IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnsbit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6588 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No need to be sorry. To each their own. I've now finished and happy with the results, changed LC multi and Portal music, plus a bunch of added speech and call outs from the LE version.

Will you share?

#6591 7 years ago

Got my ColorDMD LED installed and I love it!

20161107_215350 (resized).jpg20161107_215350 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6663 7 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone have a link to download the Pinball Browser sound update ROM file like the one retro_p shared a year ago? I bought my Pro NIB and it hasn't been getting any love lately, I'd like to try a music refresh to see if I can get back into this game. Or if someone has a newer .bin file with "must have" sounds and music, please PM me. Thanks.

PM sent.

4 months later
#6897 6 years ago

Does anyone have a soft copy of the instructions for the Tron mini cabinet install? Mine is coming on about 50% of the time and it was installed before I got this machine. It has a resistor soldered onto to connector and I need to see if that was a hack or intended.

#6901 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Also in the black screen club. Jiggling the cables going into the unit usually fixes it, did not consider the extension cables. Hope that helps, as the cabinet itself looks pretty hard to take apart with all the hot glue. Thanks for the info!

Yup, sounds just like mine, it seems that Jiggling the cable solution has stopped working for me. I don't mind taking it apart but would love to know what I am looking at.

4 weeks later
#6952 6 years ago

Finally getting better at my Tron after having it since November, I was averaging around 9-16 million and now I am hitting 35 million pretty regularly. I realize this is not an amazing score but I had never played a pinball machine in my life before this year and didn't really understand that there were "rules". My wife got me into it last year and it has been non-stop pinball since.

My latest strategy is to get the Quorra shot and then directly into Gem as well as focusing on hitting the Gem shot as a skill shot. That has helped a lot.

#6954 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Oh man......lol.
On a side note, I recently changed my flippers rubbers to Superbands and had an immediate effect on my scores and ball times! Interesting!

Yeah, I am a noob of noobs.

2 months later
#7100 6 years ago

Thought you guys might enjoy a mod I have been working on. This is is the first prototype, it is on another piece of plexi so I can easily remove it and test with. I am still trying to decide how long to leave the bike in a wheelie and if it just do more that one when that ramp is hit. I still need to tie in the blue light cycle but I am waiting on a part. It is controlled by an Arduino.

Tron Wheelie (resized).JPGTron Wheelie (resized).JPG

#7108 6 years ago

Light cycles are done, I have the outer lanes and ramp shots tied to the wheelie mechs for each. Here is a tease for the next mod.

tron_recognizer.giftron_recognizer.gif

1 month later
#7258 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pm's sent.
As for everyone that has made payment, thank you guys for bearing with me, I know I have said it multiple times but I am genuinely grateful for your patience, expect your tracking numbers tomorrow morning before midday GMT.
Now onto the bad news, after 2 days I currently still haven't heard back from a few pinsiders, could you guys let me know if you are having discs or not? Obviously it was my mistake buying discs without taking any money off anyone, lesson learnt I guess, but if you could at least let me know then maybe I can sell them on, currently looking like I could be left with 8 discs

I'll buy one if those others back out.

2 weeks later
#7317 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Gem is pretty amazing.. from the movie I really wished they showed her dancing
More.. they just show her dancing for a millisecond it was awesome. Whoever is making that lcd mod include gem !

Gem has her own mode announcement and video that runs while active. Oh she is there!

#7324 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'll have to look for that--the shot is so tough to hit I've never looked at the dmd during Gem.

He means this Playfield LCD not the DMD,

Gem at 2:10

1 month later
#7411 6 years ago

Thought you guys might like a mod I have been working on for a while. Don't forget to scroll down to the next post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/2#post-4134041

IMG_3660 (resized).JPGIMG_3660 (resized).JPG

#7413 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Is it just me? Or are we seeing the birth of the successor to ColorDMD? I hope you have your patents and work affairs in order... I have a feeling this could be huge!!

90% of the code should work with any Stern SAM machine (with a pinball-browser patch or Total Light Show board). The video editing can be a pain in the butt, but maybe other people will get on board and create stuff to share. When I am happy with Tron, Stern Star Trek is next.

1 month later
#7489 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

In the rare event one actually makes it to Portal, what is a good strategy to rack up points?

Flail around like an idiot losing any and all pinball skills you have built up over the years to this moment, drain.

Portal shouldn't be about the score, but instead completing it. All 24 shots plus the super jackpot. High scoring should have come before Portal in my opinion, combos and end of line. From someone else "the biggest single hit you can get is completing all events before SOS, than get double scoring and start portal. that's 100 million right there."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnsbit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.