PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatguybo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10192 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The two-ball issue happened to me. I lowered the eject value to 160 and it hasn't happened since.

Thanks! I am having the same issue occasionally, hopefully this helps.

1 month later
#11715 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Has anyone had a ball get stuck here? Couldn't shake it loose. Only solution was to remove the glass.
[quoted image]

A location I had played at a few months ago had 3 balls stuck there behind Mecha Godzilla.
I have yet to run into that on two other machines on location that I play regularly, as well as my personal machine.

#11847 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Love the oxygen destroyer ball save. Just like the million dollar shot in NBAFB!

This is immediately what I thought of when I saw the update! Such a fun idea and so satisfying to hit!

1 week later
#12292 1 year ago

Anyone run into an issue where the ball is not entering the VUK after going through the building ball lock? It’s draining but the VUK seems misaligned. If I lift the playfield slightly I can hear the ball roll fully into the VUK, then it will kick it up to the top of the building.

Stern has been useless when it comes to support and keeps insisting it’s an opto issue despite countless times pointing out it’s not.

#12361 1 year ago

Is anyone able to post some pictures of the VUK on their machine? Both from behind the playfield and underneath?

It’s hard to gauge where my alignment issue stems from without having a reference.

1 month later
#13737 1 year ago
Quoted from fkane:

My premium has been doing strange things lately. Sometimes a second ball will fire shortly after starting a ball for no apparent reason, and sometimes it goes dark and the flippers stop responding for no reason, like it does when you fail the oxygen destroyer. It's fine again once the ball drains.
I'm guessing my shaker motor shook something loose, but the plugs on the ball trough seem OK. Anyone run into this and know where to start looking?

Sounds like an issue with the trough, the trough is seeing all six balls when your first ball is still in play and kicking out a second and then it is registering again and thinking you are now on the next ball.

I had this same issue on Monster Bash a while ago. In my case I just needed to clean the optos.

You should be able to see what’s going on with a switch test.

2 weeks later
#14315 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

So maybe somebody out there can help me with an issue I have, I keep getting random ball launches in the middle of gameplay and occasionally it thinks a ball has drained. I think I have narrowed it down to this trough sensor connector, that I believe is getting shaken around and making poor connections due to the shaker motor. Anybody ever have a similar experience or a suggestion how to make a connection like this more secure.
[quoted image]

I’ve had this on Godzilla and Monster Bash. Both times the fix seemed to be just cleaning the optos and connector. Nothing was visibly dirty but it hasn’t happened again and this was months ago.

4 weeks later
#15196 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Will take a look. Thanks. Though, it is only a minor annoyance as a gentle shake fixes the issue, and the issue itself doesn’t happen too often.

This happens to me, also sometimes not all the time. Will have to see if it has stopped after updating to 1.0.

My VUK gap is awful, the gap can’t be adjusted to be close enough and Stern has ignored the issue in every email sent, they always blame the opto despite me having pictures of the ball sitting in the gap.

The gap on mine is created from my backboard being curved 3-4mm out from the back of the playfield. This happened gradually overtime.

8 months later
#21378 11 months ago

Extremely disappointing.

GodzillaTopper_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgGodzillaTopper_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#22305 10 months ago

Topper was available earlier at Marcos. Anyone able to snag one?
Better than waiting until the second run happens.

5 months later
#25009 5 months ago
Quoted from Big_C_70092:

Hi, total newbie here. GZ premium will arrive early December and its my first pin.
I saw a video where a guy mentioned that he changes the coil stops on every stern pin as its a known issue
Another where a guy claims the stern balls should be swapped out
I have the shaker motor and a few mods on order, inlcuding the roof top building mod.
Is the coil stop still an issue?
Are the stock balls good enough?
Im aware I need to lower the eject trough power to 165 and check the plunger alignment as well as check the bridge to verify its not hitting the plastic and consider the abe flips shooter lane skill shot fix and verify building is level with playfield.
Any other known issues?
Please advise on the coil stops and stock balls as well as other known issues.
Thanks, C.

Some wait to replace the balls and coil stops. I would replace them as soon as you verify the game is fully functional. The IMDN I picked up had 300ish plays with the stock coils and you could audibly hear how bad they were.

The stock coil stops wear relatively fast and it's pretty noticeable especially if you jump between a game with good coil stops to one with worn stops.
The balls aren't a huge deal but maybe stock up on some and replace them sooner than you would other balls.

Make sure you get some good wax such as P21S for the playfield and also consider getting some silicone bands for the game. The clear set Pinball Life offers will leave you with some extras.

3 weeks later
#25461 4 months ago
Quoted from marc_b:

Godzilla replacements! I know many of you have replaced the standard Godzilla (Premium/LE) with a NECA one. However, so many varieties and SIZES. Which NECA Godzilla have you upgraded with? WHat's the maximum size that will fit in that upper left space. I note that while many are only 6" tall- their tails are up to 12" long.
Here is a link to their choices:
https://necaonline.com/2020/12/12-days-of-downloads-2020-day-1-godzilla-action-figure-visual-guide/
Any opinions of which works best and largest you can fit?
Thanks in advance!

1956 is what Elwin used while developing the game, I forget what podcast he mentioned it on but it’s the reason why the figures are easily swappable, same spacing for the mounting points on the feet.

2 weeks later
#25906 4 months ago

So, the bar I was going to go to tonight to keep my 12 day streak alive while away is closing early, any chance anyone would be willing to scan in for me tonight and tomorrow?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatguybo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=thatguybo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.