IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 449.
#17001 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

All of a sudden Pinball Life has full sets and hi wear replacement sets of Stranger Things decals in stock!!!

There is better material for the center screen and projection areas so the images aren't washed out like they are with the stock projection screen material. This post talks about it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/42#post-5489073

#17002 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There is better material for the center screen and projection areas so the images aren't washed out like they are with the stock projection screen material. This post talks about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/42#post-5489073

Yes I do now know that and I’ve already purchased those materials but I haven’t tried to install them yet but I figured many people would want to know about the stock replacement decal so I just was sharing in the owners group for people who have had trouble finding them. I want to put the better material on But I’m a little concerned about how hard it’s going to be to get it to look clean

#17003 1 year ago

Hi hoping this is a common question I have a Pro and recently played played a friend's. I was shocked be how much his demogoron spring gave when shooting the ramp shot. Is there an adjustment? My spring has no give. Thanks

#17004 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Hi hoping this is a common question I have a Pro and recently played played a friend's. I was shocked be how much his demogoron spring gave when shooting the ramp shot. Is there an adjustment? My spring has no give. Thanks

What spring? There is no spring on the demogorgon. You can take it out of the game and adjust the two screws on either side of it to allow it more give if you want.

#17005 1 year ago

Is there any reason that nobody has created a “stick and play” solution for the improved projector screen canvas?
I have no interest in cutting up a bunch of this black diamond canvas and trying to stick and fit it to my game
The end result on that video is really good so I’m sure some modder could make a bit of money here

#17006 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is there any reason that nobody has created a “stick and play” solution for the improved projector screen canvas?
I have no interest in cutting up a bunch of this black diamond canvas and trying to stick and fit it to my game
The end result on that video is really good so I’m sure some modder could make a bit of money here

The brand name material is pretty expensive, relatively speaking, so I think precut panels with actual 3M adhesive could get spendy to the point that potential buyers might balk. Also the potential Prem/LE market isn't that big to take that risk, BUT if Stern does re-run it as Gomes hinted, I could see it happening...

#17007 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Based on the quote below, it sounds like my suggested Darkstar/Starbright solution (and version of the billboard) may be offered soon (I have no affiliation with those producing it). The Black Diamond didn't work on the ramps.

Glad to see it may become a simpler option for others to implement (best mod for the Prem/LE IMO), though some of the information in the DIY could still help enhance it further if desired.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

1.5+ years on mine and still in great condition with regular play (cleans easily with CRC QD Electronic Cleaner).

Quoted from cfh:

i upgraded my pro to a premium. very similar situation you are in. i used darkstar material but i did buy the white kit from pinlife. they will eventually have a darkstar kit, but the price will be probably near $100 (opposed to $10 for white.) i suggest getting the white pinlife kit, as it gives you the sizes to cut the (expensive) darkstar material. you can buy the darkstar samples and cut them yourself, that's what i did. you don't need more than 3 sample sheets. don't put the material on the sides of the ramps for example. just the horizontal ramp surfaces. and of course the main projector area, drop targets, standup targets behind the drops, and the thin 4 standup targets. I also dimmed the LED lights on the arrows in front of the projection area to help with the projector lighting. used paper over the LED to turn them down in power. also did the 3d print of the ramp sign on the left ramp. that's a nice feature (i hear pinlife is making their own version of that sign.)

#17008 1 year ago

I have a full Stranger things upgrade kit, topper, shooter and Premium UV kit. Topper and shooter were open box from Cleveland pinball show displays (not hooked up). Not looking to separate. $1550 Price includes shipping to continental US, discount if you can pick it up in Cleveland.

#17009 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What spring? There is no spring on the demogorgon. You can take it out of the game and adjust the two screws on either side of it to allow it more give if you want.

Perfect thanks

#17010 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Perfect thanks

Some of the early games came with the Demogorgon wires too short causing it to not move much. Check to make sure there is enough wire slack. Mine was also hitting one of the plastics for the upsidedown. The Demogorgon has a little bit it can be adjusted to clear all the plastics around it.

#17011 1 year ago

Has anyone seen a decal/sticker set for the pro available anywhere? I can find them for the premiums but not pro’s. Looking in the US.

#17012 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Has anyone seen a decal/sticker set for the pro available anywhere? I can find them for the premiums but not pro’s. Looking in the US.

No. I looked for a pro decal set back in June of 22 and came up empty everywhere. I put in an order for those decals, ramps, and some other stuff from my distributor back then, and it's been no news so far. Clearly Stern doesn't support its most recently released games partwise worth a shit, and Stranger Things is no exception.

The sad part is they might actually have the parts in their parts crib, but I've heard from someone in the know that their parts crib is so disorganized, they probably wouldn't know if they did, and they really don't seem to want to be bothered to dig through it all. Hopefully they remedy this issue.

#17013 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Unfortunately not.
I did get Stern to send me out Ramp decals though after the left one starting showing some wear from the metal guide that sits under the ramp.

#17014 1 year ago

I made an adjustment. Made three in a row, thinking dumb luck. I'll play a few more games tonight. Thanks for the help.

#17015 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I asked for the left ramp decal as mine came with the gouge, and they sent me a ghost busters slimer swing arm. Can confirm the parts bin is a lil disjointed.

#17016 1 year ago

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have an unpopulated Stranger Things playfield and ideally, access to an HP 4670 scanner? Like others, I've developed a chip on the clear coat by the saucer and reached out to Cliff to see if he had a protector for that. He's planning to make a carbon fiber protector for the saucer if he can get a tracing or scan of the playfield in that area, which would likely be a pretty useful part for all current owners given the wear and tear it experiences.

#17017 1 year ago

In the meantime, if you have a roll of mylar, cut a piece to fit, overlapping the lip. I did that day 1 on my premium and saucer still looks new.

Note that you can stretch mylar a bit to make curves, so with strategic cuts you can get a very nice fit.

#17018 1 year ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have an unpopulated Stranger Things playfield and ideally, access to an HP 4670 scanner? Like others, I've developed a chip on the clear coat by the saucer and reached out to Cliff to see if he had a protector for that. He's planning to make a carbon fiber protector for the saucer if he can get a tracing or scan of the playfield in that area, which would likely be a pretty useful part for all current owners given the wear and tear it experiences.

I have an unpopulated playfield but no scanner unfortunately. I'd be happy to get a tracing of it. I'll reach out to him to see what he needs

#17019 1 year ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

I’m looking to buy a new pf, so if anyone has one to sell please let me know!

#17020 1 year ago

On the flip side if anyone has an old damaged playfield they want to sell I’d be interested in buying

#17021 1 year ago

Has anyone ever had the mounting bracket for the mystery up post break? One of the ones on location nearby had the coil stop part break off completely. The mystery up post mech is not in the manual. What are the chances this is the bracket?

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-lock-mounting-bracket-assembly.html

Regarding the Cliffy. I have talked to Cliff and he needs the playfield before he can make the part. I don't have a way to ship the playfield at the moment but I am looking for ways to get the playfield to Cliff so he can do his magic.

#17022 1 year ago

isn't there some way to take an impression of the area or something with some kind of clay or putty, let it harden, and ship that?

#17023 1 year ago

He said he needs the play field. I did ask if there was any other way to get the info. I just don't have a box big enough to ship it. I recycled the one it came in a while ago. So I'm searching for a box. If anyone has one they could ship to me, I could then use it to ship the play field to Cliff.

#17024 1 year ago

Wrap in bubble wrap. Take pieces of cardboard and wrap it again with tape. Don’t need specific box. Wrap away!

#17025 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Wrap in bubble wrap. Take pieces of cardboard and wrap it again with tape. Don’t need specific box. Wrap away!

you assume I have chunks of cardboard that big. I just did exactly that to return a warped avengers playfield to Stern but I used the last of my large boxes to do so. I have to find time to get to a store and buy some more boxes.

#17026 1 year ago

So I think I just fixed my exit out of
Mystery not returning to the flipper correctly. I had already cut the spring on the up post which was interfering with the ball on exit and tried the cabinet bumper to direct the ball more towards the outside orbit guide. But still the ball was dropping out erratically sometimes hitting the sling, sometimes the post at the top of the springs, not everytime but enough for the ball to bounce into an outlane. Not cool. Anyway I realise as the person who suggested the cabinet bumper fix that the ball just needed to be guided a bit further out of the exit towards the orbit habit rail. Once it makes it there it will roll down to the flippers in a slower fashion but same trajectory as if hitting burn it back. So I bent a little bit of soft metal I had to create a slight up turn and stuck it to the backside of the habit rail that is at the exit next to the up post. This little guide extension pushes the ball to the orbit outer guide and removes erratic roll outs.

Here are a couple of pics of my small metal extender. Note the small link at the end which guides the ball. It does not seem to affect orbit shots but this will depend on how far the piece sticks out.

21A61582-FC9B-4E91-BD13-EE6881E819C1 (resized).jpeg21A61582-FC9B-4E91-BD13-EE6881E819C1 (resized).jpeg8FAD3F37-B098-49F7-B7C7-C8AF1BE5D3D5 (resized).jpeg8FAD3F37-B098-49F7-B7C7-C8AF1BE5D3D5 (resized).jpeg
#17027 1 year ago

I just joined the club with a Premium!

Does anyone have a trace or scan of the upper left ramp plastic from the update kit they can send me? https://o.pinside.com/f/8a/c6/f8ac64c85f26595849ad6502c040fb4aedadd372.pdf

#17028 1 year ago

It’s been posted to this thread. Search it up.

#17029 1 year ago

Only issue with my game is when you shoot ball in the inside orbit (Demo dog, extra ball) It will sometimes rest on the ball gate...It looks like after so many plays the wire gets slightly inverted....Normally I would take it out and bend slightly but looks tucked underneath and afraid of trying to remove and get back in correctly.

#17030 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s been posted to this thread. Search it up.

Found it, thanks! 35 pages of pictures to look through!

#17031 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Only issue with my game is when you shoot ball in the inside orbit (Demo dog, extra ball) It will sometimes rest on the ball gate...It looks like after so many plays the wire gets slightly inverted....Normally I would take it out and bend slightly but looks tucked underneath and afraid of trying to remove and get back in correctly.

Mines been doing that too, but inconsistently. Thinking of waxing the lead up to and right around that gate to make sure it wasnt me just being lazy last time I waxed.

#17032 1 year ago

Anyone that has the lab kit installed and had to remove Hopper’s truck, I found a great place to mount it that doesn’t interfere with the look of the lab kit. Here’s my final position for Hoppers truck. The wiring fits fine underneath the flasher and it looks pretty cool opposite the Camaro. If anyone is interested in mounting it here, I got a simple mount from Lermods and used three pieces of gorilla tape on top of each other to raise the front tires and gorilla glue to hold the front tires to the tape and the tape to the ramp. Not too difficult to remove if needed. I’m hoping when I need to take the ramp off I can leave the truck attached to it.

098603BA-ECDF-4408-A609-7A77DA6728E9 (resized).jpeg098603BA-ECDF-4408-A609-7A77DA6728E9 (resized).jpeg7FD8E004-B2FF-41BB-B813-C424F73AC482 (resized).jpeg7FD8E004-B2FF-41BB-B813-C424F73AC482 (resized).jpegBEDACF5D-80CD-4EF4-AFDA-32D45A36C160 (resized).jpegBEDACF5D-80CD-4EF4-AFDA-32D45A36C160 (resized).jpeg
#17033 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

My gate fell out in shipping and I had to have a tech come over and remove part of the demagorgon assembly to get at it. You are correct in your thinking. The gate didn’t work well as designed so the tech bent it a little and now it functions as intended. The ball still rests sometimes back there and it needs a nudge to come out but that is a common problem. Since we fixed the gate it mostly rolls out as designed.

#17034 1 year ago

You need to bend the gate more towards the back of the game to eliminate the ball trap for good.

#17035 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You need to bend the gate more towards the back of the game to eliminate the ball trap for good.

Well I don’t want to have to do that again lol but thanks! Next time I’m in there I will. I even bought a spare gate. It hardly ever happens now so much better than I saw it was on another model.

#17036 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well I don’t want to have to do that again lol but thanks! Next time I’m in there I will. I even bought a spare gate. It hardly ever happens now so much better than I saw it was on another model.

You don’t need to take anything apart. You can bend it while it’s in the game.

#17037 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You don’t need to take anything apart. You can bend it while it’s in the game.

Awesome. How and how much? Advice is greatly appreciated.

#17038 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Awesome. How and how much? Advice is greatly appreciated.

Bend it until the ball stops getting stuck.

The gate sits back and creates a spot between the gate and the ball guide for the ball to sit in. If you bend it out enough, the gate will be past the ball guide to the left of it, the ball trap is eliminated.

#17039 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The gate sits back and creates a spot between the gate and the ball guide for the ball to sit in. If you bend it out enough, the gate will be past the ball guide to the left of it, the ball trap is eliminated.

Would love a pic. Tight area to see.

#17040 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks Chuck, will try it.

#17041 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would love a pic. Tight area to see.

No pic sorry. Just have to look at it. You should be able to reach around the ramp, grab the gate with pliers and bend it up more and then check the left side of the gate (looking at the backbox) and make sure the left side of it is sitting past the ball guide that is on the left of the gate that leads to the post for mystery awards.

#17042 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No pic sorry. Just have to look at it. You should be able to reach around the ramp, grab the gate with pliers and bend it up more and then check the left side of the gate (looking at the backbox) and make sure the left side of it is sitting past the ball guide that is on the left of the gate that leads to the post for mystery awards.

Isn’t there a risk though by pulling it with the pliers that you could pull the gate out of the other side?

#17043 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Isn’t there a risk though by pulling it with the pliers that you could pull the gate out of the other side?

Not if you don’t let that happen. All you’re doing is moving the gate the way it was meant to go anyway, then bending it further. You’re not moving anything side to side. Even then. It shouldn’t be possible to remove the gate without taking the bracket out. If you can (especially easily), then the bracket needs to be pinched so that more of the gate arms stick out the sides of the bracket.

#17044 1 year ago

Thanks Chuck! Much obliged.

#17045 1 year ago

are the UV kits still available? i looked around the internet without success

or someone maybe has one uninstalled for sale?

guidance appreciated

#17046 1 year ago

I have one that I am keeping to trade for ammo during the zombie apocalypse, or to use whenever I find a reasonably priced Premium. Which ever comes first.

#17047 1 year ago

Does someone know where i can find an Older code like x.8?

#17048 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Does someone know where i can find an Older code like x.8?

If you're looking to duplicate what someone had done earlier in the thread re: adding a projector to a pro, I would think once the code went past a certain point the "pro or premium" setting that got baked in was set and cannot be undone by going back to old code.

#17049 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

If you're looking to duplicate what someone had done earlier in the thread re: adding a projector to a pro, I would think once the code went past a certain point the "pro or premium" setting that got baked in was set and cannot be undone by going back to old code.

I don't know if stern has Fuses on the print wich get burnt within a code update. but i don't think so.
Im absolutley willing to try.
I love this pin and if a can advance it im absolutley want to do so
If someone has an older code please send me a pm.

Thanks

#17050 1 year ago

Ive adjusted the Demo G height, removed the post under his chin. The mouth shot is now quite makeable. We run into the issue where a deflected ball will get stuck under his right "flange". Ive tried cranking down the ramp plastic to open some space. It still goes in spurts where it gets stuck until ball search or lots of flipper activation . Anyone have this happen and find a solution?. If I put a small post under his chin it solves it, but then the shot becomes very difficult to make...Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/341 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.