PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 548.
#18851 1 year ago

Keith said on the Loserkid podcast that this first update was really to support the upcoming PinClash event. There were a couple bugs and then some video double flip blowoff options they put in specifically for that tournament.

#18852 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It doesn’t allow the flipper drop until the yellow arrow flashes. It has always been this way.
Compensation was added a while back to allow the player to get the ball on a flipper, shoot the left spinner and still get the imposter award.

Is there a reason? I find it very annoying. Most of the time you can release the ball whenever you choose. But sometimes you have to wait for half a dozen animations to display before you can release the ball. The whole time I have no idea why the ball is being held and for how long. You can still get the imposter but feels kind of cheaty.

#18853 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Is there a reason? I find it very annoying. Most of the time you can release the ball whenever you choose. But sometimes you have to wait for half a dozen animations to display before you can release the ball. The whole time I have no idea why the ball is being held and for how long. You can still get the imposter but feels kind of cheaty.

I agree….whatever the reason its not a good thing and it’s not fun. Lol

#18854 1 year ago

It has something to do with the stacked animations. If there aren’t any, you get the flashing yellow arrow right away.

#18855 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I have that issue with magna grab not releasing the ball when I press the flippers the first couple of times. You're right, it seems to only work once the ball is settled too.

For whatever reason, the double flip to release the ball isn't available until the "Magna Grab" screen shows on the LCD. Sometimes there are other screens that come up before it so you have to wait.

#18856 1 year ago

That screen is linked to the yellow arrow at the magnet. They both happen simultaneously.

#18857 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It doesn’t allow the flipper drop until the yellow arrow flashes. It has always been this way.

Wasn't the intent to try and release so the ball drops behind the upper flipper? As others have mentioned, the ball stops swinging before it can be released.

#18858 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Wasn't the intent to try and release so the ball drops behind the upper flipper? As others have mentioned, the ball stops swinging before it can be released.

Yes. Depending on the stacked animations, the he swing will stop before you can release. Hence the compensation by allowing you to then quickly shoot the left spinner from the flipper and still get the imposter award.

#18859 1 year ago

Anyone else having problems installing the new update with the use of wifi? Right when the update is about to complete it just says v1.03 up to date. Stuck in a loop..?

#18860 1 year ago

so I had 1.2 loaded the last few months, upgrading to 1.4 right now. Will I see or hear much difference?

#18861 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Anyone else having problems installing the new update with the use of wifi? Right when the update is about to complete it just says v1.03 up to date. Stuck in a loop..?

Godzilla can update via wifi ?? My next newest Stern is a GoTG, and it cannot. Did Stern finally go wifi?

#18862 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Godzilla can update via wifi ?? My next newest Stern is a GoTG, and it cannot. Did Stern finally go wifi?

Yes with insider connected all the games that have this can pull software updates.

#18863 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yes with insider connected all the games that have this can pull software updates.

Ahhhh, yes!! A definite Duuuuhhhhh moment on my part. Gotta have wifi for insider to work

#18864 1 year ago

I was playing Godzilla yesterday. At the time, I didn’t realize there was a code update. I was in the middle of a game and suddenly lights and video started getting out of sync. The game then shuts down and does a code update. I know they’re auto updating but I didn’t expect this in mid game. Anyone else experience this?

#18865 1 year ago

You can change the settings to not automatically update..mine is set to download automatically, but not install automatically.

Quoted from jellomandolin:

I was playing Godzilla yesterday. At the time, I didn’t realize there was a code update. I was in the middle of a game and suddenly lights and video started getting out of sync. The game then shuts down and does a code update. I know they’re auto updating but I didn’t expect this in mid game. Anyone else experience this?

#18866 1 year ago
Quoted from jellomandolin:

I turn off the auto-updates and just do it when I want. I also prefer downloading to a USB stick and doing it manually.

#18867 1 year ago

Does anyone know the callout # for “shoot the wamps” ?

#18868 1 year ago

Edit: Problem solved. Missed a screw.

#18869 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So I unplugged my IC scanner and booted the game up and got a node 4 missing error. I know other games that didn’t come with IC don’t get this without a scanner on them is this specific to games that came factory with I ? Anyone ever removed IC from a Godzilla.
If I plug it back in the error goes away and boots no issues.
[quoted image]

I just posted about this over in the IC thread. I get that node 4 missing error on boot, but it does go away.

Is the latest Godzilla code forcing a check for the IC node board? Mine would always blink for a few minutes and then usually come on. When I updated last night to 1.04 I had to unplug it to get the other node boards to update since it got stuck on finding it. Now if I startup with it plugged in it won't detect the other node boards, and if I leave it unplugged it complains that node board 4 is not found but plays fine.

#18871 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ended up with this “LE” translite (not backglass & not made by Stern) that I was going to use on my premium when I got it, but plans changed and I didn’t end up with a GZ Prem. I was thinking of getting a lit frame/box to display it but i would also consider trading it for something I could use on Elvira EHOH.
Note the translite looks a little dull in the photo as it has a protective film on it that needs to be peeled off before installing, it is very glossy underneath the protective layer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice. PM me for the address to send it to.

#18872 1 year ago

I've got my eyes on a Godzilla Premium, just waiting for my bonus to hit in march. Does anyone know if it is worth it to pick up the maintenance kit listed in the manual? if so, where can I find it?

2023-02-10 23_18_22-T6 Operation and Parts Manual - Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf — Mozilla Firefox (resized).png2023-02-10 23_18_22-T6 Operation and Parts Manual - Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf — Mozilla Firefox (resized).png
#18873 1 year ago
Quoted from sdchoni:

I've got my eyes on a Godzilla Premium, just waiting for my bonus to hit in march. Does anyone know if it is worth it to pick up the maintenance kit listed in the manual? if so, where can I find it?
[quoted image]

For 99% of the cleaning, just isopropyl alcohol on a fiber is all you need (just do not get it under the printed plastics).
novus is just wives tales, not formulated for cleaning, it is a polisher but for plastics. it will polish (cleaning is just a secondary effect as you polish) if applied by machine or it will scratch and leave your pf very cloudy and damaged if used incorrectly or used by hand.
Try it, and then use a flashlight on the area you use novus on and enjoy your freshly made swirl marks on your pf clear coat. In just a few dozen cleaning sessions more your pf will be so scratched that will lose its shine. It is gradual and most people do not notice. If you know paint, you do notice

yikes now I am going down the polishing rabbit hole and I did this before once... not gonna debate with anyone about using novus or not. do what you want. lol

in reality people should learn how to polish paint if the intention is to keep your pf shining like if it was new.
Good luck.

#18874 1 year ago
Quoted from sdchoni:

[quoted image]

No. Don’t get that. For cleaning, read Vids guide on this site.

For rubber rings, buy Titan silicon ones at some point.

For extra balls, buy from Ball Baron or some source other than Stern.

For fuses and flipper rebuild kits, you really shouldn’t need those anytime soon, and if you did, you would just buy them then.

The only thing you might want to get are the pinballlife coil stops, as the Stern ones will degrade, but even that you can wait. And, you likely want a couple of small washers to put in the coil sleeve of the bridge mech to prevent it from hitting the plastic. You should do that on day one or two. All of these issues can be found by searching this thread or the key notes.

And, if you have any other difficulties, just post here, and we’ll help you out.

#18875 1 year ago

Stern, I’m so disappointed in you. Haven’t you read vids guide? Novus has its place but is a cleaner and polish, not a wax.

#18876 1 year ago

Just noticed something while playing the latest update:
While in attract mode, I saw, "In memoriam, Dean Grover, "The Reaper".
First time I've seen that. Nice tribute to one of the good guys.

#18877 1 year ago

Put in pinstadiums as GZ is too dark for my poor eyes. Pricey but really amazing result.

20230211_194122 (resized).jpg20230211_194122 (resized).jpg
#18878 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Who did you order it from? I am
Hoping to get one of the Feb run games

Lucked into a local place that had a customer cancel their order. Game was in hand already.

#18879 1 year ago

Hey guys just joined the club back in December. Love the game no issues at all until a few days ago. I have a sling that is randomly firing, any ideas what is causing this?

#18880 1 year ago
Quoted from Redghost:

Hey guys just joined the club back in December. Love the game no issues at all until a few days ago. I have a sling that is randomly firing, any ideas what is causing this?

The leaf switch being too close together would be my guess.

#18881 1 year ago

Redghost it sounds like you need to adjust the switch on that sling- take a look at it- I use a switch adjuster tool -

#18882 1 year ago
Quoted from Redghost:

Check the gap on the leaf switches, had slings in the past do this and that’s what it’s always been for me. If the contacts are too close, any other vibrations cause the slings to trigger.

#18883 1 year ago
Quoted from Redghost:

The leaf switches likely need adjusting. If you're unfamiliar with how to adjust them, there some posts in this thread on the topic as well as plenty of You Tube videos. I adjust from underneath the playfield but some folks adjust from above. Very common issue.

EDIT: Folks beat me to it...

#18884 1 year ago
Quoted from Redghost:

Could also be the band is too tight against the face of the sling…try working the tension to give a hair more slack to the coil/switch side…but yeah, like other stated…leaf switch.

#18885 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. Had no idea there was a switch adjustment tool.

#18886 1 year ago

Weird. during a game it restarted. On code 1.03. That ever happen to anyone else before?

Edit. I think game was in the middle of downloading an update while I was playing.

#18887 1 year ago
Quoted from Redghost:

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. Had no idea there was a switch adjustment tool.

This is what you're looking for. Super handy, throw one in with your next order or when you grab coil stops if you don't already have them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#18888 1 year ago

I've got a weird issue going on where it looks like kaiju battle, godzilla powerup and summon ally are all lit. It feels like it happened after I updated to 1.04. I noticed what smelled like a hot plastic smell when I opened the coin door, so I pulled the plug on the light array there and I haven't had any other issues and the smell hasn't come back. I ran all diagnostics and checked all of the connections to the node board and and there is nothing to report.

Also, after applying the update, I feel like it has gone back to install 1.04 at least twice, which I also find weird. I have noticed this after a reset and not mid-game or anything.

Any one have any thoughts on what to do next to diagnose?

#18889 1 year ago

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Godzilla? Anyone have any links to buy?

#18890 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Godzilla? Anyone have any links to buy?

There are key chains in the goodie bag.

#18891 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I had some in my goodie bag as Chuck mentions. But ended up 3D printing myself a couple just for fun. Easy project if you have a printer or a friend with one.
IMG_1771 (resized).JPGIMG_1771 (resized).JPG

#18892 1 year ago

Does anyone know about the February build for GZ? I am supposed to have one of the February allocations, but my dealer has not heard anything from Stern at this point. I don't know if they started shipping or will be going out later this month. Thanks

#18893 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday. After playing on location and following this thread I had to have one. 9C89501B-FBB3-44C8-949F-0FCEED80358A (resized).jpeg9C89501B-FBB3-44C8-949F-0FCEED80358A (resized).jpeg

#18894 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Joined the club yesterday. After playing on location and following this thread I had to have one. [quoted image]

Wow. Still NIB LE's floating around. Don't even want to know how much you paid for that.

#18895 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I always switch out my locks to keyless ones.

#18896 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Joined the club yesterday. After playing on location and following this thread I had to have one. [quoted image]

Quoted from SimplePin:

Wow. Still NIB LE's floating around. Don't even want to know how much you paid for that.

Ya wow is right!

#18897 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Put in pinstadiums as GZ is too dark for my poor eyes. Pricey but really amazing result.
[quoted image]

Which pin stadiums did you end up getting looks great

#18898 1 year ago

Hey, Gang!

I just joined the club with a Premium and need some help with two topics, please.

1) What is the Godzilla magnet "supposed" to do?

Mine never really does much. At the point of time in which it tells me to "press both buttons to release ball to the left lane", I am assuming that you're supposed to drop the ball to the left of the upper flipper. Is that correct? If so, mine never gets far enough left to make that possible. It always drops well to the right of the upper flipper. I have made sure that the machine is drop-dead level and that the magnet can freely spin (it was completely tight and would not move at all). Any thoughts on this one?

2) More often than not (talking 85% of the time here) it fails to recognize the balls when they enter the building. Eventually, the machine will go into ball search and find it and then the VUK will lift it (and usually results in it running down a wireform and not even storing it on top of the building). I took the opto at the bottom of the VUK out, cleaned it, and verified that it does indeed work as expected. Has anyone else experienced/fixed this?

Thanks!

#18899 1 year ago

the magnet drops the ball to the right of the upper flipper, ostensibly so you can shoot the upper loop

#18900 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Hey, Gang!
I just joined the club with a Premium and need some help with two topics, please.
1) What is the Godzilla magnet "supposed" to do?
Mine never really does much. At the point of time in which it tells me to "press both buttons to release ball to the left lane", I am assuming that you're supposed to drop the ball to the left of the upper flipper. Is that correct? If so, mine never gets far enough left to make that possible. It always drops well to the right of the upper flipper. I have made sure that the machine is drop-dead level and that the magnet can freely spin (it was completely tight and would not move at all). Any thoughts on this one?
2) More often than not (talking 85% of the time here) it fails to recognize the balls when they enter the building. Eventually, the machine will go into ball search and find it and then the VUK will lift it (and usually results in it running down a wireform and not even storing it on top of the building). I took the opto at the bottom of the VUK out, cleaned it, and verified that it does indeed work as expected. Has anyone else experienced/fixed this?
Thanks!

There's some posts on here about problem 2 and how to fix it. I had the same issue and ended up putting washers between the mechanism and the backboard. Seems like ball was getting stuck in the small gap and this tilts the mech so ball does not get stuck.

That was a pita to do but seems to work perfectly now.
Washers would be 2 at the top and 1 on the second spot where it's attached and none at the bottom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/378 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.