PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7700 2 years ago

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium? With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

#7706 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium? With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

Appreciate all the input guys and your opinions. Biggest issue too right now is availability and $$$$.

#7749 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

FINALLY pulled the trigger and ordered a Pro. Won't see it til summer, but it will be well worth the wait. I was born in '68, so I grew up watching Godzilla on the weekends. Another dream theme for me, and absolutely can't wait to own this killer game...

#7759 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Fantastic.
Doesn’t make the wait for mine any easier. lol
[quoted image]

Ditto

#7956 2 years ago

For those of you adding a Godzilla figure behind the bridge, especially Pro owners, how much clearance is there under the glass? How tall can a figure be to fit there? My Pro won't be here til summer, but looking to pick up some mods in the meantime. And how are we mounting these?

#7959 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

True to the above post with the overall height clearance. Note that a lot of these Godzilla toys will fit. When you look online at their measurements, they speak in terms of 12-in Godzilla, but mind you the overwhelming amount of time there describing the length from head to tip of tail.
Not as sure on premium/LE, but on Pro, there is plenty of room for the tail to wrap around the back of that center Drake building a little bit and it doesn't interfere with anything notable back there.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

it's pretty much right at 6". in example, the 1956 neca poster godzilla fits just under the glass: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/godzilla-1956-movie-poster-godzilla-head-to-tail-12inch-action-figure/nc42886

Thanks. Like to see some pics from people that added a figure back there. I know there some on here but....Really trying to get some ideas of MUST add-ons, especially for the Pro

#7978 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

I was in the exact same boat. Still am actually… except that I have a pro on order. Wife fell in love w a premium at the arcade and then was fine w the pro. It bugged me more than her to not have the mecha to beat up. And the bridge. But for 300 bucks in mods I’ll be happy I saved 2000 and had more time to play (pro showing up sooner). Can always sell the pro later I figure.

I went through this same thing when I got IMDN. I thought the Pro was a great shooter, and just didn't think the extras on the Premium/LE was worth it, to me. Money was a factor too. I still love my IMDN Pro, and i'm pumped for my Godzilla Pro. No matter what version you have or plan to get, best Stern out there, all versions basically play the same. And the art package on the Pro is awesome

#8012 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Thx.On Ebay Godzilla Diamond Select Figure 2020 Totto 1974 Bank Movie Retro
ebay.com link: Godzilla Diamond Select Figure 2020 Totto 1974 Bank Movie Retro

Says 10" though. Isn't that too big?? Perfect tho

#8026 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

You have to cut him down to roughly 6.5" and cut off his tail also need to shave off part of his right elbow and carve out part of the bottom for the switch below him. I hope that helps. He is mounted with velcro if anyone wants to see what that looks like. Also made a larger piece of plexi for him to stand on. Same with the tail.

Sounds like more work than need be to me, but. I like the look of this figure best from what i've found so far. Just want one that will fit without cutting and shaving here and there. Who know's, maybe....Thanks..

#8147 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I also remove my PF when adding art blades, soooo much easier to work!

I did art blades in my IMDN and seemed fairly easy with the PF in. I haven't got my GZ yet so.......so is there a reason it'd be tougher on GZ? Just curious without having mine yet

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

They really look cool... but I don't see those for sale on Diddy's mod page. Are they all sold out or do we have to request them? Thanks!

Email them directly. Also, there is a thread he has titled Signature Line Building GZ mod i believe. Terrible with posting links. I ordered one friday. I am # 1092 of 1101. So they must be about gone if there only making 100.

#8187 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

I PM them and got 1096! Almost over... Thanks for the message!

Glad to hear. Glad i didn't wait much longer to jump on this building mod. Won't see my Pro til summer, but this mod was a must for me. Soon as i saw they were limited to only 100, was definitely time to buy..

#8376 2 years ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Seeing a lot of posts from members saying they weren't into the theme before playing. Any Godzilla fans around here? This was a dream theme for me, I couldn't believe Stern were going through with it. They could have taken the license in so many directions, but the one they went with is perfect for pinball!

Absolute dream theme for me as well. I still haven't even played one yet, but mine will be here in the summer. Theme alone was enough for me. Watched some gameplay online, and was like, yeah, GOTTA have it. Be more than worth the wait

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

tdiddy Towers aren’t on your pinside shop site, are you planning on re-listing them in the future? Not getting my premium for a while but love this mod.

Was just gonna ask the same thing. Not getting my Pro for awhile either, but just curious if these will be available into the summer

1 week later
#8713 2 years ago

Is there a post somewhere in this thread that has a diagram of the length and location of all the rubbers? I'm replacing mine too before i even play a game, which won't be til summer

#8717 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

this is the list i made and used:
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002
there's a diagram in the manual, which you can find on stern's site:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Thanks,
Also, just making sure, but are the rubber sets exactly the same for the Premium/LE vs Pro? I have a Pro coming..

#8879 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'm also waiting for the JP premium I ordered last July 3rd. I hope I don't have to make similar adjustments and tweaks on it that I'm having to do on Godzilla to make it player-friendly.

Curious, what adjustments and tweaks did you have to do to JP new out of the box? I have my 1st NIB (GZ) coming this summer, and i'm a little leary as to how much stuff will need to be done to get it working just right. Thx...

#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

New code update sounds awesome! I wonder what version they'll be on by the time I get my Premium...

Kidding of course. Waiting on my Pro as well

2 weeks later
#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Mail came today, thanks to everyone that voted for us.... I really appreciate it
[quoted image]

I'll be ordering them in early summer. Can't buy all my mods before my Pro arrives. Won't be able to afford the pin LOL

#9379 2 years ago

I still want to wait on those towers til summer since my Pro is probably coming August, but what is the price on the Towers again?

#9418 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I placed the tail closer. It looked off when it was behind the building. Either way he needs a tail imo.
[quoted image]

Your Godzilla figure is this guy right?

aaa (resized).jpgaaa (resized).jpg
#9585 2 years ago

I'm changing all the rubber over to Titan, like most NIB owners seem to be doing, before i even play a game on mine WHEN i ever get it. Looks like most people are doing green flipper rubber. What other colors are you some of you using? Doing translucent everywhere else. And, dumb question, haven't even played the game yet, and have no idea how many balls it takes, 5 or 6? replacing those right away as well.

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I did Green right away with a lil mix of red, now I have orange, with some light blue and red for some posts. Link to my kit with pictures.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1875

Quoted from Muymanwell:

6 balls. my complete rubber list from titan is here (clears, green flipper, and black on the shooter tip): https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

Quoted from tbaum:

6 Balls - I may have gotten lucky, but the balls mine came with were in great shape. I have 6 extra, but haven't swapped them out yet.
I did the green/translucent mix that has been suggested here (https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002), but I've seen some people use the glow in the dark green and they also look pretty awesome. I might get a set as well.

Thanks. Like the Orange flipper rubber. But i'll stick with the translucent about everywhere else. Really liked it on my IMDN

#9594 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

use the glow in the dark green and they also look pretty awesome. I might get a set as well.

Anyone have some pics of these glow in the dark ones installed? Curious how they look

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Anybody want to buy a new set of the official Stern / Godzilla Art Blades? I decided to not install on my machine as I think its a little too busy. $50 shipped

I'll PM you tomorrow. But I think I'll take them

1 week later
#10165 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

where'd you get this from?

Seen them on Ebay

#10167 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

PinballGurus.com
It's nicer than some of the other 3D printed pins I've seen, in that it has a playfield glass and the detailed sticker on the rear as well as a tiny ball rolling around inside of it. As much as I hate to say it, I will be adding a plunger, flipper buttons and a power cord before I put it on a shelf at home.

I'd add the Flaming Speaker light kit too. But you MIGHT have to wait awhile for the kit

3 weeks later
#10919 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Someone else suggested this mod but it looks pretty good and is cheap. You get a 3 pack cheaply from Amazon. The scale looks to be about 1:190 so you might want something bigger if you want it more in your face. I kind of like it being small and subtle.
[quoted image]

Link?

2 weeks later
#11399 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is there a toy/figure people are using to replace the Godzilla in the premium and LE? Seems like that could definitely be upgraded.

I went with this guy. He's a tad too tall, but I'll make him work. Won't know til I get my machine tho just how he'll look.

20220609_171821 (resized).jpg20220609_171821 (resized).jpg
#11402 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I like that one! Pretty similar to the NECA
I went with, just different coloration. Any thoughts on where you’re going to put your jets? I have two as well, I know they’ll be in formation but I haven’t decided if they’ll be launching missiles or lining up to make a run on the big guy…
Sidebar - It’s quite hilarious to me I’m 2000+ miles away from home training for a pretty massive “upgrade” at my job and I’m debating where to put toys inside of a larger toy. I think it’s because I got word a few days ago Godzilla had landed at my distro and is waiting upon my return! Can’t wait to share build date and pics.

Not sure where all put the jets, possibly on the sling plastics? Decide when I get the machine I guess. I just love the figure, cannot wait to get him installed, and of course TDiddy's building mod as well

1 month later
#12781 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Got a paid-for GODZILLA PREMIUM coming in the July run but someone just offered up their INDIANA JONES (dream theme) for it in a trade.
So conflicted on what to do.

Get your GZ Premium and keep it. Nuff said..

1 week later
#13139 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Yes, and it’s super easy. I have to remove the heads on my games to get them into my basement gameroom. I LOVE the new Stern Spike 2 games for this. Takes literally about 5 minutes to remove the head. Roughly 6 plugs to undo and 2 bolts. Presto, ready to move.[quoted image]

So it's really that easy huh? Does it take enough weight off to make it worth the while, even if you DON'T need to take the head off to make clearance etc? My NIB Pro will be here within the week, and i'd like to make the move to the basement as easy as possible. Only taken off wedgehead heads and a few early Bally SS

#13142 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Weight reduction for moving couldn’t be easier on the new Sterns. You can remove any or all of the following in just a minute or two: backbox, glass, playfield. If you really want light weight, do all three and move the bare cabinet.

This is good to know. Hell, if I went this route I can probably move it myself without always having to call a buddy over

#13277 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:Artblades installed! I removed the playfield to install them, was super easy and glad I did. Playfield just lifts out, I used a cart right next to it so I didn't disconnect all the cables but you can pretty easily. It's better to lift the whole darn thing out rather than stand it up on end and work around the middle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dam, all I see is 1 cable still attached, and 1 connector unplugged. What's the 1 cable that you didn't disconnect? I plan on moving my Pro when it arrives with the PF out and head off. Just curious how many connections there are to the PF that have to be disconnected to remove it completely

#13279 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I was gonna disconnect them all, but then 1 was zip tied and I got lazy and grabbed a cart to put it on. It would be super easy to remove it completely.

Is it fairly easy to left the PF out yourself, or did you have help?

#13281 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Did it myself, I didn't know that it came all the way out like that so easy until I did it. Key thing is to have somewhere to set it to undo the cables... so if you don't have a table/cart handy, best to have help. Full disclosure: I didn't PLAN on taking it all the way out until I screwed up on the left art blade and had to retry. Then I was like "oh, that was super easy".

Good to know. Thanks. Now I just need my Pro already......

#13330 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Need a perspective from the Pro owners . I have a BKSOR pro that’s going and will be replaced by a Godzilla pro . As far as gameplay the pro looks great . But compared to BK is it lacking mechs ? BK has the Flail and the moving shield . Just wondering about this as I can’t afford the premium.

Add mods like everyone else, including me........

#13334 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Of course , shaker and replacing plastic Godzilla and Mecha look great …. But still no moving mechanisms .

Understandable with no moving mechs, but also can add more problems and repair. I have TDiddy's building mod and bridge mod, Doug's flamin frames and a nice Godzilla figure waiting in the wings for my Pro to show up (Hopefully within the week) and have roughly $550 into those, plus cost of pin, so about $7200 total. Plus i'm going to get the Tesla strike towers and mirror blades. Now about $7450ish. Still much cheaper than a Premium, and some nice mods. Still would love a Premium, but the extra $$$ just wasn't worth it, to me. Plus didn't have that much to spend..

#13342 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Just got the call from my shipper... Coming Tuesday

Pro or Premium? I should be getting a call any day as well.

#13454 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just installed the Neo Tokyo mod. So damn sexy. [quoted image]

I forget, but who sells these and what's the price?

#13520 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please take this elsewhere.

No kidding

#13614 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Got my machine today! Set it up and everything seems to be working good. No glaring issues yet. Bonus, it was born on my birthday Aug. 2nd!

Pro or Premium? I was on the July Pro run, and paid in full a month ago. Should be any day I'd think??

#13690 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Looks like my Pro is on its way.

Wonder when mine's coming? I'm on the July build. Getting ancy for sure

#13812 1 year ago

Ok, my NIB Pro will be here weds or thurs. My 1st NIB. Excited as hell, but also a tad "nervous". Been in this hobby quite awhile, but this will be new experience. Like some advice, and or some do's and don't's. Unboxing, set-up, what to look for/check for, Anything. Thanks in advance

#13911 1 year ago

Got THE call yesterday. My Pro will be here tomorrow. Man I can't frickin wait. Been reading and adding to these threads for months, and picking up mods along the way. Finally the day is almost here

#13941 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just thinking the same. I'm scheduled to join the club with a Pro on Friday. Coming by Fedex Freight. Wish me luck...

Congrats Quy, mine will be here tomorrow

#13943 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Nice! Let us know how it goes. Congrats to you too Scott!

Thanks! Hope it goes well too. Cannot wait

#13983 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On my machines I generally put the front levelers all the way in (or a thread or two out to allow some fine tuning), so they are as short as possible. I then put the rears at least midway out to almost all the way out, to make them taller. This usually gets me in the 6.8° to 7.2° range. I have Godzilla at 7.0° and my ball launches are very good, both manual and auto.

My plan when my Pro shows up later today is, fronts all the way in (Shortest), and the rears about 2" out, bottom of leveler to bottom of leg. Maybe a tad more out. Worked well on IMDN. See how it goes on GZ

#14074 1 year ago

He FINALLY showed up yesterday! My 1st NIB. Been following and contributing to these threads for months, and after ordering in February he's here. Honestly say it's the 1st time I've seen and played this game last night. Oh my god, what a beautiful pin! Plays pretty good right out of the box. Need to level it a tad more, but, otherwise plays great. This was so worth the wait. Can't wait to get some more plays in tonight and start adding those mods I've been collecting for months.

20220819_174634 (resized).jpg20220819_174634 (resized).jpg20220819_175816 (resized).jpg20220819_175816 (resized).jpg20220819_192520 (resized).jpg20220819_192520 (resized).jpg20220819_210109 (resized).jpg20220819_210109 (resized).jpg
#14132 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Which lit flipper buttons are you all getting?
I have the Brite ones on my JP and like them a lot, however I am not sure what color to get for GZ and I saw PBL has buttons that you can set to whatever color you want. Anyone used those PBL ones before?

I had the PBL ones on my IMDN, but you couldn't change colors. When I bought them you had to choose a color. I really liked them though

#14138 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Without the brackets mine moved easily 2 to 3mm to either side when the playfield was down and secure. Nudging or slap saving was enough to jostle it back and forth. They make a huge difference when I added them to mine and lock the playfield in perfectly. No more rattling plunges, and I can hit the skill shot , behind the upper flipper consistently..Without them, the plunger was constantly off center. A friend of mine's Godzilla came with them installed, so I think it was just a QC overlook not installing them on a few runs. I have a key post that shows the location they should be in. $1 part and 5 minute install. Easy

Where exactly are these brackets located? Just got my Pro and am curious if mine has them

#14153 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Congrats on a long-awaited delivery.
Congrats on a trouble-free NIB.
What mods have got, ready to install?
Just curious.

Thanks Jason. What a awesome game. I have TDiddy's limited edition Drake building mod and his bridge. A sweet looking GZ figure. Doug's framin frames speakerlightkit. Couple fighter jets and some Titan rubber to add. Few more mods coming down the road. Waitlists are long for some mods.

#14184 1 year ago

Got TDiddy's bridge in, and my GZ 90% in. He's basically "sitting" because it's 7" high. Without major surgery to him, i think the look is ok, or no? Took his tail out and will likely put it where the flat plastic is or was. He's wedged in there fairly good, and unless your on the left side of the machine looking straight down behind the bridge, I think it looks fine, but?

20220823_165846 (resized).jpg20220823_165846 (resized).jpg
#14189 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I love that look on him-- do you have a link you could share to the model? I'd love to throw him on the top of my machine

Don't have a link. I could add one IF I knew. Got him on Ebay. There's at least one on there. He's the 2007 Toho Co. Bandai 7" Classic Godzilla Kaiju Monster Action Figure 1986 movie ebay.com link: itm
Guess I just figured out how to paste a link!

#14383 1 year ago

Ok, only had my Pro about 10 days, and love it to death of course, but IMO just too much Red GI. What are you guys doing to change some of it up? Some warm whites here and there, or cool or ?

#14433 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put a green dome on the flasher behind mecha and it really changed the look. Way too much red in game

Think I remember now of a pic you posted of that. Is that just a standard size dome, or Stern specific? Haven't bought LEDS or anything for quite some time. Out of the parts loop so to speak these days.

2 weeks later
#14832 1 year ago

Ok, came up with a possible idea for my GZ Pro flat plastic that I replaced with a figure. Obviously I'd trim it some to look better, but it's a general idea. Not worried about the plastic since this pin is bolted to my floor. Not that it matters really anyway. But, look dumb? Ok? Just can't stand that area..

20220915_174941 (resized).jpg20220915_174941 (resized).jpg
#14844 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks cool!
Post a pic once done!

We'll do...

#14858 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

By the way (and not to jump on any one or another creators bandwagons), but today I also took the opportunity to install Doug's flaming speaker light kits. I'd never seen them in person and Oh $h#t these things are bad to the damn bone! I mean wow man...I knew they'd be cool, but these things are absolutely badass!!!

Hoping to FINALLY get mine installed this weekend. Had them for months, but my pin arrived only a few weeks ago. Can't wait...

#14860 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Same here. They've been sitting down in the game room for about a month, finally had some time to install them today. I had to undo and redo those little micro screws that go into the monitor a couple times over just to get everything right, not that the online instructions weren't good, there was just a couple little steps that I had to stumble over, lol.
They look SO cool. Hats off!!

Is there also a Youtube video on the install, or just the online instructions? I used the online instructions on my IMDN, but I prefer a video when available

#14926 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok, came up with a possible idea for my GZ Pro flat plastic that I replaced with a figure. Obviously I'd trim it some to look better, but it's a general idea. Not worried about the plastic since this pin is bolted to my floor. Not that it matters really anyway. But, look dumb? Ok? Just can't stand that area..
[quoted image]

Got her done. Think it looks ok

20220919_144957 (resized).jpg20220919_144957 (resized).jpg
#14951 1 year ago

Gz is my 1st Stern with the Insider Connect. So you can download the new code update without a SD card correct? If so how? This is new to me

#14953 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just go into the service menu go to Network then select Software Update should start automatically.

Thanks

#14974 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So do all the high scores get wiped when the code updates?

Far as I know yes. Was with IMDN. Maybe it works different now?

#15102 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

I used a razor blade to get it going, then it peels right off

Mine peeled off without any help.

#15197 1 year ago

FINALLY got Doug's speaker lights installed over the weekend. Had them for months, but didn't get my Pro til last month. Dam these are awesome in person. Thanks again Doug

20220926_142904 (resized).jpg20220926_142904 (resized).jpg

#15224 1 year ago
Quoted from Farmboss:Is there a way to turn off the BOC song? I told my wife that I was considering Godzilla for a new game and she made a face and asked if it played "That" song? Personally I am huge BOC fan but I would have to admit that I am a bit tired of it as well.

Haven't had my GZ long, and maybe i'm just stupid, but what is the BOC song?

#15226 1 year ago

Oh, duh. Like I said, maybe i'm just stupid. Didn't even dawn on me it was a abbreviation. I personally don't mind it THAT much, but I suppose over time it will get old for me as well. I'm a '86 grad, so I grew up listening to them so I can live with it I guess, for now

#15324 1 year ago

No kidding. Like a can of worms or something is getting opened??

#15327 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Highly recommended. But there’s a decent wait for Doug’s kit I think. Not sure though.

I'm fairly sure there's a wait, BUT, worth it

#15331 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Looks like I have a chance to join the club. I really like the flaming city speaker mod, would like to add that for sure.
I see there are a few vendors that offer their own versions, which one seems to be the best choice for ease of install and overall best effect?

Here's Doug's

Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Looks like I have a chance to join the club. I really like the flaming city speaker mod, would like to add that for sure.
I see there are a few vendors that offer their own versions, which one seems to be the best choice for ease of install and overall best effect?

Hetd

20220926_142904 (resized).jpg20220926_142904 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15619 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Plug and play, super easy.
TBH I’m still trying to get the EQ right though after install

Where is the EQ setting by the way?

#15621 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

In the Volume Settings, you need to change the "High/Low Filter" default setting to EQ, then it opens up two new EQ settings pages for cabinet and backbox speakers.

Thanks. Just haven't had much time to tinker with any settings yet since I got it

2 weeks later
#16277 1 year ago

What is THEE best level to level a pin? And within a reasonable price. I only have 3 pins and this title is the only one I've ever owned that has to really be dialed in. Thx in advance...

#16377 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Is Stern doing anything to celebrate Godzilla Day?

Yes, sending all GZ owners a free topper

2 weeks later
#16862 1 year ago

Can you download the new code via WiFi if your not a member of insider connected?

#16866 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

You can download the code from Stern and then upload to the game via a USB drive. I don't use Insider Connected at all and downloading the code direct from Stern works best for me.

This is what i've done in the past when I had IMDN. Just thought it'd be easier via WiFi

1 week later
#17184 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Is it a Premium or and LE? You decide!!!
Couldn’t be happier with the LE powder coat job on this Premium from HemiOrange09
Also thanks to folks in this forum who helped me find and replace the t-molding (easiest, cheapest mod ever)! Also just installed speaker light kit from Coin Taker (it’s on sale!) and the Mezel Mods Alien Console screen! Wizmod coin door cover too! All of this is a simple tribute to the best pinball machine of all time!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll say.......................................................Premium?
Looks great. Liking the Alien Console screen more and more every time I see one

1 month later
1 week later
#18520 1 year ago

Got to Monster Zero for the 1st time last night. Must admit, not sure how I got there. I really don't play as often as i'd like. Actually maybe a half dozen games a week. Haven't really studied enough up on the rulesheet either. Was fun to get to a "new" point in the game obviously, but I have to admit, there is SO much going most of the time, especially when you have a multiball going, and all the lights etc and the game going 1/2 dark at times, I just have a real hard time following what's going on half the time. Would love to watch the LCD screen way more often than I get to, but dam, who the hell has time with so much going on. I've owned pins for 15 years, so I'm an average player. I don't think the game is hard, just real deep. Just wondering how some of you "figure" this game out without playing 100 times a week and or watching gameplay on YouTube. Just curious, not ranting

#18524 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Game is very deep - I'm only a week and a half in with my machine and I'm realizing quickly how much is going on. Crazy.
I am going to watch more streams for sure because I really do get lost as I get further into the game.

Yep, I plan on watching more streams for sure. Just don't have much time. Had this game new since late August, and probably have maybe only 125 games on it, and a high score of only 590 million

#18530 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

During Godzilla multiball, you hit at least one lit shot three times. This lit the building for a super jackpot. You hit that, too.
Then, you earned enough godzilla power-ups to get to Level 4. You chose Light Monster Zero as your reward (it was probably the only option).
Then, you shot through the building again.
Simple
Such a fun mode. Congrats!

Thanks. I usually do well hitting lit shots during GZ multiball. But I rarely get my power-ups past 3 or 4, yet. And I do remember now at power-up 4 I did indeed choose Monster Zero. Most times at power-ups I'm unsure which to choose. That sounded like something fun and different to shoot for a change. Seems like every game I see something new. A 1st last night as well getting Saucer Attack Multiball

#18535 1 year ago

Anyone on here make those lenticular instruction cards for GZ? Got some for my IMDN a few years ago and loved them.

#18675 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree about the length. However, in my experience, when I take a break (even for only a minute or two between balls to grab a drink) the next ball will almost always be short and bad. I think there's a lot to be said for not getting out of the zone.

I completely agree. If I take 5 seconds off to take a sip off a beer or drink and I'm ok. But if I take any kind of a break out side a min or 2, I know where the rest of a great game is going, south

2 weeks later
#18993 1 year ago

Question, I'm trying to update to the newest code. Signed up for insider connected, have the Wi-Fi connected, even scanned the code on the apron, but it will not let me download the update. I'm all setup online. Even logged in to Stern via the QR code. I must be missing something, but don't know what. Last time I updated I used a Flashdrive, and that was on my IMDN

#18997 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Is the game registered to you account online?

That was another thing I was trying to do I believe. Was trying everything last night

#19045 1 year ago

Can you download the new code via thumbdrive if your connected to insider connected? I signed up for insider connected but can't download the code via Wi-Fi. I downloaded the the code off Stern's website on to a flashdrive, but it doesn't automatically download. When I had IMDN i would just put the flashdrive in the USB and it would automatically download. WTF am I doing wrong here?

#19048 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are the files zipped? Think you need to unzip files. You can also try a different flashdrive. I've heard games can be picky with type of flashdrive.

Files are zipped yes. Never had such a problem with a code update. My 1st pin with insider connected so I'm not sure what the deal is

#19050 1 year ago

Definitely need to un-zip the files</
Fairly sure there zipped. How do you unzip them? I'm NOT a computer guy

#19052 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

click on the file in downloads
it will seperate the files
drag each over individually

I just right-clicked on the download and then sent it to USB drive. If i open the download there are 3 files. How do I get them to the flashdrive?, which of course is at home. Just looking at the download here at work and trying to figure out how to get all 3 parts of the download onto the flashdrive

#19054 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

drag each over one at a time.hold down left and drag to usb.let 1 load and go to the 2nd then 3rd

Ok, so just drag to the USB Drive as shown in pic?

20230221_100604 (resized).jpg20230221_100604 (resized).jpg
#19056 1 year ago

Perfect, thanks. I'll redo it here tomorrow. So, it should automatically download when the game is turned on? That's how it worked on IMDN

#19061 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Make sure you delete everything else on the flash drive, and format it to fat32 first. Then do the drag and drop with each file. Then, yes, machine off, insert thumb drive, machine on. Follow the on screen prompts. You should be set

Quoted from Jamesays:

Game off insert USB
power up open coin door and hit select then select again.close door
load .after it loads and says succesfull remove usb and power off and on,Done

Thanks gents! Will update when hopefully done

#19106 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Thanks gents! Will update when hopefully done

Got the code updated finally. Thanks all!

#19126 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It is. New pin day is always an awesome day.

No doubt. GZ was my 1st NIB last August. Still remember how giddy I was when the truck pulled up. Awesome feeling

#19136 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I was giddy when I got mine, then I saw the hole in the box and I was petrified. Then I saw it was only minimally damage.

Exact same thing happened to me! Here's a pic of the box. Just a little decal damage on the the left side. Can barely even tell unless your looking for it. It was a relief. Still waiting on the decal from Stern.

20220819_174634 (resized).jpg20220819_174634 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#19418 1 year ago

Putting in a little PBL order right now. Are the coil sleeves and stops the same for the upper flipper vs the lowers?

#19422 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Yes - they are the same.

Thanks

2 weeks later
#19758 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I listed my beautiful premium for sale if anyone is looking to buy. Price is obo.

Machine - For Sale

Godzilla Premium HUO - Lots of mods!

New ad!
Featured

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Here’s your chance to own the #1 rated pinball machine of all time. I am selling my beautiful HUO Godzilla Premium that is loaded with mods. I bought this brand new and took deli...”

6 hours ago

Brighton, MI
(501 mi)

Looks nice! Where did you get that shooter rod housing decal by the way?

#19808 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Gorillas damaged my LE. They said we can ship it back. I said no I will live with that nick. Thought I could buy side art from Stern and was in talks with them, then nothing.

They nicked up my Pro as well. Finally after about 6 months I got my replacement cabinet decal from Stern

#19813 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Now you just need to spend a whole weekend to prep and replace the decal.... uggg!

Doubt I'll actually install it. Can barely even notice it. Really can't unless you know where it is. Might make some wall art out of it?

1 week later
#20068 1 year ago

So, been seeing quite a bit on speaker upgrades on here lately. Especially PRO owners like me. Just to clarify, IS there a 5.25" speaker that will mount without any adjustments or different mounting plates? Really want to put something different in there without a ton of $$$ spent and hassle, Can't believe how bad the stock speakers are in there.

#20090 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
this is a kit. But also, they are cheaper if you get a light kit also.

Quoted from prentice:

Take a look at the first column here, super simple and cheap to upgrade!
http://bit.ly/sternaudio

Quoted from BW1029:

I don't have a GZ (yet!) but swapped in 4" Kickers and a JBL 8" in the Cabinet on my Bond and it made a decent improvement. Pretty much plug and play to do the 4" and 8". Like someone said earlier, if you want 5.25" you can buy new mounting plates, buy a adapter plate or even drill new post holes for 5.25". Though the latter 2 options both then have a 5.25" speaker in a hole meant for 4"

Appreciate all the opinions on sound. Just wondering if either the 8" JBL or the one from PBL and just 4" kickers will be just fine vs the 5.25"s? Don't play nearly enough as most of you

#20093 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yep, you’ll get a ton of improvement from just the 4” plus new cabinet speaker. And it is super easy to add.

Thanks. Looking forward to the upgrade for sure

#20135 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yep, you’ll get a ton of improvement from just the 4” plus new cabinet speaker. And it is super easy to add.

K, got the Kickers in there now. Much better. Haven't got the cabinet speaker yet. Do I need to adjust the EQ settings, or should I just wait til I get the cabinet speaker, or doesn't matter?

#20221 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Go on stumblorpinball.com. He has a great video which shows him programming the sign and how to make adjustments to the lights.

I don't see a video anywhere of him programming the sign? Have a link? maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot. I'd really like to know how to adjust better

#20222 1 year ago

oops, double post

#20225 1 year ago

Perfect, thanks....

1 week later
#20428 1 year ago

Be updating to the new code later after work. Anything REAL exciting to look forward to?

4 weeks later
#21095 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Finally hit the Billion club, and planet X. man when you break through on this game it really opens up.

I ALMOST broke a billion last weekend. And got to Monster Zero. No idea how I got there

#21221 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

That has to be one of the silliest mods half of it is installed on the bottom of the PF Why did they do that??[quoted image]

I got one of those for Xmas. I love it, so does the wife. Yeah, kind of unnecessary for the bottom half, but hey, like people are saying, gotta put the other half somewhere. I show people when they come over to play and they get a kick out of it. Always say poor Mechagodzilla.....

1 month later
#23190 9 months ago

Wife got me a couple GZ signs for my birthday yesterday. The one is like a 3D hologram so depending on the angle you see the other pic. Looks way better in person. Now to find a spot for them

20230714_142514 (resized).jpg20230714_142514 (resized).jpg20230714_142535 (resized).jpg20230714_142535 (resized).jpg20230714_142644 (resized).jpg20230714_142644 (resized).jpg
#23192 9 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Cool birthday gifts. That street sign is awesome.

She got both at Hobby Lobby

1 month later
#23787 8 months ago

So, i'm still running 1.04 code. Have 1.07 ready to upload. Just wondering what pros and or cons to updating to the latest? Like it where it's at but....

#23915 8 months ago

I need some input here regarding upgraded speakers. So I added the Kicker 4" backbox speakers months ago, forget exactly what model # And recently just added the PBL Boom Boom 8" cabinet speaker, both 4 ohm. The kickers definitely helped the backbox, but this new cabinet speaker just doesn't sound any better. How are you guys adjusting your sound? Just curious what settings work best. Is there much more adjust than the EQ? I've also heard mixed reviews of having the settings set to 4 vs 8 ohm. Assume it should be 4. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20230823_172240 (resized).jpg20230823_172240 (resized).jpg20230824_113134 (resized).jpg20230824_113134 (resized).jpg
#23996 7 months ago
Quoted from math08:

Just got my Freddy's today and installed. Not a single bad plunge shot. What a difference. Freddy rocks.

What exactly is Freddy's Pinside handle, and does he have a store? I need one of these.

3 weeks later
#24339 7 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Top secret video of a new mode for the next code update or just simply adorable… you decide.

God that'd be awesome to integrate that into the game, not that it's not awesome enough already. Love it

3 weeks later
#24545 6 months ago
Quoted from Brombomb:

I have also only hit 1B 1 time so far.

Same here 1.2 billion. But, now that winter is coming i'll have more time to get some serious gameplay in

1 week later
#24605 6 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I know this speaker question has been discussed in length in other posts but I did not find a definitive answer yet. I have installed the Kicker 46CSC 4" speakers and was wondering if anyone would share their audio settings, Impedance 4 or 8 ohms and EQ frequency settings?
Question two, is the speaker in the cabinet full range or a sub woofer?
Speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NS9FVKB

Same ones I bought. I have it set to 8 ohms. Cabinet speaker I believe is full range, but not sure. I replaced that with the 8" Boom Boom from PBL. Have them both set at 8 ohms. On my EQ, cranked up the left half and cranked down the right half, to a point anyways, not all the way. Still unsure how I want it, still want to tinker a bit more with settings, but it's much better now than stock

1 month later
#25401 4 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

I just got my GZ premium last Saturday morning, only had time to play a few games before I had to leave to the Uk for a work trip. In just the one hour or so of play, I found a handful of quality issues. I’ve been following this forum daily and have to say, I’m dreading having to deal with building optos and other stuff when I get home.
Stern - please fix your quality control!!! For a game you charge this much for, in a world where you see the business going to home use, and for a game you’ve made this many of (you’d think the November/December runs would be super polished by now) - your customers expect more from you on quality.

One of the reasons I went Pro on GZ. Love the moving building on the Premium/LE, but I just hear of so many people having multiple issues. Just didn't want to deal with it. Maybe some day they'll get it worked out

#25408 4 months ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Its funny because the moving building IS the reason I bought a Godzilla. It may have issues with the optos, ( which are pretty easily remedied thanks to this forum) but its probably one of the coolest mechanical features in any pinball machine to date IMO.

Price for the Premium/LE was the biggest factor vs the Pro for me. VERY happy with the Pro. Added all the necessary mods and still have less invested than a stock Premium, and it doesn't look "half empty" when it was new out of the box.

#25416 4 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Since then I've purchased JJP, Spooky, and Stern NIB and so far my GZ was the only one pretty much perfect from day one. Just the luck of the draw!

Same here. Got my NIB Pro August of 2022. Only issue I've had is some inconsistent auto plunges, but who hasn't, and I haven't touched it. Doesn't really bother me at all. Nobody else who plays it even notices. I got pretty lucky. Leveled it and set the pitch to my liking and went through all connections etc and it's been fine from day 1

1 month later
#26307 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just a quick one to say we've just released images and video of our new Tokyo Neon building mod - the "Subway".

Head on over to the thread to jump on the list. Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3

Awesome Davey

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.