IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 233.
#7151 6 years ago

Hey guys, my Tron had some mild scratching I guess from shipping. Is there anything you guys can recommend to fix it? Some very mild paint chipping. Would you guys just leave it alone?

IMG_0901 2 (resized).jpgIMG_0901 2 (resized).jpg

#7152 6 years ago

Getting Tron back. Seen a few posts but wanted to see the best recognizer
Rubber pad to get

#7153 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Seen a few posts but wanted to see the best recognizer

I have been asking the same thing myself but with no joy or response.

There are quite a few different Recognizer mods so I'd love to hear some opinions on who's is the best and why.

#7154 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are quite a few different Recognizer mods so I'd love to hear some opinions on who's is the best and why.

I simply added a single red LED, tied into the GI. Looks very effective, and it's a Pro so no mucking about with it moving.

#7155 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've got the one that lights and interacts w gameplay on my LE....just can't remember where I got it ( been some time ago). Easily the best one I've seen, and would work in the fixed position, as well ( for non LE's)...I save a lot of paperwork on my mods....I'll attempt to dig it up.....

There are several, unique mods for Tron that really make the game look complete ( note here)....all mods are NOT the same, even if they claim to be.

#7156 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I simply added a single red LED, tied into the GI. Looks very effective, and it's a Pro so no mucking about with it moving.

Think mine fires orange down, and works w the recognizer mode engaged...

#7157 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think mine fires orange down, and works w the recognizer mode engaged...

Kim's from KimballsPinballs?

#7158 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's actually very simple. This should help.
» YouTube video

Shaker motor installed successfully. Man what a pain, had to wire up a harness to the head, then another one in the back, then I screwed up the screws.. 2 hours later.. success. Not for the faint of heart.

#7159 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Shaker motor installed successfully. Man what a pain, had to wire up a harness to the head, then another one in the back, then I screwed up the screws.. 2 hours later.. success. Not for the faint of heart.

#7160 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What brand shaker motor did you buy?

#7161 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

What brand shaker motor did you buy?

Not sure, I got it from Gameroomguys. I hope its legit.

#7162 6 years ago

Other than it being very tight around the motor, I really didn't have any issues. The wires are all there, and so are the mounting T-nuts.

#7163 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kim's from KimballsPinballs?

That's it!!!

Killer recognizer mod ( I went w blue firing down, w orange lights)

His backbox kit for this machine is insane, as well, if you have the 3D translite...a must have!!!

#7164 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Im talking about the replacement rubber disc. Was tempted by clear one. But some say too much spin and craziness

#7165 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im talking about the replacement rubber disc. Was tempted by clear one. But some say too much spin and craziness

Clear disc of doom is awesome. It settles down after awhile.

#7166 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Clear disc of doom is awesome. It settles down after awhile.

Cool. Who sells it?

#7168 6 years ago

Thx...Ill prob order a few extras and may sell 1 local

#7169 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx...Ill prob order a few extras and may sell 1 local

Good luck ordering from Germany. They won't ship to the US, and you have to set up a shipping address with a forwarding service to get it to you. Ridiculous. It's really a shame because they carry really great stuff.

#7170 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck ordering from Germany. They won't ship to the US, and you have to set up a shipping address with a forwarding service to get it to you. Ridiculous. It's really a shame because they carry really great stuff.

You sure?
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-for-tron-legacy-transparent

#7171 6 years ago

After getting my shaker motor installed.. which works great.. I went to install my mini cab ver 3.1. But I cracked the plastic base. So the seller, who is amazing, is sending me another plastic base to replace it! Then I got to figure out how to install this recognizer mod. Man too many mods! But at least this is a good way to learn everything

#7172 6 years ago

Yes. Unless you'd like to pay 420 Euros for shipping. Have fun with that.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#7173 6 years ago

If any TRON owners here want one of those from Germany let me know and I'll see what I can do for you! €420 for shipping is horse sh*t.

#7174 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. Unless you'd like to pay 420 Euros for shipping. Have fun with that.

Hmm. When I ordered my discs it was $40 for UPS.

#7175 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Hmm. When I ordered my discs it was $40 for UPS.

Depends when you ordered. I got them last year when they were still shipping to the US. I tried to go back in to place another order and the new policy was in effect (for whatever reason). I actually emailed them about it and they gave me some reason that just pissed me off so I deleted the email. Wish I'd kept it. But either way, there are issues with getting stuff from them if you're in the US. I don't think Canadians have a problem ordering from them. Maybe some Canadian Pinsiders want to extend the service to us in the US for a nominal fee...

#7176 6 years ago

Anybody selling the lighted ramp kit from Pinbits / Eli? Let me know!
Thanks

#7177 6 years ago

I have an recognizer mod to install. Its the one with 6 LEDs.. was thinking about doing it on my Tron LE. Does anyone know how hard it is? It keeps talking about small wires which can be easily damaged.. scares the crap out of me.

#7178 6 years ago

Ok Tron guys, I need help big time. When I first got my Tron LE, the DMD was grabled and it machine would kind of reset, and go into a state where none of the buttons worked. It did that for a while, but then it just went away. For weeks I have been playing my Tron just fine, even installed a shaker motor and mini cab 3.1 with no problems! Then just today it started doing it all over again. I have checked every connection, any one have any ideas what I can do, its frustrating ! When it happens the lit ramps don't turn on.

IMG_0928 (resized).jpgIMG_0928 (resized).jpg

#7179 6 years ago

Start at the usual spots. Grab a meter and check the voltage coming into the DMD. However I suspect they are correct, but it's the first spot.

After that, one strange thing about Stern games... when the display gets nuts, it can cause a bunch of odd problems like this (not booting). If you have another stern of the same generation, grab the whole DMD, display board, and cable, and slap it into Tron. If that works, swap back one part at a time. Pay very close attention to the actual shape of the ribbon connectors (you will probably have to remove some hot snot to get them off). If any of those pins are discolored, that is likely your issue. Same thing if swapping back all the parts works, it was connection of the ribbon cables, replace them.

#7180 6 years ago

Last day today guys if anyone else wants clear Tron discs please let me know before the end of the day!

To all those that have pm'd me I will be putting the order in tonight, so keep an eye out for a pm later.

#7181 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Start at the usual spots. Grab a meter and check the voltage coming into the DMD. However I suspect they are correct, but it's the first spot.
After that, one strange thing about Stern games... when the display gets nuts, it can cause a bunch of odd problems like this (not booting). If you have another stern of the same generation, grab the whole DMD, display board, and cable, and slap it into Tron. If that works, swap back one part at a time. Pay very close attention to the actual shape of the ribbon connectors (you will probably have to remove some hot snot to get them off). If any of those pins are discolored, that is likely your issue. Same thing if swapping back all the parts works, it was connection of the ribbon cables, replace them.

Hey thanks for your reply. I think its the ribbon cables but Im not 100% sure. I ordered a new set, cost like 25.00.. If that still doesn't work, do you think I should get a pinball tech to come out?

Mo

#7182 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey thanks for your reply. I think its the ribbon cables but Im not 100% sure. I ordered a new set, cost like 25.00.. If that still doesn't work, do you think I should get a pinball tech to come out?
Mo

Ok so I contacted Stern, and they said to check CPU voltage and make sure its 5volts DC. If its fine and CPU not booting, then its a CPU problem. So I have never checked any voltage this and that before. What do I do? Anyone can point me to voltage meter and where do I put it to test the voltage?

Thanks!

#7183 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Last day today guys if anyone else wants clear Tron discs please let me know before the end of the day!
To all those that have pm'd me I will be putting the order in tonight, so keep an eye out for a pm later.

Holy crap guys, my mail box exploded tonight with requests for clear discs, I literally have about 20 people who want orders so if you can all bare with me so I can make sure I get this right and organised I'd appreciate it, was expecting to order a dozen discs it's now looking like its going to be an order of about about 40 discs

#7184 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

was expecting to order a dozen discs it's now looking like its going to be an order of about about 40 discs

Maybe add $2.50 or $3 per disc for your services? I don't mind a small contribution for your time and energy and you'll have a nice little profit!

#7185 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Maybe add $2.50 or $3 per disc for your services? I don't mind a small contribution for your time and energy and you'll have a nice little profit!

Thanks dude, a couple of the people who have pm'd me have said the same thing but just so it's easy for everyone who's pm'd me to see, I won't be adding anything for myself as it's really no trouble at all.

I have had plenty of help off Pinsiders in the US for pinball and non pinball related stuff so I am more than happy to help out and return the favour.

#7186 6 years ago

Quick update guys, tried to order tonight but site wouldn't let me order the total number needed so I have emailed them for numbers soon as I hear back I will update thread again, probably be Monday but ill update if I hear sooner.

BTW shipping from UK to USA should be no more than £15-20, guaranteed delivery within 10 days, tracked, insured and require a signature, if I can squeeze them in something really small yet rigid to avoid any bending or damage I am hoping to get shipping costs down to around £10, hope that sounds okay to everyone.

#7187 6 years ago

I didn't get in before your deadline yesterday, but wondering if you're open to adding more to the order now that things have been delayed. I sent you a PM, so possibly you can respond there. Thanks either way!!

#7188 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I didn't get in before your deadline yesterday, but wondering if you're open to adding more to the order now that things have been delayed. I sent you a PM, so possibly you can respond there. Thanks either way!!

Oh don't worry about that "deadline" I got your pm and made a note of it and its part of the order already

Sorry I haven't already replied to you direct I got pummelled with requests, a lot more than I was expecting but its all good

#7189 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I sent you a PM, so possibly you can respond there.

Just did and also responded to everyone who pm'd me either today or yesterday - should have replied to everyone now, if I have missed anyone and not replied now via pm then sorry about that just pm me again and ill get you added to the list.

Thanks for bearing with me guys.

#7190 6 years ago

Ok I think I narrowed down the problem to no 5 volt coming through on the io power board. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do from here? Do you think the power board has to be replaced? Man thats like 500.00

#7191 6 years ago

Found a spare disc pad in my coin Box. Can anyone tell if this is just a spare stern or a new better one.

IMG_7540 (resized).JPGIMG_7540 (resized).JPG

#7192 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Found a spare disc pad in my coin Box. Can anyone tell if this is just a spare stern or a new better one.

Looks factory.

#7193 6 years ago

That's what I thought too

#7194 6 years ago

Stern tech support rocks. Finally narrowed it down to this U12 thingy. Waiting to see what they say next. It had all this black oozing liquid like stuff coming from it.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#7195 6 years ago

I will pm everyone that's in on the clear disc order with a little invoice of sorts later today, so look out for a pm shortly.

#7196 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will pm everyone that's in on the clear disc order with a little invoice of sorts later today, so look out for a pm shortly.

thx!

#7197 6 years ago

Just little update for everyone order is sorted, didn't get chance to pm everyone last night as my daughter had a high temperature so spent the night reading bedtime stories instead, will catch up tonight and pm everyone at some point later tonight.

#7198 6 years ago

Everyone should have received a pm within the last 5 minutes took me a while to work through everyone.

Please reply direct to that pm and confirm the required details - number of discs & shipping address.

#7199 6 years ago

MEOW!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.