IMG_9100 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9103 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9102 (resized).jpeg
rub (resized).jpg
IMG_5239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5235 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 550 of 552.
#27451 15 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

“they’ve destroyed Jeremy’s trippy” Any idea what the Heck that means, or do i need to be at a Grateful Dead concert?☺

jeremy smith as in zombie yeti (who did the artwork for godzilla). I think he won a twippy (pinball award), so the callout is actually saying "they've destroyed jeremy's twippy!"

#27452 15 days ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Service Menu->Diag->Speaker is your friend #1105...

Please explain what this is for...

#27453 15 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What does that last part mean?

Go into Service Menu, select "Diag", select "SPKR" and play sound no. 1105. To me, it sounds like "Jeremy's Twippy.... Noooooooo", so it's missing the "They've destroyed"...?

#27454 15 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

jeremy smith as in zombie yeti (who did the artwork for godzilla). I think he won a twippy (pinball award), so the callout is actually saying "they've destroyed jeremy's twippy!"

Oh cool thanks!

#27455 15 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

“they’ve destroyed Jeremy’s trippy” Any idea what the Heck that means, or do i need to be at a Grateful Dead concert?☺

This Week In Pinball (TWIP) has an annual pinball award that is nicknamed a TWIPY.

Godzilla Artist Jeremy Packer "Zombie Yeti" won the best art package Twipy for Godzilla.

#27456 15 days ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

After much seeking I acquired a Raiden Gorby Topper from a generous pinsider![quoted image]

Does he make custom toppers? I seen a pic from a show that had many like this.

#27457 15 days ago
IMG_9046 (resized).jpegIMG_9046 (resized).jpeg
#27458 15 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I saw this booth as well. His toppers aren’t cheap and personally I feel they don’t look as nice as the price tag would suggest. Interactivity is a bare minimum as well, but to each their own. I have a feeling he’ll still sell a few. First thing I did say tho when I saw the GZ one is that it’s a blatant ripoff of raidans design, which doesn’t sit too well either.

#27459 13 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

He was at the Texas Pinball Festival last March. Godzilla looked good. The Eddie for Iron Maiden looked awesome.

IMG_4211 (resized).jpegIMG_4211 (resized).jpegIMG_4212 (resized).jpegIMG_4212 (resized).jpeg
#27460 13 days ago

Does anyone have a picture of the factory inlane/outlane post config? My posts are in the middle hole and everything has a rubber.

#27461 13 days ago

Just checked, both middle, all have a prophylactic. Stock config.

#27462 13 days ago

Godzilla still kicks ass, just feels great to hop into a game and destroy shit.

Originally bought it to trade after a few months but here we are a few years later, bolted down.

#27463 13 days ago

#27464 12 days ago

Back in the club with my second new in the box premium. Glad to be back!

Just thought I would ask this.

Is anyone doing a code mod with the footage from Godzilla Minus One?

That would be badass!!! That movie was so great and that video footage would definitely fit the theme of the pinball machine because it takes place after World War II.

#27465 12 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

raiden gorby no longer makes the GZ topper

That other one is a ripoff copy - and far less detailed.

#27466 12 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone have a picture of the factory inlane/outlane post config? My posts are in the middle hole and everything has a rubber.

Like this picture of the outlanes. I moved mine all the way down to slow down all the U turn drains. But it still happens. LOL.

Godzilla Outlanes (resized).jpgGodzilla Outlanes (resized).jpg
#27467 12 days ago

What are homeuse only stock LES going for nowadays? Time for mine to move along

#27468 12 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Back in the club with my second new in the box premium. Glad to be back!
Just thought I would ask this.
Is anyone doing a code mod with the footage from Godzilla Minus One?
That would be badass!!! That movie was so great and that video footage would definitely fit the theme of the pinball machine because it takes place after World War II.

Wouldn't work at all IMO. The game has clips from several movies for each of the Kaiju in the modes, minilla, jet jaguar, the xiliens. Tanks, power lines, maser cannon.

Godzilla minus one, while a great movie...just has Godzilla, people, and boats. There's almost no overlap with the stuff in the game. The integration with all the code is what makes a theme most people don't care about still be able to be considered the best machine of all time.

#27469 12 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Wouldn't work at all IMO. The game has clips from several movies for each of the Kaiju in the modes, minilla, jet jaguar, the xiliens. Tanks, power lines, maser cannon.
Godzilla minus one, while a great movie...just has Godzilla, people, and boats. There's almost no overlap with the stuff in the game. The integration with all the code is what makes a theme most people don't care about still be able to be considered the best machine of all time.

I could see one great use of the GZ minus 1 assets; heat ray ready - show the clip of him charging, heat ray use - show the clip of blast.

#27470 12 days ago

That would be cool. For anyone who didn't see it yet. Godzilla Minus One. Is probably the best Godzilla movie ever made.

#27471 12 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I could see one great use of the GZ minus 1 assets; heat ray ready - show the clip of him charging, heat ray use - show the clip of blast.

Yeah that's a cool scene. Bug what about every other clip used in the game? Very few suitable replacements. I hope you aren't suggesting mixing 1954 and 2023..

#27472 12 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Whats balls not ejected from the building mean?

Sometimes a straight shot into the building doesn't go in (or through) and just slowly rolls back out. Not always, apparently mostly on really high scoring games

#27473 12 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah that's a cool scene. Bug what about every other clip used in the game? Very few suitable replacements. I hope you aren't suggesting mixing 1954 and 2023..

Considering how minus 1 was made, I don't think it would be heresey to inject a couple clips into the game.

Others may disagree

#27474 12 days ago

FYI … I’m stalking this thread as I’m negotiating with wife for a 3rd pin and GZ prem is the leading contender to add to James Bond and POTC.

I enjoy your guys’ passion and excitement for the game.

#27475 12 days ago

Personally I think you won't be disappointed but suggest you play a premium somewhere locally for awhile (take $10 with you or something like that at least and see if you like the game ). I still am loving mine. Full disclosure I am a Godzilla fan. You get bonus points for taking your wife with you to test drive one if she is into pinball, too.

Quoted from Allmoney:

FYI … I’m stalking this thread as I’m negotiating with wife for a 3rd pin and GZ prem is the leading contender to add to James Bond and POTC.
I enjoy your guys’ passion and excitement for the game.

#27476 12 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

That would be cool. For anyone who didn't see it yet. Godzilla Minus One. Is probably the best Godzilla movie ever made.

Does anyone know of anywhere you can stream it without a VPN?

#27477 12 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Was just in theaters not long ago. Think you will have to wait a bit for steaming release but it will come. Meanwhile you can watch Shin Godzilla if you haven't which is another Godzilla reboot (and second most recent Japanese GZ film) but set in the modern era.

#27478 12 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Personally I think you won't be disappointed but suggest you play a premium somewhere locally for awhile (take $10 with you or something like that at least and see if you like the game ). I still am loving mine. Full disclosure I am a Godzilla fan. You get bonus points for taking your wife with you to test drive one if she is into pinball, too.

I’m prob at least $40 in on GZ. I say it’s a contender but that’s more to say, but I’m super sold on GZ (and the amazing mods). My Wife also likes GZ but also like TZ a lot and FF. I thinks it’s when vs if. I’m trying to hit the gas and wife owns a golden break pedal as I just got Bond a year ago. Thanks for pumping GZ, love it.

#27479 12 days ago

I just scored a set of Mirror Blades for my Godzilla Premium at Allentown Pinfest. I was told it attaches with screws. Any advice from someone has already been down this road and pictures would be icing on the cake. Thanks.

#27480 12 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I just scored a set of Mirror Blades for my Godzilla Premium at Allentown Pinfest. I was told it attaches with screws. Any advice from someone has already been down this road and pictures would be icing on the cake. Thanks.

I used this method: but of thin double sided tape and thumb tacks to hold. Credit to Swinks for the instructions.

IMG_2797 (resized).jpegIMG_2797 (resized).jpeg
#27481 12 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

You can get it on Amazon prime.

#27482 11 days ago

Here is the Stern one, also when I made mirror blades I added a tiny hole under each screw hole for a drawing pin / thumb tack so the head would over shoot the mirror blade edge for easier removal. I later just on sold the mirror blade designs so people can make their own or make and sell - so if you see the tiny holes under the screw holes this is what they were for.

Hope it helps

Instructions - Stern Mirror Blade.pdfInstructions - Stern Mirror Blade.pdfScreen Shot 2024-05-06 at 5.54.30 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-05-06 at 5.54.30 pm (resized).png
#27483 11 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

If you can speak japanese, they have a ultra4k UHD region free disc for sale outside of USA.. downside is no english subtitles. When Godzilla/Kong has run its course, USA will get UHD4K release that will have both color and -color versions.

#27484 11 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

You can get it on Amazon prime.

In Japan

#27485 11 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

I’m prob at least $40 in on GZ. I say it’s a contender but that’s more to say, but I’m super sold on GZ (and the amazing mods). My Wife also likes GZ but also like TZ a lot and FF. I thinks it’s when vs if. I’m trying to hit the gas and wife owns a golden break pedal as I just got Bond a year ago. Thanks for pumping GZ, love it.

We have five machines in our lineup and, over the past year, Bond is played most, followed by Zilla. Those are two deep games with a lot to do. As much as I enjoy playing Zilla on location, it really is a great pin to have at home. Being in Baltimore, you are close to Ultimate Powder Coating, which is where I got our Zilla armor P-C'd. Highly recommend. PM me if you want more details. Cheers!

And here's vikingerik setting a new GC on our Zilla last Friday. The guy stepped up to the machine, pressed Start once, plays for an hour and gets over 11B. He did the same on our AIQ in January - setting a new GC of 5.9B.

IMG_0580 (resized).jpegIMG_0580 (resized).jpeg
#27486 11 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

I’m negotiating with wife for a 3rd pin and GZ prem is the leading contender to add to James Bond and POTC.

We've had our Godzilla Premium for around a year and a half now. I was looking at a Jaws Premium but I think a Bond Pro will fit our budget better this year. The struggle is real my friend You'll never regret a Godzilla though, it's such a cool game.

#27487 11 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

We've had our Godzilla Premium for around a year and a half now. I was looking at a Jaws Premium but I think a Bond Pro will fit our budget better this year. The struggle is real my friend You'll never regret a Godzilla though, it's such a cool game.

i have a bond pro its the best version to own by far imo; and if your on a budget and looking on the secondary market you can get a bond pro pretty good price; get the bond pro; i can't afford jaws pre either so I'm hoping john wick pro in 6 months if its good

#27488 10 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

i have a bond pro its the best version to own by far imo; and if your on a budget and looking on the secondary market you can get a bond pro pretty good price; get the bond pro; i can't afford jaws pre either so I'm hoping john wick pro in 6 months if its good

Yeah, mostly just waiting for a good Bond Pro to be listed within driving distance

#27489 10 days ago
Quoted from DK:

What are homeuse only stock LES going for nowadays? Time for mine to move along

#27490 10 days ago

$13-16k depending on number of plays, topper and #of mods.

#27491 9 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Sometimes a straight shot into the building doesn't go in (or through) and just slowly rolls back out. Not always, apparently mostly on really high scoring games

oh I see now, balls rejected from the building. Thanks

#27492 9 days ago

What is the best flipper power setting and pitch to be able to hit the right ramp from the upper flipper?

I am currently at 180 for upper flipper power and pitch around 6.7 degree. The ball only goes 1/3 way of the right ramp from the upper flipper.

Also when hitting the center spinner from the left flipper, it goes too far to the right when feeding to the upper flipper, so I might need to turn down the power on the left flipper?

#27493 9 days ago
Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

What is the best flipper power setting and pitch to be able to hit the right ramp from the upper flipper?

I am currently at 180 for upper flipper power and pitch around 6.7 degree. The ball only goes 1/3 way of the right ramp from the upper flipper.

think the general feeling is that the right ramp isn't really meant to be makable from the upper flipper.

#27494 8 days ago

So I was installing the UFO mod and my elbow accidentally bumped the spotlight next to the tank spinner. It broke the hex post clean off. Does anyone know what this part is? Thanks for any help cheers!

PXL_20240509_020808493~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_020808493~2 (resized).jpg
#27495 8 days ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

So I was installing the UFO mod and my elbow accidentally bumped the spotlight next to the tank spinner. It broke the hex post clean off. Does anyone know what this part is? Thanks for any help cheers!
[quoted image]

There are ways to find the part number, but this is a case where it’s just as easy to measure it

https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-posts-metal.html

#27496 8 days ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

[quoted image]

put a peice of heat shrink over it to hold it in place until the replacement arrives.

#27497 8 days ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

[quoted image]

I broke mine six months ago, Stern support sent me a new one. Here is the page from their support manual: HEX BUMPER POST (530-5332-03)

IMG_5195 (resized).jpegIMG_5195 (resized).jpeg
#27498 8 days ago

Also when hitting the center spinner from the left flipper, it goes too far to the right when feeding to the upper flipper, so I might need to turn down the power on the left flipper?

You can technically do this sometimes, at least on some machines, but it's so dangerous that it's definitely not worth it. a missed shot on that ramp a lot of times will come right back down the middle. The right ramp is so easy to hit off the lower left flipper, even with a rolling shot, there's no reason to try and risk it from upper left IMO.

#27499 8 days ago

I would not ever be trying that, and I doubt that is even supposed to happen.

#27500 8 days ago

One thing that disappoints me slightly is how few shots can be made from more than one flipper. I love backhand opportunities but they are few and far between on this game.

I did learn to alter my strategy going for the loop from the upper flipper. A shot missed high that goes up the right ramp was killing me going straight down the middle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Flora, MS
$ 35.00
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 550 of 552.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/550 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.