Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8612 2 years ago

I should be joining the club Wednesday to say I'm excited is an understatement

#8792 2 years ago

These stock pro backbox speakers are terrible. Whats the suggested upgrade? And should I replace the sub too with a better one? Leave it? Or go external sub?

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

pinwoofer and a sub,my game could not sound better.Ask my neighbors or someone in a nearby town

So you have the pinwoofer kit. Speakers,Amp and sub. Not an external sub?

#8804 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I apologize,I misspoke In Godzilla I have only added pinwoofers Do it yourself amp and an external polk sub.It sounds great and I didnt feel the need to upgrade the other speakers.

Is the Polk sub not powered on its own like the one most people get and the reason for the amp?

#8927 2 years ago

Lucky for me I find the shooter rod ugly and have no desire to get one

#9027 2 years ago

Dollar Tree has some dyi shooter rod kits

20220327_143741 (resized).jpg20220327_143741 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9281 2 years ago

I put on Titan glow rubbers,Ulekstore's flipper toppers and the scoop sign from Mezelmod. I figured I'd post a pic for everyone to see incase anyone has been wondering how any of these look installed.

20220403_162951 (resized).jpg20220403_162951 (resized).jpg
#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

These look great. I just bought flipper rubbers. I did not know about the sling and post rubbers. What size rings are the sling rubbers?

I built the kit using the guide someone posted on Titan Pinballs site

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Saved! I wasn't sure about those colors until your picture. They look great!

Same here but figured there's not many rubbers so if I didn't like it I'll buy a different color.

#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not really. If I’m going to drop $100 on something, I wouldn’t want the Godzilla text 5 inches from Godzilla text.

Like the turtle topper?

#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

My best game so far. Won't stand up to most of you guys, but this is my first pin ever, and only had it a week. [quoted image]

Not a bad score,as you start learning how to stack the side modes with battles,playfield multiplier and multiball you can start racking up bigger scores. Sometimes I'll turn high scores off and put it on more balls for a few games to advance farther and get a better grasp for the rules.

#9489 2 years ago

The premium is never worth it imo and gz is no exception. At least in this case the premium doesn't make the game worse like Munsters,BKSOR,GOT,GOTG,AIQ,IMDN....

#9662 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What's that about a 'mini' game?

Most of the newer Sterns have a mini game/wizard mode available to select by holding both flipper buttons before pressing start it's natural to assume Godzilla will get the same treatment.

#9672 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well..TMNT MANDO and JP have this. Are there other?

Munsters and AIQ

#9772 2 years ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

When the topper is eventually released, do people put an order in with their distro for it, or get it directly from Stern? I'm wondering if I should get on an eventual list for one, seeing as demand is insane for everything now. How much are we expecting the topper to sell for?

Order has been in since before I picked up my machine and the expected price will be WAY TO MUCH.

1 week later
#10103 1 year ago

I used Titan rubbers this time because I wanted to try the glow but I use Perfect Play on my other games and prefer them over Titans.

1 week later
#10305 1 year ago

The new mode definitely gives meaning to mecha godzilla. It's amazing how perfect the team has designed and coded this game and it's not even close to finished.

#10456 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Getting close to the end .....only a few numbers left to go
[quoted image]

Woo-hoo I know I'm about the last in line

#10512 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone buy the Mothra shooter rod lately? If so are there still issues with it?

Besides it being ugly as $%#! ?

1 week later
#10848 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Final four shipping out in the morning
[quoted image]

Woo-hoo

1 week later
#11179 1 year ago

I took my building out to do some cleaning and modding and stumbled on this Easter egg. Yeti was here.

20220602_182158 (resized).jpg20220602_182158 (resized).jpg20220602_182300 (resized).jpg20220602_182300 (resized).jpg
#11184 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe? Although Gamera isn’t a sea turtle. Who is Yeti?

Zombie Yeti aka Jeremy Packard the artist

#11246 1 year ago

Spent the day modding but should of took 2 minutes to clean the rubbers

20220605_194445 (resized).jpg20220605_194445 (resized).jpg20220605_194434 (resized).jpg20220605_194434 (resized).jpg20220605_190312 (resized).jpg20220605_190312 (resized).jpg20220605_194422 (resized).jpg20220605_194422 (resized).jpg
#11248 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm not sold on these flipper fans. If I open the coin door after a fart will they dissipate the smell?

It may suck it in like a Dutch oven

#11302 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I love my pro. I played the Premium/LE a still decided to go with the pro. For me the pro flowed much better and I added a bunch of mods to mine and toys and love it. No regrets for me. Saved $2200 over the premium.
[quoted image]

I saved $2200 then spent $2200 on mods

#11323 1 year ago

I'm having an opto problem entering the buikding on my pro. Sometimes it registers fine other times not at all I've tried turning machine off and back on and will sometimes get it working again and sometimes it works for a while then mid game it goes out. Any ideas?

1 week later
#11600 1 year ago

Pretty sure I just took the spotlight off then the long post using a small wrench set on a cloth on the playfield nut.

#11882 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Thinking of trading in our Stranger Things Pro for Godzilla Pro. Our local distributor allows us to trade into new Pro’s for our current game plus $1,000. Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback you have for me on this potential deal. We are a 1-pin family. We started with Star Trek Pro, traded into Stranger Things, and now considering Godzilla. We seem to trade every 1 - 1 1/2 years when we would like a new pin. Thanks.

Don't trade it in but sell it. It will sell quick and for more than trade in.

#11964 1 year ago

I paid $160 for 5.25" kickers a d the 8"JBL.
My friend went with Flipper Fidelity and they sound good but my setup sounds better.

#12124 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I think I am going crazy. I was sure I saw a couple of posts on equalizer settings recently, but no way can I find them now. Can anyone help me out?

Check the diy sound upgrade thread

#12237 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Are these suggested sub upgrades plug and play as far as wiring goes? Remove old sub, use same wires is about as far as my technical audio visual skills go.

Yes

2 weeks later
#12747 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The guy called from Stern. Awesome help. He had me remove the molex from both boards. (I have three.)
Then we did the CLR test and the balls showed empty in the trough. This ruled out the node board. So they are sending me new trough opto boards.
Thanks everyone for the help. I appreciate your time.

Let's hope you get yours faster than mine I'm at 3 weeks and waiting

#12751 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What are you waiting for?

Optos for the building

2 weeks later
#13623 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Just picked up my NIB Premium. First thing I do, tear it down into all its parts so I can move it to a second floor without killing myself or anyone else . Need one of those stair climbing hand trucks

A friend has a used escalera for a smoking price in Farmington MI I'd buy it but I just bought a different brand a couple months ago

#13631 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Ok, so I've got some hours on my NIB premium, and I've noticed that the speakers sometimes pop a bit like they are being overdriven or something. It's especially noticeable on some of the callouts. Especially the end of ball callouts. I have the audio all on factory defaults. Is this normal? Are the callouts or the speakers just a bit lower quality than my expectations, or does it seem like I should do some troubleshooting?

The speakers suck almost any speaker you can find to replace them will be better and super easy to do. There's a diy sound improvement thread with some good info and reviews. I added 5 1/4" kicker 2way in the head with an adapter plate and a jbl 8" in the cab. I also have a powered 10" sub underneath and this thing shakes my whole house and sounds very clear. There's also a built in 10 band eq you can find in the service menu to fine tune everything.

#13639 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Alright. Thanks for the info. It seems to only be happening in the vocal range so I'll play with the eq a bit. Probably pick up some better speakers down the line, but dang is this machine hard to walk away from.

Even a $20-30 set of Pyle's on the back box will be a vast improvement.

Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Do we know what kind of audio files Stern uses in their pins? I just changed my speakers, and it sounds like the source material sounds bad regardless of the speakers used. Anyone know if all audio is MP3, low bitrate, or something better?

You have to go into the service menu and find the eq and adjust the settings or it will still sound terrible. Also you can safely switch between 4&8 ohm pretty sure both my cab and back box are at 8 but I'll look when I get home.

#13656 1 year ago

Confirmed all speakers running at 8 ohm.

#13724 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

if I hit the right spinner (usually when trying to hit the scoop, I'm that bad) the ball goes down the tail whip path, and gently bounces over to the left flipper somehow which is very convenient, Can get it back under control 90% of the time.

Same here

#13828 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Have to hold it down for a while. I use my belly, i dunno about you guys.

I use my chin,my wife uses her tit,1 friend uses his knee and I've seen another teabag it lol.

#13862 1 year ago

I haven't had a single ball hop the flippers

#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

And I haven't had a single friend drop his nut sack on the action button.

You need better friends and more alchohol.you should see this guy destroy the TIE fighters on Star Wars.

#14056 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Nice! I’m going with 5.25 kickers, JBL woofer and a fosi amp. All in about $220. First time upgrading the speaker system. I’m hoping it’s worth it

I went the same speakers and even without the amp it's worth it. I'll be adding my amp hopefully on Sunday.

1 week later
#14313 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

How far along are people on achievements? Anyone get all of them?
I've got four to go.
Two I think I can get if I play some games just going after them:
- Ghidorah and Gigan Big Win
- All City Combos (assuming this means all city combos that exist on a machine - if it means 12 when the pro only has a total of 8, I'm out of luck)
One I think will just have to happen by happenstance:
- All Secret Combos (I don't even know what they are and my highest thus far is 8 out of 10)
And one I'll just hope happens someday because it's pretty tough and it probably takes 45 minutes to even get to attempt it:
- Planet X Victory Complete

I've got 9 out of 10 secret combos but I couldn't tell you what a single one is

1 week later
#14584 1 year ago

This is the color I'm going to go with on my pro

Screenshot_20220508-002810_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220508-002810_Gallery (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14802 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Have a chance to get a Metallica Premium for my Godzilla Premium. Should I pull off the trade? What do you guys think?

I would only if I knew I could afford a gz later on since Metallica is out of production. Appropriate cash added.

#14846 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I kind of wish there was some other way to spot the ramp shots/light a Kaiju battle. I feel like a lot of players could end up being locked out of them just by the difficulty of that left ramp. Like maybe if you hit the right ramp 4 times or something, so that the better option remains to go for 1 right and 1 left, but for people who struggle to hit the left ramp, they can still find themselves working towards a Kaiju battle.

Change it in the settings to light battle with 1 ramp

#14931 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

What is the point of this mod?

It replaces the physical switch with a magnetic switch for better consistency

#14977 1 year ago

I adjusted my left ramp lane guide next to the magna grab and what a difference. I highly recommend everyone do this.It's cut my rejects way down.

#15093 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Did they change the rules or method of getting saucer MB? Never got it before actually but after 1.0 I've gotten it twice

no but they added in a reward for 9 saucers

#15106 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I'm thinking about making a couple of adjustments and I'm curious if anyone else has done either. I have very few complaints about this game and we all enjoy it very much. Here are the adjustments:
1- I'm thinking of moving the posts on each side down to close the outlines more. We don't play to be champions or even play I. Tournaments. So it's not going to affect any 'real' skill or games.
2- I'm thinking of turning on the setting that allows that Kaiju battle to continue of the ball drains.
Like I said, we don't play tournaments or try to be expert player, just want to have more fun. So I am curious how many other people made those or similar adjustments.

I say do what makes it more enjoyable for you.if you decide to do a home tournament you can switch it back. Gz is so deep most players aren't going to run through it no matter how they set it up.

#15116 1 year ago
Quoted from mattster:

Had my GZ two months now and this game really gets down to the essence of pinball. Bravo Stern!
One thing I'd like to see added for less gifted players like myself is code that would allow a ball sequester during multiball to keep the flailing down a bit. Something like a Ally award that allows you to store the ball for 10 seconds in the VUK hole or held by one of the magnets.

I'll let the balls drain so I have clean shots at the left ramp at the start of mecha gz multiball until I hit it or the shoot again light start blinking fast since it's my hardest shot to hit except for the top target on the mecha gz which is all luck for me(Pro model)

2 weeks later
#15546 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m surprised anyone thinks this. It was his warm up game imo.

I personally can't believe anyone likes AIQ the worst Stern in 10 years imo.

#15627 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:I am prepared to upgrade speakers, but a little annoyed that I would need to upgrade amp too. Although I do suspect it is amp clipping that I am hearing.
What amp did you install?

Unless your internal amp is defective why would you need to add an amp? I upgraded my speakers and it worked and sounded way better with the internal stock amp. I ended up going with an aftermarket amp but the main reason was for the bluetooth connectivity not sound quality.

#15802 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

I have been on easy mode because my kids hate the left ramp. Medium might be a good compromise. It is a pretty tough shot for an important and repetitive mode start. Gotta sy makes the game more fun on easy

If you haven't adjusted the left ramp lane guide next to the magnet I highly suggest you take 2 minutes and do it. I've increased my successful left ramp shots by %75.

1 week later
#16161 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Why do you post this ranking crap every couple of days?
Why does it matter?

Some people just need to be accepted

2 weeks later
#16738 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone have any nice apron cards? I’d like to replace the insider connect card

I can make customs

20220605_162131 (resized).jpg20220605_162131 (resized).jpg
#16742 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Color version?

Coming soon

1 week later
#17051 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings everyone, hope you all are having a great start to the holiday season!
We publish this comparison from time to time as taken from the various posts out there. Below are some things to think about and no knock on anyone's approach:
1) To DIY your realized cost is going to be about the same, but it will be difficult to match PinWoofer's integration and outcome.
2) The time to install the PinWoofer kit is approximately 30–60 minutes and this is likely about the time required to only come up with a plan and order ones own parts, let alone doing the actual install.
3) DIY install time is going to vary widely but it will be on the order of hours if not days.
4) Odds of failure are higher, and Amazon does not provide pinball audio support.
5) After the money is spent, there is little or no brand recognition for the mixed parts added so it will be difficult to convince a buyer that your upgrades command a higher selling price.
Spike-2 Super Kit:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
Thanks for your attention and have a stellar day!
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri[quoted image]

I'm sure more people recognize Kicker and JBL than Pinwoofer. Not saying your product isn't good and you could argue better but sorry your name recognition is not even close.

#17054 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've tried kicker, pinball life , Kenwood speakers, nothing comes remotely close to pinwoofers kits.

I'm not talking about quality since I'm not using them but if I tell my friends I have a pinwoofer kit they would stare blankly at me but when I tell them I have Kicker and JBL they're like DAMN!!!!

#17175 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Trying to share a video but I don’t know how. It counts a loop with every flip

I had my building registering a hit with every flip and turned out to be a faulty opto. I'm not sure if the loop is a switch or opto but that's what I would check.

#17177 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there something you're expecting in another code update? Game reached v1.0 which tends to indicate all main modes and rules are in the game that are going to be in it. And there's a lot in this game. My guess is any future updates will be tweaks, bug fixes, and adjustments if any further polish is needed for it.

The only thing I'm expecting is a mini mode or one of the wizard modes available from holding both flipper buttons. Only because most games are getting them but if they don't add one it's not a big deal they've given us a ton on godzilla.

#17202 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hi, Gang! I’m finally joining the Godzilla club, and my new premium should ship on Monday! So pumped to add this outstanding machine. My first new Stern since EHoH. I had a TMNT prem briefly, and it’s a good game, but I’m more an old school 90’s era guy.
One question, did anyone buy the clear acrylic saucer mod from Mezel and then upgrade to something else? Or not use it? I’d like to buy one. I’ll pay shipping and your purchase price plus a few bucks extra if you’d be willing. Thanks!

You're gonna kick yourself for not getting one sooner

#17316 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you for this pardon my ignorance I don’t understand step 1 switch hits ? What do you mean switch hits where are they ?
I’m about to download and study the rules

If it gives you points it's a switch hit,a good spinner rip can be 20+ switch hits.

#17407 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

After reading everything and seeing the pictures I see what you are saying ; I am going to check my GZ and check to see how big the gap is between the magnet and rail;
I’m not exactly dealing with a lot of rejects more like straight miss and rattles might have a look many thanks for clarifying ;
Here is a pic of mine before adjustment gap doesn’t look that bad tbh [quoted image]

That gap looks awful you can get an 1/8 inch more easy probably more it will make a huge difference. Literally takes 2 minutes.

#17454 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have had the city skyline acrylic designs available since the type 14 Flamin' Frames light kits first went on sale on January 6th. So, I'm not sure why you missed out on them when ordering in June.
As it is, I have those designs listed as "MAY DELAY ORDER" because at a couple of points I was running low on them and the last thing I wanted to do was to hold up someone's type 14 light kit order they had been waiting on to get more of the City Skyline designs in stock for their order. So, I have always made sure I had enough of the designs in stock to cover the ones that have been ordered with light kit orders. I have plenty in stock now and you have already oreded your light kits.....so it should be all systems go for you as far as getting the designs shipped ASAP.
I really hope people do not have the impression that anything other than my type 14 kits take much time at all to get shipped. All of my other 13 light kit types, as well as any accessories listed on my website as IN STOCK are shipping in 0 - 3 days of being ordered. It is only the type 14 kits (which take longer to make) that have the shipping delay.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I ordered some speaker plates on 1 order then later I ordered a power splitter and both items arrived within a couple days.

#17471 1 year ago

What a 1st natural ball(no extra balls) don't ask about the next 3 lol

20221211_011951 (resized).jpg20221211_011951 (resized).jpg
#17511 1 year ago

Deadpool theme to me is lame just like every superhero game but it's definitely one of my top 5 favorite games ever.

1 week later
#17703 1 year ago

I have my replay setting to extra ball. I have all 4 replays in use and set at 200k,400k,600k and 800k.its been set like this for close to a year and I've gotten an extra ball everytime I've reached the threshold.

1 week later
#17989 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Color version?

We have color

20221231_161253 (resized).jpg20221231_161253 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#18264 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Still haven't got the Congo skill shot to left outlane yet.

Its actually the left inlane,it's the outlane on imdn.

#18344 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Perhaps with telekinesis. I want to see video of someone doing this, in an arc. Is there any, does anyone know?

I hit it twice yesterday in competition

#18368 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stock extra ball set up 1 billion isn't very rough

You are a well above average player

1 week later
#18503 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I don’t understand how I see so many games for sale (especially Godzilla’s) with such little plays lol like people will have 52 or 20 or like anything under 200 for a machine had for years..
I just got my Godzilla premium and already at 750 lol that’s in a little over a month ;
Ebirah tonight 0 for 10
Still having fun.
I get my digital mini level in the mail by end of the week I’m getting crazy straight down the middle drains;
Does game generally drain down middle a ton?
It feels like constant in this game… anxious to see what the measurements are.
Excited to do some of my own adjustments for once thanks to the help of many here.

I find steeper the pitch more sdtm drains. I recently raised mine from 6.5 to 7.1 and I'm going to have to bring it down a little to reduce the sdtm drains.

1 week later
#18697 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230201_015246_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_015246_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_055102_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_055102_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#19156 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wow, it's not like you printed 100 of them and were selling them. Upset because you had 2 and offered to help out a couple pinsiders? That's kind of petty if you ask me.

Sad and petty

2 weeks later
#19618 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I have the Tilt Forums sheet, but it's confusing...was wondering how others get them. I can usually only get to 2x.

If you are talking about the rodan playfield multiplier it is only 2x

#19667 1 year ago

With all this breaking tesla tower talk I'm blaming you guys for jinxing me

20230318_161953 (resized).jpg20230318_161953 (resized).jpg
#19670 1 year ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Hmnn, I hate to see things broken when it comes to pins but it does look more "theme integrated" that way...if it can be propped like that it'd look cool, imho.

It looked pretty cool when it was leaning slightly before it fell totally over.

#19822 1 year ago

I wasn't having luck with the superglue I had on hand. I would recommend a quick setting kind if you go that route. I went with a clear zip tie and you can't notice it from player perspective unless you focus in on it and the just barely,you could always paint it grey if it bothers you.

20230323_195046 (resized).jpg20230323_195046 (resized).jpg20230323_195101 (resized).jpg20230323_195101 (resized).jpg20230323_195107 (resized).jpg20230323_195107 (resized).jpg
#19866 1 year ago

I played a GZ with some version of pinstadiums that had all these funky and uv type colors from it. It had to be the worst lighting I have ever seen on a modern game and looked absolutely terrible. It seemed all the seasoned players hated it but the casuals were drawn in like moths to a flame.

2 weeks later
#20214 1 year ago

If you like the Tokyo neon sign it's worth it imo. like others have said it's engineered unlike other mods. I passed on it since I just wasn't feeling the newness/undemolished look of it but I jumped in on the Lolly saucer and atomic breath kit and I'm probably going to get on the list for the new building he'll be starting soon.

1 month later
#20926 11 months ago

#20987 11 months ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Oh okay. So hit the scoop to change cities even though battle isn’t lit. I guess I didn’t do that. Thanks

The light on the sign won't be lit but the change city insert in front of the scoop will be

1 week later
#21150 10 months ago
Quoted from Willey:

In The Club Finally.
But one question the collapsing bridge how and where do I loosen it up to easily install playfield protector?

You won't find much love around here for playfield protectors

#21158 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would say 99% of owners do not have a playfield protector on their game.

I would think you are about right

1 week later
#21372 10 months ago

Anyone know where to see the reveal?

#21381 10 months ago

That was the reveal? Wtf

#21517 10 months ago

I can hear the distributors crying over all the lost money. I was all in and now I'm all out.

#21895 10 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Do you know what gets even more annoying and exhausting to be around? People complaining how toxic Pinside is....Just let it go. Why can't people just ignore the crap and use the site for what its good for? Move on. No one wants to constantly hear about it.

I'd rather hear people bitching about the topper and rightly so then some fan boy crying about people attacking a company for being greedy fucks.

1 week later
#22235 10 months ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

And so does the GZ topper modding begin… The Sleal16 Godzilla figure that I had in the game until I changed it for the Atomic Godzilla found a perfect spot in the topper. Even the screws to hold it line up perfectly with the topper holes. Love the projected shadow on my ceiling too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No offense but that actually looks way worse. The atomic breath just appears out of thin air? At least the Stern one came from his hand.

#22247 10 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

One could also argue that the tanks are so ridiculously large that Godzilla would be wiped out with one or two shells, so it would be more accurate to remove the cotton candy cloud and zip tie Godzilla so he's laying flat on his back.

As long as you're happy that's all that matters. I'm thinking about just building my own now that I decided I'm not buying the official one. I was thinking Hedorah with a fog(smog)machine implemented somehow.

#22287 10 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Stern charging that much (for that thing) and not even release the code for it after people waited 2,5 years is unbelievable. Can't everybody see which finger Stern is holding up to us customers?

The problem is most people don't have a spine anymore and are more than willing to sit on said finger

1 week later
#22703 9 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

The one thing holding me back from getting these is not knowing how bad they reflect off the glass during a game. I had to turn the back box light down 50% to reduce glare. The LCD screen hasn’t been that bad since it reflects on an area of the glass where the back of the playfield is well lit. These being in the same lower region as the LCD then maybe it’s not that bad. How has it been for you?

I play with the lights on so no glare for me. Next time I play I'll leave the lights off and report back.

#22726 9 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

The one thing holding me back from getting these is not knowing how bad they reflect off the glass during a game. I had to turn the back box light down 50% to reduce glare. The LCD screen hasn’t been that bad since it reflects on an area of the glass where the back of the playfield is well lit. These being in the same lower region as the LCD then maybe it’s not that bad. How has it been for you?

I found the speakers have no glare with the lights on or off. When playing in total darkness you can see the speaker lights shine under the glass way in the back on the buildings behind the Godzilla figure so it didn't affect my vision of the playfield at all.I have double astigmatism and glare really bothers me and most bright lights look like starburst to me.

20230625_181829 (resized).jpg20230625_181829 (resized).jpg
#22743 9 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

So how was Hedorah's Mom?

I can't remember,everything has been foggy since.

#22870 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I finally get it. Wow, what a game. I've played it several times on location and enjoyed it but...wow!! Going to enjoy this one for a long time.

You ain't seen nothing yet. This game is so deep but approachable,complex but easy to learn. It's as close to a perfect game as you can get imo.

#22914 9 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

I noticed that my upper flipper is triggering at a slightly deeper left button press than my lower left flipper, letting me flip the bottom flipper without flipping the upper.
Is this a common issue? I assume this could be fixed by me adjusting the leaf switches, but if I’m missing something, please let me know

Any modern game with 2 flippers on 1 side should behave like this. The top tournament players make great use of this to hit jackpots. It can also be used to keep the upper flipper out of the way leaving a shot open.

1 week later
#23209 9 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Except now you don't get to see the great colors of the playfield

Them neo atoms look like absolute shit. My friend has them and it makes the game unplayable.

#23288 9 months ago
Quoted from MasterOnion5:

So has the community opinion on the topper improved? I still think the figure and heat ray cloud are cheap looking (although learning our favorite designer also makes the toppers, not like Cary Hardy portrays, changes my opinion some), BUT the lighting effects seem to be way better than their roll out video.

I'd rather let my cat shit on the top of my backbox than Stern.

1 month later
#24152 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Obviously not! The Stern topper is awesome. I would wait for the next Stern topper.

The extra mode is awesome but not impressed with the look. Even more unimpressed with the looks and price of this non licensed one.

3 weeks later
#24441 6 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Multiple balls collecting in the shooter lane is usually caused by a bad opto in the trough. Maybe reseat the connector

I would say more often it's magnetized balls

#24477 6 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Ahh, yes, steal copyright material and sell it for personal profit on multiple pages. Pinside open for crimes nowadays?

Oh the humanity lmao. Stern rapes us at every turn and you're worried about their profits? Gtfo

3 weeks later
#24725 5 months ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Has anyone heard of a new update?

Yeah we all have we've just been keeping it from you

1 week later
#24906 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Isn’t hitting the revive spinner supposed to change the next song selection for a mode is not doing it for me;
Do you just have to hit the spinner wants to change the song mode or you have to complete revive?

I think you are lost

2 weeks later
#25157 4 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Easy fix. $6 and 10 minutes to solder the two wires and unscrew/rescrew it.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=500-9935-04

You underestimate my lack of soldering skills

#25161 4 months ago

I can get the solder job done but it seriously takes me like 30 minutes to solder a couple wires. I seem to be a little better at soldering on a board.

#25352 4 months ago
Quoted from Matsurigatzu:

After a game is over, sometimes I hear a loud baseball bat noise. Cannot tell if it’s from the speakers or inside the game. Anyone else have that?

Did you match?

#25392 4 months ago
Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

Hi all, just got my Godzilla premium in the house 1 hour ago
I realized that the left flipper button has some sort of "step" to it. If I press it not all the way down, only the bottom flipper is activated. And I can feel a slight more resistance to press it all the way down to make the upper flipper activate. Is this expected? I don't remember how it feels in the arcade.

Yes that's normal. There are 2 staged switches on the left side. The better players can use this to do what they call stage flipping so they can cradle the ball on the left and also lower the upper flipper to open up the left lane or take shot with upper flipper without using the bottom flipper.

1 week later
#25521 4 months ago
Quoted from french1canadian2:

Has anyone heard anything regarding Stern toppers? I have been seeing them popping up around the internet. Some pinball shops have them in stock. Hoping they ship soon!

Flip n Out was shipping last week

2 weeks later
#26001 3 months ago
Quoted from Big_C_70092:

Any tips on hitting the scoop on a more regular basis? I have to shoot super late off the left bottom flipper or super late on the upper left flipper.

Shoot super late from the bottom left flipper

#26010 3 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Shoot super late from the bottom left flipper

I should add I try and clip the ufo and bounce it in most of the time. Those ufo hits add up to nice awards.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lube that shit!

Just a half drop of 3 in 1 oil on each side has my center spinner finishing off Ebirah's shot with one good rip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.