IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3316 9 years ago

Built this for my Boy... may become my topper, or at least a variation of it

5450097084_be0d2b587c_z.jpg5450097084_be0d2b587c_z.jpg
3 weeks later
#3432 8 years ago

I just got a free box with a few 10" subs hooked up in it, I'm going to put an amp on it and like my LE to push sound to it. Where do I hook it up?

Thanks guys

#3456 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

He is using Laseriffics undercab kit that I helped him modify to work with the interface board. That kit was initially hooked up to flashers in the game. He ended up disconnecting it from the flashers and hooking it up to the new interface board. That being said, pretty much any RGB strip light will work with this interface board. Something like this is all you need: ebay.com link

which interface board?

#3498 8 years ago

Is there an interactive exterior under lighting led kit for the LE somewhere?

#3508 8 years ago

I was working on my LE, and found this at the bottom of the cab, any ideas where it goes?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3512 8 years ago

Lol thank you, I bet that's it !

#3514 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

That's the one. Thank you!

I did this with 2 flex supers - orange from cointaker, used some hot glue
and mounted them back to back inside the recognizer, lights up the bottom and top very nicely.

1 week later
#3564 8 years ago

Here is how my cycles are mounted, black bailing wire, no damage to the game...

image.jpgimage.jpg image-530.jpgimage-530.jpg image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg
#3582 8 years ago

I'm bummed, I really liked the movie , it was the inspiration for me buying the LE... Bluray and Pin

1 week later
#3612 8 years ago

The edot, and the pole position cockpit can be stood on their front or back end and it can be maneuvered more easily geometrically. At least thats how my pole position works

#3615 8 years ago

Howd you get that picture of me?

1 week later
#3638 8 years ago

Nice helmets!

#3674 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Double tapping gem off the skill shot is the best feeling ever in pinball.

That never happens!

4 weeks later
#3838 8 years ago

where is this being placed ?

#3840 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its the clear rubber disc replacement for the subpar black disc pad that comes stock on all TRON's
It grips the ball like a white knuckler and adds a ton of excitement to your pin

Cool, I'll take one if you do another run, my LE came from Odin, I'm sure he put one on it, but I'm thinking it may have lost some grip recently

#3844 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The light shines through nicely if you have the clear disc. Best benefit is you don't get black marks all over your PF.
If it was O-dins I'm guessing it doesn't have it, he is too busy fixing the screen doors on his house.
I'll order another ten discs from the Germans, maybe I'll get a few blue ones too this time.

Lol, Odins a great guy, he warmed my baby TRON up for me until it was my turn

Yes sir, if blue is an option, I'm in, might as well do 2 blue ones.

I do have a clear ring

Oh yes... By the way, if you google "TRON glory hole" there are some quite interesting references out there, ROFL

#3867 8 years ago

Again... Shall we say Glory Hole?!?

#3871 8 years ago

yes I love it more than Lamp

#3882 8 years ago

Certainly the blue disc won't break down and cause blue streaks ??

Super excited for the more exhilarating game speed !

#3957 8 years ago

If I were to seek out an extra plastic disc, where do we find those?

#3983 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The part you are scraping is recessed so getting a razor blade in there didn't work for me. I ended up just using a crap ton of Goo Gone Gel and a flat screwdriver. Then after I got most of it off, I used a dremel to remove the rest.

I think I'll just order another disc, the have discs to swap out if needed

#3988 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

When I replaced the black disc with another black one, I acutally used a dremel with a wire brush to scrape off the old adhesive. I'm sure I removed some plastic too, but nobody's perfect.
Used a new plastic for the blue one.
So..I totally had a ball come out of there last night and I'm not sure what the hell it ricocheted off off, but it went airborne and ended up on top of the ramp in upper left corner.

Do we need to figure out how to make the motor spin slower? I'm wandering how long our Trons are going to last with supersonic ball bearings

#3992 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You can put a few drops of lubricant into the motor shaft, didn't help any with the noise the one time I did it.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, all the TRONS on route with a brazilian plays, I never heard of that motor burning out on the route operator...

What I'm thinking is slow the motor down by maybe 10% to keep the pinballs from destroying playfield parts, or is this not necessary??

#4005 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

"The Game has changed, Son of Flynn!"
Ever since I changed up to the Clear Plastic Disk, I do not own TRON LE, TRON LE owns me.
What a difference! Thank you CF and Germans. All the young programs in the house want Disk War Multi-Ball.

IMG_9455.jpg

I looked at your collection, you in fact do not own Tron LE, I cannot locate user "Tron LE" to confirm your owner, to the games with you user!

#4021 8 years ago

2x External, 1x internal!!!

1 week later
#4149 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I feel this mod is the least bang for your buck.

but for me ... epic eye candy

#4162 8 years ago

Here is a pic of the glow in the dark/UV reactive poster. Let me know if you want it for free.
image.jpg

oooooooooooo thats cool!

#4201 8 years ago

Dupe post

#4202 8 years ago

Dupe post

#4203 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I've started applying all the mods...this is going to be a 3 days job LOL.

Best 3 days of your life!

Quoted from dri:

In 2011 I bought a NIB Tron. I had to sell it because a domestic dispute. I regretted it ever since. Been looking for used ones for a reasonable amount of money without luck. Today my friends I overpaid for a NIB 2nd run! (Plasma DMD, decals and 3D translite).
Tomorrow, Stern will announce Tron Premium.
Edit: This is the single best pinball machine ever made!

Not to start a debate, but would stern really buy a license again to rerun a pin that was a popular theme almost 5 years ago?

#4206 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't know, let me ask the Iron Man VE in my game room...
IMVE said yes

Iron man is still relevant in entertainment media (marvel movies, new cartoons, toys everywhere ect). Tron, well is fading smoke as far as general entertainment news is concerned, ( Tron Disney xd cartoon cancelled, 3rd Tron movie not off the ground and forgotten, Tron toys not anywhere)

All of this makes me sad, but I think the relevance of Tron is not there to support a Tron legacy re run

2 weeks later
#4302 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I totally get the popular view on this. This is one pro that stands tall, very tall, when compared to its LE brother. The other side of the mirror though is this.. Ask an LE owner if they would trade to a modded pro for some extra cash?
No
Effing
Way

Yup

1 week later
#4313 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Dear Tron Pinball Superfans,
I'm looking for a good LED flasher to replace the one to the right of arcade scoop on Tron. I want it to be more noticeable when Sea of Simulation or the End of Line jackpots are ready. Thinking something orange since I've got the orange ZEN plastic protector there. Any recommendations?

I actually kept mine incandescent. It's the only bulb that is on my game. It reminds me of the original Flynn arcade sign, even thoUgh the original sign is neon, it looks incandescent from a certain point of view.

#4318 8 years ago

The exposure of this particular lamp is too direct to the eye. And could burn your eyes if looked directly at

#4321 8 years ago

Thanks guys. Maybe a blue incandescent is the way to go. Bet that'd look great.

Go for it, post a pic!

#4327 8 years ago

That's a good lookin lamp, I'm thinking a nice incandescent bulb should go in it

#4339 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I thought they went hang in hand.. I kill me</block quote>

In Irish : hang = ham

Ham in hand!?! Haha

#4362 8 years ago

Chrome, don't settle

#4378 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Only thing better is a pimped out TRON Pro.

bull butter, CF you know you want to buy that LE to put next to your pro

#4384 8 years ago

sounds like the spinning disc motor

#4386 8 years ago

Finally installed my blue disc, wow !!! After a fresh wax, there is some crazy English on that mother!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4394 8 years ago

wear sunglasses, my retinas are-a burnin!

#4398 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Still working on the code, but it is starting to come together:
» YouTube video

Dang you, I can't put that in my LE!

#4403 8 years ago

I broke a plastic on my cv that I didn't want to replace, so I heated both parts up with a butane torch and glued them back together...

I gradually heated both broken pieces and then slightly focused on the broken edges, I had the butane torch sitting on a table and used both hands, there was a slight warp of the place where the break was, but no one will ever know unless I show them. Maybe temporarily you can do the same?

#4404 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You can put these in if you want (esp. the GI and backpanel/apron lights), but the LE is pretty perfect as it is. At one point I had Eli's kit and addressable LEDs installed on the ramps at the same time. However, the LEDs make Eli's kit barely noticeable (especially during with daylight), so I ended up taking off the light tubes. Here is a video showing an earlier install (very early pinduino code, too, so the diversity of effects are minimal) with the LEDs on the bottom of the ramps (as opposed to on the sides as they are now.)
» YouTube video

Very cool!

#4408 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good luck getting that!
Chime in LE owners, how often do you get Daft Punk multi at stock setting?

Big fat ZERO, however it taunts me every day

#4410 8 years ago

I've gotten very close at least a dozen times

#4423 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

That's a hell of a question, and I want to know the answer why this can't be done?

I'm guessing because stern only wanted it in the LE

Quoted from kporter946286:

What prevents just changing the Rom on a Pro to include the Daft Punk Multi Ball?

You need an LE Rom, which will only work in the LE

At least I'm 99.99% sure

#4448 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed.....didn't think of it this way.....good point....
Yes, all 3 are great pins, but in comparison TRON has more than stood the test of time.....

which is one of the reasons I own Tron and not met, or acdc... I picked the best

but I still really love to play acadaca when I see one

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yeah. It's like mini-sized Lego knock-offs. Took it to work & haven't put it together yet.

nothing like playing with toys at work

#4462 8 years ago

Boom... Toys,,, Legos

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4476 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yeah -- the GI is pretty neat. The GI and the Ramps are controlled separately, so you can just install the GI and skip the ramps (or keep Eli's tubes). I have instructions for how to install the GI: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4ocskLaG9377kGTRL-7TVRDCNNiFv-U_TAz9zaoilE
That document uses an IM, but I followed the same procedure for Tron. Pretty easy to do.

Can I do this with the LE?

#4484 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm there in spirit

Tpf bro, Tpf

#4491 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im thinking we need a TRON>Lamp t-shirt made up for the group so we can identify each other at shows...thoughts?

Yes, it needs to be the most amazing tron t shirt ever

"I love it more than lamp, enough said"
"I'm in the club, users"

#4493 8 years ago

Yes, I would buy one. But there would have to be a Canadian discount for the crazy shipping prices up here

Maybe a US based printer, and a CDN based printer (or individual) could distribute the shirts?

#4495 8 years ago

Need one by Texas pinball fest. What can I do to help?

#4499 8 years ago

Tron, Lamp... haha Thats pretty cool

#4504 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

if the tron lamp t-shirt doesnt work out... we could always go with this theme
etlamp.jpg

If only ET was in Tron,

but the fact of the matter is,... I love Tron more than ET lamp

#4506 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Pic for the shirt should be...
A Tron character playing Tron Pinball next to Lionman playing SOF(w/his head sliced off from an identity disk) . And then a large "Lamp" over the whole scene.
Wait... that might be too much

NOT WAY TOO MUCH, This!!!!! I would pay $20 for that, maybe put the lamp over the SOF...

even though I own and love both of those games, LOL

2 weeks later
#4545 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good chance I will be in Texas in June, I'll give a full report on that upon my return

If you come to my neck of the desert the only games to play are at my house

#4549 8 years ago

South Africa in tha house of Tron lovefest

1 week later
#4562 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4564 8 years ago

Tempest and Tron - I have those side by side too!

Nice!

Just for giggles... That row is Tron, Tempest, street fighter 2 CE, super punch out, and a 2 player candy cab

I put tempest next to Tron so I could still see side art

3 weeks later
#4662 8 years ago

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident" Steve Carell

#4714 8 years ago

I used spray on vinyl adhesive with new pinball life disc and blue disc from flank

Worked a charm...

I think I even scuffed up the clear disc a little to give it some tooth

4 weeks later
#4755 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My Tron LTTPBRTGAN (Late To The Party But Ready To Give'r All Night) Edition ships out tomorrow! WOOO!

Lol... I read that as "WOOD!"

#4759 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Well... It is a Tron

Which is why my sub-conscious read it that way -

#4763 8 years ago

Heads up that ULEK Store has made a plastic protector for the -09 plastic (the triangle piece to the right of the left ramp/left of the Quorra shot):
http://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm
They also sell a set with slingshot/return lane protectors too: http://www.ulekstore.com/Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protector_Set_for_TRON_p/trans_protset_tron.htm
They produced these by my personal request. I'm going to use the -09 protector to piece my busted one back together. I highly recommend installing one before yours breaks!

Got one ordered thanks bud

1 week later
#4780 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sorry flank, I though you said have you seen the new TRON VE and about shat myself.
By the way, do you think the TRON VE will have the lighted ramps or the moving recognizer when Stern builds it?

My money is on the lighted ramps, but not the recognizer .... Or just no ve at all

#4797 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Even if this came with the control rod that goes in the backside like the SouthPark episode, Id still drive it.
Wreckedum

Is that the beginning of a new instruction card... Or tron legacy 2?

#4799 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its the Vault translite.

VE-TL... Is the ve a fantasy spinoff? Lol

I'd prefer a VE uprising

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4803 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just wait for the MSRP on the Vault, I'll be shipping out Midol for half of Pinside.

Or anti-depression meds

I feel a business deal coming on
Pinside street pharmacy

#4804 8 years ago
#4808 8 years ago

If all goes down hill, I'll pull my playfield out, put casters on the legs, and use mine as a shopping cart to haul my food and guns around

#4809 8 years ago

Wow!!!
That's amazing, why did I not see that coming ???

#4811 8 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

There can never be enough TRON*!
(*) as long as it doesn't diminish the value of my LE that I bought at a ridiculous premium because I was late to the party!!

Yup!

#4813 8 years ago

MK6PIN

This is the TRON lovefest thread , its all about tron and trippin out

#4815 8 years ago

I played the run/r for a little while, it's pretty cool, the level design and execution are nice

#4833 8 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I am a big fan of TRON. It was my first NIB game I had purchased years ago. Over the past year I have had the opportunity to design and develop a TRON game with Disney. It was a fun process and we had a great team pulling it all together. I thought this would be a good thread to share with the other pinball TRON fans (this thread is 2yrs strong)! Coming home late @ night after work and firing up the pin was a great motivation during the games development not to mention playing the classic Gomez originals. The game should be released soon and is already on steam green light, expect PS4 and Xbone soon! We have added many classic nods to both films and more. Anyway check it out!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

That's great! I already bought it on steam. Great to know you're part of the lovefest!

#4867 8 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

looks something like this ....

red%20lamp[1]_(resized).jpg

But you still love tron more

#4894 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

All TRONS are to be switched over to translucent rubbers by end of March or face a hefty fine plus public shaming.

Fine! Crap!

#4897 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You knew this was coming!!!

Of course! I bought a clear rubber bucket... I almost installed it on my CV, but Tron called out. Its happening soon!

#4915 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Personally, I'm waiting to see if Super Bands comes out with their lineup of transparent rings. The Super Band flipper rubbers are sometimes criticized for being too "dead", but my experience is that the Super Posts are bouncier than black rubbers.
I think fully transparent rings could look really good on Tron.

Pinball center has nice clear rings, no need to wait on superbands

#4956 8 years ago

I have a prediction

I believe Disney is producing a Tron movie

I believe a TronVE pin is in development

Reasons for prediction:
1. Tron run/r video game is out... Why now!?
2. We keep seeing various Tron characters out and about randomly
3. Tron 3 movie, canceled, no way. Just concealed to have an epic egg hunting concealed release.
4. Tron pros still selling in the private market for $6500+
5. Lots of talk, speculation and evidence on tronVE possibly being made. (An actual Spider-Man VE)

#4961 8 years ago

+ clear disks

#4974 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

FYI....I already PM'd Eli about the kits.
He said that to the best of his knowledge Pinbits was still producing them. Kinda sounded to me that he has nothing to do with building them anymore.
Eli also said that generally when they go out of stock they'll be restocked in 2 or 3 weeks....so keep checking.
Pam/pinbits never did reply to my email. Pity...I'd like to buy more than just the kit.

Pam must be swamped, she answered a phone call, but won't reply to the email she told me to send her

#5013 8 years ago

oh damn! now I need to go spend $400

#5064 8 years ago

I love the colored dots, I can hardly wait... Too bad it will be a while for me, I might have to sell a game just to afford the 4 color dmds I need for the games that could use them

#5091 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Sell me asteroids mini for $400, buy ColorDMD

Ouch! That's like asking me to sell a toe, or a child, or my Tron Legos

... But I see where you're going with this...

Maybe escape from the planet of robot monsters (still a wip), and or stargate

#5117 8 years ago

Is there a way to tone down the strength of the shooter lane kick out coil?

Mine wants to knock a hole in the metal protector it feels like! Murderous!

#5145 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Not that many of you know me personally, but last Saturday night my Dad suffered a rupture in his brain stem and was put on life support. B/c he was an organ donor the process took a few days but He was officially pronounced dead Tuesday and I will be burying him Friday. Reason I bring this up is because he was an Organ donor and even at 77 years old, a Cold Coors light drinking bad boy motor head guy still was able to donate his liver to a 40 year old and kidneys to a 60 year old and help save 2 lives. If your not, you should think about being an organ donor. Its amazing what they can do. And you never know whom you can help save. I've been absent on here the past week and will be for a few more days while I attend to my Fathers' Funeral.

Sorry for your loss, I'm a doner as well. No sense in taking all my vital Tron loving organs to the grave.

1 week later
#5245 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so new to the tron market but played LE yesterday and loved it. I noticed it had a blue DMD too. Is that stock or did the person buy one and install it? Also - what are the critical/key mods if you were to go Pro (since LE is too much money)? Thanks!

Find one already modded with Eli's ramps and the arcade mod. Read up this and the previous page

#5273 8 years ago

Do we need a Tron corner at tpf? I certainly think so

2 weeks later
#5591 8 years ago

Has anyone installed the blue disc and the clear disc to see the difference?

So far my blue one will hold the ball for a bit, then throw it out, yes it goes backspin crazy, but not as wildly as the clear sounds... Or do I keep my playfield waxed a little too good?

#5609 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As it should be.....

Quoted from centerflank:

HO LEE Fuckballs, the clear disc shot a ball out over the left ramp down the left outlane tonight!

What the devil!? I guess I need to get on the clear disc bandwagon... The blue one grips, but not like that.... Unless my wax is just that good (1grand blitz)

#5611 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It didn't even touch the pf, went airborne straight out the disc area.
I have to laugh as I play as I literally duck once in a while like someone blasted off a gunshot in my basement.

I don't get it... I don't wax the disc area of course... Maybe the blue just isn't the same

#5614 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How long does it take to do the disc swap? No need to remove ramps?

You remove the motor from under the pf, and disassemble the disc from the motor out of the machine...
I personally will buy another clear plastic disc from pinball-life and place the new clear rubber disc on it, takes about 30 minutes in all

#5618 8 years ago

As we say in Texas: He ain't messin around

#5654 8 years ago

Do I feel a (Lionman!) coming on?

#5656 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't believe one is able to post those words without a stern warning from the upper management.

Then why give me 50 achievement points for owning and caressing a lion... Upper management should give us a google plex of achievement points for owning TRON

2 weeks later
#5756 8 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Its real hard to forget thats for sure
image_(resized).jpeg

Can someone please photoshop some tron bling on this lady

1 week later
#5783 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Honestly. I'm cool with tron day, but don't want a tron 3 movie if they f it up. Leave the great movies alone and don't make more if they will just make them suck

I'm not so sure they would screw it up... As long as Michael Bay doesn't get ahold of it

#5801 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

» YouTube video

well said

#5813 7 years ago

Mine is the complete opposite, it gets cleaned and waxed every two months. I keep her show room ready, I still need to add the clear rubber I bought a year ago

#5822 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Fine notice sent. Deadline was months ago.

It's been kept so clean, it's been frozen in time.

And yes... She is Fine
Thanks for the notice

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from marcd:

Man, this looks cool
» YouTube video

Cool find!

1 week later
#5867 7 years ago

... Best thread ever

#5894 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Well that sums it up. TRONBROS, motion to change thread title to "Tron: Holy Fuckin Motherfucking Fuck Balls"
Discuss....

Make it an acronym
Tron: Holy FMFingFB

2 weeks later
#6009 7 years ago

Looks like I'm going to order a clear disc, I have the blue one installed, and I just don't see the action that the clear one gets.

I do use the blitz one grand wax, and I've always wondered if my pf is just too slick to see insane ball English.

Can anyone else confirm the difference between the German blue and clear disc?

Also, I don't remember. Do I need to remove the disc rubber from the clear plastic to remove the clear plastic disc from the motor? Pics?
Thank you guys

2 weeks later
#6076 7 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

While i'm not a current Tron owner (I used to be, yes I know, don't say it haha) I was invited a few weeks ago to a house party (friend of a friend) and the guy (who's NOT a pinhead, he only has 1 game) had this AMAZING modded out Tron pro! I literally spent most of the party just playing the shit out of it (other people at the party looked at me funny heh!). He doesn't play it! He got the game just as artwork, to turn it on and stare at it. Gotta say, it's a nice game to look at (and was a VERY smooth example to play as well).
Oh well. Random tricked out Tron in the wild down here in SOFL.

That's sick! Usually you see a random bad ass car in someone garage, not a tricked out to the max pin!!

Ha, people look at me funny when they come to my house and I'm playing pinball asking them to join me... What's wrong with people!?! I finally stopped telling folks how much time I have in to working on the pins, I think it scares them from playing them.

#6103 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

For sale: Centerflank wiring mod. This mod is just 40 feet of wires stripped from a Ford Taurus. You just throw it in your cabinet so that it looks like you have as many lighting mods in your Tron as Centerflank does.

I'll take 2, I want twice what he has

#6157 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bad news for Flank: I bought a Tron.
You might see me in this thread from time to time. Sorry to buzzkill your night.
(But this does mean that I finally agree with you about the machine, and I think I've maybe not been too kind to it in the past. See? Even I can admit my mistakes!)

Oh brother, are you going to do another lame ass restore on this game?

Just kidding, you know I gotta rib you for joining the club, even if you did so reluctantly. By the way, the initiation into this club is to tattoo "Tron" on your neck, forehead or lower middle back. Pics to prove it.

Glad your here bro!

By the way... Your restores are boss!

#6166 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

never cared for Tron but bumpage is due!

Most confusing ill placed comment of the day

#6171 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I modded my Tron LE hard out in the weekend!!!
Whooooo! Yeah! Whoopa!!
I put some Cliffy ramp protectors on it.
Modded to the max!!
rd

oh yeah! which disc are you using?

#6174 7 years ago

Oh boy, quick... Someone snap pics of the last few posts and email them to him, I bet he's going through withdrawals

#6187 7 years ago

I still love Tron more than lightening kitty, so this thread is still relevant

Flank isn't dead, he's just frozen, no need for a RIP sign, that's just terrible

#6216 7 years ago

1 week later
#6249 7 years ago

I ordered a clear disc, the blue one just doesn't look like it does what the clear one does

#6255 7 years ago

I've started portal twice, always at lunch time after a sandwich when no one else is in the house, then I erased my scores when I updated my code with new music

Top was 160,000,000
Not as good as most here, but was pretty good for my level

#6265 7 years ago

Crank up the speakers

#6266 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Remember when Stern used to sell games at Best Buy? I found a Tron on free play at one location that had so much dirt and crud on the playfield. The whole machine wasn't leveled properly and was tilted on one side. It was the dirtiest Tron I've ever seen. Wish I had taken pictures.
Right then and there I was tempted to bribe the store manager or something but I knew that it was gonna be unlikely. That would've been a cool opportunity to take it home and learn how to tear down a game, clean it up, and install some mods. Plus it was sad to see such a great game in poor shape. Hope get one down the line!
Oh yeah... and Tron is a beautiful, awesome game. Especially if you mod your Pro to be like the LE.

Dude, you're getting a Tron, you're in the club!

#6273 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I got my Tron today, and I'm tweaking it out.
A question for anybody who has apron flashers wired up in a modded Pro: The black and red wires coming from my flashers were detached from whatever they were connected to at some point during transit or before. What do you guys have your apron flashers wired up to? The back panel flashers? (It's a pretty long wire, so I'm thinking it was something in the back).
Thanks for any help.
And yes...the subwoofer makes a HUGE difference on this game - took it off ACDC and put it on Tron. Much better there!

Finally! Welcome officially!!!

Can't help on the flashers right away, but I am super stoked to hear of your adventures on the grid

1 week later
#6290 7 years ago

I moved my recognizer neon to its proper home yesterday at least.

My Tron and tempest are in the same configuration!!!

#6298 7 years ago

Does your Tempest actually work? Mine does rarely

Yes, the monitor was overhauled and the board was bullet proofed about 3 years ago, not had a problem after all that, but it is a color vector, so I don't expect it to be perfect forever... I have the multi-tempest chip installed, as well as the HV Chip. I really need to buy an extra working PCB just incase mine drops out of commission.

I wish tempest had a cameo in the world of Tron, it seems the perfect game to add in to the Tron world

#6328 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Yes indeed... I played for an hour tonight, and the saddest thing is the game kicked me in the balls repeatedly and I smiled the entire time, I literally was 1/16th of an inch from portal... #dikpunch

I think I reach portal about once in every 60 games or so... So tough, but so SAWEET

1 week later
#6386 7 years ago

Oooooooooooo

Nosro on a dub step mix!!! I'm all in for testing!

Thanks guys!

#6391 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Yeah, might do that in the future but as I understand it €20.00 was the minimum.

Sorry for not noting and acknowledging you and the creation of the dubstep correctly... I will be happy to front $20 toward the cause, I'd be delighted with a nice dubstep soundtrack for my tronLE, if you don't mind doing the pro and LE versions

1 week later
#6434 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

saw this pop up in the news today. They just opened a disney in shanghai, and this is the Tron cycle ride:
» YouTube video

Bro ... This is the 10th post about this in this thread, I think we need about 10 more to make it legit... Keep it rolling

3 weeks later
#6493 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Whoa! I didn't even know there were TRON cocktail cabs! Never seen one before!
$1295 (at Hemispheres Amusements) is way too much for me, but I'll certainly raise a cocktail of my own in its honor.

Wow that thing looks great! I wish I had room!!! Good thing I have the full size up right.... But that cocktail! If I had it, I'd have all 3 Tron machines, freaking space limitations

2 weeks later
#6505 7 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I've got three Flynn's signs and some FTS-8's left. PM me if you're interested.

whats FTS-8?

1 week later
1 week later
#6547 7 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi. Does anyone have a topper for sale or knows how I can get one? Thanks.

laseriffic.com?

3 weeks later
#6592 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No need to be sorry. To each their own. I've now finished and happy with the results, changed LC multi and Portal music, plus a bunch of added speech and call outs from the LE version.

Excited to possibly check this out, I've got an LE, might you put out a version for each? I would be super appreciative

1 month later
#6674 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Who doesn't love the start sequence sound for LCMB? I couldn't get enough of it, so I took my new sound caller board that is driven by Total Lightshow, and made the recognizer target bank call that start sound, but only during LCMB. That target bank just sits there like a goon during LCMB, so now it does something useful. Headphones with good bass a must, the subwoofer is pumping here.

» YouTube video

Cool idea!

#6682 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Came across this cleaning my shop.
Is it a Tron mod? Does anyone want it?

Looks like power dist for mods, maybe special lighting... I have an LE, and there's a high possibility that it could be for a pro model only, if there's no takers and you're just trying to unload it to someone who will try and put it to good use, I'll take it. I'd sure like to know what it's supposed to be used for

#6683 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, a rough night in Tronland...pretty cool when it exploded, though...

Now that is what I call a "top night"!

1 week later
#6690 7 years ago

That's ok... the LE can still use the pinduino... but you gotta remove your gi, which will be daunting

3 weeks later
#6727 7 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Guys, if anyone is interested in a Discs of Tron minicab mod, please go post here that you'd buy one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-cabinet-we-are-now-taking-preorders-for-the-second-run
I have both arcades to go beside my TronLE and I'd love for the LE to have both minicabs in it, should we get enough interest to get the DoT minicabs made.
--Donnie

Nice... posted

3 months later
#6911 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Got my Tron put back together...
Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing ink black with blue metallic flake in the clear coat.
Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

Nice!, curious, what about the leg bolts, does no one get those done?

Beautiful work... im about to have my TZ done, I took apart the coin door to get it done too

1 week later
#6915 6 years ago

I second this, bought them for all my dmd games

#6931 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I only use Titian on the flippers. Yes, I have better control, they clean up nicely and look great. For me using rubber is like playing tennis with a wooden racket.

Well put

1 week later
#6960 6 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

looking good brother!
i also have the old devo pop cap bumpers.... really liking the look of those chromed out ones.
are these still available?

Google hooked on pinball, he's a great guy, can't say enough good things about him

#6974 6 years ago

Could do the half orange half blue look, pretty cool look for the game.

But mine is chrome chrome chrome, I may even chrome everyone's hands that touch it

#6996 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I went to put in new CT led flipper buttons and the buttons in the game already were freaking in there. Had to clamp them out. Went to put the new clear ones in, won't fit, will have to pretty much press them in.
Are people sanding down the buttons? Getting a special button or making the hole in the cab bigger?

Nope, not here, but some games, the buttons are crazy tight, maybe sand the hole a little?

#6997 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Leaked pic for the up and coming Tron 3 movie

Did a tron virus enter Asgard?

3 weeks later
#7001 6 years ago

Tron spin class

http://thecoolhunter.net/the-trip-a-spin-class-through-tron-new-zealand/

More like Tron in space sub reality

#7014 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I think he is just saying "Tron vault confirmed" as a joke response to the Disney ride coming to US...
It may happen some day, but I am not holding my breath (and am really glad I got my TRON in back 2015 when I was wondering if I should "wait for the vault")!

Thumbs up!
Thank you for posting it this way... I was about to be a punk

#7043 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I Tron so hard.

My buddies blue clear bat did the same thing

1 month later
#7114 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I miss Lamp...

Me too. cFlank was the flag runner with lightening kitty, I want lamp back, I love lamp

1 month later
#7294 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Hi everyone. Quick question. Is there a reason not to disable the post on the plunge? Mine seems to work intermittently. Also if there any other settings that people recommend using let me know. Just recently got the game and fixing it up. Thanks.
Jimmy

Just unplug it, no need for that post imo

1 week later
#7326 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

OMG! Where can I score one of these!!!

Yes this ^

3 months later
#7465 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sweet - god what does that program not do. Just made a sick mix for my GB prem. Will do the same when I get a tron back.

Please inform me when you start that project, your Gb prem edit is great!

#7473 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

One in particular is the bad guy that says ____ for everyone! Forgot what the first word is but there clip ends with crowd making noise and it sounds terrible to me. That's the first

Yes, the crowd cheering always sounded out of place

2 weeks later
#7504 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm going to replace the spinning pad and I've heard of many diff mods for this. Couple questions:
1) I have an extra strock black pad. How do I install it and does it require taking the spinning motor off of the PF?
2) What non stern pads/motors do you recommend?

Try to get a clear or blue rubber pad, the black one wears down too fast

1 week later
#7533 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had an LE for months. Never saw the mode.

I have an LE, when I play it every day, I hit it about once a week, it’s hard to get there, but sweet when I do

#7535 6 years ago

On the LE, you hit both ramps either 4 or 8 times in a single game, it starts daft punk multiball... it’s non existent on the Pro

#7538 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I believe it’s 8 shots to each ramp. So 16.

Yes this, sorry, I meant per ramp, there’s a setting to change the difficulty from 4 or 8 for each ramp

1 month later
#7652 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so here's the challenge. I want the same level of grip as the black (not crazy like the white) BUT I don't want that black tar everywhere on the pf. What do you do?!

Pinball center has (or had) a blue disc, not as wild as the clear, but not as wimpy as the black one, no black tar

2 weeks later
#7675 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - I bought this replacement for the spinner disc from pinball life and was expecting it to be stern's stock material (the one that came with the game). It's def not - it's like black rubber which prob won't cause that black mess like the original AND it's pretty strong. FYI
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2540
It doesn't look like the pic - it's black but shiny rubber. I wonder if it's just like the imported one?

Cool, I wish that when I added to cart in pinballlife it would stay there,

I recommend getting the clear plastic disc that goes with the rubber, it really sucks removing the old glue

1 week later
#7693 5 years ago

If anyone has a clear disc, I could use one

Or if anyone is buying from pinball.center, I’d like one from your order please

#7699 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best route.....
I'd be willing to pickup a couple more, if someone wants to put another order together (never getting rid of mine until they all go)....

I’ll be in on group buy

#7716 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I sent pinballcenter a message asking about shipping. Their site says they don't ship to the USA which seems odd as I've bought from them before. It also added $440 to the order at the same time. Will see what they say. I'll order a couple spares if they can help me with shipping, if not, I guess I'm stuck with the black from pinball life. Was really hoping to get a set of the clear as my friend had it on his game back when he still had it and the action from that disc was super fun. I once had a ball come out of the disc, go through the middle of the flippers and spin all the way back up for a Quora shot!

Myself and several people have had good success using a forwarding service to have pinball center ship to them and forward to the US, I don’t have time to deal with a group buy or I’d help out and help myself. But several folks would get upset with my timeliness for certain.

#7742 5 years ago

Put me down 1x clear, 1x blue

Thanks for doing this again, it helps to spread out the cost

#7802 5 years ago

Confirmed

#7850 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got the ramps done. Here are a couple comparison pics. Hard to compare as I changed the gi out as well. Not sure I'm liking the ice blue gi. A bit to much blue. May have to play with things. Also not sure about the ramps. Love it when they are off but not as vibrant when on. I think the gi is mainly at fault for that though.

That’s a sexy looking pin, can’t say that for most... sorry, I can’t help on the light cycle

#7861 5 years ago

Curious on the LE... is there a hook for the colors of the ramps... what I mean is, can I connect somewhere to have a set of rgb leds? I’d like to have something outside of the game be controlled by the ramp lighting system.

1 month later
#8038 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My girlfriends little boy is finally coming out of hospital, should be getting discharged at some point tomorrow hopefully early afternoon, so will finally have him back at home, which will put an end to the daily trips to and from the hospital morning and night.
Obviously this means I can get back up to speed and get all remaining orders out to you guys, but before that just a BIG thank you for everyone’s patience it has made a difficult time a lot easier and the kind words from some of you guys have been really appreciated by both myself and the misses.

Thank you for the update. I’m glad he is getting better

3 weeks later
#8181 5 years ago

Id say, If you love TZ and hate Tron, Get a TRON, if you love TRON and Hate TZ, Get a TRON!

also... If you have 3, 4 or 5 system 11's, sell them and get a TRON!

If you have 20 EM's, sell them all but Spanish Eyes, and get a TRON!

... and then buy a TNA and put it next to TRON!

yeah... that about does it, pretty much TRON for the win no matter what, but if you have a spanish eyes, keep it, your mom likes it.

#8234 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

For my backglass, I cut my LED chase light strips into three strips and re-wired them as one with wires as little longer as each strip length vertically. This way I could have all three strips side by side and "off-set" each of the three strips instead of just using a single short strip. The effect looks like a flow of energy instead of just a single pulse. Both look types of effects look great but it all depends on the effect you are going for I guess.
See my example as something else that can be done with chase lights. I will post a pic of the wire work in the future if people care to see it.

Yeah! Show us how you did it!

1 week later
#8272 5 years ago

For Tron, yes

1 week later
#8290 5 years ago

Latest edition to LE#363

89E4E139-2570-43A3-90C9-CC5A9E08BFA5 (resized).jpeg89E4E139-2570-43A3-90C9-CC5A9E08BFA5 (resized).jpeg
#8292 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

That looks awesome! Is it a custom one-off?

Thank you.. about a year in the making ... Unfortunately yes, a one off

This pic has it installed in my GB, I’ll get it in my Game soon

#8294 5 years ago
Quoted from kickabit:

Damn, that is sweet. Are you sure you couldn’t make a couple more?

I can try, but ill have to find a different print source, printing translites on a good media is apparently not easy??

#8303 5 years ago

Someone find me someone states-side that can print translites, I don't seem to know anyone that can do it correctly other than the fellow that only does one-offs

#8307 5 years ago

I’ve had him do some work for me in the past, I’ll give gog a shot

1 month later
#8420 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Those ones will only fit on Z U or S targets.
There is a thin version that I used for the "E". The file is named "mk8_slim" which I just uploaded. I'd forgotten to upload it.
Comparison
[quoted image]

Added 13 days ago: Link here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

Any chance someone stateside could make a few sets of these for me...

I need them for TronLE, Star Trek Prem, and Ghostbusters prem. Pm me if interested, thx!

#8422 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:Slightly different design but Mezel sells them commercially - https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

Thank you ,
I see them, just thought someone might want to make a few bucks

1 week later
#8478 5 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

I heard from a pretty good source we may get a code update.
[quoted image]

Ha! Tease

2 months later
#8682 5 years ago

Anyone know what to do to reduce power on the eject coil for the shooter lane?

Mine fires the ball like a rocket, thank goodness there’s a metal bracket there, I get a super “crack” every time the ball goes to the shooter

#8688 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

chosen_s i found a different, but somewhat similar problem... reading this thread might give you some things to look for with your situation.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-weaken-a-coil#post-1629714-parent

Great thread , even if just to have in my pocket for later on. Thank you

#8717 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Thanks again guys. I figured as much but wasn't sure.

I’d tape off the area with blue painters tape... take a paper plate and black satin Krylon outside and spray a generous amount on the paper plate to create a small pool of paint... use an artists brush or fine tip sponge brush and artistically paint the wood, repeat as necessary ... let dry for 5 minutes and remove blue tape

1 week later
#8764 5 years ago

I have the full mirror blades. I think the Tron ones are much more in tune with the game. I’ll be buying them sometime

#8766 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Only thing I'm worried about is how much light I will be losing with dropping my mirror blades out. I like how shiney it gets.

It does get shiny! Very hard decision indeed

1 month later
#8821 5 years ago

PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it). But he'll do a custom mix for you if you want one!
Here's the vid from last night:

Wow! I love it, message sent to pinballmix

1 week later
#8848 5 years ago
ED594774-99F0-44EB-BD31-1716D9F6F1EB (resized).jpegED594774-99F0-44EB-BD31-1716D9F6F1EB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8881 5 years ago

The Flynn sign is mounted so far out of the way, I don’t see it ever getting hit by an air ball

1 week later
#8901 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, my right flipper just stopped working in my Tron. I did a coil test and nothing registers. I checked the fuses in the backbox and they are all good. Any ideas what I could be missing? Thank you.

I just had the same thing happen to my flipper on my TAF, check all of your wiring and your connectors and the pins on the board, reflow solder connections for the pins and the backs of the fuse holders. For some crazy reason I wasn’t getting power to the flipper with a solid connection, this fixed my issue after tracing wires for a week

2 weeks later
#8933 4 years ago

I had PinballMIX remix the music in the sound package for me. It has brought new life to an already awesome sound track. I’ve been playing Tron much more these days and find myself getting mad at my poor skill and pushing myself to get better all over again.

#8959 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you explain how this works? I was looking to obtain the current LE mixes out there but never heard of this

Why you do is gather up mp3’s Of music and sound effects you want mixed into the soundtrack , PinballMIX will mix it in and replace songs entirely and mix in Easter eggs and such...

For instance, he and I used the original Tron sound effects from the arcade game, and other sound effects from other pinball machines. As well as separate ways by journey. And I sent about 25 songs that I have from various artists to replace some of the music, while keeping some songs in place.

He does a professional job, and loops things to perfection. After you get your mix, he sends along a checklist that you can fill out so he can tweak things that you want tweaked a little bit to make perfect. To me it was worth the money to update the game to some modern sounds.

#8962 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sounds interesting. I've made a few mixes but effort is def high. How much?

I believe he charges somewhere abouts $250

#8978 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow ok that's crazy. Thanks for confirming

Quoted from PinballMIX:

Yeah, looks like a really solid movie mix.
As for Pinball MIX, it is a different option. Some of my clients have given me specific suggestions on what songs they want in specific modes, but most of them give 20-30 songs that they really like and trust Pinball MIX to find the best fits (flow and loop wise).
If any of the music originally given to Pinball MIX doesn't fit properly (square peg ... round hole), there is strong communication and Pinball MIX will request/suggest more music options to make a cohesive and professional sound package.

Quoted from insx:

As hard as it is to edit music to be just the right length and all that stuff, I think the hardest thing for me for a custom remix would be deciding what music to use. I have a fair bit of electronica and I'm sure some of it would fit Tron nicely if I spent some time thinking about it. However, I think the "movie faithful" guy did a really good job with the Tron Legacy themes and remixes.

It’s hard to remix music , especially if you don’t own the machine. Then it turns out really great, we spend $$$ on mods to make the game look personalized, I decided to go this route because now it sounds really sweet, modded just the way I want

1 month later
#9050 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Yay, I got a lucky Gem shot (it's always the Gem shot) and got to Portal last night.

That gem shot, and (the skill shot through the trees on woz) are the hardest shots to me on all of my games.

1 month later
#9178 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:Tron is one of the beater short rule pins.

Watch your mouth on the grid!

#9182 4 years ago

Cf is a good guy, he and pinside did not agree, he and friends hang out on Facebook last I checked, he is still Tron and still loves it more than lightening kitty

3 months later
#9284 4 years ago

Going to buy a color DMD for my LE, what is the consensus on LED vs LCD for Tron?

#9287 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mine came with the LCD version but I swapped to the LED. IMO the LED version looks more TRONish...

Quoted from EricHadley:

I always prefer the LCD w/DOTSXL. The LED doesn't look good IMO

Thanks guys

Lol, anyone else chime in?

#9291 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I switched mine for LED, had the LCD. I think the led fits Tron much better.

I guess I could get the led and swap it into Star Trek if I prefer the lcd later on

1 week later
#9301 4 years ago

I feel dumb and can’t find info... is Tron a mono or stereo game? From memory of it’s wiring, thinking it’s mono.

I’m on the quest of getting the best sound out of it as possible. I currently have a flipper fidelity kit installed and a Polk10” sub under the cab... and I’m underwhelmed. I know it can be much better. Not really looking for the pinwoofer solution at this moment either. I’m thinking more Danesi Designs

1 week later
#9309 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I believe all SAM games are mono (which includes TRON).
I just installed PinWoofer kits in my KISS and AC/DC and was blown away by the results. The PW amps are awesome. I installed them while reusing my upgraded backbox speakers on my AC/DC. I plan on integrating these amps with my existing Flipper Fidelity speakers on Metallica and TRON later this week.
I'm curious...did you install a PinWoofer Kit? If so, what didn't you like? If not, I highly recommend the product. I've fiddled with various audio upgrades and think it's best-of-breed (and sensibly priced when compared to other mods).

I like the pw amps just fine that I put in Radical , I think they’re good for back box speakers. But the sub in Tron really needs a padded box with a port hole and a 400watt amp... 100watts is silly and makes the woofer sound not so good when the volume level is turned up.

I think to be serious about boosting the bass in these higher end pins more extreme measures need to be taken as Scott Danesi showed us with TNA. (Maybe not just placing a lone sub under each game, maybe doing superior bass in the cab, then adding a sub)... it sounds like overkill, but with the one game I have done this with, the bass is outstanding

#9326 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I decided I wanted to improve the neon flickering effect on my Flynn's sign, and I found some time to write the controller code.
It does a flickering effect when turning on, then a pulsating while it stays on.

Oooo that’s sexy

2 weeks later
#9332 4 years ago

Yes, I have it on mine. I like it. It does crazy things with the ball from time to time. But nothing damaging. I recommend it

1 month later
#9336 4 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Can I commission one for my machine? Love the effect!

Same here!

3 weeks later
#9350 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cannot, moderators up my Ass for changing the NFL thread title, Id hate to break any more rules

Centerflank Lives!!!!

Welcome back buddy!

1 week later
#9387 4 years ago

I was working on my tron and the leads to the subwoofer were shorted out, now I have no low end in the subwoofer , what gets knocked out on the audio amp to cause this?

#9389 4 years ago

Posted a help needed thread, also to help document the issue in case anyone else ever has this issue

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-tron-low-end-audio-out

1 week later
#9418 4 years ago

What’s better than Tron LE?

2 Tron LE’s

Took this photo at a friends house

E8DAF3EB-4EF9-4B01-8211-0CB0A71927E8 (resized).jpegE8DAF3EB-4EF9-4B01-8211-0CB0A71927E8 (resized).jpeg
#9424 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

wow! looks like they also really love ... swatch watches?

Yes, probably the most awesome swatch collection, he has 3 wall clocks and a lit commercial sign

Quoted from underlord:

If he’s transporting one or selling one, I get it. But two keepers? Uhm, why??

One of them belongs to my buddies friend, he’s shopping it out for him.

Quoted from N-Squared:

What's the difference if any between the two?
I noticed that the one on the right has the Start button in the lower location.
Does that mean one is possibly set up for Tournament play and the other on Normal?

We were trying to figure out the extra button, at first I thought it was volume, but maybe it was the tourney button

The one on the right has the chrome apron, other than that, mostly the same; different Flynn sign mods, different LEDs

4 months later
#9578 3 years ago
F5DFD23F-4A5C-4587-9323-211725CFBF47 (resized).pngF5DFD23F-4A5C-4587-9323-211725CFBF47 (resized).png
1 month later
#9645 3 years ago

In case anyone cares, I got photos of the original Flynn sign close up, didn’t know it wasn’t orange or different colors

8FF5BE1E-3254-4C60-A956-122BA76AD99D (resized).jpeg8FF5BE1E-3254-4C60-A956-122BA76AD99D (resized).jpeg8E4A1BF7-9A3F-46D0-9E27-9B3FB21DD4B5 (resized).jpeg8E4A1BF7-9A3F-46D0-9E27-9B3FB21DD4B5 (resized).jpegF18D8A98-D974-4DFF-8046-6158F52D7222 (resized).jpegF18D8A98-D974-4DFF-8046-6158F52D7222 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9673 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any Tron owners in here who happen to be fairy badass with photoshop?

What are you wanting to do?

3 weeks later
#9697 3 years ago
19AA994D-31DD-456F-9BFB-D8088C7E5B3F (resized).jpeg19AA994D-31DD-456F-9BFB-D8088C7E5B3F (resized).jpeg3AA3AFEE-5DCE-46B1-B764-226F61C4DCA3 (resized).jpeg3AA3AFEE-5DCE-46B1-B764-226F61C4DCA3 (resized).jpeg8F6CD687-3E9A-484C-BE7E-08744CC94643 (resized).jpeg8F6CD687-3E9A-484C-BE7E-08744CC94643 (resized).jpeg1DCDF623-B632-4EC9-A188-147697E08730 (resized).jpeg1DCDF623-B632-4EC9-A188-147697E08730 (resized).jpeg4BE1E822-1FA0-4265-B3C9-485E677B75F6 (resized).jpeg4BE1E822-1FA0-4265-B3C9-485E677B75F6 (resized).jpeg3785EEFB-4ABC-4551-88C2-BC0682AA8AD8 (resized).jpeg3785EEFB-4ABC-4551-88C2-BC0682AA8AD8 (resized).jpeg54527464-DD4B-4B05-A71C-7FF9F01F29E7 (resized).jpeg54527464-DD4B-4B05-A71C-7FF9F01F29E7 (resized).jpeg
#9699 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That looks awesome! More details please.

Thank you!

3D print files here...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:874145/comments

I got the 3.2mm EL wire from eBay .

I had a local 3D print studio print the letters and frame and color match vinyl.

Then spent the 60 hours or so it takes to learn/develop skill/refine skill/manipulate the 3D printed fragile letters, EL wire, general wiring/solder and hot glue.

I think if I made another, It might take me 40 hours to build.

EL wire splicing is very time consuming and difficult, once you refine the skill, you’ll have it for life.

#9702 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Very nice! I’ve seen something similar posted before. Might’ve been here or KLOV. Wish someone would mass produce these. Or make a smaller version of the neon one all over eBay. Would make a great topper.

Thank you! As far as this design There’s no cost effective way, there’s simply a ton of labor and patience involved.

1 week later
#9707 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Sooo I got to Portal multiball and the anticlimactic hype is real
Has anyone been able to make it more exciting with a different tune in pinball browser? I’ve got a great pb mix in my Tron that I got off a pinsider last year when I got the game, but Portal mb is so lacking it’s like it needs a super special hyped up Daft Punk mix to salvage it!?

How about robot rock?

Or this... just turn up the tempo a little possibly

1 week later
#9724 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just acquired a Tron Pro, which has been modded with diffusing fiber optics tubes on the ramps. Unfortunately the control unit is a simple RGB led source with a remote control, so while it does look nice, it does not respond to gameplay.
I'm therefore trying to figure out where to get an Eli kit or equivalent, but can't find any. Would you know by any chance if there is an alternate option (or better, an available kit somewhere) ?
Thanks

Spend some time looking into rgb led neon, maybe there’s a good option to use with the pinduino

AliExpress or ebay has some options possibly.

Also, maybe EL wire?? Maybe el wire inside a diffused tubing?

What about EL tape?? Maybe too rigid

Maybe hook el wire up to the pinduino somehow?

Quoted from ArcadeBar:

YES! Thats perfect - I like Robot Rock dropped in around 21 secs so the intro isn't too long and then BooM it kicks in with intense multi ball rock!! Do you do Pinball Browser?!

I don’t have pinball browser... yet. I plan on getting it sometime.

Post a vid with robot rock installed if you make it happen

I have it as the multiball song in my Gamatron pin. Pretty awesome with no compression

1 month later
#9767 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

A HELLO from the (lockdown) grid!
After an attempt without success months ago my friend and I didn‘t move on with this project.
Sadly we have our second covid19 lockdown now in Austria & so we started (in safe distance from each other) one more time.
This is our first prototype which I’m going to try on my LE next Tuesday.
I hope it fits & looks as good as the original one on both ramps.
I loved this mod so much back in the days.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice, count me in

2 weeks later
#9821 3 years ago

I’ll take a set

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Greetings,
Working in a DIY mod for Tron, and would like to know where I could find a male connector I could use to get the flashers signal from beneath the spinning disc.
Picture attached of the flasher
Cheers
[quoted image]

Try comet pinball

4 months later
#10107 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I have an extra set of Tron mirror blades I bought from Cointaker 2-3 years ago. I decided I liked another set of art blades, so these have just been sitting in the original box. They are $160 new.
If anyone wants them for free, I’ll ship them if you wanna pay shipping. I don’t want any $ for them. They arrived with slight bends and a few tiny scuffs, but I doubt either would show when installed. See pics below.
Whoever PMs me first and pays shipping can have them.
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent!

Let me know how much shipping is if I was first
Thank you for your generosity

#10119 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

HAHA! That was super fun.
Just for the record, this version was just for fun, but I do plan on re-writing the soundtrack to this game from scratch in the future and making a serious version. I will keep you all posted on that.
--Scott

Bro, don’t tease, I’ll be glued to the club thread now....

Custom dmd animations!? I gotta see that

1 week later
#10166 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

<blockquote

That’s beyond my skill set and a bigger project than I can take on. If someone else wants to run with it I’m all ears.

Freeplay40

Quoted from athenspin:

If someone offered me silly $$$ I could possibly as well. [quoted image][quoted image]

athenspin
Freeplay40 could you guys maybe work together to get some new Tron ramps made?

3 months later
#10477 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Could be. I had to update the code to restore the original music. I had the ability to reduce the number of GEM shots when I had the other music on it, but now it’s gone.
Does anyone else recall being able to do things in the code like reduce the number of GEM shots needed or reduce the number of recognizer hits needed? Can anyone still access these things on the latest code?

I remember seeing a gem shot change in the settings. I’ll look tomorrow

9 months later
#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Are new ramps available for these? Both mine are broken at the entrances.
I'm aware of the wireform ones that are under development, but it seems to have stopped?

Would be good to know, I’d love to have backup spare ramps

4 months later
#10875 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Put Precision Hographics on my Tron. Fantastic mod that makes it look and sound ?
[quoted image]

What you say Willis?

1 month later
#11013 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Anyone sell stern chrome pop bumper bodies in the U.S., didn't see any on Marcos or PBL

Hooked on pinball . Com

2 months later
#11189 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I wanted something a little different on my tron. Just got this highly metallic orange powder coat done by pinball refinery. Really digging the look.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool! Maybe orange Tmoulding around the backbox??

#11192 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone selling Tron to buy Foo fighters?

Looks like Aurich is, lol

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

keeping the LE... forever)

Same here, heirloom to my boys

#11218 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Took the advice and switched the chrome t molding for orange. It really pops.
[quoted image]

Nice!

#11221 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How fun is the Alien game? Im jumping back into the pinball pool again, looking to buy something.

Bro! You’re alive!!!! Centerflank lives!

#11224 1 year ago

Alien is great, go play one you’ll see

Deadpool is amazing too, I have fun with both, they’re very different from each other

That new foo fighters game look fun

#11226 1 year ago

centerflank , can you please change the damn name of this thread to something more tronish , that anchorman throwback is blech

1 week later
#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

what shocks me about this picture, is that every time someone is selling a pin, or showing a pic of a pin like above, Godzilla is often in the same room. lol
My questions being, how many million GZ pinball machines have been made? lol.
It will probably surpass T2, TZ and AF.

The same happened when Ghostbusters came out, they were in almost every picture on pinside for over a year

#11265 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Were the LE playfields different than the pros IDK

Yes, the art has more bling on the LE

#11293 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Just installed mirror blades. I had the tilt graphics art blades but these look so much better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the light!

2 months later
#11386 9 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all. I effed up my tron le pretty bad. Long story short, I was setting up a new game next to tron and a stripped leg bolt caused it to fall into the left side of Tron and scraped the left body decal.
I’m distraught. If anyone needs amazing karma, and has a stockpiled left cab (or whole set) they would sell me, I would be so grateful.

Man, I’m sorry that happened

Might be a good time to get in on the mirrored decals that are being worked on

2 months later
#11452 7 months ago

There’s a Tron LE for sale at fun! Amusements and games in mesquite Texas, 19k I believe

1 month later
#11492 5 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

well....hopefully you didn't see that one thread last night

dang I missed it

3 months later
#11570 81 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mach 3 is what makes it the best toy in pinball.

this is correct, the insane ball throw is what keeps me coming back

#11572 80 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Specially when it flies down at Mach 3, does a little stall right in front of the flipper and just kisses it.
Makes my pants move.

Even better when the ball goes between the flippers and shoots right back up toward the disc

#11575 80 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can someone explain how to get to daft punk multiball on my LE? I’m kinda surprised I haven’t just stumbled into it by now…

Both ramps 4x apiece, unless you change it in the settings

1 month later
#11605 47 days ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

I added delay triggering boards to Tron. Makes a great visual difference over static lights. I double stacked the ramp entrance switches and made a new gate form to trigger them both. The trigger boards are also adjustable. I like this time phase, but it can go either way long or short. Almost traded the game and it just hit me to try the boards I am using for my Jaws attacking cage solenoid driver. Glad I kept the game. I have had it 4 times now..

Did you use this delay relay? I’m using it on radical for the proto vuk, works great!

IMG_6148 (resized).pngIMG_6148 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.