PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 548.
#18951 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Godzilla? Anyone have any links to buy?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234827939/godzilla-inspired-kaiju-research

#18952 1 year ago

Now that's pretty cool and very unique! Just ordered one! I'll use it in conjunction with my generic one from the goodie bag.

#18953 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Thanks for the new orders guys. I wasn't fishing for them but rather hoping to help the gentleman who needs help repairing his game. He can definitely repair it without them and the instruction I put up show that.
I do this on the side as a hobby (for more than 20 years now) and just try to participate and sometimes make cool stuff.

I will always support niche products as I know its takes an effort to design and build then produce

#18954 1 year ago

What a run Godzilla had at the top of the Pinside rankings. I wonder how it did vs. MM, in terms of longevity. About to get dethroned by Stern Star Trek LE, which is piling up new almost-10 ratings out of nowhere.

#18955 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

What a run Godzilla had at the top of the Pinside rankings. I wonder how it did vs. MM, in terms of longevity. About to get dethroned by Stern Star Trek LE, which is piling up new almost-10 ratings out of nowhere.

Something is up with the top 100 rankings lately. Last week AC/DC suddenly appeared in the top 5. Today it's in the 20s and Star Trek has appeared out of nowhere. Something Is definitely strange. I know Robin has been working on new ranking systems that separate the different trim levels of games or something like that. I wonder if that's what's going on?

#18956 1 year ago

i know no one cares and the horse has been beaten fully and thoroughly to death but how can you care about ratings when longtime members with dozens of them just come out and post that they will rate games a 1 regardless of what they actually think about them if they don't like the manufacturers' business practices?

the ratings mean nothing, lebowski

#18957 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i know no one cares and the horse has been beaten fully and thoroughly to death but how can you care about ratings when longtime members with dozens of them just come out and post that they will rate games a 1 regardless of what they actually think about them if they don't like the manufacturers' business practices?
the ratings mean nothing, lebowski

I agree, the ratings are basically useless. I don't care about them per say. Just posting what I observed recently.

#18958 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I posted but maybe got overlooked does anyone know how I have to dissemble this bridge in order to lock this screw back in place it’s loose and wobbling bridge;
If it’s too much hassle and difficult my tech will be here Friday
It’s bottom left screw buried
How difficult is this I’m a beginner level 2
Could be good practice to build confidence
My vote is wait for tech ; but what’s worst that can happen some screws drop and I dissemble a lot of stuff I don’t Remeber how to put back lol
[quoted image]

I am yet to investigate on how to disassemble this, it seems like an awkward mech. At a quick glance I could not figure out how to take it off.
I want to to this eventually to clean the game and get to the outlines and orbits to wax/clean.

anybody with experience and lessons learned? I am quite experienced on pain maintenance, so not looking for the basics, but more like lessons learned from someone who's done this.

#18959 1 year ago

Thanks for the new orders guys. I wasn't fishing for them but rather hoping to help the gentleman who needs help repairing his game. He can definitely repair it without them and the instruction I put up show that.
I do this on the side as a hobby (for more than 20 years now) and just try to participate and sometimes make cool stuff.

I was sold when I watched the video. It's definitely better than a dowel lol.

#18960 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Something is up with the top 100 rankings lately. Last week AC/DC suddenly appeared in the top 5. Today it's in the 20s and Star Trek has appeared out of nowhere. Something Is definitely strange. I know Robin has been working on new ranking systems that separate the different trim levels of games or something like that. I wonder if that's what's going on?

I think someone posted AC/DC was because they separated Premium and LE into their own groups and the LE ratings being the highest boosted its ranking. Not sure if something similar is happening with Star Track

#18961 1 year ago

Something is up with the top 100 rankings lately.

Robin has a post pinned to the top of the Forum about why there's been some significant movement in the Top 100:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le#post-7398979

I care deeply about the value other people place on my life decisions, so I've been following these changes very closely. That's the only reason I've got a Godzilla Premium coming this month! I just didn't want one until it hit #1!

#18962 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I care deeply about the value other people place on my life decisions

I mean, yeah, lol. That's my main concern as well. Duh...

#18963 1 year ago

I mean, yeah, lol. That's my main concern as well. Duh...

What's really going to suck for me is when I have to offload my Godzilla at a steep loss the minute it drops from the #1 spot on Pinside's top 100.

#18964 1 year ago

Received my Godzilla this week and am loving the game. Question for owners; when the ball is on the magnet and there is the prompt to flip both flippers to drop into the left lane, my ball just drops straight to the upper flipper the same as destruction jackpot fro. Is this the expected behaviour or should it throw to the left behind the flipper?

#18965 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Received my Godzilla this week and am loving the game. Question for owners; when the ball is on the magnet and there is the prompt to flip both flippers to drop into the left lane, my ball just drops straight to the upper flipper the same as destruction jackpot fro. Is this the expected behaviour or should it throw to the left behind the flipper?

Scroll up like 20 posts, this was just discussed.

#18966 1 year ago

I finally bit the bullet and rolled over an old deposit on an API Houdini into a Godzilla Premium pre-order. Wasn't even my first thought when looking for a replacement machine, but after reading almost 400 pages of pretty entusiastic owners here on pinside, the game sounds like a hoot and perfect complement to Jurassic and Guardians! Anyone know if GZ Premiums are shipping this quarter or so?

#18967 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I finally bit the bullet and rolled over a year old deposit on a API Houdini into a Gogzilla Premium pre-order. Wasn't even my first thought when looking for a machine, but after reading almost 400 pages of pretty entusiastic owners here on pinside, the game sounds like a hoot and perfect complement to Jurassic and Guardians! Anyone know if GZ Premiums are shipping this quarter or so?

0F1D9E5F-C1CF-496B-AA9C-48264408EABA (resized).png0F1D9E5F-C1CF-496B-AA9C-48264408EABA (resized).png
#18968 1 year ago

I finally bit the bullet and rolled over an old deposit on an API Houdini into a Godzilla Premium pre-order. Wasn't even my first thought when looking for a replacement machine, but after reading almost 400 pages of pretty entusiastic owners here on pinside, the game sounds like a hoot and perfect complement to Jurassic and Guardians! Anyone know if GZ Premiums are shipping this quarter or so?

You’re gonna love it!!!

#18969 1 year ago

FWIW, I jumped on board as soon as these were released. Yeah, clamps work ok I guess but why not have something specifically designed to do the job? Plus $65 versus $9000 (price of NIB Godzilla when I purchased (rounding up) it was a no brainer. But hey, to each their own...

Kevin -- thanks for your ingenuity and making these available for Stern machines.

#18970 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Well I think I found the dumbest and mostly highly inaccessible screw in the game Ofcourse related to the bridge ;
Take a look closely you’ll see the screw is real loose and out almost;
How are you honestly supposed to do this without taking 30 mins to an hour look like a headache;
With all that violent bridge action why such small tiny weak screws and no locktite on it from factory ?
[quoted image]

I recently went through the the process of replacing the four bridge plastic pieces with new stainless steel pieces (available from Chrome Candy). Accessing that PIA screw so you can lock it down will take a little work, but here's what you gotta do:

1. You will have to raise the playfield in such a fashion that you have access to the back of the bridge assembly. Pull the playfield out so that the rubber on the service rails rests on the lock bar receiver. I then used a couple of strong zip-ties to tie the rails to the lock bar receiver so it would not slide. Raise the back of the playfield out of the machine and use a broomstick / dowel to rest the playfield out of the cabinet. See image 1.

2. You will now need to remove four 6-32 screws. The first of these is on the back side of the bridge. To access it the bridge must be lifted upwards. In the pic below, a small towel is being used to hold it in the up position which moves the plastic arm away from the screw. To remove this screw, it is necessary to use a 5/16” wrench to keep the piece on the other side from rotating. See image 2.

3. See image 3. Remove these 3 screws from the front of the bridge. It is not necessary to remove the C-clip.

4. You should now be able to lift and rotate the end of the bridge assembly so that the PIA screw can be accessed. See image 4.

Hope this helps.

Bridge_1 (resized).jpgBridge_1 (resized).jpgBridge_2 (resized).jpgBridge_2 (resized).jpgBridge_3 (resized).jpgBridge_3 (resized).jpgBridge_4 (resized).jpgBridge_4 (resized).jpg
#18971 1 year ago

good move to get godzilla. no brainer. such a fun game.

#18972 1 year ago

You won’t get rid of this one Mark! It’s a keeper for sure

#18973 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I recently went through the the process of replacing the four bridge plastic pieces with new stainless steel pieces (available from Chrome Candy). Accessing that PIA screw so you can lock it down will take a little work, but here's what you gotta do:
1. You will have to raise the playfield in such a fashion that you have access to the back of the bridge assembly. Pull the playfield out so that the rubber on the service rails rests on the lock bar receiver. I then used a couple of strong zip-ties to tie the rails to the lock bar receiver so it would not slide. Raise the back of the playfield out of the machine and use a broomstick / dowel to rest the playfield out of the cabinet. See image 1.
2. You will now need to remove four 6-32 screws. The first of these is on the back side of the bridge. To access it the bridge must be lifted upwards. In the pic below, a small towel is being used to hold it in the up position which moves the plastic arm away from the screw. To remove this screw, it is necessary to use a 5/16” wrench to keep the piece on the other side from rotating. See image 2.
3. See image 3. Remove these 3 screws from the front of the bridge. It is not necessary to remove the C-clip.
4. You should now be able to lift and rotate the end of the bridge assembly so that the PIA screw can be accessed. See image 4.
Hope this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this.

Anybody adding washers any of the ball guides?
I noticed the ones under the building might be a little too close to the pf.
Looks like hell to get under there and disassemble this section

#18974 1 year ago

Problem on the Pro. When I shoot up the right ramp the ball comes back to the right flipper. When is is at the rails towards the inlane and at the vicinity of the right slingshot, the slingshot fires.
Not every time, but half of the time. Anybody a hint to fix this?

#18975 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Problem on the Pro. When I shoot up the right ramp the ball comes back to the right flipper. When is is at the rails towards the inlane and at the vicinity of the right slingshot, the slingshot fires.
Not every time, but half of the time. Anybody a hint to fix this?

Adjust your leaf switch. There are some vids on youtube.

#18976 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

New code dropped the other day. 1.04. If auto updates are turned on, I bet it was that and you interrupted the process by power cycling.

Yeah that was it .When I turned on next after that night it was stopped at 24% so continued it and all good now

#18977 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Adjust your leaf switch

That did the trick, thanks!

#18978 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Damn I didn’t get the email that usually comes from Stern .Thanks CW

Check spam folder. For some reason, all my Stern emails just started going to Spam, had to reset them in Gmail.

#18979 1 year ago

Heyba there Fabit Albbert

#18980 1 year ago

Hello everybody,
Just to let you know that we managed to make the eyes of the MechaGodzilla (Premiun/LE version) interact with the GI (General Illumination). The difficulty is to drill the figure without making any mistakes . And for that you have to be delicate. Then we built a kit that allows us to do this. Now the drilling of the figure is up to you!
You can buy here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07852-lights-kit-for-mechagodzilla-le-premium
You can choose the color of the eyes.
Note : I also saw that you could buy this figurine for 90 dollars on Pinball Life .
I m just selling the lights kit not the figurine !
See you soon.

B865156D-9331-4965-979A-D401AC276155 (resized).jpegB865156D-9331-4965-979A-D401AC276155 (resized).jpeg90CE14C9-50AC-4EE7-ACB9-78FBD5061482 (resized).jpeg90CE14C9-50AC-4EE7-ACB9-78FBD5061482 (resized).jpeg56767FB1-D82D-4376-B439-AE6C68783AEA (resized).jpeg56767FB1-D82D-4376-B439-AE6C68783AEA (resized).jpeg
#18981 1 year ago

I have a question. I wanted to take the JP shooter housing and use another shooter that would look cool all lit up. My understanding from Stern is the plug on the front board that this would connect to in JP is turned off in the code. Any way around this? I was thinking of getting a three way splitter and drawing the power from the back box. I current have a two way splitter there for speaker and topper leds (not the stern topper we are all waiting for . I would put a three way splitter there and run the line and connector forward. Thoughts?

#18982 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hello everybody,
Just to let you know that we managed to make the eyes of the MechaGodzilla (Premiun/LE version) interact with the GI (General Illumination). The difficulty is to drill the figure without making any mistakes . And for that you have to be delicate. Then we built a kit that allows us to do this. Now the drilling of the figure is up to you!
You can buy here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07852-lights-kit-for-mechagodzilla-le-premium
Note : I also saw that you could buy this figurine for 90 dollars on Pinball Life .
See you soon.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

#18983 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I reset mine gmail and..

The hell does that mean?

#18984 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hello everybody,
See you soon.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, just when I thought I was done, another mod I have to have

#18985 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

The hell does that mean?

You forgot the “What” in your question.

I’m sorry it doesn’t make sense to you. Maybe my grammar is incorrect. Or a typo, perhaps . Have fun deciphering it.
1B574F02-2B16-4EC1-87CC-ACF27BF0D7A7.gif1B574F02-2B16-4EC1-87CC-ACF27BF0D7A7.gif

#18986 1 year ago
Quoted from Flexin:

I have a question. I wanted to take the JP shooter housing and use another shooter that would look cool all lit up. My understanding from Stern is the plug on the front board that this would connect to in JP is turned off in the code. Any way around this? I was thinking of getting a three way splitter and drawing the power from the back box. I current have a two way splitter there for speaker and topper leds (not the stern topper we are all waiting for . I would put a three way splitter there and run the line and connector forward. Thoughts?

Some have used the AIQ shooter rod and tapped into the Saucer RGB lights.

#18987 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thank you, I will take a look.

#18988 1 year ago

I have done this and it looks amazing!

Quoted from awesome1:

#18989 1 year ago

I'd just like to take a moment to say this is one of the best games EVER....nothing more.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

PXL_20230121_141241768 (resized).jpgPXL_20230121_141241768 (resized).jpg
#18990 1 year ago

One thing I have observed is the amount of Godzilla owners selling so quickly? I did think maybe just a correlation with the amount of machines being made? Seems like a large number of people play 20-100 games and then get rid of it? I just kinda scratch my head at this. I can see if a game does not click but I put like 20 games on in a single night. So many adjustments can be made to make the gameplay fit to your desire. For me I wrote off Godzilla upon release because I did not think I could relate to the theme. Over time playing the game-it just grew on me and was super fun to flip(really love magna grab). I keep saying to myself-this is how it needs to be done in the future. No more FOMO purchases without playing the game first(wishful thinking). When you play a game on location or at friends home and it grabs you-that is how you know if it is worthy or not. It took me 20-100 plays to get my juices flowing-just surprised people are dumping this game with low plays(did you really give it a chance?)

#18991 1 year ago

We have caught up on all PRO versions and now are available in our shop

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-pinball-mods-/07865-godzilla-naegele-oil-building-pro

Pinside_forum_7082123_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7082123_0 (resized).jpg
#18992 1 year ago

Great looking mod, I have had 2 separate people compliment it on my game not even knowing it wasn't originally part of the game

#18993 1 year ago

Question, I'm trying to update to the newest code. Signed up for insider connected, have the Wi-Fi connected, even scanned the code on the apron, but it will not let me download the update. I'm all setup online. Even logged in to Stern via the QR code. I must be missing something, but don't know what. Last time I updated I used a Flashdrive, and that was on my IMDN

#18994 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have observed is the amount of Godzilla owners selling so quickly? I did think maybe just a correlation with the amount of machines being made? Seems like a large number of people play 20-100 games and then get rid of it? I just kinda scratch my head at this. I can see if a game does not click but I put like 20 games on in a single night. So many adjustments can be made to make the gameplay fit to your desire. For me I wrote off Godzilla upon release because I did not think I could relate to the theme. Over time playing the game-it just grew on me and was super fun to flip(really love magna grab). I keep saying to myself-this is how it needs to be done in the future. No more FOMO purchases without playing the game first(wishful thinking). When you play a game on location or at friends home and it grabs you-that is how you know if it is worthy or not. It took me 20-100 plays to get my juices flowing-just surprised people are dumping this game with low plays(did you really give it a chance?)

This goes beyond Godzilla (apologies for thread distraction) but I also, having now been in the hobby over two years and own 8 games - curious how people unpack, set up and then only have 100 plays on a machine??

There is nothing wrong with that! I just don't get how, I had 275 plays on Godzilla within 4 days of setting it up !!!

Honestly, all of my machines got about 500 plays just from me over the first couple months

#18995 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Question, I'm trying to update to the newest code. Signed up for insider connected, have the Wi-Fi connected, even scanned the code on the apron, but it will not let me download the update. I'm all setup online. Even logged in to Stern via the QR code. I must be missing something, but don't know what. Last time I updated I used a Flashdrive, and that was on my IMDN

Is the game registered to you account online?

#18996 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

This goes beyond Godzilla

It does go beyond Godzilla(always those guys out there) but the amount of games being sold with under 100 plays is actually astonishing to me for this title. Once Stern stops shitting them out like soft serve and demand catches up with supply-watch out(top five games of all time for me personally). Proof is in the pudding

#18997 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Is the game registered to you account online?

That was another thing I was trying to do I believe. Was trying everything last night

#18998 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:I'd just like to take a moment to say this is one of the best games EVER....nothing more.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone.
[quoted image]

I’m going to say the same. No other game has grabbed me like this game. I truly like all my games but Godzilla is just something else.
I also don’t fully understand how some games are up for sale with such low plays unless you really don’t like it or just flipping it for a few bucks. Don’t see getting rid of GZ for a long time if ever.

#18999 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It does go beyond Godzilla(always those guys out there) but the amount of games being sold with under 100 plays is actually astonishing to me for this title. Once Stern stops shitting them out like soft serve and demand catches up with supply-watch out(top five games of all time for me personally). Proof is in the pudding

I think you’re just seeing the volume of this title - there’s a lot of them out there, it had massive hype, it’s an Elwin game, it connects with a LOT of people - but not everyone. So more NIB sales = more used sales

#19000 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I imagine some guys have a hard time playing pinball all night with work, family, life, etc. I know I can't play every night and when I do it's only a few games. I don't remember the last time I played some of my other games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/380 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.