IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 549.
#24901 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Finally finished the Bridge design, with Godzilla so close no bridge be pristine and with Atomic King Ghidorah coming to the battlefield, I mean playfield soon, we needed a bridge that has been through a few Kaiju battles.
I also wanted to complete the Kaiju battle damage aesthetic that Davey started with his awesome Noodle Bar mod and bring that level of detail to the bridge, Drake/Toho building to fully completed that world under glass.
Atomic Battle Bridge, suspended car on the left, train carriage that’s crashed out the lower levels of the bridges right side, using the power of Stumblor, the aim is to have the bridge light up at rest, have a triggered explosion pattern and a fire/burn pattern all integrated into actions within the game.
Beginning the test fitting this week.
[quoted image]

Any update to the status of this mod and also the building you teased some weeks ago? Is there a preorder list on either?

#24902 5 months ago
Quoted from playcubeman:

Hi ,
what the size height topper official stern ?

Around 19 to 20 cm.

#24903 5 months ago

Messing around with sound and decided to change to random for music and orchestrated for background. Default was 8 for fade which I thought was odd. I changed it back to 0 and instead of V for equalizers I set them up towards higher end spectrum. Also changed attenuation to -9 for music. The clarity is more crisp and the sound is really loud. I tend to play in Japanese(Hory Rory) and it sounds great. May want to play with settings before reinventing the wheel and redoing sound system.

#24904 5 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Can someone tell me the situations or modes the Godzilla spot light is activated during game play? I want to use the LED spot as a signal source to trigger a mod I'm working on.

Godzilla multi ball, not sure what else off the top of my head...

#24905 5 months ago

Isn’t hitting the revive spinner supposed to change the next song selection for a mode is not doing it for me;

Do you just have to hit the spinner wants to change the song mode or you have to complete revive?

#24906 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Isn’t hitting the revive spinner supposed to change the next song selection for a mode is not doing it for me;
Do you just have to hit the spinner wants to change the song mode or you have to complete revive?

I think you are lost

#24907 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

This is a Maiden question but once your mode is lit to start at the center ramp, you cannot change the mode. Have to change it sooner.

#24908 5 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think you are lost

If you squint your eyes really hard, Eddie does look a little bit like Godzilla.

#24909 5 months ago

Hello all. I ordered my first pin and it’s this Godzilla premium machine set to arrive mid December. Super stoked. I’m trying really hard to stop buying mods! We have the Japanese sign, shaker motor and building roof mod either ordered or it’s here waiting on the pin to be delivered. Great discussion so far!

#24910 5 months ago

How common are micro scratches on the godzilla part of the playfield. I know they will show up with normal wear and tear but my JP has a lot less.

900 or so plays (most very short due too kids)

(Yes I wax the playfielf and change out balls).

#24911 5 months ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

How common are micro scratches on the godzilla part of the playfield. I know they will show up with normal wear and tear but my JP has a lot less.
900 or so plays (most very short due too kids)
(Yes I wax the playfielf and change out balls).

The quality of clear coat might vary from game to game but it’s normal and unavoidable in general. It can be more noticeable until there is more general wear and it all evens out. Sounds like you’re already doing what you can. Keep it clean and change balls when they get banged up are the main things.

#24912 5 months ago

I accidentally broke one of the slingshot bulb assembly wile trying to attach alligator clips. It's the type 55 bulb housing. Anyone know where I can get this or know how to go about fixing it? Thanks!

PXL_20231110_010003647~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20231110_010003647~2 (resized).jpg
#24913 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

I accidentally broke one of the slingshot bulb assembly wile trying to attach alligator clips. It's the type 55 bulb housing. Anyone know where I can get this or know how to go about fixing it? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Replacements:
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-short-mounting-bracket-for-stern-gi-lighting.html

#24914 5 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Godzilla multi ball, not sure what else off the top of my head...

Yeah, that’s the only one I know of maybe someone else knows others?

#24915 5 months ago

I've been considering speaker upgrades and was curious what people recommend as being a good value. I was looking at:
* Kenwood Speaker Upgrade @ $100
* Boom Boom Cabinet Speaker Upgrade @ $45
* Pinsound Spike 2 Kit @ $170
* Pinwoofer Spike 2 Kit @ $400

I'm wondering whether folks think these upgrades are worth it for Godzilla and whether the more expensive upgrades justify their price point. My machine is in a concrete-floor basement room with subpar acoustics so I didn't want to go overboard.

#24916 5 months ago
Quoted from barndawg:

I've been considering speaker upgrades and was curious what people recommend as being a good value. I was looking at:
I'm wondering whether folks think these upgrades are worth it for Godzilla and whether the more expensive upgrades justify their price point. My machine is in a concrete-floor basement room with subpar acoustics so I didn't want to go overboard.

Pinwoofer completely changes any game .I’m going to be getting it on all my keepers now .I feel it’s a great price for what you get .High quality sound does wonders for the atmosphere of the game .I also have the Kenwood/Boom boom in 2 pins and they are ok ,just nowhere near what you get with pinwoofer .Never tried Pinsound .

#24917 5 months ago
Quoted from barndawg:

I put pinwoofers in games I know I'll sell , just because of the difference it makes. And yes, GZ shines with pw installed.

#24918 5 months ago

I always buy Pinwoofers kit as well.

#24919 5 months ago
Quoted from barndawg:

Pinwoofer will transform your sound.
Boom Boom is just a reliable cab woofer, it’s better than stock, but won’t be super noticeable.
One option I like that you didn’t mention is a stand-alone powered subwoofer, like a 100w Polk Audio. These do add low-end bass. I have 3 or 4 of them and it’s a reasonable option for adding some rumble to your game. They were a great bargain at $100 for a few years pre-Covid. Then they went to $150 and now it’s tricky to find them under $200. Still worth considering. Not as refined a sound as a complete Pinwoofer kit, but a nice bass booster if your other speakers are working. You need some decent high and mid-range speakers to pair with this bass box. One nice perk is these are 2-way, so you can plop one between 2 pins and attach both pins to one sub.
Another speaker upgrade short of Pinwoofer is Flipper Fidelity. A nice middle of the spectrum sound system. I upgraded my Fish Tales to FF and it’s a quality sound. $150 or so for 3-speaker set. A really nice upgrade.
Pinsound has quality products, but I can’t say I know much about their speakers. I’m guessing they are nice. Their alternate sound boards are excellent. They really transform the playing experience on some pins, like LOTR and BSD.

#24920 5 months ago
Quoted from barndawg:

Pinwoofer is incredible and will unlock sound detail that you just don’t get otherwise. I have tried Kenwood and Pinsound, they are OK, but nowhere close to Pinwoofer.

Only downside is that once you get Pinwoofer on one game, you will want it on them all…and obviously not cheap.

Good luck!

#24921 5 months ago

I just put it in Pin sounds in my Godzilla and I think they’re really good

#24922 5 months ago

I have a Godzilla Premium coming in a few weeks. While watching a Twitch stream last night, the streamer (Flipstream), mentioned that the game comes with some material (lubricant?) you need to apply to the building which helps its movement and reduces noise. First I had heard of that. Can anyone confirm?

#24923 5 months ago
Quoted from Big_C_70092:

Hello all. I ordered my first pin and it’s this Godzilla premium machine set to arrive mid December. Super stoked. I’m trying really hard to stop buying mods! We have the Japanese sign, shaker motor and building roof mod either ordered or it’s here waiting on the pin to be delivered. Great discussion so far!

Right there with you pal! Waiting for my premium, also in December. I’ve got boxes and boxes of mods just waiting to go!

Also, I wanted to do anodized hardware, but hard to find stock in the US. You can get delivery from EU via 3rd party shipping companies, but it drives price up too much. You can order aluminum hardware locally, but the sems screws are impossible to find - I found one place that will make them but they’re slotted instead of philips driver style. Also you lose the magnetic properties with aluminum and I’m always dropping screws. And no cheap or easy way to anodize metal, stainless, or zinc plated. Only one company has seemed to have found a way to do this for colors like red or blue. And it’s expensive.

So, I’m experimenting with some metallic anodizing paint. Painted a few washers and screws - they look incredible. Going to let paint cure then acre them in and out a bunch of times to evaluate paint resiliencey for chipping/scratches- I’m using wood screws to test so tougher than what you deal with in a pinball. I also have a set I painted and will put a hard clear coat on to see if that holds up better. Hopefully they are reasonable as then I can keep the metallic/magnetic properties but still get the shiny custom hardware look. If anyone is interested I can post results.

#24924 5 months ago

Also note Medel Mods should get another batch of anodized hardware (they are currently out of many colors) in stock in December.

#24925 5 months ago
Quoted from barndawg:

I don’t know about others in your list, but I did a set of pinwoofers for my JJP GNR and they were a huge upgrade on sound!

#24926 5 months ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I have a Godzilla Premium coming in a few weeks. While watching a Twitch stream last night, the streamer (Flipstream), mentioned that the game comes with some material (lubricant?) you need to apply to the building which helps its movement and reduces noise. First I had heard of that. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, a small vial to lube the building. But I bought new on release and have not seen the need to do so far. Over 1000 plays. But that might not be true for every game

#24927 5 months ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

It comes with the game in case it's ever needed. But it's not something you need to put on right away and there's a decent chance you won't ever need it, or at least won't need it for a long time.

#24928 5 months ago

Thanks for the accolades, guys!

Since we were mentioned, please see our Spike Black Friday ad below.

Our BF coupon codes are live and we're ready to ship.

Since most of our super kit options come with a built-in savings anyway, this code can be used to save even more.

Have a great day all!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thanks,

Dan

https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

Spike (resized).JPGSpike (resized).JPG
#24929 5 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks for the accolades, guys!
Since we were mentioned, please see our Spike Black Friday ad below.
Our BF coupon codes are live and we're ready to ship.
Since most of our super kit options come with a built-in savings anyway, this code can be used to save even more.
Have a great day all!
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Mid if I share this in the black friday thread for this year?

#24930 5 months ago
Quoted from Big_C_70092:

Congrats! I would hold off on the roof mod if I were you. I was all set for this based upon the premium that I played on location, but the premium that I just received didn't end up needing it

#24931 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinpals:

Congrats! I would hold off on the roof mod if I were you. I was all set for this based upon the premium that I played on location, but the premium that I just received didn't end up needing it

Agreed. I almost bought one and waited until I got my premium, and never needed it.

#24932 5 months ago
Quoted from Rnlo:

pixelpete those came out really nice! I’d love to take a crack at printing some for my machine if you don’t mind sharing.

Shoot me your email and I'll send you the files ready to print. Others have as well. Glad to share!

#24933 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My Godzilla js one year old with 1500 plays do you think it’s necessary to change the rubber out ? It honestly doesn’t look that bad at all..
Around how many plays do you change rubber on Godzilla I change balls every 500 games cause it eats balls fast
Thanks for the help
Also another question what’s the easiest way to change this rubber In the pic does that entire thing have to come out or just remove the plastic on top, the left ramp, and the one screw or do I have to take out that entire piece …
Attached are my rubber pics
Thank you again for the input
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea to change out the rubbers.
I do this day 1 on all my pins.
The black rubbers (o-rings, posts, slings, and flippers) break down and makes the playfield dirty so I can them for that reason as well as aesthetics. I change out all the rubbers to complement the art on the playfield. Both are personal preference. Some rubbers are silicon which play like rubber but breakdown fast. Superbands are very durable but some say they are too bouncy. I use Superbands for all posts as I noticed silicon posts break down fast on the side that hits the silver ball. Replacing rubbers is super easy. Glad to help if you get stuck. Check out Marco Specialties and PinLife for rubber parts.

#24934 5 months ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Mid if I share this in the black friday thread for this year?

Someone beat you to it, but thanks for the offer tbaum !

We also posted our three offers here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-deals-2023#post-7866253

Thanks,

Dan
[email protected]

#24935 5 months ago

Did some modding today, been holding onto all of the mods below for almost 2 yrs. Decided to install them over the last 2 days.

I did break the front tab of my neagele building while lowering the playfield. The felt on the side of the building caught onto the edge of my art blade and broke it but some glue should fix it so no problems.

Everything really makes the game stick out. Now all I need is upgraded speakers and a sub to call it a day.

Mojo Mods - ATOMIC GODZILLA (Extended version)
The Art of Pinball – Bridge Sculpt 4 Piece Set
The Art of Pinball – Mechagodzilla Shield Sculpt
The Art of Pinball - Xiliens Flying Saucer Pop Bumper Sculpt
Mezel Mods - Fluorescent Yellow plastic proctor set
Mezel Mods - Ramp Illumination
Mezel Mods - Alien Console
Mezel Mods - Scoop Illumination (Interactive)
Mezel Mods - Noodle (right ramp) Sign
Mezel Mods - Kaiju Scoop Sign
Mezel Mods - Subway Sign Sign
Mezel Mods - Lock Sig Sign
Diddymods - Tesla Strike Towers
Diddymods - Naegele Oil Building
Diddymods - Red Bamboo fighter jet

PXL_20231113_060844329 (resized).jpgPXL_20231113_060844329 (resized).jpg
#24936 5 months ago

New batch of oxygen destroyers now available. There are currently 7 left.

https://lermods.com/products/godzilla-pinball-interactive-oxygen-destroyer-od-mod

3CE2443C-AC56-4679-9DE5-DD97B2D9A62B (resized).jpeg3CE2443C-AC56-4679-9DE5-DD97B2D9A62B (resized).jpeg
#24937 5 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Agreed. I almost bought one and waited until I got my premium, and never needed it.

Same here.

#24938 5 months ago

Turned on GZ last night to play a few quick games while the wife was studying. Wound up with a new Grand Champ!

Resized_20231113_191600 (resized).jpegResized_20231113_191600 (resized).jpeg
#24939 5 months ago

New code is out for Thanksgiving as part of a 22-machine code drop, v1.08.0. I was hoping (although topper owners might not ) that the next update would include the KOTM challenge mode for us non-topper folks but it does not. Mostly backend stuff.

V1.08.0 - November 14th, 2023
=============================
- Game Mode Menu - has now been integrated into Insider Connected login screens.
- Adjustments - fixed a few names that refer to "ESCAPE NUBLAR" instead of "KOTM TIME ATTACK"

- System - Updated to V3.52.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.14.0

- Conagent v1.0.14

- Updated Pricing Table:
Norway 1 - 1/10 NKr.
Norway 2 - 1/10 NKr, 3/20NKr.
Norway 3 - 1/20 NKr.
Norway 4 - 1/20 NKr, 3/40 NKr.
Norway 5 - 1/5 NKr.
Factory Default for Norway is Norway 1 - 1/10 NKr.

Sweden 1 - 1/10 SKr, 2/15 SKr, 3/20 SKr.
Sweden 2 - 1/5 SKr.
Sweden 3 - 1/10 SKr.
Sweden 4 - 1/20 SKr.
Sweden 5 - 1/10 SKr, 3/20 SKr.
Factory Default for Sweden is Sweden 3 - 1/10 SKr.

Denmark 1 - 1/3 DKr, 2/5 DKr.
Denmark 2 - 1/2 DKr, 2/4 DKr, 3/5 DKr, 4/7 DKr, 5/9 DKr, 7/10 DKr.
Denmark 3 - 1/5 DKr.
Denmark 4 - 1/10 DKr.
Denmark 5 - 1/20 DKr.
Denmark 6 - 1/10 DKr., 3/20 DKr.
Factory Default for Denmark is is Denmark 4 - 1/10 DKr.

- Moved FREE PLAY and GAME PRICING adjustments to the beginning of the Standard Adjustments list.

- Update AD_ALLOW_FORCE_ENDGAME default to ALWAYS (from FREEPLAY ONLY)

- If Home Team menu is present, a popup window will make you confirm a
game start when no user was selected.

- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

#24940 5 months ago

I'm currently getting the new code. For a second I though my machine had blown as there was a loud pop and a black screen here in my office! A few minutes later the screen came back and is downloading a code update!

#24941 5 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Downloading now. Not explicit bug fix notes in the update. Will be interested if this line addresses any of the known bugs.

#24942 5 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

New code is out for Thanksgiving as part of a 22-machine code drop, v1.08.0. I was hoping (although topper owners might not ) that the next update would include the KOTM challenge mode for us non-topper folks but it does not. Mostly backend stuff.
V1.08.0 - November 14th, 2023
=============================
- Game Mode Menu - has now been integrated into Insider Connected login screens.
- Adjustments - fixed a few names that refer to "ESCAPE NUBLAR" instead of "KOTM TIME ATTACK"
- System - Updated to V3.52.0 on OS: V2.7.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.14.0
- Conagent v1.0.14
- Updated Pricing Table:
Norway 1 - 1/10 NKr.
Norway 2 - 1/10 NKr, 3/20NKr.
Norway 3 - 1/20 NKr.
Norway 4 - 1/20 NKr, 3/40 NKr.
Norway 5 - 1/5 NKr.
Factory Default for Norway is Norway 1 - 1/10 NKr.
Sweden 1 - 1/10 SKr, 2/15 SKr, 3/20 SKr.
Sweden 2 - 1/5 SKr.
Sweden 3 - 1/10 SKr.
Sweden 4 - 1/20 SKr.
Sweden 5 - 1/10 SKr, 3/20 SKr.
Factory Default for Sweden is Sweden 3 - 1/10 SKr.
Denmark 1 - 1/3 DKr, 2/5 DKr.
Denmark 2 - 1/2 DKr, 2/4 DKr, 3/5 DKr, 4/7 DKr, 5/9 DKr, 7/10 DKr.
Denmark 3 - 1/5 DKr.
Denmark 4 - 1/10 DKr.
Denmark 5 - 1/20 DKr.
Denmark 6 - 1/10 DKr., 3/20 DKr.
Factory Default for Denmark is is Denmark 4 - 1/10 DKr.
- Moved FREE PLAY and GAME PRICING adjustments to the beginning of the Standard Adjustments list.
- Update AD_ALLOW_FORCE_ENDGAME default to ALWAYS (from FREEPLAY ONLY)
- If Home Team menu is present, a popup window will make you confirm a
game start when no user was selected.

So pretty much a nothing ?

#24943 5 months ago

Waste of time to download

#24944 5 months ago

Well at least free play mode is moved to the beginning of the menu now. That's not really worth downloading IMO but it makes it easier for operators.

#24945 5 months ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Well at least free play mode is moved to the beginning of the menu now. That's not really worth downloading IMO but it makes it easier for operators.

Does update of code delete all scores and awards from previous code?

#24946 5 months ago

The GZ topper is the code winner today .

#24947 5 months ago

My bad ,read too far that was from June .

#24948 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My bad ,read too far that was from June .

I was going to say,WHAT

#24949 5 months ago

What’s the word on the best non-reflective glass? Slightly non Godzilla topic but it does impact my Godzilla machine more than my others

#24950 5 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

What’s the word on the best non-reflective glass? Slightly non Godzilla topic but it does impact my Godzilla machine more than my others

I'm quite happy with the VooDoo Glass I put on mine. I have Invisiglass in an AFM and it's good too. A little different tint to the AR coating, but both seem to work well. Same story with the Stern AR glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/499?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.