tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 234.
#7101 6 years ago

Very cool...

#7102 6 years ago

Very cool!!

#7103 6 years ago

My cleaning lady broke my tron girl translate now it is damaged beyond repair. Does anybody have a new one for a reasonable price?

#7104 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

My cleaning lady broke my tron girl translate now it is damaged beyond repair. Does anybody have a new one for a reasonable price?

Yes, I can get you a new cleaning lady fairly cheaply.

#7105 6 years ago

I am sorry to hear about your translite PeterG. They are still available but not sure about a reasonable price. I feel kinda bad commenting but TimeBandit's post left me almost rolling on the floor laughing.

#7106 6 years ago

Which scoop protector is easier to install? The cliffy or the mantis? Both are probably relatively not that hard Id imagine.

#7107 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

My cleaning ladies are forbidden from even entering the game room area....windex and bleach based cleaners? No way....main levels only for them.....

#7108 6 years ago

Light cycles are done, I have the outer lanes and ramp shots tied to the wheelie mechs for each. Here is a tease for the next mod.

tron_recognizer.giftron_recognizer.gif

#7109 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50077

#7110 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Sorry to hear that. Did it get broken or cracked while cleaning or was it cleaning scrubbing or products that ruined it?

#7111 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Light cycles are done, I have the outer lanes and ramp shots tied to the wheelie mechs for each. Here is a tease for the next mod.

You have my interest.... go on do tell more

#7112 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

So my right ramp broke, with the Cliffy "protector" installed. Any advice on sourcing a replacement and avoiding having this happen again? Broke at the entrance on the left side. I noticed there is nothing supporting the protector at the base. This stuff was not installed me and was there when I bought the game.

So my ramp is still broken and I'm really hesitant to buy a replace just to have it break again. The right ramp Cliffy protector isn't anchored anywhere so the only protection it provides is just to distribute the whacks to a larger surface area of the plastic.

I am testing a homegrown improvement to the protector. I am using a bicycle spoke, cut to size, to provide lateral support to the ramp entrance protector. I drilled a slightly smaller hole for the wire post at the base of the ramp and hammered it in place as seen below:
ramp1 (resized).jpgramp1 (resized).jpg

Then I installed the protector around the post and used a nut and screw to attach the top:
ramp2 (resized).jpgramp2 (resized).jpg

The key to making this work is drilling the hole so the post is all the way at the end of the protector and making sure the hole is the proper size for a tight fit. I tested the hole size on some scrap hardwood.

I've had this in place for about a week and so far, so good.

#7113 6 years ago

I miss Lamp...

#7114 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I miss Lamp...

Me too. cFlank was the flag runner with lightening kitty, I want lamp back, I love lamp

#7115 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I miss Lamp...

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want lamp back, I love lamp

Lamp + Tron = Gem's Umbrella

IMG_4488 (resized).JPGIMG_4488 (resized).JPG

#7116 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This thinking I like...ALOT...

#7117 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This thinking I like...ALOT...

I don't often like the idea of movie spin off's but I would have sat an watched a Gem spin off

#7118 6 years ago

I concur. I make no effort to hide the fact that I am totally enamored with Gem. The music for her mode puts me in a nice groove. I have discovered the most satisfying shot in all pinball is to get Gem started, then Quorra, then nail the combo to complete them both with one shot. Yessssss.

#7119 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't often like the idea of movie spin off's but I would have sat an watched a Gem spin off

Ditto...

#7120 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I concur. I make no effort to hide the fact that I am totally enamored with Gem. The music for her mode puts me in a nice groove. I have discovered the most satisfying shot in all pinball is to get Gem started, then Quorra, then nail the combo to complete them both with one shot. Yessssss.

My only complaint is there is not enough Gem in the pin or the movie. Luckily I plan on adding some more of her via pinball browser she had a couple cool lines in the film that would sound awesome in the pin.

Would love to add:

Sam: What am I supposed to do!?
Gem: Survive!

At the beginning of a ball or possibly if the option is there and I'm flailing and haven't hit a switch.

#7121 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My cleaning ladies are forbidden from even entering the game room area....windex and bleach based cleaners? No way....main levels only for them.....

Yeah I would never let them in my pinball room. No way, they have broken lots of my Star Wars rare statues in the past too!

#7122 6 years ago

Hey guys so I finally got my Tron HUO LE up and running. It kept resetting and rebooting when I first hooked it up. I went over every single wire and did not see any loose connections. I think it may be my outlet, or even the reset button the CPU board, Im not sure, but it hasn't done it in the last 24 hours. I updated to the newest firmware from version 1.0! Anyways, this unit has never been played, so I used some product called

Wizard wax (https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-11033-Master-Polish-Sealant/dp/B005ZH10O8/ref=sr_1_1)

on the play field. Someone else on the forum recommended It. So I rubbed it in with a microfiber towel. How do you get into those tough areas underneath the ramps?? Anything someone can suggest. I think it looks much better, much more clean then before. Im about to install that mini cab mod, but Im scared, never done this kind of work before, Im new to pinball
Thanks!

Mo!

#7123 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes, I can get you a new cleaning lady fairly cheaply.

Believe it or not, my best cleaning person was some guy when I was living in Chicago.. not a cleaning lady! He was awesome, he cleaned literally everything, every 5 mins he would go outside, smoke down a cigarette then come back and clean like crazy. great guy.

#7124 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd watch Gem spin on anything...

#7125 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys so I finally got my Tron HUO LE up and running. It kept resetting and rebooting when I first hooked it up. I went over every single wire and did not see any loose connections. I think it may be my outlet, or even the reset button the CPU board, Im not sure, but it hasn't done it in the last 24 hours. I updated to the newest firmware from version 1.0! Anyways, this unit has never been played, so I used some product called
Wizard wax (amazon.com link »
on the play field. Someone else on the forum recommended It. So I rubbed it in with a microfiber towel. How do you get into those tough areas underneath the ramps?? Anything someone can suggest. I think it looks much better, much more clean then before. Im about to install that mini cab mod, but Im scared, never done this kind of work before, Im new to pinball
Thanks!
Mo!

Hey Mo

Never used that product so don't know anything about it but someone here will. As for the hard to reach areas under the ramps, the best way to clean and if you want to wax that area is remove the ramps. As for the arcade mod, it should have instructions with it? if not I can email you a set, its real easy though you will be surprised how easy it is to do so don't sweat it, the other thing to remember is whenever you doing anything that requires dismantling or removing parts take photos for reference each step, that way if you get side tracked like I often do by my kids and forget where that one nut/screw came from and goes back, you can reference photos, its what I used to do the first time I ever did something I hadn't done before, got me out of a few screws ups

#7126 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'd watch Gem spin on anything...

Solid logic there....I'm with you....

#7127 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How do you get into those tough areas underneath the ramps??

Get some nice long forceps and clamp to a rag. You can use it to push and pull the rag around.

forceps (resized).jpgforceps (resized).jpg

#7128 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

She truly is stunning!

#7129 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Get some nice long forceps and clamp to a rag. You can use it to push and pull the rag around.

I've got a couple of small, wooden dowels that help me do the same thing....I like your approach though, as it grabs the rag...have to pickup a couple pair of those...

#7130 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

The most satisfying get Gem , then Quorra, then nail them both

That's how I read your post...hehe

#7131 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got a couple of small, wooden dowels that help me do the same thing....I like your approach though, as it grabs the rag...have to pickup a couple pair of those...

Yup I will too! Tron and met have ramps in my way hell all the dmd games.

#7132 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm way late to the game but I'm finally picking up in amazing condition Tron. It's the pro model and factory so looking for any first thing to do advice. I.e. Any updates I need to ensure I get or things to look out for. Also if anyone has advice or extra mods I should add that are relatively inexpensive at this moment please lmk through pm. As you all know if I got this I've already spent a pretty dime let me put some days together before I tell my wife I'm buying $300 lighted cycles or something. Thanks

Jimmy

#7133 6 years ago

First thing to do, read this entire thread...

#7134 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Hi everyone. I'm way late to the game but I'm finally picking up in amazing condition Tron. It's the pro model and factory so looking for any first thing to do advice. I.e. Any updates I need to ensure I get or things to look out for. Also if anyone has advice or extra mods I should add that are relatively inexpensive at this moment please lmk through pm. As you all know if I got this I've already spent a pretty dime let me put some days together before I tell my wife I'm buying $300 lighted cycles or something. Thanks
Jimmy

Update to the newest code if it doesn't have it. My HUO LE with zero plays had version 1.0. Updating made a huge difference!

#7135 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

First thing to do, read this entire thread...

Theres a lot of fluff in those 143 pages

#7136 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Update to the newest code if it doesn't have it. My HUO LE with zero plays had version 1.0. Updating made a huge difference!

I am sure I'll be in the same boat, I'll be updating while I install the arcade mod and a couple others

#7137 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Theres a lot of fluff in those 143 pages

OK, here's a list of what's in my machine... start with the El Ramps and Arcade mod and slowly work your way through the list until your savings account runs out

LED-OCD:
1. Led-ocd board
2. Light board that ties topper and speaker lights into EL wire ramps

Pinbits:
1. Game Interactive EL Lighted Ramps
2. Colored plastic protectors

Misc upgrades:
1. Chrome armor with Lollipops side rails
2. Lighted Flynn Sign
3. Arcade mod
4. Color DMD
5. Game Interactive Speaker Light Kit
6. Speaker Emblems
7. 3D Translite
8. Clu translite
9. Girls Translite
10. LED's through out the machine
11. Cointaker Red Tremer Shaker Motor
12. Game Interactive Under Cabinet Flasher Kit
13. Pingraffix Mirror Blade Skins Panels
14. External Sub
15. Orange/Blue Illuminated flipper buttons
16. Chrome shooter rod

Hooked on Pinball:
1. Lighted Light cycles
2. Chrome Pop Caps
3. Caster Zuse with El wire cane
4. Gem Figure
5. Clu Figure
6. Light up Recognizer
7. Game Interactive Chrome Apron

Laseriffic
1 Game Interactive Topper - tied to game ramps and speaker lights

file-2 (resized).jpegfile-2 (resized).jpeg

#7138 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am sure I'll be in the same boat, I'll be updating while I install the arcade mod and a couple others

My Stern was very picky. I tried 3 different USB drives before it finally recognized one. Weird. Must have to be an older USB drive or something. On a side note, my Star Wars LE is coming. What is really really dumb is how they changed the power switch from underneath the front of the machine to the underneath the head! I mean, so dumb! I have all my machines setup next to each other, now I need a stick to turn it on , because I can' squeeze my body between them to turn it on.

#7139 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My Stern was very picky. I tried 3 different USB drives before it finally recognized one. Weird. Must have to be an older USB drive or something. On a side note, my Star Wars LE is coming. What is really really dumb is how they changed the power switch from underneath the front of the machine to the underneath the head! I mean, so dumb! I have all my machines setup next to each other, now I need a stick to turn it on , because I can' squeeze my body between them to turn it on.

Out of the dozen or so Sterns I have owned I have only had one that was fussy about what USB stick it would recognise. The TRON LE should leave NJ next month so hopefully I'll have ever by early October

Yeah the new power button is abit of a nuisance, luckily I am just under 6'2 so I can reach the new button easily but I still always go to the old location first out of habit.

#7140 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the club.

Eli's ramps are the best mod you can put in your game. Hands down.

However, if you are trying to budget it out, Pinbits protectors, and specific colored LEDs in the GI. If you do LEDs in the inserts you also need to add the OCD board (you MUST), so just doing the GI adds a nice color without the extra expense. The colored protectors from Pinbits give nice accents. Toss in mirror blades if you have the spare cash and call it a day until you can get the ramp lights.

#7141 6 years ago

Who makes/sells the best Recognizer mod?

#7142 6 years ago

thanks all. Helpful info. Gorilla up there obviously has way too much money and time think LEDs, lighted ramps and protectors all the way around will be my first stop. Appreciate the feedback!

#7143 6 years ago

pinbits is out of the ramp kit. Anyone know where else to get one?

#7144 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Check back in a few days. They restock it.

Edit: you can also email them and see if they have a kit on hand but just haven't updated the site.

#7145 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

I will have my version back in stock next week.

http://redshiftled.com.au/products.php

#7146 6 years ago

Hey guys, I just got a shaker motor for my Tron LE. I've never installed one before, seems a little bit overwhelming. It came with instructions, but does someone know of a video out there?
Thanks!
Mo

#7147 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, I just got a shaker motor for my Tron LE. I've never installed one before, seems a little bit overwhelming. It came with instructions, but does someone know of a video out there?
Thanks!
Mo

It's actually very simple. This should help.

#7148 6 years ago

TRON you may have to drill the holes in the cabinet bottom though, right?

#7149 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

TRON you may have to drill the holes in the cabinet bottom though, right?

Mine already had everything ready to go from factory.

#7150 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Mine already had everything ready to go from factory.

Oh rock on!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.