(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,244 posts
  • 465 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Alby
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,234 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg
20190807_192459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160626[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160432[1] (resized).jpg
2FB6440D-16E6-4D6D-87A5-63BBC222C073 (resized).jpeg
E7174D80-1D56-49B2-A4ED-8BE503946607 (resized).jpeg
E582F3F8-F368-48D6-8C2D-FA9B53F14B11 (resized).jpeg

There are 9244 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 185.
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just bought a NIB Tron LE. Should I just open it and use it, or save it?

Keep it in the box until the batteries explode. That's what I would do. There's no sense in actually playing a kick ass game.

#7052 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Can anyone confirm what sort of rubbers they have on their game please guys?? I have what look like clear(white) ones on most of my posts, slings and the like and feel they actually increase the brutality of this game!
They bounce around a lot compared to my other games which have the standard black rubbers. It almost feels like it's increasing the drains as well.
Loving this game but feel the rubbers are really affecting the way it plays. Thoughts??

I love Titan translucents. They are definitely more lively than standard black. That's the best part!

Do they look like these?

4b2e2b5df26c803cad99ec25c4fcb38fd0ac9166 (resized).jpg

#7053 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I love Titan translucents.

Agreed....anxiously waiting on the 2 1/4" to be available soon....Tron definitely one of the games that will benefit

#7054 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Can anyone confirm what sort of rubbers they have on their game please guys?? I have what look like clear(white) ones on most of my posts, slings and the like and feel they actually increase the brutality of this game!
They bounce around a lot compared to my other games which have the standard black rubbers. It almost feels like it's increasing the drains as well.
Loving this game but feel the rubbers are really affecting the way it plays. Thoughts??

The best improvement I did for Tron gameplay was to center the bubble for incline. I had it cranked up in the back and the shots just didn't make sense.

#7055 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I switched to white rubber when I cleaned it and installed the ramp light kit. I've been happy with it. White rubber is always bouncier than black. But black lasts longer and doesn't show the dirt. In a home environment they should get cleaned enough that it isn't an issue, so really it's a preference.

#7056 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I love Titan translucents. They are definitely more lively than standard black. That's the best part!
Do they look like these?

Yeah, they look exactly like those. Not sure I'm a fan yet. I do love the way the seem to spread more light over pf'd but yeah...do you have these everywhere? Not just on the slings but posts as well. Only places I don't think I have them is around the posts that lead to the ramps and in and around the recogniser.

#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

The best improvement I did for Tron gameplay was to center the bulb for incline. I had it cranked up in the back and the shots just didn't make sense.

Hmmm, ok....I"ll have a look at this when I get home. I'm sure it's the standard 6.5/7o

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Do they look like these?

Funny you posted this. I just ordered the same exact ring rubbers for my Tron. They look so freaking cool on your machine. I can't wait to install these over the weekend!

I recently put in an blue led mini light strip to go into the ball drain (middle) (alligator clipped to GI) and it really lights up the flipper area. Super easy mod & cheap mod for three bucks from Comet Pinball.

#7059 2 years ago

The best improvement I did for Tron gameplay was to center the bubble for incline. I had it cranked up in the back and the shots just didn't make sense.

Seeing those levels can be slightly different game to game, do you have an exact incline you run at? I'm always interested and compare pitch game to game because I feel every game has a "right" pitch where it plays like a bitch and feels great.

#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Seeing those levels can be slightly different game to game, do you have an exact incline you run at? I'm always interested and compare pitch game to game because I feel every game has a "right" pitch where it plays like a bitch and feels great.

I don't. I figure when Borg was working with the whitewood and making adjustments, the bubble would have to be the reference point. If it isn't, Stern should tape a note to the glass explaining what incline the designer intended.

#7061 2 years ago

The magic incline for mine turned out to be 6.7 degrees. Plays fantastic that way. It is truly my favorite machine and over this past weekend I set a new GC score. I feel like a God.

#7062 2 years ago

I don't. I figure when Borg was working with the whitewood and making adjustments, the bubble would have to be the reference point. If it isn't, Stern should tape a note to the glass explaining what incline the designer intended.

I think the point he was making is that the bubble is not always put in the same place from the factory. I would bet that they rarely are. My Shadow for instance was way off.

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I agree. I will check mine and post here. My Drac didn't feel right until I had it at about 7 degrees.

#7064 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I think the point he was making is that the bubble is not always put in the same place from the factory. I would bet that they rarely are. My Shadow for instance was way off.

So they aren't using a jig to staple the bubble? This is all very low tech stuff. It seems like manufacturing 101.

#7065 2 years ago

6.5 degrees is always the intended pitch on all the games (stemming back to at least the System 11 days).

#7066 2 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

6.5 degrees is always the intended pitch on all the games (stemming back to at least the System 11 days).

Very true but it's okay to crank it a few notches from up (6.5 to 7) to make it faster, more intense and more fun!

#7067 2 years ago

Seems to be a lot of Recognizer mods available? Who does the best?

#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

The magic incline for mine turned out to be 6.7 degrees. Plays fantastic that way. It is truly my favorite machine and over this past weekend I set a new GC score. I feel like a God.

I'm just a touch under 7 degrees myself....congrats on your new high score, but please don't post it.....seeing these always make me realize how this machine has truly dominated me for years....took me forever to break 100 million!!!

#7069 2 years ago

Which protector does everyone use/have on their Arcade Scoop?

Cliffy?

Mantis?

No protector?

#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cliffy?
Mantis?
No protector?

Mantis

#7071 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cliffy?
Mantis?
No protector?

Depends on what you want to protect...

#7072 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Depends on what you want to protect...

The scoop

Just curious what people have put on their arcade scoop to protect from wear etc

#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The scoop
Just curious what people have put on their arcade scoop to protect from wear etc

I started with Cliffy but the ball keep getting stuck.

#7074 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The scoop

I've had a Cliffy on my LE for years...preventative maintenance...

#7075 2 years ago

I started with Cliffy but the ball keep getting stuck.

No probs here

#7076 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No probs here

No problem since installing the Mantis.

#7077 2 years ago

On my last TRON I had a mantis and filled the gap between the mantis and the playfield edge with super hard clear nail polish worked perfectly.

#7078 2 years ago

No problem since installing the Mantis.

Pic? I use Mantis on my TAF and TZ...curious of the difference...

#7079 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On my last TRON I had a mantis and filled the gap between the mantis and the playfield edge with super hard clear nail polish worked perfectly.

My Cliffy is super flush....you have me wondering now....

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They all start flush. It just takes a whack by the ball on the wrong spot and the edge lifts. You will never get that bend back the way it was manufactured.

#7081 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I use Cliffys aswel but on a new game l, I try to avoid them I like to be able to see all the playfield and the art and finishes. On my old TRON I had a mantis and covered the edges and then filled in the gap between the two with super hard clear nail polish, can be easily refilled if chipped but that never happened with couple 1000 games on it.

Maybe Stern should start using the stuff for their clearcoats?

#7082 2 years ago

Full set of Cliffys on TRON (and all other machines for which he makes sets).

#7083 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Do they look like these?

4b2e2b5df26c803cad99ec25c4fcb38fd0ac9166 (resized).jpg

Can anyone confirm the rubbers used on the slings in the photo/post above are Titans? would like to replicate the look on my game.

#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The scoop

Hahah. Well the cliffy will cover the lip/edge so covers old damage or prevents. A mantis installs in the scoop so it won't protect the edge you see on the top of the pf.

I have a gen1 cliffy on my tron, came with. I'll probably get a new gen that comes precut to help the ball drop in from the right.

#7085 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone confirm the rubbers used on the slings in the photo/post above are Titans? would like to replicate the look on my game.

They look like it....but not my game....maybe others sell translucent, but I'm not aware.....

Note- as mentioned earlier...this machine will REALLY benefit with the new size (2 1/4") that Titan should have soon. 2's break too often on viscous games like this, 2 1/2 gets into problems by being too loose on occasion ( actuator gets on the wrong side of it. I've been on both sides of this fence......

#7086 2 years ago

Yeah I wasn't aware of anyone else doing translucent rubbers other than titan, but in this hobby its easy to miss whos making what these days with so many options out there. So guess these are titans then, looks GREAT on that game.

#7087 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah I wasn't aware of anyone else doing translucent rubbers other than titan, but in this hobby its easy to miss whos making what these days with so many options out there. So guess these are titans then, looks GREAT on that game.

Completely agree...a must have in Tron Land!!

#7088 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pic? I use Mantis on my TAF and TZ...curious of the difference...

Here you go:
mantis (resized).jpg

There is a bevel on the opening. The protector lines up at the bottom on it.

#7089 2 years ago

He you go:

Ahh...very nice...

#7090 2 years ago

He you go:

Looks good, the bevelled edges certainly help and are tougher wearing, I believe Stern have started doing that again at the outhole as of SW to help against chipping.

#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm just a touch under 7 degrees myself....congrats on your new high score, but please don't post it.....seeing these always make me realize how this machine has truly dominated me for years....took me forever to break 100 million!!!

You broke 100?!? haha... I just barely snagged the GC from the default (GS), and I mean by 20k or something lol.

#7092 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wait for Titan to release 2.25" size for the slings. It will be a few more weeks.

#7093 2 years ago

I heard PBL has clear rubbers.... I need to look into it though.

#7094 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They are Titan. My kit is under Disney Tron Legacy (third edition) jason h.

#7095 2 years ago

So my right ramp broke, with the Cliffy "protector" installed. Any advice on sourcing a replacement and avoiding having this happen again? Broke at the entrance on the left side. I noticed there is nothing supporting the protector at the base. This stuff was not installed me and was there when I bought the game.

#7096 2 years ago

Marcospecialties has the ramps in stock

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/510-5134-00

If you have the $$$ to spare it is always nice to have a backup set of ramps for older titles as they will sell out some day

#7097 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Marcospecialties has the ramps in stock
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/510-5134-00
If you have the $$$ to spare it is always nice to have a backup set of ramps for older titles as they will sell out some day

Yeah. Seems like Marco always has the premium price. Looks like Marco is almost double Bay Area Amusements at $145. I guess that is why Bay Area Amusements is out of stock.

#7098 2 years ago

Yeah. Seems like Marco always has the premium price. Looks like Marco is almost double Bay Area Amusements at $145. I guess that is why Bay Area Amusements is out of stock.

Marco seem to always be the most expensive, where ever possible i try to buy from elsewhere and support the guys offering the better pricing.

Pinballlife is my no.1 place for all my pinball needs whenever possible I try to order from Terry & co, good pricing and even better service.

#7099 2 years ago

Figure i just leave this here if any one is interested I ended up with 2 of them.

I miss my tron i hope find another one at some point but i'm looking for stock off route one.

attachment-1 (resized).jpg

attachment (resized).jpg

#7100 2 years ago

Thought you guys might enjoy a mod I have been working on. This is is the first prototype, it is on another piece of plexi so I can easily remove it and test with. I am still trying to decide how long to leave the bike in a wheelie and if it just do more that one when that ramp is hit. I still need to tie in the blue light cycle but I am waiting on a part. It is controlled by an Arduino.

Tron Wheelie (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 9244 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside