(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 186.
#6951 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SOMEbody needs to clean up his right orbit entrance.

whistle-1 (resized).jpg

#6952 2 years ago

Finally getting better at my Tron after having it since November, I was averaging around 9-16 million and now I am hitting 35 million pretty regularly. I realize this is not an amazing score but I had never played a pinball machine in my life before this year and didn't really understand that there were "rules". My wife got me into it last year and it has been non-stop pinball since.

My latest strategy is to get the Quorra shot and then directly into Gem as well as focusing on hitting the Gem shot as a skill shot. That has helped a lot.

#6953 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

My latest strategy is to get the Quorra shot and then directly into Gem

Oh man......lol.

On a side note, I recently changed my flippers rubbers to Superbands and had an immediate effect on my scores and ball times! Interesting!

#6954 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Oh man......lol.
On a side note, I recently changed my flippers rubbers to Superbands and had an immediate effect on my scores and ball times! Interesting!

Yeah, I am a noob of noobs.

#6955 2 years ago

IMG_2076 (resized).JPG

#6956 2 years ago

looking good brother!

i also have the old devo pop cap bumpers.... really liking the look of those chromed out ones.

are these still available?

Quoted from labnip:

do it. chrome is an amazing light show. you won't regret it. It actually adds/unleashes an entirely new light show to your game. Stern was holding it back. Hooked set it free to further dazzle the entire experience.

#6957 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

looking good brother!
i also have the old devo pop cap bumpers.... really liking the look of those chromed out ones.

Yeah, they are...just don't go to Pinball Decals to buy...they are $30 odd higher than on Cointaker from memory.

#6958 2 years ago

I love Tron. Unfortunately I do not own one. One day that will change.

#6959 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

looking good brother!

i think so. haven't looked in a while

#6960 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

looking good brother!

Google hooked on pinball, he's a great guy, can't say enough good things about him

#6961 2 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

It's a great pin....i play mine all the time! I love it!
Hope you find one of your own soon.

#6962 2 years ago

Any word on if they will ever re-sell the Eli Light kit for the ramps again?

#6963 2 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Any word on if they will ever re-sell the Eli Light kit for the ramps again?

I thought someone had them, pinbits?
However timebandit is making a similar like kit, and I think it is cheaper?

#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I thought someone had them, pinbits?
However timebandit is making a similar like kit, and I think it is cheaper?

And has greater functionality.

#6965 2 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Yes , continue your quesr...the grid awaits.....

Added over 2 years ago: That would be "quest"....good grief....

#6966 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And has greater functionality.

I would be interested in seeing the kit your making. I already have the eli kit but that wouldn't stop me from getting something better!

#6967 2 years ago

What colour should I powder coat my Tron Pro's legs, rails, lockdown etc.?

I think the popular choice is metallic blue, but I'm also looking to do a SM, which tends to also be metallic darker blue, so was thinking of alternatives... currently has standard orange etched rails, which is how I purchased it.

Light blue, yellowy-orange, black & off-white all seem to feature in the film. Also thinking about back lighting the TRON etching on the rails with yellowy-orange on the left side, and light blue on the right.

IMG_9266 (resized).JPG

#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I think the popular choice is metallic blue, but I'm also looking to do a SM, which tends to also be metallic darker blue, so was thinking of alternatives... currently has standard orange etched rails, which is how I purchased it.
Light blue, yellowy-orange, black & off-white all seem to feature in the film. Also thinking about back lighting the TRON etching on the rails with yellowy-orange on the left side, and light blue on the right.

For me, I can't get past chrome for this baby!! It looks, well....shit hot to be honest and would be my choice.

#6969 2 years ago

I personally like either chrome or the nice candy blue powder coat some pthers have done.

How does the orange look in person?

#6970 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I personally like either chrome or the nice candy blue powder coat some pthers have done.
How does the orange look in person?

It's quite striking, but not necessarily in a good way. It's not metallic either, so looks quite 'flat'.

The first owner put these on it after importing them from the USA, including a 'proper' lockdown mech, so i wasn't going to argue. I'm the second owner.

I'm actually more tempted with Chrome since i initially posted this. Looking to find some simple EL tape for the etchings on either side. Probably light orange on the left and light blue, or even off white, on the right side.

The game has plenty of tasteful mods already, all added by me & and i like them all. This is probably the last one it needs given the rails are already on there.

(Older pic)

IMG_1056 (resized).JPG

#6971 2 years ago

to be honest, chrome is the only way to go with this machine.

#6972 2 years ago

Chrome or black

#6973 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I have my spider-man in blue and my Tron in ink black with a strong blue flake in the clear coat. Both sit in the same lineup. I will take a picture for you tonight when I'm home from work, but here they are individually for the moment to give you an idea. Hard to capture Tron, as it reflects light differently from all angles.

spidey (resized).jpg

tron2 (resized).jpg

tron1 (resized).jpg

tron3 (resized).jpg

#6974 2 years ago

Could do the half orange half blue look, pretty cool look for the game.

But mine is chrome chrome chrome, I may even chrome everyone's hands that touch it

#6975 2 years ago

hot pink, for the win

tron-pink-2.png

#6976 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hot pink, for the win

That looks like hot pink chrome

#6977 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Could do the half orange half blue look, pretty cool look for the game.

I say stick with black or chrome. The orange/blue look is great with the LEDs and plastics, but the trim is just too much. I've seen the trim painted half orange/half blue and all it reminded me of was the Goobers pre-mixed PB&J.

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hot pink, for the win

Ouch my eyes. Now that's thinking outside the box.

#6979 2 years ago

Finally joined the club. My black disc needs replaced. Tried to order a clear one from pinball center but found out they no longer ship to USA.

Anyone have a spare that they would sell? Figured I would ask before trying to do the shipping work around with them.

#6980 2 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Finally joined the club. My black disc needs replaced. Tried to order a clear one from pinball center but found out they no longer ship to USA.
Anyone have a spare that they would sell? Figured I would ask before trying to do the shipping work around with them.

uh–oh

#6981 2 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I'd reach out to pinball life. I picked up a few about a month ago, presume they should get more in stock eventually. In the meantime they do have black ones.

#6982 2 years ago

There is another thread on here about a work around for pinball center orders using a forwarding shipping company.

No longer need one though. I emailed Terry and he had one left. I was able to snag it and a new plastic hub as well.

#6983 2 years ago

Killer. I did the same, it sticks so much better to the new hub and you'll get hours of your life back not scraping off old glue.

#6984 2 years ago

In the market to join this club. If anyone has any leads for a Tron Pro preferably with the ramp light and Tron arcade mod added please PM me. Thanks!

#6985 2 years ago

Just got my black Hooked pop caps in. Had the chrome on my LE but went black on the pro to match the armour. Forgot how sweet these are!

IMG20170615213617 (resized).jpg

#6986 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just got my black Hooked pop caps in. Had the chrome on my LE but went black on the pro to match the armour. Forgot how sweet these are!

Ya gen black caps are where it's at. So sexy

#6987 2 years ago

i also prefer chrome and or black.

if you watch tron legacy charcaters like sam flynn and quorra's suits are black with white lighting. yet, tons of pinsiders like to "BLUE BOMB" the hell out of their machines and it just seems a little over board on the blue (for my tastes).

Quoted from PeterG:

to be honest, chrome is the only way to go with this machine.

#6988 2 years ago

hope you get one brother! its a great pin for sure.

Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

In the market to join this club. If anyone has any leads for a Tron Pro preferably with the ramp light and Tron arcade mod added please PM me. Thanks!

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yet, tons of pinsiders like to "BLUE BOMB" the hell out of their machines and it just seems a little over board on the blue (for my tastes).

To each their own. I personaly like the "blue bomb" as it fits the Tron Legacy atmosphere perfectly.

In the classic those suits just popped "Blue Bomb"

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#6990 2 years ago

Alright guys, just checked the audits on my Tron and was pretty impressed with how close the number of left/right drains were. With 898 total plays, I've racked up 602 left drains and 622 right drains. I'm wondering if those 20 extra right drains were the times I saw the ball hit the Zen switch and still spin/bounce into the outlane somehow

#6991 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Got my Chrome ones on the way!! So glad I made the decision to change from the Devo caps to these...looks sweet!

#6992 2 years ago

After swapping flipper rubber during league from normal to silicone titans. I think I do actually like the titans more.

They do grip more and don't allow those massive bounces.

#6993 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I put the black ones on my pro a month or so ago. They look great!

20170417_102842 (resized).jpg

#6994 2 years ago

Leaked pic for the up and coming Tron 3 movie

IMG_2339.JPG

#6995 2 years ago

So I went to put in new CT led flipper buttons and the buttons in the game already were freaking in there. Had to clamp them out. Went to put the new clear ones in, won't fit, will have to pretty much press them in.

Are people sanding down the buttons? Getting a special button or making the hole in the cab bigger?

#6996 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I went to put in new CT led flipper buttons and the buttons in the game already were freaking in there. Had to clamp them out. Went to put the new clear ones in, won't fit, will have to pretty much press them in.
Are people sanding down the buttons? Getting a special button or making the hole in the cab bigger?

Nope, not here, but some games, the buttons are crazy tight, maybe sand the hole a little?

#6997 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Leaked pic for the up and coming Tron 3 movie

Did a tron virus enter Asgard?

1 week later
#6998 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I put the black ones on my pro a month or so ago. They look great!

I notice in your photo that you have not lined up the stickers as per his instructions! I too wondered how they would look as if you lined it up as per his instructions you can see by a couple of other member photos that the Tron sticker does not line up with line of sight, but instead on a couple are at different angles!!

My OCD probably wouldn't allow this. Think I'm gonna try and line up the stickers so they all face downward, towards the player.

#6999 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nope, not here, but some games, the buttons are crazy tight, maybe sand the hole a little?

There was a folded up beer koozie and a rubber mallet involved when installing mine. They were tight!

#7000 2 years ago

I ended up sanding the button down some and they slid in. The CT led buttons are super slick

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.50
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside