(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,063 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 182.
#7002 1 year ago

Waiting anxiously for my nicely modded TRON Pro that is on route to be shipped and delivered next week. So excited to get one of my "grail" games (hate that term) that I have put off purchasing for way too long. I can finally be part of the TRON family. Can't wait! I just have to pray to the arcade shipping gods that it arrives in tact & without damage. Wish me luck!

#7003 1 year ago

Here is the TRON pin I am waiting for. Love all the mods but not crazy about the powder coated orange. I was thinking of re-powder coating to a "magnesium blue" which looks pretty cool (see color example). Replacing it all to chrome is a little too pricey so I'm eventually going to re-coat it.

Ideas?

IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG

#7004 1 year ago

That Blue will look a gazillion times better than that orange.....

#7005 1 year ago

Received my ramp plastics today!

IMG_3407 (resized).JPG

#7008 1 year ago

Where did you hear that? There's been a rumor of a Tron vault for years but still nothing.

#7009 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Received my ramp plastics today!

Is that the Blue and Yellow ramp covers? Where did you get those anyway?

#7010 1 year ago

Just bought a NIB Tron LE. Should I just open it and use it, or save it?

#7011 1 year ago

NOBODY in this thread is going to tell you to save it haha. Let me be the first to say congrats, and hurry up and post some unboxing pictures already!

#7012 1 year ago

Greetings Program! Welcome to the Grid!

#7013 1 year ago

I think he is just saying "Tron vault confirmed" as a joke response to the Disney ride coming to US...

It may happen some day, but I am not holding my breath (and am really glad I got my TRON in back 2015 when I was wondering if I should "wait for the vault")!

#7014 1 year ago
Quoted from c508:

I think he is just saying "Tron vault confirmed" as a joke response to the Disney ride coming to US...
It may happen some day, but I am not holding my breath (and am really glad I got my TRON in back 2015 when I was wondering if I should "wait for the vault")!

Thumbs up!
Thank you for posting it this way... I was about to be a punk

#7015 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Third option? Sell it to me?

#7016 1 year ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Where did you hear that? There's been a rumor of a Tron vault for years but still nothing.

I was joking as Disney is going to bring a ride to the US...and it has been some time since Tron Legacy came out..

#7017 1 year ago

Is that the Blue and Yellow ramp covers? Where did you get those anyway?

ramp covers
http://www.gamestencils.com/pin-parts/tron-ramp-covers

They took over a month to ship, so if you order don't freak out.....

#7018 1 year ago

I just made the club

20170707_165746 (resized).jpg

#7019 1 year ago

Welcome to the Grid....grid.....grid.

#7020 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

...depends. did you buy it as an "investment"? If not, play the @#$#@ out of it

#7021 1 year ago

Is this coming from NJ?

Here is the TRON pin I am waiting for. Love all the mods but not crazy about the powder coated orange. I was thinking of re-powder coating to a "magnesium blue" which looks pretty cool (see color example). Replacing it all to chrome is a little too pricey so I'm eventually going to re-coat it.
Ideas?

#7022 1 year ago

I never played Tron before, does it have music from the movie ? I think some music is from Daft Punk?

Thanks

#7023 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never played Tron before, does it have music from the movie ? I think some music is from Daft Punk?
Thanks

Yes it is from the movie and soundtrack. There are also people who have made remix firmware so you can have new music like from the remix soundtravk

#7024 1 year ago

I never noticed this in years of owning, but I can't seem to change the disc hit numbers, ie hits to open target bank and his to start MB. Even though there are menu items and the numbers change, in gameplay there is no change. Am I missing something?

#7025 1 year ago

I wanted to post this up here to let you all see our Pin Stadium lighting/flasher mod for Tron which is controllable with your Apple and Android devices. Tron is now brilliantly lighted even in a pitch black room and with the add-on UV+Glow flasher (connected to the Recognizer in this example) really ignites the playfield like never before. Be sure to watch it all of the way through to the very end to see the grand finale light show that this lot provides.

Attached are the video and Before and After examples too. For more information visit this link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/8#post-3860979

And

www.pinstadium.com

image (resized).png

#7026 1 year ago

Ideas?

Got this exact same problem; same orange armour and having the exact same thoughts

#7027 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Got this exact same problem; same orange armour and having the exact same thoughts

I almost ended up getting the exact Tron from him in NY, but with travel arrangements not working out I went local. That's a really nice Tron and I think that you could try a hydro-dripping kit off Amazon for $65.00. Here is a link to them: amazon.com link »

It would be a cheap alternative to powder coating, and there are many options as far as solid colors or patterns. Other than that you could try refinishing it yourself with a spray can and easy/even strokes. Even though powder coating is preferred, these are some less expensive alternatives.

#7028 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is this coming from NJ?

Nope. NY to CA

#7029 1 year ago

First one to use pin browser to play these songs wins a prize.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 5.59.10 PM (resized).png

#7030 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

First one to use pin browser to play these songs wins a prize.

What's really cool is Trump has no f'n idea and Macron totally knows what they are doing. I like the French!

#7031 1 year ago

Finally part of the Tron club yay!

Anybody have tips on how to get the disk spinner to grab the ball better and fling it out harder? My disk doesn't seem to grab the ball very well.

I've played other peoples pins and it throws it like crazy!

IMG_4767 (resized).JPG

#7032 1 year ago

Anybody have tips on how to get the disk spinner to grab the ball better and fling it out harder?

Buy one of these...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539

Hurts so good!

#7033 1 year ago

Finally part of the Tron club yay!
Anybody have tips on how to get the disk spinner to grab the ball better and fling it out harder? My disk doesn't seem to grab the ball very well.
I've played other peoples pins and it throws it like crazy!

Congrats on finally getting one! Yours looks like it has been modded up nicely.

#7034 1 year ago

What makes this Disk better?

#7035 1 year ago

That's the plastic spinning disc that is part of the mechanism. It's not the clear adhesive disc used to replace the black one.

#7036 1 year ago

What makes this Disk better?

That's not actually what you want. There is a clear adhesive silicon disc that is used to replace the black factory one, and is super grippy and flings and spins the ball like crazy.
It comes from Europe and I'm not sure the guys who stock it still ship to the U.S.

#7037 1 year ago

Darn my bad.

Yeah, I meant the clear rubber one.

#7038 1 year ago

Used to be www.pinballcenter.en Not on their site now...ut oh....I only have one new one left!!!....

#7040 1 year ago

I Tron so hard.

20170715_114654 (resized).jpg

#7042 1 year ago

Did you insert bat first or shaft first?

Did you at least put on a rubber first?

#7043 1 year ago

My buddies blue clear bat did the same thing

#7044 1 year ago

My new Tron... and an uneventful spinning disk battle

Before I go an replace the spinning disk and rubber, I wanted to see if there were other options. A friend (who owns a Tron) told me to just clean/wax the playfield and clean the rubber disk really well with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber rag to get the grip back. He said after a few games and the wax gets a work out the grip will be back.

I spent a lot of time on Saturday cleaning the playfield which I planned to do on my new machine anyway. After a few hours I am happy to report the ball is now being thrown around all over the place like it should. I even saw it shoot down to the left "C" lane (for CLU) and it was spinning so fast it reversed and went backwards up the lane about two inches and few out into the far left out lane. Crazy $hit man! Now I really have to be on my toes during Disk battles (which is the way it should be).

Got to Sea of Simulation few times but still no Portal yet. Someday.......

Lovin my Tron so far. Very happy with this purchase. Damn this is a fast game!

#7045 1 year ago

Ok so I got my NIB LE coming Wednesday. It has probably been sitting in the sellers garage for many years. Any advice what I should do when I set it up ? I hope it still works!

#7046 1 year ago

Put the last code ...
And playing

Put new balls if they are not beautifull

#7047 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok so I got my NIB LE coming Wednesday. It has probably been sitting in the sellers garage for many years. Any advice what I should do when I set it up ? I hope it still works!

I opened a NIB Tron Pro a few years back (2015?) and the rubbers were absolutely dead. I'm guessing you'll be in the same boat. Other than that, show her some respect and wax the playfield before playing!

#7048 1 year ago

I think I'd actually play it on the old code for awhile before switching to the most recent code. You'll see just how much improvement was made.

#7049 1 year ago

My new Tron... and an uneventful spinning disk battle
Before I go an replace the spinning disk and rubber, I wanted to see if there were other options. A friend (who owns a Tron) told me to just clean/wax the playfield and clean the rubber disk really well with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber rag to get the grip back. He said after a few games and the wax gets a work out the grip will be back.
I spent a lot of time on Saturday cleaning the playfield which I planned to do on my new machine anyway. After a few hours I am happy to report the ball is now being thrown around all over the place like it should. I even saw it shoot down to the left "C" lane (for CLU) and it was spinning so fast it reversed and went backwards up the lane about two inches and few out into the far left out lane. Crazy $hit man! Now I really have to be on my toes during Disk battles (which is the way it should be).
Got to Sea of Simulation few times but still no Portal yet. Someday.......
Lovin my Tron so far. Very happy with this purchase. Damn this is a fast game!

You may get tried of the black disc droppings on the freshly cleaned playfield and posts almost instantly reappearing. I know I did. Your pinhead friends will think you don't really care about keeping your pins clean.

#7050 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm what sort of rubbers they have on their game please guys?? I have what look like clear(white) ones on most of my posts, slings and the like and feel they actually increase the brutality of this game!

They bounce around a lot compared to my other games which have the standard black rubbers. It almost feels like it's increasing the drains as well.

Loving this game but feel the rubbers are really affecting the way it plays. Thoughts??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 279.95
$ 26.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside