New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 258046)

Stranger Things Club. Join our Party!

By chuckwurt

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6,701 posts
  • 368 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Powerhouse47
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game are you getting?”

• Pro 81 votes
    33%
  • Premium 69 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    38%

(242 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 912 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Stranger Things Season 3 Translite V1C (resized).jpg
PXL_20201203_101628569 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201203_101619755.MP (resized).jpg
20201201_131344 (resized).jpg
15318921-6A95-4878-9E48-49EAAAFE66FF (resized).jpeg
31212EB5-0D9B-4705-B3D9-37DE604D46F9 (resized).jpeg
6C4198B0-88D9-4E28-A6EC-8F85F762FA0B (resized).jpeg
PXL_20201129_184721432 (resized).jpg
5E671C2B-C2F5-40D3-879A-80B8000EA762 (resized).png
20201128_213337 (resized).jpg
20201128_173554 (resized).jpg
20201128_172731 (resized).jpg
20201128_170951 (resized).jpg
20201127_200229 (resized).jpg
20201128_155350 (resized).jpg
20201128_103218 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6701 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 135.
#3501 7 months ago

So when you do an audit dump they have the lifetime stats on there?

#3502 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So when you do an audit dump they have the lifetime stats on there?

Yeah the lifetime stats are at the bottom

#3503 7 months ago

I heard back from stern they are checking my S/N to see if I need a ramp

2 questions: It looks like a pain to swap. true or easier then it looks?

Getting the glo rings and no one mentioned the 2 post sleeves on each side of the ramp. They would be cool to glo in upside down. The ramp is block acces to the screw to change them out. Again is that a pain to move out of the way?

Thanks!

#3504 7 months ago

Stern is supposed to be delivering a kit with detailed instructions and extra parts. I've had a good portion of that area apart and it's time consuming but not too difficult. Tomorrow I get the new GI sockets for my left flipper guide. I took a look at that one and I get to pull the flipper to get to it. Not hard just time consuming again. Stern is supporting us well. Hopefully these kits and my new left ramp come in once manufacturing starts back up.

#3505 7 months ago

My ramp works perfect , so no way I was pulling it apart to do the glow post sleeves...that's just me though.

#3506 7 months ago

I’ve been getting some really high scores these last couple of days. Been breaking 200 mil without a sweat it seems like. Ever since I did chuckwurt’s adjustments to the saucer and lane adjustments, I’ve been banging out sweet scores. And the updates help too.

#3507 7 months ago

What is the best way to remove the left ramp to get at the demo? Do you need to remove the TK diverter?

#3508 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is the best way to remove the left ramp to get at the demo? Do you need to remove the TK diverter?

Take off the front half only. 3 screws. Maybe 4

#3509 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take off the front half only. 3 screws. Maybe 4

Thanks. I have a premium in the house and trying to get the demo working. Right now it’s probably 1 out of 50 go in.

#3510 7 months ago

Not too hard getting the demo off. Just take your time and lots of pictures.

#3511 7 months ago

So is Stranger Things the first pin Stern has cost-reduced the cabinet screened warning out of? It's just a black sticker with yellow print now. Was BK or JP that way? Every time I think Stern has cost-reduced every possible thing, they find something else. Durability rating of that sticker for routes is -7.

#3512 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

So is Stranger Things the first pin Stern has cost-reduced the cabinet screened warning out of? It's just a black sticker with yellow print now. Was BK or JP that way? Every time I think Stern has cost-reduced every possible thing, they find something else. Durability rating of that sticker for routes is -7.

I got a sticker on my JP Premium. Cabinet dated Jan 15 2020.

#3513 7 months ago
Quoted from Returner:

I got a sticker on my JP Premium. Cabinet dated Jan 15 2020.

Oh, right. The build date on this Stranger Things is also January. I wonder if this started in the new year? Whatever the case, more lame stealth quality degradation by Stern. Boo.

#3514 7 months ago

almost a good point for me with this pin : i've just watched the full serie, and we (with my son) enjoyed a lot ! in fact, i cant understand how we missed it before...

#3515 7 months ago

Is there an alternate backglass for this game?

#3516 7 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yes. Retro Refurbs has a few:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=Stranger+things+&post_type=product

#3517 7 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I made up this custom 2d translite , two layers and the title and mindflayer glow...looks fantastic.
20200214_182309 (resized).jpg

20200201_153328 (resized).jpg

#3519 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Such an awesome game and theme the playfield needed to be schmick....my local playfield restorer just finished my custom requests for me! Original playfield planked...

You can just link the youtube video directly and save people the facebook tracking:

Looks pretty cool. How long are you letting it cure before installing it?

#3520 7 months ago

Sorry for the link stuff up! I'm not super IT savvy.
Cure will be about 3 months.

#3521 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Sorry for the link stuff up! I'm not super IT savvy.
Cure will be about 3 months.

Heh, 3 months sounds great. I let a ToM cure for a YEAR before I installed it - just to be sure.

#3523 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Heh, 3 months sounds great. I let a ToM cure for a YEAR before I installed it - just to be sure.

Queensland climate...great one day, perfect the next

#3524 7 months ago

I didn't think this was possible, but the ball landed here tonight.

20200504_192058 (resized).jpg
#3525 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

I made up this custom 2d translite , two layers and the title and mindflayer glow...looks fantastic.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just sent you a PM

#3526 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I didn't think this was possible, but the ball landed here tonight.[quoted image]

Ha, happened to me to a while back. Cracked me up.

IMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpg
#3527 7 months ago

Bought a Stranger Things LE last week - my first pinball machine! Finally got it unboxed and set up today. Updated the code, and when I turned it back on it’s been stuck on “initializing” for ~45 minutes now... is that normal for an update or should I try to reboot it? I don’t want to turn it off while it’s doing something if this is normal.

#3528 7 months ago
Quoted from unwallflower:

Bought a Stranger Things LE last week - my first pinball machine! Finally got it unboxed and set up today. Updated the code, and when I turned it back on it’s been stuck on “initializing” for ~45 minutes now... is that normal for an update or should I try to reboot it? I don’t want to turn it off while it’s doing something if this is normal.

Reboot. Power off for a good 15 seconds and try again.

#3529 7 months ago

Officially joined the club on Saturday. Broke a new personal record for distance traveled to get a machine. Anyway, I absolutely love it. You guys that say this has that "one more game" feel are right on the money. Two questions and pardon me if they've been addressed. Both have to do with the shot to the left of the demogorgon (Mystery, Demodog shot). Ball seems to get hung up on or downright stuck under the gate on that shot sometimes. Any solutions on that? Also, why does that shot register a walkie talkie? Thanks!

#3530 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Officially joined the club on Saturday. Broke a new personal record for distance traveled to get a machine. Anyway, I absolutely love it. You guys that say this has that "one more game" feel are right on the money. Two questions and pardon me if they've been addressed. Both have to do with the shot to the left of the demogorgon (Mystery, Demodog shot). Ball seems to get hung up on or downright stuck under the gate on that shot sometimes. Any solutions on that? Also, why does that shot register a walkie talkie? Thanks!

Check to see of the ball gate there moves freely. Also, what is the pitch of your playfield set to? Level side to side?

#3531 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Reboot. Power off for a good 15 seconds and try again.

Yep, that did it. Thank you!

#3532 7 months ago
Quoted from unwallflower:

Yep, that did it. Thank you!

If it happens more, you might have a bad SD card. Keep an eye on it. Failed boots seem to be a symptom.

#3533 7 months ago

I had a lot of trouble with my machine booting. Kept getting worse and worse. Stern was about to send me a new CPU board when I found a class 10 Ultra card in my wife's camera bag and flashed the latest software on it. Have not had an issue since.

#3534 7 months ago

I like to start operation mirkwood, trap the ball and just relax to that beat for a while. 150 million was my top score today

I had a dream where Terminator 2 pinball had a projector like Stranger Things.
Instead of a ramp descending the T-1000's blade arms would poke through the projector and slide the screens apart like the elevator door scene, and then when you hit the ball it would split T-1000's liquid metal head apart. Man that would be sweet. Or they could project the liquid metal moving over the playfield and reforming

#3535 7 months ago

Has anyone installed the under cabinet light kit yet? Where exactly are we supposed to install the led light bar?

#3536 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Check to see of the ball gate there moves freely. Also, what is the pitch of your playfield set to? Level side to side?

Thank you for responding. May I ask what you mean by “moves freely”.? It definitely seems spring loaded in that when you push it, it snaps back.

#3537 7 months ago

Are you sure it’s getting stuck on the gate that leads to the target or the one that’s directly to the right of that that faces the orbit? That’s the one that everyone has had issues with.

But yeah the one that leads to the target has a piece of metal on it that snaps the gate back once the ball goes through. Maybe adjust that a bit and see if it helps. Might be too strong.

#3538 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure it’s getting stuck on the gate that leads to the target or the one that’s directly to the right of that that faces the orbit? That’s the one that everyone has had issues with.
But yeah the one that leads to the target has a piece of metal on it that snaps the gate back once the ball goes through. Maybe adjust that a bit and see if it helps. Might be too strong.

Hey Chuck-- It seems like it's the one that I'm talking about, but I'll keep an eye out for the other one too- thanks. As far as pitch goes, my bubble is between the black lines but a little closer to the black line that is closest to the front of the machine. Do you have a recommendation on that? I took a level to it when I set up and left/right seems perfect.

#3539 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hey Chuck-- It seems like it's the one that I'm talking about, but I'll keep an eye out for the other one too- thanks. As far as pitch goes, my bubble is between the black lines but a little closer to the black line that is closest to the front of the machine. Do you have a recommendation on that? I took a level to it when I set up and left/right seems perfect.

That’s fine on pitch imo.

#3540 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Thank you for responding. May I ask what you mean by “moves freely”.? It definitely seems spring loaded in that when you push it, it snaps back.

Just make sure the gate opens fully and closes completely. Sometimes the little bent part on the side is too long or bent wrong and gets caught when moving, preventing the gate from opening and closing correctly.

If it happens a lot, you can also slo-mo record that area with your phone when you make the shot to see if reviewing the video will give you a clue.

#3541 7 months ago

CODE 0.90.0 is out and wow this is a massive update with HUGE changes to the scoring. There are some serious rewards for finishing some of the modes now.

Changed the scoring for Where's Barb. Now completing/finding Barb in 1 shot
scores 40M. Finding Barb after making all of the other 7 available shots
scores 10M. Otherwise, each shot enroute to finding Barb scores 1M+
with a final score award of 5M for finding Barb.

Changed the scoring for Telekinesis Multiball. Now Jackpots score 1M+, Double/Triple
Jackpots score 2M+/3M+. Super Jackpots are still 6M/12M/18M.

Added a 50M bonus award to Save Will for completing all of the shot awards
as a combo.

Looking forward to these changes. Lots of bug fixes to. Installing now...

#3542 7 months ago

Sweet! That’s exactly what I was wanting to see for those modes!

#3543 7 months ago

Haha, well started a mode via mystery. Wheres barb, hit the right orbit (all shots were lit) it "awarded" 40 something million points and completed the mode, yet my score stayed at 1.x million.

Whats the stern bug report email?

#3544 7 months ago

I know full well that this is just superstition and self-fulfilling prophecy, but do any of you guys find that as soon as you start certain modes, it's insta-drain? For me, it's What Mama says. As soon as eleven declares that she wants to see Mama, into the drain goes my ball- Ha!

#3545 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I know full well that this is just superstition and self-fulfilling prophecy, but do any of you guys find that as soon as you start certain modes, it's insta-drain? For me, it's What Mama says. As soon as eleven declares that she wants to see Mama, into the drain goes my ball- Ha!

Yes, and for me its save Will. Seems like I may have only hit 1 shot of that mode.

#3546 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, and for me its save Will. Seems like I may have only hit 1 shot of that mode.

Now that save will has all these bonuses for combining all the shots, I’ll never do it again. Haha

#3547 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

For me it’s any mode

#3548 7 months ago

The added light shows I’m seeing are nice. Love the projector effects for the end of mode animations too. Sweeps across the whole game.

#3549 7 months ago

yeah there are a lot of new lighting effects when starting modes and stuff. It's pretty cool. I also think they did some work on the audio levels for the pro. Have not played enough yet with the stock settings to see if it's resolved but there are definitely changes. Will be testing more tonight.

#3550 7 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The Demodogs mode seems to always throw me off and I drain

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7.95
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coatesville, PA
There are 6701 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 135.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside