tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
#6653 7 years ago

Anyone know of a TRON LE NIB that might be hiding out somewhere?

#6657 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you can buy my HUO, original owner, was NIB, Tron LE for $32,000 USD + shipping.

Tempting, but I think I'll have to pass on your Tron Labnip, there's just too many Tron LEs that used to be NIB on the market now, however I'd love a little of whatever your smoking LOL

1 month later
#6710 7 years ago

Finally after months of searching the Grid I have found a NIB TRON PRO & LE, just waiting to hear back on prices

#6712 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I hope you have deep pockets, and proof if they're uk-based!
Buy a used but tastefully modded Pro for a relatively reasonable sum! Few of them about.

Of course its a UK game Paul

Have you got the Eli Ramp Kit on your Pro Paul? I know Pinbits sell a ramp kit for the Pro based on Eli original, have you had much time with a LE, how good is the Pro kit compared to the LE ramp lights?

#6715 7 years ago

I've had quite a bit of time on an LE and my Pro has the Eli kit, fitted personally! It's great, and I find it much brighter. I'm not tempted by the LE in any way now, other than kudos, as I actually prefer the Pro and don't want the 4 drop-targets. My opinion only.

Brighter you say? I do like my lights bright so that sounds good. I had an LE years ago but it had to go along with 90% of my collection at the time and as insignificant as it is I loved that silver edging/outline on the inserts of the LE, literally it was the one thing I loved about my LE over the pro, other than that pro/prem/le doesn't mean a lot to me other than which one I personally like better for what ever reason it takes my fancy.

3 weeks later
#6728 7 years ago

Still looking for a NIB TRON LE or a TRON LE playfield, if anyone knows of one please pm, thanks!

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#6785 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

anyone interested in this stainless steel speaker panel

Looks awesome but is there anyway to make the beams from the cycles bigger or more dramatic? at the moment the single line behind both cycles is a little underwhelming if you could sort that out I would be interested 100% so I could back light the hell out of it

#6790 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

order Deadline is sunday
$ 85,- + 20,- shipping

Is that the final design? I would be interested if the lightcycle tracks where larger.

4 months later
#7067 6 years ago

Seems to be a lot of Recognizer mods available? Who does the best?

#7069 6 years ago

Which protector does everyone use/have on their Arcade Scoop?

Cliffy?

Mantis?

No protector?

#7072 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Depends on what you want to protect...

The scoop

Just curious what people have put on their arcade scoop to protect from wear etc

#7077 6 years ago

On my last TRON I had a mantis and filled the gap between the mantis and the playfield edge with super hard clear nail polish worked perfectly.

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My Cliffy is super flush....you have me wondering now....

I use Cliffys aswel but on a new game l, I try to avoid them I like to be able to see all the playfield and the art and finishes. On my old TRON I had a mantis and covered the edges and then filled in the gap between the two with super hard clear nail polish, can be easily refilled if chipped but that never happened with couple 1000 games on it.

Maybe Stern should start using the stuff for their clearcoats?

#7083 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I love Titan translucents. They are definitely more lively than standard black. That's the best part!
Do they look like these?

4b2e2b5df26c803cad99ec25c4fcb38fd0ac9166 (resized).jpg

Can anyone confirm the rubbers used on the slings in the photo/post above are Titans? would like to replicate the look on my game.

#7086 6 years ago

Yeah I wasn't aware of anyone else doing translucent rubbers other than titan, but in this hobby its easy to miss whos making what these days with so many options out there. So guess these are titans then, looks GREAT on that game.

#7090 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

He you go:

There is a bevel on the opening. The protector lines up at the bottom on it.

Looks good, the bevelled edges certainly help and are tougher wearing, I believe Stern have started doing that again at the outhole as of SW to help against chipping.

#7098 6 years ago

Yeah. Seems like Marco always has the premium price. Looks like Marco is almost double Bay Area Amusements at $145. I guess that is why Bay Area Amusements is out of stock.

Marco seem to always be the most expensive, where ever possible i try to buy from elsewhere and support the guys offering the better pricing.

Pinballlife is my no.1 place for all my pinball needs whenever possible I try to order from Terry & co, good pricing and even better service.

1 week later
#7111 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Light cycles are done, I have the outer lanes and ramp shots tied to the wheelie mechs for each. Here is a tease for the next mod.

You have my interest.... go on do tell more

#7115 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I miss Lamp...

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want lamp back, I love lamp

Lamp + Tron = Gem's Umbrella

IMG_4488 (resized).JPGIMG_4488 (resized).JPG

#7117 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This thinking I like...ALOT...

I don't often like the idea of movie spin off's but I would have sat an watched a Gem spin off

#7120 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I concur. I make no effort to hide the fact that I am totally enamored with Gem. The music for her mode puts me in a nice groove. I have discovered the most satisfying shot in all pinball is to get Gem started, then Quorra, then nail the combo to complete them both with one shot. Yessssss.

My only complaint is there is not enough Gem in the pin or the movie. Luckily I plan on adding some more of her via pinball browser she had a couple cool lines in the film that would sound awesome in the pin.

Would love to add:

Sam: What am I supposed to do!?
Gem: Survive!

At the beginning of a ball or possibly if the option is there and I'm flailing and haven't hit a switch.

#7125 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys so I finally got my Tron HUO LE up and running. It kept resetting and rebooting when I first hooked it up. I went over every single wire and did not see any loose connections. I think it may be my outlet, or even the reset button the CPU board, Im not sure, but it hasn't done it in the last 24 hours. I updated to the newest firmware from version 1.0! Anyways, this unit has never been played, so I used some product called
Wizard wax (amazon.com link »
on the play field. Someone else on the forum recommended It. So I rubbed it in with a microfiber towel. How do you get into those tough areas underneath the ramps?? Anything someone can suggest. I think it looks much better, much more clean then before. Im about to install that mini cab mod, but Im scared, never done this kind of work before, Im new to pinball
Thanks!
Mo!

Hey Mo

Never used that product so don't know anything about it but someone here will. As for the hard to reach areas under the ramps, the best way to clean and if you want to wax that area is remove the ramps. As for the arcade mod, it should have instructions with it? if not I can email you a set, its real easy though you will be surprised how easy it is to do so don't sweat it, the other thing to remember is whenever you doing anything that requires dismantling or removing parts take photos for reference each step, that way if you get side tracked like I often do by my kids and forget where that one nut/screw came from and goes back, you can reference photos, its what I used to do the first time I ever did something I hadn't done before, got me out of a few screws ups

#7136 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Update to the newest code if it doesn't have it. My HUO LE with zero plays had version 1.0. Updating made a huge difference!

I am sure I'll be in the same boat, I'll be updating while I install the arcade mod and a couple others

#7139 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My Stern was very picky. I tried 3 different USB drives before it finally recognized one. Weird. Must have to be an older USB drive or something. On a side note, my Star Wars LE is coming. What is really really dumb is how they changed the power switch from underneath the front of the machine to the underneath the head! I mean, so dumb! I have all my machines setup next to each other, now I need a stick to turn it on , because I can' squeeze my body between them to turn it on.

Out of the dozen or so Sterns I have owned I have only had one that was fussy about what USB stick it would recognise. The TRON LE should leave NJ next month so hopefully I'll have ever by early October

Yeah the new power button is abit of a nuisance, luckily I am just under 6'2 so I can reach the new button easily but I still always go to the old location first out of habit.

#7141 6 years ago

Who makes/sells the best Recognizer mod?

#7153 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Seen a few posts but wanted to see the best recognizer

I have been asking the same thing myself but with no joy or response.

There are quite a few different Recognizer mods so I'd love to hear some opinions on who's is the best and why.

#7157 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think mine fires orange down, and works w the recognizer mode engaged...

Kim's from KimballsPinballs?

#7173 6 years ago

If any TRON owners here want one of those from Germany let me know and I'll see what I can do for you! €420 for shipping is horse sh*t.

#7180 6 years ago

Last day today guys if anyone else wants clear Tron discs please let me know before the end of the day!

To all those that have pm'd me I will be putting the order in tonight, so keep an eye out for a pm later.

#7183 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Last day today guys if anyone else wants clear Tron discs please let me know before the end of the day!
To all those that have pm'd me I will be putting the order in tonight, so keep an eye out for a pm later.

Holy crap guys, my mail box exploded tonight with requests for clear discs, I literally have about 20 people who want orders so if you can all bare with me so I can make sure I get this right and organised I'd appreciate it, was expecting to order a dozen discs it's now looking like its going to be an order of about about 40 discs

#7185 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Maybe add $2.50 or $3 per disc for your services? I don't mind a small contribution for your time and energy and you'll have a nice little profit!

Thanks dude, a couple of the people who have pm'd me have said the same thing but just so it's easy for everyone who's pm'd me to see, I won't be adding anything for myself as it's really no trouble at all.

I have had plenty of help off Pinsiders in the US for pinball and non pinball related stuff so I am more than happy to help out and return the favour.

#7186 6 years ago

Quick update guys, tried to order tonight but site wouldn't let me order the total number needed so I have emailed them for numbers soon as I hear back I will update thread again, probably be Monday but ill update if I hear sooner.

BTW shipping from UK to USA should be no more than £15-20, guaranteed delivery within 10 days, tracked, insured and require a signature, if I can squeeze them in something really small yet rigid to avoid any bending or damage I am hoping to get shipping costs down to around £10, hope that sounds okay to everyone.

#7188 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I didn't get in before your deadline yesterday, but wondering if you're open to adding more to the order now that things have been delayed. I sent you a PM, so possibly you can respond there. Thanks either way!!

Oh don't worry about that "deadline" I got your pm and made a note of it and its part of the order already

Sorry I haven't already replied to you direct I got pummelled with requests, a lot more than I was expecting but its all good

#7189 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I sent you a PM, so possibly you can respond there.

Just did and also responded to everyone who pm'd me either today or yesterday - should have replied to everyone now, if I have missed anyone and not replied now via pm then sorry about that just pm me again and ill get you added to the list.

Thanks for bearing with me guys.

#7195 6 years ago

I will pm everyone that's in on the clear disc order with a little invoice of sorts later today, so look out for a pm shortly.

#7197 6 years ago

Just little update for everyone order is sorted, didn't get chance to pm everyone last night as my daughter had a high temperature so spent the night reading bedtime stories instead, will catch up tonight and pm everyone at some point later tonight.

#7198 6 years ago

Everyone should have received a pm within the last 5 minutes took me a while to work through everyone.

Please reply direct to that pm and confirm the required details - number of discs & shipping address.

1 week later
#7204 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Probably time for my LE to join the clear disk club. I know I missed the bus but does anyone have an extra one? Thanks, Mike

I have a couple spare due to people ordering and now not replying via pm, so I am left out of pocket with about 4 discs spare.

I have been busy this week in hospital with my little one so I haven't had chance to pack up everyone's orders yet so if you pm me your details, address, PayPal details so I can send you an invoice I'll get it on it asap!

#7205 6 years ago

Touching on my post above, to all those in on a clear disc, providing me and the misses don't spend the majority of this next week in the hospital again, packages should be priced and invoices sent out.

#7213 6 years ago

Quick disc update guys I will be good to go this week and get invoices sent for the weekend I hope. Apolgies for the delays it's 3:15am here in the UK at the moment and we have had a couple of particularly bad nights in the hospital this week, not to mention some a**hole broke into our house last night and 8 others while we where both sat here in the ICU ward, so that took priority today what with police and forensics coming round. Again my apologies and thanks for bearing with me.

#7218 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Sorry to hear of your travails.
The fact that you're taking time to post here & to apologize speaks volumes about your character.
I hope things take an all-around turn for the better for you!
-Jason

Thanks Jason, I just hate to make people wait or let people down, doesn't take me more than a few seconds to just communicate delays and apologise for them plus Pinside has been keeping me sane, there is only so long you can look at the same 4 walls without going a little stir crazy, thankfully today we are able to leave the ward for a few hours so going to be having a little day out today and hopefully again tomorrow.

#7219 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Damn that really sucks. Hope the deadshits that broke in didn't get anything worthwhile out of it. Even though it is a real kick in the guts to you when you are obviously going through something pretty serious.
I have a lot of sympathy for you at this tough time as my wife and i spent a week in hospital with our little one only a few weeks ago. It is very tough not being able to do anything and I'm sure all the guys who are after the discs know that family comes first. Everything else can wait a while until you guys are all good again.

Lucky for them (and me really) we weren't home, there's a good chance they would have got in but not left with there kneecaps intact. Thankfully due to their greed we think they did next door at the same time and their dog disturbed them, so just an iPad gone, more bothered about the photos of the kids on it than the iPad itself.

Sorry to hear that Micky I hope all is okay your end now? Hopefully a few more weeks and we will be back home and start getting things back to normal.

1 week later
#7247 6 years ago

Disc update!

Good news here hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest we will hopefully be seeing our little one discharged from hospital, we came off the ICU ward at the beginning of the weekend and things are looking good here, so fingers crossed.. At which point once we are home and settled back into normality you guys will be my first priority.

I hope these delays haven't annoyed anyone, when I offered to order discs and send them over I was unaware things where going to deteriorate so rapidly with our little one and we would living out of the hospital, my honest intention was simply to help out some fellow pinsiders/pinheads across the pond, order these and get them out to you guys asap, so again I apologise for the delays.

Big thanks from me and my good lady for baring with us and as above you guys will be my priority later this week if all goes well and to plan.

#7249 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I will say once again that you are going WAAAAY above and beyond the call of duty by doing this in the first place. I wish you nothing but the bets of luck with your little one... family ALWAYS comes first, hobbies can wait.
I do appreciate the update for sure and as for me... no hurry at all.

Thanks, but in all honesty I criticise Sterns lack of communication plenty, so I wanted to avoid being a hypocrite and keep you all informed, even though its mostly been delays up to this point, but we are hopeful as are the doctors that things are looking good and we can potentially get home this week.

I also didn't expect 20+ orders for nearly 45 discs when I first offered so that caught me off guard

#7251 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm assuming the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" is as true in England as it is on this side of the pond, right?

Yeah but I am more than happy to help out fellow Pinsiders, so the more the merrier.

Just had a call from my good lady, as I am currently stuck on a night shift, our little one is officially being discharged tomorrow!

Once I get them both home I will get things moving for everyone that contacted me about a clear disc, my target for you guys will be invoices tomorrow and if payments are received quickly I will post out Friday and Saturday most probably in batches as there are a good few orders I need to box up.

#7252 6 years ago

I'm off to work now, once I'm at work and we are on downtime I will get invoices over to you guys, hopefully a couple hours from now.

Following payment I will send tracking numbers for each of your orders for your convenience.

If a number of you are going Expo, I could always ship to one of you and you can divide your orders up at Expo, just an idea and an option to help you guys out if it's convenient.

#7253 6 years ago

Guys just doing invoice stuff now, don't panic if you don't get an invoice instantly, I will be working through getting them sent over the next hour or 3 while at work.

Also I now have 2 discs left now, due to a couple of people cancelling and a couple not responding, so if anyone wants it say so in here and I will sort it out for you.

#7254 6 years ago

Invoices are going out now via pm!

Please bare with me, I am working my way through the first dozen orders I received so if you don't get a pm tonight, your more than likely in the second group (10) that messaged me, so I will get to you.

Any issues at all guys pm me and I will do my best to sort any problems, worth noting I have gone with a fully insured, trackable and signed for shipping method, if you wish to go for a cheaper option approx $6 cheaper it will have to be at your own discretion.

Thanks again for everyone's patience, I will go now and send more pms

#7257 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Count me in for a clear disc

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

J85M If you have a spare 1 or 2. Please hook me up.

Pm's sent.

As for everyone that has made payment, thank you guys for bearing with me, I know I have said it multiple times but I am genuinely grateful for your patience, expect your tracking numbers tomorrow morning before midday GMT.

Now onto the bad news, after 2 days I currently still haven't heard back from a few pinsiders, could you guys let me know if you are having discs or not? Obviously it was my mistake buying discs without taking any money off anyone, lesson learnt I guess, but if you could at least let me know then maybe I can sell them on, currently looking like I could be left with 8 discs

#7264 6 years ago

You could try offering spares on the UK forum?
Pinballinfo.com

Offering them out to the guys and gals over the pond first, as it appears shipping there is either not an option or silly money.

I will ask on our forum if I am left with spares and if people are interested in a future bulk buy

#7265 6 years ago

All paid orders are now on the first Recognizer heading to the US!
shipping.gifshipping.gif
I will pm tracking numbers shortly to everyone.

#7268 6 years ago

Where did the cost of a disc plus shipping to the US end up? I don't need one, but I would like to have a spare or two.

I have no idea which side of the coast you are on, I will Google and pm you.

#7270 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well replacement shaker motor didn't work either, still shakes the rear of the play field, mostly the rear cycle and the recognizer. Next step is for me to try changing the weights.. I'll start with 180 degrees.. sigh..

http://www.gameroomguys.com/Parts-Accessories/Cabinet-and-Playfield-Parts/Tron-Stern-Shaker-Motor-Kit.html

This the one you brought dude?

#7272 6 years ago

No idea why that is shaking your ramp, have you checked all the posts securing the ramps are present and the ramp is screwed to each of them? Something simply sounds loose.

As for the recognizer on the LE it does shake/wobble quite abit when the disc is spinning and the shaker is running at the same time, the reocognizer is on quite a flimsy armature.

#7274 6 years ago

Well on the plus side at least your shaker is going what it's supposed to it's shaking your game silly

#7276 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That yellow bike ramp doesn't have anything securing it in the front, thats why it flaps around some. Ill try adjusting the weights on the shaker to 90 degrees. Hope it helps. Could always go without shaker, but I kind of want it for that extra rumble feel
Mo

Mo, that doesn't sound right I'm sure my last two TRONs never had ramps that flapped around, both solid and secure. Might be worth posting a couple pics over head so the guys with their games at hand can confirm for you, maybe it's right but I can't recall anything but solid ramps!

#7291 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Does anyone know where to get the lit custom side rails and hinges?

Are you referring to the ones with the TRON LEGACY text, often in a bright orange powdercoat?

There are new ones in the works...

1 week later
#7301 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Hey guys --- I recently sold my TRON (to fund SWLE) but I have some extra goodies if anyone is interested shoot me a message.
1. Brand New Playfield Protector from https://playfield-protectors.com/
2. Brand New replacement spinning Disc motor.
3. Brand New set of Blue and Yellow Hallmark Light Cycles for Light Cycle Mod.

Sell that SWLE and get your TRON back

#7305 6 years ago

Getting lots of pms letting me know the 1st and 2nd batches of the discs have arrived, looking at a handful of the tracking numbers it looks as if they should have all arrived by now, I did take insurance out separately upon shipping so any problems guys pm!

I have also had a lot of new people pm asking about discs, I don't have any currently BUT I will do a bulk order again for people if there is enough interest, however I will require payment up front this time, sorry but I don't really want to order several dozen discs and then have half those orders either cancel or give me the good old Stern radio silence leaving me with a shit load of stock brought in good faith.

Hope that's okay and understandable if anyone is interested or wants a clear disc please feel free to pm, ideally give me your address so I can send you a shipping cost.

#7313 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Omg relax. This forum is for people who love pinball not hitlers.. thanks

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Omg ... someone needs a drink

You did upvote his post so he can't be totally wrong

#7315 6 years ago

TRON doesn't need anything new, it's got something no other game has.... Gem!

IMG_6133.GIFIMG_6133.GIF

IMG_6135.GIFIMG_6135.GIF

IMG_6136.GIFIMG_6136.GIF

IMG_6134.GIFIMG_6134.GIF

#7319 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Gem has her own mode announcement and video that runs while active. Oh she is there!

Could have themed the whole game around her and I'm sure most of us would have still brought it, Sterns fastest selling LE

#7335 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

CF was chased off by a Pinside newbie loudmouth. Coincidentally, that guy has basically left the forum also when he got into some heat for a few of his postings.

Maybe we are thinking of two different people but I thought the Pinsider CF was exchanging blows with was still here and active!?

#7347 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i doubt i'd have two transistors out, so it could just be a cut in the power line.
i did notice something else. i have the arcade mod, and it looks like the arcade flasher is hooked up to the blue domed one at the end of the ramp there. the lower right flasher doesn't flash anything in test. there is one physically in the arcade, but it doesn't flash. actually, kind of looks like a regular led wedge.
how is the arcade supposed to be hooked up with the various flasher circuits in that area?

The arcade mod is supposed to be hooked up to the arcade flasher. Do any of your flashers work? Sounds like you have a lot of flashers not working.

2 months later
#7422 6 years ago

Anyone needing or wanting a clear disc set from Pinball Center, please pm me by tonight, order of 30 is going in for a number of Pinsiders, no problem ordering more for more people but need to know asap so I can add to the order before confirming and paying my end. Happy New Year users.

3 weeks later
#7466 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there anyway to edit the voiceovers in this game? Thinking about it more, it's prob the one thing I just don't like that much. I would like to either include additional clips from the movie or just remove certain ones all together.

Out of curiosity which callouts don’t you like that much? I always thought the callouts where great, however I did swap out a couple of the custom tracks for tracks from the film.

Cannot get enough of that daft punk soundtrack

3 weeks later
#7529 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TRON begs for chrome....hard to keep clean, but looks great!!

I’d love to see one in black chrome always thought that would look awesome, especially with some EL/LED lit rails like on Star Trek LE.

#7553 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got the EL lit versions on mine...look amazing...

Mark any idea what metal Stern make their lollipop side rails from??

TRON needs a set as good as STLE (which do you have? The ones that says TRON LEGACY?!) but I want them to be as factory as possible down to the correct metal, powder coat etc.

#7555 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hi Jon...I'll take a closer look this weekend and let you know. Yes, mine say "TRON LEGACY" with Blue EL backlit on rails and hinges. Gio did these for me years ago. The chrome apron didn't come w the LE, and a bit much for me...I like the black metal there as the flashers blast through the lenses, making great contrast.
Chrome on everything else...LE has the single coin slot on the door as well, btw...the little things...

Thanks Mark, yeah the chrome apron is too much bling for me, I am considering a black chrome apron to match the black chrome armour I am considering. Those windows need to be a little more showy as much as I love the blue plastic windows something a little more theme oriantated would be awesome I just haven’t thought up the right idea yet.

As for the rails, I am thinking light cycles without a doubt possibly with a chasing light trial - think the STLE rails (sure I saw your mention you just brought a STLE?) with the red chasing LED phasers running the length of the rails/cabinet, think light cycles either side with chasing light wall would be insane!

I totally get that, I’m all about the little details my OCD wouldn’t have it any other way luckily the single coin slot was a nice touch as we get a single coin slots on UK games, to my knowledge all TRONLEs that came to the UK where all be grey imports, so at the time of getting my original I had a single coin slot coin door ready for it only to discover it was perfect out the box.

#7559 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

SWEET!!! I think black chrome would rock (maybe do the backbox trim as well!!!).
Just put a first couple games on my STLE....got it today!!!...that side rail light/art is sick!!!
The light cycle idea would absolutely be stunning, if you could pull it off.....I really liked the "TRON LEGACY" theme carried through in text, though it might be viewed as repetitive to some. The glow just sets the game apart...then when you step into the grid....killer.
definitely show pics as you do this....a great hobby, we have!!!!...

After our chat reinvigorated my idea for TRON (STLE) rails, I spent some time last night working on it and I have something designed that I think will blow the STLE rails out of the water.

Won’t give too much away yet as I need to speak to a couple of well known pinsiders to see if it’s all possible, but if it all works and so far I see no reason why it won’t, there would be a solid lit image like the Enterprise on STLE, one continually animated element and a intermittently animated element like the red phasers on STLE.

Anyone know a good graphics program I could use to draw this up and animate?

#7566 6 years ago

Anyone here know what’s metal Stern use for their side rails, guessing it’s the same all round for legs, lockbar etc, curious if STLE was different as Stern haven’t done any rails like that since.

Also anyone know a good graphics animator? Doesn’t need to be massively technical just need to be able to animate a couple of still images I have.

2 weeks later
#7586 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait - is there a diff skill shot than soft plunging and letting it go into the scoop?

It’s been a while since I played TRON but I’m sure there is a ramp skill shot, possibly the right ramp!? So hold left flipper button plunge and then hit it up the right ramp off the upper left flipper?

Someone else in here will certainly confirm 100%

1 week later
#7606 6 years ago

I love Gem, although light up Umbrellas are pretty sweet too

887572B3-3CA6-4A59-99A8-7D342355D6CB (resized).jpeg887572B3-3CA6-4A59-99A8-7D342355D6CB (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#7654 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

New to the club! Just got a Tron with no mods. It needs leds bad. Did you add leds here and there..... or buy complete kits? Normally, i just kind of piece together bulbs, but really want Tron to pop.

Speak to TimeBandit about his total light show package, other than that get yourself the arcade cabinet mod, those are the must haves for a Pro, everything else is a nice to have.

#7658 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Not so sure about the Eli mod yet. I just put the color dmd in it yesterday.

As awesome as the Eli kit is, in my opinion you would be better off getting TimeBandit Total Lightshow (TLS) Tron kit, it takes it to another level, if I didnt have an LE, TLS is the definitive lighting mod for TRON and would be my choice! But either way your going to give your retinas an orgasm

#7663 5 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I'm obviously not around much these days, but somebody pinged me on this. As far as I know the kit that PinBits sells is the same as it has always been, and that's the only version of my ramp mod that's ever been "commercially" available.

Thanks dude, I had heard that off a couple of pinsiders regarding the pinbits kits, but I wasn’t 100% certain which is why I made it clear above, just edited my post now thanks for the correction always good know for certain what’s what.

3 weeks later
#7718 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Therein lies the problem....you need to find someone over there to buy them, then ship to US...PC added crazy overseas pricing for some unknown reason. Think J85M was the last to facilitate an order for these...possibly someone else over the pond could help.....

I’ll do it again but this time I’d have to ask for payment upfront off everyone, as last time a number of pinsiders changed their minds and left me with over a dozen discs I didn’t need.

Thankfully though there was a number of awesome pinsiders that took those extras off my hands, more than happy to help but I wouldn’t be able to do anything until this weekend, had a lot of family issues recently that has required 100% of my time and attention but I could get a simple bulk order done this weekend!

#7722 5 years ago

Ok I have 5 minutes so I thought I’d put a short list together for those interested in clear discs for TRON.

MK6PIN
delt31
brett
twinmice
andrewket
85vett
Meegis
Chosen_S

If I have missed anyone or put someone on the list by mistake, please post below instead of sending me a pm, I suck at checking those at the moment, with the current family issues on going, if you post here I will see it and I will reply ASAP!

#7724 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Same as well. I would do 2 as I just want enough to get me by until Titan figures out the process/material then I'd rather buy from them (since they want to do business with me).

I don’t beleive it’s pinballcentre themselves being dicks, I could be wrong but I remember reading a while back something about them receiving several serious C&D warnings as some of their products are unlicensed copies of licensed parts - decals, plastics, cabinet decals etc.

From memory I beleive the easiest way for them to continue and avoid legal trouble was to not sell outside of europe.

#7729 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I buy ALL of my rings, rubber, etc. through Titan...great company!!!...the disc is a unique compound and adhesive (still have to augment w the spray), and just not sure if/ when they could do this and would it be fiscally viable for them. Would be great if they did.

Speaking of Titan, have they released the translucent sling rubbers yet? I can’t access their site from work to look.

#7731 5 years ago

While I have chance I’ve updated the list and also added the number of discs people have asked for, again if there are any errors post here and I’ll correct them ASAP!

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Meegis
Chosen_S
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2

#7738 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Maybe PBCenter will offer a volume discount if you order a ton of the clear discs? I think it would be worth asking them.

Last couple of times I did this I asked and got a polite no, however I was planning on asking again anyway I do love a good haggle and 3rd times the charm as they say

#7739 5 years ago

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Meegis
Chosen_S
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
Saveleaningtower x 1 + 1 x blue

Think that’s correct up to this point, any errors post here and I’ll update ASAP!

#7748 5 years ago

Updated list Meegis I have removed you from the list, sorry for the mistake mate.

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Chosen_S x 1 + 1 x blue
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
wvpinball x 2
cistearns x 1 + 1 x blue

#7754 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I love on their website they say they ship world wide....it seems except the US :/

I am pretty sure it was due to a couple of C&D orders sent to them about some non licenced licensed items the compromise or solution was to simply not distribute and sell to the US.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Nasty Donald!
this is not this set i'm looking for but the one with hinge+siderail that Pinball Refiniry sold a couple of years ago.

I am currently developing a new set of animated LED rails, think ST LE but with a lightcycle instead of the Enterprise!

#7756 5 years ago

Updated list added Blacktoothgrin

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Chosen_S x 1 + 1 x blue
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
wvpinball x 2
cistearns x 1 + 1 x blue
Blacktoothgrin x 1

#7763 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

You forgot me. 2 clear and 1 blue. Thanks

Oops my bad! Updated with you added.

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Chosen_S x 1 + 1 x blue
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
wvpinball x 2
cistearns x 1 + 1 x blue
Blacktoothgrin x 1
BoJo x 2 + 1 x blue

#7764 5 years ago

Anyone else interested in jumping on disc order before I put it all together this weekend??

#7767 5 years ago

Anybody in the US able to distribute these to save shipping costs?

Think you just nominated yourself, you will need to send onto Canada and potentially a couple of interested pinsiders in Mexico.

Just wish you had volunteered sooner, ideally before I worked out the cost to ship to everyone

#7770 5 years ago

Edit: Nevermind Snakes just answered that.

snakesnsparklers I assume you want a disc or two, how many and what colours?

#7771 5 years ago

I would be willing to do shipping within the US, cost should be $3.50 for a first class package within the US. What is the shipping cost from England to US? Just an idea, but if everything is all set to ship direct from UK I don't want to slow things down.

Based on the calculated weight of the package from Germany around £64 as it will be a medium to large box, if it goes to large about another £7.

Could you also distribute larger items? I have about 5 pinsiders asking for other items as well as discs, two of which are a set of laser cut cabinet rails.

#7778 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

How much $ are we looking at for each disk plus shipping? I might add one more.

Just at work but google tells me that each disc is $11.08

I had shipping worked out on paper last night at home, but it won’t change much adding an extra disc or two as they weigh next to nothing.

#7779 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Apparently I’m supposed to buy more than one? I’ll take 2.

Not at all mate if you want 1 let me know I think everyone else is just buying a spare.

Let me know if 1 is all you need before Saturday and I’ll make sure it’s sorted for you.

#7783 5 years ago

Key chain? Man I dunno about that!

Of course dude that will be no trouble at all!

#7785 5 years ago

Okay updated list, just for TRON discs (incase anyone who has pm'd me about none TRON related items see this, don't worry I have got you covered this is purely for me to keep track of all the TRON related items I need to order).

Could everyone double check and confirm either with a thumbs up or a follow up post below, that I have the number and colour of discs you want correctly listed and confirm your happy and still want to order, I would like to simply avoid having people cancel last minute that's all, thanks guys.

MK6PIN = 3 x clear
delt31 = 3 x clear + 2 x blue
brett = 3 x clear
twinmice = 2 x clear
andrewket = 2 x clear
85vett = 3 x clear
Chosen_S = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
GorillaBiscuits = 3 x clear
Mokthemagicman = 3 x clear
herg = 3 x clear
kickabit = 3 x clear
Saveleaningtower = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
wvpinball = 2 x clear
cistearns = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
Blacktoothgrin = 1 x clear
Silverballer = 2 x clear
northvibe = 1 x clear
MacJedi = 2 x clear + 1 x key chain
jeffr = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
Racerx61 = 2 x clear
BoJo = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
Superbob = 2 x clear

And for anyone else interested if you can get in touch with me before Saturday night I will happily add you to the list.

#7788 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

2 clear and 1 blue. I was on before but looks like you took me off.

Sorry dude my mistake, I had to retype the list as my browser was acting up, missing you was a complete accident, but that’s why I keep asking people to check for any f’ups on my part

Edited the above message/list with you on it again sorry about that, my bad

#7792 5 years ago

It’s a bank holiday/Memorial Day weekend so will give it till Tuesday to put the order in, but need more than 8 people out of 22 to confirm before putting this order in, it’s several hundred euros worth.

If more/everyone listed in this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/156#post-4418937 can confirm that would be great.

#7822 5 years ago

Cool guys I’ll update the list tonight including all pms and those confirmed.

#7824 5 years ago

Just got it dude, will update and add to list tonight and look to get this order done over the course of this week.

Due to the memorial weekend (bank holiday here in the U.K.) I ended up giving it a little longer for existing people to confirm and new ones to jump on board.

#7831 5 years ago

OK guys here is the final list with your confirmed orders

With the exception of 1 or 2 additional names (I have pm'd and replied to your pm's) that maybe added to the list, I am making this the cut off post, already about 3 times the amount of people I thought would want a disc so this is it.

MK6PIN = 3 x clear
delt31 = 3 x clear + 2 x blue
brett = 3 x clear
twinmice = 2 x clear
andrewket = 2 x clear
85vett = 3 x clear
Chosen_S = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
GorillaBiscuits = 3 x clear
Mokthemagicman = 3 x clear
herg = 3 x clear
kickabit = 3 x clear
Saveleaningtower = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
wvpinball = 2 x clear
cistearns = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
Blacktoothgrin = 2 x clear
Silverballer = 2 x clear
northvibe = 1 x clear
MacJedi = 2 x clear + 1 x key chain
jeffr = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
Racerx61 = 2 x clear
BoJo = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
Superbob = 2 x clear
dzmechanical = 2 x clear + 2 x blue
Dante = 2 x clear
DK = 2 x clear
boomerski = 2 x clear
moonwk = 2 x clear

Again a thumbs up or a confirmed post below from anyone who hasn't already done so, just to double check and give me peace of mind I haven't f'd up anyone's numbers or orders would be great, I have noted those that have already thumbed up or done a confirmed post previously, so thanks for that guys.

I am going to place this order tomorrow or Friday to check stock as well as get a total shipping price from Germany to the UK, so I can divide that accordingly. I will then send everyone a pm with their order and invoice breakdown, plus my personal PayPal info, can you guys confirm your shipping address "both" in a reply to your pm and in your PayPal payment comments along with your Pinside ID so I can keep track of who is who as easily as possible.

#7834 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know where to source a chasing LED light strip that can be cut down to about 12 inches? I want to make an active backglass for my game and would like to put the chaser lights at the portal so it looks like it's moving. I saw it once years ago and can't seem to find anything light strips that look like they would work.

Kim over at KimballsPinballs did the chasing backbox lighting.

#7836 5 years ago

Here is a video of my led in action if curious on what mine looks like.

Mok that looks f’in awesome! Any chance you could pm a list of what you used, did you do anything to diffuse the strip? As some of the ones I’ve seen done, you can practically see the individual LEDs on the strip, yours looks diffused which matches the look of the Portal perfectly

#7851 5 years ago

Order is in, will be coming in two parts due to amount of parts being ordered, I’ll do my best to pm everyone tonight/over the course of the next couple nights and once items arrive my end send them out hopefully in the order people signed up or as close as possible, I have admittedly lost track a little due to the sheer amount of people.

#7873 5 years ago

Guys are you all happy to send PayPal via friends and family? If anyone isn’t either let me know below or via pm. I will have everyone’s packages fully tracked and insured for peace of mind and security for yourselves as well as me.

#7876 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah man, I always extend the courtesy of friends and family to pinsiders. I imagine everybody else here does the same.

I do the same, but I just like to politely ask in advance.

Right now I have re-donated to Pinside and can send more than 15-20 pms a day I will get all these invoices out... hopefully.

Please bare with me guys this might take me a good few hours as I have 28 of you here and another 17 for other game parts, could be a long night

mk6pin = 3 x clear
delt31 = 3 x clear + 2 x blue
brett = 3 x clear
twinmice = 2 x clear
andrewket = 2 x clear
85vett = 3 x clear
chosen_s = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
gorillabiscuits = 3 x clear
mokthemagicman = 3 x clear
herg = 3 x clear
kickabit = 3 x clear
saveleaningtower = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
wvpinball = 2 x clear
cistearns = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
blacktoothgrin = 2 x clear
silverballer = 2 x clear
northvibe = 1 x clear
macjedi = 2 x clear + 1 x key chain
jeffr = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
racerx61 = 2 x clear
bojo = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
superbob = 2 x clear
dzmechanical = 2 x clear + 2 x blue
dante = 2 x clear
menacefire = 2 x clear
boomerski = 2 x clear
moonwk = 2 x clear

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/157#post-4426502

#7877 5 years ago

Oh yeah could someone post up a clear photo of the TRON backboard for me? I am at work tonight so no where near my game but could do with a nice photo of the backboard - its for a mod idea

#7878 5 years ago

Before I get an inrush of pm's, yes I forgot to add my PayPal address to the first couple rounds of pm's.

I will send a follow up message as I go to those who got a pm without any PayPal information and on that note:

00 doh (resized).jpg00 doh (resized).jpg
#7883 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This what you needed?

Yeah that’s perfect thank you!

#7885 5 years ago

Will send out more pms tonight guys so if you haven’t had one already don’t worry I’m working my way round, I had to sort out at least some of the IM, TWD and SW owners

Also got over half a dozen people who haven’t replied to the first couple waves of pms, so please check your inboxes.

#7904 5 years ago

Disc order update:

Just little heads up guys, I have sent invoices out in batches (along with invoices for the other games and parts I was asked for in a couple others threads via pm) I have a few people I am waiting on for payment before I send invoices for batches 3 and 4 out.

Once all those are sorted I will get more invoices out so don’t worry if you haven’t had one yet I am on it and promise I will get round to you this weekend.

Apologies I been prepping for a regional bodybuilding champsionship this weekend, so it’s been a case of finish work, eat, straight to gym, eat dust and bed, done ALOT of sleeping this week.

Everyone will have an invoice at the latest Saturday night by 10/11pm UK time, which should give me plenty of time to get home and celebrate with a large dominos pizza

#7913 5 years ago

Invoice on there way out later tonight guys, my apologies for not doing it last night, ended up celebrating after getting home from the comp, will have everything done and dusted later tonight.

#7920 5 years ago

Sorry didn't mean to post

#7923 5 years ago

Okay its 2:30am here now, finally got the last invoices sent out tonight, I am aware I sent a couple of people the wrong invoices - I was multi tasking at the time, that is code for pretending I was actually doing work at work and not on Pinside

So anyone who got an order for TWD, MET or parts for any game other than TRON, please ignore it and scroll past it as I sent the correct invoice immediately after.

Everyone below you should all now have received an invoice if not, please pm me directly asap.

mk6pin = 3 x clear
delt31 = 3 x clear + 2 x blue
brett = 3 x clear
twinmice = 2 x clear
andrewket = 2 x clear
85vett = 3 x clear
chosen_s = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
gorillabiscuits = 3 x clear
mokthemagicman = 3 x clear
herg = 3 x clear
kickabit = 3 x clear
saveleaningtower = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
wvpinball = 2 x clear
cistearns = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
blacktoothgrin = 2 x clear
silverballer = 2 x clear
northvibe = 1 x clear
macjedi = 2 x clear + 1 x key chain
jeffr = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
racerx61 = 2 x clear
bojo = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
superbob = 2 x clear
dzmechanical = 2 x clear + 2 x blue
dante = 2 x clear
menacefire = 2 x clear
boomerski = 2 x clear
moonwk = 2 x clear
micky = 2 clear + 1 blue

1 week later
#7941 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Anyone want to sell a clear or blue (or BOTH) Tron Legacy disc set for double what you paid for it? I cant figure out how to order from the Pinball Center in Germany... I give up and am fine giving someone a profit if it is just sitting in a drawer!
THANKS!!

Just pm’d you I just did a bulk order (4 batches) for owners in this thread.

I ordered a few spares due to people pm’ing me and joining up late in the day.

If you get back to me via that pm and let me know if it’s definitely clear you want, blue or both.

#7944 5 years ago

Last two batches of discs ordered, if you haven’t already received one then look out for pms next week with tracking info.

#7950 5 years ago

85vett that’s possibly the best version of animating the Portal I’ve seen, can you do a step by step and list what you used or you can make some kits and send one my way

#7959 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Would like to add some effects but also want things to be subtle and not gaudy too.

Imo the end result is perfect, the only thing maybe you could do with flashers is make the sky flash (there was lighting in the film) or make the less behind the discs chase.

Funny enough when I read your post above a link at the bottom of the thread showed a gaudy, Christmas tree backbox kit, Flynn looks like an umpa lumpa with yellow skin

#7978 5 years ago

Finally got the blue discs and the remainder of clear, so all remaining TRON orders will be sent out this coming week as I’m off work, so I’ll have plenty of time to get everyone pm’d with confirmation and tracking info!

#7979 5 years ago

I need the help of a fellow user, is there anyone on the grid close to Stern and able to drop by the factory?

#7992 5 years ago

Okay guys sorry for the delay but I had some family issues that I had to deal with this past week so pinball took a major back seat, all orders that haven’t already gone out for discs will be on their way at some point tomorrow - I will pm to confirm with tracking.

Again apologies for the delay but I had to prioritise the family and deal with things here asap.

#8006 5 years ago

To everyone waiting on disc orders to ship, can you please bare with me.

Without going into too much detail, my girlfriends son was admitted into hospital last week, he came out over the weekend but as of the early hours of this morning has been taken into intensive care.

I have everyone’s remaining orders packaged and ready to go and I did plan to get those all out today but spent most of today traveling backwards and forwards from her place to the hospital getting her and the little man things.

Really sorry guys for the delays, it is stressing me out not getting these out sooner but if you guys can just bare with me that would take a weight off my mind, I will do my best to get these out before the weekend.

1 week later
#8035 5 years ago

My girlfriends little boy is finally coming out of hospital, should be getting discharged at some point tomorrow hopefully early afternoon, so will finally have him back at home, which will put an end to the daily trips to and from the hospital morning and night.

Obviously this means I can get back up to speed and get all remaining orders out to you guys, but before that just a BIG thank you for everyone’s patience it has made a difficult time a lot easier and the kind words from some of you guys have been really appreciated by both myself and the misses.

1 week later
#8085 5 years ago

Disc update!

Batches 3, 4 and 5 where all processed by outbound depot this morning!

All orders for discs and other Tron related parts have now either been shipped (batches 1 and 2) or are now on their way.

Thank you for everyone’s patience while we delt with some important family issues.

#8086 5 years ago

The guy behind the desk at the depot was not particularly fond of me after an hour and 10 minutes processing all of these

175BA415-0AAC-4159-B177-D5FC7AB3CB82 (resized).jpeg175BA415-0AAC-4159-B177-D5FC7AB3CB82 (resized).jpeg918D46F8-1908-4135-8F19-5B4D560E9BBC (resized).jpeg918D46F8-1908-4135-8F19-5B4D560E9BBC (resized).jpegD3076330-430C-4A08-A1EB-64BE19F78DB6 (resized).jpegD3076330-430C-4A08-A1EB-64BE19F78DB6 (resized).jpeg
#8088 5 years ago

Yeah sorry about the delays my end, pinball along with everything else kinda took a back seat for a few weeks, unfortunately the orders I didn’t get out prior to the shit hitting the fan at home suffered so again my apologies guys. Expect packages to arrive within 3-5 days.

#8090 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Do you have any tracking number at all? Can PM me.

Yes Micky I have tracking for everyone, I’am slowly in the process of pm’ing those too everyone. The tracking receipt for all 60ish packages is about 3 metres long

#8093 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

that torturous experience you suffered through makes us all appreciate you all the more.
You're too damn nice!

To be completely honest Jason I sat drinking a complimentary coffee while the desk clerk did all the typing in of each address

#8100 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

What am I missing out on? Went back 10 pages but can't see it. I don't know what it is but I feel like I need it in my life.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tron-legacy/?sPage=1&sPerPage=24

Scroll down Phil and you will see rubber pads for the disc in Tron, Black, blue and clear.

The clear put crazy spin on the ball so when it fires back at you out of the disc area the ball does some insane things, makes the shot a lot more risky as the ball comes out a lot more wild and unpredictable.

#8110 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I just made another donation to pinside to cover selling these here and to get Pinside+. I should be able to send and receive more PM's now as well as I quickly hit the max apparently....

I had to do the same with the disc orders, 20 or so pm’s a day was no where near enough.

#8114 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

My Tron LE has a black apron (with the windows for flashers), others LEs I've seen have a chrome apron. Was this an option when it came to buying it? Where can I source a chrome one from?

HOOKED (hookedonpinball.com) has chrome aprons or at least he did.

#8118 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Wow.. hadn't heard of that before, Googled it and found your other thread.. it looks pretty impressive. Any idea on timescales or cost for it?

TimeBandit products are top quality you wouldn’t be disappointed.

#8129 5 years ago

Awesome really happy to see everyone’s discs are arriving. Any problems please pm me.

Once again apologies for the delays but thanks to everyone for your patience.

#8131 5 years ago

Whoops. My bad.
Thanks J85M

Haha no worries Mok, glad your discs arrived.

Checking most the tracking numbers nearly all orders should be with everyone which is a relief!

#8138 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Checking most the tracking numbers nearly all orders should be with everyone which is a relief!
Just received my discs. Thank you Jon!

Yeah I’ve just gone over all the tracking numbers and UPS are crazy random, some packages they delivered within 2 days of the items hitting the US, others have been held in customs for nearly a week awaiting dispatch to some of you guys.

Glad you got your package Brett, so far 53 of 67 packages have arrived, the others still in transit

#8142 5 years ago

No need to thank me, I’m equally as greatful you where all patient enough to wait while we delt with problems at home; great hobby full of great people!!

#8143 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Curious as to which disc set Blue or Clear owners liked better (and why) and also share your application story if possible - i see some used Loc-Tite and some felt that was unnecessary, some sanded surface, some removals did not go well... THANKS!

Clear is the most aggressive. Blue is smoother and similar in play to the Black.

I’ve had success soaking the plastic base in some form of goo-gone and applying new discs with rubber cement or epoxy.

#8145 5 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

If I'm applying the blue disc to a clean plastic base, should I still plan on using added glue from the start?

Certainly won’t cause any harm, well except when you want to remove it and replace it

#8150 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Where do you order a new disc? I have been unable to find!
Thanks!!

Pinballlife, but soak in some goo-gone and a new disc really isn’t needed, other than for ease like Vett mentions above.

#8152 5 years ago

Only a couple of people I haven’t heard back from but tracking seems to confirm all items have now been delivered, yay!

Anyone who hasn’t received their items yet pm me ASAP and I’ll get things sorted.

#8155 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Today for me...the grid thanks you!!!! ...mark

Wow last 3 batches all went out together same time, same day and traveled using exactly the same couriers here and stateside yet some went straight to you guys while others had a road trip and back before being delivered, UPS are some crazy cats!

#8160 5 years ago

Awesome guys glad to see everyone has got their packages, just one that hasn’t arrived yet in NYC but it is seeing the sites so far its toured almost all of both US coasts

#8161 5 years ago

Ordered my son “Flynn” the perfect dress up outfit.

47EEAAA3-6203-4F69-9751-DD457292D0B5 (resized).jpeg47EEAAA3-6203-4F69-9751-DD457292D0B5 (resized).jpeg
#8183 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I dont really like playing TZ its hard.
Tron is a really fun game to play i really like it.

There’s your answer right there dude.

No.1 thing about pinball is fun, if a game isn’t fun for you then swap it out for something you enjoy.

What I’m saying is get a TRON

#8184 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

But also ,its TZ it should be a keeper just for beeing TZ.

Nah ignore those top 10 lists.

The only games that should be keepers are the ones that put a smile on your face and your families faces.

#8195 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i thought MM was my grail pin. i was wrong, so i got rid of it. guess what i have now? TRON! your lineup is yours and no one else's, brah.

OMG! So true! I thought the exact same until I finally found a descent Tron Pin to own and I find myself mostly playing TRON all the time. I love MM but TRON always has me coming back for more. Challenging and really fun. I have been to Portal five times and still can't beat it! Love it.

One word where TRON owns 99% of other pins: Soundtrack!

TRON is the best music pin (Daft Punk) Stern have released and they didn’t even know it was a music pin

#8206 5 years ago

Is that common for games to have different strength coils on the lower flippers? Seems odd... I think mine still has the factory coils so I'll take a look at what's in there. I don't feel that one is stronger or weaker than the other...

I believe there are a couple games with different coils, pretty sure Avengers is another.

#8231 5 years ago

For my backglass, I cut my LED chase light strips into three strips and re-wired them as one with wires as little longer as each strip length vertically. This way I could have all three strips side by side and "off-set" each of the three strips instead of just using a single short strip. The effect looks like a flow of energy instead of just a single pulse. Both look types of effects look great but it all depends on the effect you are going for I guess.
See my example as something else that can be done with chase lights. I will post a pic of the wire work in the future if people care to see it.

Awesome work Mok that looks stunning

#8241 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Anyone know where I can get two new ramps? V/R

What is currently up with your current ramps? If it’s just scratches and they are looking cloudy/dirty you can flame polish them.

1 week later
#8280 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Bike looks nice man!
What model is it?

Yeah it’s lovely all black, if I had to guess a super sport or panigale

1 week later
#8297 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I’m looking into getting some custom translites done in the uk and know a company that can print on the right material (retro refurbs) if you’re willing to share the art. Understand if you want to keep it limited though.

Doesn’t he get his printing done in Europe somewhere?

#8299 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Not sure -I can ask.

I dunno if Pete will tell you, it was something I heard through members of the U.K forum, either way it’s not hard to find a printer providing they can print on the material used for translites your golden!

There is a printer in Leicestershire that do a lot of prints for lightbox advertisement in cinemas not too dissimilar to a backbone and translite,

#8301 5 years ago
Quoted from kickabit:

I just purchased the Tron sideblades from Retro Refurbs. They shipped out of Slovenia.

Thanks kickabit I was pretty certain the info I was told was correct, be interested to see photos of the art blades from RR so be sure to post some photos.

#8304 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

What are the sideblades like? I’m having trouble fitting mirror blades to mine as there’s virtually no gap at the sides (great planning on my part!!). I was wondering about the scratch proof blad s they do.

No need for scratch proof blades use these https://pu-parts.com/pinball-assembly-blades they will protect any artblades or mirror blades you install.

3 weeks later
#8315 5 years ago

The call outs are likely a small oversight, around that time at Stern, code was being given about 3 months to complete start to finish by Lyman and Lonnie.

#8325 5 years ago

Bummer, and unfortunately the LE code is not available for download on Stern's website

Here you go dude found it for you http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-tron-pr

#8327 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I can confirm, Tron is still awesome and I still love it.

Agree 100% doubt I will ever sell mine!

#8329 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

back in 2015 i sold my fully modded tron pro.
in the meantime i bought some nib games but tron is something special.
i´m now back in the club with a limited edition.
...loving it to the end. it will stay at my collection forever.

You have an awesome collection!

Now get TRON out of your wishlist and back into your collection

Any gameroom pictures?

1 week later
#8374 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I replaced all of the rubbers with Titan clear silicone, so that has cut down on the dirt a bit but the fact the balls are ending up with black rubber on them means they must be depositing it all over the place

Welcome to pinball

Those clear titans will certainly help, other than that give the balls a good clean every so often and keep the main playfield clean as well as clean the disc itself and you will cut down on rubber dirt massively!

#8377 5 years ago

MK6PIN have Titan finally released the translucent slingshot rubbers I recall you mentioning a while back?

#8398 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Been thinking about the blue as well but not sure if that is sacrilegious to do to an LE. I like the chrome but it's impossible to keep clean.

Black Chrome takes an LE to the next level!

#8402 5 years ago

Is it just me or does this intro/track give anyone else goosebumps, it’s insanely good!

1 week later
#8423 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Slightly different design but Mezel sells them commercially - https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

Do these fit all the targets on TRON? Isn’t there one target in Tron that has a slightly different fit??

#8425 5 years ago

Both styles are listed on Mezel's site, you choose which one you want depending on the target size.

Sweet thanks Snakes, I don’t visit mezel much these days, but I think I’ll grab a few of these, might get some extra for my Ironman.

#8427 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

For what it's worth I bought the Mezel ones and they work perfectly. I made the mistake of only ordering 2 of the smaller ones and 1 of the 2-piece one, when actually you need 3 of the small ones and 1 of the 2-piece ones.

Great info and heads up thank you.

Do you need another small one then? If so I can add an extra to my order and fire it to you via Royal Mail once it gets here.

#8430 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I do need another small one yeah, that would be very kind of you
I mistakenly thought it was just "Z" and "U" (the common ones to go off centre at the ramp entrance), but you can put one on "E" as well. "S" uses the 2 piece one.

No probs I’ll add an extra one, I’ll probably get some extras for my other pins that have stand ups at the ramps, these should work great on Ironman, Star Trek and TWD my standup on the left of the prison leans over and makes the Riot shot narrower.

#8431 5 years ago

If you’re feeling generous I’d really love a full set j85m !!
Only if it doesn’t cost you exponentially more

No problem Paul I’ll order extra and let you know when they arrive to send them onto you.

#8438 5 years ago

Very kind, thank you (:
Like you, i have several similar era Stern games that would benefit from these! *Must* save my pennies for the kid's Christmas presents though...

No problem Paul, I’ll probably order them at some point next week, I first need to get under all my games and see which splints I need for each of them.

Just thought I’d do a quick breakdown of the games I have at home, looks like the following games need:

TWD needs 2 for the prison stand up targets.

Ironman needs 4 as these get hammered and lean into the orbits or ramp entrances, as well as top monger shot.

Star Trek has 6 stand ups, 5 slim rectangle targets and the larger black hole square stand up like the S target on TRON.

BM66 1 target

Avatar 4 square stand ups that get hammered and lean, making the amp shot shot even tighter.

Goldeneye 2 at the ramps which are already tight.

#8439 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yup exactly. My "U" target sway was never particularly bad but just knowing it's not affecting that shot anymore seems to help me make it.

A target leaning just a couple of millimetres can make the world of difference to a shot, especially a shot that’s already tight.

What games do you own?

#8441 5 years ago

monkeyboypaul is there any chance you could look at your Ironman and TWD and gauge if they will need single piece splint or 2 piece splint.

I am away from home now for a week so can’t take a look on mine, would be handy to know as I’m going to order a few for each machine.

Thank you in advance

#8444 5 years ago

I can check IMVE tomorrow for you, but TWD is currently sitting at the Birmingham office right now, so can’t do that in a hurry.

That would be awesome, I can check a local walking dead tomorrow.

#8446 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The drone targets are the single piece. The whiplash ones are 2 piece.

Awesome man thank you!

I totally forgot about the whiplash targets those things are a pain in the ass when it comes to leaning.

1 week later
#8463 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I bought a clear rubber set from Pinball Center but don't have a spare disc to put it on (nowhere in EU seems to sell them), so once I switch it out that's it... and I'm getting cold feet about the clear.

You don’t really need a spare plastic disc simply soak your existing disc in go-gone or another adhesive remover and apply the clear disc pads, if it’s not for you soak it again to remove the clear and try the blue/go back to black.

#8481 5 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

I heard from a pretty good source we may get a code update.
[quoted image]

Anymore info? Or can you expand on what Lyman said at all?

Lyman also mentioned Ironman could get an update at some point on the slamtilt podcast a couple months back.

#8482 5 years ago

‘May’? It’s nearly 7yrs since release.

Fail to see your point Paul. Lyman has dropped surprise code updates for games years after they have been released and considered complete before.

AC/DC (4 years since last code update) and TWD (2 years after last code update) being the most recent examples, those code drops came out of nowhere.

The last code update for TRON also came out of the blue almost 2 years after the update before it when it was considered complete and finished.

You just never know with Lyman, the guys a modern day pinball legend imo.

#8490 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

A a sneak peek for all your tron Finatics... My Halloween costume in progress
[quoted image]

Awesome! Make 2 please

2 weeks later
#8540 5 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I'm thinking of replacing the fluorescent backbox light in my Tron Pro with an interactive LED kit. I've found some different options so far...any opinions or thoughts on these?
- $270 Stern Custom Deluxe Interactive LED Backbox Kit by CoinTaker https://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit
- $227 TRON PINBALL LED STRIP BACKBOX LIGHT KIT by Lermods https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/01240-tron-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit-
- $200 Stern Custom LED Backbox Kit (S.A.M.) by CoinTaker https://cointaker.com/products/2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit
- $149 STERN INTERACTIVE BACKBOX MOD by Rock Custom Pinball https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00732-stern-interactive-backbox-mod
- $125-$225(Interactive) Stern TRON with Two Women Enhanced Animated LED Backbox Light Replacement. "Two Versions" Dimmable https://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-tron-animated-led-replacement-panel.html
- $64 Dimming Backbox Panel http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

Depends what your looking for?

Do you want a direct replacement for the fluorescent tube?

An animated portal chase light?

Or are you looking for the ever popular skittles effect for your translite with a colour changing kit?

#8541 5 years ago

Not on your list but the offering from Arcade Upkeep is what I use on my SAM games. It has 2 user-defined settings for brightness during gameplay and during attract mode and is less expensive at $65. It doesn't have fancy features like custom flashers or different colors, but if you just want a great replacement for the fluorescent tube then it's fantastic.
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

Great recommendation! Not stupidly priced like most of the backbox kits out there and keeps the natural lighting of the backbox, plus there dimmable modules are brilliant!!

#8545 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Only 10 years late, but got this installed tonight. Absolute must have.....[quoted image]

Wow I didn’t realise there where still TRONs out there without this mod, you will love it makes such a difference and worth every penny.

Quoted from brett:

One of the best mods in pinball.

+1 without a doubt one of the very few must have mods!

4 weeks later
#8586 5 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Ok so only 1st 100 Tron LE's got a signature it seems.

I believe it was the first 50 that had signed playfields, similar to what was done with Avatar LE think that was first 20 of 40 with signed playfields.

#8609 5 years ago

Lyman is probably working on Tron code among others whether it’s for a VE or not is another question but Lyman seems to be revisiting a lot of his work, the guys commitment and passion is unmatched!

He has mentioned in a previous podcast he would still like to add some stuff to Ironman, specifically more high score boards for the modes, from memory I’m sure he says at the very least he’d love to put in a high score for Bogey.

Being hopefully and positive I’d love to see updates to both Ironman and TRON even if it’s just high score boards and more combos integrated into the games with a combo score board, would make two great games pretty much perfect!

#8611 5 years ago

If there was a code update wouldn't it be cool if the Tron Pros could finally get the missing Daft Punk multiball mode? Probably never happen though.

As an LE owner I honestly wouldn’t be bothered if that did happen but as it was advertised as a LE exclusive I doubt Stern would risk watering down their lucrative LE market.

My favourite LE feature is the silver outlines around the inserts

#8635 5 years ago

It’s Christmas in the Grid!

7D60D2C0-B298-46DD-9201-9409D0C45692 (resized).jpeg7D60D2C0-B298-46DD-9201-9409D0C45692 (resized).jpeg
#8650 5 years ago

What brand and size translucent rubbers are proper using on their slings on Tron?

#8653 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

On my Tron, when the ball reaches the end of the ramp, it bounces back a couple inches, then eventually goes into drop. It ruins the flow of the game. Is there a way to rectify this?

Stick a little dead foam/rubber at the end of the ramp that will suck all the kinetic energy out of the ball stopping it from bouncing and it will drop straight through.

#8655 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

There should be foam there already I think, a blue square from memory?
Also j85m did anything happen with that splint order from Mezel in the end?

Never got round to doing it, just posted on pinballinfo about doing an order from pinballlife.

Let me know what you need again with regards to splints and I’ll order them from Tim @ Mezel if I can’t get them off Terry @ PL.

#8656 5 years ago

2" PerfectPlay translucent silicone from PBL

Are these better than titans?

#8657 5 years ago

Durzel did we have a post a few pages back regarding splint numbers for other games like IM etc?

#8665 5 years ago

2" PerfectPlay translucent silicone from PBL

Quoted from MK6PIN:

For mine, the 2 1/4" Titans are the best fit for these slings...

What size rings/rubbers does the manual state, we have two different sizes here so I’m curious, I may end up buying both sizes and seeing what plays best.

#8669 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

My versions are available on thingiverse here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

I can’t seem to see a price, although the page isn’t loading up fully here at work so that might be my issue.

Also do you have a list or way to tell what splits would fit a list of games? I definitely want these for my Ironman drone and whiplash targets, as well as TRON and others.

#8671 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Um, free (like pretty much everything on thingiverse). I have them on all my tron targets. Ironman I only have them on whiplash. Xmen in magneto standups. I listed on the page the games and targets I’d tested on.

Free? I hadn’t heard of thingiverse until your post, so I learnt something new there. So stupid question number 2 - I assume the file can be downloaded and these printed locally? Or do you send them out?

Reason I ask is yours look better than the ones certain venders are trying to sell for $5+ yet are twice as thin!

#8674 5 years ago

So who wants stand up target Splints from Mezel and how many of which type?

#8678 5 years ago

Anyone with a TRON and Ironman able to tell me if the shooter lanes are the same?

Want to give one of these a try https://pu-parts.com/iron-man-vault-edition-im-ve-shooter-lane-protector

Ironman came out close to TRON so curious if it would fit TRON as well as my Ironman.

#8680 5 years ago

That would be awesome man thank you.

I have an original Ironman from what I can tell the vaults have an identical playfield.

#8687 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I had some new vinyl decals made custom for the chrome coin door and apron.. really finished this nicely.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you post up a shot of the full game? I’m not sure whether I’m going to go chrome or go with a black chrome and custom laser cut apron and side rails, both LED lit.

#8689 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I can check for you tomorrow, but note imve can be different as I only have original run
Very slightly, but I'll happily check

Did you get chance to look? Sorry if I’m asking early blame the time differences

#8691 5 years ago

Very nice! I actually think the left triangle looks better without the decal

#8696 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You can blame time zones.... Or my procrastinating.
I forgot to go down yesterday, but I'm standing here right now...
They look identical to me, but here is a couple pics to show you. (Again, this is iron Man original run, Not ve)

Awesome thanks! They look close enough to take the plunge on one of those protectors, worst case I need to cut it ever so slightly.

Looking at a friends vault it looks like Ironman uses the exact same playfield on the vaults and originals.

#8698 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I’m looking for a left side metal ramp protector for the ramp wth the entrance also on the left. Anybody know where I can find one of these? Thanks
[quoted image]

Cliffy would be my first stop.

#8720 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Chrome pieces came in. Had time to do the coin box last night.

Who did your chrome?

#8722 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Pinballplating.com
Very nice people. They messed up a little on my order but responded in less than an hour via email. Just forgot to send me one thing and sent the wrong lock bar but they are fixing everything asap.

Awesome and good to know their customer service is spot on.

I’m considering sending some pinball parts to them, obviously at a bit of a cost shipping from the U.K. and back again so I’m glad to see this is their work as it looks flawless and smooth/even.

#8737 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Much better now. Mirror blades in tact. Just got to reinstall but I saw some other cool mirror blades that had some Tron stuff etched out. Wondering if that would look better.

No way, yours as it is looks stunning and very fitting of the theme, chrome and black chrome looks amazing on Tron.

#8739 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Very cool I will reattach these ones. Wife likes it better too. Double sided tape method didn't seem to do any damage to the cab. Is this method best?

Inner cabinet mirror blades are fine with thin double sided tape.

I wish @pingraffix would make some powerblades for TRON with animated light cycles, Portal and Grid landscape with clouds and lightening.

6 months later
#9128 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So is Tron incandescent or LED? Or both? Did they switch over to LED at some point? In some pics of the bottom of the Playfield I see bulb holders like they used in LOTR, but then in others I see what appear to be LED boards. Trying to plan a bulb order for the LE I am picking up Saturday. Thx

LE’s have incandescent GI & flashers including those under the disc and LED inserts all white LED boards, I have been considering asking PinMonk if he could maybe make some of his insert gels for the LE but have no idea what the level of interest would be?

#9132 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Insert gels? I might be interested if I knew what it was.
Not only are the LED boards unobtanium they also stop you using LED OCD, which is annoying. I didn't know that before I bought my LE. I'm not as affected by the digital on/off of LEDs, but even so..

If this link works it should take you to his insert gel page

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-category/345-playfield-other

#9136 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What link? lol Is this some sort of test?

Yes and since you have passed I have now added the link, well done

#9138 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Cheers. I'm still not sure what "insert gels" are, though. That link goes to some guy called Pin Monk, but the person you said creates them is vireland ? What are insert gels?

Pinmonk is PinMonk pinside store, they are one and the same. Basically the gels he makes are 3D printed mounts/frames that hold coloured gels under each insert, if you do a search on pinballinfo for iron maiden gels I believe Sutol or NeilMcRae did a group buy on the forum.

4 weeks later
#9255 4 years ago

Any fellow Tron owners with inner art blades? I can’t seem to find a decent looking set anywhere.

#9256 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thoughts? I saved the original chrome parts[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw someone who had done their LE in black chrome, probably a few years ago since it was posted but I remember it looked fantastic!

5 months later
#9361 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The Halmark Cycles require you to modify them to work. If you have the cycles and are just nervous about doing the wiring I'll do it for you. Come on out to Tuesday Jam at Pinballz and I'll grab them from you and will give them back to you the next Tuesday. It's a bit intimidating at first but the process is actually fairly easy to complete.

Once I get my second LE out the box setup, I’m hoping to try and be make a new/alternate mod to the hallmark lightcycles with light trails/walls behind them, no idea if it will work but let’s see

2 weeks later
#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Any powdercoat suggestions?

Black chrome!

#9410 4 years ago

As awesome as TRON is it’s not a game for a 1 pin collection. In a collection made up of a handful of games TRON is a keeper for sure.

I believe I have the only TRON LE numbered below #50 in Europe with a signed playfield from factory, which I brought knowing I’d never sell it.

1 month later
#9433 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If Tron is revisited by Lyman what is needed?
Portal needs to be more dynamic, higher scoring etc but can't think of much else??

What are the dots/lighting effects like for SOS and Portal in the latest code?

Last time I saw those modes I don’t think they had dots just text.

I’d like more emphasis on combos in Tron specially end of line combo having more fanfare.

1 month later
#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nib TRON le
Listed in marketplace...
Amazing there are still some
Out there

Has it gone? Doesn’t seem to show during a search, I thought I had brought the last one years ago, off you I believe.

3 weeks later
#9524 3 years ago

Someone really needs to make a Flynns arcade neon sign topper for this game.

3 weeks later
#9566 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents,
Does anyone do the stand-up target decals, ZUSE + 3 in front of Disc?
I know Pinball decals do them but wondered if there was different types out there?
Thanks....

You looking for Sterns decals (there wasn’t any supplied on the 3 bank as far as I’m aware) or are you looking for aftermarket decals?

#9570 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Aftermarket....I’ve seen pics of Tron pins with the 3 Bank with decals accommodating the rivet. Different graphics to the ones ones listed here:-
https://www.pinballdecals.com/TRONTargetDecalsPage.html
If that’s all there is out there now then I’ll order these but would like to know if there are any other alternatives available?

Drop flashinstinct a pm I’m sure he made some for Tron back in the day and his stuff is quality.

#9573 3 years ago

northvibe I’ve read the recent news that there’s a script already at Disney that the exec’s like and they want Daft Punk back above all else.

Not read anything new about Leto although I remember him being attached to old TRON3 rumours/news.

#9587 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i've recently thought about some kind of speaker grill, just can't find one i really like.

Same here non of the decals are to my liking like the one above is so bloody lazy. And the stainless steel ones don’t blow me away either, I’m thinking of designing my own and powder coating gloss black with a load of LED’s setting off the cut outs and edges with blue/yellow.

#9595 3 years ago

kapsreiter is this off your black out mod for ST? Thanks man.

8326E020-E2EB-4A6B-9BD1-B0631235F661 (resized).jpeg8326E020-E2EB-4A6B-9BD1-B0631235F661 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9619 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No. That is off my Blackout mod for Star Trek.
Standoffs for the GI Dimmer, extended screws, and a 3pin header for an extra ground.

Well I never used those, found them after I did the install but everything seems to be working just need to program things.

Do I need the additional header John or not?

1 week later
#9628 3 years ago

A dusty find....

C585CD04-EC8B-4C2B-92A3-DAB33016752C (resized).jpegC585CD04-EC8B-4C2B-92A3-DAB33016752C (resized).jpeg068922AC-0545-4EAB-B2F2-7D5A5D7FA12E (resized).jpeg068922AC-0545-4EAB-B2F2-7D5A5D7FA12E (resized).jpeg

#9634 3 years ago

finally! how long has that box been sitting there???

A good few years

And the nicest thing of all opening an old NIB no pooling, no chipping, no flimsy shit anywhere, rock solid cabinet and a playfield that has hard clearcoat and looks like glass!

#9640 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How cool is that!!!! Awesome....

Just sold my LE to clear my legal costs getting my kids off my ex, successfully I might add. So it was time to celebrate and what better way than an LE NIB

1 week later
#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Thanks. If I'll ready with this project I'll upload pictures. Now I waiting the Laser Cut Side Rails, and the Chrome Coin Door...and the Shooter housing light
[quoted image]

What side rails are you having done? What design did you go with an original of yours?

I’ve been tempted for ages to get some light cycle side rails cut in the same vein as Star Trek LE, I’ve got a friend who is a high end carpenter that could whip up a new cabinet routed out for a run of LEDs may get it started soon.

#9668 3 years ago

Any Tron owners in here who happen to be fairy badass with photoshop?

#9670 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Nice Pair!
[quoted image]

Great pair, I have both LEs myself and neither of them will ever leave.

Btw what figure have you used on your pop bumper? Not normally into figures but that actually looks really good!

2 months later
#9750 3 years ago

Anyone know the led numbers needed for an LE? My manual has the bulb types but doesn’t seem to list the numbers needed of each bulb.

Currently I’m not at home cause of Covid but would love to get an order in ready for when I’m back to working and living at home.

#9752 3 years ago

What are you looking to replace? The inserts on Tron LE are hardwired to those custom LED boards - you can't change them. GI is possible though.
Image from IPDB:
[quoted image]

Yeah swapping the GI Paul my manual is about 4 pages long, it’s more like a pamphlet

#9754 3 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Two sides, two colors

Who did the playing those look flawless!

I need to find someone who can cut rails as I have a light cycle design I want to start playing around with.

1 month later
#9832 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Yup, supposed to be red in one direction, blue in the other (I believe)

Correct the motor triggers the change.

1 month later
#9966 3 years ago

So after all these years looks like I might move on my LE, this one stored at my second home so barely any plays, Borg Signed playfield will miss this one.

1 month later
#10070 3 years ago

What’s a NIB/NOB (to swap cpu) Tron LE with 4 test plays of the board, worth these days?

1 week later
#10074 3 years ago

So finally decided due to a massive change of plans thanks to covid, it’s time to sell on my NIB Tron LE, only pulled out the box to fit new CPU from Stern, 6 plays in total to test the board. If anyone’s looking for an LE that’s basically NIB drop me a pm, I’ve got a shipping company that can pick it up at my door and drop it off at yours so couldn’t be more simple.

LE#50 so it’s part of the first #50 Signed by John Borg and Gary Stern under the clear,

#10078 3 years ago

Very cool! How did you know the CPU was bad?

CPU was fine it just needed the MHz block removing.

#10083 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

If I didn't have mine, I'd be very curious, however not sure in today's market I'm ready to make the jump up.
Good luck with the sale though post it in the marketplace and I'm sure you'll get some serious buyers.

Thanks dude, I’ll be listing it later today probably, along with an Avatar LE that’s equally as NOB, cpu and battery check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.