20240704_133814 (resized).jpg
20240704_133811 (resized).jpg
IMG_6514 (resized).png
IMG_1045 (resized).jpeg
tron (resized).png
IMG_0297 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240506_102246 (resized).jpg
Tron Pro “Cliffy Mod” (resized).jpeg
There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 235.
#11651 83 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Is that Jason's in PBG?

No - this one was not from PBG.

1 week later
#11652 73 days ago

Been quiet around here, so figured I’d stir the pot…anyone else modify their arcade scoop cliffy like this?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/176161

Tron Pro “Cliffy Mod” (resized).jpegTron Pro “Cliffy Mod” (resized).jpeg
#11653 73 days ago

Do you mean the little notch on the right where the ball rolls for the skill shot? That’s how my cliffy came made.

#11654 73 days ago

Yup, how it's made!

Screenshot_20240506_102246 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240506_102246 (resized).jpg
#11655 72 days ago

Ahhh, well that explains why I often struggle to drop in there! The cliffy on my LE is a standard version, without that unique cut out, so the ball often gets hung up on that bump in the road and requires nudging that is rarely effective.

Glad the playfield has been protected all these years before I owned it, but I will definitely be making that critical mod before getting back on the grid!

#11656 72 days ago

Anyone has a Tron Pro NOS playfield they want to part with ?

2 weeks later
#11657 52 days ago

I just bought the Kicker CSC44 speakers for my JPP, but I figured that ill buy 5.25" instead. Could I use the kickers on my Tron? Do I need something more?

#11658 48 days ago
Quoted from LittlePinner:

I just bought the Kicker CSC44 speakers for my JPP, but I figured that ill buy 5.25" instead. Could I use the kickers on my Tron? Do I need something more?

You can put them in, they will give you a little better sound.

Something about Tron legacy sound processing…. The audio files are very compressed, the Sam audio system cannot use high fidelity audio files, so no matter how much money we throw at the sound system in this pin, we will only ever hear compressed audio files that are limited. (Unless you purchase a pinsound board and build the audio files yourself ) I have not done the pinsound board, but I do have hifi speakers and an extra sub and a separate audio amp to power the cabinet speakers and a car audio amp to power the extra sub. The music is loud and thumps with my custom audio files for the machine, but…. It’s all compressed and lacks perfect clarity

#11659 45 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You can put them in, they will give you a little better sound.
Something about Tron legacy sound processing…. The audio files are very compressed, the Sam audio system cannot use high fidelity audio files, so no matter how much money we throw at the sound system in this pin, we will only ever hear compressed audio files that are limited. (Unless you purchase a pinsound board and build the audio files yourself ) I have not done the pinsound board, but I do have hifi speakers and an extra sub and a separate audio amp to power the cabinet speakers and a car audio amp to power the extra sub. The music is loud and thumps with my custom audio files for the machine, but…. It’s all compressed and lacks perfect clarity

Hopefully if (when) Stern does TRON Legacy remastered it will have the new Spike system so the pin gets the sound quality it deserves

#11660 43 days ago

Stern has two versions of Tron Pro 1.74: 00 and 02 boards. How can you tell which you have? I didn't see anything obvious on the front of the board. I'm looking to revert back from a custom rom the game has loaded.

#11661 43 days ago

Think I found it and 00 if it is this

IMG_0297 (resized).jpegIMG_0297 (resized).jpeg
#11662 42 days ago

If you are interested in the mods I created for this fantastic pinball machine, you can purchase them by contacting me via the website www.dystopicpinball.com

Fast shipping to US, Europe and Canada

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information or prices.
Thank you!
DP

tron (resized).pngtron (resized).png
#11663 37 days ago

I finally joined the club with a gorgeous Tron Legacy pro machine.

My only question is regarding the added light cycle ramp lights. My board for the lights says “matrix interceptor red shift” I have seen others with a much different lighting code display then mine. Can these board be upgraded or updated with different code? If so, how does someone go about doing that.

Loving the game. Made it to portal once after playing for close to 5 hours over the weekend. I really like the fact that it is difficult but not so crazy you have to play a game for 45 minutes to get halfway through (ie Godzilla)

IMG_1045 (resized).jpegIMG_1045 (resized).jpeg
#11664 32 days ago

I’m Looking to join the club
Can anyone help me with what the differences are between a Pro and LE?
Or can the LE differences be added to a pro?

#11665 32 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Found this also;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difference-between-tron-pro-and-tron-le

#11666 32 days ago

Thanks for that
12 year old thread so I would assume that a lot of the cosmetic improvements have been made by modders?

#11667 32 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for that
12 year old thread so I would assume that a lot of the cosmetic improvements have been made by modders?

Yes.. Hallmark cycles, Tron mini-arcade, fluorescent plastics (Pinbits type), different pinblades, minifigurines, toppers, speaker lights, speaker panel, different looking armour with/without lighting, metal pop bumpers, toys, Flynn's sign, ramp lighting (Eli's, animated, etc.), playfield mini screen and backfield screen, redesigned apron, etc., etc.

Tron is the game that supports the most modding, because it's a theme that allows for it! Not everything being equal, there's some tacky stuff out there.

#11668 32 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

There's a nice on advertised on FB in Brisbane this morning. 13.5k is about the right money too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arcadeandpinballmachinesforsaleaustralia/posts/26212261308365069/

Just needs pinwoofer and jimmy's backboard mod. Some Precision flippers and you are good to go.

#11669 31 days ago

I’m starting to plot putting a LED in my Recongnizer. For those who have done it, which insert did you wire it to?

#11670 31 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's a nice on advertised on FB in Brisbane this morning. 13.5k is about the right money too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/arcadeandpinballmachinesforsaleaustralia/posts/26212261308365069/
Just needs pinwoofer and jimmy's backboard mod. Some Precision flippers and you are good to go.

Hence why I’m asking

#11671 31 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hence why I’m asking

That has most of the best mods, cept the ones i mentioned.

Who needs a moving recogniser?

#11672 31 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I’m starting to plot putting a LED in my Recongnizer. For those who have done it, which insert did you wire it to?

I went with GI, for ease and speed. Quite like that it’s always on.

#11673 30 days ago

Fellow grid players - There's a lot of custom rom mixes for download, but most do not specify if they are for board 00 or 02. I have 00, would a 02 rom refuse to load or load and blow up my machine?

Next question, I have one loaded now for my pro with the LE callouts put in. Anyone know how they did that, was it as simple as adding in PinBrowser somewhere? Like if I downloaded the Stern 00 rom, could I just inject them there and be done?

I'll also look for some place to store all the mixes I've collected; Libations for everybody!

#11674 29 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Fellow grid players - There's a lot of custom rom mixes for download, but most do not specify if they are for board 00 or 02. I have 00, would a 02 rom refuse to load or load and blow up my machine?
Next question, I have one loaded now for my pro with the LE callouts put in. Anyone know how they did that, was it as simple as adding in PinBrowser somewhere? Like if I downloaded the Stern 00 rom, could I just inject them there and be done?
I'll also look for some place to store all the mixes I've collected; Libations for everybody!

That's exactly how I did it. I hunted through the LE ROM in Pinball Browser to find the voice call outs and extracted them. Then I found the location of the equivalent sound locations in the Pro ROM and swapped them with the LE voice call outs.

#11675 29 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That's exactly how I did it. I hunted through the LE ROM in Pinball Browser to find the voice call outs and extracted them. Then I found the location of the equivalent sound locations in the Pro ROM and swapped them with the LE voice call outs.

Awesome! I was hunting and still haven't found them in the LE rom, you happen to recall where about to look?

#11676 28 days ago

Bringing this old post back for reference if anybody wants to play around with the LE callouts in their Pro:

Ok guys here are the LE voice callout locations for the Tron awards and corresponding sound effect locations from the Pro.
LE:
Female: "Double scoring initiated" 0x16D Request 256
Male: "Double scoring is active on the grid" 0x1B1 Request 256
Female: "Pop bumpers are lit" 0x169 Request 258
Female: "Shoot spinning targets" 0x166 Request 260
Pro:
Super Pops: 0x1B Request 69
Double Scoring: 0xB1 Request 246
Super Spinners: 0xB3 Request 248
If there are additional LE Male voices for pops and spinners I haven't found them and they aren't grouped together in the same request like double scoring is.

#11677 28 days ago

Bringing this old post back for reference if anybody wants to play around with the LE callouts in their Pro:

Thanks!!! Huge help

#11678 28 days ago

Hey all, at the end of a game yesterday the moving recognizer above the three bank moved off to the far right (I’ve never seen it go that far) then just stopped. Now it doesn’t work in test or anything. Maybe the servo (is it a servo?) is dead. Anyone have this problem?

Added 25 days ago:

Bump for this question? I looked in the manual and am quite confused. Is mine maybe a mod?

#11679 25 days ago

Hi Tron clubs

I'd like to be an honorary member as I'm currently borrowing a Tron in prep for a big comp here in the UK.
I've goto give it a full health check and get it playing mean.

One issue I'm having is the scoop on the right often feeds the right sling causing chaos. I like to make my comp games hard but I prefer to have them playing properly first.

I believe it should feed the right flipper every time?

I've checked the spring, sleeve, everything snug. Also loosened mech and tried to adjust the angle but it's still inconsistent.

Any ideas on what to try next? Any pictures of the angle and curve of the vuk would be good.

#11680 24 days ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Hi Tron clubs
I'd like to be an honorary member as I'm currently borrowing a Tron in prep for a big comp here in the UK.
I've goto give it a full health check and get it playing mean.
One issue I'm having is the scoop on the right often feeds the right sling causing chaos. I like to make my comp games hard but I prefer to have them playing properly first.
I believe it should feed the right flipper every time?
I've checked the spring, sleeve, everything snug. Also loosened mech and tried to adjust the angle but it's still inconsistent.
Any ideas on what to try next? Any pictures of the angle and curve of the vuk would be good.

Is the power individually controllable on that vuk? If so, maybe mess with the power settings before changing the physical structure.

#11681 18 days ago

Can someone help me with this? The points just keep going. A terrible sound. I have a movie clip of it. Where do you guys upload it to show it here?

IMG_6514 (resized).pngIMG_6514 (resized).png
#11682 14 days ago

Hi all,

Managed to get my arcade scoop feeding the right flipper consistently.

I have a new question.

What are the correct coils? I replaced the right coil last year when a mosfet blew. Going by the manual it requires 22-1080 part no 090-5032-ND which is what I replaced it with. But the one I took out was 090-5020-30-ND which going by the manual is incorrect?

Also going by the manual the two left flippers are the wrong coils
Left in manual 23-1500 / 090-5062 ND
Left in game. 23-1100 / 090-5030 ND

Upper left in manual 23-1500 / 090-5062 ND
Upper left in game. 23-900 /. 090-5020-30 ND

Did stern change the coils in the manual, or it's an error? Or have they been changed in the game at some point?

20240704_133808 (resized).jpg20240704_133808 (resized).jpg20240704_133811 (resized).jpg20240704_133811 (resized).jpg20240704_133814 (resized).jpg20240704_133814 (resized).jpg20240704_133827 (resized).jpg20240704_133827 (resized).jpg
#11683 13 days ago

1st run Pro machine.

Left in game: 23-1100 / 090-5030 ND (vs 23-1500 / 090-5062 ND in manual)
Right in game. 23-900 / 090-5020-30 ND (vs 22-1080 / 090-5032-ND in manual)
Upper left in game. 23-900 / 090-5020-30 ND (vs 23-1500 / 090-5062 ND in manual)

I have no reason to suspect they've been changed either, as I'm the 2nd owner from new, bought HUO with 6-700 games on it, 1st owner hadn't moved it after Electrocoin delivered, back in 2011!

Never noticed the difference between reality and the manual to be honest, I rarely lift the playfield on TRON, it's been incredibly reliable up to now.

Curious to see if it's worth changing them out.

#11684 12 days ago

Can someone help me with this? The points just keep going. A terrible sound. I have a movie clip of it. Where do you guys upload it to show it here?
[quoted image]

Anybody?

#11685 12 days ago

Have you considered uploading to YouTube, then posting a link to your YouTube video in your post?

#11686 12 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Have you considered uploading to YouTube, then posting a link to your YouTube video in your post?

This is the way

#11687 12 days ago

You have a switch getting triggered from vibration. Go into Switch test, observe which switch is open as you tap the playfield with your hand. Should be easy to figure out

[quoted image]

#11689 12 days ago

yeah, as stated above. Look in the switch matrix for a stuck or rapidly triggering switch. It think it will be obvious. Then gap it better.

#11690 12 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

yeah, as stated above. Look in the switch matrix for a stuck or rapidly triggering switch. It think it will be obvious. Then gap it better.

Thank you. Will try that when I come Home

1 week later
#11691 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

missing «bumper». Look at the picture. Where can I Get a new one?

IMG_6655 (resized).jpegIMG_6655 (resized).jpeg
#11692 3 days ago

Found this as well.

IMG_6658 (resized).jpegIMG_6658 (resized).jpegIMG_6659 (resized).jpegIMG_6659 (resized).jpeg
#11693 3 days ago

missing «bumper». Look at the picture. Where can I Get a new one?
[quoted image]

I used this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5428-00

#11694 3 days ago

Found this as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the Flipper EOS actuator:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11695 2 days ago

WOW…. It’s been a long time since I visited pinside or this thread!

Getting back into the arcade/pinball hobby and just wanted to say “hey now” to everyone esp the TRON fanatics like myself.

Feels good to be back

#11696 2 days ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Getting back into the arcade/pinball hobby and just wanted to say “hey now” to everyone esp the TRON fanatics like myself.
Feels good to be back

Welcome back to the Grid.

Did you buy the LE recently, or was it part of the furniture while you were away?

I've had my Tastefully Modded Pro (Trade Mark pending!) approaching 8-9yrs now, love it.

#11697 2 days ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Feels good to be back

I did the take-a-break thing before as well. It’s refreshing. Welcome back to the grid. Perfect username btw.

#11698 26 hours ago

Hello all, I got this in a trade today. I'm a bit ignorant to this machine but looking to see what essential upgrades are. I have a Pro, it looks like my video game has a working screen, the ramps change colors so I think I have interactive ramps. I don't know if I have others mods, I'll have to compare stock photos. I don't seem to have the arcade sign I see in some pics.

Is a color DMD worth the money or am I better off with that LCD upgrade that goes on the playfied.......or should I save my money?

thanks!

#11699 26 hours ago

Get both, colordmd and 86 pixel backboard mod. Both are worth the money and the backboard by 86 pixels is in and out of stock and may not be available one day, so get it when you see it.

The lenticular backglass and Precision Halo flippers are worth it to me too.

#11700 26 hours ago
Quoted from punkin:

Get both, colordmd and 86 pixel backboard mod. Both are worth the money and the backboard by 86 pixels is in and out of stock and may not be available one day, so get it when you see it.
The lenticular backglass and Precision Halo flippers are worth it to me too.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Marysville, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX PinMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.