IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 548.
#18151 1 year ago

Past couple games I've been doing as little as possible to qualify King of the Monsters as quickly as possible because it takes a long time even if you're doing the bare minimum. Would be cool if Keith added the option to play it as its own mini game like Escape from Nublar to be able to get in practice, because 30-40 playing the normal way to hopefully get one crack at it is a lot.

#18152 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Past couple games I've been doing as little as possible to qualify King of the Monsters as quickly as possible because it takes a long time even if you're doing the bare minimum. Would be cool if Keith added the option to play it as its own mini game like Escape from Nublar to be able to get in practice, because 30-40 playing the normal way to hopefully get one crack at it is a lot.

Yeah I think they are going to be adding a challenge mode from what I’ve heard him say. I’m guessing that won’t include monster island madness though I’m not sure if any of the super wizards modes are available as a challenge mode would be cool though. There’s no real reason not too

#18153 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Yeah I think they are going to be adding a challenge mode from what I’ve heard him say. I’m guessing that won’t include monster island madness though I’m not sure if any of the super wizards modes are available as a challenge mode would be cool though. There’s no real reason not too

I must be the minority maybe, but for me the whole point of seeing these is knowing I am at the end, or closer to the end. Having it at my finger tips is like using cheat codes on a computer game for me. lol I don't like it, it ruins the surprise and I don't feel rewarded knowing that I could have played this mode out of the regular game.
I have JP and I never played that mode in my game but I have in others - not by choice - , I am looking forward to one day getting there just by playing the game. That is way cooler for me.

#18154 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I must be the minority maybe, but for me the whole point of seeing these is knowing I am at the end, or closer to the end. Having it at my finger tips is like using cheat codes on a computer game for me. lol I don't like it, it ruins the surprise and I don't feel rewarded knowing that I could have played this mode out of the regular game.
I have JP and I never played that mode in my game but I have in others - not by choice - , I am looking forward to one day getting there just by playing the game. That is way cooler for me.

I can see that perspective. But having gotten there several times without beating it, I'd like to be able to practice it so I have a better chance the next time I do. Because it takes a long time to even try to give it a shot, whether you end up qualifying the mode or not.

Plus, if it's added, you can opt not to play it.

#18155 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just like with When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, I can't see them adding island madness. I like the idea of keeping those kinds of ultra wizard mode rewards available only for doing everything in an actual game.

#18156 1 year ago

I don’t play challenge modes until I’ve beaten the wizard mode in a regular game, then I feel like I’ve earned the right to short skip to it if I fancy it. They’re a nice quick game if you don’t have time to play a full game and the story/ battle of some wizard modes is fantastic, like a whole game in the game.

Also some people know they may never see some wizard modes without the challenge modes, if you’ve paid so much to have a game in your home it’s nice to be able to experience it all I think. I’m sure challenge modes will be added to GZ at some point.

Escape Nublar is amazing, in my opinion the best wizard mode ever, so it’s very nice to be able to play it more often.

#18157 1 year ago

My logic is I will not use the challenge modes until I have gotten there on my own to "unlock" it for myself. I think this would be a perfect application for insider connected. Let us earn the unlock on the challenge modes, but then again most people probably will not make it there especially on a game like JP and they paid a lot for the game.

#18158 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Here are my tips for each monster:
Ebirah: work the center spinner first it’s the easiest, try the mecha one next, if you have a premium I think it’s easier even than the pro. If you have a trapped ball on the right take a crack at the left spinner don’t try to hit it on the fly it’s death.
Gigan: right ramp is your friend, use a ski pass after a successful ramp shot or again on premium if the building is down it’ll just feed that same shot over and over. Learn the right ramp and you’ll beat him regularly.
Titanasaurus: use multiball on this guy Godzilla preferably, once in mb everything goes toward the middle you’ll hit the stand ups building or spinner which are all jackpots anyway. Use heat ray on the third standup or maser if you get a good bounce into that top right standup. Then captive ball is all that’s left.
Megalon: hardest to beat by far imo, only thing I can say is take your time play slow trap up if the shot isn’t available from the current flipper just wait, the timer will shot but the shots keep moving just wait for one that you want. Don’t worry about the combos unless you’re really going for a big score.

Do you forget to start Rodan before all this.

#18159 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

My logic is I will not use the challenge modes until I have gotten there on my own to "unlock" it for myself. I think this would be a perfect application for insider connected. Let us earn the unlock on the challenge modes, but then again most people probably will not make it there especially on a game like JP and they paid a lot for the game.

Oh this is a great idea… that makes me wonder if the are planning on unlocking these things in the future with a subcription…

#18160 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Do you forget to start Rodan before all this.

I can if it’s available but I was trying to give BrokenChair tips to finish a battle not necessarily get the most points from it

#18161 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don’t play challenge modes until I’ve beaten the wizard mode in a regular game, then I feel like I’ve earned the right to short skip to it if I fancy it. They’re a nice quick game if you don’t have time to play a full game and the story/ battle of some wizard modes is fantastic, like a whole game in the game.
Also some people know they may never see some wizard modes without the challenge modes, if you’ve paid so much to have a game in your home it’s nice to be able to experience it all I think. I’m sure challenge modes will be added to GZ at some point.
Escape Nublar is amazing, in my opinion the best wizard mode ever, so it’s very nice to be able to play it more often.

I agree it’s a great accomplishment to get to one of these wizard modes and getting there can be half or most of the fun. I also see the perspective of why hide these great mode to only the best players. KOTM and Monster island madness are not gimmie wizard modes. There are multiple people in this thread that have had this game a long time and have only beat one or two battles or can’t get those mecha super jackpots.

I guess my position is why hide these awesome modes from people that have paid $7k+ for your game. Maybe will push them to try to get there themselves maybe not but it doesn’t hurt anyone to have these available from the start button.

#18162 1 year ago

As an owner of JP myself, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I will never ever get to Escape from Nublar mode through regular means lol.

The only way I am able to do it is through that challenge mode. And even then I still haven't finished it.

#18163 1 year ago

I do hope they will add a Mini challenge game to Godzilla and I'm pretty sure they will. I usually don't play them until I have accomplished it myself as some others have said, if it's a mode from the game.

I would like to see the mini games treated differently as far as Insider Connected goes though - with their own stand alone games played count, achievements, etc.

If I play the AIQ Battle Royale Mini game (Which is slightly different than the In-game version) I never sign in to IC, because it counts as a game played and just reduces my average score.

#18164 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I can if it’s available but I was trying to give Cire113 tips to finish a battle not necessarily get the most points from it

Thank you for the help I appreciate it ; are there any settings to tweak to make monster battles better or easier ;

I’ve really had problem with ebirah and a fellow pinside said I need to lube up my spinners ; I’d like to think I could beat ebirah without having to do this but maybe not

#18165 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you for the help I appreciate it ; are there any settings to tweak to make monster battles better or easier ;
I’ve really had problem with ebirah and a fellow pinside said I need to lube up my spinners ; I’d like to think I could beat ebirah without having to do this but maybe not

I think just the timers in the settings but also yeah always lube your spinners anyway. They are just more fun that way lol. I use some 3-in-1 on a qtip and just dab the spinner arms where they sit in the brackets.

#18166 1 year ago

I’d like to see a King of the Monsters practice mode added. I haven’t got there yet but when I do I’d like to know what to do instead of panicking in confusion

#18167 1 year ago

So after yesterday's posting, I just beat KotM for the first time with probably the worst-ever bounty (went in with no warnings) but I don't care. Didn't think I'd even get to play it because I mistakenly thought beating Planet X multiball was one of the criteria to qualify it, and I did not. Turns out it is not.

#18168 1 year ago

So after yesterday's posting, I just beat KotM for the first time with probably the worst-ever bounty (went in with no warnings) but I don't care. Didn't think I'd even get to play it because I mistakenly thought beating Planet X multiball was one of the criteria to qualify it, and I did not. Turns out it is not.

Ha that’s awesome.

I think you have to beat Planet X to get to Monster Island Madness or have all 10 secret combos

#18169 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Ha that’s awesome.
I think you have to beat Planet X to get to Monster Island Madness or have all 10 secret combos

That's right. Though I had it in my head you had to at least beat phase one.

Most I've gotten is 9 combos. 10 is probably the more realistic route for me than beating phase 2 of Planet X. Really hard to picture how I'll ever pull that off.

#18170 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Ha that’s awesome

Beating Planet X will not qualify Monster Island Madness. You need to beat Planet X AND beat the Planet X Victory Challenge, which is extremely difficult. You can also qualify Monster Island Madness without completing the Victory Challenge if you collect all ten Secret Combos.

#18171 1 year ago

I have been using this thread for help with scoring:

How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!

-J

#18172 1 year ago
Quoted from MattyF:

Beating Planet X will not qualify Monster Island Madness. You need to beat Planet X AND beat the Planet X Victory Challenge, which is extremely difficult. You can also qualify Monster Island Madness without completing the Victory Challenge if you collect all ten Secret Combos.

Yup you’re right, I knew it was something with beating something in Planet X but yeah the victory challenge another reason I’ll prob never seen KOTM lol

#18173 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Yup you’re right, I knew it was something with beating something in Planet X but yeah the victory challenge another reason I’ll prob never seen KOTM lol

As it turns out, you don't have to beat either phase of planet x—just play it—to get to KotM. I believe the full criteria are play Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Planet X, defeat all Kaiju, and collect Godzilla powerup level 11.

#18174 1 year ago

As it turns out, you don't have to beat either phase of planet x—just play it—to get to KotM. I believe the full criteria are play Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Planet X, defeat all Kaiju, and collect Godzilla powerup level 11.

I don't think you have to defeat the Kaiju. Just play MZ, TOM, Planet X and get power up to 11. You can get to Planet X without defeating the Kaiju.

#18175 1 year ago

This paragraph is close to unattainable for me

#18176 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don't think you have to defeat the Kaiju. Just play MZ, TOM, Planet X and get power up to 11. You can get to Planet X without defeating the Kaiju.

Interesting. I was making a number of harder than reality assumptions about what it would take to make it to the wizard mode. Good to know I can skip any fights I don't finish the first time when just speed running to KotM.

#18177 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

This paragraph is close to unattainable for me

Well, poor guy is stuck on an island paradise , nothing to do. I suppose you play pinball all day

#18178 1 year ago

Yes but for Monster Island madness I think you need to beat Planet X victory or the 10 secret combos that was where I got mixed up. King of the monster is just play it correct

I think we are all correct just mixing up the wizard modes lol.

#18179 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, poor guy is stuck on an island paradise , nothing to do. I suppose you play pinball all day

Hey, I only played one game today. It was just a very long one

#18180 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I have been using this thread for help with scoring:
How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!
-J

Sorry link didn't attach
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

#18181 1 year ago

I regularly hit 1-2 billion. Still haven't seen planet X :p

#18182 1 year ago

Hey, I only played one game today. It was just a very long one

We just got back from Maui a few days before Xmas. Got stuck in the monsoon with no power for almost 2 days. Wishing Maui has somewhere to play. Hint, hint

#18183 1 year ago

This is correct. I'm not 100% sure that you need to defeat each Kaiju Battle completely or just start them (I always just play each one until it's finished in any case). But any of the mini wizard modes just need to be started (not completed) to qualify King of the Monsters. Then when you get to Power Up 11 "Light King of the Monsters" will be an option.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

1-2bil is probably where you'll be in your second or third city. Getting to Planet X is probably more like a 3-5bil game minimum. Getting to King of the Monsters is probably at least a 6-8bil game.

#18184 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How many plays is that at?

The new ball is unused (0-plays), and got it from pbresource.com. The old ball came from a game that I bought from a private seller (could have come from either a 1992 "The Getaway" or a 1978 "Mata Hari", and the ball was in the game when I obtained it, so no idea of the brand or the # plays.

#18185 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We just got back from Maui a few days before Xmas. Got stuck in the monsoon with no power for almost 2 days. Wishing Maui has somewhere to play. Hint, hint

I believe there now is. I'm the Hawaii admin for pinballmap.com and last week I approved the first location submission for Maui. It's in Lahaina and apparently has a Cactus Canyon LE.

#18186 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I've got a pro on loan, had it for a week and finally got to Planet X yesterday - only got 72M on that mode as was too excited. Ended up with 3.2B. Missed a couple of 196M destruction jackpots though

#18187 1 year ago

I noticed some magnetization any recommendations for balls TIA.

#18188 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I noticed some magnetization any recommendations for balls TIA.

Literally the last page is completely dedicated to which balls to use for magnet used pins.

#18189 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Literally the last page is completely dedicated to which balls to use for magnet used pins.

Thank you sooooo much I just bought POLARIS balls.

#18190 1 year ago

Search function is your friend peeps! It’s at the top of the thread. Find in this topic.

#18191 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Search function is your friend peeps! It’s at the top of the thread. Find in this topic.

I get it!! Thanks, such amazzzzzing advice!!

#18192 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If the ball goes to the top of the building, but then is lost and a ball search starts... most likely the "Exit Opto" at the top rear, leading to the building roof. The wire lead broke on mine and this is what happened. Only had to replace the broken half, but did need a new switch.

FIXED. Thanks for this tip.

For me, the wire lead wasn't broken, but the opto transmitter did need to be adjusted.

For the others having this issue, these steps may help with troubleshooting...

- Is your exit opto LED on? It should be on all the time unless a boy is rolling to the roof. You can see the LED with the naked eye.
IMG_0811 (resized).jpegIMG_0811 (resized).jpeg

If it's not on all the time...

- Go into the menu and lower the building so you can send balls up to the roof (diagnostics -> game -> building)

- Go into switch test

- Roll a ball through the building into the VUK. See if you are getting the "exit opto" switch triggered. For me, it was only triggering ~25% of the time.

- Accessing the opto is a bit of pain... Remove the two metal wireforms (2 screws each) and remove the center building (3 screws)

- It should look like this:
IMG_0810 (resized).jpegIMG_0810 (resized).jpeg

- Check for broken wires. See if you can adjust (wiggle) the transmitter or receiver so that the LED is on constantly.

- You can unscrew the opto a bit to adjust or remove it altogether as necessary. Note: The left building is easy to take off, but a bit of a pain to put back on. Avoid taking it off if possible.

Good luck!

#18193 1 year ago

This washer fell on the edge of the coin door when I opened it just now, and I'm trying to figure out if it came from the back of the coin door or the underside of the play field.
Could someone kindly check to see if there should be a washer holding the clip for the cable management in this photo? Thanks in advance.

16732970287322800792436604800665 (resized).jpg16732970287322800792436604800665 (resized).jpg16732970481468808092307283198514 (resized).jpg16732970481468808092307283198514 (resized).jpg
#18194 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

This washer fell on the edge of the coin door when I opened it just now, and I'm trying to figure out if it came from the back of the coin door or the underside of the play field.
Could someone kindly check to see if there should be a washer holding the clip for the cable management in this photo? Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image]

Could someone kindly check to see if there should be a washer holding the clip for the cable management in this photo? Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that is where it fell off of. My coin door has a nut on that location

#18195 1 year ago

A79CE8F2-CF4E-4A16-83A9-AC5888084DF6 (resized).jpegA79CE8F2-CF4E-4A16-83A9-AC5888084DF6 (resized).jpeg

#18196 1 year ago
Quoted from phs4real:

Yes that is where it fell off of. My coin door has a nut on that location

Quoted from phs4real:

[quoted image]

Many thanks!

#18197 1 year ago

Turn my GZ Pro on after adding some mods and now it loads up 2 balls for the start of the game. Does it through out the whole game. How do I make it stop doing this?

#18198 1 year ago
Quoted from gcr3579:

Turn my GZ Pro on after adding some mods and now it loads up 2 balls for the start of the game. Does it through out the whole game. How do I make it stop doing this?

Do trough test. Then Try reseating trough board. Balls may be magnetized.

#18199 1 year ago

Does it kick them both out at the same time? Or does it kick one out then another one after that?

#18200 1 year ago

Does anyone have the 1.02 code update file they could send me? I've had quite a few building issues ever since updating to 1.03. I've checked all the opto, the vuk, looked for broken wires etc. and everything looks and works perfectly fine. Which is reason for me to believe this is code related since that's when all this started. My problem:

When I shoot the ball into the building to lock "Ball 1" I hear it (metal clank) fall into the VUK but nothing happens and the game goes into ball search. In doing so it raises/lowers the building, then triggers the VUK, which then sends the ball through the building, down the habit-trail and back to the flippers. When I go to re-lock "Ball 1" the second time everything works just fine and the ball goes up to the top of the building with no problems. When I go to lock "Ball 2" I again hear it fall into the VUK, but nothing happens, and the game goes into another ball search. This time the building does not raise/lower, but the VUK triggers sending "Ball 2" up and locking it. When locking "Ball 3" everything works fine, "Ball 3" goes right up and starts multiball.

Side Note: When playing the other night Player 2 had locked 2 balls (with the above problems), When Player 1 was up they ended up stealing Player 2's multiball by locking a third ball, which should have been Player 1's first ball lock. It then started multiball, but once the first ball drained it gave the End of Ball Bonus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
9,000 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/364 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.