IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 549.
#24701 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Funny how one little thing can change the course of a game or evening for that matter. I put up a couple of horrible <50M games, drain the first ball on the next game <1M, starting to "feel my head is just not in it, this will be the last game for tonight". One massive double danger save from STDM later, my head is certainly in it! 1.8B and 35 minutes later I walk away content. LOVE this game!

Totally been there done that. I have to say this game always beckons. Really loving this pin.

#24702 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Reiterating this is pretty normal. The shot can't be a full strength blast - it will just hit the scoop guard and pop out. As was noted, some people have tried the old Pinbits style deadening foam. Not sure where to get that these days.

Quoted from maxharvard:

Hey all, had my GZ for a few months now and noticing that the Kaiju battle VUK rejects the ball a lot and takes a very, very precise shot to even kind of want to go in. For example, it will hit a direct shot, slap the back of the guard and pop out.
Is this normal or do I just suck?

If you want to deaden the bounce outs this stuff works great! You should be able to find it on Amazon. I do find the backhand method awesome1 mentioned is my favorite way to hit the GZ scoop.

#24703 6 months ago

Hey all. I was able to do a switch test tonight and it looks like I got a bad switch or at least it does not register when I do the test. How can I tell which switch to buy? Is there a part number listed somewhere. I'm hoping to source it l,ocally so I can get back to playing, but if not where is the best online retailer to get this part from?

Thanks all.

Quoted from Mleiter:

I am still having problems with the scoop shot switch on my God Pro. I am very new to pinball, this is my first machine and I have had it only a few weeks.
I had a chance to mess with my machine last night. I have been dealing with a scoop shot switch that seems to intermittedly stop working. It's so maddening. When I first boot up the machine it works, but after a few minutes it stops working. Last night i pulled off the glass and raised the playfield to take a closer look. Manually putting in a ball does nothing until the auto find feature kicks in. I then put my finger down into the scoop and pressed the switch tab manually and there was no response from the machine. But I could hear the switch clicking. I then looked under the playfield. I was not able to see anything loose and there were no loose wires that I could find.
What would be the next step to figure out what is going on?
Thanks all for any help you can give.

#24704 6 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Hey all. I was able to do a switch test tonight and it looks like I got a bad switch or at least it does not register when I do the test. How can I tell which switch to buy? Is there a part number listed somewhere. I'm hoping to source it l,ocally so I can get back to playing, but if not where is the best online retailer to get this part from?
Thanks all.

If I recall, you are talking the scoop by the pop bumper (right???)

Check out your manual. There is a listing of every switch starting on page 14 (all models)

If it is the scoop, that part number is: 180-5209-00

That is something you can pick up at Marco pinball (or no doubt other pinball part suppliers). I think your best bet is to look to one of these outlets.

Anyway, check out:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5209-00

#24705 6 months ago

Yup that's the one. I was actually able to locate the PN in the manual, but thanks for confirming for me. I'll order it online if I have too, but I'm gonna see if my local distributor has them first. I hate not playing my pin, especially since I just bought the darn thing a month ago.

Quoted from zahner:

If I recall, you are talking the scoop by the pop bumper (right???)
Check out your manual. There is a listing of every switch starting on page 14 (all models)
If it is the scoop, that part number is: 180-5209-00
That is something you can pick up at Marco pinball (or no doubt other pinball part suppliers). I think your best bet is to look to one of these outlets.
Anyway, check out:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5209-00

#24706 6 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Yup that's the one. I was actually able to locate the PN in the manual, but thanks for confirming for me. I'll order it online if I have too, but I'm gonna see if my local distributor has them first. I hate not playing my pin, especially since I just bought the darn thing a month ago.

Excellent. Since you seem to have easy access to your distributor, you might also see if they will service it under warranty. Still could just be an adjustment. I hate adjusting micro switch arms. Give me a leaf switch any day. At least they could probably show you how to adjust it and/or replace it.

#24707 6 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You can always backhand the scoop from the right flipper... sometimes it's easier for me to make the shot that way.

Wow that is very impressive never seen that done before with such control …. Very well done.

The only way I can hit that scoop with the right flipper is a lucky shot in motion I had no idea you could control it very well like you showed…

#24708 6 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

If you haven’t already, check to make sure the wiring to the switch is good. Your switch issue could be due to the switch going bad or due to a wire leading to the switch breaking. I had a wire break on my scoop switch once. Easy fix though.

Those micro switches don’t usually go bad so early in life so it’s worth at least checking the wires to make sure you’re addressing the true cause of the issue.

#24709 6 months ago

Has anyone heard of a new update?

#24710 6 months ago

Finally finished the Bridge design, with Godzilla so close no bridge be pristine and with Atomic King Ghidorah coming to the battlefield, I mean playfield soon, we needed a bridge that has been through a few Kaiju battles.

I also wanted to complete the Kaiju battle damage aesthetic that Davey started with his awesome Noodle Bar mod and bring that level of detail to the bridge, Drake/Toho building to fully completed that world under glass.

Atomic Battle Bridge, suspended car on the left, train carriage that’s crashed out the lower levels of the bridges right side, using the power of Stumblor, the aim is to have the bridge light up at rest, have a triggered explosion pattern and a fire/burn pattern all integrated into actions within the game.

Beginning the test fitting this week.

E67E0621-86F9-455A-892E-722EF51F2B7F (resized).pngE67E0621-86F9-455A-892E-722EF51F2B7F (resized).png

#24711 6 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

If you want to deaden the bounce outs this stuff works great! You should be able to find it on Amazon. I do find the backhand method awesome1 mentioned is my favorite way to hit the GZ scoop.

found it: https://www.amazon.com/Isolate-Sorbothane-Acoustic-Vibration-Damping/dp/B019GB21MS/ref=sr_1_3

#24712 6 months ago

See if they have the 70 Duro version.it is similar to flipper rubber hardness. I hope it works well for you.
(Edit, found a link)

Isolate It!: Sorbothane Acoustic and Vibration Thin Film Square (0.080 x 6 x 6") 70 Duro - 1 Sheet
https://a.co/d/fqgO2Fk

#24713 6 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

See if they have the 70 Duro version.it is similar to flipper rubber hardness. I hope it works well for you.
(Edit, found a link)
Isolate It!: Sorbothane Acoustic and Vibration Thin Film Square (0.080 x 6 x 6") 70 Duro - 1 Sheet
https://a.co/d/fqgO2Fk

Great, appreciate that!

#24714 6 months ago

This might look good hanging next to my GZ.

IMG_3594 (resized).jpegIMG_3594 (resized).jpeg

#24715 6 months ago

So I’ve had my Godzilla premium for a year and I’ve just been randomly flipping it and now I’m getting into the rules and wow, this game is so awesome. It was boring to me at first, but now, after learning the rules and playing in a smart fashion actually knowing what’s going on makes a game changer for the game. Has anyone ever accidentally backhanded the left ramp is that even possible I b backhanded the right Ramp many times

#24716 6 months ago

Finally made it to Planet X the "right" way by progressing through all four cities and playing all seven main battles before going to Planet X.
Got this game NIB 18 months ago.
Over 2200 attempts.

Now I gotta get back there, but next time only after completing all carnage bonuses in each city.
Hope it doesn't take another 2000 attempts. But even if it does,
Damn good fun every game!

GZ GC 10-23-23 (resized).jpegGZ GC 10-23-23 (resized).jpeg
#24717 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Finally finished the Bridge design, with Godzilla so close no bridge be pristine and with Atomic King Ghidorah coming to the battlefield, I mean playfield soon, we needed a bridge that has been through a few Kaiju battles.
I also wanted to complete the Kaiju battle damage aesthetic that Davey started with his awesome Noodle Bar mod and bring that level of detail to the bridge, Drake/Toho building to fully completed that world under glass.
Atomic Battle Bridge, suspended car on the left, train carriage that’s crashed out the lower levels of the bridges right side, using the power of Stumblor, the aim is to have the bridge light up at rest, have a triggered explosion pattern and a fire/burn pattern all integrated into actions within the game.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait to see it!

#24718 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Any thoughts about making a version that could work on a pro?

#24719 6 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

Any thoughts about making a version that could work on a pro?

I did think about making a pro version that could shake with a coil (it’s possible) but I don’t think the effort required would pay off in the long run, it would be fairly pricey to include everything needed to make it work and it would likely need a couple of pilot holes in the playfield which not everyone is keen on doing when it comes to a mod.

A single piece design like all the other pro bridges on offer is definitely possible with all the lighting effects included. Or the dual design for the prem/le with a pro mount so the bridge could be mounted to look broken/partially collapsed could be cool and easily doable.

Just working on an ultimate battle damaged version of the DRAKE/TOHO building to go with the bridge and Atomic King Ghidorah to go with the amazing Atomic Godzilla from Jazzbouche

#24720 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I did think about making a pro version that could shake with a coil (it’s possible) but I don’t think the effort required would pay off in the long run, it would be fairly pricey to include everything needed to make it work and it would likely need a couple of pilot holes in the playfield which not everyone is keen on doing when it comes to a mod.
A single piece design like all the other pro bridges on offer is definitely possible with all the lighting effects included. Or the dual design for the prem/le with a pro mount so the bridge could be mounted to look broken/partially collapsed could be cool and easily doable.
Just working on an ultimate battle damaged version of the DRAKE/TOHO building to go with the bridge and Atomic King Ghidorah to go with the amazing Atomic Godzilla from Jazzbouche

The first version sounds like an interesting idea, but your conclusion re cost and altering the playfield make total sense.
If you were to produce what you go on to describe, that would be wonderful and I suspect quite popular. Eager to hear more.

#24721 6 months ago
Quoted from BFaster:

Finally made it to Planet X the "right" way by progressing through all four cities and playing all seven main battles before going to Planet X.
Got this game NIB 18 months ago.
Over 2200 attempts.
Now I gotta get back there, but next time only after completing all carnage bonuses in each city.
Hope it doesn't take another 2000 attempts. But even if it does,
Damn good fun every game!
[quoted image]

Your 4.6B puts you in the top 20 scores. #1 is 32 billion, somehow. My best is still just 1B. But I don’t know the rules well.

#24722 6 months ago

How do you access stern insider leaderboards I logged in and couldn’t find it anywhere ???

#24723 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How do you access stern insider leaderboards I logged in and couldn’t find it anywhere ???

I think he is talking about the Pinside leader boards: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/godzilla-premium/scores

Stern Insider leader boards are for some stupid reason reserved for operators only, not for home user. Furthermore no local, regional, global boards are available. I think Stern dropped the ball on some real value added to the Insider platform here! The only reason I can think of is Stern wanting to keep back-end and support of this to a minimum.

#24724 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah, I was speaking of the GZ leaderboard here. I think 4.6B puts you around 17-18 high on the premium board. Not sure which trim level is yours. But it’s a great score. I assumed it was near the top 5, but you need like 12B for that. The top score is over 30B. I can’t imagine a score like that. It must have taken an hour or more?

#24725 6 months ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Yeah we all have we've just been keeping it from you

#24726 6 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

I think he is talking about the Pinside leader boards: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/godzilla-premium/scores
Stern Insider leader boards are for some stupid reason reserved for operators only, not for home user. Furthermore no local, regional, global boards are available. I think Stern dropped the ball on some real value added to the Insider platform here! The only reason I can think of is Stern wanting to keep back-end and support of this to a minimum.

Actually I was talking about the stern insider connected leaderboards I’m an operator; can’t find them anywhere when I logged in and saw their instructions ; but are those just based on the location of the operator and not global correct ?

#24727 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Actually I was talking about the stern insider connected leaderboards I’m an operator; can’t find them anywhere when I logged in and saw their instructions ; but are those just based on the location of the operator and not global correct ?

Found under insider connected on the stern website: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf

#24728 6 months ago

Now please let us home owners use the same thing to set up local leaderboards and local tourneys. :fingers_crossed: It comes with the Insider App coming out soon?

#24729 6 months ago

Yeah, I saw that PDF and tried to set it up but under locations doesn’t show up so I must have my games registered as home use or something I don’t know… oh well, not a big deal

I literally spent an hour trying to figure it out using that guide ;

#24730 6 months ago

Question - just noticed my insert lamps appear to reset during game play. They all flash in a clockwise patter every 5 seconds. Anyone have this issue before I call tech?

#24731 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Question - just noticed my insert lamps appear to reset during game play. They all flash in a clockwise patter every 5 seconds. Anyone have this issue before I call tech?

You likely have a loose connector on node board 8 or 9. Is it all the inserts or just a group of them? It also could be a loose connector on one of the big led boards under the playfield. I’d unplug and reseat them. Page 11 in the manual provides a rendering of where the boards are located as well as a table showing what each board controls. That diagram also shows the connections to the cabinet node board and cpu so maybe reseat those connectors too.

#24732 5 months ago

Joined the Godzilla owners club today (my first pin).

My balls consistently ramp up into the wire form ramp return when I hit the mechagodzilla spinner. Any suggestions?

#24733 5 months ago
Quoted from MajMalfunction:

My balls consistently ramp up into the wire form ramp return when I hit the mechagodzilla spinner. Any suggestions?

Lower the left flipper strength a bit in the settings menu.

#24734 5 months ago
Quoted from MajMalfunction:

And adjust the left hand guide. Slacken the two screws and move the left hand top slightly clockwise so the ball hits the magnet more square on. Documented several times elsewhere in this thread.

Skippy2904

#24735 5 months ago

Can someone explain to me how Tesla strike works? So the Tesla targets will rotate and you have to hit the one lit to count for Tesla strike to start via center spinner ?

Also I’m having big issues hitting that Tesla target by the right ramp it’s only hitable via upper left flipper right? Any tips on getting better at this shop I’ll either hit the loops or go halfway up the right ramp …

Do you actively go for Tesla or just play the game and if it happens It happens ?

Thank you

#24736 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone explain to me how Tesla strike works? So the Tesla targets will rotate and you have to hit the one lit to count for Tesla strike to start via center spinner ?

TiltForums is great for any rule questions: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--power

"To activate Tesla Strike, all 3 Powerline targets must be completed twice (+1 per activation). This will start Powerline Attack and cause a single Powerline target insert to rove between targets. Shoot the flashing target 5 times +2 per activation for 500,000 points each, with the final shot starting Tesla Strike.

Tesla Strike is an untimed mode that revolves around shooting the center spinner to light the major shots. Shoot the center spinner to increase the Tesla Value, which starts at 2M (+2M per Tesla Strike started), by 100K points per spin. Then, shoot any of the blue flashing shots to collect the Tesla Value. The amount the spinner builds the Tesla Value also increases by 100k per spin after each Tesla Value collect; however, only one rip of the center spinner is allowed before you must collect a unique blue shot to relight it. Repeat this process 5 times, making 5 unique shots, to win the mode.

After Tesla Strike ends, Power Annihilation Bonus lights for a base of 2% of the points scored during the mode. This can be collected at the strobing Powerline target, which moves from left to right with each collect."

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Also I’m having big issues hitting that Tesla target by the right ramp it’s only hitable via upper left flipper right? Any tips on getting better at this shop I’ll either hit the loops or go halfway up the right ramp …

I typically shoot the spinner and then hit it from the upper flipper.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Do you actively go for Tesla or just play the game and if it happens It happens ?

I don't seek it out for points, but will actively go for it if I'm trying to get the shortcut to PlanetX. That said, it usually just ends up starting without me focusing on it.

#24737 5 months ago

I’ve been working on a topper for Godzilla for some time now. I’ve managed to put together a design that I think looks pretty awesome but it though to manufacture. It takes about 6 try’s to get one that is 100% defect free. Don’t get me wrong, even the “seconds” are beautiful and I would 100% put one on my game. However, since they are not perfect, I am offering them at a discount. If anyone is interested, I have listed each one separately with varying pricing in my pinside store. Check it out if you’re interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1477-slipstream-mod-shop/by-game/2988-godzilla-limited-edition

IMG_2917 (resized).jpegIMG_2917 (resized).jpegIMG_2920 (resized).jpegIMG_2920 (resized).jpegIMG_2932 (resized).jpegIMG_2932 (resized).jpeg
#24738 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You likely have a loose connector on node board 8 or 9. Is it all the inserts or just a group of them? It also could be a loose connector on one of the big led boards under the playfield. I’d unplug and reseat them. Page 11 in the manual provides a rendering of where the boards are located as well as a table showing what each board controls. That diagram also shows the connections to the cabinet node board and cpu so maybe reseat those connectors too.

Thanks! Thats what I thought but even after reseating everything, its still an issue. I have a ticket in with stern.

#24739 5 months ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’ve been working on a topper for Godzilla for some time now. I’ve managed to put together a design that I think looks pretty awesome but it though to manufacture. It takes about 6 try’s to get one that is 100% defect free. Don’t get me wrong, even the “seconds” are beautiful and I would 100% put one on my game. However, since they are not perfect, I am offering them at a discount. If anyone is interested, I have listed each one separately with varying pricing in my pinside store. Check it out if you’re interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1477-slipstream-mod-shop/by-game/2988-godzilla-limited-edition
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look great! Well done.

#24740 5 months ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

And adjust the left hand guide. Slacken the two screws and move the left hand top slightly clockwise so the ball hits the magnet more square on. Documented several times elsewhere in this thread.
Skippy2904

Please be more specific, I tried to search for more info but come up empty. What exactly gets adjusted? From what perspective, standing facing the machine??

#24741 5 months ago

Anyone else ever have to the scoop piece break off of the support bracket? Looks like I have to replace the entire assembly.

#24742 5 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Please be more specific, I tried to search for more info but come up empty. What exactly gets adjusted? From what perspective, standing facing the machine??

On the small ramp that leads up to the mechgodzilla spinner, there is a metal guide on the left that can be adjusted so that it points a little more towards the right side. Making that adjustment would cut down on the airballs a bit. You'll probably still have some, but just not as often. The metal guide is just below the plastic.

#24743 5 months ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Rampage bug has been in a while, would like a tiny update just to fix that!

#24744 5 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

On the small ramp that leads up to the mechgodzilla spinner, there is a metal guide on the left that can be adjusted so that it points a little more towards the right side. Making that adjustment would cut down on the airballs a bit. You'll probably still have some, but just not as often. The metal guide is just below the plastic.

Do you mean this side plate but on the opposite side? Thanks in advance!

2023-10-31_15-23-59 (resized).jpg2023-10-31_15-23-59 (resized).jpg
#24745 5 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Do you mean this side plate but on the opposite side? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

No, it's the one under plastic -61 on the other side. If you look closely at it, there is a slight bend to it, with the bend curving towards Mechgodzilla. You can adjust that metal piece so that the curve is more pronounced (if that makes sense) by loosening the screws holding that side together. If you remove the plastic piece above it, it's easier to see.

tempsnip (resized).pngtempsnip (resized).png
#24746 5 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

No, it's the one under plastic -61 on the other side. If you look closely at it, there is a slight bend to it, with the bend curving towards Mechgodzilla. You can adjust that metal piece so that the curve is more pronounced (if that makes sense) by loosening the screws holding that side together. If you remove the plastic piece above it, it's easier to see.
[quoted image]

Great explanation! thank you kind Sir!!

#24747 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you

You can hit the Tesla target by the right ramp from the bottom left flipper. It is a tight shot but it is doable.

#24748 5 months ago
Quoted from Knackers:

You can hit the Tesla target by the right ramp from the bottom left flipper. It is a tight shot but it is doable.

Oh really ? Wow did not know that thanks for the heads up

#24749 5 months ago

I never actively try to start Tesla mode. It usually just happens, often during multiball where I seem to get the most out of the mode.

#24750 5 months ago

Hi everybody,

Just a reminder for all the mods (9 in total) we are selling for this machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/by-game/2986-godzilla-pro

Have a nice day !

Lionel from Pino Pinball Mods

IMG_2509 (resized).jpegIMG_2509 (resized).jpegIMG_4218 (resized).jpegIMG_4218 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/495 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.