(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,115 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Utesichiban
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 392 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(553 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190717_223502 (resized).jpg
47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpg
C4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpeg
32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bjorg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#579 5 years ago

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I got the right one... What's the best way to get a hold of him?

3 weeks later
#733 5 years ago

The Cliffy works great once you shave off the right side. I had been slowly but surely removing more and more until I got to the present state and since I've not had any issues!

IMG_0918.jpg IMG_0917.jpg

Post edited by bjorg : typo

1 week later
#814 5 years ago

Finally got around to installing the chrome flippers. I think it turned out great! There's also an orange one for the left upper flipper that's not shown.

IMG_1157.jpg

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok guys My Tron is on a NAVL truck heading to me. My game came with the hallmark lighted cycles but they have not been installed . My question is... What is the best way to hook them up? I have heard people say the wire them to be on all the time? Is that the way to go? Does any one have a link to installation instructions?
Thanks
Tronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I had minde modded by Kim Keist (http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html). He installed the 5V power wires and a small activation harness to that lights up the light-cycles when the ball runs under them. Highly recommended!

1 week later
#980 5 years ago

Me thinks someone should come up with a mod that illuminates those balls while they are resting.

#985 5 years ago

The white fluorescent could also look great, especially if you've installed an extra lighting kit.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Damn this thread wont die, who the hell is posting pics of a Spidey in here, Banvotes!!!

We'll need to make an example of that guy if we ever catch him!

#991 5 years ago

If I read it correctly, everyone's karma points got 10x'ed. Makes them look like pin score.

1 month later
#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Any LE owners have issues with stuck balls behind the drop targets (wedged behind rubber)?Has happened enough times that I must fix this somehow. Will take a pic tonight.

Wow... That seems nearly impossible. Is your rubber broken back there?

1 month later
#1444 5 years ago

A very lamp Xmas to all.

1 month later
#1665 5 years ago

That's a great shot!

2 months later
#2097 5 years ago

I just ordered the translucent adhesives. Where can you order a fresh disc? Thanks.

1 week later
#2158 5 years ago

@dendoc,

You need 2 of these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1880 to replace the black rubber knobs that are to the left and right of the spinning disc opening.

I installed them last September and haven't had an issue with rubber debris since. Very highly recommended!

#2159 5 years ago

To clarify, I still have the black spinning disc. The debris is definitively from the knobs since mine is now gone. However, I still get dark residue on my white rubber bands.

#2171 5 years ago

Here's a pic of the blue pads next to the disc.
IMG_1776.jpg

#2179 5 years ago

I just got the clear disc rubber this week. Now getting clear superbands for the flippers and posts. Can't wait to stop having so many black streaks!

#2180 5 years ago

On another note, got the chrome armor installed, which replaced the orange one it had on when I bought it. I had actually never seen the original LE armor before. It looks AMAZING!

IMG_1765.jpg
3 weeks later
#2285 5 years ago

Anyone thinking about adding some Glo-Balls: http://shop.modmypin.com/? I'm wondering if I should go with white or blue. I think it would look quite amazing. Of course, I'll need to figure out a solution to illuminate them when they are at rest...

#2286 5 years ago

Hmm, just realized that only the green ones are Glow-in-the-dark. That's a bummer.

3 weeks later
#2373 5 years ago

After having had the STLE for the past 6+ months, I can't really say that I go back to it much. Tron LE just has much better gameplay. I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

3 months later
#2583 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone has come up with some additional mods since posting them here earlier.

For a while, I was considering to get some glowballs, but reports of them chipping killed that idea. I can't imagine anything worse for a pin than a chipped ball scratching across the play field.

I guess, I'm itching to add something new to my beautiful machine. Just not sure there's anything left to add...

#2590 4 years ago

Oh, look at this, I just found a Facebook page for Tron Pinball. It's rather empty though.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tron-Pinball/204367176266630

1 week later
#2647 4 years ago

Congratz!

#2648 4 years ago

Quick general question. I installed the clear disc below the recognizer, which looks really great when the flashers below go off. However, that disc has an insane amount of grip and ejects the ball at very unsafe speeds. Any recommendations on how I could slow down the rotational speed of it?

#2664 4 years ago

I don't see how those transparent clips could work with the holes on the ramps.

#2667 4 years ago

Ok, so enlighten me. I'd rather ask a dumb question than to stay ignorant. And I certainly want my pin to look as badass as it can!

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm not sure about those clips. Looks like they're held on with a piece of foam double sided tape. So assuming you run your fiber optics under the lips of the ramps everywhere the clips attach they'd block the light coming through

Haha, reading the description would have helped! I was just looking at the first two pics and was curious as to how the clear plastic would clip onto the ramps. If there is adhesive involved, I'd think it would look a lot worse that what it looks like now. The current look is pretty discreet.

TronRampTies.jpg
2 weeks later
#2751 4 years ago

Done!

3 weeks later
#2804 4 years ago

@PlayPin,

Love those mirror blades. Where did you get them?

1 month later
#2896 4 years ago

Woot! A fully supported ColorDMD for Tron sounds very cool indeed!

1 week later
#2911 4 years ago

I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out using 3 different colors: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-my-sexy-tron-le-flippers#post-1327114

1 week later
#2949 4 years ago

Just stumbled on this listing on eBay: TRON Pinball Alternate Translite / With adult versions!
ebay.com link » Tron Pinball Alternate Translite With Adult Versions

My machine is at the office, so sadly not an option for me!

1 month later
#3148 4 years ago

Saw this thread about damaged playfields: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-after-4000-plays

Anyone have a recommendation how to best protect the TRON PF? I'm going to have nightmares that this might happen to my beloved LE before I get to protect it properly? And NO, not playing it is NOT an option!

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Saw this thread about damaged playfields: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-after-4000-plays
Anyone have a recommendation how to best protect the TRON PF? I'm going to have nightmares that this might happen to my beloved LE before I get to protect it properly? And NO, not playing it is NOT an option!

I'm either overreacting or there is no good prevention for damaged playfields. Anyone have a recommendation or words of wisdom? Thanks!

#3161 4 years ago

wow, those were some really useful responses! glad i asked! :rollseyes:

#3167 4 years ago

Very cool!! How did you do that?

#3178 4 years ago

YYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#3194 4 years ago

I ordered one. I can post pics of it when it arrives.

#3200 4 years ago

Tron 3 gains a title: Tron Ascension:
http://screenrant.com/tron-3-ascension-title/

Hopefully lots of new toys to put into our pins!!

1 month later
#3402 4 years ago

Hmm, what are those Tron plaques??? I'm intrigued!

2 months later
#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

how about this one, reduced the outer dia by 1mm and changed a few angles and moved the centre and outer rings out a bit.

Tron_Identity_Disc_v2.png

Where can I order this from? I want to give you my money!!!

3 months later
#4554 3 years ago

I've never seen swap boxes before! Are those basically backlit frames for translites? Where do you get them? Thx!

2 months later
#4810 3 years ago

There can never be enough TRON*!

(*) as long as it doesn't diminish the value of my LE that I bought at a ridiculous premium because I was late to the party!!

1 week later
#4855 3 years ago

Yes, it will burnout the LEDs in the LightCycles from what I've read. You'll need to add resistors to lower the voltage. Mine were done by Kim Keist @ Kimball. I've had them for 3+ years now and they still work great!

Also, Kim helped get some heavy duty resistors to slow down the spinning motor. The grip of the translucent rubber is just way too much causing balls to become airborne and hit the glass. Those also worked out really well!

#4878 3 years ago

Oh wow guys. I guess I better sell my Tron to a more worth owner... ;(

2 weeks later
#5041 3 years ago

Woohoo!! The game has changed!

#5124 3 years ago

Ok, so I installed the ColorDMD today and it looks great, but now I have reflections from the playfield on the ColorDMD. Obviously, I'd rather not remove the transparent plastic screen to protect the ColorDMD so I'm wondering what others have done to avoid glare (not from, but on the DMD itself).

#5126 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I just removed all my playfield lights, now the ColorDMD looks amazing

GENIUS!!! Did you use a sledgehammer or a jackhammer? Just want to make sure I do it right!

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Would those glare guards from comet help

Isn't that for the opposite problem where the DMD reflects on the glass? I have the issue that the lights from the playfield reflect on the DMD.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You should probably send me a color DMD and I'll figure out a solution to the problem.

I should! It looks really great on an LE! Oh wait... never mind.

#5159 3 years ago

Woohoo!!! TRON ColorDMD is ready to rock! Tried to get a more interesting pic, but it's hard to catch it just at the right time. I'm curious to see how they animated the Daft Punk multiball sequence! Highly recommended so far!!

IMG_3943_(resized).jpg

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Loving it on 8bit mode here.

Yeah, it's a great product with lots of options: dots, dotxl, tiles, scans, hires, and 8-bit. Definitively a MUST upgrade in my book. Highly recommended!

1 week later
#5295 3 years ago

Has anyone installed lighted star posts on their Tron? I'm thinking on doing 2 yellow ones on the left and 2 blue ones on the right. The vids I've seen where they flash on each hit look very cool. Is Pinball Decals a good place to order them from? Thanks!

#5393 3 years ago

Anyone know where to find a Tron translite signed by Stern & Borg? I had found one on eBay, but when I received the package, the translite had fallen out during transit due to poor packaging. Now I'm looking for another one. Anyone have any leads? Thanks!

4 weeks later
#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Go big or go home!

That thing is beautiful!

1 month later
#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

is Run/r on the ps3 ps4 network??

Run/r is on PS4. No idea if it's on sale though.

2 months later
#6437 2 years ago

My Tron started acting up a bit. Specifically, when a ball is in play and I hit the right flipper button, it frequently causes the bumpers to react although the ball is nowhere near them. Any suggestions what I should look for?

2 months later
#6540 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I was suprised the game has no speed setting for the disc. Just on/off. Toning it down would be ideal.

You can add high voltage resistors to the motor to slow it down. That's what I use and it has worked great!

4 months later
#6747 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare Tron Micro Display Mod they are interested to sell? Always wanted to pick one up but apparently waited too long.

2 months later
#6907 2 years ago

What light tape did you use? Where did you get it from? It looks awesome!

Quoted from twenty84:

Got this speaker panel installed on my game last night

3 months later
#7102 1 year ago

Very cool!!

2 months later
#7325 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

He means this Playfield LCD not the DMD,
Gem at 2:10
ยป YouTube video

OMG! Where can I score one of these!!!

1 week later
#7361 1 year ago

I missed out on the mini-LCD that could be mounted onto the ramps. If anyone has one they don't plan on using, please PM me!

1 year later
#8566 7 months ago

IIRC, only the first 100 LEs had the signature.

#8575 7 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hmmm...I have LE #88 and there is no signature on the playfield...

I stand corrected.

#8578 7 months ago

Centerflank was a big loss to our community. He was loud and obnoxious, but his passion was palpable!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bjorg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside