tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 233.
#7251 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm assuming the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" is as true in England as it is on this side of the pond, right?

Yeah but I am more than happy to help out fellow Pinsiders, so the more the merrier.

Just had a call from my good lady, as I am currently stuck on a night shift, our little one is officially being discharged tomorrow!

Once I get them both home I will get things moving for everyone that contacted me about a clear disc, my target for you guys will be invoices tomorrow and if payments are received quickly I will post out Friday and Saturday most probably in batches as there are a good few orders I need to box up.

#7252 6 years ago

I'm off to work now, once I'm at work and we are on downtime I will get invoices over to you guys, hopefully a couple hours from now.

Following payment I will send tracking numbers for each of your orders for your convenience.

If a number of you are going Expo, I could always ship to one of you and you can divide your orders up at Expo, just an idea and an option to help you guys out if it's convenient.

#7253 6 years ago

Guys just doing invoice stuff now, don't panic if you don't get an invoice instantly, I will be working through getting them sent over the next hour or 3 while at work.

Also I now have 2 discs left now, due to a couple of people cancelling and a couple not responding, so if anyone wants it say so in here and I will sort it out for you.

#7254 6 years ago

Invoices are going out now via pm!

Please bare with me, I am working my way through the first dozen orders I received so if you don't get a pm tonight, your more than likely in the second group (10) that messaged me, so I will get to you.

Any issues at all guys pm me and I will do my best to sort any problems, worth noting I have gone with a fully insured, trackable and signed for shipping method, if you wish to go for a cheaper option approx $6 cheaper it will have to be at your own discretion.

Thanks again for everyone's patience, I will go now and send more pms

#7255 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Guys just doing invoice stuff now, don't panic if you don't get an invoice instantly, I will be working through getting them sent over the next hour or 3 while at work.
Also I now have 2 discs left now, due to a couple of people cancelling and a couple not responding, so if anyone wants it say so in here and I will sort it out for you.

Count me in for a clear disc

#7256 6 years ago

J85M If you have a spare 1 or 2. Please hook me up.

#7257 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Count me in for a clear disc

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

J85M If you have a spare 1 or 2. Please hook me up.

Pm's sent.

As for everyone that has made payment, thank you guys for bearing with me, I know I have said it multiple times but I am genuinely grateful for your patience, expect your tracking numbers tomorrow morning before midday GMT.

Now onto the bad news, after 2 days I currently still haven't heard back from a few pinsiders, could you guys let me know if you are having discs or not? Obviously it was my mistake buying discs without taking any money off anyone, lesson learnt I guess, but if you could at least let me know then maybe I can sell them on, currently looking like I could be left with 8 discs

#7258 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pm's sent.
As for everyone that has made payment, thank you guys for bearing with me, I know I have said it multiple times but I am genuinely grateful for your patience, expect your tracking numbers tomorrow morning before midday GMT.
Now onto the bad news, after 2 days I currently still haven't heard back from a few pinsiders, could you guys let me know if you are having discs or not? Obviously it was my mistake buying discs without taking any money off anyone, lesson learnt I guess, but if you could at least let me know then maybe I can sell them on, currently looking like I could be left with 8 discs

I'll buy one if those others back out.

#7259 6 years ago

I will also take one if someone has backed out.

#7260 6 years ago

I’ll take 1 or maybe 2, sending pm now...

#7261 6 years ago

Pm sent.

#7262 6 years ago

[I was just writing an "I'll take one from J85M if he's got excess inventory that he wants to unload...but then I remembered...]
I went a little overboard on buying Tron mod stuff (haven't we all?) in back in 2014...and every year since then...
I bought 10 sets of clear discs & 6 sets of blue discs from our German friends at Pinball Center. Shipping to the US was only 10 euros per package back in the good old days.
I wasn't sure which color I'd go with, & I was also getting lots of spares to augment the pops' LED rings with diffusers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/59#post-2172186
I have these left in inventory:
CLEAR
6 unused sets
2 just inner discs unused
1 just outter disc already stuck to the inside of a ziploc baggie-it can probably be peeled out, cleaned gently, re-adhesived, & installed.
BLUE
3 unused sets
After J85M unloads the rest of his inventory, hit me up for a sale. I'm in California. I won't sell until he's gotten buyers for all of his inventory, considering what he's been through.
I figure I probably want to keep 1-2 of the clear sets for spares, as the one that I installed is peeling up a bit at the edges...though it's been peeling up for a long long time now & is still playing nicely (well, not nicely, considering this is an evil mod). All the rest should be up for grabs.
Thanks,
-Jason

Tron Disc Overload (resized).JPGTron Disc Overload (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: SOLD:
BLUE-3 unused sets
CLEAR-4 unused sets

UNSOLD:
CLEAR-2 unused sets [I definitely need to keep 1 set as my own spare, & I'm not super motivated to sell my second spare, so I'd need an attractive offer...]
CLEAR-1 set where outer disc is stuck to the inside of a Ziploc baggie (was testing it out as a light diffuser on the underside of a pop bumper cap--didn't work out, so removed--it's seen no ball action, & if you're a wiz at adhesive, you can probably stick it down just fine) [will definitely sell-cheap!]
CLEAR-1 just inner discs unused [will definitely sell--cheap!]

Thanks,
-Jason

#7263 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

currently looking like I could be left with 8 discs

You could try offering spares on the UK forum?

Pinballinfo.com

#7264 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

You could try offering spares on the UK forum?
Pinballinfo.com

Offering them out to the guys and gals over the pond first, as it appears shipping there is either not an option or silly money.

I will ask on our forum if I am left with spares and if people are interested in a future bulk buy

#7265 6 years ago

All paid orders are now on the first Recognizer heading to the US!
shipping.gifshipping.gif
I will pm tracking numbers shortly to everyone.

#7266 6 years ago

My guess is that both J85M and jasonbar will have no problem selling all of these. The initial buy from J85M went fairly quickly through this forum. I suspect give it a week or so and they'll all be gone. If I had known you were going to get stuck with extras, I would have definitely taken 1 or 2 more off your hands, but as it turns out, you've already sent me the tracking number for my first 2. Thanks again for all your efforts.

#7267 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pm's sent.

Where did the cost of a disc plus shipping to the US end up? I don't need one, but I would like to have a spare or two.

#7268 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Where did the cost of a disc plus shipping to the US end up? I don't need one, but I would like to have a spare or two.

I have no idea which side of the coast you are on, I will Google and pm you.

#7269 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted GRG, good customer service, they called me back and think the motor is defective. Going to send me a new one. Can't wait to see what else fails.

Well replacement shaker motor didn't work either, still shakes the rear of the play field, mostly the rear cycle and the recognizer. Next step is for me to try changing the weights.. I'll start with 180 degrees.. sigh..

#7270 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well replacement shaker motor didn't work either, still shakes the rear of the play field, mostly the rear cycle and the recognizer. Next step is for me to try changing the weights.. I'll start with 180 degrees.. sigh..

http://www.gameroomguys.com/Parts-Accessories/Cabinet-and-Playfield-Parts/Tron-Stern-Shaker-Motor-Kit.html

This the one you brought dude?

#7272 6 years ago

No idea why that is shaking your ramp, have you checked all the posts securing the ramps are present and the ramp is screwed to each of them? Something simply sounds loose.

As for the recognizer on the LE it does shake/wobble quite abit when the disc is spinning and the shaker is running at the same time, the reocognizer is on quite a flimsy armature.

#7273 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No idea why that is shaking your ramp, have you checked all the posts securing the ramps are present and the ramp is screwed to each of them? Something simply sounds loose.
As for the recognizer on the LE it does shake/wobble quite abit when the disc is spinning and the shaker is running at the same time, the reocognizer is on quite a flimsy armature.

I took some weather stripping and put it under the shaker motor. It didn't do much. Taking a piece of foam and putting it between the shaker and cabinet, I think dampened it down a bit. Ill check all the screws.. yeah something has to be loose. The only other thing I can think of is, since I changed the io driver board, this is when it all started. Maybe the new io power driver board is stronger, and makes it shake stronger.

Thanks for the advice

#7274 6 years ago

Well on the plus side at least your shaker is going what it's supposed to it's shaking your game silly

#7275 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well on the plus side at least your shaker is going what it's supposed to it's shaking your game silly

Yah I just hope it doesn't break anything. That yellow bike ramp doesn't have anything securing it in the front, thats why it flaps around some. Ill try adjusting the weights on the shaker to 90 degrees. Hope it helps. Could always go without shaker, but I kind of want it for that extra rumble feel

Mo

#7276 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That yellow bike ramp doesn't have anything securing it in the front, thats why it flaps around some. Ill try adjusting the weights on the shaker to 90 degrees. Hope it helps. Could always go without shaker, but I kind of want it for that extra rumble feel
Mo

Mo, that doesn't sound right I'm sure my last two TRONs never had ramps that flapped around, both solid and secure. Might be worth posting a couple pics over head so the guys with their games at hand can confirm for you, maybe it's right but I can't recall anything but solid ramps!

#7277 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mo, that doesn't sound right I'm sure my last two TRONs never had ramps that flapped around, both solid and secure. Might be worth posting a couple pics over head so the guys with their games at hand can confirm for you, maybe it's right but I can't recall anything but solid ramps!

Well I got tired of it, so I left it alone. I think I am overreacting a bit. yes the recognizer and that yellow bike shake some, but it only does it if the shaker goes on continuously and at full power. I would like to get that weight changed to 90 degrees, but man taking that screw off was impossible, so I gave up.. ok time to enjoy the game now and not worry about it

Thanks for all the tips.

#7278 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I got tired of it, so I left it alone. I think I am overreacting a bit. yes the recognizer and that yellow bike shake some, but it only does it if the shaker goes on continuously and at full power. I would like to get that weight changed to 90 degrees, but man taking that screw off was impossible, so I gave up.. ok time to enjoy the game now and not worry about it
Thanks for all the tips.

Rotate the weights on shaker ?

#7279 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Rotate the weights on shaker ?

Yeah thats what Im trying to do, but that damn screw wont come out.

#7280 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah thats what Im trying to do, but that damn screw wont come out.

allan head?

#7281 6 years ago

YeH it’s hard to get off. Manual almost broke the wrench in half and electrical broke the bit !

#7282 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for all the tips.

Same here.. on my tron the shaker wanted to rip the machine apart!!! I just rotated the weights to 90 degrees apart and its perfect now. Good luck!

#7283 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Same here.. on my tron the shaker wanted to rip the machine apart!!! I just rotated the weights to 90 degrees apart and its perfect now. Good luck!

Sounds like Permatex red. You may have to heat it before it will move.

#7284 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Man I wished you chimed in posts ago! Ill try this out
Thanks

#7285 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I wished you chimed in posts ago! Ill try this out
Thanks

I chimed in on another post. Just slide weights closer together. You can adjust shaker down to almost nothing

#7286 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the lit custom side rails and hinges?

#7287 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Zdoor from Pinball Refinery. Email him at [email protected].

#7288 6 years ago

3d81b1e53d313189f84902dcd74ea180 (resized).jpg3d81b1e53d313189f84902dcd74ea180 (resized).jpg

#7289 6 years ago

Checkout this blast from the past...

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.01.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.01.00 AM (resized).png

#7290 6 years ago

yes it is confirmed....99 BS on this forum. Invest in Batman 66 now as you still can, will be the greatest machine ever.

#7291 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Are you referring to the ones with the TRON LEGACY text, often in a bright orange powdercoat?

There are new ones in the works...

#7292 6 years ago

My recogniser motor in my newly acquired tron is quite loud.

When googling the issue an old pinside thread shows up with the suggestion to oil it as per a POTC service bulletin.
(https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-recognizer-motor-loud and http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb169.pdf )

As this information is quite old is there any change to this recommendation?

#7293 6 years ago

Hi everyone. Quick question. Is there a reason not to disable the post on the plunge? Mine seems to work intermittently. Also if there any other settings that people recommend using let me know. Just recently got the game and fixing it up. Thanks.
Jimmy

#7294 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Hi everyone. Quick question. Is there a reason not to disable the post on the plunge? Mine seems to work intermittently. Also if there any other settings that people recommend using let me know. Just recently got the game and fixing it up. Thanks.
Jimmy

Just unplug it, no need for that post imo

#7295 6 years ago

I never use that post. I turned off my shaker motor too....just crank the music up with upgraded speakers and that shakes the game plenty

#7296 6 years ago

So what was the best adhesive for the spinning discs? I have a new disc base from Pin life since people say the old adhesive will not come off. Mine arrived today and will prob tackle later this week.

#7297 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So what was the best adhesive for the spinning discs? I have a new disc base from Pin life since people say the old adhesive will not come off. Mine arrived today and will prob tackle later this week.

I posted this awhile back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/135#post-3629473

It is still holding strong and it has been over a year. I tried the spray adhesive first and it didn't hold up.

#7298 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I posted this awhile back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/135#post-3629473
It is still holding strong and it has been over a year. I tried the spray adhesive first and it didn't hold up.

Thx. I wonder if the primer is needed.

#7299 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Hi everyone. Quick question. Is there a reason not to disable the post on the plunge? Mine seems to work intermittently.

If you hold the left flipper down on the plunge, it will drop the post for the super skill shot to the right ramp. You may be inadvertently doing this on occasion, which is why it appears to be an intermittent issue. I personally see no reason to not disable the post completely. I just don't see the point of it, and you can still go for either skill shot.

#7300 6 years ago

Hey guys --- I recently sold my TRON (to fund SWLE) but I have some extra goodies if anyone is interested shoot me a message.

1. Brand New Playfield Protector from https://playfield-protectors.com/
2. Brand New replacement spinning Disc motor.
3. Brand New set of Blue and Yellow Hallmark Light Cycles for Light Cycle Mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.