IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 448.
#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

My fear is the plastic post is going to pop off if I disable the diverter.

You could disable the post AND the diverter and still get locks qualified, no?

#5952 3 years ago

Maybe, haven't gotten to that stage yet.

#5953 3 years ago

The post is a fixed issue. If you think yours is faulty ask stern for the updated part. No reason to worry about it.

#5954 3 years ago

Made it to Final Showdown. I didn’t get deep into it just the second stage but what I seen it was pretty cool. Sorry for the blurry picture but I had to run to the grab my phone as my ball save was timing out. My score was pretty low but I really didn’t maximize all my 2x scoring as I was focused on getting to Final Showdown.

A818CE01-1A88-44AF-9A01-F8B398CE2C9F (resized).jpegA818CE01-1A88-44AF-9A01-F8B398CE2C9F (resized).jpegF2A72D70-9005-47B1-A4A9-9372FC508F18 (resized).jpegF2A72D70-9005-47B1-A4A9-9372FC508F18 (resized).jpeg
#5955 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Can you possibly take a pic of that shooter plate in good lighting with the game off? Curious to see how well it matches the artwork in front of the game. Do you have the matching one on the lock bar too?

Back home now... see below...

20201022_154801 (resized).jpg20201022_154801 (resized).jpg20201022_154809 (resized).jpg20201022_154809 (resized).jpg20201022_154749 (resized).jpg20201022_154749 (resized).jpg
#5956 3 years ago

Man this game kicks you in the balls and you just keep coming back for more lol. Brutal but satisfying when you do have a decent game.

#5957 3 years ago

10 pm est I’m going after final showdown with the cool POV stream. Come hang out!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#5958 3 years ago

Do we foresee another update coming soon

Or do you all feel that Stern is done and feel it’s solid as it sits ?

Was this last update a final polish ?

#5959 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

It's not up to 1.0 yet, so we should definitely get another update.

#5960 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Back home now... see below...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, looks good against the purple metal. Thanks for sharing!

#5961 3 years ago

Do we think they’ll be a video mode with 1.0?

#5962 3 years ago

There's more coming. Still hoping against hope for bullshit slap mode. And some fun attract mode calls to scare the kiddies on location when they press buttons.

#5963 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's more coming. Still hoping against hope for bullshit slap mode. And some fun attract mode calls to scare the kiddies on location when they press buttons.

I am behind with revisions so if I missed it I apologize

Was a left side kick out into a Scrolling lit drop targets ever put into the rules with the action button ?

#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Do we think they’ll be a video mode with 1.0?

Yes.

Game is not complete yet.

#5965 3 years ago

Was a left side kick out into a Scrolling lit drop targets ever put into the rules with the action button ?

That's a good idea! Unfortunately it conflicts with a good tweak that chuckwurt's made and alerted us to though...

#5966 3 years ago

I got bullshit mode once so far. Don't know how I got it but it was pretty good! I'd like to see that mode triggered more.

#5967 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I got bullshit mode

Ok, you got me... what's 'Bullshit mode'?

#5968 3 years ago

Ok, you got me... what's 'Bullshit mode'?

It's where they keep showing clips from all the seasons where the characters say "Bullshit!"

I keep saying they need to have level 2 of that mode integrate the lockdown bar button to slap them when they say it. It would be very hectic play especially if you make the impact and reaction sounds of the slap wackier and wackier.

#5969 3 years ago

I'd like to know how I started the bullshit mode.

#5970 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd like to know how I started the bullshit mode.

Mystery shot. Number 17. Completely random.

#5971 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Mystery shot. Number 17. Completely random.

Good to know - thanks. @ Stern - turn up frequency of #17 Mystery Shot ! Thanks.

#5972 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Stern - turn up frequency of #17 Mystery Shot ! Thanks.

Not adjustable in settings then I take it...?

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's where they keep showing clips from all the seasons where the characters say "Bullshit!"
I keep saying they need to have level 2 of that mode integrate the lockdown bar button to slap them when they say it. It would be very hectic play especially if you make the impact and reaction sounds of the slap wackier and wackier.

That would be awesome.

I still want to see a BSD style video mode where Hopper shoots charging Demodogs.

#5974 3 years ago

Please no video mode, or button-mashing mode....

#5975 3 years ago

Not adjustable in settings then I take it...?

No. But I have requested to have all the mystery awards frequencies adjustable.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5976 3 years ago

How could this be done? There’s no way to control where the ball goes from the saucer. It’s only going to go to the same spot every time.

#5977 3 years ago

SO I have a pro coming with a UV kit and shaker motor. Is there anything on this machine I need to look for? errors/defect? any key areas to look at for something wrong? demogorg perhaps?

Also what is a fair price for a pro with UV and shaker?? in near mint with less than 200-300 plays??

thanks,

#5978 3 years ago

I think the pros cost in the mid to low 5s NIB so I would say at least 500 less than NIB is a good deal.

Pros don’t need much, but might have to mess with the Demogorgon to get it so the mouth isn’t impossible to make.

#5979 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the pros cost in the mid to low 5s NIB so I would say at least 500 less than NIB is a good deal.
Pros don’t need much, but might have to mess with the Demogorgon to get it so the mouth isn’t impossible to make.

How do you mean mess with?

#5980 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

How do you mean mess with?

Make adjustments to it to make it sit lower or higher or lean more forward so the mouth is more makable. Tons of documentation in this thread on how to do all that if you search the thread.

#5981 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make adjustments to it to make it sit lower or higher or lean more forward so the mouth is more makable. Tons of documentation in this thread on how to do all that if you search the thread.

Ok thanks. so what's the price that's a fair deal?

#5982 3 years ago

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#5983 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How could this be done? There’s no way to control where the ball goes from the saucer. It’s only going to go to the same spot every time.

I think the idea is that because the kickout goes to the same place every time, then there could be a feature where you have to shoot the ball from the saucer to a scrolling lit drop target... like you can time the plunger shot to hit the scrolling target, except here you're timing the shot from the saucer...

#5984 3 years ago

I think the idea is that because the kickout goes to the same place every time, then there could be a feature where you have to shoot the ball from the saucer to a scrolling lit drop target... like you can time the plunger shot to hit the scrolling target, except here you're timing the shot from the saucer...

Yeah but it’s going to the same target every time. Seems like a pointless super easy mode.

#5985 3 years ago

$4,500 - $5,000.

I got my premium for $6k, so I would think $5,500 is way too much for a pro.

Also, there is a huge gap between pro and premium on this one.

#5986 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah but it’s going to the same target every time. Seems like a pointless super easy mode.

I agree it's not going to be a big challenge, unless the speed of the scrolling target gets faster as you progress the game...

If you wanted to spice it up a bit the sequence of the targets could be non-linear (but repeating) with a randomised initial sequence... and linked to a hurry-up, so you have to quickly learn the sequence so you ideally catch the right target the 2nd time round for max reward...

#5987 3 years ago

Hey everyone. New to pinball and stranger things is my first pin. Ive been ironing out a lot of issues with help from chuck wurt he’s the man! Wanted to run this last issue past you guys for advice. Since day one I’m having insane air balls when shooting at the Demogorgon. Like it’s hitting the glass constantly and flying to all sides of the table. I’ve had the ball fly off the table when the glass is off! Sometimes the ball even lands on his head and stays there. I recorded a slow mo video for you guys to check out and maybe give me some suggestions on adjusting the demo. To me it looks like the ball actually uses the “pedals” as a launch ramp. Any advice on how to adjust this would be awesome. The pitch of the table is spot on 6.5. Thanks in advance! Here’s a link to the video:

#5988 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey everyone. New to pinball and stranger things is my first pin. Ive been ironing out a lot of issues with help from chuck wurt he’s the man! Wanted to run this last issue past you guys for advice. Since day one I’m having insane air balls when shooting at the Demogorgon. Like it’s hitting the glass constantly and flying to all sides of the table. I’ve had the ball fly off the table when the glass is off! Sometimes the ball even lands on his head and stays there. I recorded a slow mo video for you guys to check out and maybe give me some suggestions on adjusting the demo. To me it looks like the ball actually uses the “pedals” as a launch ramp. Any advice on how to adjust this would be awesome. The pitch of the table is spot on 6.5. Thanks in advance! Here’s a link to the video:

I would increase your pitch to 6.8 or so and if you're using wax or Novus 2 on the playfield, go easy with it.

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

If increasing the pitch doesn’t help, it seems your shots are hitting too low. Can you make the mouth consistently? I know you were watching my stream last night. Can you make the mouth as much as I do on mine?

If not, I would try to lower the demogorgon head a bit so those shots aren’t hitting so low on the demogorgon, and that make solve the airballs issues.

If you look at the key posts up top, there should be some help on adjusting the demo head.

#5990 3 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. I haven’t waxed anything, this is how it came from the factory. Do you guys think increasing the pitch might make it harder for me to hit the tk lock? I’m hesitant to mess with the pitch now that I have that lock dialed in pretty well. I am not consistent at all with the shot. I hit it occasionally but it seems more like a fluke rather than skill. Is there a detailed guide for adjusting this thing? Chuck I think you are right about it hitting low.

#5991 3 years ago

With skill it should be makable all the time.

Search C0untDeM0net ’s posts. I believe his were hitting low too and he fixed his.

#5992 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

$4,500 - $5,000.
Also, there is a huge gap between pro and premium on this one.

Is that with or without a UV kit and the shaker motor? I am getting one with both those in mint with 200 plays for 5200 delivered. Obv I know i am paying a little for delviery BUT still is that ok?

If I get bored or decide to trade it do you think I can get 5k to 5200 back out of it?

#5993 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I would increase your pitch to 6.8 or so and if you're using wax or Novus 2 on the playfield, go easy with it.

Can this break the glass you think? one thing I am also worried about. cus sometimes that shit hits it fucking HARD lol. ITs different when you are at a store playing it. but when its your own lol.

#5994 3 years ago

If I get bored or decide to trade it do you think I can get 5k to 5200 back out of it?

Maybe. Maybe not.

UV kit will be expected on any deal, and I say a pro with uv and shaker is $5000 tops.

#5996 3 years ago

Picking up a HUO next week myself

Has Side Art blades from Stern
Shooter Rod D&D with LEDs from Stern
Plus UV Kit

Got it for $4900

Felt it was very fair

Is the shaker implemented well or just not mandated for enjoyment

#5997 3 years ago

Not sure I could even tell you when the shaker is used. Haha

#5998 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Wow. Wish deals like that happened around me.

#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

With skill it should be makable all the time.
Search c0untdem0net ’s posts. I believe his were hitting low too and he fixed his.

Thanks chuck I’ll check it out his posts to see if I can get a better idea what to do. All I saw was the highlighted post about adding washers to raise it up. I assume maybe I would just add washers to the rear screws to sort of tilt the head foward? I have to do more research.

#6000 3 years ago

Yes. That would tilt the head forward.

Also remember to loosen the screws that allow the head to sway so it’s not as stiff. That helped mine immensely

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.