed perfectly down and through the right inlane at such high speed I barely had a chance to hit the flipper. One of those times the ball stopped dead on the tip of the flipper. My (unmodified) saucer went from going up burn it back to register the shot about 1/2 the time to not going up at all. Hitchy/jumpy transitions from inlane returns onto the flipper rubber.
Pretty normal stuff for the craziness of the first few games right after a wax + another rubdown of the PF and balls I suppose, always fun on an already fast machine though.

I think its best the kickout doesnt send it thru burn it back. Kinda cheesy imo. No way the designers meant for that to happen. Seems kinda like blocking off outlanes to make the game easier.

2 weeks later
#16237 1 year ago

It sold like shit and earned badly when released. Operators and Stern don’t forget that. Wont be released again.

#16239 1 year ago

Agreed its a better earner now prolly. But when its a stinker out the gate its hard to recover from

#16241 1 year ago

True, makes u wonder why JP, SW, Elvira are still being made but they ended STh. All released the same year. Only reason i can think is that it earned poorly thus sold poorly.

#16243 1 year ago

Lots of reasons why it was a loser, Covid/code/reliability. I love mine, its goin nowhere soon. But i don’t think Stern puts up capital to get the license renewed and run more parts on a game that was a loser.

9 months later
#17680 8 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

I am pretty creative but see no options. The mod from Medysinal is so good you don’t wanna miss that laser effect BUT if someone doesn’t wanna spend for it the arcade sign is really nice.. spins at appropriate points in game

My sign spins constantly, is it only supposed to spin when triggered?

1 week later
#17727 8 months ago

Ive never understood covering the pf of your games. Why do people do this? Not tryin to be a dick but I seriously dont get it.

#17729 8 months ago

So you have to clean the dust off of the covers not the glass? I’ve used a $20 car duster for years. Takes 2 seconds per game to dust off.

1 month later
#17934 6 months ago

With how wide open the pf is, I think this game needs more light in the middle. I highly recommend adding a couple spots to the top of the slings. Comet sunlight bulbs are perfect for this application imo.
Ive never thought that it needed more uv light tho. The uv kit floods the pf really well and would prolly not see a negligible difference by adding one or two uv bulbs.

IMG_1962 (resized).jpegIMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
#17936 6 months ago

My gameroom is only lit by neon signs when I play, I think it needed more light in the center. The ball speed can get on top of u quick sometimes and a bit more light there helps imo. It’s definitely not necessary but I prefer it in a dark room.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spitfiren8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=spitfiren8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.