IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 233.
#7201 6 years ago

Ahahahahaha i lost it!

#7202 6 years ago

Probably time for my LE to join the clear disk club. I know I missed the bus but does anyone have an extra one? Thanks, Mike

1 week later
#7203 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Stern tech support rocks. Finally narrowed it down to this U12 thingy. Waiting to see what they say next. It had all this black oozing liquid like stuff coming from it.

Tron is finally fixed. Bad power driver board. Replaced and working great! Finally.

#7204 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Probably time for my LE to join the clear disk club. I know I missed the bus but does anyone have an extra one? Thanks, Mike

I have a couple spare due to people ordering and now not replying via pm, so I am left out of pocket with about 4 discs spare.

I have been busy this week in hospital with my little one so I haven't had chance to pack up everyone's orders yet so if you pm me your details, address, PayPal details so I can send you an invoice I'll get it on it asap!

#7205 6 years ago

Touching on my post above, to all those in on a clear disc, providing me and the misses don't spend the majority of this next week in the hospital again, packages should be priced and invoices sent out.

#7206 6 years ago

Anyone going to remake the flynn sign? looking for one. Thx

#7207 6 years ago

If anyone is interested I have two sets of brand new tron pop caps. These are from "hooked". I originally planned on getting a tron machine and then never did.

I have one set of chrome $80.00 and one set of black $70.00. Again these are NIB never used!

Pm me if anyone is interested. I found them today when I was going through my pinball parts stash. I don't think he makes them anymore. But I could be wrong. Lol.

Here is the original pinside topic. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mod-gauging-interest-pop-caps-by-hkd

#7208 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Me too please.

#7209 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

If anyone is interested I have two sets of brand new tron pop caps. These are from "hooked". I originally planned on getting a tron machine and then never did.
I have one set of chrome $80.00 and one set of black $70.00. Again these are NIB never used!
Pm me if anyone is interested. I found them today when I was going through my pinball parts stash. I don't think he makes them anymore. But I could be wrong. Lol.
Here is the original pinside topic. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mod-gauging-interest-pop-caps-by-hkd

I'll take the black set if still available.

Todd

#7210 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Count me in as well on a Flynn sign

#7211 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I would like one too if someone is making them or knows where to get them.

#7212 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Im working on a Flynn sign.. Ill post up when I get the sample done. They will be a bit different that the ones that were made before but Im thinking laser engraved text, side lit plexi glass. Hopefully soon. Just PM me if you are interested in one. Thanks!

#7213 6 years ago

Quick disc update guys I will be good to go this week and get invoices sent for the weekend I hope. Apolgies for the delays it's 3:15am here in the UK at the moment and we have had a couple of particularly bad nights in the hospital this week, not to mention some a**hole broke into our house last night and 8 others while we where both sat here in the ICU ward, so that took priority today what with police and forensics coming round. Again my apologies and thanks for bearing with me.

#7214 6 years ago

Man I am sorry to hear that.

More proof that "no good deed goes unpunished."

#7215 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quick disc update guys I will be good to go this week and get invoices sent for the weekend I hope. Apolgies for the delays it's 3:15am here in the UK at the moment and we have had a couple of particularly bad nights in the hospital this week, not to mention some a**hole broke into our house last night and 8 others while we where both sat here in the ICU ward, so that took priority today what with police and forensics coming round. Again my apologies and thanks for bearing with me.

Man I hope everything is ok. Wishing best for you and your family

#7216 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry to hear of your travails.
The fact that you're taking time to post here & to apologize speaks volumes about your character.
I hope things take an all-around turn for the better for you!

-Jason

#7217 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn that really sucks. Hope the deadshits that broke in didn't get anything worthwhile out of it. Even though it is a real kick in the guts to you when you are obviously going through something pretty serious.

I have a lot of sympathy for you at this tough time as my wife and i spent a week in hospital with our little one only a few weeks ago. It is very tough not being able to do anything and I'm sure all the guys who are after the discs know that family comes first. Everything else can wait a while until you guys are all good again.

#7218 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Sorry to hear of your travails.
The fact that you're taking time to post here & to apologize speaks volumes about your character.
I hope things take an all-around turn for the better for you!
-Jason

Thanks Jason, I just hate to make people wait or let people down, doesn't take me more than a few seconds to just communicate delays and apologise for them plus Pinside has been keeping me sane, there is only so long you can look at the same 4 walls without going a little stir crazy, thankfully today we are able to leave the ward for a few hours so going to be having a little day out today and hopefully again tomorrow.

#7219 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Damn that really sucks. Hope the deadshits that broke in didn't get anything worthwhile out of it. Even though it is a real kick in the guts to you when you are obviously going through something pretty serious.
I have a lot of sympathy for you at this tough time as my wife and i spent a week in hospital with our little one only a few weeks ago. It is very tough not being able to do anything and I'm sure all the guys who are after the discs know that family comes first. Everything else can wait a while until you guys are all good again.

Lucky for them (and me really) we weren't home, there's a good chance they would have got in but not left with there kneecaps intact. Thankfully due to their greed we think they did next door at the same time and their dog disturbed them, so just an iPad gone, more bothered about the photos of the kids on it than the iPad itself.

Sorry to hear that Micky I hope all is okay your end now? Hopefully a few more weeks and we will be back home and start getting things back to normal.

#7220 6 years ago

Hey Tron lovers - I am bringing a Tron into the house next week and may need to remove the head in order to fit through a doorway. I haven't done this with a S.A.M. machine yet - how difficult is it? Thank you!

#7221 6 years ago

I just installed my 10th+ shaker motor in a pin. Every once in a while it seems you run into an issue....No shake on my tron. I plugged conntros in...one is on the left side the other is the brown wire in the back. I pushed in the white high voltage button and no shake...

I tested the shaker and the board in a pin next to it works perfect. Any what else to check on Tron? Its really just the brown wire connector in back of cab. Maybe a fuse on the board? Weird cause this is a lightly routed tron and it had a shaker in it before.

#7222 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey Tron lovers - I am bringing a Tron into the house next week and may need to remove the head in order to fit through a doorway. I haven't done this with a S.A.M. machine yet - how difficult is it? Thank you!

GorillaBiscuits should be able to help

#7223 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I do this for every game. It’s not bad on a Sam compared to a WPC... those SUCK ha.

Just take a few pictures, or if you have the time label each connector on the side with a fine sharpy as you pull them off. Be mindful that not everything needs to be removed!

One other thing to consider is you can twist the head a bit if you have a straight shot (no stairs) and have a buddy to help. Plenty of slack in the harness!

Welcome to the grid

#7224 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I just installed my 10th+ shaker motor in a pin. Every once in a while it seems you run into an issue....No shake on my tron. I plugged conntros in...one is on the left side the other is the brown wire in the back. I pushed in the white high voltage button and no shake...
I tested the shaker and the board in a pin next to it works perfect. Any what else to check on Tron? Its really just the brown wire connector in back of cab. Maybe a fuse on the board? Weird cause this is a lightly routed tron and it had a shaker in it before.

Found the problem...Q8 is not populated with a Transistor...I wonder if it failed and was removed at sometime? Were there early boards that did not have a Trans there? It looks like there was never one in there.

#7225 6 years ago

Hi guys, I have been playing my Tron off and on for some time now I installed a shaker motor and its working great. One thing bothers me, and Im not sure if its normal. Sometimes during the game (I dont know if its a mode or not, or if its even supposed to do this), but the moving recognizer starts shaking violently, like its blowing up or something. It shakes the whole machine. Is it supposed to do that?

Thanks
Mo

#7226 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys, I have been playing my Tron off and on for some time now I installed a shaker motor and its working great. One thing bothers me, and Im not sure if its normal. Sometimes during the game (I dont know if its a mode or not, or if its even supposed to do this), but the moving recognizer starts shaking violently, like its blowing up or something. It shakes the whole machine. Is it supposed to do that?
Thanks
Mo

When the shaker's shaking, or just on its own without obvious reason?

This sounds wrong, like the LE's moving Recogniser motor is screwed somehow. I have a Pro - my recogniser stands perfectly still, even when the shaker shakes

#7227 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

When the shaker's shaking, or just on its own without obvious reason?
This sounds wrong, like the LE's moving Recogniser motor is screwed somehow. I have a Pro - my recogniser stands perfectly still, even when the shaker shakes

I think its only when the shaker motor is going full throttle.. must be shaking the post?

#7228 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think its only when the shaker motor is going full throttle.. must be shaking the post?

There's a shaker test in the menu's - try that, see if it tallies with your theory. Maybe the recogniser rod thing from the back board is loose?

#7229 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

There's a shaker test in the menu's - try that, see if it tallies with your theory. Maybe the recogniser rod thing from the back board is loose?

Ok thanks for the advice.. man my Tron requires more servicing than any of my other pins. Weird.

#7230 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok thanks for the advice.. man my Tron requires more servicing than any of my other pins. Weird.

I just tested it looks like the recognizer shakes like crazy when the shaker motor goes on. Must be a loose post or something anyone have this before ?

#7231 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That is weird. I've had mine for over 5 years, and the only servicing has been cleaning, a few bulbs, and the E target in Zeus. Other than that I've just installed mods. Oh, and played the snot out of it

Though I think there is service coming up because my shaker has started to squeak. So that will need a look soon.

#7232 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is weird. I've had mine for over 5 years, and the only servicing has been cleaning, a few bulbs, and the E target in Zeus. Other than that I've just installed mods. Oh, and played the snot out of it
Though I think there is service coming up because my shaker has started to squeak. So that will need a look soon.

Yeah looks like mine needed some tuning

#7233 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah looks like mine needed some tuning

I messaged Stern.. not sure how to fix this one. The recognizer goes left and right just fine.. movement is fine, but man when that shaker motor goes, it bounces up and down like nuts. The bar is a little loose if I push it up, looks like it needs a new bolt or something to hold it tighter... hoping it is once again an easy fix.

#7234 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I messaged Stern.. not sure how to fix this one. The recognizer goes left and right just fine.. movement is fine, but man when that shaker motor goes, it bounces up and down like nuts. The bar is a little loose if I push it up, looks like it needs a new bolt or something to hold it tighter... hoping it is once again an easy fix.

You know what, Im beginning to think my shaker motor is just too violent and needs to be adjusted. Even the light cycles in the back are shaking. I read somewhere that people adjusted their shaker so one weight is 90 degrees compared to the other, I will try this out

Mo

#7235 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im beginning to think my shaker motor is just too violent

Which shaker is in there? I really like the Stern one in my Tron and it was perfect. I put the Cointaker Red Tremor in my Iron Man and thought it was MUCH to violent.

#7236 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Which shaker is in there? I really like the Stern one in my Tron and it was perfect. I put the Cointaker Red Tremor in my Iron Man and thought it was MUCH to violent.

I bought it from gameroomguys, I just assumed its a Stern, but Im not sure. I think thats the problem because the back of the play field kind of vibrates a lot, the cycles shake a little bit too, I hope its as simple as this. Any other advice you guys can give?

#7237 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I bought it from gameroomguys, I just assumed its a Stern, but Im not sure. I think thats the problem because the back of the play field kind of vibrates a lot, the cycles shake a little bit too, I hope its as simple as this. Any other advice you guys can give?

This is going to sound like hearsay, but I remember some people saying the GRG shaker is too violent. Not a Stern.

I have one pin with a Cointaker and it's really violent compared to the shaker in my Tron.

#7238 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is going to sound like hearsay, but I remember some people saying the GRG shaker is too violent. Not a Stern.
I have one pin with a Cointaker and it's really violent compared to the shaker in my Tron.

Thats weird, because I just reviewed my purchase from eBay. The ad said it is "OEM". Could it still not be a stern?
Thanks

#7239 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats weird, because I just reviewed my purchase from eBay. The ad said it is "OEM". Could it still not be a stern?
Thanks

Took out my shaker motor, thinking about making one of the weights 90 degrees, but obviously since shaker out, game working 100% fine again. Wonder if maybe I just didn't have it bolted to the cabinet very good. Love this trouble shooting stuff, reminds me of my Windows PCs back in the day when I was trying to get my PC games to run smoothly. There was always some virus, this problem/that problem.. thats why I dont deal with Windows anymore.. made me overweight from all those days sitting on the computer trying to get Windows to run. At least this way Im screwing things, taking things out, bending over, lifting.. healthier hobby.

#7240 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Took out my shaker motor, thinking about making one of the weights 90 degrees, but obviously since shaker out, game working 100% fine again. Wonder if maybe I just didn't have it bolted to the cabinet very good. Love this trouble shooting stuff, reminds me of my Windows PCs back in the day when I was trying to get my PC games to run smoothly. There was always some virus, this problem/that problem.. thats why I dont deal with Windows anymore.. made me overweight from all those days sitting on the computer trying to get Windows to run. At least this way Im screwing things, taking things out, bending over, lifting.. healthier hobby.

Ok so I took out the shaker motor, put back it in and bolted it down like crazy. Same result. Shaking play field around and the recognizer and the yellow light bike bounce around like crazy. This sucks.

#7241 6 years ago

Maybe just put something between the shaker and the cabinet. Did that on my POTC, just some rubber to have a more balanced shake not the huge rattling.

#7242 6 years ago

Search how to tame cointakers red tremor shaker motor and you'll solve your issue. Its simple and easy and can be used for any shaker.

#7243 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Search how to tame cointakers red tremor shaker motor and you'll solve your issue. Its simple and easy and can be used for any shaker.

You guys don't think changing the io power driver board made the shaker motor "stronger ". Is that even possible ? Because I swear it was working fine before

#7244 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You guys don't think changing the io power driver board made the shaker motor "stronger ". Is that even possible ? Because I swear it was working fine before

If I remember you just loosen allen screw and move counterweights..When I played with it a while back I remember I could even line them up so when it spins there is no shake...just tweak the location of the weights.

#7245 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

If I remember you just loosen allen screw and move counterweights..When I played with it a while back I remember I could even line them up so when it spins there is no shake...just tweak the location of the weights.

Ok Ill try that
Thanks
MM

#7246 6 years ago

I contacted GRG, good customer service, they called me back and think the motor is defective. Going to send me a new one. Can't wait to see what else fails.

#7247 6 years ago

Disc update!

Good news here hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest we will hopefully be seeing our little one discharged from hospital, we came off the ICU ward at the beginning of the weekend and things are looking good here, so fingers crossed.. At which point once we are home and settled back into normality you guys will be my first priority.

I hope these delays haven't annoyed anyone, when I offered to order discs and send them over I was unaware things where going to deteriorate so rapidly with our little one and we would living out of the hospital, my honest intention was simply to help out some fellow pinsiders/pinheads across the pond, order these and get them out to you guys asap, so again I apologise for the delays.

Big thanks from me and my good lady for baring with us and as above you guys will be my priority later this week if all goes well and to plan.

#7248 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Disc update!
Good news here hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest we will hopefully be seeing our little one discharged from hospital, we came off the ICU ward at the beginning of the weekend and things are looking good here, so fingers crossed.. At which point once we are home and settled back into normality you guys will be my first priority.
I hope these delays haven't annoyed anyone, when I offered to order discs and send them over I was unaware things where going to deteriorate so rapidly with our little one and we would living out of the hospital, my honest intention was simply to help out some fellow pinsiders/pinheads across the pond, order these and get them out to you guys asap, so again I apologise for the delays.
Big thanks from me and my good lady for baring with us and as above you guys will be my priority later this week if all goes well and to plan.

I will say once again that you are going WAAAAY above and beyond the call of duty by doing this in the first place. I wish you nothing but the bets of luck with your little one... family ALWAYS comes first, hobbies can wait.

I do appreciate the update for sure and as for me... no hurry at all.

#7249 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I will say once again that you are going WAAAAY above and beyond the call of duty by doing this in the first place. I wish you nothing but the bets of luck with your little one... family ALWAYS comes first, hobbies can wait.
I do appreciate the update for sure and as for me... no hurry at all.

Thanks, but in all honesty I criticise Sterns lack of communication plenty, so I wanted to avoid being a hypocrite and keep you all informed, even though its mostly been delays up to this point, but we are hopeful as are the doctors that things are looking good and we can potentially get home this week.

I also didn't expect 20+ orders for nearly 45 discs when I first offered so that caught me off guard

#7250 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I also didn't expect 20+ orders for nearly 45 discs when I first offered so that caught me off guard

I'm assuming the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" is as true in England as it is on this side of the pond, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.