(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,254 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,242 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6047 3 years ago

Just finished ramp Eli lights, RGB board and under cabinet lights. I love me some Tron.
tron_lights_(resized).jpg

#6050 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

He fellow bmore guy lol How did you do your topper ?

My buddy made it. It's actually from the video game.

#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

My buddy made it. It's actually from the video game.

tron-game82_(resized).jpg

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Switching up to some clear titan rubs.

Yep. Clear Titans look great.

#6059 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

im diggin' the topper on your pin.... just not diggin' all that red under the cabinet and in the speaker lights (or hopefully thats orange)

The lights change with the ramp lights. When nothing is going on in the game they default to blue.

1 week later
#6097 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Use this information to open up the hallmark ornaments and short the power button so that it stays on:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-hallmark-light-cycle-tear-down-pictures-to-investigate-led-replacement
After that its just a matter of soldering some wires to the battery compartment and run them to the accessory connector at the front of the machine (make sure you get the polarity correct):
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1802
You can get some ideas for mounting the cycle here (I use hot glue):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles

If you connect the wires to the Light Cycle insert bulb they will only come on when that mode is started, active or complete.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

BallLicker, probably will be his 18th Pinside user name.

The think his name is Jesus now:
jesuslickingball_(resized).jpg

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

It's a consistent pulse. The other one stays on just fine.

Both cycles wired to the same power source? The Hallmark cycles need to have wires soldered to the battery leads. You have to sand or file them for the solder to get a good bond. If that didn't happen the light is probably dim and could cause the flicker.

#6144 3 years ago

... which now has under cabinet lighting, back cabinet lighting, the apron triangles, the clear disc of doom, and the topper plugged into it and all syncing off the ramps.

Is the "clear disc of doom" a spinner with clear rubber? I'm late to the Tron party. My disc is leaving black dropping all over the place.

#6146 3 years ago

Yes. It's the gravity defying addition that will cause all sort of interesting effects with the ball and it will stop the addition of more black rubber being added everywhere. I would order at least one spare just in case you need it down the line.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed

Thanks. Ordered!

1 week later
#6217 3 years ago

Is the "clear disc of doom" a spinner with clear rubber? I'm late to the Tron party. My disc is leaving black dropping all over the place.

OMG! "Clear disc of doom" installed. Tron is the most intense pin I have ever played. My hands are swollen and I had to stop.

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You didn't ask about the clear disk. Tisk tisk, CF will be disappointed when he returns to find all these new members with dark rubber disks.

Before you ask, here is the distilled answer:
Clear disk (also now comes in colors). Buy spares. Shipping from Germany can take a while unless you pony up $40 for UPS:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy
Order a new plastic disk from Pinballlife. Removing the OEM black disc rubber is hard and does not provide a good bonding surface for the new rubber. Spend the $20 on a new plastic disc:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539
Use 3m 77 spray adhesive on both surfaces to attach. Don't remove the mask from the plastic disk until after you spray the adhesive. It looks like tissue paper and protects the clear ridge and exposed plastic disk from the glue. Peel off the mask and apply the 2 piece rubber set.
Here is the source of the above distillation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed
Make sure you have a set of plastic protectors installed before installing this mod. It's a mind blower. It truly is "the disc of doom."

Added over 2 years ago: Update on the adhesive. The 3M 77 spray failed after about 30 days. I ordered an extra clear disk and re-glued using 3M 4475 and that has been going strong now for 7 months. It is an industrial plastic adhesive found on Amazon that comes in a tube.

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Mine has a shaker and the hallmark light cycles, so it will be a long road modding this out.
I will add the plastic protectors, eli ramp kit, Flynn arcade sign, chrome pop bumper kit and arcade machine upgrade, mirror blades.
That should do for starters.

If there is any pin that deserves a subwoofer this is it. Here's and easy way to add a powered subwoofer
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

3 weeks later
#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Yes. I have reseated the board and I'm still having the same problem.

Sounds like you are missing a color(RGB). Do you get Red and green?

1 week later
#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I took it upon myself to make a dubstep version of the Tron sound track.
I have almost all the sound loops ready but I am not able to import them using pinball browser because I don't have a licensed version of program and since this is the only title I'm planning to replace the sound track I'm not willing to pay for a licence. :-/
Is there anyone here who have a licensed of copy pinball browser who can import the files for me?
The bin file will later be shared to all.

Man, I love me the Gem soundtrack. Anyone have an 8 track I can slap into my Maverick for the commute?

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I recently purchased a TRON pro with some mods but would like to add the light cycles. I saw them on pinball decals for >$300 and on hooked on pinball for $185. Can people chime in on which is better and why?

You can get the Hallmark light cycles on eBay for about $20 each. PDI has a price markup from a different universe. Cointaker sells chrome pop bumper caps for $99 shipped. The same caps from PDI are $157 shipped.

#6400 3 years ago

Here is a great article on Tron mods. Info on Tron is scatter all over the place and this will help new owners get their head around what's out there:

https://medium.com/@MrsMezelMods/pimp-my-tron-pinball-f5ab068b1e65#.t5bd1hjnx

#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You should post this in a separate thread so that it gets the attention that it deserves. Your post here will quickly get buried in Bourbon.

And it would be cool to post a video so we can get a taste of the remix.

2 weeks later
#6465 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

So I'm temporarily in for a year - I'm doing a swap with a friend who desperately wants to borrow my LOTR, so of course I asked him to borrow Tron. Looking forward to it
He said it's a bit dirty so I've offered to re-rubber and clean the game for him as part of the deal as he is bringing it over to me. I've not played a lot of Tron and when I do generally just tend to go straight for light cycle. Is there a better strategy for playing this game?
Also It's the LE, if that helps. I know there is a few difference between the pro and the LE but not sure if anything game changing in terms of play strategy.

If it has the black disc installed the "dirty" is probably the rubber that comes off. I'd clean my playfield and 2 days later I'd have black trails in the orbit and the rubbers turning gray. You got the better deal in the swap. Be forewarned though, you may not want to give it back.

1 week later
#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I fully subscribe to the idea that LCMB is harder than Gem.

Yeah, but Gem's music is so cool. Love me the Gem.

3 weeks later
#6508 2 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

Anyone knows where I can get the Cliffy hole protector from Europe ? Thanks

Cliffy doesn't work on Tron. Sacrilege, I know. You want this one:

http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm

#6519 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Either works. No need to take sides. I would have either. I do have the Cliffy though, with a cut out on the right for the soft plunge to roll into the scoop (I think that might have been the second design Cliffy went with, but could be wrong on that). It's not necessarily true to say the "Cliffy doesn't work". Maybe really old, first run versions don't work, but most of the Cliffys out there work fine.

I had the cutout also. The lip keeps getting bent and making the ball get stuck. In my case it didn't work. All of the other protectors have been great.

#6520 2 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

What about these:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/tron.htm
They protect above the hole and not just the inside.

That's a Cliffy.

2 weeks later
#6543 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I was suprised the game has no speed setting for the disc. Just on/off. Toning it down would be ideal.

The disk will settle down with use. Just keep the playfield waxed and enjoy the cool behavior of the ball seemingly defying physics. One time the ball shot out of the disk and headed to the left in-lane. Half way down the in-lane it stopped and rolled back up and over to the right sling. The wax really lets it "float" across the playfield.

#6554 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Those clips that I bought way back when didn't work--there just weren't enough flat spots on the ramps to stick them. So, drilling & cable tying it was!
2 years & 1 month after purchase, I installed my Eli's ramp light kit on my Tron Pro.
*blush*
Hard to find a 6-hour block of (mostly) uninterrupted time...
What a pain in the neck. Not really difficult, but time-consuming, boring, & tedious. I needed to do all the ramp work in 1 day (I did the electronics and wiring a free weeks ago); it would have been challenging to store ramps somewhere, store fasteners, remember what went where, keep it clean and safe, have the game unplayable for a period.
Remind me to never do a big & time-consuming pinball mod again...
Having said that...
WOW!!! THEY LOOK AMAZING! ALMOST FEELS AS IF I HAVE A NEW GAME! THE LIGHTS DON'T JUST LOOK PRETTY; THEY PROVIDE VALUABLE INFORMATION TOO! LIKE BLINKING RED WHEN I'M 1 SHOT AWAY FROM STARTING DISC MULTIBALL. I'll try to pay attention & see if there are other clues given by their colors and patterns.
Looking forward to playing it in the dark, volume high. =D
-Jason
PS--weird that my camera picked up light spots where the cables were bent more tightly (as the instructions warned)--I really can't notice this during gameplay.

Congrats. I feel ya man. I found that a hot pointy soldering iron worked really well making the holes for the zip ties.

#6557 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Really? Didn't bring a gooey string of plastic?
Here's the tron ride
» YouTube video

Nope. I have a soldering station so I adjusted the temp down low. You never have to worry about the bit walking sideways. Also no droppings.

ramphole (resized).jpg

#6562 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've about bought the eli ramp mod and was curious about the drilling. I agree, drilling is nice, but on a smooth surface that bit likes to move.

The soldering iron is also very fast and creates a reinforcement around the hole as the material is pushed outward. This should help prevent cracking down the road. Just don't hold it there too long or the rim will turn dark from the heat.

2 weeks later
#6586 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

» YouTube video
Joined the club! First things first, alter the mood boys. Link to my tron pinball browser video.
First was changing Flynn,  clu and gem music to the original with a twist. I then changed the clu rollover sounds to light cycle sounds. I couldn't believe there is essentially no speech for jackpot, super jackpot etc that's why I like afm and fish tales, the super jackpot speech is awesome. So created The System voice for super jackpot call outs instead of crazy weak fx noises. The combo shots (6 in total) all had fx sounds, changed to the System speech for combo 1, combo 2-5, the last combo 6 is Kevin Flynn speech. I like this as it reminds me of stern star trek looping the ramp combo. Kevin Flynn voices for high score call outs added.
Ummm what else.....Probably heaps I missed. About 20 hours so far and much more remains. I know people share the dubstep version but I wanted more original. Will concentrate on mainly fx sounds from here, I've been using the movie converted to mp3 to obtain the new fx and speech.

I'm sorry, but Thiel's Gem music is the best of the whole game.

1 month later
#6649 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't know why, but I find the shot through the pop bumpers to be really tough on this game. I needed to make the shot last night to reach Portal, and I couldn't nail it for the life of me. I must have made at least 10 attempts, and I kept just missing. Oddly enough, I don't find the Gem shot to be difficult at all.

Check your level. The bubble on the game needs to be need between the lines. The shot geometry on this game is very sensitive to how the game is setup.

2 months later
#6749 2 years ago

I've updated an earlier post I made on installing the "Clear disc of doom."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/125#post-3230146

The 3M 77 spray adhesive I used failed after about 30 days. I installed a replacement transparent rubber disc using 3M 4475 and that has been going strong now for 7 months. It is an industrial plastic adhesive I found on Amazon that comes in a tube. I don't know if this was critical or not but I prepped the hard plastic spinning disk with 3M 94 plastic primer. In the very least the primer is compatible with the various materials used. The primer is available in small tubes also. I use this primer to prep inserts when gluing during a playfield restoration.

Just to reiterate, the "Clear disc of doom" is crazy cool. Some posters have said it is too crazy, but after you break it in, it settles down and is good crazy.

4475 (resized).jpg

#6753 2 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Do you know about how many plays? Or is it in home or public use? Just curious.
I appreciate the input, thank you!
..of course you're inspiring me to again increase my collection of adhesives .

It is home use. I'd guess it has about 1,500 plays since the disk was reinstalled. I'm very skeptical of Stern support saying the original bonding was done using a cyanoacrylate. Removing the old disc was crazy hard and the adhesive was black and a heavy body like maybe a hot Scotch-weld.

#6759 2 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

It was listed by marcd in a couple of auxiliary threads as to what Stern had said was originally used. I haven't asked personally, but Stern has given me good information when I've asked.
My Tron was on location for about 7 months, it was the most played in the lineup, but at the time I was rocking the loctite 200 spray (3 months, and then replaced and got another 4 months plus what it still sees at home). I've only used the loctite 460 when the ring lifted up a bit, and that was toward the end of it's stint at the bar. The disc has held up well enough since, and the bond seemed serious. The game doesn't see nearly as much play at home, so it isn't exactly a great comparison to what I had been using.
Though, now that I've looked up that word I'd never seen before, that means the 460 is a form of super glue. I had used super glue to fix a lift up prior to PAGG, and it seemed to dry out the disc, which soon resulted in chunks just breaking off. Tron will likely be put back to test at PAGG this year.
Thank you for your info.

My guess is that the Loctite 460 is what Stern is recommending for field repairs. The original disc was probably outsourced from a third party vendor that used an adhesive that is applied using a $600 thermal gun. Super Glue is very brittle and only works well when the 2 surfaces are hard and mate with no gaps. The original black disc is never coming off. This is why most everyone recommends buying a new hard clear disc when making this swap.

1 month later
#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Since putting clear disc rubber and silicone on this game, my Tron is a screaming deamon that has been deep fried, sprinkled in glitter, that breathes fire on you. I fing love it... after all this time with the game, it is the most rewarding game Stern has made, easy to understand, difficult to master. Sea of Simulation now gets my heart racing again... Thanks again Borg. I judge all new releases against this... most are soft in comparison.

I wish Pinside had a double upvote.

2 weeks later
#6890 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I should clarify, I hit the left ramp clean and the ball drop on the right side keeps hopping the rail and out the drain. So far I have leveled, tried adjusting the ramp screws with angle, changed the post rubber, spun the ramp grommet. 35-40% of time results in a lost ball. Crazy

I removed the black ramp grommet and that took care of it.

3 weeks later
#6930 2 years ago

I only use Titian on the flippers. Yes, I have better control, they clean up nicely and look great. For me using rubber is like playing tennis with a wooden racket.

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto...on all my pins...enough bounce yet controllable for me ( I'm an average player, at best). Always hated the rubber wearing out and leaving it's remnants on the playfield. Titans seem to last quite well, and mine don't seem to " shed" any material w age. The slings will break on occasion, but that's about it.

Titan just posted that 2-1/4 rings are the next addition to the product line. That will take care of the sling issue.

2 weeks later
#6980 2 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Finally joined the club. My black disc needs replaced. Tried to order a clear one from pinball center but found out they no longer ship to USA.
Anyone have a spare that they would sell? Figured I would ask before trying to do the shipping work around with them.

uh–oh

1 month later
#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

My new Tron... and an uneventful spinning disk battle
Before I go an replace the spinning disk and rubber, I wanted to see if there were other options. A friend (who owns a Tron) told me to just clean/wax the playfield and clean the rubber disk really well with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber rag to get the grip back. He said after a few games and the wax gets a work out the grip will be back.
I spent a lot of time on Saturday cleaning the playfield which I planned to do on my new machine anyway. After a few hours I am happy to report the ball is now being thrown around all over the place like it should. I even saw it shoot down to the left "C" lane (for CLU) and it was spinning so fast it reversed and went backwards up the lane about two inches and few out into the far left out lane. Crazy $hit man! Now I really have to be on my toes during Disk battles (which is the way it should be).
Got to Sea of Simulation few times but still no Portal yet. Someday.......
Lovin my Tron so far. Very happy with this purchase. Damn this is a fast game!

You may get tried of the black disc droppings on the freshly cleaned playfield and posts almost instantly reappearing. I know I did. Your pinhead friends will think you don't really care about keeping your pins clean.

#7054 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Can anyone confirm what sort of rubbers they have on their game please guys?? I have what look like clear(white) ones on most of my posts, slings and the like and feel they actually increase the brutality of this game!
They bounce around a lot compared to my other games which have the standard black rubbers. It almost feels like it's increasing the drains as well.
Loving this game but feel the rubbers are really affecting the way it plays. Thoughts??

The best improvement I did for Tron gameplay was to center the bubble for incline. I had it cranked up in the back and the shots just didn't make sense.

#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Seeing those levels can be slightly different game to game, do you have an exact incline you run at? I'm always interested and compare pitch game to game because I feel every game has a "right" pitch where it plays like a bitch and feels great.

I don't. I figure when Borg was working with the whitewood and making adjustments, the bubble would have to be the reference point. If it isn't, Stern should tape a note to the glass explaining what incline the designer intended.

#7064 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I think the point he was making is that the bubble is not always put in the same place from the factory. I would bet that they rarely are. My Shadow for instance was way off.

So they aren't using a jig to staple the bubble? This is all very low tech stuff. It seems like manufacturing 101.

#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which protector does everyone use/have on their Arcade Scoop?
Cliffy?
Mantis?
No protector?

Mantis

#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The scoop
Just curious what people have put on their arcade scoop to protect from wear etc

I started with Cliffy but the ball keep getting stuck.

#7076 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No probs here

No problem since installing the Mantis.

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My Cliffy is super flush....you have me wondering now....

They all start flush. It just takes a whack by the ball on the wrong spot and the edge lifts. You will never get that bend back the way it was manufactured.

#7088 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pic? I use Mantis on my TAF and TZ...curious of the difference...

Here you go:
mantis (resized).jpg

There is a bevel on the opening. The protector lines up at the bottom on it.

#7092 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone confirm the rubbers used on the slings in the photo/post above are Titans? would like to replicate the look on my game.

Wait for Titan to release 2.25" size for the slings. It will be a few more weeks.

#7095 2 years ago

So my right ramp broke, with the Cliffy "protector" installed. Any advice on sourcing a replacement and avoiding having this happen again? Broke at the entrance on the left side. I noticed there is nothing supporting the protector at the base. This stuff was not installed me and was there when I bought the game.

#7097 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Marcospecialties has the ramps in stock
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/510-5134-00
If you have the $$$ to spare it is always nice to have a backup set of ramps for older titles as they will sell out some day

Yeah. Seems like Marco always has the premium price. Looks like Marco is almost double Bay Area Amusements at $145. I guess that is why Bay Area Amusements is out of stock.

1 week later
#7112 2 years ago

So my right ramp broke, with the Cliffy "protector" installed. Any advice on sourcing a replacement and avoiding having this happen again? Broke at the entrance on the left side. I noticed there is nothing supporting the protector at the base. This stuff was not installed me and was there when I bought the game.

So my ramp is still broken and I'm really hesitant to buy a replace just to have it break again. The right ramp Cliffy protector isn't anchored anywhere so the only protection it provides is just to distribute the whacks to a larger surface area of the plastic.

I am testing a homegrown improvement to the protector. I am using a bicycle spoke, cut to size, to provide lateral support to the ramp entrance protector. I drilled a slightly smaller hole for the wire post at the base of the ramp and hammered it in place as seen below:
ramp1 (resized).jpg

Then I installed the protector around the post and used a nut and screw to attach the top:
ramp2 (resized).jpg

The key to making this work is drilling the hole so the post is all the way at the end of the protector and making sure the hole is the proper size for a tight fit. I tested the hole size on some scrap hardwood.

I've had this in place for about a week and so far, so good.

#7127 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How do you get into those tough areas underneath the ramps??

Get some nice long forceps and clamp to a rag. You can use it to push and pull the rag around.

forceps (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7165 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im talking about the replacement rubber disc. Was tempted by clear one. But some say too much spin and craziness

Clear disc of doom is awesome. It settles down after awhile.

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck ordering from Germany. They won't ship to the US, and you have to set up a shipping address with a forwarding service to get it to you. Ridiculous. It's really a shame because they carry really great stuff.

You sure?
Capture (resized).PNG
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-for-tron-legacy-transparent

#7174 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. Unless you'd like to pay 420 Euros for shipping. Have fun with that.

Hmm. When I ordered my discs it was $40 for UPS.

1 month later
#7267 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pm's sent.
As for everyone that has made payment, thank you guys for bearing with me, I know I have said it multiple times but I am genuinely grateful for your patience, expect your tracking numbers tomorrow morning before midday GMT.
Now onto the bad news, after 2 days I currently still haven't heard back from a few pinsiders, could you guys let me know if you are having discs or not? Obviously it was my mistake buying discs without taking any money off anyone, lesson learnt I guess, but if you could at least let me know then maybe I can sell them on, currently looking like I could be left with 8 discs

Where did the cost of a disc plus shipping to the US end up? I don't need one, but I would like to have a spare or two.

#7283 1 year ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Same here.. on my tron the shaker wanted to rip the machine apart!!! I just rotated the weights to 90 degrees apart and its perfect now. Good luck!

Sounds like Permatex red. You may have to heat it before it will move.

1 week later
#7297 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So what was the best adhesive for the spinning discs? I have a new disc base from Pin life since people say the old adhesive will not come off. Mine arrived today and will prob tackle later this week.

I posted this awhile back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/135#post-3629473

It is still holding strong and it has been over a year. I tried the spray adhesive first and it didn't hold up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside