image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2D771BE6-4A9C-4263-B2A4-87839696F2C1 (resized).jpeg
A23B0A3E-65CA-4BFE-B001-DD06A9CF6027 (resized).jpeg
D3FE4859-F083-492E-BBFD-C2963BA0EB8D (resized).jpeg
16424643700105048161193759893192 (resized).jpg
WTF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 277.
#10751 8 months ago

Is anyone making a clear plastic cover deflector for the right ramp,
ball fly's around on a fast shot & opto not resisting.

IMG_5333 (resized).JPG
#10752 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea Ive done that as well on my LE, I think its inevitable...</blockquote we

Yea Ive done that as well on my LE, I think its inevitable...

I’m surprised not everyone ramps are beat to shreds? Any tips on repairing on preventing further damage?

#10753 8 months ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Is anyone making a clear plastic cover deflector for the right ramp,
ball fly's around on a fast shot & opto not resisting. [quoted image]

Your game should’ve had one from the factory. Contact your distro to get stern to send it to you.

#10754 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your game should’ve had one from the factory. Contact your distro to get stern to send it to you.

My pro is missing this plastic as well.

#10755 8 months ago

Not a pinball machine but this was my daughters birthday cake!

81EA2DD8-6A16-41D8-878C-D8BA980BBF3C (resized).jpeg
#10756 8 months ago

Saw this beginner's guide to Stranger Things rules, on Deadflip. Thought it should be in here and suggest it as a Key post

#10757 8 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Saw this beginner's guide to Stranger Things rules, on Deadflip. Thought it should be in here and suggest it as a Key post

Key posts seem rare here, but we can always search for the text “key post”

#10758 8 months ago

here are the rules, shoot everything 3 times. done.
lol

#10759 8 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Key posts seem rare here, but we can always search for the text “key post”

How do we even do that? Always wondered.

#10760 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do we even do that? Always wondered.

Only the Keymaster can do it, special appointed by pinside apparently.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-posts
13722497 (resized).jpg

#10761 8 months ago

Seems crazy that even the person who started the “club” can’t mark a post as a key post. I should have realized that, since I started the Metallica “club” way back when. Check it out, only 5 key posts in 8 years!
BEEF707F-CBF0-4049-AB3C-D70F6957676D (resized).jpeg

#10762 7 months ago

Hypothetical question. You walk up to Stranger Things in a tournament setting, tilt is tight and outlanes posts are at the top, no extra balls. What’s your strategy? I think I’d tackle these goals, in this order:

Light Spell of Protection
Demogorgon 1
Start a mode at the left ramp, but try stack it with TK multiball.
Try to start Demodog during multiball
Demogorgon 2 (bring in a mode if I’m just 1 shot away)

If Upside Down started, I’d take the risk as long as the shot was over 3-4M, but trap up after that.

#10763 7 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hypothetical question. You walk up to Stranger Things in a tournament setting, tilt is tight and outlanes posts are at the top, no extra balls. What’s your strategy? I think I’d tackle these goals, in this order:
Demogorgon 1
If Upside Down started, I’d take the risk as long as the shot was over 3-4M, but trap up after that.

I would walk up to the game. Then survive.

#10764 7 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Demogorgon 1

Pretty much what I do, but swap TK MB with Demo 2. Even at 2.5 per jackpot (min value if using the demo bomb), that MB is worth way more than TK for the time spent.

Definitely completely avoid upside down. One secret skill shot is worth the same.

Definitely play to complete modes when in them. It’s worth the risk.

#10765 7 months ago

Don’t worry about stacking modes with other stuff. It’s not really worth the risk.

#10766 7 months ago

Burn backs by opportunity, modes, multiball. Try to get locks lit with ball save on.

#10767 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I would walk up to the game. Then survive.

No sir, that’s The Walking Dead.

#10768 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely completely avoid upside down. One secret skill shot is worth the same.

Are you sure? I can sometimes get the full 30M (7.5M*4), and I’m getting pretty good at catching rebounds.

The MXV shot is 25M, but it's nearly impossible for me. I’ve been going for the super skillshot (soft plunge and get it to the scoop) instead.

#10769 7 months ago

agreed on the MXV, it only happens by accident to me. Super skill shot is doable though... but one of the most boring skill shots in pinball in my opinion.

I got to 600 million twice last week, have not been able to get there again lately but I am getting to the first mini wizard mode often though, so games in the 250-400 are somewhat common for me. I just want to break through my first 1B score.

Once I do, I will sell the game... but can't sell it before that!

#10770 7 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Are you sure? I can sometimes get the full 30M (7.5M*4), and I’m getting pretty good at catching rebounds.

You won’t be in a tournament. Haha. And you won’t be playing your game.

If you have 2x running or it’s a super tight game ball 3 and you just need a couple targets to win, I can see it, but I would avoid them in almost all other instances.

#10771 7 months ago

Hopefully you get to play the game before the tournament and find out these 2 things

1. Is the left mystery shot eject hitting the sling. Can you nudge it to safety?
2. Can you hit the demogorgon in the mouth. If the answer is no avoid the demo modes as bash completion is dangerous

both of these you can watch others play to judge as well. Also take note of how the right orbit is feeding. From people I've talked to who have played some out and about it seems adjustments to these two things are not made by many operators. A lot of tournament people I've talked to really dislike the game because of it. That and they feel upside down is cheap. When I bring up play in tournament mode it gets blown off as not gonna happen. In league and even in the tournament I just played it we didn't use tournament mode on any of the games either.

#10772 7 months ago

LOVING this game but they really need to fix the first demodog mode. They should make it a 2 ball multiball with a ball save so you can try and actually hit the targets. Right now the only way to even attempt this mode is to stack it with TK or demo 2

#10773 7 months ago

I complete that demodog mode all the time. Hit the two targets under the demogorgon repeatedly as they are pretty safe. The early code had you hitting a lot more to complete I think. If I remember right it was almost double. It's good practice since it's part of the final wizard mode.

#10774 7 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I complete the demodog modes all the time. Hit the two targets under the demogorgon as they are pretty safe. The early code had you hitting a lot more to complete I think. If I remember right it was almost double. It's good practice since it's part of the final wizard mode.

Of course its doable but if you're trying to advance in the game its too risky to attempt. I'm surprised they didn't do it this way since its how it works for martian multibal in AFM and its a genius mechanic.

#10775 7 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I complete that demodog mode all the time. Hit the two targets under the demogorgon repeatedly as they are pretty safe. The early code had you hitting a lot more to complete I think. If I remember right it was almost double. It's good practice since it's part of the final wizard mode.

I’ve always wondered why this mode has a completion number. The mode goes on forever as long as you keep increasing time. Then by clearing all the targets they go from 1 million to 2 million to 4 million.

#10776 7 months ago

It’s not obvious (to me) when I’ve hit enough DD targets to earn a Drawing. It seems like I get the drawing at the end of the mode, not at the moment I earned it. I always try to bring a chapter mode or MB into that first DD mode. Then if I’m sloppy with my chapter or Jackpot shots, I pick up DD hits.

I agree that safest way through DD1 is to hit those 2 targets under the DG.

#10777 7 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The MXV shot is 25M, but it's nearly impossible for me. I’ve been going for the super skillshot (soft plunge and get it to the scoop) instead.

Vinikour said it took him 3 hours to first do it when it was incorporated, when trying to show his friends. So don't feel bad haha! I've only done it once so far. He said 3rd target from the left "N" is the best one to do it with.

#10778 7 months ago

What is the MXV shot?

#10779 7 months ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

What is the MXV shot?

Nail the lit roving target in the center drop downs during launch and have it bank into the left saucer. Idea by co-designer Mike Xavier Vinikour.

#10780 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take the mods out. .
I use cabinet silicone bumpers all the time to help avoid ball traps. They might help you here too.

Those silicone rubbers are too small. I'm looking for some kind of posts so to speak we call it here "amsterdammertje" like the picture below but so far I haven't been able to find anything...

amsterdammertje_opnieuw_geschilderd (resized).jpg
#10781 7 months ago

I searched, couldn't find fresh news. Will Stern be making more Sth Premium any time soon? Tks!

#10782 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I searched, couldn't find fresh news. Will Stern be making more Sth Premium any time soon? Tks!

No fresh news - Stern is done with Premiums. Another run of Pro's and that's it

#10783 7 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Tks bud! It'll be a while until I see one for sale in my area, but I'll join the club eventually!

#10784 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tks bud! It'll be a while until I see one for sale in my area, but I'll join the club eventually!

Maybe not that long:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/216#post-6313387

#10785 7 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Where did you hear that? I know there isn’t a run date but has stern said it’s out of production? Not sure it makes much sense with Pros still being in stock and premiums being in demand. I could see another premium run in anticipation of season 4 later in the year or early next year.

#10786 7 months ago

Lol, thanks Mike - I just need Juan to break 1B then, give him some pointers!

#10787 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did you hear that? I know there isn’t a run date but has stern said it’s out of production? Not sure it makes much sense with Pros still being in stock and premiums being in demand. I could see another premium run in anticipation of season 4 later in the year or early next year.

Got the information from 4 different Distributors when I was looking for a Premium. They all said Stranger Things has been dropped from the production schedule. Never say never, I guess, but with the backlog and some in-demand games like EHOH not shipping until 2022, I wouldn't look for it anytime soon (if ever).

#10788 7 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Got the information from 4 different Distributors when I was looking for a Premium. They all said Stranger Things has been dropped from the production schedule. Never say never, I guess, but with the backlog and some in-demand games like EHOH not shipping until 2022, I wouldn't look for it anytime soon (if ever).

Nicoy3k makes a good point, though. It's understandable if they decided to drop production and move on to newer ventures, but makes no sense at all why they would run another batch of Pros that are relatively easy to get from existing stocks, and not run a batch of in demand, sought after Premiums.

#10789 7 months ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Nicoy3k makes a good point, though. It's understandable if they decided to drop production and move on to newer ventures, but makes no sense at all why they would run another batch of Pros that are relatively easy to get from existing stocks, and not run a batch of in demand, sought after Premiums.

It does if they have the left over parts. If they don’t have any projectors, TK locks, etc. Makes sense to just make the rest of the pros you can, then move on.

#10790 7 months ago

I think this will be the last run of Pros as well. As much as we all love the game, it’s not a chart-buster like IMDN or Metallica or Deadpool. I’d suggest to anybody who’s waiting for a Premium: grab a Pro while you still can.

#10791 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It does if they have the left over parts. If they don’t have any projectors, TK locks, etc. Makes sense to just make the rest of the pros you can, then move on.

Is there a source for a spare projector?

#10792 7 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is there a source for a spare projector?

Stern. Or look at yours in your game and I’m sure you can find it online.

#10793 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

good point, didn't think of that.

#10794 7 months ago

I ordered a shaker for my Premium. I noticed that the shaker is already enabled in the settings, and there are 3 levels of interaction for the game.

Why would the feature be enabled by default if there is no shaker? Or, does the premium already come with a shaker, and I ordered one like an idiot??

#10795 7 months ago

Only the LE comes with a shaker.

#10796 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, thanks Mike - I just need Juan to break 1B then, give him some pointers!

Easy! Set 4 levels of replay and have them award EBs instead of credtis

#10797 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern. Or look at yours in your game and I’m sure you can find it online.

They are easy to find. Common on aliexpress/banggood/etc.

#10798 7 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think this will be the last run of Pros as well. As much as we all love the game, it’s not a chart-buster like IMDN or Metallica or Deadpool. I’d suggest to anybody who’s waiting for a Premium: grab a Pro while you still can.

That's exactly what I did! Looking forward to the UV kit, I guess in July.

#10799 7 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

That's exactly what I did! Looking forward to the UV kit, I guess in July.

I did the same two things along with the dice shooter. I'm rarely a modded shooter rod person, but that's too neat to skip.

#10800 7 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I did the same two things along with the dice shooter. I'm rarely a modded shooter rod person, but that's too neat to skip.

I just installed the dice shooter yesterday. Must have. Stern art blades and Pinwoofer kit installed as well. Had to get the glass super tight with anti-rattle tape but, no rattle.

There are 13,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 277.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside