PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 548.
#14351 1 year ago

I don't recall who it was in here, but who was the person that was trying to get a new lockdown bar (whoops, edit) from their distributor because the paint job on it didn't match the side rails and it was around late July or early August build.

I am just curious if that all went through because I'm in the same boat but never contacted my distro about it or anything. But I am noticing it more and more recently lol, especially now that I have actually played another game since I got my GZ.

#14352 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I don't recall who it was in here, but who was the person that was trying to get a new apron from their distributor because the paint job on it didn't match the side rails and it was around late July or early August build.
I am just curious if that all went through because I'm in the same boat but never contacted my distro about it or anything. But I am noticing it more and more recently lol, especially now that I have actually played another game since I got my GZ.

I thought it was a lock down bar.
If I remember correctly texture of powder coat was issue.
My buddies premium is like this.
Much like Ford motor co.
Consistently inconsistent !

#14353 1 year ago

#14354 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I thought it was a lock down bar.
If I remember correctly texture of powder coat was issue.
My buddies premium is like this.
Much like Ford motor co.
Consistently inconsistent !

Brain fart, definitely meant lockdown bar lol.

And yeah it was the texture of it just being different. It's like it is "not as fine" if that makes any sense. It's just not as smooth as the side rails (and the side rails/lock down bar on my JP).

#14355 1 year ago

The stock speakers look like spawn of the kickers!

Quoted from jackd104:

If you check out the DIY sound thread there is hours of reading and lots of opinions! Being that I kept the stock cabinet speaker and am using a 10” external Polk sub, I found this to sound best: switch to 10-band EQ under utilities> volume, see pic for backbox eq settings. Subwoofer 25% volume with low pass filter set to 125. Cabinet speaker I turned down completely by setting fade to 30 in volume settings. I tried many eq and fade setting but that cab speaker just seemed to muddy up the sound no matter what I tried! I find that between the better speakers and sub all ranges are covered well. It sounds very crisp with a nice boom on the low end. The music especially sounds fantastic.
A few pics. Side by side is with stock speakers.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

#14356 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

Is anyone else having an issue on the pro where the right spinner is slow or sticking?
I've found that the left axel of it rubs on the underside of the defence barrier plastic.

I should be above the plastic, right?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I upgraded my pro to these kickers
amazon.com link »

How do these 4 inch kickers sound?

#14357 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

I'm pretty sure your Rage combo is impossible now. And you won't build your Gigan combos.

Could still combo gigan by passing ball over via ski jump.

#14358 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Yes, you have to desolder the 4 RGB leads from the bus-bar under the playfield in order to remove the light and replace the pop bumper parts. See pic, below. If you don't have the ability to desolder then solder these, you might be able to cut each wire with enough room to use wire nuts to reattach them. I wouldn't recommend that, but I've seen far-worse splices on many games.
[quoted image]

That is not correct, you can also Splice and cut the wires as I did. It was much easier and so much faster to do. I'll post a guide some day to help others.

20220806_223702 (resized).jpg20220806_223702 (resized).jpg20220807_004429 (resized).jpg20220807_004429 (resized).jpg
#14359 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

That is not correct, you can also Splice and cut the wires as I did. It was much easier and so much faster to do. I'll post a guide some day to help others.

If you are splicing wires, you should be soldering them in which case it makes more sense to just desolder them at the source and resolder them correctly.

#14360 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Also this is called a hack...please don't post a guide on how to perform a hack.

#14361 1 year ago

Yes, this is why the bus bar is installed in the first place.

#14362 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, this is why the bus bar is installed in the first place.

Practice soldering skillS Before attempting .
Actually very easy. Tin your Iron grab some spare wire and go to town !

#14363 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Please, don't do this. The reasons I said "I've seen worse splices" than wire nuts is that just twisting wires (without a wire nut) is a recipe for long-term problems in a pinball. Twisted wires can corrode, often to the point of loss of electrical conductivity. The repeated shocks and movement can lead to wires loosening. Though wire nuts are designed to handle some of these issues, they're not great. Honestly, you shouldn't be doing any mechanical wire joints at all in pinball, just learn to to solder and do it right the first time. No hacks, please.

#14364 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If you check out the DIY sound thread there is hours of reading and lots of opinions! Being that I kept the stock cabinet speaker and am using a 10” external Polk sub, I found this to sound best: switch to 10-band EQ under utilities> volume, see pic for backbox eq settings. Subwoofer 25% volume with low pass filter set to 125. Cabinet speaker I turned down completely by setting fade to 30 in volume settings. I tried many eq and fade setting but that cab speaker just seemed to muddy up the sound no matter what I tried! I find that between the better speakers and sub all ranges are covered well. It sounds very crisp with a nice boom on the low end. The music especially sounds fantastic.
A few pics. Side by side is with stock speakers.
[quoted image]

jackd104 Thank you for the info. Super helpful. Can you tell me how you connected your external sub? I have mine connected to the existing cab speaker, but if I turn that down, it will impact my external.

#14365 1 year ago
Quoted from thebosson:

jackd104 Thank you for the info. Super helpful. Can you tell me how you connected your external sub? I have mine connected to the existing cab speaker, but if I turn that down, it will impact my external.

I’m using this from Pinnovators.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

Or if you get the headphone kit it comes with the sub out Jack.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-4-stern-spike-spike2-headphone-kit-with-mute

#14367 1 year ago

In attract mode the game scrolls through the various high scores.
I noticed there is one that says, "Code Champion" and the initials LFS.
Anyone know what this is?

#14368 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

In attract mode the game scrolls through the various high scores.
I noticed there is one that says, "Code Champion" and the initials LFS.
Anyone know what this is?

It's a tribute to Lyman Sheats, who was an incredible pinball player, rules and software engineer, and great person who was lost earlier this year. He worked on many of the highest rated games and is responsible for many excellent rulesets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyman_F._Sheats_Jr.

#14369 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

It's a tribute to Lyman Sheats, who was an incredible pinball player, rules and software engineer, and great person who was lost earlier this year. He worked on many of the highest rated games and is responsible for many excellent rulesets.

Not enough could be said about Lyman. RIP

#14370 1 year ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098MK4ZQT

Soldering and heat shrinking is best but seriously, you have a lot of options.

#14371 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Cool, I am familiar with Lyman and his recent death, didn't put 2+2 together.

#14372 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

This is the NECA Godzilla vs Mothra 1964 6” figure. I prefer the gray over the green coloring, so this was a good option. See also the Super7 Mothra and Jet Jaguar in the wide view. Both available on Amazon for about $10.

Are you happy with the buildings from Mezel? I have them on order

#14373 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

If had to nitpick, I'd really like to see the designs printed in resin or sanded down. But Tim's designs are unmatched in mods, and are much of the time better than stuff in the original games! For GZ, the buildings add a much better surface area for the flashers to reflect off of, and I think they actually make the game more playable (because you see the flashers more clearly without blinding yourself).

#14374 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

too late now isn't it? ha

#14375 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

My honest review is I'm 97% happy with these. The design and "pop" of the buildings is fantastic! My only complaint is the clear filament used for the windows. These are opaque, and you see the flashers through them. IMHO, they both filter too much light and really show the layer lines from the printing. It's the only element of these that's less than premium in feel/polish. And to not just complain but offer a fix: perhaps Mezel would consider an opaque film applied after printing as an alternative (and not try to print the windows in clear filament). Other than this, they're fantastic. I still highly recommend them, they're a significant upgrade for GZ.

IMG_2307 (resized).JPGIMG_2307 (resized).JPG
#14376 1 year ago

I've been thinking about the building mod also, so thanks for the reviews. I'm usually not a mod person but had to add a few. With the building being such a central (literally and figuratively) aspect of the game, that would have been mayybe one thing that could have been nice from the factory.

#14377 1 year ago

For those who installed a shaker motor , did you use the capacitor kit along with the install ?

#14378 1 year ago

Do you feel like it makes it too "busy" on the backboard?

Quoted from DiabloRush:

My honest review is I'm 97% happy with these. The design and "pop" of the buildings is fantastic! My only complaint is the clear filament used for the windows. These are opaque, and you see the flashers through them. IMHO, they both filter too much light and really show the layer lines from the printing. It's the only element of these that's less than premium in feel/polish. And to not just complain but offer a fix: perhaps Mezel would consider an opaque film applied after printing as an alternative (and not try to print the windows in clear filament). Other than this, they're fantastic. I still highly recommend them, they're a significant upgrade for GZ.[quoted image]

#14379 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

For those who installed a shaker motor , did you use the capacitor kit along with the install ?

Not on newer node boards.

#14380 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Do you feel like it makes it too "busy" on the backboard?

No, not at all. I think it fits the theme really well. It's an urban streetscape. So I like the signage, windows, buildings, etc. I especially like how each sign is well integrated into each building. They're easier to read and see, too, which helps newer players. Each sign is so distinct.

You don't have to take my word for it. There's plenty of pics of the backwall completely replaced with Mezel buildings, such as my pic, above. Decide what you like and go from there.

#14381 1 year ago

Alright my left ramp just stopped registering this week, any suggestions?

#14382 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright my left ramp just stopped registering this week, any suggestions?

Test the switches in switch test, then check your wiring next.

#14383 1 year ago

Ok, only had my Pro about 10 days, and love it to death of course, but IMO just too much Red GI. What are you guys doing to change some of it up? Some warm whites here and there, or cool or ?

#14384 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok, only had my Pro about 10 days, and love it to death of course, but IMO just too much Red GI. What are you guys doing to change some of it up? Some warm whites here and there, or cool or ?

I put a green dome on the flasher behind mecha and it really changed the look. Way too much red in game

#14385 1 year ago

This plastic really needs a facelift. Hopefully Mezel Mods comes out with something to complement the other buildings they recreated.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14386 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This plastic really needs a facelift. Hopefully Mezel Mods comes out with something to complement the other buildings they recreated. [quoted image]

I think the top of the moving building looks nice. Pricey though $400 for the 4 buildings

#14387 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My honest review is I'm 97% happy with these. The design and "pop" of the buildings is fantastic! My only complaint is the clear filament used for the windows. These are opaque, and you see the flashers through them. IMHO, they both filter too much light and really show the layer lines from the printing. It's the only element of these that's less than premium in feel/polish. And to not just complain but offer a fix: perhaps Mezel would consider an opaque film applied after printing as an alternative (and not try to print the windows in clear filament). Other than this, they're fantastic. I still highly recommend them, they're a significant upgrade for GZ.[quoted image]

Did you see the ramp stickers from tilt graphics. You should add those will complement the city look.

#14388 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put a green dome on the flasher behind mecha and it really changed the look. Way too much red in game

I like it when all the red lights are lit at the same time. Really looks cool.

#14389 1 year ago

Anybody have clearcoat issues with their playfield?

#14390 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Anybody have clearcoat issues with their playfield?

Like, there isn’t much on it? Mine isn’t even shiny

#14391 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

I like it when all the red lights are lit at the same time. Really looks cool.

When it's time to shoot at mecha, the green really gets your attention. To me, the red flasher there just blended in. But, nothing wrong with either choice, just my preference.

#14392 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Pinstadium NeonAtom Fusion looks amazing.

#14393 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Like, there isn’t much on it? Mine isn’t even shiny

Is it FLAT at least? Or bumpy and orange peeled? Is there any recourse? Have you contacted a distributor or Stern direct?

#14394 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:Is it FLAT at least? Or bumpy and orange peeled? Is there any recourse? Have you contacted a distributor or Stern direct?

Mine is flat and shiny but seems awfully thin. I can feel the textures of the printed art through the clear. That doesn’t seem good to me.

#14395 1 year ago

Got two SJPs in Monster Zero for the first time, neither using heat ray.

#14396 1 year ago

Relatively new to the family, maybe 30 games or so on our premium. Have relatives in town, and some how I posted 507m.. my best game. I was pretty stoked. Went to enter my initials for grand champion "ME" and ended up #1 high score. I was like wtf? Then I scrolled through and find grand champion is 547m by "MAE"... which is my youngest son. He snuck me when I wasn't looking. Ill get him back. Really loving our GZ.. time for some fun mods.

#14397 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I wired a 12v white LED strip at the back top of the playfield where the back board is. I play in a dark room and there are too many moments where the only thing that is lit is the light show with the inserts (like after MechaGZ multiball). I would drain because it was literally too dark to see. That's besides all of the red moments that are in the game. Much nicer now to have constant GI on but still be able to enjoy the light shows.

I also added two white spotlights wired to red bulbs. One is pointed towards the center of the playfield and one towards a GZ toy that I put in to replace the plastic. It was a much needed contrast to the red GI.

#14398 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Relatively new to the family, maybe 30 games or so on our premium. Have relatives in town, and some how I posted 507m.. my best game. I was pretty stoked. Went to enter my initials for grand champion "ME" and ended up #1 high score. I was like wtf? Then I scrolled through and find grand champion is 547m by "MAE"... which is my youngest son. He snuck me when I wasn't looking. Ill get him back. Really loving our GZ.. time for some fun mods.

Of all the cool mods out there, I really like the precision flippers. Look and perform great.

#14399 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Of all the cool mods out there, I really like the precision flippers. Look and perform great.

I was checking those out actually. I have tesla, mirrors, titans, and dougs speaker lights coming. Sleals ufo too.. been playing not modding. Lol.

#14400 1 year ago

I'm going to buy a set of the hollow ones for rush, just waiting for them to be available. Pinwoofer is really good on gz as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/288 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.