gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dboeren.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16792 1 year ago

Just picked up our Godzilla Premium w/ Tokyo Neon mod over the weekend, so I'm in the club now

Planning on doing the sleal16 saucer once he's back and I bought a Neca Godzilla figure to upgrade the little green guy. Now I just have to learn the rules!

1 week later
#17127 1 year ago

I have the rattley plunger issue and I've already added the 3d printed ABE Flips piece but it's still rattley. What else should I do?

1 week later
#17414 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Thanks. But I have to say that I curse destruction jackpot more than anything else. Just seems like if I try at all the ball drains within 10 seconds.

The one code "fix" I'd like to see in Godzilla is a 1-2 second ballsaver for the Destruction Jackpot. Many times I've seen it happen where I miss the shot, it goes halfway up the right ramp, then straight down the drain. It's not a fun shot if your incentive is to not go for it.

Is there any adjustment in the software for this?

#17418 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The adjustment is: PLAY BETTER!

Yeah, working on it... I'm at 1.1B so far.

#17476 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

To be clear:
I wasn't saying they need to change the code or anything else like that. I was just saying that the DJ is my least favorite thing about the game. I would call myself a mediocre-skilled player. I am sure there is more I could do to get better. The DJ is not my strong suit.

Try this... When the DJ shot is coming up, hold the left flipper button down halfway (it's a 2-stage button). This will give you a bit faster reaction speed when the ball drops and more closely match your flipper intuition to a normal lower flipper shot. Since I discovered this idea, I've been hitting a higher percentage of my DJ shots and I hope it may help you as well.

#17500 1 year ago

The biggest problem I'm having with Godzilla is trying to figure out what pinball to buy next that is worthy to stand next to it. Where do you go from here?

#17509 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

It's really the best one there is. But I do like and recommend all from my current line-up!
- Deadpool if you like the theme, mostly non-punishing gameplay, easily-understood objectives
- Jurassic Park if you want more challenge than GZ but similar kinds of depth, chained-shots, feel
- PotC LE if you have $20k to send my way...
[quoted image]

Definitely don't have the budget for POTC LE, and if I did I'd rather use it to get two good pinballs I've played a bit of Jurassic and Deadpool. Jurassic was pretty good but didn't feel that open in what to shoot for like GZ (to be fair, maybe I just don't know the rules well enough yet though?) and a bit on the sharpshooter side. Deadpool I'm not that big on the theme but I recognize it's a good game and might be a contender as a less expensive Pro model.

Quoted from Days:

Maybe you will not find better, but, you can find DIFFERENT, what about having other pinballs in your collection that gives different feelings?
I think is the best option. Jurassik Park, Iron Maiden, LOTR, STNG, Hobbit, will give you quite different feelings to have diversity on your games, and, that's very nice. I have Iron Maiden and Godzilla, and it's nice to see that it's completely different way of play and different sensations.

Right now I have Godzilla, Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, World Cup Soccer, and White Water. I definitely agree that you want diversity. LOTR is on my list to check out, we're going to visit the grandparents for Christmas and there's one not far from them I can play. Also looking at a couple of JJP titles and interested to see what Nordman will be putting out for American Pinball too, plus there's the next Stern announcement in March and Scooby - all of which we know little to nothing about yet. I'm trying to keep it about $10k and under, which cuts out a few that I might otherwise consider like Elvira: HoH.

Not every game can be the best ever and that's fair, just looking for some other top-shelf options to consider. I'm not a fan of rock band themed pins either, so that's been an impediment since it seems like half the new machines are music pins these days.

#17518 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

The best thing about the Deadpool pin is that they used the comic assets and NOT the film. It's already aged much better and translates easier than had they used the film. Movie is a fun romp, 4th wall breaking paradise but the pin is best on the comic. I would say oddly enough the Deadpool theme might be the single best pinball theme that resonates with me.
I'm not into comic books and mostly stopped watching the Marvel movies a few years ago as they are just cash grabs and made for 14 year olds. But Deadpool as a character is great (I think? lol). I love the heavy-handed humor, vulgar style, anti-hero vibe he has going. Couple that with the comic art style, along with 16-bit 90s-era video game graphics with a great soundtrack and the Deadpool pin is a banger.
So many pins phone-home design, art and wrap it around a playfield that was probably on paper 10+ years ago in some notebook. Deadpool feels like a real work of art in every way. Great voice acting, great design, great art, great music and pulling it all with all of those together while having a great playing pin is quite a mountain to climb. I don't think it deserves to be higher than 7 on the pinside top 100 but I bet if it was a more classic themed pin with that gameplay it would probably be like 4-5 all-time. I think the Deadpool pin isn't love or hate it though, I think "most" people enjoy it but for a large chunk of the pinball enthusiast consumer-base, they didn't grow up with snarky banter, 16-bit anti-heroes.
Deadpool will probably climb on the all-time over the next 10 years as the buyer-base age demographic shifts more to GenX and away from Boomers. I suspect thats also why there are rumors about a He-Man Masters of the Universe pin, why we just saw Scooby Doo drop etc etc.. GenX buyers are starting to become the focus of the market. I think themes like Bond etc from the 60s will slowly become a thing of the past and you're going to see a lot more 70s/80s/90s themed pins emerge ... or... modern themed pins with retro GenX vibes to them.
Example, Deadpool.

Thanks for the excellent write-up, much appreciated! I guess I owe Deadpool another look then - I've kind of glossed over it due to not being into the movies but the few times I've played it it seemed good even without knowing the rules and the 2d side scrolling battles are pretty cool, I used to play games like that back in the 80's. I don't mind superheroes in general, but most of the superhero pins out there don't impress me for various reasons.

One more question - in your opinion is Deadpool one where you need the Premium or does the Pro give you 95% of what you need?

#17537 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Since I only have room and approval for 2 pins I feel your pain. GZ is just so damn good it’s a big ask to live next to it.
I’m leaning towards either Scooby once I see gameplay or waiting to see what AP has in the wings. I also keep thinking a MMr would go nicely next to GZ for a different experience…

Scooby looks cool but we have no idea about gameplay - I hope there’s a good gameplay video soon but the line is so long now too. I’m with you on American, I have faith in Nordman putting out something good.

#17556 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I was wondering, do medium skilled players actually manage to unlock monsters in GZ? I am wondering if I just totally suck playing pinball but I can barely defeat one monster in a 5 ball game. I thought I was ok-ish, having reached LITZ or destroyed the ring or beat CV.
I squealed of joy when I once defeated Ebirah.
How does one actually unlock one of the locked monsters? Must one defeat all unlocked ones first in one game? If so, it’s hopeless for me.

It shouldn't be that hard, and you can restart battles with your progress saved by shooting the scoop. If you get a powerup, choose +20 seconds in a Level 1 Kaiju battle, that will help.

If lock is lit, pick Gigan and you can loop the right ramp to defeat him. If you have any multiball ready to go, pick Titanosaurus and with balls flying around you'll probably get him without much specific effort.

#17559 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

for example, adjusting the ball guide by the magnet for the left ramp makes it significantly smoother

I’d like to know about this adjustment, the ball rattles and falls out of the left ramp too often on mine.

1 week later
#17850 1 year ago

For a lot of games I feel the Pro is a very good choice and not losing much. Godzilla though is one where I would definitely want the Premium.

#17886 1 year ago

It’s easier to find a Deadpool for sale than a TNA, just lots more of them out there.

#17931 1 year ago

Some old games are cheaper, but many of the better WPC era games cost as much as a brand new machine. I’d like a Tales of the Arabian Nights for instance but that’s about 12-13k!

#17978 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I noticed that for whatever reason (mass of the shooter end piece or different springs?) the Mothra shooter rod makes it much easier to hit that horseshoe skill shot, at least on our machine.

It may be the new rod fits tighter. When I changed to a different rod my skill shot improved in consistency too and putting it in I noticed it was a tighter fit. Mass may have something to do with it too.

#18115 1 year ago

You don't want your balls to magnetize, because then they will stick to each other or to metal parts of the game causing problems such as failing to be ejected from scoops, the ball trough, etc...

So for Godzilla and other games with magnets, you should just use normal balls. For games without magnets (for instance, Attack From Mars), you can use the shiny chrome balls if you want to, but it's also fine to just use the standard balls with all your games.

#18166 1 year ago

I’d like to see a King of the Monsters practice mode added. I haven’t got there yet but when I do I’d like to know what to do instead of panicking in confusion

#18240 1 year ago

If you get a SJ in Godzilla Multiball then Monster Zero is your Level 4 powerup. If you get a SJ in Mechagodzilla Multiball then Terror of Mechagodzilla is your Level 4 powerup.

I don't know for sure what happens if you get both, I'm guessing you have a choice of either one.

If you get neither, then I don't think you can collect the level 4 powerup until you get one or the other. This happened to me early on when learning the game but now it's been easy to have a SJ in time, usually in Godzilla MB.

#18349 1 year ago

Yes, that level is just the kind you want. And I agree w/ Hayfarmer, you crawl under the pin, lift it up with your back, and do one leg at a time. It speeds things up if you have a 2nd person to read the level for you so you don't have to keep crawling in and out to check it yourself.

When leveling, I recommend measuring sideways across the back, sideways across the front, and then set the slope. 6.5 degrees is good for most machines. Remember that you have to measure on the playfield, not the glass. If you can't get the level too far in the back due to ramps and stuff getting in the way just do the best you can.

#18352 1 year ago

Word from this bird is, you've got an extra pinball machine!

#18354 1 year ago

My Godzilla Premium came without an instruction card, what are some good ones I can download and print?

Thanks!

#18358 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

I bought this to remove cards AND 'godzilla' name that appear already on playfield + Backbox
https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/godzilla-premium-le-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

I may not keep it in all the time, and yes it does cover up some art, but for when friends come over who aren't pinball fanatics I like to have the instruction cards available for them.

1 week later
#18521 1 year ago

The King Ghidorah looks great, it's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for if only it wasn't so small. I feel like I can't put a 4" tall King Ghidorah next to my 6" tall Gigan mounted nearby without it looking like a dwarf.

I think I'm going to give up on the idea of fitting a King Ghidorah on the playfield, get a 6" Megalon figure to fill that spot instead, and use my King Ghidorah fig as a small topper.

#18555 1 year ago

This is called a captive ball. When you hit the magna-grab, the ball is struck and moves up to hit a sensor. If you don't hit it hard enough, it won't make the sensor and the hit isn't detected.

#18564 1 year ago

That sounds like the cooling fan to me. If the sound is bothersome, you can get a quiet replacement fan from Pin Monk. I have a Godzilla where you can hear the fan come on every couple minutes but right next to it I have a TMNT that the prior owner had put the silent fan in it and I've never been able to hear it. Definitely going to get one for Godzilla too at some point.

#18653 1 year ago

Prime and paint is the way to go over colored plastic, you'll get a much better looking end product. Looking forward to trying it out!

#18679 1 year ago

I like those JP blades. If I ever get a JP I'd probably go with those too.

#18766 1 year ago

Has anyone seen both the Myth and Cointaker versions to compare? I'm considering getting a set at some point but didn't know if either one was superior to the other. I'd be getting the cityscape option either way.

Thanks!

#18774 1 year ago

I'm glad they're adding some extra gameplay modes, that's really the one area that Godzilla currently falls short.

#18819 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Does new code have challenge modes?

No, from the readme it just seems to be a couple of bug fixes, some added lights, and allowing you to press both flippers to dismiss secret combo messages. No new gameplay stuff, I guess that's for 1.0.5.

1 week later
#19002 1 year ago

Everyone is in different situations and has different tastes. Some need money, some need room, some just like rotating games frequently. There are a LOT of Godzillas made so that contributes too, but it's not because of anything bad about the game. If someone has to sell, let their loss be your gain

#19027 1 year ago

I've got 6 pins. Godzilla is good for when I want a long strategic game. TMNT when I want to be slapped around for a short while. Other games fall in between and I've tried to have a variety of different designers and layouts.

1 year later
#27183 19 days ago

You can restrict it to a time window, I put my TMNT to a 1-minute window at like 3 or 4am when it will never be on.

#27202 18 days ago

Not sure what you're really asking, those two games are nothing alike.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dboeren.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=dboeren and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.