Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 548.
#19001 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I imagine some guys have a hard time playing pinball all night with work, family, life, etc. I know I can't play every night and when I do it's only a few games. I don't remember the last time I played some of my other games.

I bought used with ~500 plays. Seller was in need of cash and it was the easiest game he had to sell and worth the most.

There will always be a ton of GZs around so you can always get another down the road.

#19002 1 year ago

Everyone is in different situations and has different tastes. Some need money, some need room, some just like rotating games frequently. There are a LOT of Godzillas made so that contributes too, but it's not because of anything bad about the game. If someone has to sell, let their loss be your gain

#19003 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Everyone is in different situations and has different tastes. Some need money, some need room, some just like rotating games frequently. There are a LOT of Godzillas made so that contributes too, but it's not because of anything bad about the game. If someone has to sell, let their loss be your gain

Exactly. Guy who sold me mine loved it and said he may buy back down the road but needed cash now.

I know people who have bought the same game 2-3 times.

#19004 1 year ago

Here's a new place (for me) to get a ball stuck. Had to slide the glass down to get it. The building went up for destruction jackpot and after was going back down for GZ multiball and I shot the ramp.. oops.

20230216_233239 (resized).jpg20230216_233239 (resized).jpg
#19005 1 year ago
Quoted from rikity:

Here's a new place (for me) to get a ball stuck. Had to slide the glass down to get it. The building went up for destruction jackpot and after was going back down for GZ multiball and I shot the ramp.. oops.
[quoted image]

It happens. Should be the ultra super secret crazy skill shot! it's happened to me once in a year of ownership and daily play.

#19006 1 year ago

Godzilla is a good game. I dont care about the theme but I bought it and yea it is a good game.
Is it a keeper? Probably not for me.
Code is too long. I am not always in the mood of fighting dinos for 45 min before I see the light at the end of code
Lately, I have been more interested in short ball times so I go towards those games.
Less is more sometimes.
Last night I started a GZ game and I shut the game off on ball 2.
To me the perfect code balance is in Iron Maiden, not too shallow, not too deep.
Gz has a lot of stop and go too, lots of scoop lots of magna grab.
It is a good game, I will still hang on to it but only until something else I want more comes along.
Not a keeper for me.

#19007 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Not a keeper for me

I also think the size of your collection determines this. I search for games that have great unique layouts. Most of Elwins games would get stale quick in a small lineup. Elwin games are very unique. He manages to capture every square inch of playfields with unique shots and winding ramps(loopty loops I call it). For some this feels like chopping wood and gets stale quick. For some they like the challenge of trying to progress further and further over time and finding different scoring techniques. Reminds me of why I will never get tired of my STTNG(Final Frontier never gets old). Elwin games are also typically more on the difficult side. People get discouraged by not being able to progress very much. I recommend making adjustments to make it more enjoyable. No shame in setting the machine to 5 ball in order to progress significantly. No shame in closing outlanes more. I like simple games as well and have a good mix of them to balance everything. My favorite part of Godzilla table is the magna grab-never can have too much magna.

#19008 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd just like to take a moment to say this is one of the best games EVER....nothing more.

Wow! Great score. That is more than 10 times my highest score

#19009 1 year ago

I am not always in the mood of fighting dinos for 45 min before I see the light at the end of code

Quoted from pinmister:

I also think the size of your collection determines this.

This is the most important answer in pinball for me. Even in a small collection of 3 games, you need to have different types of games. If they are all long playing games, you won't ever be able to just scratch the itch of a quick game. But combine a long playing quest with a quick brutal game, then toss in a medium or classic game, and you have all the best of pinball at your disposal.

#19010 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is the most important answer in pinball for me. Even in a small collection of 3 games, you need to have different types of games. If they are all long playing games, you won't ever be able to just scratch the itch of a quick game. But combine a long playing quest with a quick brutal game, then toss in a medium or classic game, and you have all the best of pinball at your disposal.

Yeah this is it for me.
Have JP and GZ and are currently my least played games. I have seen most of the code on both, and I am not a world class champ but play quite well.
That said, if I am tired or else, I just rather play something else, quick and get going haha

#19011 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This post is exactly why I bought a P3 - you have to have some variety. Do I want to play a long quest type game? Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Do I want a mid-length game with traditional pinball modes/rules and some badass mechs? Heist, or Weird Al. Quick brutal game? Ranger in the Ruins. Want to scratch the Slugfest pitch and bat itch? Grand Slam Rally.

These match perfectly with Godzilla which can go pretty long if you’re having a good day.

#19012 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have GZ but also a Gorgar. The Gorgar is great for chill, non-committal games. The only other game I want is TNA. I feel like that would give me 3 very different games and I truly believe I'd be done and happy.

#19013 1 year ago

I am not always in the mood of fighting dinos for 45 min before I see the light at the end of code
Lately, I have been more interested in short ball times so I go towards those games.

I think I said it in another thread but for us, GZ and Bond make a great pair for exactly this reason. Bond will likely get longer as the code gets deeper, but for now it's a relatively short game (compared to GZ) and as a result, a great pair-up for modern Stern stuff. I can see where Iron Maiden would be a really good one to have alongside GZ as well, I'll have to try to get into the early summer batch for an IMDN Prem. Love that game too.

#19014 1 year ago

So here's a question I often think about. Would you still buy/like Godzilla, or any pinball machine, if there was NO theme. Imagine just a machine number, playflield all black and white. Just numbers for scoring. But the playfield is the same. The code the same (as it could be).

I've said many times I want to play every machine. EVEN KISS. I hate the band. But I wonder if the Kiss machines that have come out I would like if it had no theme.

I say this because Stern and others have said in books, etc. that they have changed machines and themes. So what if Godzilla were the exact same but had a Kiss theme? So, because I can't stand to think of Kiss, I imagine all games as black and white.

Thoughts?

#19015 1 year ago

I have no idea what happened in this game. First ball was short. Fought a monster and played Building Multi-ball. Score was 7.5 Billion after that ball. First pic is after that first ball and remaining are the bonuses at the end of the game. The math does not even add up. Final score was not even 8 Billion. Overall it was a normal game that took 5-10 minutes and would normally score 1-200 Million. Anyone see this before?

IMG_2623 (resized).jpgIMG_2623 (resized).jpgIMG_2629 (resized).jpgIMG_2629 (resized).jpgIMG_2626 (resized).jpgIMG_2626 (resized).jpgIMG_2625 (resized).jpgIMG_2625 (resized).jpgIMG_2627 (resized).jpgIMG_2627 (resized).jpgIMG_2628 (resized).jpgIMG_2628 (resized).jpg
#19016 1 year ago

Seems like the loop switch kept firing or something when it shouldn't be.

I would have cut the game off mid-game so it wouldn't taint the leaderboards on mine.

#19017 1 year ago

Most definitely a stuck switch……..

#19018 1 year ago

Dang KEN. you’re good at hitting the loop.

#19019 1 year ago
Quoted from rikity:

[quoted image]

The plastic behind the ball is too far up. I changed the lower Hex spacer of this plastic to a smaller one and the balls won't get trapped anymore.

#19020 1 year ago

Godzilla is a good game. I dont care about the theme but I bought it and yea it is a good game.
Is it a keeper? Probably not for me.
Code is too long. I am not always in the mood of fighting dinos for 45 min before I see the light at the end of code
Less is more sometimes.
Last night I started a GZ game and I shut the game off on ball 2.
To me the perfect code balance is in Iron Maiden, not too shallow, not too deep.
Gz has a lot of stop and go too, lots of scoop lots of magna grab.
It is a good game, I will still hang on to it but only until something else I want more comes along.
Not a keeper for me.

I suck at pinball but GZ are my longer games for sure. I'm more than ok with that though as my other games are much shorter.

My GZ is staying for a long time.

#19021 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I suck at pinball but GZ are my longer games for sure. I'm more than ok with that though as my other games are much shorter.
My GZ is staying for a long time.

Yep, GZ is a keeper here, too. That and Wonka, which is my current favorite.

#19022 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Most of Elwins games would get stale quick in a small lineup. .

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/559/963/385.gif

Bold move (resized).pngBold move (resized).png
#19023 1 year ago

Hi, my center spinner started to not work correctly , not all the spins are validated, normally i would need to make around 5 times to validate Ebira, now not even with 10 shots on it it validates all the spins needed, it validates around 3 spins each times i pass there.
What i need to do to make it working correctly? I imagine is the contact is not touching correctly

#19024 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Hi, my center spinner started to not work correctly , not all the spins are validated, normally i would need to make around 5 times to validate Ebira, now not even with 10 shots on it it validates all the spins needed, it validates around 3 spins each times i pass there.
What i need to do to make it working correctly? I imagine is the contact is not touching correctly

just need to get a closer look. go into switch test and manually rotate the spinner.
It is reading every turn? if not,

Is it a mechanical adjustment?
Is the switch dead?

there are only 2 alternatives, either something came loose and out of adjustment or the switch is not working properly.
If the switch is bad, it could be the actual switch OR maybe one of the wires is not making contact properly.

I suspect a mechanical failure, just inspect it and it should be self-explanatory at that point.

#19025 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

If you needed 5 shots to get the spins for ebirah definitely something wrong even before now. Check in switch test and throw a small bit of lube on those spinner arms. It should be one really good rip maybe 2.

#19026 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

If you needed 5 shots to get the spins for ebirah definitely something wrong even before now. Check in switch test and throw a small bit of lube on those spinner arms. It should be one really good rip maybe 2.

the spin spin normally, its the captor that doesn't detect that he turns i think, i think the wires are not making contact, i will unscrew some of the things around so i can go to the switch and try to repair
Thanks

#19027 1 year ago

I've got 6 pins. Godzilla is good for when I want a long strategic game. TMNT when I want to be slapped around for a short while. Other games fall in between and I've tried to have a variety of different designers and layouts.

#19028 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I've said many times I want to play every machine. EVEN KISS. I hate the band. But I wonder if the Kiss machines that have come out I would like if it had no theme.

For me Theme is huge. Theme makes a pinball the whole package without a good theme most machines would rate 5-7 out of 10. What makes a game a 9-10 well that is theme that rounds the entire package. Some people do not care about theme but I do. I have a few games where the layout is so good theme took a backseat and those are Barbwire, Godzilla and Iron Maiden. I really do not like Iron Maiden music but the layout is just amaze balls and I got tired of hoping for a retheme from Stern. KISS is a fun game but really a typical fan layout-you really have to like KISS for that one.

#19029 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For me Theme is huge. Theme makes a pinball the whole package without a good theme most machines would rate 5-7 out of 10. What makes a game a 9-10 well that is theme that rounds the entire package. Some people do not care about theme but I do. I have a few games where the layout is so good theme took a backseat and those are Barbwire, Godzilla and Iron Maiden. I really do not like Iron Maiden music but the layout is just amaze balls and I got tired of hoping for a retheme from Stern. KISS is a fun game but really a typically fan layout-you really have to like KISS for that one.

I wonder if the fan layout (or others) lends itself to more generic themes.

#19030 1 year ago

Morning project complete. Looks so good with art blades!

20230220_110452 (resized).jpg20230220_110452 (resized).jpg20230220_113025 (resized).jpg20230220_113025 (resized).jpg20230220_113030 (resized).jpg20230220_113030 (resized).jpg
#19031 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Morning project complete. Looks so good with art blades!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That first picture gives me anxiety lol

I’m guessing it’s wedged but still

#19032 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

That first picture gives me anxiety lol
I’m guessing it’s wedged but still

LOL it's leaning nicely. I've done it a few times before, all good.

#19033 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

LOL it leaning nicely. I've done it a few times before, all good.

I still put a bungee when I have fields up, gnr was a 50/50 bias when up. I think the door opening would of knocked it down. Of course, I always forget to take it off when lowering

#19034 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I still put a bungee when I have fields up, gnr was a 50/50 bias when up. I think the door opening would have knocked it down. Of course, I always forget to take it off when lowering

I used rope last time I did art blades.

11C43F74-97F7-4106-BE66-2583C9317EE7 (resized).jpeg11C43F74-97F7-4106-BE66-2583C9317EE7 (resized).jpeg
#19035 1 year ago

#19036 1 year ago

Added a Pinwoofer CDU plate to my Godzilla, so I could have a headphone Jack at the coin door. Works great. Has the added bonus of allowing me to access coin door buttons and volume without having to open the door.

20230220_131519 (resized).jpg20230220_131519 (resized).jpg

#19038 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Added a Pinwoofer CDU plate to my Godzilla, so I could have a headphone Jack at the coin door. Works great. Has the added bonus of allowing me to access coin door buttons and volume without having to open the door.
[quoted image]

Just got done adding to GZ and Rush. Pretty cool idea, easy install too

#19039 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

[quoted image]

Cool. What did you replace the key lock with?

#19040 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Cool. What did you replace the key lock with?

I replace all my locks with these keyless locks.
https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

#19041 1 year ago

Hello everyone,

I saw that some people work miracles with Pinball-Browser. Do you know anyone who has worked on the Godzilla code and comes up with a cool alternative?

#19042 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

and my attachment for raising the playfield:
[quoted image]

I have Pinstadiums in a few of my pins and also was looking for a solution for lifting the playfield, so I invented these! Stadium Seats! - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-mikes-3d-things/06803-stadium-seats-pinstadium-assist

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

And my new Godzilla Premium from Jason Grindle at Classic Game Rooms should be coming this week!!

#19043 1 year ago

Scheduled to arrive today... beyond excited!

#19044 1 year ago

Anyone considering selling a Premium in the Union County NJ area? PM me.

#19045 1 year ago

Can you download the new code via thumbdrive if your connected to insider connected? I signed up for insider connected but can't download the code via Wi-Fi. I downloaded the the code off Stern's website on to a flashdrive, but it doesn't automatically download. When I had IMDN i would just put the flashdrive in the USB and it would automatically download. WTF am I doing wrong here?

#19046 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Can you download the new code via thumbdrive if your connected to insider connected? I signed up for insider connected but can't download the code via Wi-Fi. I downloaded the the code off Stern's website on to a flashdrive, but it doesn't automatically download. When I had IMDN i would just put the flashdrive in the USB and it would automatically download. WTF am I doing wrong here?

Are the files zipped? Think you need to unzip files. You can also try a different flashdrive. I've heard games can be picky with type of flashdrive.

#19047 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I have Pinstadiums in a few of my pins and also was looking for a solution for lifting the playfield, so I invented these! Stadium Seats! - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-mikes-3d-things/06803-stadium-seats-pinstadium-assist
[quoted image]

Wow, these should be included with Pinstadiums. You should license this to them.

#19048 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are the files zipped? Think you need to unzip files. You can also try a different flashdrive. I've heard games can be picky with type of flashdrive.

Files are zipped yes. Never had such a problem with a code update. My 1st pin with insider connected so I'm not sure what the deal is

#19049 1 year ago

Definitely need to un-zip the files

#19050 1 year ago

Definitely need to un-zip the files</
Fairly sure there zipped. How do you unzip them? I'm NOT a computer guy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/381?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.